Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5
Based on 1,490 ratings submitted in the last year

Greyhound Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: April 8, 2021

This is my first trip on a company Greyhound bus and I think the last one for me and for all my friends. When you hire drivers to transport passengers, I think you need to look not only at his driving experience, but how he treats passengers. A normal person, especially a bus driver, could calmly explain and take care of his passengers, when you ask the driver for help, where can I sit, the ticket is without a seat. He rudely says, if you don’t like you can walk. We paid for the fare, not for his stupid suggestions on how to get to our destination. 04/07/21 at 2:00 pm sched 2510 from New York to Boston. The driver did not even apologize, but once again offered stupidity, If don’t like issue tickets, get a refund. This is such a way out, he considers an apology. God is his judge and let him do the same in his life.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Absolutely HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! My bus 5+ hours BEHIND schedule & was not notified prior to our departure time AT ALL! We had to wait almost 6 hours at a bus station that was closed with NO RESTROOMS! When our bus finally arrived Greyhound made ZERO attempt to clean/sanitize ANYTHING from the previous passengers! HELLO COVID-19!! On top of that our bus driver was a total jerk! Rude! He was even falling asleep while driving! Do not waste your time or money! This company is dangerous & they do not care about their passengers!

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Yes I have gotten a Greyhound bus ticket from Greensboro NC to Paducah Kentucky and unfortunately the weather stopped the bus at Atlanta Georgia. The bus ticket was delayed 24 hrs so I found my way to my destination another way but I having a hard time trying to get them to get me home. I didn't even use the full tickets.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I had the misfortunate experience to need to take Greyhound on Feb 2 from Fayetteville SC to Orlando Florida. I personal witnessed the worst abuse on passenger both able body and even worse to disable. The most aggressive rude unnecessary treatment by majority of drivers and staff. Most cases to escalate than to help or provide assistance in any way or reason. I will end with this. The one thing they improved since 2014 my last time on greyhound is to become even worse than ever before. I hope I don't have a situation to need to take greyhound in the future. It will be my only and last resort short of walking that I consider first before I would.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

We are in the middle of an ongoing global pandemic and they are still filling their buses. Almost everyone has to sit directly next to a stranger. During these times, Greyhound needs to make sure every passenger has their own seats. You really care about health and safety? Unbelievable.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Paid for a ticket for my schizophrenic son to get home from CA to LA... They REFUSED TO HELP ME. WOULDN’T REFUND MY MONEY BECAUSE OF “THE TYPE OF TICKET I PURCHASED”. I understand rules...but that’s uncalled for. He can’t help the voices... They are ridiculous. How can you simply look over and look away from a situation like that. I was just trying to get him home to take care of him. This is a waste of human morals.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Said trip for my daughter was supposed to be 20 hrs and she got to destination in 38!! Worst part is NO is available for questions! I need management to please contact me. And Discrimination Is an issue!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I had a bus scheduled to leave at 3:55AM in Burley, ID. I arrived 20+ minutes early as permitted. I called at 3:58AM to see if the bus was running late and I was told by a representative that the bus was rescheduled to arrive at 5:37AM. I went back to my hotel and returned at 5:15AM where I then began to call customer service again to assure that the bus was going to arrive on time. I was then told that there was no further updates on the arrival time that the bus should be there at 5:37AM as noted. I waited until 5:51AM to call yet again. This time I was told that the bus had been canceled and that I wouldn’t be able to book another bus until the following day. This didn’t work for me since I have a flight to catch at 9:45AM in Boise, ID. I booked far in advance to avoid any mishaps, but here we are. I spoke to 2 different girls from customer service and I was upset that I wasn’t told that the bus had been canceled.

I could’ve went with Salt Lake Express instead since they had available fares at that time. My whole trip was delayed due to the lack of communication from this company. Also, my mom asked to speak to a supervisor and we were put on hold only to speak to the same incompetent worker who later hung up on us when she was supposed to be getting her supervisor. I will not be using Greyhound ever again. And I demander a FULL REFUND for both fares that I had scheduled. I had to cancel my flight and both buses due to this catastrophe. This was an extreme inconvenience for me and I am furious. I would like Angela, Angelica, Angelic, whatever her name is to be reprimanded for her failure to assist me and for hanging up on us.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I have only traveled with Greyhound once before and has not return as I had a terrible experience. Greyhound was the only option for my destination, so I selected to travel with them from New York, NY to Mt Laurel, NJ. I rarely travel under the pandemic, but had to this time due to personal matters. Everything was fine upon boarding in New York; however, things got out of control during the pit-stop at Newark, NJ. It took over 30 minutes to board all passengers, there were ZERO social distancing when boarding, the bus became crowded, and Greyhound was FORCING passengers (who do not know each other) to sit next to one another. This is extremely unsafe during a pandemic and it shows the bus does not care about the safety of their passengers at all. I once again had a terrible experience and will NOT be traveling with Greyhound again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I purchased a Greyhound ticket for my son through a third party website called Wanderu. I was never asked for my son's birthdate. The ticket was non-refundable. After purchasing the ticket, I learned that children under 17 cannot purchase tickets online. Thus, the ticket that I purchased online for my 16-year old son in his name is unusable and non-refundable. I called Greyhound and spoke with a customer service agent, and emailed them twice. All three agents told me that I need to go in person to purchase the ticket and the ticket that I purchased online is non-refundable and my son cannot use it. This is unacceptable business practice. I feel powerless in resolving this as my questions and claims have been fully dismissed.

Greyhound Company Information