3.78/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

197 Holland America Cruises Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Guest services are liars. We were booked on Holland America for my parents 60th anniversary. The day before, my dad a major heart attack and was hospitalized and operated on. We called Holland America immediately, and guest relations explained we did not take the insurance and we fully understood that, but then they promised us a future cruise if we booked by a certain date. We thanked them immensely and hung up the phone to deal with our family emergency. When we called Holland America back to book the cruise before the date they provided to us, they said no notes were in our file and we were not getting this future credit. This was 4 cabins, over $12,000.00 and they didn't even blink. Lesson to learn: always take the insurance policy out when dealing with Holland America or you are SCREWED. I would never use this cruise line again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We sailed on August 19 – 26 on the Maasdam departing from Montreal and traveling to Boston. The first four nights went well until August 23. We realized the carpet was wet right outside the washroom inside our room (504), a room for four people. We thought we may have spilled water on the carpet from showering so we asked the house steward to look further into this issue as well as the slow draining of the shower.

When we woke up on the morning of August 24, we stepped on the carpet and it was soaking wet, so we reported it to the house steward to check out and dry the room and we left for our breakfast. When we come back to our room, we noticed that there was maintenance staff looking at the pipes and said that the pipes were leaking and that was the issue and that they will fix it. The house steward said that they would put a blower in our room and we left for the land tour in Halifax.

We came back from the land tour around 4:00 pm. Once we opened the door, we could smell a very foul sewage odour from the washroom and the carpet was still soaking wet even with a blower blowing inside the room. When we stepped on the carpet, we could see water pooling around our shoes. We went up to guest services and talked to a customer service representative there (her name may be Teresa). Our frustration started from here.

We explained to her the situation and needed the situation to be resolved as soon as possible to prepare for our Gala night. She checked on the repair report for our room and told us the problem was that there was water blockage and it was fixed. She mentioned it will need time in order for the carpet to dry, but we should be able to sleep there tonight. We asked her to come to our room to check out the issue and she checked our room and insisted that the situation was not serious and that there were more serious issues that happened before including flooding that was to the ankles. We told her that we cannot sleep in that room anymore due to the sewage odour and the contamination of the air because of it. She told us that we can use room 500 (2 person room) and room 690 (2 person room) after the room was cleaned.

We needed to move right away to a prepared 4-person room so that we could prepare for the gala night and she mentioned there were NO other rooms available and that all rooms were SOLD OUT including suites. We could not believe that the entire ship was sold out and I raised my voice after we learned everything is sold out and our issue could not be resolved right away. Teresa then said she could not deal with us because I raised my voice and so we went back up to guest services to talk to the manager. After talking to the manager, he stated that room 500 and room 690 was our only option.

Since we had no other options, we used room 500 to prepare for our gala night and waited for room 690 to be cleaned. While using room 500, we found out that it also has flooding at the entrance of the room as the carpet was also wet. In the mean time, an officer from the engineering department came to check on the problem and mentioned that the flooding could not be fixed because water was retained beneath the carpet and the water level was shifted when the ship rocked and the carpet became soaked again. Therefore, this was an issue that could not be fixed in a couple of days.

Before our gala dinner, we had to rush back to guest services to let them know we could not use room 500. This time we talked to Teresa’s supervisor, Ray.

After talking to Ray, he showed us another room because room 500 was wet. He showed us room 750 on the floor below us. Room 750 was okay except it was a two-person room and it was on a different floor, so four people would be split up into two different rooms and that could not happen because we would have a minor without her parents in one room. We also mentioned to Ray that the air ventilation and circulation in room 690 was not working as the room smelled musty and there was little air flow coming from the vents. We left the issues for Ray to resolve and we left for the gala night.

After the gala dinner, we went back to Ray and he gave us another 2-person room (696) and that we can also keep 690. Then we realized that room 696 can actually fit four people instead of two and the air conditioning was working perfectly. We also realized that room 696 was a room that was vacant during our entire negotiation with the cruise line. Ray told us that room 696 could not be transformed into a four person room at that time because the technician that brings the Pullman down were already off their shift for the day and that we would have to wait until the next day in order to have the Pullman down. Ray suggested that we use room 696 and room 690 (poorly-circulated room) for the night.

My daughters did not feel comfortable staying in room 690 because of the musty smell and the poor circulation in the room as this could cause illness. Therefore, the four of us stayed in a room that was only equipped for three people. One of my daughters did not sleep well that night because she slept on the crack between the two twin beds as three of us shared the combined queen sized bed. We also did not sleep until 1:00 am that night due to all the negotiations and movement of our belongings between rooms.

In the meantime, room 504 (our original room) had three blowers surrounding it to dry the room: 2 blowers and a wet vacuum inside room 504 and one blower in the corridor. Room 500 also had blower in the room to dry the carpet. The next day (August 25), room 696 was well prepared with all four beds ready to sleep. We had no problems on that night, the night before we left the ship. The manager refunded us $450 for all our troubles.

We understand all ships would have issues especially older ship like Massdam, however we believed if this situation was handled in a more professional manner, we would not be stressed out and losing a good portion of our 7 days cruise time to relax and enjoy ourselves. This is our 7th time cruising and first time with Holland America. We never experienced any unpleasant situation with other cruise lines before.

We need to file a formal complaint with the guest services representative (who’s name we believe is Teresa, she also performed in the Filipino crew performance night). We think that she should not work in the front desk for the following reasons: 1. She lied to us by stating that the ship was sold out, but there were rooms available. 2. She did not show professionalism because she did not think our problem was dire enough and she aggregated more frustration within us by downplaying our issues. 3. She could not handle the situation because once we got angry by her aggravation, she said she could not talk to us. 4. Before she checked our issue in our room, she whispered something in Philippine to her Philippine colleague in guest services in front of us. We felt that it was a nasty comment and this is a very rude gesture.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 29, 2017

I went on the Maasdam from Montreal to Quebec! It was awful! The ship is a health hazard! I was in a room where black soot was coming out of the air conditioning unit. After complaining and being told that they would vacuum the system it still happened! They said it would have to be corrected when they returned to port! Then we were put in another room! They decided to paint the balcony in this room! The paint smelled, the paint scrapings were all over the balcony flooring, it was disgusting and we were not able to use the balcony! They gave us a $200 credit!! However it was so distasteful when they continued the scraping of paint and the filth outside of the cabin!! An awful experience!! The front office was apologetic but said they were told the painting had to be done! This ship is a health hazard!

Original review: July 23, 2017

Loved the food, entertainment, and overall experience. However, many of the crew do not seem to be fluent in english. That doesn't bug me - they could be honest and tell me they don't understand. My problem is they pretend to understand when they don't- this created quite a bit of friction as I hate being lied to. Also, my wife walked into our room and caught our steward by suprise with her wallet. (It was laying in the open safe when we left and when she returned he was startled and dropped it onto the bed.) I felt very uncomfortable from this and the fact he still had access to everyone's room afterwards.

Also, we had to watch our statements like hawks because they tried to get money off of us on a couple of occasions without just cause- including the daily service fee which was not mandatory and a time that they told me they refunded 160 dollars but didn't. If you go- lock all valuables in safe, speak slowly and loudly, and keep a close eye on your statement and you should be fine.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I just recently disembarked from the Panama Canal Central America 19 day cruise. Although I did enjoy the food and the services of the dining rooms and housekeeping, the highlight of my trip was the fitness centre and their knowledgeable staff. Boban was the onboard fitness coordinator and he not only helped me set and attain my goals but also gave me much information to take home with me to continue striving to reach my goals. He was very motivating and non-judging which made for a very positive experience.

I ended up losing 5 pounds during the course of the cruise while still being able to indulge in the ship's plentiful food. He is definitely a great asset to the ship and has very much to offer going forward. I only wish I had a trainer I could utilize back at home. Lastly I will mention the singers and dancers performances were incredible and beautifully choreographed. I had a pleasant experience and hope to come back again someday soon. Hopefully with just as excellent of a trainer so I can continue to feel good and maintain my goals.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holland America Cruises?

Original review: May 16, 2017

I have been on two cruises on Holland America and am about to go on a third to the Baltic. From the sales rep. to the cabin stewards, everyone I interacted with has been exceedingly polite, helpful and professional. The ships and itineraries are fantastic. I don't like gigantic gaudy ships, and HAL's are just right for me. The cruises go to many, many fabulous locales, and often, out of the way destinations, like the Beagle Channel, Falkland Islands, Ushuaia, etc. and the prices for these exotic itineraries are more than reasonable, in my opinion.

The demographic on the cruises I've been on is older, very civilized retired folks from all around the world, and not many children, which fits well with my wishes. The ships I've been on actually have libraries with huge windows and great views, actual books and magazines, as well as computers and WiFi access (must be purchased). I am honestly hooked on HAL and am not even looking around at other cruise lines, as I have been so pleased with every aspect of my experience with HAL. I hope they never change or try to pander to party folks.

Original review: May 16, 2017

My wife and I not only found the dining experience very unsanitary the way they wiped down the tables, but we were very upset when we were to spend 3 days in Sydney, Aus on a post cruise tour. When we got on the tour bus after disembarking the ship, we were told that we were not going to a hotel in Sydney, but the Hotel Carrington In the Blue Mountains, 3 hours away. We had opera tickets and dinner plans with friends in Sydney that night. The Hotel Carrington was a dump, it was under construction, the front entrance was closed and we had to enter through the Kitchen. There was no gym and no air conditioning on a 88' F night. We paid over $2500.00 for this post cruise and Holland America will not reimburse us for this 1 star Hotel.

I would never book a H-A cruise again. They treated us like they just didn't care and kept it a secret that we were not to be in Sydney for 3 nights. The hotel in Sydney was beautiful, but we only got rid of the vacation. This was not right. There are hundreds of hotels in Sydney. There was no excuse. Holland America never explained why the itinerary was changed at the last minute.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Recently had to leave a HAC on the 5th day of a 14 day cruise because of a family medical emergency. Had HAC promoted insurance. Filed claim. 4 weeks later they said they were missing items. 2 hours later they found them. 3 weeks later still no response. Do not make the mistake I made! Avoid buying travel insurance through cruise line.

Original review: March 14, 2017

The trip show me a whole lot about life and how many different places out there. I seen a lot of people along the way and a lot of different animals. I took friends and family along the way and they had such a good time too. It was a fun trip. They had a pool and they had lot of activities, too. It had a casino with slots, table games and other type of gambling activities. I enjoy the spa, the gym and a full exercise room. Also, they had room service and it was some of the best I had yet.

Also, I love the location of the destination and it was beautiful on arrival. It's a place to collect your thoughts, ease your mind and relax. I love the ocean waters and the culture. I would love to move there if it was a residential area but it's not so I would love to visit again. Also, the value was worth every dollar you would put toward this luxury vacation. I just need more stores and other activities. Even though it has a lot to do it never enough.

Original review: March 12, 2017

The cruise was fine but there was not much time between activities to breath or relax, see the sights or really enjoy the cruise or much of anything. It was overpriced for what you get, too. The onboard amenities were fine but need improvement. They could include more amenities and other things like more activities for the children and even the adults. Cleanliness was just average and could be better. The room was cozy but walls too thin and bathroom too small but it was clean and tidy. You get exactly what you pay for. I would still recommend even not perfect. It was a nice trip.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I wanted a vacation that would be relaxing and different and a cruise was what I wanted. The cruise was great and I enjoyed it very much. All amenities were included. The food and drink were all included. The food was great and the cruise was very relaxing. Lodging was more than what I expected. I loved the cruise. I would like to take another cruise that is longer as soon as possible. A world cruise would be great. Can't wait for the next cruise.

Original review: March 8, 2017

A absolutely breathtaking mesmerizing experience. Something everyone should experience in their life. Something that you will remember and talk about the rest of your life. The service and crew and associates are top notch. It seems as if they personalize and cater to everyone's needs in a different way which is remarkable. The quality of my overnight stay was absolutely amazing. I would take the same cruise again in a heartbeat. Everything from the lodging to the staff and food were top notch. For what you pay this seems to be a steal of a deal. It's top quality everything. You feel as if you are a VIP or even a celebrity. Really. This is the best value I have ever had.

Original review: March 7, 2017

This was a dream trip that the staff made exceptional. They always wanted to do more and are very professional. There is a long list of activities to do on board and the staff makes sure that you are getting the most out of your time on board. They are a very high tech cruise line. They are very good at making sure that you get the most of their amenities and services by always asking if they can do more or if there is anything else that you need. The staff always offers even more suggestions for you to experience.

The rooms on the cruise were very stylish and it felt like you were a king for the entire trip. The beds were very comfortable and clean and had plenty of room. It was like staying at a world class hotel for the entire trip. I was actually expecting to pay so much more than what I really did. There is so much extra that you get just for taking the cruise that is already figured into the price. It was an exceptional value.

Original review: March 6, 2017

Many itinerary options at all ports. We went on several tours and had enjoyable experiences. Great time for all, interesting sights and great opportunities to explore and see new sights. The onboard amenities and service were outstanding. The stewards were very helpful and attentive. The pools and shops were great and the coffee bar was very welcome. The picture gallery was fine. The meals were fabulous. The entertainment was amazing. We enjoyed the whole cruise experience and we had an awesome trip.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Holland America Cruises have so many great options that we didn't choose an itinerary, we let things happen and just went with it. It ended up being the most fun my wife and I have ever had together, it truly was a once in a lifetime experience. You get a lot of bang for your buck. Dollar for Dollar. Any possible thing you can think to do; from dining and drinking to the endless choices of entertainment, you cannot go wrong with any choice.

WOW!! The bed was truly the most comfortable we have ever slept on, we slept more sound than any night at home. The rooms were stately and had every possible amenity we could ever want or need and the views from our room and our balcony was spectacular, too. I highly recommend ordering room service for at least one meal, you won't be disappointed. The valet we had was tremendously helpful, he catered to our every need.

Original review: March 4, 2017

They kept us very busy with some great activities and had time to explore. There were so many things, swimming, concerts, bingo and dinner dancing. The people knew what they are doing. I also loved how our rooms were fresh each and every day and they have nice beds, beautiful layout of the rooms. And loved the ocean and the cleanliness of the boat. Service people were always friendly and happy. I have never felt more welcomed and made you feel right at home. They went above and beyond things, if could I would have stayed a month. The prices were a little bit higher, but somehow worth the price.

Original review: March 3, 2017

The itinerary for the Holland America Cruise was very exciting because there were a lot of great options and activity and very attractive. It was never overwhelming or too little to choose. It was simple and easy to decide. The amenities were of plenty. Lots of spas, swimming pools, dance halls. There were great dining and beverage selections, too. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was provided.

The overnight stay was very pleasant and comforting. We had wonderful service with luxurious rooms, superb entertainment and great televisions and wifi as well as soft pillows and a great ocean view. The cruise experience was well worth the money spent. It was reasonably priced and the cost was not hidden from me nor was it a surprise. It was all included in the beginning.

Original review: March 2, 2017

This is my first time and I'm glad I'm within this cruise. The itinerary is quite clear and it's something you should stick when travelling. All the information that I need is already in there and I just need to be in that place and time. The amenities, the people, the services it's all great. The beverages, food and the scenery it's superb. The best thing about their services is the room. It's so wonderful and splendid. The value they are sharing to their customer is awesome and worth it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

The shore excursions were so much fun. We toured places & learned about different cultures. The length of time at each port was just enough so that we could do the excursions without feeling pressed for time. There was something for everyone on the cruise ship so that when we were out to sea going from one island to the next we were never bored.

The ship was gorgeous & so was our room. We could look out our window and see dolphins playing together in the ocean. The nightly turn down service was great. The staff assigned to us made the trip feel like we were at home. Anything we wanted or needed, they were there to deliver it to us. Also, the staff went out of their way to make the cruise extra special & very memorable.

The food served was delicious and you could eat all you wanted & not be charged extra for more food. Also, the spa treatments were wonderful. So relaxing & it was nice to treat myself with a wonderful massage & seaweed wrap. Room service was fast, friendly, & accurate every time. The shopping & gambling on the ship was out of this world. Considering it was all inclusive, except for alcoholic beverages & shore excursions, the value was exceptional. They had so much to do that it was impossible to do everything. It was definitely worth the money we spent.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Know WHO is caring for your parents and loved ones at sea. And this matter should concern all, but has been addressed by NONE. I am a medical doctor practicing in Massachusetts. My elderly parents, 84 and 85, embarked on their sixth Grand World Voyage in January. Despite their respective ages, they had few chronic medical conditions.

About four days into their four month cruise, my mother fell ill with a GI related illness and quickly developed all the clinical signs of dehydration. She would visit the ship's doctor and infirmary 5 times during her TEN days on the cruise ship. Per my father (a retired cardiologist), the "doctor" spent merely moments with her and recommended that the nauseated and dehydrated patient taking fluids by mouth (per os).

By day ten, my mother was unsteady, weakened, and not urinating. At MY insistence, an IV was placed and hydration commenced. Basic laboratory values revealed she was in acute and life-threatening renal failure, K+=7.0, Cr=14, Na=120. Look up the values, they are scary. She disembarked in San Diego and was hospitalized for 6 days and necessitated hemodialysis. Their cruise is now over given her medical condition, and in lieu of spending a winter in the sunshine, she is receiving dialysis in the cold northeast.

In my world, as a US doctor, this is simply malpractice - failure to assess appropriately and intervene with the simplest form of medical intervention, an intravenous line, a simple nursing procedure! With early intervention, I am confident that my parents would still be cruising (probably their last) and not spending their days at UConn Medical Center.

My repeated attempts to find out the licensure, malpractice history, specialty and continuing medical education (all public record for US physicians, including myself) has been met with hang ups, call transfers and downright belligerence on the part of Holland America. My seething and frustration continues. While information on the ship's captain is obtainable, nothing can be derived about the independent contractors they refer to as "doctors". Travelers beware!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

There was many options to choose from and there's something for everyone. There's sight-seeing, shopping, eating, and taking in the local culture. No one will be disappointed. We had small children with us, and they were satisfied. Whatever you need and/or want, you will be able to get it. Also, everyone was nice and helpful, and they had a smile on their face 24/7. Everything was so clean and fresh. They truly take pride in their ship. Overall the value is beyond what you get. Everything will blow away your expectations.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

It was a great time, me and my family enjoyed that so much. Everything worked out very good more than what we expected, the places was awesome, all kinds of fun, music, etc. The prices was so much affordable, the service is awesome, you just feel like a prince. The team are very friendly. I loved this time on board, wonderful food and drinks. The quality of overnight stay is awesome, I love night life, there is so much many things to do, and when it's time for bed it was so calm at my cabin, this is a dream. The value was real worthy, I felt like I got what I paid for from the begging to the end, it is truly a super stars services, super clean and super fancy. I missed this so much, planning to go this coming year. Yay!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

One had many options to prebook or to choose from a la cart prior to arrival. I chose to review all amenities, activities available prior and plan each day at the time. All amenities which included furnishing, decor, arrangements, dining, entertainment and events. Services included all inclusive from in room to on board to off board activities all rearranged. The quality of the stay from in room and on board were higher than one would normally expect. The most notable items especially food and drink exceeded my expectations and most if all would concur. The perceived value as defined as the cost versus met expectations were good although on a comparative basis were higher than other lines.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

It was fantastically large ship and there were a lot of different things to do on it. I was there for three days and I enjoyed every minute of it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get away and relax. Their amenities was so so. I have had a lot better but I don't really want to complain. I was not astounded by it but it was okay. I would go again if I had the opportunity. Overall it was great soft bed, silk sheets, great dinner and wonderful breakfast. Lovely Jacuzzi to soak in and a lot of other great features. It was worth what I paid for it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

After cruising on another line, Holland is clearly a top provider of a cruise that's both luxurious onboard and interesting in port. For the same price as a Mexican resort, you get better food, better lodging, amazing views and better safety for the same amount of time. We booked all but one shore excursion ourselves. There was some variety of on boat activities but the one Holland excursion on shore we did we found to be boring. Our balcony had enough room for us to relax and enjoy watching the ocean. We enjoyed having a variety of dining hours to choose from as well as late night snacks. The food was exceptional and exposed me to new tastes. We were also impressed with the gallery of art on the ship and all the staff was well trained. The room steward was always available with whatever we needed.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Holland America Cruises had helicopter tours that made stops on glaciers and also had fishing trips for a reasonable amount of money and a few land tours available also. They had a casino I liked going to, although the payouts could have been better. The rest of the time I was by the pool and not much of anything else. They had very nice rooms with beds that were very nice although the bathrooms could have been a bit larger and the lighting was very good. The food was always very good and available whenever we were hungry whether it was day or night.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I've sailed with Holland America from Boston to Montreal and loved everything in between, reveling in Halifax's historic town, Green Gables on Prince Edward Island, and the amazing and beautiful city of Quebec. Sailing on Holland America, you are offered not just food and entertainment, but also you are welcome to find out about what you are seeing. Experts are there to answer your questions and speak with you so you know what you are looking at.

We did not choose a balcony room, which I heard were wonderful, but the one step below that and found it all comfortable. The room's a good size for two people. I loved looking out my window to the sea every morning. We sailed with family and friends and loved meeting in the different lounges that were plentiful and excellent. The food was superior. The staff were so incredibly helpful and kind as well, and seemed sincere too! I have never enjoyed a cruise line like I've enjoyed Holland America.

Because there are the different levels of rooms to stay in, it is very possible to be able to afford a cruise on nearly any budget that you have. The rest of the ship is wide open to you, regardless of your bank account: the ship activities, restaurants, and entertainment. Alcoholic beverages are extra costs, but with care you can work around that as well. You don't even have to buy shore excursions. You can just walk off the ship and explore on your own for free. Cruising is a great value vacation, and you get to see new things. I would definitely sail on Holland America again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Holland America had a lot of stuff to choose from to do, and swimming, play ping-pong, dancing. The whole staff was great, and loved all you can eat for breakfast lunch and dinner. They had a nice swimming pool that you can Swimming in, a few different restaurants to choose from which were Italian, Japanese, pizza and stuff like that. They also had an area where you can gamble, so have fun playing poker, blackjack, and slots. Had a great time on board, have fun, and was relaxing at times so if you wanted to. Could do everything on the boat that you would do on land. The value of the cruise experience was very good, we all got our money's worth. I do in all the activities that they supplied for us to do.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

The three day itinerary with my wife was memorable. The services were at the highest level, fast and efficient. The staff generally trained and experienced and are experts in their field. Rest was on top! All this unforgettable atmosphere, nature, quality and good service, top-level accommodation. In general, satisfied with everything, I recommend to all beginners.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

You are waited on and entertained from the beginning to the end. You have a Casino to play in, while at sea. Many shops and games on board. Delicious food choices and different entertainment each night. The Ports of Call you visit are picked with great care and let you have a taste of other cultures. It's a home away from home without a bunch of packing and unpacking. The quality of your stay is whatever you want it to be. If you want breakfast in bed, just ask for it. If you have a special celebration while at sea, just request to have it taken care of. The crew on a Cruise Ship is there to make your stay something to remember.

Overall a cruise is an all in one experience and probably the most practical way to travel for everything you get. If I could afford it, I would take at least two cruises a year. Study where you would like to visit, how long you can be gone and how formal or relaxing you would like the trip to be. Be open to new things, people and places. Pick a table for 8 or 10 if you would like to meet new people. It is delightful to meet people of new places and cultures. To me cruising is the best trip you can do.

Holland America Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Holland America Line has been transporting guests to exotic destinations for over 140 years and is known for its five-star service and excellent cuisine.

• Ballroom dancing: Guests can take complimentary "Dancing With the Stars" dance lessons from professional dancers, and they can then compete for the title of Cruise Champion and more.

• Excursions included: All shore excursions are included in the package price for Holland America Cruises.

• Dining variety: Guests have the option to dine as they wish; they can take a seat in the main dining hall, or they can visit the grill or pizza restaurant on the ship.

• Cancellation Protection Plan: Guests can purchase cancellation protection, giving them peace mind and a refund should anything come up to prevent them from sailing as planned.

• Gifts and indulgences: Holland America offers a program that lets guests and family members send gifts such as spa treatments and flowers to create extra special moments while cruising.

• Best for: The Holland America Cruises are best for travelers who want a traditional and elegant experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs