3.07/5

1693 Greyhound Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I read your story about a Greyhound incident and I have a different kind of thing happen to me on a Greyhound. I breathed in fumes and tried changes seats 3 times only to find out it was coming out of all the vents. I told the bus driver that I couldn't breathe and while watching others cover their ears and mouths I said again, "I can't breathe, so please stop the bus." She looked at me and I said, "Please stop the bus." She pulled over a little outside of Flagstaff AZ and let me out and didn't make a report nor call me an ambulance.

I struggled to breathe for the next three hours with my heart beating out of my chest. I later went by ambulance to Flagstaff Medical Center then having an abnormal EKG and damn near dying on the table. I now have 3 major heart conditions to include calcification of the bottom part of my heart (in other words the bottom of my heart is dead) and now I'm being told I have Cancer of the Uterus and severely bleeding every day. I'm so weak and I'm scared!! Please help me or please refer me to someone who can help me!! Yours Truly ** 08-21-78. I am fearful of how long I'll make it to keep alive. The stories on here gave me inspiration to want to contact you.** or **. Any suggestions please email ** or call.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I couriered my 3 Luggage bags From Halifax to Toronto in August month, they lost my bags that time or maybe it is stolen. For more than two months they are telling me, "We are searching for a bag." I personally visited Toronto office two times, as they are not responding on phone and on emails. Customer service is worst... I have no words for it. In October they start claim procedure. Now February almost ending. Still did not receive any claim amount. They did not reply email also. When you send 10 emails they reply you once. I don't know what to do now. I am helpless and frustrated. Request to people. Don't use Greyhound service... They are the worst service provider. They don't care about their customers. So please be aware.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was attempting to purchase a Greyhound ticket online. During the process the webpage froze up. I was unable to complete the request. But Greyhound proceeded to withdraw my $250 anyway. I called Greyhound 5 times but they refused to repay. I sent copies of all information I had by mail but never heard anything from them even after full year. Greyhound stole my $250. These people are crooked.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I was suppose to travel under extremely poor weather conditions in poor health and not only did they not accommodate my disability but they were disrespectful. Nothing new for a company that since 1914 has abused the poorest of poor in America and they charge me fifty percent of the original ticket. This is the only company in America that is proud of the dismal record they have.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Customers: Beware of the “Flexible Fare”. My advice: DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY on it because it’s not actually that flexible. Not unless you can predict the future. If you need to make any changes, you should assume that you will lose the money you paid, because Greyhound has managed to create “security policies” that make it nearly impossible to fit within the criteria to make the changes and get a refund. I booked a Greyhound ticket for my husband who is flying in from Orlando to Denver. As can be expected, flights are oftentimes delayed, so I purchased a “Flexible Fare” ticket for double the price of a regular ticket. The ticket is advertised as being refundable, which was the only appeal, knowing we may need to take advantage of changing his ticket. If only I would have realized that changes wouldn’t be allowed unless you contact them at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled pickup time.

Of course, his flight was delayed, which would have him arriving to Denver beyond the pickup time. I contacted Greyhound within the hour of receiving notice of his delayed flight to request a refund. They claimed that for “security purposes”, they would need to speak with the passenger (my husband) before making changes. I explained that I booked the ticket, had ALL of the confirmation info (name, confirmation number, credit card used to book, billing address), and that he wasn’t able to make the call since he was on a plane. It didn’t matter to them. I asked if he could call once he landed. They said “No, he needs to cancel before his scheduled pickup time”. I let them know that wouldn’t be possible, which is why I was calling on his behalf.

The claim they make that no changes can be made “due to security reasons” doesn’t make sense. For any other means of transportation, I am authorized to make changes on my husband’s behalf. Heck, I am authorized to make decisions regarding his life if he was hospitalized, yet Greyhound is claiming that for security reasons, no changes can be made. All this policy does is make it too difficult to get a refund. You take people’s money, but don’t follow through with providing the customer service that would be expected when paying extra for the convenience to make changes, knowing that life happens.

I’m disappointed in my experience with Greyhound and can guarantee that I will NEVER book with you, and I will strongly recommend against anyone that I know from doing so. All I asked for was a refund of $37.50. Now, you’ve got an angry customer that will never book through you and will ensure through word-of-mouth and social media channels that people are aware of how unaccommodating you were.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I called customer service many times to address my concern about getting a refund. First of all I purchased the non-refundable ticket since I knew that me and my boyfriend were be able to ride the bus at Blue Mountain ski resort Ontario. Because of that we did not purchase the refundable ticket because we knew that Greyhound bus is a reliable one. But we were wrong. We showed up early before our departure time and no bus was present. We asked the travelers and drivers where the bus stop of Greyhound was and we were able to get there earlier.

We waited and waited and no bus showed up. Take note Greyhound bus only travels once a day in that location going to Toronto. I talked to a customer rep and told us that the bus showed up there and they can't give a refund. Like imagine being the only bus that travels in that area once a day? How did we manage to get home? We spent twice the amount of fare just to get to Barrie to ride a GO bus. They can't even give a reconsideration. They can't even check the tickets the bus driver collected that day to make sure our ticket was not present. So pissed and will never ever ride Greyhound bus!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have been waiting for my refund since September 2018, I have called several times and I never have a positive news. They always say that they are going to escalate my problem and I wonder why they do not return my money. The cancellation was not my fault. It was their fault. My case is number **. The worst company in the world.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My friend and I are on the bus from Bloemfontein to Cape Town. During the night there was some heavy breaking and the driver drove over a dead animal. I always take Greyhound bus and I am a loyalty member. I am not too sure if I am going to feel safe on Greyhound busses going forward. When we stopped in Laingsburg a few other passengers also complained. One lady explained that she thought we were going to die at one stage.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Purchased ticket for 5 o'clock bus. Was to leave Phoenix at 6... Was told at last minute bus was going to be 2 hours late... Then the driver had the nerve to be a ** rude driver... I called and they told me I could get reimbursed in 24 hr. What a lie. They only gave me 45.00. I have been riding Greyhound for 20 yrs and it gets worse and worse each time. I am so sick of their rude customer service and rude bus drivers. They need to revise the whole company. Someone needs to buy it and reintroduce it with better quality of service.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

On 1/24/19, I chose to have nine very large and heavy packages shipped via Greyhound rather than use FedEx because I thought it would save money. First, the desk clerk was incompetent and needs to learn her state abbreviations and learn to listen to the customer. I wrote down my address per her request and used "MI" for Michigan and my zip code. I told her that the closest station to my city was in Southfield. She looked extremely puzzled and said there was no Southfield location.

I told her it was very close to Detroit and asked if she saw the Detroit station. She told me the only station she could pull up was in St Louis. I told her St Louis was NOT in Michigan! She continued to look puzzled and I had to slowly tell her that my packages were going to Michigan, NOT Missouri! She requested assistance and discovered she was entering the wrong state abbreviation even though she had my printed address and I was telling her verbally that I was shipping to Michigan.

She proceeded to prepare my Michigan shipment. It was very expensive so I told her the prices I found online were lower. Plus, I told her I spoke to someone on the phone regarding shipping. Her supervisor said they were forced to use an outdated DOS computer system. Also, he said the phone representatives were in the Philippines and did not know anything about working in a Greyhound station in America.

The clerk kept saying that she would have to re-weigh every package and re-enter all of the information. I told her I had written down the weight for each package but she said it wouldn't help. She did the entire process over and I told her I needed to add a box. She became even more upset as she said she would have to repeat the entire weighing and re-entering process again. When I asked her to confirm it was being delivered, she said I requested station delivery. I told her I requested a price comparison and wanted to pay the extra money for home delivery. At this time, she was visibly frustrated and unfriendly because she had to repeat the entire process a fourth time to change it to home delivery.

After she re-weighed and re-entered all of my information a fourth time and accepted payment, she looked at me and said that was it in an attempt to dismiss me. I told her I would be staying to watch her print all of the labels and place them on each package. She was angry and attitudinal at this stage and refused to say another word to me. Another employee stepped in an began placing stickers on each package. Then, her supervisor stepped in to place all of the shipping labels on each package. My daughter took photos of our packages with the labels on them for verification. I asked the supervisor if he could tell me when our packages would be delivered. He said once the packages arrived at the Southfield (Michigan) location, I would receive a phone call from the delivery driver advising me of the time my packages would be delivered to my home address on the labels.

When I called the Southfield location on 1/30/19, I was told seven out of nine packages arrived on 1/29/19. The Greyhound employee on the phone described two packages in detail that were in containers stating they had yellow tops, padlocks and duct tape. I confirmed those were my packages and asked when they would be delivered. He said I would have to wait for the remaining two packages because only one home delivery would be made. I asked if I could have the seven packages delivered and pick up the remaining two packages when they arrived. He said that was above his authority and advised me to call 800-231-2222.

When I called the above number at 9:50am on 1/30/19, I was told I needed to call 800-739-5020 regarding shipment deliveries. I called this number at 9:59am on 1/30/19 and spoke to Clark who checked my shipment order and scheduled a delivery time between 9a-1p on 1/31/19. Shortly afterward, Clark called me back at 12:05pm from 214-849-8966 and said I had not paid for home delivery and needed to pay. I assured him that I paid and the clerks at the Sacramento Greyhound location had confirmed my packages would be delivered to my home. He called me again at 12:13pm and stated he did not see the payment and would contact the Sacramento station and call me back.

On 1/31/19 at 8:41am, I received a voice message from Clark stating I needed to pay more money to have my packages delivered. I called 214-849-8966 at 8:47am and was told there was no Clark working there in tickets. At 8:55am, I called 800-739-5020 and reached Clark who told me that he spoke to management and they said I needed to pay more money to have my packages delivered.

I told Clark I wished to file an official complaint because Greyhound representatives took my payment of $575.90 on 1/24/19 at 8:03am confirming that my packages would be delivered to my home. I told him these are large and heavy items that I cannot lift and would not fit into my car. I told him it would have been more sensible for me to use FedEx if I had been told my packages would not be delivered to my home. He stated he would pass my complaint message along to his supervisor and directed me to the website to request a callback.

On 1/31/19 at 10:13am, Patricia responded to my request for a callback. She apologized and acknowledged that my transactions with Greyhound were very unfortunate and mishandled. However, she refused to waive the delivery fee! She could not guarantee shipment of my seven packages and she had no clue as to which state two of my nine packages were in. She kept telling me to go to their website to track my packages even though she admitted she could not track them herself. She kept saying they would be delivered on February 4th.

I asked Patricia for her last name at least 10 times and she adamantly refused to provide it! I asked for a manager’s name and an address to send a complaint at least three times before Patricia reluctantly provided it. I continued to ask Patricia questions about customer service. She continued to ignore my questions and just repeatedly said the same thing over and over as if she was a recording. Throughout the entire conversation, Patricia was whispering things to someone else who seemed to have been instructing her to repeat herself and ignore my inquiries about filing an official complaint. ShipGREYHOUND has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever encountered! Do yourself a favor and stick to FedEx, UPS or USPS for deliveries! DO NOT USE GREYHOUND to ship your packages!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Booked ticket for my wife online to see her mother who is very sick. Ticket came out in my name not hers. I called Greyhound to fix the problem. Was told, "Too bad. You just bought a ticket she can't use"... They are the only bus running I-5 that I know of. So that gives them the right to steal money. This last winter I bought a ticket, went to the bus depot and was told the bus was 4 hrs late, o.k. I will wait. Guess what? They closed the bus depot and kicked me out into 28 degree weather. Lucky I had a friend that picked me up. I ended up driving to my destination. No refund of course. Greyhound has a really bad reputation, if you have any other means of transportation I would use it... Don't let Greyhound make a sucker out of you...

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Bus from Boston to CT was 3 hours late. Ok, fine. Then the bus back came and left 35 minutes early, stranding me and a few other passengers, despite the fact we arrived 3 mins early to wait. Company refused to reimburse or pay for the Uber and Amtrak train I had to take to get home, in order to not be stranded on the street in the cold. Incredibly pathetic company, considering they are so prevalent and seem professional on the surface. These kind of experiences make me ashamed to be American, and embarrassed that people visiting the US have to deal with this level of quality with transportation.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

On January 20, 2019 my company Knight Transportation has paid for me to catch Greyhound to their terminal. I rode Greyhound bus 86738 on January 20, 2019 from Lake Charles, Louisiana to Katy, Texas. Once I gotten my ticket and tags I went to give my bags to the driver and he quickly responded, "Oh you can put it in there yourself." Years ago drivers would assist with putting bags on bus so I found that strange when he told me I can do it myself. I will never used Greyhound again and even the staff that gave me my ticket was on her cell phone while I'm waiting for her to assist me into getting my ticket.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Greyhound has the worst employees on the planet. They are very rude and uncaring and some won't even respond to your question. I tried to take a trip from St. Louis to Fort Lauderdale on January 19, 2019. The bus was the one scheduled to leave St. Louis at 9 am Saturday morning the 19th of Jan 2019. Actually, our driver from St. Louis to Nashville, TN was great - but everyone else from start to finish was terrible. We got into Nashville pretty much on time, but then the bus from there to Atlanta was delayed, then further delayed, then further, and they wouldn't give us any details. Finally I had to get someone to pull my bags off the bus because I was going to miss my connection in Atlanta anyway.

Trying to get someone to help me get my bags off the bus was a nightmare. Several employees just ignored me, one walked off while I was trying to talk to them. Finally, I got the attention of a dude that worked there that was about 75 years old and he was the only one doing actual work there - and he helped me. All the younger generations were standing around trying ignore customers while the 75 year old was working like crazy. I finally got my bags and rented a car to drive to Fort Lauderdale. What a terrible company. I will never go there again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

It seems like every time I need to take a ride with Greyhound bus lines, it's always a very Bad/poor experience!!! The Buses are never clean, some drivers don't know their routes, they are always late arriving and departing terminals, there is very little help or customer service or support!! The Greyhound staff and its security service are sometimes very rude and uncaring!! And most of the terminals are very dirty and the bathrooms are unusable!! This is unacceptable for a company that has been in the transportation industry for so long, to treat its customers like this!!! In some cases I don't think that they even care anymore!! If there was another bus company (like Megabus) out there, I would and I have use them before I would ever take Greyhound again!!! Greyhound should be ashamed of its performance, personnel and its Buses!!! Thay can do much better than this!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I’ve been traveling quite a bit since I started college. Greyhound is by far the worst company I’ve travelled with. They have janky and uncomfortable buses, the bus drivers are rude, and they advertise free WiFi but the free WiFi doesn’t work at all. On my last trip I was running a little late getting to the station. Greyhound says you should arrive about 30 minutes before departure but I arrived 10 minutes before departure. Because I was “20 minutes late,” the bus driver scolded me, I was not late, I am not a child, and I don’t appreciate being scolded when I’ve paid for a service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I got a ticket from Tacoma, Wa to Los Angeles, Ca. Work decided that I could not make the trip 'cause I'd have to take to many days off for the trip. It's now the 11th and my trip is for the 14th, they absolutely refused to do a refund. I called them and explained my trip isn't going to happen and I didn't need the ticket, they didn't care. I will never use Greyhound again and encourage others never to use Greyhound. Crap policies from broken transportation. And God forbid something come up in real life and you have to cancel, 'cause Greyhound dgaf, they want all the money and care nothing for customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My ticket reference number is **. I travelled on 7th Jan from Detroit to Chicago. I was in possession of e-ticket but at the tickets counter I was forced to pay $20 for tickets prints. This is not proper. The e-ticket was a valid proof for travel. I request to refund $20 on my card through which I booked ticket.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Jan 2, 2019: On a bus from Minneapolis-Chicago, the bus was delayed over 12 hours. The bus broke down just outside Eau Claire, Wisconsin, and was stuck on the side of I-94 for two hours. We were not completely pulled over, and were without heat for around an hour in the middle of Wisconsin winter. As semi-trucks passed dangerously close, the bus driver determined that the engines had overheated.

A state trooper comes to tell the driver it is too dangerous, and the bus cannot stay there longer than two hours. The driver decides to risk driving slowly to the next exit in order to get us off the highway at least. This is bad enough, since it is likely this was due to improper maintenance procedures, since the bus driver did not even seem surprised. However, Greyhound then decided the best option was to send a different driver to come get us - from Gurnee, Illinois, OVER FOUR HOURS AWAY, instead of Minneapolis, which was just over an hour away.

4 hours later: It is now around 8pm. We have spent two hours on the side of a dangerous freeway, and around four hours outside a McDonald's in the middle of nowhere. The bus driver gets a call: not only did we break down, THE BACK-UP BUS HAS NOW BROKEN DOWN. It was still four hours away in Gurnee. Greyhound decides to send a mechanic, not to us, but the bus in Gurnee (leaking anti-freeze). Eventually, it's established the Gurnee bus cannot get moving again.

A different bus from Gurnee is then driven by that SAME DRIVER, still four hours away, to come get us. The bus driver is appalled, because even after the other driver gets to us, legally, they will not have enough hours on the clock to get us to Chicago (they need to be well-rested). The SECOND back-up bus does not arrive until around 2am in the morning. We'd gotten stuck around 2pm.

The bus did not arrive in Chicago until around 9am the FOLLOWING MORNING. With 34 passengers stuck on it. The entire time. There were three minors, one traveling without his parents and under the company's responsibility. There was an injured old lady, and a man who missed his surgery for a kidney transplant. There were many bus connections and even flights. Several students, one of whom was pre-med had a scholarship to a conference he was at risk of missing.

They would not even take calls for TWENTY-FOUR HOURS until after this situation. When they finally did take my call the following day, THEY SAID THEY WOULD ONLY REFUND HALF THE TICKET, $24. Not only this, until firmly argued with, they wanted to give me a VOUCHER, as if I would ride with them again. They absolutely REFUSED to give me anyone to talk to who could even refund me the rest of the ticket. Never mind the food I had no choice but to buy, never mind the 12 hours of worry and frustration, they wouldn't even refund me the whole ticket. I hope they get sued.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

On December 30, 2018 I was scheduled for a 2:50 PM bus leaving new Carrollton Maryland going to New York City. I’m not new to traveling, and considering it was a holiday weekend I anticipated a possible delay in service. An hour into my wait I contacted customer service who told me they didn’t know where the bus was... I shocked because clearly I was more concerned that they couldn’t “find the bus”. I told the rep. that it’s 2018. Buses have GPS trackers. What do you mean that you can’t find the bus!!! So I entertained the directions given to me to call back in 45 mins. In about hour the other customers at the outside bus terminal started to became restless and we began to talk amongst the ourselves in regards to the extremely delayed bus, come to find out there were people who had been waiting for a 1:30 pm bus that never arrived either.

I called Greyhound again... They said they didn’t have any updated information on the whereabouts of the bus. They suggested I speak to the agent at the station, I was angry because what different information would the station rep have, but because I’m a glutton for punishment I asked the rep “what time is the 2:50 pm bus coming”. With a very non concerning, uninterested response she responded “I don’t know when the bus was coming” (this is now approx 5:15 pm). I asked, "Ok. Well when is the next bus", she responded, "6 pm but it’s SOLD OUT." I then asked, "Well when is the next bus to NY?" She responded... "There is no other bus for today." Well there goes my New Year's plans that I already paid for!

So I went home. As soon as I arrived home I contacted Greyhound to report the events. They told me the bus info wasn’t in their system yet so I would have to wait to after my return trip... That already sounded like BS to me. So I called another rep. who said the same thing so I waited... Jan. 2nd rep asked all the standard questions and was quick to tell me it was a non refundable ticket before hearing that Greyhound FAILED to provide a service, the rep then went on to ask did I make it to NY by any other means, excuse me. WHAT? I told the rep I don’t care if I walked or hitchhiked to NY. How does that change the fact that Greyhound NEVER rendered the service. The rep informed me that she would document the conversation but I would need to call back tomorrow because the trip details weren’t in the system yet... REALLY.

So Jan. 3rd. I called just to be met with more BS. I was caught in a matrix of lies and being giving false hope that the reps were truly empathetic with trying to assist in me obtaining my refund of $90 dollars. I was by all the reps I spoke with on Jan. 3rd to call 214 848 8966. The reps called it the “corporate number”... but every time I spoke to a person at this number they would tell me that they are ticket/scheduling or customer service, I was given the number by 5 reps TODAY.

I even told them just be honest and tell me I will not get my money back because this is a waste of my time being ping ponged around. But guess what Greyhound. Your business tactics are good for your end game $$$$. Not a bad business. So let’s say you promise a service to at least 100 people @ 90 dollars x 50 states and FAIL to provide the service. That is $450,000 per day. NOT BAD, the nerve of Greyhound to send me a survey “so you can improve the services”. You can improve by ending ALL business practices!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

As an unsatisfied customer I am yet again emailing you regarding the poor services provided and the poor response from your company regarding my complaints. I am beyond traumatized by this travel experience, and don't think I would ever utilize your services again and or recommend them to anyone. Here is a synopsis of my complaints.

Bus Cleanliness: My initial trip was scheduled begin in New York, NY on December 27th at 07:10am to L.A. California. In an effort to expedite my trip across country I chose to pay an additional $20 fee and leave earlier and therefore arriving earlier. My first bus from NY was beyond disgusting with food, and dried liquid on every window seal, destroyed and unsecured seats bottoms, and non-working seat-belts in the rear. I took pictures of this and emailed Greyhound after several stops where the bus was taken to be serviced (cleaned, and fueled). On each one of these stops the bus came back just as dirty, and smelled just as bad making some customers including myself nauseous.

Rude Driver. On the 3rd driver change we experienced an irritate, rude, and vulgar driver who continually threatened to “Pull passengers off by their beards for talking”, or “if someone talks back, he will call the state police and kick them off the bus”. He continually referred men as “boys” and continued to scream commands. He also used profanity multiple times even with children on board the bus. The icing on the cake is at one point the drivers tells a young ** man that if he didn't sit down that he would hang him by his shoelaces if he didn't find a seat. The young man was looking for an empty seat, not causing any disturbance or holding up the ride.

Weather Problem. Next due to unforeseen weather we had to pull over near Amarillo TX, because RT40 was closed. Instead of waiting until the road cleared so that the passengers had access to water and food, we continued down RT40 where we were stranded several times adding up to over 8 hours on a highway, with NO food, NO water. This made the entire travel process that much more unbearable. This was a dangerous and poor decision.

Phoenix Situation. Upon arriving to Phoenix, we were notified that our bus would not be continuing on to the west ending in LA, California. According to the Manager there was a miscommunication and they were not aware that our bus was coming. This makes no sense as our bus was delayed over 8 hours… No one in management was tracking and or communicating with the driver and her trainer to stay up to date with the most appropriate information. This is ALARMING that a large company like Greyhound loss track of an entire busload of customers. Because of this they did not have enough staff to rebook us, requiring me to specifically stand in line for over 53 minutes before being taken care of.

Loss of Luggage. To top off a horrible over 80 hrs trip my luggage was lost or given to someone at another stop! No, I am here in L.A. with no shoes, pants or toiletries! This is insane. I now have places to go and have to figure out how to buy more clothes to have the appropriate attire for extremely important meetings in the upcoming week.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Unless you want to be packed on top of each other with dirty bus and passengers blasting music and OPENLY DISCUSSING THEIR DRUG DEALING IN NYC!!!

Driver who took us Newark to NYC made me load my own 50lb suitcase under the bus... I weigh 130 soaking wet!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Greyhound canceled my 6:45 pm trip to Chicago and we were ask to moved for 11:45 pm trip bus. But when that time came the bus is full and according to them we have no choice but to wait for the 6:45 am bus and guess what? Our original trip was 1 bus transfer. Now we will move 4x. :(

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My 17 year old son, who is a student, inadvertently purchased an adult ticket online instead of a student ticket. We tried to have it corrected to a student ticket but we’re told numerous times that there were no refunds. I was also told there was no point in talking to a supervisor, they would only tell me the same thing. Since I persisted, I was told to write to a PO Box in Texas where the corporate headquarters was.

I wrote to Ellen Roseman of the Star and cc’d Greyhound, after which Greyhound emailed me to say I could change the date and time but would have to pay an extra $20 to do so. Not sure how this suggestion was going to help him. He is in university and is trying to save money so instead of paying about $103 for a one way trip from Scarborough to Ottawa, it would then cost him $123 for a bus fare. This cost seems extreme for a 5 hour bus ride for a student to pay. As an aside, we have driven to Ottawa and have seen a Greyhound bus broken down by the side of the road. Beware if you want to use this company. Read the fine print and don’t make a mistake. This corporation is not forgiving and has no compassion.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Really unfortunate bus ride right now. I’m having my Dad get me in Hartford early because I can’t breathe on this bus. All I can smell are fumes of gas or diesel and it’s suffocating! This has to be a serious health hazard. Peter Pan and Greyhound buses are trash, I wish I had the privilege to take another form of transportation right now.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

First thing is they operate with other companies and they ask us to board other buses and if something goes wrong they will ask “was that a Greyhound bus???” How the hell we would know which bus to board unless they tell us? They are not bothered if you have next bus to catch and your first bus delays and how many hours you have to sit because of delays... My 12 hours journey was made 22 hours because of their mistake and they are so casual about it. The buses are so damn broken that you cannot sit for more than 2 hours without a break (break is needed to free your legs and Body). Overall this has been the worst service I have ever had.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I wish there was a rating lower than one star. If you are not a perfect person and could possibly commit a human error - PLEASE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT RIDING GREYHOUND. Also, if you are a kindhearted person and are purchasing a ticket for someone else to get home on Christmas Eve - be prepared to spend an extra $18 for your generosity. What a selfish and backwards company.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My travel with Greyhound would have began on 10/14/18. I broke my foot on 10/04/18. I forwarded a letter to Greyhound with a doctor's explanation of the break and the impossibility of me traveling. I called Greyhound the first week in December to get any status of the letter and I was told to give it some additional time to be reviewed. I called again on 12/21/18 to be notified that my request was denied because of a satisfactory reason. A broken foot that was verified by a physician's note should be satisfactory. Rules and guidelines are in place for a reason, but there has to be room for exceptions. Before you make a reservation with Greyhound exhaust every other travel option. The worst.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My sister purchased my ticket online on December 14th, which of course sent smoothly, as Greyhound made an extra buck. It also sent well when I picked up the ticket a day early, December 17, 2018, but on departure time, 2:30 pm, but of course no bus. As I went to the attendant on duty and questioned him on it, he merely snatched my ticket out of my hand, looked at it, said it would be here, gave the ticket back and walked away. Well, that bus from Austin Texas to Dallas Texas turned out to be about an hour and a half late.

Ok, so from there, things went ok as far as trashy service and trashier attendants go, up until Oklahoma city, where we were supposed to have a 30 minute layover, which turned out to be close to another hour and a half due to our driver apparently not realizing that he was supposed to be on shift. When he finally shows up, he decides to flirt for about 20 minutes with the attendant, who is clearly a transvestite. Wow... Just so happens that I have a friend who's uncle knows the CEO of the company personally, and I'm going to get a one on one sit down with him and let him know on a personal standpoint how unstable his employees are making his company, as I recorded everything from start to finish on my trip.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Ticket I bought for 10:00 am 12:30 pm. This service should be called slow turtle. Not Greyhound. A professional company does not do that with its clients but sad to say it does not reflect anything of professionalism.

Greyhound Company Information