Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.05/5
Based on 1,526 ratings submitted in the last year

Greyhound Reviews

Original review: March 13, 2020

My son's University cancelled classes and sent all students home before my son's scheduled spring break bus trip. It was out of our hands yet Greyhound refuses to give back our money or allow me to reschedule a different route without charging crazy fees. I spoke with several “supervisors“ and wasted hours on the phone that I’ll never get back, only to have nothing, and I mean NOTHING done. Customer service sucks and they don't care about people at all. Just money. I’ll NEVER use them again. I’d rather walk.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Greyhound bus leaving South Bend Indiana at 8:40pm for Minneapolis. Worried something was the matter with the driver. Extremely rude, yelling at passengers, extremely rude to customer who appeared blind. Yelled to everyone that he had worked there too long and was irritated, said if we had complaints we could contact Greyhound and tell them the time we left and the night and they would know. Tapped on the intercom each time before he spoke. He said if people had a problem he would just put them off the bus and them alone. Driving was erratic, swaying from side to side and speeding up and letting up on the gas. So much your body swayed and were unable to sleep. We thought he was maybe falling asleep. One time had to put on breaks quick and pull over to the side behind a semi. Hope he and the passengers made it to Minneapolis ok.

Original review: March 9, 2020

This has to be the worst company in America. The ticket agents act like 10 year olds with attitude issues. The buses are almost always late. Not to mention the prices. It's actually cheaper to fly nowadays. I will never in my life ride Greyhound again. This company should be banned in America. Whomever runs this company should really be ashamed.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I am stuck in Monroe, Louisiana over an hour because the driver ran out of drive time. The bus is full and we have no air. Tried to call customer service and they keep hanging up on me. My mother is 84 years old and just got out of the hospital. She was driving herself across country to me in Georgia. I am trying to get to her to continue her drive. I am going to miss my connecting bus. The driver has been told not to drive... he is now driving without pay and might lose his job. This is how Greyhound does business.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Trashy buses, trashy agents, trashy drivers, filthy stations, disgusting unprofessional customer "service" consistently. Each and every time. I'm convinced that the only people who take this archaic and trashy bus line are those running drugs or evading capture by immigration or other law enforcement authorities. There are infinitely better bus services out there. Unfortunately this government subsidized ** carriage is the only one with extended route service. It needs to be shut down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Please pay attention to reviews and do not purchase tickets with this company. I got my ticket traveling from DC to Wilmington. At the bus station I was told that the bus is not in service and I have to wait for the next bus which is a day after since it was a last bus of the night. No I mean absolutely no help at the station. Just provide me a phone number to mail office customer service. I called the customer service and after transferring multiple time and be on the phone for 40 minutes, I got no help there.

I already got Uber to get to the station and I have to get another Uber to go back home and fight for my money that they charge me for the ticket. What about my time and changing for all these plans, nobody even bothers to answer you. I have been pinpoint back and forth and no recommendations or solution other than, go home and take the next bus!!! Horrible company, horrible customer service. Please be wise and take your ticket with other companies. I don’t want anyone feel the way I felt tonight.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Greyhound is possibly the WORST organization in Canada. My first bus was an hour late with no explanation and my second bus broke down and a relief bus took over 2 hours while all the passengers froze.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

January 22, 2020 I traveled from Chicago to New York. Chose a direct flight, non-stop!! As always, the bus broke in the middle of the way! A few hours later we were offered another bus!!!! But my luggage was forgotten in a broken bus!!! A week later I wrote a lawsuit!!! Two weeks later, on February 14, I called the baggage search service and they told me that my claim was not even in the system!!!! MY LUGGAGE NO ONE SEARCHES!!! Why!!?? I advise you to buy the most expensive luggage insurance!!!! I was told to wait!!! Wait what???? So that I call and wait for the operator for 30 minutes????

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Every bus station from Mississippi to Michigan is a close look at the armpit of America. The bus stations are in the worst parts of town. Littered with garbage and homeless people begging. 7 hour lay over in Atlanta was horrifying. No decent foods to eat in any of these bus stations. No nearby restaurants to get normal food. Water is 2.50 a bottle at all stations. My trip from Mississippi to Michigan took 3 days. I survived on a bag of nuts that I had with me and was forced to buy several bottles of water over the 3 day ride. I had a 7 hour lay over in Atlanta, 5 hours lay over in Detroit in the most dangerous parts of America's highest crime cities. You can't leave the station. There's no where to go but if you step outside you're immediately bombarded by homeless begging.

In Atlanta a homeless man took my bag and started walking off with it. I caught up to him and grabbed it and rushed back to the station. My son was robbed outside the Cincinnati station. Stepped out to smoke and was robbed by several homeless. They took his wallet and everything in his pockets. He was lucky he wasn't hurt.

Bathrooms were dirty. No place to wash up and get clean from a 3 day ride. Detroit didn't even have a bathroom. The lady at the desk in Detroit was a rude crazy power hungry psycho. Demanded people walk through the line of ropes even though there was absolutely nobody else in line. The local police patrol the area but they do not make the deviants leave the area. They're allowed to stand around waiting for unsuspecting travelers. The bus rides themselves were nice. But I will never use Greyhound again. A Horrifying experience.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Let me start with this: Last time my mother rode with Greyhound the bus took an unscheduled stop to allowed a passenger to get off on the side of the highway. He was suicidal and stepped out in front of a semi and killed himself in front of all the other passengers. Fast forward to last night: I drove my mother an hour and a half in the middle of the night to get her to her bus which was scheduled to leave at 12:35am in Van Horn. Her ticket stated that boarding started 20 minutes before, and we arrived at 12:14. We didn’t pass the bus on Main Street, nor was it there when we arrived. We waited for a few minutes thinking it was late, then called Greyhound to track the bus.

The lady (who barely spoke English) informed us that it had left at 12:19, though it clearly had left earlier. She just kept saying, “Basically, you missed your bus.” Then she proceeded to tell us we could reschedule for a $20 fee, but we couldn’t do so until customer service department opened at 7am. So they left upwards of 25 minutes early, hugely inconvenienced us, the family waiting on my mother, caused us to incur hotel costs, and refused to return our money. Total ** company that should have their license revoked. Save your money and take ANY other form of transportation.

Greyhound Company Information