4.53/5
  • 1 star
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 26, 2017

17 Hipmunk Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Hipmunk has a vast variety of travel locations to choose from. You can easily book a flight, rental car and hotel all in one step for one price. No worrying about going to different websites to book different things. You just select your location that you are traveling and the dates and search from there. It is very simple and quick and that is the way I like to travel. Makes my life easier helping me to find the best prices quickly. Also, I like the website layout and the fact that I can reach a quote quickly for several different things.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I used Hipmunk the most. The company has been around since 2010 and as soon as you click on the site you have the option to schedule and research on flights, hotels, car rental and even packages. Hipmunk will help you get affordable deals for traveling making sure you are save money as much as possible. The site is very organized and easy to use without any problems. It's not confusing or overwhelming with unnecessary. The best part about Hipmunk is the site is free and you can use it anytime you like whenever you are traveling. You can also use their app or simply go online.

This site is awesome. It does remind me of other traveling sites like Priceline and Trivago. I just wish that there was something that makes this site or company stand out more than the others and be included with the other brands that are globally known. I don't believe that many people know about this site and it isn't advertised enough online or even television ads about it. More people should see what this company has to offer so more people can use it and experience the benefit for themselves.

Also, it is simple to make an account with them or you can use them as a guest. When I want to book a hotel what I do is go on the website, click on the tab where it says "hotel". There is a search bar there and you type in where you want to stay as far as whatever city, state or country. Then you put it how many days you plan on staying and how many people per room. Once you do that you click on the search bar and there you will see a long listing of hotels in the area you chose to pick from. They also give you vital information, ratings, comments, pictures and pricing for each hotel. Once you like it you book the room and some hotels have you to pay upfront.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Hipmunk.com allows you to search and filter down to find the best travel deals that fit your needs and you budget. Using Hipmunk.com is a pleasurable experience. The process to make an account is simple to use and set up. Booking a flight and choosing a flight is as easy. Just pick the dates and choose the best option for you. The same applies for the hotel process. Pick what works for you as far as your budget, where or what amenities you want and choose your lodging. Renting a car is simple also, choose your company, pick your dates and class of vehicle and on the way you go. I have used it several times to book travel for leisure purposes and have never had any problems or issues using the website or its affiliates.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I did make an account and it was very simple and easy to do. It saves your information and choices for easier booking on the next time you need to reserve a facility or service to have better service. It is very easy to use and gives you access to numerous facilities and also the best deals so you are paying the absolute best price for your hotel of choice. There is really not much else better than this site. It is very straightforward and does not beat around the bush in what you are looking for in reserving hotel facilities.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I have an account with this site and when I've booked through them in the past, I could access my information and bookings with no problems. I remember it being very straightforward and easy. It's easy to browse and skim and scan all of the information on the pages. The layout and look and feel of the site is modern and youthful. I love the prices too! But instead of selecting the seating class in the search bar, I would rather see ALL options and prices and filter my results instead of limiting my search in the beginning. Also no more pop-ups, they are distracting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hipmunk?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

It is a sleek easy to use website. I like that I can compare many offers from many different sites all in one place. Plus it has a very intuitive UI. I like that it saves me lots of time so I don't have to go from site to site just to get the best deal out there. But I think there are more travel sites out there that they could pull offers from. Plus the look of the website could be a bit more modern. Though all in all it is a great site and very very easy to use and interact with.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I opened the site, click on the appropriate links or tags in order to search or make choices but I did not make an account but probably will the next time I travel. The site was easy to use and it had a lot of choices to look at so I could easily compare prices, amenities, locations and other things all on one page so my search was quick and efficient. It was quite easy to find several choices of accommodations. A few more reviews would be a good idea, but what I found there was helpful. Perhaps the individual pictures could be smaller or open in a new page in order to improve things. Otherwise, I thought the site was quite good as it is.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

The info they give, easy and fast, best option to rent and travel, include flight, rooms. They show you opinions from other guest, and they are honest, that way you know where to stay by the best price. It was so easy to use, you don't need an account. Well, you need if you're going to give all your info and book, it's pretty easy, input, dates and start finding your best options. It actually works pretty good to me. I have used about 5 times, and I always find the best options, and best prices. If someone can't use it, it's just because they're PC or phone is pretty slow, because you need fast data to use this.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I made my account with Hipmunk and it was very simple to use. All things are very easy to work with and it was very fast to pay. Everything is very visual and the site gives you great information to find what you're looking for. It has lots of booking features and I like it in general as everything works good and flows well. Just click the information you see and it leads you right to a flight booking.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I made an account with Hipmunk and the process probably took me about 20-25 seconds at best. Design-wise, the site is great, functionality is also worthwhile and what it offers is outstanding. I liked how as a whole it is very cut and dried, streamlined and easy to use. The offering of always giving me endless choices and the best deals when it comes to my traveling needs is also the greatest asset to me. Everything is broken down that showcases transparency so I can get cost and pricing details quick, book, and be satisfied. Hipmunk is beneficial and inviting.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The Hipmunk site was great. They had everything laid out, easy to find and they had all the information I possibly needed to make my choice. They showed me sites of interest and places to go as well as lots of hotels and motels in the area I would be in. I will use this site again in the near future for all my needs.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I signed up with Hipmunk the first time I used the site and looked for rooms that has a view I wanted and saw what the inside looked like as well as some of the outside scenery. Hipmunk goes into detail from the moment you hit search after destination and shows you pictures and rotations of each room available and prices narrowed down for you. I like saved places next time you enter the site or app and then maybe an actual video of tour guides showing the room and around the place you are looking for. Videos showing the best qualities would help.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The Hipmunk website was easy to use and it was simple to find what I needed. It brought up many different options for my hotel needs and in the surrounding area. I like that I could just type in my dates of arrival and departure, that I could select a certain area to look. But the site could be cleaned up a little bit, not so clogged with information. The website is distracting and a little messy with all of the unimportant information like ads that I would never click on.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My experience was hassle free. I signed up for an account and from there, did my search and found a good deal and booked with no complications. The site is easy to navigate and the process is fairly simple to compare and find the best rates on a flight, hotel or car rental. I like that feature a lot that it includes all accommodations for the most part that a person needs to travel. But they could have better promotions like a point program for every dollar spent to put towards a discount on future purchases. That would probably help more people return in the future.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I typically search for a destination that I am interested in travelling to and then look for the best deals I can find with companies that I trust and find to be reliable. I have an account with Hipmunk.com because I use them fairly regularly. I like that the website is also quick and so convenient to use and really helps streamline my travel preparations and yearly trips for when I travel for business or leisure.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I made an account on the Hipmunk website and started browsing flights and hotels. It was easy and fun to navigate the site and narrow my search to find exactly what I want and I had everything I needed to make my purchase. The travel website works great for me and I can find the best prices and get special deals.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I like how simple the design is of hipmunk.com, as the name states, a small little chipmunk appears around the screen giving a welcoming smile which generally makes me slightly happier. The other thing I appreciate is the easy to use controls and I virtually able to enter what I needed and got what I wanted in nearly no time at all. It was very simple and straight to the point and there was an option to make an account.

Hipmunk expert review by ConsumerAffairs

hipmunk is a travel website that attracts more than 130,000 visitors each month. It is known for organizing results in a highly visual manner that helps people choose options that are right for them.

• Mobile deals: The hipmunk mobile app offers exclusive deals with savings of up to 60 percent on hotels.

• Vacation rentals: hipmunk lets customers search private vacation rentals as well as hotels and resorts.

• Amtrak schedules: hipmunk publishes Amtrak schedules to help travelers plan train rides.

• Hotel guides: Travelers can read hipmunk hotel guides to find accommodations that match their needs.

• Vacation packages: hipmunk bundles flights, hotels and cars to offer travelers more discounts.

• Best for: Domestic, international and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs