1.44/5

Looking for a travel site?

Holiday Inn

Looking for a travel site?

Holiday Inn Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

Holiday Inn & Suites Virginia Beach North Beach was where I stood and it was great. The hotel is right on the boardwalk so the view of beach was amazing and the room was clean and well decorated. Had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker which I loved. Just wished breakfast was included and not extra but I would definitely stay there again. My main concern is cleanliness and it was very clean.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Good transport to & from airport. Ample parking. Staff was good. Clean. Rooms adequate. Bar by dining room. They had good food, breakfast and dinner. Live band. Close to attractions and local restaurants.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Clean in entrance. Told us about breakfast and the times. Upstairs to second floor. Down a long hall. To get door open is a new way. If my daughter not with me I could not get in. Would have to get assistance. Just tap card to handle. Only bottle of lotion and one bar soap. Rest in jars up in tub area. Room clean. Only stayed one night. I liked the pillows as I have to sit 1/2 way up at night. They did not crush down like other motels.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I took the tour about purchasing a unit and was promised 10K points. The girl at the desk said they were out of points and she would credit my account in the next few days. Well, two months later, no points. I have called, left messages, spoke with reps, been transferred, listened to A LOT of hold music and have been hung up on. The conclusion? If you want to spend your good money to be treated poorly, this is the place to do it. But, I can think of better ways to spend money.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Terrible customer service. Had a problem with my stay and was initially given the details for the wrong hotel when I contacted Holiday Inn so I couldn't contact this branch of the hotel until late. The hotel made me an offer to solve the problem very late at night then retracted the offer the next day. Was passed on to management who didn't reply to my email. Don't stay here if you expect to stay with a hotel that has staff who actually care about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Although Warren was friendly and courteous, it felt more like a hostage negotiation than a sales pitch. What was also odd is that Warren had similar life experiences as myself. Lots of numbers about points and perks was very confusing and thrown at us quickly. First one was for us to spend $44,000 and the last of four was for around $8,000. When Warren finally gave up, Michele hit us with two more before we finally got the $249 back that we spent for these three nights. Common high pressure sales like being made to feel guilty for not taking one of these great offers, for wanting to continue renting compared to owning and giving this to our kids, and showing us very nice room layouts and wondering why we wouldn't want this.

The place is nice, but more for younger folks with families. They have a golf course, but only pull carts. Very hard for someone in their 60's to walk a very hilly nine hole course. Costs extra even if a timeshare owner to go to the water park, 18 hole putt-putt course is not lighted, and you have to take out your own garbage. If you like to do a lot of travelling and can afford the airfare, the incidental costs, and doing your own housekeeping and cooking, then it might be a good deal. But it was not for us and did not appreciate the high pressure sales (although we had anticipated it).

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We did not want to purchase this timeshare but Holiday Inn bought out the timeshare we previously had and said, no kidding, "that we had no choice as the property no longer belong to our previous owner and we were still under contract." Thousands of dollars later the lies go on. We were told we would not have to do anything to have our time rollover at no cost and that any unused time would automatically accumulate. LIES. We have to not only contact them but they charge us $200 to roll them over and then only keep them for a year. Booking is a nightmare.

If you have a question, don't expect to make it to someone on the phone as you are almost always put on hold (after bouncing through a series of press # for this...) and before you reach a person, they disconnect you. If you try to reach them online, the same process applies and either your computer hangs up, because the connection has time out, or nothing happens. I cannot tell you the depth to which I cannot stand this time share, the loss of money, the absolute waste of my hard earned time and money is beyond frustrating. Please, please if you are looking to buy a timeshare, go somewhere else. Spare yourself the misery you will run into dealing with this company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Booked a trip with them for Las Vegas. Canceled trip. Re-booked it to Myrtle Beach in Sept. Then they canceled it without my knowledge and would not rectify the situation. Rip Off. Go ahead and keep my money. You people are not worth the trouble. Buyer beware of their scams and tricks.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

HOLIDAY INN 0 MT PROSPECT, IL. When I arrived at the hotel, nobody was waiting and the counter had two staff. However, both were too busy taking phone calls to even greet me. One call, then another... One person, presumably the duty manager, was on his cell phone on I assume was personal business. Okay, finally they get to me. Then I am asked to sign a credit card approval for considerably more than the agreed-upon rate (via the IHG website). I refused. The staff member kept pointing to a sign that said they put a hold on debit cards. I replied that I used a credit card, not a debit card, so those conditions do not apply. The guy just kept pointing to the sign and says he will give me the extra charged money back after I check out of the room. It turned into a minor screaming match - can't you understand your own sign which specifies "debit card"? He then removes the sign from the counter.

The other guy, presumably the duty manager, finally gets off his cell phone and says something to the effect that I should not be allowed to stay in their hotel. The first guy says I will have to pay for the room as I did not cancel it in time for a refund. I replied I will sign the credit card approval only for the amount agreed upon. Somehow, they relented. I got to the room and there was a fresh blood stain on the sheet right by the pillow. I say it was fresh because it was bright red so appears not to have been washed. After all the turmoil at check-in, I just tried to ignore it. The hotel is a bit dated. The attached restaurant served the wrong meal and the server just disappeared after saying "it's wonderful?". Besides that, she didn't bother to give me even utensils. So all in all, a night and a hotel I'd rather forget.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Booked months ahead of time and paid extra to be able to cancel up until the day before arrival. Get to the Holiday Inn north beach Virginia Beach to find out that their beach is unusable because of a rejuvenation project. So they had NO BEACH but never notified us and charged full peak prices. Management told us that they’d give us back about $50 per night but that’s still beach front prices. They then said we were welcome to go somewhere else and they wouldn’t penalize us!! So we’re supposed to spend a day finding a place, repacking, checking in, unpacking etc. Called IHG direct and they say they can’t do anything even though it’s their property and we booked through them. AND our calls were dropped EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Holiday Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Holiday Inn was founded in 1952 and is now an InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) brand. There are more than 1,200 Holiday Inn hotels with 228,100 rooms worldwide, making it one of the world’s largest hotel chains.

• Kids stay free: At Holiday Inns there is no charge for children under age 19 when they stay in the same room as their parents. Kids under 12 can order off the children’s menu for free at all onsite restaurants. Guests can visit the Holiday Inn website for more information.

• Pools and fitness centers: Most hotels in this chain have indoor and/or outdoor pools available for recreational or fitness activities. Guests will also likely have access to a fitness center when staying at a Holiday Inn.

• Supports small business: Holiday Inn is currently involved in IHG’s Journey to Extraordinary campaign. This year, the brand is exploring ways to help small businesses owners and entrepreneurs with business travel. They have partnered with two small businesses, Sword & Plough and Perfect 10, to learn about the small business traveler and find ways to make travel easier for that group.

• Rewards credit card: With IHG’s Rewards Club Select Credit Card cardholders earn points for every purchase they make, which can then be used for free hotel stays at any IHG hotel, including Holiday Inns. New customers can receive 70,000 bonus points when they spend at least $2,000 during the first three months they have the IHG Credit Card, which can give them as many as 14 free nights. See IHG’s website to apply.

• Smartphone app: IHG’s app makes it easy for travelers to quickly book a room at any of their brands, including Holiday Inn. The Flyertea Travel Awards named the app the Best Travel Mobile App in 2015. It is available for both Apple and Android platforms.

• Best for: Holiday Inn caters to families, business travelers and budget conscious travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs