3.12/5

1709 Greyhound Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Best bus driver EVER!! GLORIA IS AWESOME!!! KIND, HELPFUL, SAFE, ALWAYS A JOY!!! Greyhound can get some unsavory customers and Gloria handles every situation that comes along. She is fair, patient, and polite. She respects all passengers.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I got on bus 86476 in Boston Massachusetts and was blessed with an awesome bus driver by the name of Eileen **. She has made the end of our trip very pleasant. Our trip originated from Oklahoma City, OK. We had a fair share of good and bad on this trip but she made the end of our journey exciting. She has great people skills and explains everything in full detail. You should feel honored to have such a wonderful person working with you.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Traveled Monday, July 16, 2018, from Chicago to Toledo, Ohio. Bus ran on time (much to our relief having traveled Amtrak a few days earlier with a hefty delay). The bus itself was comfortable for an approximate 5-hour ride. It looked a little older, but was clean and had outlets.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I recently traveled from NYC to Rochester, having arrived in NYC after a 13 hour flight. First, the woman at the counter was uninterested in selling us tickets - had we known what the trip would be like, we wouldn't have insisted! But we did get tickets and ran to catch the bus, only to stand in line for 40 minutes as the bus was delayed. Predictably, no information was given to the passengers.

On board, the bus was filthy. I couldn't tell you the last time it was cleaned - stains were clearly visible on all paneling. The plexiglass panel between the driver and passengers was cracked, held together only with duct tape in multiple places. The armrests had all disintegrated, leaving only hard plastic to lean on. Any cupholder or backseat pocket was long gone.

But the bathroom was the worst - so bad, that the entire bus smelled of sewage. I don't know when it was last cleaned, let alone emptied. The bus smelled front to back, and the back of the bus was hot, compounding the smell. Thank goodness we sat near the front - only the driver turned up the AC to combat the smell, so we froze. We, and all the other passengers, had to sit in these conditions for 7+ hours. Not a word from the driver - no acknowledgement or apology.

Customer service is a joke. The call center is clearly outsourced, run by people who have no authority or interest in helping. Though I made it very clear that I was not complaining about the delay, I was repeatedly told that "Greyhound is a transportation company; because you reached your destination, we cannot help you any further." When pressed, I was offered a small voucher for a fraction of the ticket cost. When I rejected this offer, I was told this was "all we can afford."

I asked them to note that I won't accept anything less than a full refund as I will never use Greyhound again if I can help it. Maybe someday someone at headquarters will read the note. I hope so, because my larger point is that these conditions are unacceptable. Greyhound's customers deserve better. It's appalling, and frankly inhumane, to treat people this way.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I recently visited NYC from Philadelphia and decided to take a Greyhound bus, which I've done many times before with little to no issues. This last trip, however, was completely different. My ticket back to Philly was for 11pm. I was at the terminal, waiting for my bus at 10:30, with only a few other people waiting for the same bus. At 10:57, a worker comes by and tells us the bus will be late as our driver was still on the Turnpike. Another half hour goes by, with no word on our driver, and one of the other passengers goes to the information desk to find out what was going on. The woman at the desk, who I later learned was named Godiva, tells him that she just got to the station and has no idea what's going on and proceeds to rudely walk away from him.

More time passes and we still haven't been given any information. At this point, it's been over an hour and no one working has had any information for us. At about 1am, one of the workers told us that at night, they are very short staffed and never have enough drivers for all the buses. Honestly, I believe Greyhound didn't have a driver for us because there were only 15 people who purchased tickets, and they would lose money for that trip. There were multiple buses that were delayed, but they all left the station before we did.

At about 1:30, two of the passengers spoke to Godiva again, asking her if she had any new information on our bus. This time she was a bit friendlier and they chatted for a few minutes. She told them that their best bet was to try to get on the 2:45 bus, which was the next bus out of NYC. At about 2am, still without any official word on what was going on with our bus, Godiva approached the guys she had been speaking with before and quietly took them aside and placed them in the middle of the line for the 2:45 bus. I saw all this and I was outraged. I approached the guys and asked them what she told them and they said she didn't say anything, just moved them to that line. She never even spoke to the rest of us, who were still patiently waiting for any news.

I decided that if she was going to let those guys on the next bus, we should all be able to get on. I went back to the line and told the rest of the paying customers that Godiva was letting 3 other passengers on another bus and we should all be allowed the same privilege. One of the passengers waiting was a mother traveling with her toddler and preteen daughter. If anyone should have been let on to the next bus, it should have been her.

When the 2:45 bus was boarding, all of us with 11pm tickets were pulled to the side and told we would be able to board the bus if there were enough extra seats. There weren't enough seats for all of us, and Godiva and the driver chose who would be let on to the bus. Of course two of the guys Godiva had spoken to were the first ones let on the bus, and the rest of us basically had to demand that the passenger with children be let on next. In the end, Godiva and the bus driver told us that if we wanted to get on another bus we had to go upstairs and exchange our ticket for a later one. I have two issues with this- first of all, it's not our fault that our driver never showed, so I don't see how it's our responsibility as the customer to fix Greyhound's mistake.

Secondly, we all would have exchanged our tickets much earlier if even just one of the many workers constantly walking back and forth through the station had ever told us to do that. No one told us anything. Everyone we spoke to kept telling us they didn't know anything. Even the supervisor at one point, when one of the passengers had to actually follow him onto an empty bus just to speak to him, told him that most likely we would all have to wait for the 2:45 bus. Even he didn't say anything about exchanging our tickets.

When we went upstairs to exchange our tickets for a later bus, the only available seats were for the 7am bus, so we had to spend the rest of the night in the station, and when asked if we could get our money back, we were refused. Honestly, I have been a loyal Greyhound customer for many years and I am outraged and appalled at how we were all treated, especially by Godiva. She had an attitude with everyone except the three guys she had a conversation with, and I think the fact that she tried to sneak them on the next bus while ignoring the rest of us, who all paid the same amount for our tickets and were waiting the same amount of time, is extremely unprofessional.

She needs to be reprimanded at the very least. I work in customer service and if I had treated my customers like that, I would be written up or fired. After this experience, I will never ride with Greyhound again. Clearly they don't really care about their customers and as long as they get their money, they are content with letting people wait for hours for any word on their delayed buses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: July 14, 2019

Hello. I purchased a Greyhound ticket from Clovis, NM to Chicago, IL round trip. The day of my departure and while waiting for bus to arrive (I was already waiting an hour prior to scheduled bus arrival, and received an urgent email alert in my personal email address with an orange highway worker's cone on it, 30 min before bus was scheduled to arrive) in Clovis, I received an email informing me that there had been a change to my trip and to call customer service, which I did while still waiting for bus. I read the urgent email to customer service rep..and of course after she apologized, she offered to change my scheduled trip to a later time or date. I informed this rep..that the Greyhound bus only stops in Clovis maybe 2 or 3 days out the week and while she checked this out the next bus departure would be the next week.

I also informed her that that wouldn't work for me,because I had just taken a few unpaid days from work to check on my parents who both were in the hospital, so explaining my urgency, and that this was not a leisure trip nor a pleasant trip altogether for me, I told her if I absolutely had to change schedule, I will rent a car, and I want to cancel my roundtrip with Greyhound, which was unrefundable, but due to the circumstances which they changed my schedule at the last minute, that I would be refunded my $200, I just have to wait after my return date so they can void out the ticket. Well, after calling back 5xs and emailing them 4xs the email that I had received, and what the first rep. and I discussed and agreed to. The last time calling them to check status, I was informed that my refund was denied. I will not recommend Greyhound to any. They steal your money and make it look legit, and they did not backup the email I received.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Crap and piss smell throughout entire bus. Bathroom overflowing and we only hour into our trip from Vegas to New York and no one has used the bathroom.... The bus is filthy. The most disgusting filthy bus I have ever seen... It hard to even explain and pray no one gets SICK.... The driver is great BUT I trying so hard not to throw up from the stench. This bus hasn't been cleaned or fixed in a very long time. Oh yeah and there's exposed outlets so make sure you watch your kids.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I'm used to rude employees and unreliable service...that's the Greyhound experience I've come to accept like a favorite dive bar. But this trip I was at the Atlanta station, and it was beyond description. I spent 9 awful hrs there Monday. There was a pregnant street mom and her 7 kids that is homeless and lives there. This was told to me by a woman with luggage and no ticket spending the day there also. There was an obviously mentally ill man walking in circles punching himself in the head in the food area. I swear I am not making this up. The security guard told me where to smoke and pointed me, with my luggage into a group of homeless crackheads who converged on me for change, cigarettes and trying to sell me drugs and eyeing my luggage.

The station itself could have been a B-movie set of a grimy disgusting bus stop but it was real. One stall in the men's room worked. The "restaurant" closed at 11 am at lunchtime?? A homeless woman outside ran up and started to pull her feces stained dress up unless someone gave her cigarettes. Security laughed and played along with her and said she just does it to get cigarettes and money from passengers. It was okay with security. I can go on and on. The guy smoking a joint in the smoking area, security just feet away and on and on. AVOID THIS PLACE UNLESS YOU JUST WANT THE EXPERIENCE. IT IS FILTHY, DANGEROUS AND DISGUSTING.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I've found only perfectly nice people working there; my problem isn't with the employees but with the company policies themselves. I took a bus from Baltimore to NYC a while ago. The bus was delayed departing by 40 minutes because, as we later found out, the AC on the bus wasn't working and Greyhound (the company, not the employees on site) didn't get us another bus. It was 95 degrees outside and way hotter in the bus. The Customer Service rep told us if we wanted to get off we could but all other trips to NYC were sold out for the day so they couldn't put us on another bus. She said she knew the conditions on the bus were unacceptable so we should call for our money back.

I thought it wouldn't be too bad, especially since they tried to open up the emergency exits as sun roofs for a breeze. Once it started to rain and we got drenched and had to close them it went from bad to unbearable. It was well over 100 degrees on that bus, humid (once we all got wet) and honestly - fairly dangerous, not just for us, but for the bus driver. My insulin, which should be refrigerated, is alright at room temp, but cannot get hot, was baking for hours (since we hit traffic).

I called to ask for my money back - as instructed both by the bus driver and the customer service rep on site in Baltimore - and the person on the phone said because it was delayed she could offer a $5 voucher but that's all since I was, in fact, able to get to NYC. Not the customer service rep's fault I'm sure, but honestly, if that's the company's policy, that's incredibly screwed up. Someone could have gotten hurt. The ice pack that I use to keep my insulin cool was hot. The ICE PACK. I can't use my insulin. If any elderly people were there there's a good chance they'd need to be hospitalized. We all tried to see customer service on site, but because of the delays they were closed by the time we arrived. The bus driver deserved hazard pay at a minimum. I have to buy more medication - which (famously) isn't cheap. But cool, Greyhound. Thanks for the $5 voucher.

Original review: July 10, 2019

If I could give less than a one-star rating, I would. I recently booked a trip with Greyhound and it literally could not have been a worse experience. Their employees hate their job and it's very noticeable. I was taking a trip from southern California to the Oregon coast. We were supposed to leave at 8:30 PM on Saturday night and get to our end destination on Sunday evening at 6:30 to be able to make it to work Monday morning. When we checked in at the Bakersfield station, the guy working the front counter told me, "Thank you for choosing Greyhound, we know this wouldn't be your first choice." and laughed. The first bus that was supposed to be us picking up was late, the employees told us they didn't know where the bus was, what happened to it or if it just skipped our stop. It arrived at 11 PM.

We finally got on the bus and made our way to Sacramento California where we arrived at 4:30 AM. The bus driver first told us we would be boarding a new bus in 10 minutes. Then told us to get food at Denny's or McDonald's while we wait for the new bus, then yelled at us while we were waiting outside and said we needed to wait inside for our number to be called. We then waited inside until 6:30 AM with no info on what was happening. I called support 4 times and all they could tell me was the original schedule or told me I was calling the wrong help number but couldn't connect me to the right helpline. We were stranded. When a employee finally came in, he was the only one working with a room FULL of angry confused people and he was no help.

He said our new bus wouldn't come in until 2:50 AM. And that WE missed the bus that was supposed to pick us up so we had to wait 20+ hours for the next bus unless we could talk a different bus driver into letting us on their bus to Eugene Oregon at 8:30 AM. Mind you that is almost 3 hours away from our end destination but we would have happily gotten on that bus if it meant getting closer to home. So I took my new ticket to that bus driver to ask if we could board that bus at the instruction of the other employee at the front desk. That's when the driver yelled at me to, "Get out of my face, I'm not dealing with you". I couldn't even get a word out, she just saw my ticket and snapped at me.

No one working there cared that we paid for this trip and were stranded in a city we had never been to. Not to mention everyone else who needed to be on that bus who also got screwed over and trust me, we saw many other people experiencing the same treatment that day. It was awful. We ended up calling my Grandpa who lives in the area, he picked us up and drove us the 8 hours home. When I contacted Greyhound for my money back, they offered me a $120 travel credit, meaning they expected me to ride with them again. Hard no. I told them I would only accept a full refund and that I was appalled that this was an appropriate resolution to them after what their company did to us and if they wouldn't give me my money back, I would dispute the charge with my bank. They then told me, they "would have" given me my money back if I had insisted but to continue on with my dispute and my case would be closed.

I would NEVER put my trust in this company again and urge anyone else considering it not to make the same mistake I did. Rent a car, take the train, fly, ask family for help, hell walk if you have to. Just do not give your money to Greyhound. They couldn't care less if they get you to where you need to go or get you there in a reasonable amount of time. You'll regret it.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I recommend all unhappy passengers who are having problems with Greyhound Bus Lines, especially in cases like ours, having my wife put on a bus that was 3 hours late, to go a funeral, and memorial of her grandmother and she was left for dead in a parking lot for over 15 hrs in the rain. Then we were told we were being refunded, OVER A MONTH ago, and we paid by card, but were told they can't refund back to card, they will send a check, will take 14-21 days. Still not got it a month later. Have talked to dozens of corp people and get NOWHERE...

After my wife stood in a parking lot over 15 hrs in the rain, it was realized after the last bus never showed to get her, she wouldn't make it in time even if she ever got picked up. I then had to pay almost 300.00 to someone to go and get her and bring her home. To folks like us, call your local state legislator rep, tell them what Greyhound is doing... Which is robbing folks like a bandit, I am sure 1000's of people across the nation. Their upper echelon does not even care, as I emailed the CEO, AND THE COO to no avail of any kind of help...

ATM my local rep's office is calling corp GH to see what's up. It's pretty obvious what they are doing and that is sitting on everyone's refund monies to draw interest, hoping us as the consumer drops dead or gives up. They can never bring back my wife's Grandmother's funeral service or memorial. Prayers to all the other victims of this train wreck of a company. I rode GH over 150 times in the 80's and 90's and NEVER had any experience like this. Out of 5 star ratings on the net, they average a 1 star rating, that says it ALL. Walk, run, take a train, plane but run for the hills before you step on a GH bus, they don't care.

Original review: July 9, 2019

From top to bottom this is one of the worst companies ever!! Facilities look like a prison, drivers & customer service people are rude and all these extra charges are simply price gouging!!!! Please sell the business & get someone else to run it that cares about people & image.... This is what Trump would call a ** business!!!!

Original review: July 7, 2019

It’s pretty obvious Greyhound doesn’t care about a reputation. Buses are sometimes delayed more than 5 or 6 hours and there are no refunds or partial refunds offered. Instead of finding another bus or another driver you will be required to sit and wait. All staff is unapologetic as a result. And whoever is picking you up at your destination may not be available anymore. Make sure you have all bases covered. DO NOT take Greyhound if you absolutely need to be somewhere, birthday, funeral, emergency trip! It is not reliable. On the rare opportunity it is on time, enjoy!

Original review: July 5, 2019

I am keeping in mind that others come here to find reviews, with that in mind I would not recommend Greyhound to my enemies. I wound not want anyone to experience what I went through on Greyhound bus. Examples: bus drivers screams at passengers the whole way, talk where people cannot understand their language, on my bus ride the driver left to passengers behind ‘cause they didn’t get back to the bus on time.

They drop passengers off and say they are going to service the bus and clean it (definitely lies). Bus was dirtier than when we got off. How is that possible I wonder. Bathrooms stink and can smell it way in the front of the bus. The bus ride didn’t have air conditioning. Greyhound says they have new buses, and they are wonderful. Well I took them at their word only to find out that it is false advertising. At the layovers the bathrooms were horrible. What people live like this? I thought the greyhound bus lines were getting better as they propose only to find out it is a horrible experience.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I had a very bad experience on 28 June 2019. I got a online ticket with confirmation number for 12:20 pm. After around two and half hours delay, the driver left me without any reasonable reason and told me, “You’re not in my list.” with a very bad way of talking! And left me in station! I should to say that it was very important for me to get Chicago on time because the day was my birthday. I call customer service before the bus arrived, they told only with confirmation number and ID you can get there! But it was not worked at all.

Therefore, I had to take another ticket for two times more price than first one because as I said I had to get Chicago. Finally I got Chicago at 6:00pm instead 2:30! Several times I called the office to at least refund my second ticket but they told me only first one will be refunded! While it was not my mistake! I was waiting for bus from 11:00 Am and after delays not taking me! And also, I had to pay 36$ more for no reason! It was not fair. Hope such expensive never ever happen to anybody! It was terrible!

Original review: June 29, 2019

So I sent my 12 and 15 year old children to see their dying mother in another state. Using Greyhound bus lines was the worst mistake ever. Trip down the buses were late and made it long. Way back bus delayed 2.5 hours in another state then rules started to be enforced. No passenger under 17, then we put them on a bus but don't know where we sent them. On and on all day. Now find them 4 hours away no food or money. Left only to be told, "We can get them closer but it will be 2 am..." Wait kids can't ride after 8p. I'm driving to get them. Should have done it in the first place. Never again Greyhound. I will pass this on for all to see.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Am a 17 y/o trying to go to my college freshman orientation. Bought round trip tickets for $70 to get there, but since I don't have a credit card, had to use mom's. They charge an extra $18 if the name on the credit card is different from the name of the passenger, so I was forced to put my mom's name. That doesn't even make sense in the first place because I don't have a credit card and can only use my mom's...They don't refund tickets and gave no option my mom authorize me to use the ticket that SHE purchased for ME. After calling customer service multiple times, only received one answer: "No refunds, you can only buy more tickets." Nobody has money to waste like that, all they had to do was refund the ticket. I bought the tickets and asked for refund on the same day as well, not last-minute, and it was a couple of days before the departure day. -_-

Original review: June 24, 2019

Today 6/22/19. I was going to Lake Charles LA to Houston TX. Bus arrived I showed my ticket to the bus driver. He said yes. And I was about step in. The driver shouting at me, "Get off my bus." First I thought he was joking. Then he said, "Get the ** out of my bus idiot." I was shocked. I ask him, "Why are you getting angry? Why dont you use a better language to address a person." He replied, "Who the ** you are? Where the ** you came from." So I stay calm. So I notice everybody get in the bus. Finally he let me in. My friend was watching all the show. The bus started. Later he made a stop and start staring at me. The start driving again. Later made another stop in Rose City TX. He walked to my seat and said he needs to talk to me. I said, "Go ahead." He ask me to get out the bus again. He was so angry. I said no. I said, "I dont have to talk to you." Then he said, "I dont want you in this bus."

He was so rude I was threatened. He was right on my face. He use the ugly language he can. I feel like I'm gonna die. I feel I'm having a heart attack. It was so scary. I scared he is gonna hurt me. I was transported to hospital from the bus. My friends and families. I been ride with Greyhound long time. I never had an experience in my life. So please be careful if you got families and kids with you. Please choose another bus. Not Greyhound. This story is a true example . So be careful before choose Greyhound. So my confirmation no was. **..I saw this number in drivers badge no.**. I ask the driver about his name. He replied, "Why do you wanna know?" Greyhound need to hire some professionals. Do not hire drivers from streets please. I want everybody and their families get home safe.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I never made it to my destination because the bus broke down and I had to wait 3 hours and completely missed the function I was supposed to be at. I had to call someone to come and pick me up and I was 1.5 hours away from home…I did not get back until 8 hours later. Instead of wasting energy being upset, I kept my calm and walked back into the Greyhound station desk and spoke with a representative there, but she told me she couldn’t refund me because there was no supervisor present and gave me a number to call.

I called customer service right away and filled out a claim, which took almost an hour - and then was told I had to wait 24 hours and call back again to verify my claim. Fast forward I called again, and after a 30 min call with a customer service rep who kept putting me on hold I was randomly disconnected. I never got a call back, and then had to go through another 60 min call where I had to wait forever for a supervisor because I was told that I could only get 25% of my money back or a 50% voucher. Ultimately I was refunded 75% of my ticket price, but out of principle, I still feel that this is completely unacceptable. At the very least, I should have gotten a full refund, considering the fact that my whole day was wasted, I missed my function, and my customer service experience was terrible!

Original review: June 17, 2019

Unfortunately I had one of the worst travel experiences of my life with Greyhound. In a short version first they couldn’t locate the driver, end up finding another driver so for all this we left with an half an hour delay. Then our driver drove the bus on the left lane, illegal in NY State so we were pulled over by a policeman and got a ticket, lost another 20 min. And as a grand finale our driver pulled the bus to a curb on 135th street in Manhattan and said, "My time is filled. I cannot drive this bus anymore," ???? Then he said he will call a shuttle, probably it will take minimum an hour or we can take the subway or whatever.

I took a cab, cost me another $30. Very long story short, when I called and complained they told me they can only give me $25???? After being left in the middle of the street this was another insult. I’m beyond disappointed with Greyhound and imagine I chose them thinking this is a known company must be the best. This was a joke on me. I just wanted to share my unpleasant story. Thank you.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I made a mistake by choosing Greyhound on 2nd of June 2019. First time my fiancee and her colleague and me decided to go to NY, Shelter Islands to visit friends. We picked 7:20 a.m. departure from Silver Spring MD. Bus was late for 4 hours. We had to reschedule Hampton Jitney bus 3 times to make it there. It was luck that Hampton Jitney are not crazy neither about extra luggage nor about rescheduling of tickets.

On 6th of June 2019, remembering sad experience but still hoping it was one time thing with Greyhound I ordered ticket for 3:50 A.M. because I don't like running and being late to flights. I was leaving for Kyiv. Guess what? Bus was late for more than 2 hours in accordance with the online schedule, but information was shown only when I was at Union Station at 3:40. I didn't want to take any chances and took Megabus. Had to pay extra money. From there I took taxi cab to make it without problems. Totally I had to lose around 100 dollars because of Greyhound. I don't recommend taking Greyhound. Irresponsible people. I recommend Megabus, Flixbus, Hampton Jitney. Tried to get in touch with someone, no one responded.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Today, June 5, 2019, I took my friend to the local Greyhound bus station. She and her two children were scheduled to leave from Lakeland, FL at 10:45 and arrive in Savannah, GA. While checking in and presenting tickets, we were told there would be a $60 fee for extra luggage. That was no problem and I was going to pay, but was informed that we had to pay in cash. The Lakeland, FL station evidently does not take debit or credit, only cash for addition luggage fees...um who knew? This was nowhere revealed on the website when I purchased the tickets. We were barely making it on time as it was, the bus was late and the driver was rudely intolerant of any further delay we may cause. I asked if they had an ATM so that I could withdrawal the money to pay. I was told there was not one. The driver was leaving and we were stuck.

My poor friend was coming home, back to the states, after living in Brazil for a number of years and had all she owned with her. She was overwhelmed at the prospect that she would not make her bus back to her family in GA. At that point I asked if we could get a refund so that I could purchase train tickets instead. There was an Amtrak train leaving at 11:15. They could not refund the bus tickets, supposedly because I bought them online. So, I purchased the train tickets because my friend had to get to GA.

After all of that and getting my friend situated, I called Greyhound and spoke with an associate to whom I explained my situation. He stated that these were non-refundable tickets and he could not do anything for me. I asked to speak with his manager. After a bit of a hold, I spoke with the manager and explained what had happened. He again stated that he could not do anything for me. I told him that there was nothing on the website that would indicate that some of their stations only take cash and that because we did not have cash my friend missed the bus and I should not be held responsible for their mistake.

The tickets I purchased were a waste of money. I told him this needed to be fixed on the website or someone else is going to have the same problem. Who doesn't take debit or credit in today's world? I would never have thought they only take cash. I then asked if he had a manager or someone above him that I could speak with. He stated that he was it. I just told him this was very bad customer service and that I would find a way to go above his head with this.

I don't know if I will get anywhere, but I am going to try. The bus tickets were $158 and I had to pay another $207 to purchase the train tickets. Who has that kind of money to throw away? I don't! I am not out over $300. I won't be using Greyhound again and I should have reviewed the reviews before using them. Horrible customer service and lack of consideration. Just ridiculous.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I do not like to wake up to my nephew telling me the bus was running late so he missed his bus. To get down here to Durant from Tulsa, he rode the bus from St. Louis Mo. And then I tried to call and get told by the bus station person that they can't do nothing about it and he won't do anything. That he has to wait until tomorrow. And he had no food and no money and no place to stay. And then they fussed at my nephew. He was mistreated. And he was charging his phone and they kept turning off the electricity on him. My nephew is 19 yrs old and he was in a strange place and scared and then he was treated poorly. I believe I should have my money back on this trip. Because I had to send someone to get him and bring him home. This is ridiculous. The service sucked. His confirmation number is **. I am Julia ** and I paid for this ticket. I don't know why we even bought the ticket. He could not even use it.

Original review: May 31, 2019

May 29 2019. Customer Service is horrible, Was never notified that bus would be 5 hours late, customer service 3 different people gave Me incorrect arrival time.. And we missed the bus AGAIN. Horrible. Horrible experience.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Greyhound deserves and has earned no helpful reviews. Consistently late, broken down buses, hours wait.. it never ends. Tonight a 7 pm trip to Pittsburgh will finally arrive at 4:30 am, with some passengers stranded in transit when bus broke down after hours of delay taking off at Union Station. No one should be riding Greyhound anywhere.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I purchased a ticket online that was to be for my daughter. $72.50 paid with my card. When I got the confirmation I realized the passenger was listed as me and not her. I saw that there are no refunds. I thought changing the passenger's name would be a simple fix. NO they would not switch the passenger name from mine to hers and said I would have to purchase another ticket. Needless to say much like the rest of us I Can't AFFORD another ticket. I called within 15 minutes of the purchase and got nowhere. $72.00 lost in 20 min with NOTHING to show for it. NEVER will I choose Greyhound again. THEY DO NOT DESERVE THE STAR I AM FORCED TO LEAVE.

Original review: May 26, 2019

Had a wonderful experience with my bus trip over the Memorial Day weekend. Last month I was injured in a home project and have not been able to work. Well cleared and ready to go now, my son in law books us tickets earlier in the week. He was given the standard info. Come 30 minutes early to secure your tickets. We gave them 45 mins in case it was busy. We showed to a closed ticket booth. Seems they closed early due to the holiday weekend. Now I am being told our tickets are non-refundable. Now I lost that cash, have to come up with more to make the same trip when they decide to reopen. Also going to lose at least two days pay, if I even have a job since I will be missing my first days.

I could understand if I missed the bus, or anything that could be faulted to me. But they gave me the standard lines to my placing ticket order. Also calling the main area representative to see what was I could do about it. Was told, "Sorry all tickets are non refundable." Well after looking a little deeper I see that before the bus arrived I could have rescheduled those tickets for a low price of 20 dollars each. But that info was also withheld while I was on the phone trying to figure out what I could do before the bus showed up. Well anyways, not really sure what I am going to be able to do. I just hope everyone else has a better experience traveling over this holiday weekend than my son in law (Chris **) and I have had.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I’m sooo disappointed, not only the ride was horrible, but they lost my luggage as well. The runaround trying to speak with someone to get some help, any type of help was just awful and even more dramatic. I do not and will never recommend this bus to anyone, not even animals should not be treated this way. Just awful all around!

Original review: May 21, 2019

My mom forgot a tube with a painting on the bus. The company has no process to recover something left on the bus. Made >100 calls to all stations from Florida to NY, as directed. I live in FL. Last person suggested to take a flight to go to NYC and ask for it! Nobody picks up the phones at the stations and all voicemails are full. Customer service and ticket numbers, direct to these numbers. 6 weeks later and have no clue what to do to get the package back.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Little Rock location HORRIBLE customer service. The lady had a line full of customers and we had to wait till she finish talking on her cell phone... a whole 20 minutes! Listening to her yell and laughing with whomever about her little sister's wedding! Unbelievable. Then finally get up to the counter she is just as rude and dismissive when I asked her why did she change my ticket to online when I clearly picked pick up at station because I heard that they weren't honoring the etickets. I called the bus company complaint line and she told me "so what, I don't work for them". She laughed, rolled her eyes then tried to make it seem I was the problem. You get no other help. You're stuck. They have your money.

Greyhound Company Information