Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.23/5
Based on 2,073 ratings submitted in the last year

Greyhound Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I live on a remote Island for six months out of the year so I purchased a bus ticket so that I could leave and travel to my other home for the remainder of the year. However, I needed to change the date of my ticket and noticed that I wasn't able to do that unless I went to a station. Their closest station is three hours away from me so that wouldn't work. I called customer service and asked what they could do for me and they said they could charge me $20 to change my ticket to the day before but the ticket that's for the day before is only $30 altogether which is $80 less than my original ticket. They wouldn't refund me or waive the $20 fee for me to change my ticket. So all in all they just want to keep taking your money and not offer any sort of refund. I sincerely hope they get bought out or run out of business. This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Their customer service sucks.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I have a booked a ticket from Greyhound for traveling between Fayetteville, Arkansas to Portland, Oregon. My date of travel is 10/18/2019. I paid 178.99 dollars for the trip. Today I called to the customer service and asked, "Can you cancel my trip and refund if it is possible." So she said that it is not Possible. I asked for any alternative because I have want to change the destination to Michigan. I asked for same day. "Can you change the destination." The cost for the trip showing Around 70 dollars. Again she said it is not possible. SO I said I will not use greyhound service for future trips. She says, "Thank you."

Vamsi

Confirmation Number for ticket: **.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

This franchise needs to be shut down!!!! The way they run business is a disappointment. I waited for hours and never received an alert or update on where the bus was. I end up calling and they tell me there is NO DRIVER!!! Are you kidding me?!! Not only did they give me a hard time refunding my money they DO NOT compensate anything for the inconvenience. Customer Service is horrible!! They barely speak English and it’s like talking to a robot. Greyhound you should be ashamed on how you treat people. I really hope that this business gets new ownership or shut down. My advice for future customers is DO NOT drop a penny in this business, if you can find another way to get to your destination take it! A plane, train or another bus company, NOT GREYHOUND!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

The company doesn't count how many tickets they sell. There is a chance you won't even be able to get on a bus. I booked a trip from Montreal to New York and after showing up 20 minutes before boarding I wasn't able to get on the first THREE buses because of the overwhelming amount of tickets sold. I was stuck there until almost 5 am waiting for a bus. I had to cancel the trip because my short vacation wasn't worth it anymore.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

My entire brand new summer wardrobe, as well as gifts for my family & some irreplaceable items, was (not lost but) stolen from the cargo hold in downtown St Louis on August 1st. When I arrived at the downtown St Louis terminal around 3:30am one of Greyhound's employees transferred my luggage from one bus to the bus I would take to the airport at 7:45am. However, that employee left the cargo hold opened and unattended for that 4 hours. When I expressed my concern over the situation I was told there was nothing I could do about it.

Well their lack of security left me with the clothes on my back and one other change of clothes. I filed a claim with them in a timely manner but now they say they can't find my claim and have to fax my claim form to them and wait another 90 days before I receive a response. This experience has cost me well over $1200 by the time I replaced my suitcase and the contents and the most they say they will reimburse is $250. There is no way to place a dollar amount on the stress their negligence has caused. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and am also checking with an attorney to see what other options I might have. To say I am livid is a gross understatement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I booked a first ticket online on Sept 12 2019 for one-way travel on Sept. 14, 2019 from WPB to PDX, one senior passenger with fare $249.50. I was to pick up my ticket at the station. The confirmation number was: **. The ticket did say “nonrefundable.” The night before the trip, I took my usual prescription meds that also help me sleep. This time though I got confused and for the first time ever, swallowed a double dose of sleeping meds. I woke up the next day at one pm Sept 14 2019, one hour before my bus departure from WPB.

I thought it highly unlikely that I could make it to Greyhound in time, so I called Greyhound, thinking that they would reticket me for a fee. I did not want a refund, just a new date/time. The customer agent said that my ticket was completely nonrefundable. Also, I would not be allowed to pay $20 fee to reticket, but that my only choice was to buy another ticket, which I reluctantly did.

I bought ticket #2 on the phone Sept 14 2019, confirmation number ** for $262 and then had my ticket printed out at the WPB Greyhound ticket the next day. I departed on my trip Sept 15 2019 at 2pm from WPB to PDX, realizing that I had just bought two tickets for one senior trip which cost me twice = $249.50 + $262 = $511.50. This does not feel fair to me. It simply isn’t right. Along my journey in the St. Louis bus station, I heard on their intercom: “If you miss the bus, it’s $20!.” I thought when I heard this, “Sure didn’t happen to me!” I maintain that I am entitled to refund of ticket #2 of $262 minus any fees to reticket, only because I was forced to pay twice. Carol

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

From the second I tried to book a ticket online I was having issues and had to call customer service. She was extremely rude and was trying to have us pay an extra $15 for a service fee for terrible service. Ended up hanging up and trying to fix the problem myself. Finally thought I had the correct information and when I clicked the pay button there was an error code something saying the server had failed and the web browser was not compatible. Decided to try and do it again on chrome which worked and I was finally able to book the tickets.

Not long after I checked my email and saw I received not one but two confirmation emails. They charged my card even though the website didn't work and didn't tell me the booking was confirmed. Might I add the tickets went up in price when I looked them up again so I payed even more the second time. 10-14 business days just to get my money back. Get on the bus finally later that day and the bus driver is arguing with a woman and yelling at everyone else on the bus. He was extremely rude and not only that but more than half the outlets don't work and it didn't even have wifi which it states very clear on the website that they're supposed to offer wifi. I am completely dissatisfied with my service. Would NOT recommend to anyone given I should've read the reviews first.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

OK here is my story. My bus was supposed to show up Friday at 9:10 pm. When it hadn't shown up by 9:50 I called them. They said it was delayed. I called back at 10:15 for more information. I stayed on the phone with them almost constantly for the next 4 hours, until 2 am. I was told the bus was broken down and still at the previous station an hour away. I continued to have them call that station to check on the status for the next few hours. I was told several times that the bus was still broken down, and would be coming. I sat outside, in the dark, cold, and alone in the inner city waiting for the bus for hours. As a young woman I was very afraid and worried about my safety. But the agents kept assuring me it would come. It never did.

The next day I called for a refund, where I was told that the bus had come 105 minutes late. Meaning at 10:55. I was on the phone with them literally moments before where they opened up a case stating that the bus was delayed/still at station an hour away. No one the entire night ever said the bus had left the station. In fact I was told at midnight the bus was still in Boston. Now they say that since the system says the bus came that I can not get a refund. This is fraud and a scam!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I paid to get to south station on Boston at 5:10pm! Then I got there around 6:16! I lost my second bus! I asked on Greyhound tickets desk for support and they said that is nothing they can do about it. My conclusion is if you want to get somewhere on time you may use another bus line or get 4 hours early of the time to arrive.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

So I get to the 2nd bus I need to take to get to St Louis, Missouri. Which just so happen to be Chicago to my destination. This bus driver has a rude as whole attitude. So before she states, “If the air is too high let me know so I can it down.” So I wait ‘til we get to the first stop to ask if she can turn it down. She states, “I do not turn my air down in the front, so you will have to move to the back.” Not only that she has objects in both handicap seat including a sign in the handicap seat that states “Please do not sit here”. I mean come on now. The consumer tickets do pay your bills. SMH. Please speak to this driver about her customer service skill. I won't ever ride Greyhound after this trip.

Greyhound Company Information