1.10/5

1549 Greyhound Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Good afternoon! Last week I bought a ticket to go from Miami to Atlanta and come back from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale. A big delay happened on the way back, we spent over 12 hours across the down waiting with a lack of information; lack of space to accommodate the passengers that had to lay on the floor waiting for new informations. I arrived at Atlanta Bus Terminal last Sunday, Sept 19th, at 10pm to get on the bus number 1111 by 12:40am. Only by 8am we received the information that the bus number 1225 would leave by 11:30am. Very tired with no sleep at all and with an important appointment scheduled, I took the subway to the airport to find a solution and I bought a ticket on the flight 2446 Atlanta x Fort Lauderdale.

I'm writing in an attempt to receive the refund for the unused ticket, and be compensated for everything I've gone through. I describe below all my expenses: Ticket Greyhound Lines Atlanta ** - $55,50; Lunch at the Greyhound bus Terminal - $2,76; Subway bus terminal to Atlanta airport - $3,50; Breakfast at Atlanta Airport - $7,50; Ticket for the flight Delta 2446 - $146,20; Total Expenses: $215,45. I hope to hear from you guys as soon as possible.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We got to the bus station here in Knoxville Tennessee at 6am, the bus was scheduled to leave at 630am, to head to Chattanooga Tennessee and then back to Marietta Georgia and on to Atlanta Georgia, but the problem was that Greyhound had no buses or any drivers for this route back home to Atlanta Georgia. Well I sat here in the Knoxville Tennessee bus station for 48 hours until they finally found someone to drive the bus from Knoxville Tennessee to Atlanta Georgia. Finally, I will never ride Greyhound bus lines company again, I will spend my money to get home by flying Delta Airlines. Greyhound is a big joke and what a waste of time sitting in the Knoxville Tennessee bus station.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Downtown Richmond V.A has a tooth-less baggage handler. I caught him red handed. He tried to steal my luggage by placing it drivers side rear behind tire alone. He then went thru my bag when I reloaded to next bus and he signaled to me that he got into my bag after I placed it on the bus. He rearranged the luggage. I could not see what he was doing because bottom door rises up and blocks the view but he made sure he let me know that he stole items from me. Anyway watch out for the tall ** guy with no teeth in the front of his mouth. I wish they would fire his ** because he was determined to steal even though I caught him in the act and signaling to me that he got me while we were backing out to go.

I hope someone in charge would check the tape Sun morning left Baltimore 1220 to Richmond headed to Atlanta conf#**. You can get to the bottom of it if you want. Just check the tape. You will see him taunting me while I was leaving and while inside terminal but I just ignored him. I had on white jacket, red hat. Please don't let him get away with it. I know I can’t get reimbursed but don't let him get away with it. He stole items out of my bag.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was scheduled to leave Birmingham, Al on Saturday at 730 pm heading to Salt Lake City, Utah and the bus never showed up. They couldn't put me on another bus until about 10 pm on Sunday night! I'm suppose be in Salt Lake on Monday at 11 am for class. To make a long story short I won't arrive until Tuesday 10 pm!!! Also my luggage didn't follow me and it has all my clothes and important documents that I need for class!!! They told me that my luggage won't arrive until Wednesday possibly!! This whole trip has been a nightmare and I will never ride Greyhound again!!! P.S. While in Birmingham Al I couldn't get any assistance when I first arrived because the workers were in the back watching the football game after being told twice that they had customers waiting at the desk for over 20mins!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I've taken Greyhound from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia several times and not once has it even been close to a satisfying mode of transportation. They have never been on time with their departures. I always have to wait at least an extra hour. Most of the time they're running two hours late. The bus stations are always disgusting. Every single person who works for them is rude and treats you like you're a piece of garbage. Their customer service is a joke. The only half decent thing is that it's cheaper than flying. But it doesn't make up for the terrible service that Greyhound gives to their customers. I honestly dont know how this company is still in business. I haven't found one good review for them. From now on I'm going to take Megabus. At least they give a ** about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I am new to taking the bus, I booked a ticket from Jacksonville Florida to Binghamton, New York. The bus was late. The bus station was nice and new and the customer service at the terminal was good. While waiting to depart, they wheeled a disabled man in the waiting area, he was wearing a hospital gown and he looked like he was unable to care for himself. They left him there alone. He had urine dripping from his wheelchair. No one thought to help him. I saw him later seated on the bus I the disabled seating slumped over and was still unaccompanied by any staff. I'm sure no one had cleaned him up and the smell proved my suspicions. This should be illegal. Elderly disabled people should not be allowed to travel without someone caring for them.

I myself was still battling some sort of upper respiratory infection and was unable to go without an ** treatment every couple hours. During departure at the station, while finding a seat still no one would offer up a spot next to them. I took my place in the empty seat behind the driver. The bus driver had his bag on the floor by my seat so since I had a sports bag that was like an inch or two too big for the overhead compartment I placed my bag in the seat next to me. The bus driver did not like that. He told me to move. When I went to move, I stood up and looked around, maybe I'm imagining this but it looked like no one wanted me to sit next to them. It's understandable because the seating doesn't exactly account for much personal space.

I was exhausted I just wanted to sleep. After about 30 seconds a gentleman offered a spot next to him. I sat down. Not to pick on this guy but he was big and there was no way I was going to rest my head on his shoulder to sleep. The bus driver said, "You're not going to give me a problem are you?" I didn't say anything. I was shocked to be treated like I was inconveniencing him. I remembered I was a customer and I didn't like how he treated me. I replied with a question. I asked, "Why couldn't I sit in the original seat I picked so I could sleep without falling out of my seat?" The bus driver stopped the bus as we were about to leave the station and said, "Tell me now if you're going to be a problem on this trip"... I said "No" but I stated that "I was exhausted and just wanted to rest on my way to New York".

That annoyed him further. A woman from behind me interrupted and said "Stop wasting our time, we need to go". I didnt reply to her. The bus driver then asked again if I was going to be a problem. Like I was a child like I deserved to be treated like an annoyance. I was at this point about to let it go but again this female interrupted from the back and was super rude. She said, “Omg we need to leave.” I said to her "You need to stop. I am not speaking to you." The bus driver said I need to find another seat, in which case I stood up to look behind us and the female in the back assumed I was getting up to get in her face. I said "Girl please. I'm not trying to fight. I'm looking for another seat".

Lol I am serious she must be used to people trying to fight her. I wasn't going to even go there though. The bus driver, said, "Then hurry up and get off the bus.” He got off the bus and started walking fast towards the terminal, at which point the other workers started walking toward the bus to see what was going on. I was baffled but followed the bus driver because I felt he was being racist. I could tell he just didn't like me. I'm a half "**" half Cuban woman. I try to look well kept, I am a decent looking woman, carrying my Louis Vuitton and a travel pillow, wearing a nice dress and was probably one the very few people that wasn't ghetto looking.

Most of the ** people kinda looked like they were on hard times. Just felt like the majority of the workers for Greyhound were ** and I was being singled out for standing up for myself. The bus driver and I met with the others in the parking lot and he stated that "either she goes or I go". The woman from the back of the bus had realized how things were for me and even offered to let me sit next to her. That didn't matter. The bus driver was pissed at me. I didn't interrupt or get loud but I did say to them that I felt like he was being unfair. That I did ask for assistance to be moved to another seat so I could rest. It didn't matter it was obvious that they wouldn't listen no matter how reasonable my request was. I literally had to beg the other bus driver to allow me to ride. I told her this trip was all I had and how I wouldn't have a home if I didn't take this trip and how important it was to me. She almost didn't allow me to ride along.

So... then we left. The new bus I was on was taking the same route to New York so I wasn't completely screwed. So after all that I'm trying to not feel completely terrible because I'm sick. I can barely breathe. I have asthma. I struggled to get comfortable due to the fact that it was incredibly hot in the bus. No air flow at all. I felt like I was having a panic attack at one point. I was sitting next to a woman who was grinding her teeth and would cough non-stop without covering her mouth once. It was hot and stuffy so every time she coughed I felt like everyone was clinching. A few people were annoyed by how hot and stuffy it felt. The bus driver would not turn on the ac.

At one point it felt like the heat was turned on. When we stopped they were delayed. Not sure why but we were about two hours behind schedule. Our next stop we had to switch drivers. No one showed up. The bus driver didn't show. So we had to switch buses and were moved to a chartered bus. That was another two hours we were delayed. We finally were put onto another bus and it didn't have wifi and shockingly the ac wasn't working right. People were upset and were yelling from the back of the bus that their kid was hot and that they needed the ac to be turned on. The bus driver didn't plan on stopping once. After five hours and complaints the bus driver finally made a pit stop.

We got to New York city port authority 2 hours late for my transfer to another bus. They had lost my luggage and they said it should have gone to my destination. After waiting another 3 hours for the next bus to Binghamton we got on the road. I had no way to notify my ride that we were so late because the last two buses didn't have wifi. I got to my destination at 345 am. I was really gross and just wanted a shower and clean clothes. They lost my luggage because my luggage got to the station hours ahead of me and was closed when we got there.

The place I was visiting was an hour away from the station. The luggage was most likely left on the bus and was going to be on the bus until someone took it off during the route. I made sure I called the station and the lost baggage line everyday. I had no clothes and was broke so I couldn't afford to replace them. Someone let me have some of their clothes and let me just say, not every woman wants to wear a leotard with ill-fitting jeggings 4 days straight. I was so uncomfortable during my stay. I finally got a call to pick up my luggage in Babylon the next night and SURPRISE SURPRISE the bus was an hour late then too. ** Greyhound. Seriously. Worst part is what they charge.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We had booked 2 tickets for 14th September. Each ticket cost us 32$. We called them to reschedule on an earlier bus which had seats available. The rescheduled bus tickets cost 40$. We asked them to charge the difference amount to reschedule but they charged us 20$ extra per ticket to reschedule! So basically we ended up paying around 40$ extra for the trip instead of 15$. Very disappointed with the service! I don't think I will ever travel by Greyhound again!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Greyhound does not care about their passengers and puts them in very dangerous situations, what they have done to me is unspeakable, and just try to call them and get satisfaction is impossible no matter how long you hold or how many days you put into it or who you talk to, the whole system is designed to make you give up, but little do they know I have only begone to get my friends to get the word out on social media on how they don't care about yours and my safety, when we are in their care.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Poor service, no drivers, refuse to give refunds. I've been here since 1 am, the driver got us here after our bus was already gone. It's 8 am, they're telling us they don't have any drivers. Corporate get off your assistance!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I was supposed to take a bus to Boston on Friday night at 11:30pm. The bus was overbooked and I booked my tickets 3 weeks prior. I was early to the stop and was waiting in the queue. The bus had 50 seats and the booking was done by 56 people. There was no room for 6 people. Finally they left us behind. They don't even respect that it's their mistake. They don't have any kind of organizing. The buses are late. They don't have proper way of talking. They wanted to refund us and give ticket for the next day which literally makes no sense, as the things were planned for the next day at Boston. The driver was not even polite.

Overall I postponed my meetings and took the bus the next day. There was a huge wait time at the border due to the public holiday and had to wait for 3 hours (due to traffic and because of one couple who had documentation issues). because of one couple all the people in the bus had to wait. Now finally for 8 hours of trip, we ended up travelling 11 hours. While coming back, the bus broke down and again there was a delay. I don't understand why Greyhound does not care to service their buses before letting them go on trips. Overall, my experience was terrible. If someone has plans or meetings, DO NOT TAKE GREYHOUND. IT IS OF NO USE. All your plans and meetings will be ruined because of this stupid service.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

12 hr wait this time, bus I was on arrived after connecting bus left for the third time. Pregnant woman with children and at least 30 others sleeping on the tile flooring. The consistent smell of urine and sweat is nauseating. No soap, periodically you can get a small squirt of water from the bathroom sink. There is not a low enough rating for customer services. Sure wish I could send pictures. So humiliating and degraded. Ashamed of my fellow man.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My husband and I traveled from New York to Toronto on a Greyhound on Wednesday August 29th. The bus was in unusable condition! I called customer service 7 minutes into our trip to report the issues which included but were not limited to, broken power outlets, broken seats, ripped seat cushions, broken and damaged armrests, metal connection rods sticking out of the seat onto the cushion. This was a 12 hour trip with NO working power outlets (we asked everyone in the seats near us and no body’s outlets were working). I sat on metal rods for 12 hours. Then we got delayed at customs for over an hour and a half by one passenger and we were left on the bus at 3:30/4:00AM with the bright overhead lights on so passengers (including small children) were unable to sleep. We then arrived in Toronto 1.5 hours late.

When I called customer service at the beginning of our trip, they all but refused to start a case file with me until I told them I would post the photos of the bus and my experience on social media. Then when I relayed my ticket confirmation number and schedule number she kept saying I was on a different bus with a different bus number even though my ticket was in my hand and I was providing her all the correct numbers. I was told to call back the next day to follow up with my case number to sort out compensation. To be clear: I only wanted a refund for the return part of our trip because we had a great experience on the way to New York.

So, I call back the next day and was told that not enough time had passed since my trip and that I would need to call back again before there could be any resolution. I then went to my chiropractor because after sitting on metal rods and in broken seats for 12 hours I had been unable to sleep the following 2 days and my chiropractor said she has never seen me in such bad condition in her 3 years treating me.

That brings us to today. I called customer service back today, and after 50 mins on the phone I was told that the best they could do is offer me $31 as compensation for the bus arriving late and that no compensation would be offered for our experience with the state of the bus. Obviously this is unacceptable so I asked to speak to a manager. During the time the customer service rep was looking for a supervisor, they hung up on me and I had to call back and wait on hold again before getting back to the previous rep who then succeeded at connecting me to a supervisor.

I ended up speaking to “Bernardez” (badge number **) who was absolutely no help at all. He proceeded to tell me exactly the same thing as the previous rep almost word for word and repeated the offer of $31 in travel vouchers as compensation. I then asked if there was someone above him that I could talk to and he said “No I am the highest up person you can speak to...there is no one higher”. He also refused to give me any contact information (telephone numbers or emails) for people in the corporate complaints department for me to escalate things further.

$31 is NOT sufficient compensation for my pain and my time. We paid $130 for our return ticket and we suffered for 12 hours. I would like to speak to someone higher up than “Bernardez” and receive REASONABLE compensation for our absolutely horrifying experience. I will be reposting this on Twitter, Instagram, TripAdvisor and anywhere else I need to before someone gets in contact with me. I have pictures of all of the damaged seats and armrests and proof of everything I’ve stated in my post. Greyhound should not be selling tickets for broken seats. It is not unreasonable for me to expect a refund for my ticket. When someone purchases a ticket, I think it is safe for them to assume that they are paying for a safe and comfortable ride. My husband and I expected our return trip to be safe and comfortable like we had been on our trip to New York - instead our trip was, uncomfortable, unsafe, and inhumane.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I would give zero stars if it was an option. I purchased a one-way ticket for a friend out of state and he actually got incarcerated a few days before the trip. I called customer service to explain that he is in jail and that I'd like a refund but they told me tickets are not refundable. The ticket was $215, gone. I asked if they could at least give me a credit for future use, they said there is nothing they could do. This is theft and this is not how you do business with people this day and age. Terrible company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

To anyone traveling do not take this. Never on time if they make it at all before the next scheduled bus hours later. My case 7 hrs late. Take a train. This company is getting worse and worse! Never again!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

1 hour late. We can't talk, use cell phones, head phones, cough. She was singing terribly. Telling everyone have a blessed day when it felt like a cursed day. This is the opposite of great customer service. I felt like a hostage. Cattle. I just wanted her voice out of my head, I just wanted to go where I need to go. I thought about how the others on the bus felt, how many other people she treated this way... and how many more. I am still in shock from this and it's been days after the incident. I wonder what will happen if there was a emergency and someone needed help. This individual could not or would not help. It would be worse.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Greyhound bus number 6377 Schedule NUMBER GLI 7310. The driver has been rude and talking to the passengers in an unnecessary way before we even got on board. I got to the driver, I spoke, and she didn't speak back. It's an older ** lady with a dark red wig. I feel that we pay our money to have a pleasant trip. We didn't make her work for Greyhound, so there's no need for the funky attitude. We're not able to talk on her bus! Please, for your customer's sake, hire better drivers!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

For the TL;DR, this company has the worst customer service I've ever encountered. I cannot recommend highly enough using an alternative service to Greyhound. That they are still in business is appalling. I scheduled a bus ride from Eugene, OR, on August 16 traveling to Salt Lake City, UT, by the following morning. When I arrived at the Eugene bus station I was informed they had oversold my bus and that I wouldn't be able to travel until the following day. During that bus ride we had a layover in Ontario, OR, that lasted two hours past the original transfer time. This at an outdoor bus station with no services.

On the return trip, leaving from Salt Lake City, UT, on August 21, everything went smooth until arriving in Portland. There we had a scheduled 2.5 hour layover. That turned into a 7.5 hour layover because they didn't have a properly rested driver. When the driver arrived, he was exceptionally rude, berating the passengers and threatening to force them off the bus if anyone expressed disgruntlement at his tardiness.

Compound all of this with the follow up phone calls I made to their customer service escalation line where I spoke with Darlyn, Doholst, and Mejia, all of whom were obstinate. Darlyn was at least civil and respectable, if unsophisticated in her use of the software Greyhound uses. Doholst was incompetent and rude, not even feigning respect for my accounting of events. Events he claims his system, being infallible, notes that there was no delay. That his software is superior to my Google Maps time stamp recording of my travels throughout the journey and thus he will not consider a larger refund than $20. He is essentially saying that my time is worth $4/hour, not even considering the missed opportunities for what I had scheduled upon arriving at the agreed upon time.

I had detailed compensation of half the ticket would suffice. An amount of $68. He reduced his offer after calling me a liar, that his system cannot be wrong, and that my accounting of events must be false. All the while being unwilling to quote me a time stamp for when his ledgers mark the bus as leaving Portland. Do yourself a favor and forget this company exists.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I have taken this bus several times between New York and Philadelphia and countless times it is late departing without explanation. Sometimes it is 15 minutes late. Sometimes it is 30 minutes late. They can get away with this for two reasons: No one from the top is enforcing them to be on time. They have a very casual attitude about running late. And secondly, a lot of passengers are ‘not surprised’ and feel this is what you have to put up with when you take a cheaper method of travel. They say it’s a waste of time complaining. And sadly it is.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I bought a ticket from Mt Laurel NJ to New York NY, the bus never even showed up, no explanation from the clueless and rude employees. I had to wait over 3 hours and hope that there was a spare seat on another bus. Worst service ever, well maybe the US Post Office is worse, but no I don't think so. Really deplorable. Not reason for this level of incompetence is this day and age. The CEO should be replaced immediately (preferably a woman of ** instead of another dumb ** guy who simply doesn't care about the customer). MEMBERSHIP ID IS **.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I purchased a round trip ticket from PA to Ohio. Bathroom in Pittsburgh were filthy, with 1 carry on and purse there was no storage room under my seat to place my carry on. The wheels on it sat on my feet for entire trip. Due to uncomfortable visit I decided to return early and gave Greyhound at least 30 hr notice I was canceling my trip home because I had a friend drive from Pittsburgh to Dayton, Ohio and pd him $60 gas both ways. Greyhound refused to refund at least half of my trip. For a large company that customers look for reliable, comfortable and accommodating passengers forget it!! I would never book a seat on any Greyhound bus nor would I recommend Greyhound to anyone seeking transportation.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Never on time, always delayed at least 10 hours, over priced for a lazy bus company. Literally ** this bus company. The worst customer service and you're guaranteed to be late to whatever you are trying to attend.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

So initially my bus was suppose to leave by 8am from New York to Norfolk, Va, on a Thursday, but they made an announcement that there was some technical difficulties with the buses so there was a delay. Once it was 11:30, I decided to just reschedule (in hopes that they’ll get themselves together). My bus was scheduled for Friday night by 9:30pm and the events that took place that night was just mind boggling. We couldn’t receive a bus because they overbooked the 8:00 bus so they “technically” took ours. They said the driver will come by 12am... nothing. 1 am... nothing. An old lady passes out in the process, a young woman starts convulsing. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Babies and little children are given no choice but to sleep on floors while rats crawl amongst them.

Yet not one worker could go on the intercom to inform passengers of what’s going on. WE had to basically argue with these useless workers to get useless information from them. We requested to speak to someone above them, their response was either “you can’t..., or idk....”. Then they had the nerve to tell us that no bus will be available 'til Sunday morning by 7am. It’s Friday, and 3 in the morning. At the end of the day Greyhound has been around too long to still have problems, people who have used this 20 years ago say the same thing. They need to hire more drivers and smarter workers because they’re obviously not paid enough to give a **.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I was planning on taking an Amtrak train to NYC, but the bus was scheduled to arrive 3 hours earlier so I decided to do that. I was at the bus stop by 9:30 for an anticipated departure of 9:50. At around 10:15 I attempted to call them. The first number told me to call a second number. The second number did not work and just kept telling me to press an option, but no matter which option was selected, nothing worked. I then was able to chat online in which I was given a link to a tracking website. The website showed an hour and a half delay, no reason.

Finally at 11:30 the bus arrived. None of the outlets worked and the bus smelled off, like mothballs. Also no leather seats like the website stated. So off we go, 1st stop in Brattleboro, pick up some people and off to Greenfield. In this town the bus driver got lost and ran over a traffic cone trying to turn around. This added another 30 minutes worth of delays. I am currently riding the bus, it’s 1:36 pm and we just left Northampton (scheduled to leave at 11:30), over 2 hours of delays. Very frustrating, next time I will take the train. I also looked for an email to contact them about this to see if they would offer some sort of refund, but they only accept US Mail for complaints. If I could rate lower than a 1 I would.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

This is the worst ride I’ve ever been on. My bus was suppose to be at 10:15 pm, but the driver didn’t come, so our ride was delayed till 3 am and it wasn’t only our bus that was delayed. There were people waiting from 5 pm and left at 10 pm. This is my first time taking the bus and it was suppose to be fun until they made me wait for 5h and I suggest you go to another company because this isn’t worth your money or the time.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Go Greyhound, I think not. They have become the sorriest bus company ever. I guess because they don't have competitors they feel they can treat customers any way they want. They refused my daughter boarding even though our ticket was bought in advance. They refused to give a refund and now that she's finally getting somewhere to the destination they give her hours of delays, layovers, and cram packed buses. They need boycotted until they learn how to treat customers. It's very apparent Greyhound causes these issues to happen and fails to issue refunds so that they can make more funds from the consumer. Boycotting Greyhound will show them that customer care is a priority that should be taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I will never and suggest that you never take Greyhound bus again. My friend and I paid 180$ for a ticket which required us to transfer onto another bus. The first bus did not show up. I understand that buses can be late as a result of traffic and other unforeseeable issues but this bus was 2 and a half hours late. We were going to miss our transfer and be stuck in another city.

We took a cab from our first destination to our second and the bus was still there despite it being 30 minutes past when it should have left. We felt relieved... Only to find that this bus was still here because Greyhound had overbooked the first one that had already left and we were suppose to be on. We had no WIFI or plug-ins to charge our phones. Being two young girls traveling, we expected to be able to charge our cell phones. The best part of all, the bus tire completely blew and we were stuck on the highway for over an hour waiting for the repairman.

I called Greyhound for a refund and they kept hanging up on my friend and I and raising their voices over ours. End result? We got 71$ refunded back to us (hopefully it actually comes in) and they insisted that they could not do anything else. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will be sharing this experience with everyone I know so that no one rides with this horrible company.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Since my last review in 2014, I had a major issue over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2016. The bus arrived in Zanesville Ohio to pick me up for my return to NYC but it was full. The driver left four of us in the parking lot. It was cold, the building was closed and locked, and I had to hitchhike to a truck stop and then buy a ticket home from a different town. It was a huge mess.

Now I am going through it once again. Today is 13 August 2018. I departed Port Authority NYC last night. I was to change buses in Pittsburgh and continue on to Zanesville Ohio. In Pittsburgh, we were informed that as of 6 am, there were no drivers and no buses for us all. There was already dozens of people at the station complaining that they had been there since the day before waiting for the same bus as myself. I found myself dead last in a line of people waiting for nothing. My trip was to be short as I was returning on Friday morning. I waited in Pittsburgh all morning and nothing. Finally a bus arrived for my destination but they allowed only four people to board and the rest of us were still stranded. At 1 pm, another bus arrived and it too did not have enough room for us all.

I kept being told that nobody knew how long we would be stuck. They ruined my trip (again). I am never using Greyhound again. I will now fly into Akron from Islip NY. I had to purchase a ticket on Peter Pan bus lines so that I could get back to NYC. It is now 7:12 pm and I am on my way back to NYC. I am told that people are still waiting in Pittsburgh. On top of all this, my electric razor was stolen out of my carry on bag in Pittsburgh when my back was turned. I have been awake since 4 am Monday and I just could not take any more of being stranded in Pittsburgh. I don't understand why Greyhound has become so horribly run. There was no way I could stay there any longer. I feel bad for the people that have been stuck there since yesterday with no hope of getting out.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

This is actually the second time Greyhound has lost my bags. The first time was back in 2012 when I took the bus from Arizona to New York. This 2nd Time was in May headed to Virginia to my Dad's wedding. I filed a claim, got a claim receipt and they told me that there policy was to wait 90 days and if they didn't find it contact them then again. I did this still have copies of my paperwork and they now told me today when I called them that they do not have my information. I gave them info in person at baggage claim at port authority New York and emailed them info they asked for as well. Never using them again, I'd rather spend more money to fly than this.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was traveling from Raleigh, North Carolina to New York. This is the 4th time it happened where I had to wait 8 hours to get on the bus to get to my destination. This is the most unprofessional. The staff is not helpful. People don't like to work and whenever you go to ask what happen my bus was supposed to leave this time, "Oh it's delay. The driver is not here." What type of excuse is this making people suffer from their bad services. I took this bus so many times. I was a regular customer. Now enough is enough. After today I no longer want to ride on this stupid bus service. They can't operate this. Please for God sake shut them down. Greyhound is putting people through torture. It's wrong. They shouldn't be in the business. Over charged price. Very very very poor service. I am not happy or satisfied from their services. Shut them up please.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have not taken Greyhound bus lines in MANY years but had to this time to make an early morning flight out of Chicago to Boston originating from Milwaukee. Since there was no train or other Bus early enough to get there on time, I wasn't left with a choice. Greyhound was the only way. The same reason why I stopped using them so many years ago is the same reason why I will stop using them again. The buses are absolutely disgusting. Apparently that particular bus originated in Minneapolis before it stopped in Milwaukee. So there were already people on it making the bus somewhat full.

As soon as I stepped on the bus, an extremely FOUL rancid stench of an uncleaned toilet engulfed the entire bus. It was literally unbearable and when I said something to the driver, even she concurred it was awful. Secondly, I am very tall, so I need to take an aisle seat. However the person sitting in front of me could not get the seat to come out of recline. We both tried but it didn't budge. It simply did not work. So in a nutshell; Disgusting poor maintenance and broken seats. Will never use them again and will take a later flight out of Chicago or directly from Milwaukee going forward.

Greyhound Company Information