1.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1583 Greyhound Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I am disgusted at the way Greyhound treated me today. I am a 29 year old pregnant handicap woman with a service dog traveling from Orlando, FL to Newark, NJ. Everything was fine until we stop at a gas station at Stoney Creek, VA. The bus driver told the passengers we could take a 10 min break. So I got off the bus went into the gas station with my service dog and got me a sandwich. By the time I went back out the bus was already gone. I called Greyhound customer service number and they told me to catch a cab if I wanted to make it to the next Greyhound station. So I did. I paid an extra $65 to ride all the way to Richmond, VA which was 25 to 30 mins away.

When I got to the bus station and spoke to the desk people which were really rude to me. They informed me my transfer bus was here but my personal belongings were left of the other bus. So that means my seizure medicine and prenatal vitamins, dog food and treats were all riding on a bus that I would never get on again. This is a 28 hr trip and I spent $150 plus an extra $65 for a cab ride after I was left stranded. Greyhound can’t find my luggage or medicine and were extra rude during the process. I WILL NEVER RIDE GREYHOUND EVER AGAIN. Their customer service is PATHETIC!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The drivers was rude as hell. They give no ** about you or your stuff. We got to Amarillo TX and we was there for layover for about an hour. They told us to leave our stuff on the bus, we will reboard the same bus and then I see my bag getting placed on another bus and when I told driver that’s my bag the ** ignored me and got on the bus and drove the ** off and now when I keep calling to get resolution to try to get my luggage they say, "Oh sorry sir we can’t find your luggage." They have no sympathy or empathy. Worse company to go through for travelers. Bunch of morons that drives and the customer service they sucks **. I am going to sue their **.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My husband and I traveled on this service 10th October 2018, what a shocking experience this was. The Memphis bus station is like a third world experience. We paid for priority boarding which we didn't get and after the Mexicans were all boarded first there were 7 seats left so we boarded the bus only to find we had to sit separately for the whole trip. Nobody helped us with any questions we had and totally didn't want to be there. They were extremely rude to us and it was shocking experience and ruined what should have been great for a couple from Australia. Never ever again would I do it and I urge other people not to do it either.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We booked return bus fares online for Denver to Idaho Springs - leaving early and returning at 5pm the same day. The tickets said the service would be provided by a partner bus service i.e. Bustard. The trip to Idaho Springs was uneventful but the return trip never happened. The 5pm Bustard bus arrived and although there were spare seats they said the bus was full and left us behind. We were told to wait for the next bus. There was no next bus scheduled that night! Numerous calls to Bustard who said it was Greyhound’s problem and Greyhound who said it was Bustard's problem.

Greyhound finally said there is one last bus at 7pm. We sought assurances that the bus would come - it drove straight through on the highway and did not even stop at Idaho Springs, the only way we got home is a kind lady at the petrol station going to Denver gave us a lift. The lady behind the counter at the petrol station says they leave people behind all the time. The worst part was the overseas call centres for Bustard and Greyhound - when our frantic calls for help were too much for them they said ‘we will transfer you to someone who can help’ and then hung up on us. Once - maybe an accident but 5 times? Short story they didn’t know what to do with us so one of their call centre instructions must be ‘just say you are transferring and hang up on them’. Terrible customer service, do not care about the customer, take no responsibility - never ever ever ever use!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

June 5, 2018, paid $64.65 In Hampton, Virginia to send a package to Katy, Texas with Greyhound Package Express. On October 26, 2018, received a maximum allowable $300 check from Greyhound Package Express for lost package. Goods valued at $426. To date, have not received credit card refund of shipping cost of $64.65 even though required form 4102-U has been completed and signed by Greyhound Package Express in Houston, and sent via post and email to Greyhound Package Express in Dallas, Texas. A Better Business Bureau Complaint was filed. Better Business Bureau responded that the elapsed time expired without Greyhound Package Express responding as required to the complaint.

Complaint also filed with the Attorney General of Texas, Ken Paxton. Per Greyhound Package Express, "Refund Procedures: If Greyhound Package Express fails to deliver the shipment as contracted in any other service level, a refund of the total shipping charges and fees will be made to the paying party." Unfortunately, Greyhound Package Express does not follow their own guidelines. I still have not received a refund for the paid shipping fees. The time and hassle involved with Greyhound Package Express is NOT worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I recently traveled from Atlanta, GA to Memphis, TN as I usually do via Greyhound. If I could give a negative 10 rating, I would. The last two times prior was a bad experience with delayed buses but this last time, Monday, took the cake. Many people were stranded with no bus in sight from 9 pm until 8 and 9 a.m. including me. The security guard got in a fight with a customer who just wanted his money back. (It's on World Star Hip Hop now). Greyhound reps weren't even courteous enough to offer a coffee at least for the inconvenience OR A FOOD voucher. No buses were available. A woman was trying to get to a funeral. It was just horrible. NOT to mention they never have enough people working. One person or two on one register helping each other. Never opening several lines to expedite things. They're always rude. Just horrible. I usually ride Greyhound everywhere but I'm done. I'll fly or rent a car from now on. You get what you pay for.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My daughter purchased an online ticket through Greyhound to go back to Pittsburgh from Norristown. We arrived 20 minutes early and waited in the parking lot. 15 minutes after the scheduled departure time, a gentleman runs through the parking lot to the side street behind the transportation center. It turns out it was the bus driver. We watched him run back to a bus that had stopped in the middle of a street with its hazards on. We thought he would pull the bus into the parking lot since he saw us waiting there. He did not. He got on the bus and drove away.

I called customer service and after being told many times “there’s nothing I can do for you until 24 hours after the trip”, I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was very insulting and would not help. He also told me to call back 24 hours later so that they would have a chance to “investigate”. I told him that his investigation would only be one sided because he didn’t want any information from me - he just wanted the dispatcher’s information regarding when and where the bus stopped. I told him I wanted a refund. He told me he could not do that and continued to get increasingly rude. Please, do not use Greyhound!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I wish I had looked at this website before booking my ticket. Like the other reviews have mentioned, Greyhound has very much inconvenienced me. I scheduled a bus ride from West Lafayette to Nashville. Once we arrived to Indianapolis for a stopover, I patiently waited to get on the bus again. After 50 minutes I decided to approach the front desk on why the bus wasn't here. The lady there said the bus was cancelled. However, they didn't inform any of the passengers prior, I had to go up to the front desk to even find this out. So they rerouted us to catch the bus to Nashville in Cincinnati, which is very much out of the way and extends the trip by 7 hours.

As a college student, I was counting on getting to my city on time in order to get to class that morning. We arrived in Cincinnati around 4 am where we told again that the bus to Nashville was cancelled. The only options available were a bus scheduled to leave at 11:30 am and get to Nashville at 7:00 pm. This would be over 24 hours of journeying for me including the stopover. To make matters worse, I only received $30 in a refund although the trip all together was $60. Overall, I wouldn't recommend anyone uses greyhound.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was traveling from Chicago to Montreal. In between, Toronto to Ottawa hop was actually from 2:30pm to 7:30pm. But my bus driver drove in wrong direction for so long in Toronto, that I reached Ottawa at 10:25pm. What a disgrace Greyhound? They don’t have experienced drivers and God bless they don’t even know the route. He was searching for Highway of Heroes - 401. Who in Toronto doesn’t know how to get on 401? They don’t have printed maps neither GPS. My 24 hour ride has to end 27 hours. It’s terrible to travel for so many hours. Imagine if the mid-routing occurs with Flights or trains? Will they let it happen? How serious that would be? Just because this is a bus doesn’t mean an enquiry isn’t necessary. They should hire experienced drivers and avoid such a disgrace.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My mother traveled with Greyhound from Cali to NC. In Pheonix, AZ as her bus was pulling out of the station, she told the driver her luggage was on a cart being left at the station & if they could stop to put the bags on the bus. The driver told her, "it will follow you, don't worry". She trusted the driver, & they left. The bus broke down in Alabama, she was stuck for 5 hours with no cash (she had spent the last of her cash in AZ & her card was marked as a flag from her bank because she was using it in "random" states) so I had called the place she ate at & paid for her meal over the phone.

She was going to be late arriving to her station in NC, so family picked her up in ATL. It has been 5 months (June 15) since she last saw her luggage. It has been 4 months (July 15) since she has filed a claim (that Greyhound told her to do) & we have yet to hear anything. We have called every week (sometimes multiple times a week) & everyone tells us the same thing. No updates are available.

After doing some research, I have learned that Greyhound sends their luggage to a warehouse in Dallas, TX where regular, everyday people go to bid on a pallet of luggage. My mother had her medical records, (She has Lupus, survived breast cancer, & has glaucoma) her living will, her jewelry, her clothes (she got home with literally 1 outfit to her name & a pair of sandals), sentimental items that my great grandparents & great great parents have left to her, etc... Things that cannot be replaced. I just got off the phone with Greyhound who have said the same thing "there are no updates".

So I called an attorney. We will be filing a lawsuit against Greyhound unless someone calls us to give us updates within 2 weeks. Did I mention that the Greyhound people that we speak to are all in India & none of them give a ** less about their customers? Buses are broken down & rundown, some drivers (one of my mother's drivers) was actually drunk (she could smell the alcohol on their breath) & a group of younger men were in the back smoking **.

So not only did they lose my mother's stuff, things that she CANNOT get back (not only because Greyhound are bunch of dumbasses who don't know their ** from a hole in the ground, nor care about their customers & getting their belongings back to them) but they also put her life as well as everyone else's lives on that bus in danger by allowing a DRUNK BUS DRIVER get behind the wheel. Greyhound will be hearing from my attorney soon & if anyone else would like to jump aboard this "Greyhound screwed me & now I'm pissed" train, please contact me! Twitter handle is **, let me know how pissed you are! #StrengthInNumbers

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Never again Greyhound Bus!!!! Greyhound left my daughter and niece stranded at the bus station in Newark, NJ. in the middle of the night. They kept telling them a bus was coming and it never came. They also had the audacity to close the station an hour early and put dozens of people out in the cold. To make matters worse, they told me there was nothing they could do, and the girls had to wait until the station reopened at 6am to request seats on another bus for 7:30 or 9:00am. I had to call a hotel and plead with them to let me get a room for my underage girls (20/20).

Thank God for blessing me with a hotel staff member who sympathized with our situation and helped me get my girls off the cold street full of nagging drug addicts. They were afraid!! This is a horrible experience that I demand apologies and compensation for. I cannot sleep because I don't know what my child's day will be like when the station opens in the morning. #Greyhoundbusputspeopleindangeroussituations #Greyhoundbusleftmygirlsonthecoldstreetwithdrugaddicts.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Our driver made us late to our destination. Connection already left. 3 hour layover, brand new schedule that got me back 11 hours later than I was supposed to return. Late everywhere. Drove on I-20. 5 people on the bus. Drove past my exit onto COLUMBIA. Begged driver to merely pull over at my exit where my husband would be waiting so he wouldn’t have to drive 40 miles to Columbia to get me and 40 miles back. He refused. AC out on one bus. Almost passed out. All buses/terminals filthy. Workers/drivers do not care. Think I smelled alcohol on one. Smelled weed on bus. Nasty. Horrible. WALK before Greyhound!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Left Atlantic City around 1:30 pm around in Phil around 2:40 pm. Driver say be on bus at 2:55 pm so he can leave at 3:00 pm. Arrived to Baltimore Downtown around 4:30 pm. Guess what??? NO LUGGAGE. ONE BAGGAGE MADE IT BUT NOT THE OTHER ONE. Don't no one know what happen... Hell how did it happen??? We didn't transfer to another bus... So what the ** happen??? Where is the bag... THIS IS THE WORSE EXPERIENCE I HAD FROM GREYHOUND. All my personal things, gone. Calling to Philly... Don't nobody asking the phone.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I started my travel in Indianapolis In heading to Pensacola for a quick job. The staff at the Indianapolis station were beyond helpless besides the security guards. The 4 stops after that just got worse and worse. The first stop in Louisville was suppose to be for 20 minutes, we were there for an hour. The second stop in Nashville was a 30 minute stop that turned into a 2 hr stop. Our third stop was in Birmingham, it was suppose to be a quick 10 stop. They told everyone it would be quick. We were just switching drivers, that turned into an hour and 48 minutes, which we were then told to return to our bus and get our belongings because we were switching buses. All of everyone’s belongings that was under the bus, we were told would be right behind us and meet us in Montgomery.

We get there and that bus is nowhere around and nobody knows where anyone’s stuff went to. There was a group of people there waiting because their bus going to Atlanta had malfunctions so they had to get a different bus for them. We were suppose to be in Montgomery for 30 minutes. They gave our bus to the people who had been waiting and we had to wait A bus for us showed up for us 3 hrs and 46 minutes later to which we were told it’s going to be first come first served because the seats were limited, yes I rushed right on it.

So we finally get to the next stop, Mobil, again we were told our bus had already left so they were trying to get us bus. We got there at 6:12 the bus they had coming for us would not arrive until after midnight but before 1. I had been dealing with these people for almost 24 hrs, I got on the bus in Indianapolis at 9:50 the night before, and had enough. I called my sister to tell her where I was and her and my brother in law thankfully were able to make it to me within an hour. I did not wait for the bus from Mobile to Pensacola and did not even attempt to take the buses back home the following week due to the fact I had to be back in Indiana by a certain time and couldn’t risk them making me miss sending my daughter off to college.

Instead I had to rent my friend a car and have her drive to Pensacola to pick me up. NEVER EVER EVER will I step foot on a Greyhound. Their drivers alone turned me off from them and their lack of actually wanting to stick to schedule they give us. They talk to people like they are trash and beneath them, if you are polite to them they laugh at you. You can not ask them any questions, they will scream at you and tell you if you ask any more questions you are off the bus. Don’t do it, save yourself from the stress.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The bus trip was from Georgia to New Jersey. The bus broke down and that was the last time I knew where my luggage was. It was shipped separately to Wilmington Delaware and the second of 2 bags was sent to Atlantic City, NJ. I recovered one bag but three months later the other is still missing. The ridiculous thing is that no one seems to care. I also get the sense that this happens so often that no Greyhound employee is alarmed - it's like they expect it and are weary from previous efforts to reunite bags with owners. I would also surmise that Greyhound knows the socio-economic makeup of their customers and know that their customers do not have the resources or the knowledge to navigate a broken system. So they don't care about missing luggage. They just send it all to a warehouse in Dallas, Texas.

Now understand that most of the luggage have name tags. Wouldn't you think that Greyhound would employ people to match the luggage to owners by the name tags? Nope. They just don't give a damn. And get ready to waste a full day trying to locate anyone who will help. Most of your calls will be routed out of the country! Other numbers will not be answered. If you try to use the internet Greyhound gives themselves 6 weeks to reply! OMG. This may be the worst service provider in America. It's like dealing with a company in the third world. Greyhound is astonishingly bad. Inept. Uncaring. Horrible.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Time after time I've used Greyhound & each time the experience is worse and worse. They are NOT trained in customer service - they are trained only in taking your money. After a 4.5 hour trip turned into a 8 hour trip, you'd think that would be the worst part. No! It was dealing with the actual customer service rep & her supervisor. They were rude & nasty as if they were bothered that I was even calling them. After explaining myself multiple times, the supervisor told me that I have to call back later & file a complaint after 9:00 PM... First off...Who is up at 9:00 PM to even have the energy to call a company to file a complaint. Secondly, why would someone ever want to continue to deal with a company who could care less about you a customer. Hands down THE WORST COMPANY TO DO ANY BUSINESS WITH.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

A very inhuman act from the Greyhound was witnessed. I booked the bus from New York (GW terminal) to Hartford scheduled date 7th October 10 PM. We kept waiting at the bus stop from 9:30 PM to 1:30 AM and there is no show of the bus. Mind you, I was not alone, there were more than 25 people (with no relation to me) were waiting for the same bus from last 3 hours at the same bus stop. Checked the Greyhound window but it was closed and nobody was there. Called the customer care few times and their ** customer care did not provide any resolution to the problem and left more than 25 people on road for whole night. It was ridiculously notable that customer care was offering us to take the next bus which was at 9:30 AM next morning. I literally banged my head with wall.

The guard closed the bus terminal at 1:30 AM so we were outside the terminal. No hotel was available to spend the night in no less than 400$ in New York. Finally few people went back to the place from where they are coming, few somehow took the shelter somewhere. Since I had to catch the flight tomorrow morning from Hartford so I took the Uber and spent a good amount to reach home. Now, all 25 Outrageous people who suffered from Greyhound’s negligence are coming together and thinking to file a lawsuit for their inhuman behavior. This will definitely be the last time I will ever travel with Greyhound.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I purchased a ticket from Tucson to Denver 3 days before departure. When I arrived at the depot I was told the bus (which hadn't come in yet) might be overfull and that possibly I couldn't get a seat. The bus from Phoenix that I was to take arrived almost an hour late, and, much to my disgust, I could not be given a seat. Keep in mind I already had a ticket!! I was told the next bus was 10 hours later, at 11 at night. I asked if I came back for that one could I definitely be given a seat. The agent said "probably, " but could not guarantee it. She offered a refund which I accepted. They are lucky I didn't trash the bus depot. I very much wanted to. If I had come back at 11 that night and was still not given a seat I would have ** the agents and trashed the depot as much as possible.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

On 10/5/18 our bus 2 & a half hours late on departure due no driver, said they were waiting for driver to come downstairs - pure lie - there was no driver. They flew a driver out from LA. So the problem was already in the making before we even arrived at Port Authority in NY. Employees of Greyhound treated us passengers as if we were wrong for asking questions and continued to lie about said situation.

Our departure was scheduled for 5:15, for which we departed at 7:45, on a bus with no restroom access for use. Come to find out they only had to unlock restroom door. We were on a 14 hr drive with one stop scheduled. The driver from LA just flew in and was tired and still drove 14 hrs to Cleveland, Ohio from NY, not very safety concessions about passenger safety in my opinion. I missed connecting bus therefore missed my niece's wedding! When filing complaint on following day I was told SORRY and given a $15 voucher on next travel with Greyhound. Why would I or anyone want to travel again under these circumstances. Very poor quality of professional conduct on Greyhound's behalf for service and passenger safety!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Throughout my past 5 trips, all buses arrived late from 15 minutes up to 2 hours. Mind you, this has happened throughout ALL 5 consecutive trips. I once ordered a ticket and the website crashed and said that the payment wasn't processed, it charged me for the tickets I booked (I knew that after checking my bank app). I had to stay on the line for 25 minutes trying to solve the problem. Very inconvenient, do not ride with this bus line if you're trying to avoid these problems.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought my ticket to Montreal 2 weeks ago for the wedding of a friend. Today I go to Port Authority and we start to board almost 30 minutes late. The guy checking the ID denied me the entrance to the bus because I didn't have a Canadian visa. At that moment I never knew the existence of a Canadian Visa (first time ever I go to Canada). Now... in every company that does international trips to United States you have a special information for Non-US citizens that you need to have a US Visa before you buy the ticket. At Greyhound the only thing that says in their webpage is "Valid Passport, ticket and address in Canada". They do have a link that leads to the US Border website that ONLY talks about US Citizens. This same night I went through at least 7 different people in the company that said that I could and I couldn't do the trip. Honestly if a company has that bad communication and information, I'll definitely never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The bus in Toronto showed up an hour late. The bus driver was a complete ** to a ** family for no reason other than them complaining about the bus being late which everyone else did. Greyhound employs racist drivers. When trying to make a new connection, Greyhound refused to charter a new bus putting over 50 people on a 6:15 am or 1:05 pm bus that was compared to the 10:35 pm bus we were supposed to take the night before. All the customer service agents were **. Half of the bus features did not work (i.e. Wi-fi, plugs, lights). HA WHAT A ** SERVICE.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

The Amarillo bus station is SO FILTHY and SMELLY!! My gosh. Can someone PLEASE CLEAN IT UP!! How is it so difficult to keep the place clean. I am currently on a bus from the Amarillo to El Paso and I am so disappointed. Inside the bus is so dirty and stinky. You need to see the windows, the seats and the floors. This is so disgusting. How can I travel in bus without a toilet for an 8-hrs trip with my 3 year old son? If that isn't wickedness then I dunno it is. I had to complain to the driver at one of the stops. And guess what he said? "I have complained about how dirty Amarillo bus station is but no 1 listens". This will definitely be the last time I will ever travel with Greyhound.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My sister booked a last minute trip to New York last night, when I view the information I realized it will take me 5 hrs, I have a injured back and I’m unable to sit for that long. I called to cancel the trip and was told I can only reschedule for a different date $20??? I will not use or recommend this company to anyone. This is theft. Outrageous.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My bus was scheduled to begin boarding at 11.40 pm and depart at 12 pm, but at 12.05 pm the bus had not arrived and no announcement about its delay had been made. I tried asking the ticketing counter at 12.20pm, but was surprised to learn that no one had access to the bus’ status except for the manager. I was told my request would be passed on. Finally, 10 minutes after my inquiry, I heard a brief announcement that the bus would be delayed for one hour but without any explanation as to the reason. That was 12:35 pm. At 2 pm, there was still no bus, no announcement, and I went to the office window to make my inquiry again. But I was rudely yelled at to “JUST TAKE A SEAT AND WAIT!”

I protested that we passengers have the right to be informed and should not be treated with such contempt and disrespect. Hearing that, a female staff member offered to pass my inquiry to the manager who gave another brief announcement 10 minutes later, once again without explanation for the delay. The long-awaited bus finally pulled out of the station at 2:40 pm and I reached Columbus, Ohio 3 hours later than the scheduled arrival time. Never have I have I experienced such poor service from a transportation company in any other city. I have to wonder if it wasn't Detroit Bus Station, which serves predominantly people **, but another bus hub, would Greyhound still treat its customers with such discourtesy?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I travel to Cheyenne, Wyoming once a month to visit my older sister and our 92 year old mother. Over the last six months my return trip to Colorado Springs, CO has been so late as to strand me in my layover city of Denver, CO overnight, or the bus has been cancelled without notifying travelers, as was the case on September 24th, 2018. Greyhound has no employees in Cheyenne. So when buses are late or cancelled there is no one to tell the travelers. At 4:30 on the 24th I and other stranded travelers began calling the Greyhound customer service line asking what we were to do now. They stated that we would have to wait 24 hours to seek a resolution to the problem. I was additionally told that Greyhound would not provide me a room at a nearby inexpensive motel until the 4:55 a.m. bus the next morning. This was unsatisfactory to me. So I asked the young lady I was speaking to transfer me to her supervisor.

I quickly discovered that their pro forma response was that their supervisor would tell me the same thing as they were telling me. I responded that I understood, but that I wanted to speak with their supervisor, assuring them that I was not upset with them. After much waiting, I was finally transferred to a supervisor; I spoke with three supervisors that night. The attitude of the final supervisor I spoke to, a Mrs. **, was so clearly a "tough luck Charlie", passive aggressive one and clearly non-service oriented that I allowed myself to be infuriated by her. She claimed she had no supervisor and finally hung up on me. That action has prompted me to declare I will NEVER ride Greyhound again.

Their inability to keep to schedules and their laissez-faire attitude toward their customers will, I believe, eventually lead to their demise as a company. I held at one time the position of Administrative Supervisor at the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at UCLA. I am not a person used to being treated like a nobody. From now on I will be traveling by Bustang (CO) and Express Arrow. The extra few dollars will be worth the tranquility.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I broke down driving from Seattle to Fort Myers Florida. So as a knee-jerk reaction I bought a bus ticket because there was a bus terminal in town. I was in Coeur d' Alene Idaho at the time. The first bus went fine. No issues. But after that, oh boy. I got on the second bus. Visually, it wasn't appealing, seats were horribly cramped and uncomfortable. Then it started moving. This bus shook so bad I thought for sure the wheels would come off. I had to ride that way from Billings Montana to Minneapolis Minnesota.

By the time we got to Minnesota I was sick. The bouncing gas upset my stomach so bad you was ready to vomit. I don't get carsick. This wasn't normal. The next bus, well, is taking me from Minneapolis to Chicago. It rides smoother, but it's raining out. It is also raining in the bus. Several other riders and myself are constantly getting dripped on or just outright poured on. At what point did I enter a third world country? I will get to transfer again in Chicago. I can't wait to see what happens next. The previous bus also didn't have any working charging outlets. That seems common from what I have read. I think it had WiFi but couldn't tell because it never had a internet connection. My phone did better on its own.

All in all, I would rate this a 0 on a scale of 1 to anything. I already wrote the CEO with my concerns as well as the customer deflection department. They aren't customer service because they are powerless to do anything but say sorry. Their purpose is to get you to go away and leave the office staff along with complaints. If they really cared, customer service would have so ability to deal with complaints in a productive way, not just apologize and give you a reference number. Honestly, that's insulting.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

If you want to get somewhere even moderately on time, do not use this service. I’ve been using Greyhound consistently for the past couple months. Rarely are the buses on time, and when they are late it’s usually an hour or more. How are you consistently an hour late on your second stop of the day? The staff is generally nice but that’s really the only positive. Additionally, don’t trust their website - there is no “WiFi on board” and frequently the power outlets don’t work. It’s one thing to be consistently late, it’s another to completely lie on your website. I would rate Greyhound zero stars if this was an option. Use any other bus service. Or at least one that apologizes for being late and doesn’t lie on their website.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

People, please do not get on Greyhound. They are not like they use to be. Understaff. (Drivers) You will not get to your destination on time. Staff is wonderful. But not enough drivers. I was suppose to get to my destination exactly 48 hours. They were late. Every time a lot of layover. I talked to several people. One guy I talked to has been on the bus 5 days and he finally got off in Tucson, Arizona and hitch a ride from a trucker. I met a elderly lady trying to get from Louisiana to California. She has been on the bus 4 days and she was nowhere near California. I got off in El Paso, Texas and my daughter came and got me from Oklahoma. Thanks Greyhound for a rotten time. Greyhound should not book people until they get this straighten up. You costed me more money by paying for my daughter to come and get me and buying a motel for the night. I will never ride Greyhound again but thanks to them I will ride airlines.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Stranded in Titusville, Florida due to car breaking down on I95. Bought Greyhound ticket, asked for Akron Ohio or Cleveland, Ohio, as both would get me to destination. Asked for the first bus out which was Akron at 3:15 Pm. Bus station is gas station. Sat in baking sun. Bus arrived an hour and a half late causing me to miss all other bus transfers starting in Jacksonville, FL. at 4:10 PM. Was told no other buses out until 3:05 AM the next day. I asked if I could take a bus to Cleveland sooner. They said my ticket was Akron and they would not accommodate me. I asked for my money back and they told me it was not refundable. They reissued a new ticket for Akron only taking me way out of way on route through Baltimore, into Pittsburgh arriving in Akron 5:50 AM.

Original ticket arrival was Akron 3:15 PM 9/28/18. Second ticket to arrive 5:50 AM 9/30/18 causing me a delay of over 38 hours. I chose to Uber to airport and rent a car and did not use ticket of such long delay with no sleep accommodation, food, and had to be home. Customer service refusing to give money back! How do I sue them? This is all due to driver hour and half late and no fault of mine! How can they just rip me off over $200 for ticket and keep my money?

Greyhound Company Information