1.06/5

1670 Greyhound Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

I always experience 2 hrs to 1 hr delay. In New York, Philadelphia and Mt. Laurel. It never changes. Since 2018 they are always delay! Never on time!!! Worst bus company ever!! I'm sorry but the truth hurts.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I was traveling from West Lafayette to Indianapolis on the 14th of April. I waited at the bus station for 39 minutes, then checked the tracker which said it was 2 hours late, so I went to my home which was close by. Upon reaching I checked the tracker again saying the bus is arriving in 1 minute, so I naturally missed the bus due to a system glitch. Regardless, their buses are always late and is the most disorganized company I have seen, considering how big they’re, it’s a joke.

Coming back to my problem, I called 3 customer service agents over 3 days about the problem and after speaking to them for a COMBINED 45 MINUTES, they say my ticket is non refundable so nothing can be done, even though it wasn’t me trying to reschedule but their system error. Didn’t even try to help, 100s of customers experience ** with Greyhound every day, and they don’t even bother to make things right. I mean they’re losing out, those customers go to different companies (MegaBus is amazing - use that) and never come back - I know I won’t. I ended up having to take an Uber worth 95 dollars to Indianapolis. Save yourselves the time, money and energy, walk to your destination rather than taking a Greyhound.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I had a death in my family the same day I was due to leave. Called Greyhound. Ask for them to push back the date of the ticket by 2 days. The supervisor said that they didn’t care about the customers and that I would have to pay 20 dollars to change my ticket or lose it all... Refused to give me to someone else and disconnected the call from me after asking repeatedly to speak to someone higher than him. I was treated like ** by all 3 people I spoke with.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Morgantown WV - Chicago IL trip on 04/14/19: arrived to Cleveland OH at 11 pm and were told that driver was tired, another driver would come in two hours. Waited for driver 5 hours, at 4 am another bus came but there was no enough seats for all passengers so I was left at Cleveland bus station at 4 am to figure out myself how to get to Chicago. They don't want to give me full refund but only $46 (Total ticket was $93). Never again with Greyhound!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I bought a flexible ticket for a mentally disabled person with the understanding it could be used if a problem arose. GREYHOUND will NOT rebook a bus IF you don't call in one day before the scheduled bus departure. THIS IS THE MOST IDIOTIC POLICY I HAVE EVER HEARD. What then is the idea of even getting a flexible ticket? If you miss an airline flight you may have to pay a fee to rebook but it can be done; with GREYHOUND you cannot do that.

I do NOT, repeat NOT, recommend Greyhound for any type of travel. They have foreign call centers full of employees who fail to understand problems and fail to address complaints. They treat people horribly and then you have no recourse to complain about it. Save your money and travel another way. Greyhound is the dumbest, most rude, ignorant and idiotic company with employees who are either naturally dumb or learned, through company training, how to act dumb. DO NOT TRAVEL WITH GREYHOUND > STAY AWAY! EXTREMELY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE > BEWARE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: April 13, 2019

Ottawa -----> Pembroke [April 7th 10:00 am Departure, 2019] Bus driver ridiculed me in front of the whole bus for the slight odor of ** that came from my bag. I have a prescription for medical ** and she made it distinctively clear that anyone who smoked at the Petawawa break stop wouldn't be allowed back on the bus, even though it was my last stop. It was highly unprofessional as this is my medication and it's really none of her business as I was not disrupting anyone else in the slightest. I asked the folks around me and no one said it was a problem. I won't be taking a Greyhound again, as there are many other options for catching a bus. A formal complaint was also filed against her. She needs to be properly educated about **, as it is a legal substance across Canada and I hold a valid prescription.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The promised wifi on the bus did not work, neither did any of the overhead lights. The entire bus smelled strongly of urine. It was extremely overpriced for the experience! Will not be traveling on Greyhound again.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Greyhound Bus Lines experience––April 9, 2019. If I could I would assign Greyhound maybe one point on one star! We arrived at the Watsonville transit center before 2 pm on April 9 to begin our journey to our primary residence on Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada (with the penultimate destination of Vancouver, BC). The bus was scheduled to depart by 2:45 pm. We waited until 6 pm but no bus arrived. At that point we gave up waiting and returned to our Watsonville residence.

This experience has resulted in a myriad of hardships for us exceeding simple inconvenience. While waiting at the transit center we could not obtain any information about the status of our bus, as there was no Internet available, and Greyhound does not provide any physical means of obtaining information. Finally, I called the help number at the bottom of my tickets: 800-231-2222. It was next to impossible to hear the agent because of outside noise on the street and inside noise within the bus station. I finally managed to hear the agent tell me that the bus should be arriving around 4:14 pm. I looked at my watch and told the agent that it was 4:14 pm at that moment. He said I should wait and the bus would arrive in a few minutes. He also provided me with a customer service number that was a long-distance number: 214-849-8966.

Greyhound is responsible for a particularly high-stress day for my partner and for me. We had had all of our utilities switched off (including the Internet) at our Watsonville address. We had no food or water and had to rush to shop and to reverse all of those cancellations. In addition, our final destination is many miles north of Vancouver, BC. From Pacific Central Station in Vancouver, we would have had to take the Skytrain and a city bus to catch an ocean-going ferry to Vancouver Island (2.5 hours), to connect with a scheduled van service (IslandLinkBus: only four trips/day) that had required advance reservations (cost of cancellation $2 per ticket). All of these schedules and reservations had to be cancelled. I see that your “URGENT” email first arrived last night at 10:16 pm. What good does that do? In addition, the phone number you provide is not the same as the help number on my ticket: 1-833-233-8507.

We are considering all of our options, which at this point are few. Flying was considered when we first began to plan a month ago. We chose Greyhound, partially because of its affordability but also because the scheduling appeared to coordinate well with our complicated travel route involving many public transit legs of the journey to the North. Now, because we need to leave within about 2 weeks, the added expense of flying on such short notice is not an option.

Greyhound is extremely irresponsible in the management of its business. We are not about to let this situation pass without any consequences for such a poorly managed organization. We have traveled with Greyhound on several occasions without encountering such horrendous problems. We as consumers of your service should have been able to depend on Greyhound providing the service we paid for. We did of course qualify for a refund, after much complaining and explaining from me. Take my experience as a warning and don't depend on Greyhound, because they will not treat you as you'd like to be treated as a paying customer.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Hi. I took the Greyhound bus twice. They have Very very unprofessional drivers! It's a bad experience for consumer so I do not recommend anyone to take Greyhound. They probably should hire better drivers that are kind to passengers or at least not rude.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Since I live in San Angelo which Greyhound is the only bus service company, I have been a frequent traveler with them for nearly 2 years (San Angelo - San Antonio - Houston) and 99% of them were terrible! San Angelo Bus Station: The bus NEVER came on time, most of the time it 1:30-2 hours late! I called Greyhound customer service but the bus kept coming late. The first and last time it came on time is from November 2017! Also, the smell of cheap air freshener in the station makes me sick!

San Antonio Bus Station: When I came to Houston bus station, the bus arrived 1 and a half hour late. I didn’t mind if it’s late but I need to go to San Antonio on time for another bus to go back home. The staff talked to his boss and they promised I would be able to get on the other bus back home since people in San Antonio’s gonna hold the bus to wait for us (me and another passenger). I believed them so I got on the Houston bus eventually. However, when I got to San Antonio, the other bus had already left!

To solve the problem, they gave me new tickets for ANOTHER 20 HOURS TRIP which went to another 2-3 different cities in Texas before I could get home. I was suffering from a severe back pain so I couldn’t sit that long. Also, it’s the worst way to solve a problem which caused by their fault! I didn’t agree so they gave me another aka last option which was that I had to wait until tomorrow afternoon for the next bus! I said I wouldn’t be able to afford a hotel room. They said they would let me sit at the station (with the cheap air freshener and rough chairs) for another 24 hours! Are you kidding me???

Again, I mentioned my back pain and requested them to take me back to Houston where I was be able to stay at my friend’s house. Because I would be rather stay in Houston and wait until the next day if I had knew they would broke their promise to hold the bus for us and gave us a hard time. But they only gave me 2 options (between 20 hours trip and 24 hours waiting + another 5 hours on the bus). It was ridiculous!!! I spoke to the staffs, the manager and even called customer service but they insisted not taking me back to Houston.

The manager even said: “what if you came back to Houston and the bus tomorrow is late again?” I said I’ve been traveled for the last 2 years and it’s never been late. And if they’d let us know the buses gonna be late, I’d have other options. He said it’s been late for the last few days (???). Why they didn’t even fix that problems. When will they stop letting their customers suffer from their bad services? However, when I searched on their website, the bus to Houston that day still have available seats.

At that time, I was done talking to the people at San Antonio station since they were rude so I called customer service. And she said the same things like they said and suggested me to buy new ticket if I wanted to go back Houston. “So you won’t let me to get on the bus back to Houston because of the money right?” I continued “why y'all won’t take me back to Houston while the seats were still available?” She said it wasn’t about the money, it just because they just couldn’t!! They cheated me to get on that bus even though they knew it’d be late and didn’t even keep their promise to hold the other bus for us. We were literally cheated by them!! Eventually, I chose to go reschedule my ticket to tomorrow. I came back from Houston on a different bus company. Great service, new bus, smell good, cheaper, shorter travel time!

Moreover, while I was arguing with the staffs, someone just stole my Anker power bank from my backpack I left nearby!!! (I wasn’t be able to carry backpack long due to my back pain.) I didn’t find out until I got on the bus (from different company) back to Houston! Also, It’s the cheap air freshener again. It’s too strong. You are not able to ignore it. But not like in San Angelo, you have to get in line an amount of time before it departs and you can’t stay outside since those are busy streets. I always had to cover my nose with face mask or the upper part of my shirt. Some people stared at me, some shows their thumbs up to show their agreements. Houston bus station: The air freshener is not too bad. No parking lot for picking up or dropping off. Too many homeless people disturb. The bus is not usually late but it was late one time which led to the worst experience in San Antonio.

Original review: April 9, 2019

They make you late to each of your destinations. Their bus drivers smoke at every stop due to that makes you later. Their wifi and plugs do not work. Bus drivers talk to customers as if they are not PROFESSIONAL. I'm surprised they are still in business.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was incredibly disappointed with my experience. There was a website error, so I ended up accidentally purchasing 2 tickets. I called customer service and the best they could do was offer me a voucher when there was a website error on their site. Then, the bus was over 2 hours late getting to the boarding station. Because of this, I would have missed my flight waiting for the bus to get to the final destination. I ended up having to drive myself to the airport over 3 hours away. I contacted customer service about this before I drove myself and the man I spoke with told me I would receive a refund.

When I called back, they told me they couldn't give me a refund even though their driver was over 2 hours delayed. They offered me another voucher. Why on earth would I want a voucher for a company I want nothing to do with since they can't keep their word and don't stand behind their product? I seriously question the morals and ethics of this company.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I purchased a busticket confirm number ** going from Denver, Co to Boise, Id on April 2, 2019. Water leaking from rooftop of bus. Rude threatening passenger x 2 allowed to obviously be however they wanted. (I'm a female traveling alone and was threatened twice by two males) No heat I asked more than once and still never. I'm not one to complain unless it's very deserving, but this experience has considerably changed my mind on future traveling as far as as "Greyhound" service such as this is concerned... Crystal **.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I realize that they are not fair to customer. They we try to book online for 10 clock but it show that it booked out but we end up of to book a different time so my wife call customer service and they told she can get the time switch from 4pm to 10am. So my wife went ahead on book it for 4pm. So when we reach the Greyhound bus terminal in Arkansas they told us we of to pay $40 dollar to get on the 10am bus to Memphis. If they did tell us that from we call customer service we would not book the 4pm bus for $29 in the first place. So to switch time cost more than the actual booking. The bus leave with lots of empty seat from Arkansas to Memphis. Be we decided not to pay $40 more because they even tell us they only take cash only. In this day and age Arkansas Greyhound bus terminal don’t even have ATM.

Original review: March 31, 2019

First route was cancelled. They rescheduled for the next day. Major delay caused missing the connector route. Rescheduled. Bus driver never showed up to finish the connector route. Unaccompanied minor stranded halfway between home and destination. Customer service tells you to call complaint department. Complaint depart tells you to call customer service. No one cares that this is a minor. Rescheduled the reschedule. That bus cancels. Rescheduled again. That bus is on a 2 hour delay. IF that bus shows, my son will have been at the Cincinnati depot for 14 hours by himself!

This will be 29 hours later than he was suppose to arrive originally. There is no way to contact anyone higher up. They wouldn't issue him a ticket to just come home. They wanted his personal information to be able to help us. He is a minor. That is not legal. Yes, he's 17, but not legally an adult. They can only keep rescheduling his ticket. We are very irritated and angry. We have never had this problem before and we use Greyhound all the time. Never again! JUST DON'T DO IT!!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

First and last time I will be riding on a Greyhound bus. The entire bus reeked of urine, there was no Wi-Fi and the phone outlets did not work. Bus driver lacked a pleasant personality. It was disgusting.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I took a bus ride from Dallas to Austin, TX. The bus broke down in middle of the highway and I had to Uber an hour to get to my destination. I called every day for the next few days, but customer service said the bus never broke down... They refuse to give me a refund.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The worse bus service. Its taken my niece over 30hrs to get to Texas from chicago...nothing but delays no explanations. Bus seems to take their own personal routes. They showed up late to every terminal, the other bus they were supposed to catch would leave! Greyhound you are the Worse! I wish for you guys to go out of business!

Original review: March 22, 2019

I purchased my Greyhound ticket online (from Knoxville to Cincinnati) departure 12:01 PM supposed to arrive in Cincinnati at 5:30 today Friday 03-22-2019. I arrive at the station 30 mins early only for the rude employees to tell me the bus is delayed 2.5 hours. I politely asked for a refund and also to see if I could reschedule. They then said, “I'd have to wait for a manager (which won’t be back in till Monday). Didn’t offer to reschedule. I then got home, called corporate and they said “through the bus tracker” the bus is on its way or is in Knoxville at the moment. I was very confused. Then they said, I’d have to go back to the bus station (very scary place) to reschedule after the rude lady employees said I couldn’t reschedule with them? Greyhound, you will refund me my money! Stop beings crooks! I will make several more complaints until you resolve this!

Original review: March 17, 2019

My college-aged son & his girlfriend flew into Denver & took an Uber to Denver Bus Station to catch the Greyhound to Glenwood Springs. We had previously used CDOT Bustang from Union Station to Glenwood Springs, & appreciated the convenience, safety & professionalism. We made the mistake of thinking Greyhound would come anywhere close to Bustang! The bus stop reeked of human waste & body odor; one man urinated in front of them. In the hour while they waited for the bus (which was late!), men circled them, eyeing their cases & asking about their destinations.

They began to wonder if their cases would be safe under the bus. After waiting at the front of the line for over an hour, when the bus finally pulled up, a disheveled group of guys pushed them out of the way & got on the bus, & the driver let it happen. By this point, they had enough & decided the money lost by not traveling with Greyhound didn't matter as much as their safety. They ended up taking Colorado Mountain Express (which costs twice as much) & were grateful for safe, professional service. Learn from our mistake: invest in safety & professionalism & avoid Greyhound!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I had to change my original flight last minute from Chicago to Tucson. In an effort to save $400, I decided to just fly to Phoenix & take the bus to Tucson. I thought “how bad could it possibly be?!” It was bad. The Phoenix bus station itself was the most disgusting place I’d ever seen. There was garbage littered across the whole floor. I don’t think this place has any janitorial services. The whole place smelled like urine and feces. There was nowhere to sit inside as there were countless people sleeping across the benches.

After waiting an hour past the scheduled departure time, I decided to stand outside in the smoking area where I could still see the terminal door. There was a lot more room out there. Outside there were people doing drugs and a man with open wounds covering his legs, clearly spun out of his mind, pacing back and forth yelling about the devil dragging him down. That part isn’t what bothered me... It was the open wounds! Has nobody heard of blood borne pathogens? There’s no telling what kind of diseases that man was carrying. There should be some kind of screening in place when people walk in. Like maybe swimming pool rules. You shouldn’t be allowed to just spread your diseases around like that.

After waiting about 2 hours, I honestly had a mental breakdown. I ran out of the station in tears and ordered an Uber to take me from Phoenix to Tucson. It was only $66 (only $50 more than taking the Greyhound. Worth it). A couple hours after I made it home, for giggles I decided to track the bus to see where it was... It had just left. I will never set foot in a Greyhound station again. I had vowed that once before, as in 2006, at a Dallas Fort Worth Greyhound station, a man approached me, took my purse out of my hands and walked away. Right in front of a security person. I followed him & he told me he would give me my purse back if I kissed him. After screaming, security came over and I was able to retrieve my purse. I won’t forget how awful Greyhound is this time. I will NEVER attempt to take the bus again. I usually fly anyway and honestly flying is the way to go. They don’t allow people with oozing wounds onto airplanes for good reason.

Original review: March 15, 2019

DO NOT EVER TAKE GREYHOUND, my Sister reserved a seat and get there and they gave it away. She paid extra $40 for a later route. When she get to her first transfer city they tell her it’s full and she can’t get on. They Uber her to a nearby city and then tell her to get in a line to leave for another city. The staff was really rude and cannot confirm if she will be getting to her original destination and can’t provide her with any information. She had to particularly begged to speak with a person to listen before she finally was able to get refunded and get put back on a bus to her original destination. And no she never made it to where paid to go and keep in mind she has been dealing with this unprofessional, chaotic system from 10:30a to 12 midnight (the following day). So please people DO NOT TAKE GREYHOUND. They need not to be in business! I’d rather pay $500 for a ticket that will give me a peace of mind. The worse experience thus far.

Original review: March 13, 2019

The March 13th Ebensburg PA to Pittsburgh Ride 3:10-6 pm. Was pulling up my eticket for him to scan because that’s standard procedure, he tells me to stop and hurry up because he’s holding up traffic (when nobody even honked). He was so snippy and made me hand him my phone to scan while he was driving, hardly paying attention to the road and ran a red light. Other passengers were complaining about him braking hard and often. Overall terrible driver and should honestly be replaced as he’s a danger to your company.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Cheap **, there is no 10% discount, because they got rid of it. Then update your website, man!! Then I write to them about it. They don't read what I write. They send me the same crap they send everybody else then they wrote again nope not getting the 10% because it doesn't exist anymore. So I wrote back and told them to go screw themselves. Sick of this. They don't want to honor any coupons. Then you try to get the Veteran's rewards. Nope. They want you to pay for 4.95 to join that and then more money down the road for 10% discount for veterans. BS! Worst company ever, and I really believe this!

Original review: March 12, 2019

Went back to get food. Driver yelling "I told you already about the bus." I said, "Let me just get my damn food." He gets up, uses door to push me and gets in my face yelling. I told security. They did nothing. Worst company around!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I'd give a zero if I could. The bus was filthy and smelled like piss. Also it was about 6 degrees and there was NO HEAT at all for the entire 2 hr bus ride. Well, no heat for the passengers. The driver's little cube seemed to radiate heat as I passed it getting off the bus... Absolutely awful and worse knowing they won't do a thing about it!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I had went online to book a trip on April 3rd to Marysville, CA. After I paid for it it didn't give me all the details of my trip I assumed it was all in order and I will called the ticket. After everything was said and done. I then realized it wasn't going to Marysville, CA. It was going to Montreal, Canada. I had then called customer service spoke to James. Just for him to tell me I'm screwed I can't get a refund or they can't change anything on the Ticket I had asked if I could pay the difference so I can get back home He told me no. So not only am I out $146.50 but the trip as well. I am now stranded in Jacksonville FL. Not able to get home. I'm so upset about this. This is the first time I booked anything online and the last time.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Worst customer service ever, the website crash charging my credit card for a ticket for the wrong location. No help from customer support. Worst company ever. No kind of customer satisfaction. Use Amtrak the next time.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I went to purchase a ticket online for travel that day and their website timed out/crashed when after clicking the pay button. I had selected the option to have a mobile ticket instead of printing at home/picking up at the station. The website crashed with the message "Sorry our website is in maintenance blah blah blah, we didn't charge your card. Try our mobile site instead." The entire Greyhound site wasn't coming up.

Instead of trying the mobile site, I return to greyhound.com a few minutes later and the site is back up. I try to pay for the ticket again and receive the same error. I then decide to give up and decide to go the mobile route. They didn't offer a mobile ticket when I went to the mobile site (mobile.greyhound.com) so I just chose e-ticket and it worked. I received a confirmation email with the ticket inside (I didn't receive this the first two times). I also received an email from my credit card company stating that I have duplicate charges. After verifying I had duplicates, I called up Greyhound and the nightmare began...

The phone system menu options are terrible but people should know by now to just press 0 to get connected to a live person. A person answered who barely spoke English. I slowly explained what happened, how the website timed out but still charged me, and how I would like to get the two duplicate charges reversed. First, the lady didn't believe that I was charged (without even looking it up). Then she told me to go contact my bank (I told her it was my credit card not debit). Then when I asked for a manager, she initially refused by ignoring my requests.

Then when I repeated myself 5-6 more times, she just puts the phone down! I eventually figured out she ditched me and decided to call back. I immediately asked for a manager this time but still ended up having to explain the entire situation again. I get the manager and again, have to explain the situation again. I'm surprised I was able to hold my impatience in check and not yell at this time cause I was really fed up. The manager gives me some confirmation numbers and sends me to customer service for refunds? How many customer service departments do you have. Whatever.

I get transferred to the new rep and have to repeat myself a third time! She obviously didn't believe my story but says I guess you didn't want 3 charges since you have bought 3 tickets for the same person leaving the same origin to destination. I'm thinking to myself "WTF seriously!" Then she says they'd like to offer me a voucher for the price I paid for future travel. I'm like "No." I don't want a voucher for future travel on this trash line. I just want my money back and maybe you all fix your website. She then says, "Yes I understand, I'll process your refund for the two tickets."

Seven minutes later, both tickets were supposedly refunded. I made sure to note down the confirmation numbers for the refund so I can have them if I need to call back. I look at the time and I spent an hour trying to get these charges reversed. It's always constant problems with this company. Three weeks ago, they canceled a bus (maybe due to snow) and refused to refund my girlfriend's ticket. They just don't like giving money back. They really need to be fined.

Original review: March 8, 2019

On 12/21/18 Greyhound stopped at a rest area and abandoned us! We attempted approximately 20 calls to the next stop where we got no answer, just a message that our call could not be completed. It was after 5:30pm. We even called baggage and got a recording, no way to speak to live attendant. We called Greyhound Customer Service (many times) without receiving a solution. They said they can't reach the bus driver, even having his name and bus number. Our calls were just transferred to someone else, passing over the responsibility.

After about a 5 hour wait, we were able to take the next bus to the next stop and update our trip. We inquired about our missing luggage here as well as the last two stops on our journey. Nobody had our luggage. We did everything Greyhound "told us to do". Every Greyhound representative was disinterested in helping, almost to the point of rudeness. Pushing us off to another station or telephone number.

We had a two part trip planned with the first leg stopping in Cincinnati OH to visit family and then we were booking on to Denver for Christmas and and Vegas for New Years. We had to stay in Cincinnati because the ID for the other traveling companion was in one of the carry-ons. (Yup stupid) When we had obtained another ID we booked our trip to Vegas for New Years... that got snowed out! Ultimately, we never made it to Vegas and Greyhound would only give me a credit voucher (they couldn't make it through, it wasn't my fault). Still didn't get our bags.

I emailed Greyhound and received a response that Greyhound is not responsible for lost/stolen items. Ummmm, I didn't lose them. Greyhound left without me. A representative told me that every carry-on is supposed to leave with me at each stop. (although the bus driver said ok to leave on bus) That would be an interesting event if every bus really adopted this practice. It would take forever for people to unload/load at each stop.

When I called Greyhound today, I found out that not 1, you got that right, NOT 1 person ever documented even 1 of my calls, especially when I was frantic about being abandoned. Pretty sad considering I had contact with over 20 Greyhound representatives on the phone that day that could have been proactive in this matter. Because items were carry-on, no tracer tags were attached. Note: be sure to at least put your own tags on your bags for identification. (it still may not matter because one of my bags had personal identification in it).

The icing on the cake: When baggage is not collected at the individual bus terminals after about 30 days, they are sent to the Greyhound warehouse in Texas. If after about 90 days the unclaimed items are then AUCTIONED OFF BY GREYHOUND! It's a win, win situation for Greyhound! I called again today and only after extreme persistence by me, I got the representative to open a tracer for me to the warehouse. Was given a tracer number BUT... I won't hear anything unless they find something. I have some very specific items that were in these bags that if they were "itemized" by Greyhound, they would surely stand out.

So in conclusion, I've lost a monetary value for the items in my bags, hours lost due to poor phone customer service, hours lost at terminals for help that wasn't going to be given anyway and extreme frustration at Greyhounds service overall. Unless the earth opens up and Greyhound pulls a rabbit out of its hat (or my luggage from its warehouse), I will likely never use them again. As always, buyer beware and READ EVERYTHING! Be prepared because there isn't anyone else watching your back. Yes, I do believe there should be responsibility on my part, like tags! It is not a customer service world out there anymore, it's more on how the company can protect itself. No employee wants to assume the responsibility either due to "ramifications" either by the company or the customer. All I wanted was some help.

Greyhound Company Information