Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5
Based on 2,074 ratings submitted in the last year

Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Greyhound Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The ride was cheap and fast. VERY uncomfortable and the rest stop was scary. It was in a tiny town and it was a building that wasn't even a store just opened for the bus. Not sure what was going on there. Would have enjoyed a real rest stop.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Greyhound is great if you don't feel like driving and you would rather sit back and relax. It does take longer to get to your destination because of the many stops and can also be a bit more expensive than driving. However with their free WiFi and many destinations I would rather leave the driving to them.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Greyhound does a good job of transporting people, but they don't tell you about delays, so if you're making a transfer and the bus is late, you don't find out till the other bus gets there. They should have someone at the terminal or a message to the driver about what's going on.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This 5 star review is for the bus driver Ernest. He was amazing and very helpful at trying to get us to my father's funeral in a timely manner. He was also very professional and kind. I would ride Greyhound again as long as it was with Ernest.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I have many bad experiences with Greyhound Services but this time August 31, 2019 7:30am Port Authority to AC was exceptional and different. The bus was 20 minutes early. This is what I am expecting from a established bus company. Give Caesars to Caesars what is due. Keep it up and customers will be????

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Trashy buses, trashy agents, trashy drivers, filthy stations, disgusting unprofessional customer "service" consistently. Each and every time. I'm convinced that the only people who take this archaic and trashy bus line are those running drugs or evading capture by immigration or other law enforcement authorities. There are infinitely better bus services out there. Unfortunately this government subsidized ** carriage is the only one with extended route service. It needs to be shut down.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Please pay attention to reviews and do not purchase tickets with this company. I got my ticket traveling from DC to Wilmington. At the bus station I was told that the bus is not in service and I have to wait for the next bus which is a day after since it was a last bus of the night. No I mean absolutely no help at the station. Just provide me a phone number to mail office customer service. I called the customer service and after transferring multiple time and be on the phone for 40 minutes, I got no help there.

I already got Uber to get to the station and I have to get another Uber to go back home and fight for my money that they charge me for the ticket. What about my time and changing for all these plans, nobody even bothers to answer you. I have been pinpoint back and forth and no recommendations or solution other than, go home and take the next bus!!! Horrible company, horrible customer service. Please be wise and take your ticket with other companies. I don’t want anyone feel the way I felt tonight.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Greyhound is possibly the WORST organization in Canada. My first bus was an hour late with no explanation and my second bus broke down and a relief bus took over 2 hours while all the passengers froze.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

January 22, 2020 I traveled from Chicago to New York. Chose a direct flight, non-stop!! As always, the bus broke in the middle of the way! A few hours later we were offered another bus!!!! But my luggage was forgotten in a broken bus!!! A week later I wrote a lawsuit!!! Two weeks later, on February 14, I called the baggage search service and they told me that my claim was not even in the system!!!! MY LUGGAGE NO ONE SEARCHES!!! Why!!?? I advise you to buy the most expensive luggage insurance!!!! I was told to wait!!! Wait what???? So that I call and wait for the operator for 30 minutes????

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Every bus station from Mississippi to Michigan is a close look at the armpit of America. The bus stations are in the worst parts of town. Littered with garbage and homeless people begging. 7 hour lay over in Atlanta was horrifying. No decent foods to eat in any of these bus stations. No nearby restaurants to get normal food. Water is 2.50 a bottle at all stations. My trip from Mississippi to Michigan took 3 days. I survived on a bag of nuts that I had with me and was forced to buy several bottles of water over the 3 day ride. I had a 7 hour lay over in Atlanta, 5 hours lay over in Detroit in the most dangerous parts of America's highest crime cities. You can't leave the station. There's no where to go but if you step outside you're immediately bombarded by homeless begging.

In Atlanta a homeless man took my bag and started walking off with it. I caught up to him and grabbed it and rushed back to the station. My son was robbed outside the Cincinnati station. Stepped out to smoke and was robbed by several homeless. They took his wallet and everything in his pockets. He was lucky he wasn't hurt.

Bathrooms were dirty. No place to wash up and get clean from a 3 day ride. Detroit didn't even have a bathroom. The lady at the desk in Detroit was a rude crazy power hungry psycho. Demanded people walk through the line of ropes even though there was absolutely nobody else in line. The local police patrol the area but they do not make the deviants leave the area. They're allowed to stand around waiting for unsuspecting travelers. The bus rides themselves were nice. But I will never use Greyhound again. A Horrifying experience.

Not sure about Greyhound?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Greyhound Company Information