Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5

Greyhound Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I have only traveled with Greyhound once before and has not return as I had a terrible experience. Greyhound was the only option for my destination, so I selected to travel with them from New York, NY to Mt Laurel, NJ. I rarely travel under the pandemic, but had to this time due to personal matters. Everything was fine upon boarding in New York; however, things got out of control during the pit-stop at Newark, NJ. It took over 30 minutes to board all passengers, there were ZERO social distancing when boarding, the bus became crowded, and Greyhound was FORCING passengers (who do not know each other) to sit next to one another. This is extremely unsafe during a pandemic and it shows the bus does not care about the safety of their passengers at all. I once again had a terrible experience and will NOT be traveling with Greyhound again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I purchased a Greyhound ticket for my son through a third party website called Wanderu. I was never asked for my son's birthdate. The ticket was non-refundable. After purchasing the ticket, I learned that children under 17 cannot purchase tickets online. Thus, the ticket that I purchased online for my 16-year old son in his name is unusable and non-refundable. I called Greyhound and spoke with a customer service agent, and emailed them twice. All three agents told me that I need to go in person to purchase the ticket and the ticket that I purchased online is non-refundable and my son cannot use it. This is unacceptable business practice. I feel powerless in resolving this as my questions and claims have been fully dismissed.

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

The trip and people I interacted with was fine. However I don’t understand how they figure you have so much legroom. I had to switch busses in Nashville, Tenn. The driver told us to go in the terminal and our bags would be transferred. I arrived at my destination and my bags were not on the bus. This has been since 9-21-20. My bags are still gone. Every time I email them I get a standard answer letter, also with my name misspelled. I have asked a particular question and after at least 4 or 5 times have not gotten an answer. Their customer service is TERRIBLE. The driver tells you they will transfer your baggage but when it’s lost it’s not their responsibility. Even the man I spoke to on the phone when I first found out my bags were gone was so rude. The only reason I gave 2 stars instead of one is that the people I interacted with in person during the trip were so nice. This was my FIRST AND LAST TIME riding with Greyhound.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

My experience with Greyhound was absolutely horrible. I was travelling from Shreveport to Memphis. The employee at the terminal in Shreveport was incredibly unhelpful when I asked her questions, and because of that my baggage was left in Shreveport because I did not know to get the tag changed from Shreveport to Memphis. I literally HANDED the bus driver my luggage, had a short conversation with him, so he knew my face. I sat on the bus for 15 minutes before we left. When I arrived in Vicksburg MS for my transfer he informed me that they took my luggage off of the bus and left it in Shreveport because it didn't have the right tag. I am infuriated that they did not tell me when there was plenty of time for me to get the tag changed.

Next, I talked to the lady working the tiny station in Vicksburg. She (was not only not wearing a face mask but was also very rude to everyone who came in and spoke to her) called Shreveport terminal and they said they would send the bag on the next bus and she would change the tag to say Memphis when it arrived there, and she would put it on the bus to Memphis and I would get it this evening (9/10). I just got a phone call that my luggage is STILL in Shreveport, it never left.

On top of that, I watched a driver in Vicksburg literally throw peoples luggage off of the bus onto the ground, scuffing their bags. I watched as one of the drivers was borderline yelling at a man for using the app instead of a paper ticket stub. While I was in Vicksburg, due to covid 19 they aren't allowing people to stay inside the building for layovers. So, I had to sit outside while it was over 90 degrees outside (real feel said it was 100) for five hours. This was an awful, stressful, uncomfortable experience and I am NEVER riding with greyhound ever again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

No social distancing at all and no masks. I had no idea the seating would Be this close. Someone please do something asap. This is unacceptable and very dangerous. Something needs to be done. This trip is packed.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I haven't travel with this company in over 20 years, I figure that the bus trip back from Atlantic City on a Greyhound bus would be awesome. When the bus pulled up to Gate 9, I was happy because we boarded the bus 30 minutes before the departure time. I expected a little assistance with my luggage but none was offered. I figure that it might had something to do with COVID-19.

When I boarded the bus, I was disappointed because the stench on the bus was awful. It smelled like the stench was coming from the bathroom. It was sometime unbearably but I no choice but to ride it through. If the stench on the bus was coming from the bathroom, I figure that the bathroom would be worse. I didn't use the bathroom (thank goodness that it was only a 2 hour ride) until I reached the bus station in New York City. Furthermore, since this was an older bus, there was no WiFi, movies or even a brief presentation on safety exits location. There were no sanitizing wipes available and no sanitizing gel offered. I don't think that the bus was sanitized because if it was, someone would had notice the awful stench coming from the bathroom. Never again!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I wish I could give them 0 stars. Greyhound is the worst. The workers were extremely rude and they lost all of my luggage. Over 1000 worth of sneakers and all the clothes I owned and they did absolutely nothing about it. I highly recommend to ride with any company but them.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Most of the drivers and employees at the stations are extremely rude. I have never in my life seen a paying customer anywhere be treated with as much disrespect as I have with Greyhound. Our bus driver was late then just quit. Leaving a bus load of people stuck in the Kansas City station all night. The station in Atlanta is just dangerous. I wouldn't recommend walking outside there without a weapon. Then they have signs all over every station saying to maintain a 6 foot social distance and they pack the bus like a can of sardines. Totally unsafe. The next time I ride Greyhound will be when there is a snow storm in Hell.

Original review: June 8, 2020

My personal experience in which I would like to share with anybody even considering using Greyhound services. I was traveling from Newark, NJ to Pullman Washington from June 1st to June 4th until what was supposed to be a 2 night and 3 day trip ended up being a 4 night and 5 day trip because the bus broke in the middle of nowhere on my way from Salina, Kansas to Denver, Colorado and I was delayed 3 hours. When I finally got to Denver where I was supposed to transfer buses going to Salt Lake City I was told we missed the one bus going that way so I was forced to wait 16 hours, I ended up coming out of pocket $113.97 to stay at the Mainstay Suites about a mile away from the terminal (since I refused to sleep there anyways). The next day, traveling from Denver to Salt lake was smooth.

I was thinking I’m finally gonna get to my destination with no issues moving forward.. Boy was I wrong. When I finally got to Salt Lake City at around 9:50pm where I was supposed to transfer at 12:05am to Boise I was told that the bus driver called out because he was “tired” and so I’m assuming we had to wait for a different driver because it wasn’t until 4:30 in the morning that we finally boarded and got on the roll to Boise. Now I’m delayed 4 hours and have been waiting 7 hours overall just for that one bus. I finally get to Boise at around 10:30am (it was a gas station) where they told me that I missed the one bus going to Pullman, Washington (which departs at 7:30am) and that I have to wait till the following day at 7am. Then a greyhound employee told me that they would put me in a hotel and that a shuttle would be coming to pick me up at the gas station.

2 hours had passed by when I realized that it shouldn’t take that long for a hotel that was only 15 minutes away. I called the hotel to find out that nobody ever confirmed anything with them so I was basically waiting around like a ** meathead. Long story short - they never got me to my destination. I ended up getting to the hotel where I called a family member who had to get a rental to drive 6 hours from Pullman to the hotel that they booked for me - at least they did that much right? I called and filed a complaint but it resulted in them telling me they would only reimburse me $166 dollars.. Ain’t that something. I’ll tell you one thing. I’ll never travel through greyhound again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I went to Greyhound in San Antonio Texas last week May 13 2020 to inquire about the price of a ticket from San Antonio Texas to San Diego California and a punk at the desk told me he cannot give me a price until I purchase. What kind of nonsense is that? You can't even tell a customer roughly how much a ticket will cost even when the person has the day and time of travel? That dude must be a fool if he thought I believed that. Don't use Greyhound if possible.

Greyhound Company Information