Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.98/5

Greyhound Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The ride was cheap and fast. VERY uncomfortable and the rest stop was scary. It was in a tiny town and it was a building that wasn't even a store just opened for the bus. Not sure what was going on there. Would have enjoyed a real rest stop.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Greyhound is great if you don't feel like driving and you would rather sit back and relax. It does take longer to get to your destination because of the many stops and can also be a bit more expensive than driving. However with their free WiFi and many destinations I would rather leave the driving to them.

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Greyhound does a good job of transporting people, but they don't tell you about delays, so if you're making a transfer and the bus is late, you don't find out till the other bus gets there. They should have someone at the terminal or a message to the driver about what's going on.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

This 5 star review is for the bus driver Ernest. He was amazing and very helpful at trying to get us to my father's funeral in a timely manner. He was also very professional and kind. I would ride Greyhound again as long as it was with Ernest.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I have many bad experiences with Greyhound Services but this time August 31, 2019 7:30am Port Authority to AC was exceptional and different. The bus was 20 minutes early. This is what I am expecting from a established bus company. Give Caesars to Caesars what is due. Keep it up and customers will be????

Original review: July 22, 2020

Most of the drivers and employees at the stations are extremely rude. I have never in my life seen a paying customer anywhere be treated with as much disrespect as I have with Greyhound. Our bus driver was late then just quit. Leaving a bus load of people stuck in the Kansas City station all night. The station in Atlanta is just dangerous. I wouldn't recommend walking outside there without a weapon. Then they have signs all over every station saying to maintain a 6 foot social distance and they pack the bus like a can of sardines. Totally unsafe. The next time I ride Greyhound will be when there is a snow storm in Hell.

Original review: June 8, 2020

My personal experience in which I would like to share with anybody even considering using Greyhound services. I was traveling from Newark, NJ to Pullman Washington from June 1st to June 4th until what was supposed to be a 2 night and 3 day trip ended up being a 4 night and 5 day trip because the bus broke in the middle of nowhere on my way from Salina, Kansas to Denver, Colorado and I was delayed 3 hours. When I finally got to Denver where I was supposed to transfer buses going to Salt Lake City I was told we missed the one bus going that way so I was forced to wait 16 hours, I ended up coming out of pocket $113.97 to stay at the Mainstay Suites about a mile away from the terminal (since I refused to sleep there anyways). The next day, traveling from Denver to Salt lake was smooth.

I was thinking I’m finally gonna get to my destination with no issues moving forward.. Boy was I wrong. When I finally got to Salt Lake City at around 9:50pm where I was supposed to transfer at 12:05am to Boise I was told that the bus driver called out because he was “tired” and so I’m assuming we had to wait for a different driver because it wasn’t until 4:30 in the morning that we finally boarded and got on the roll to Boise. Now I’m delayed 4 hours and have been waiting 7 hours overall just for that one bus. I finally get to Boise at around 10:30am (it was a gas station) where they told me that I missed the one bus going to Pullman, Washington (which departs at 7:30am) and that I have to wait till the following day at 7am. Then a greyhound employee told me that they would put me in a hotel and that a shuttle would be coming to pick me up at the gas station.

2 hours had passed by when I realized that it shouldn’t take that long for a hotel that was only 15 minutes away. I called the hotel to find out that nobody ever confirmed anything with them so I was basically waiting around like a ** meathead. Long story short - they never got me to my destination. I ended up getting to the hotel where I called a family member who had to get a rental to drive 6 hours from Pullman to the hotel that they booked for me - at least they did that much right? I called and filed a complaint but it resulted in them telling me they would only reimburse me $166 dollars.. Ain’t that something. I’ll tell you one thing. I’ll never travel through greyhound again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I went to Greyhound in San Antonio Texas last week May 13 2020 to inquire about the price of a ticket from San Antonio Texas to San Diego California and a punk at the desk told me he cannot give me a price until I purchase. What kind of nonsense is that? You can't even tell a customer roughly how much a ticket will cost even when the person has the day and time of travel? That dude must be a fool if he thought I believed that. Don't use Greyhound if possible.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I took the Greyhound bus from New York 11:30 PM schedule 1351 / conf # ** to Cleveland Ohio. The bus stop at different stops, schedule to arrive Cleveland 3:40pm NexT DaY. The Night driver was ok. Nice guy. NOT A PROBLEM: The FirSt Front ROW SEAT BEHiND DriVERS SEAT ReSTRICTED BECAUSE OF CORONA VIRUS. I RESPECT THAT. I drove on the bus all night in the second seat. From front seat behind driver am on right side. The seat was not restricted. When I board bus in ny I had seat all to myself. I was happy. The bus stopped. Another passenger came on, had to share seat. Not so happy but we both had mask on and he was cool. I was cool on our journey. The night driver was fine. He told us the rules. We understood. Every passenger was ok with him. Bus full by now. Social distance :out the door.

Bus stop in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Am reboarding means everyone gets off bus for a hour then come back on with new passengers and new driver new; nasty rude mean driver time to reload bus:; Bus loaded. Everything good. We about to take off driver says to me and the passenger I sat with, “You cant sit there in that seat;” I said, “I sat there all night. What do you mean I cant sit here;” “You have to move,” he said; I get up to move:? I said to him, “Why I cant sit there? The other driver let us sat there all night:;” The new driver said to me, “The other driver is an idiot;” I said to him, “The night driver was not a idiot;”

Now my back turn. Am heading to the back of the bus for a seat. The driver say to me, “How I know you dont have corona virus;” I said to him I dont, I just got tested. Next thing I know the driver got angry. He says to me, “That’s it!!! Get of my bus,” then he escort me off the bus, left me in pittsburgh pennsylvania, stranded for the next 15 hours. I was told I have to wait for next bus that come at 12:am. Now I was in pittsburgh at 9:40 and when this happened the driver called attendant in pittsburgh, tell him to book me new ticket. Attendant told me it’s communication problem between me and driver. The driver almost drove off with my cell phone on board. I call greyhound, made a report. They gave me case number# **. I havent heard from anyone yet.

I have traveled with greyhound many times. I like greyhound. i dont expect them to be perfect but I need that driver to be held responsible for his actions. What if something serious happened to me after he left me stuck in a place I never planned to be in. It’s only a matter of time before he kick someone off the bus somewhere dangerous. He needs to be disciplined. No driver should act as though they own the company. These drivers need to be trained to deal with public. I hope someone can get a message to the owner of greyhound, let them know you cant treat every passenger the same. I paid for service I didnt get. Like I said I dont have a problem with greyhound but some drivers needs to be retrained.

Now am thinking to just rent a car and drive myself next time am going. I own two cars. I can drive my own car or rent one. I paid 200$ on greyhound 2 weeks ago for me and my 12 year old daughter and I rented a car for a entire week for 290$. If this is how drivers are gonna treat people in today's day and age I will just rent a car or take another bus. Chinese bus is cheaper anyways or i'll just book a flight ahead of schedule or figure something else. There's always options. Thanks for understanding. I feel better getting off my chest my email **.

Resolution response: May 15, 2020

The issue resolved properly (next day) when the Supervisor took care of the subject.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I went to Greyhound on Tallahassee in order to postpone my trip by one week due to Corona virus outbreak. According a new law riders have the right to postpone or cancel trips due to Corona virus and pay no fee. The ticket issuer was absent and had put on her place a person who the only thing he knew was to charge you $20. After a lot of commotion he send an email to the ticket issuer asking her to call in. She was offensive with an attitude like the ** on the harbor’s dark alleys. She asked me to refrain from touching the counter, and then after to go back in the lines the time nobody was present. She suddenly left the (conversation) and when I went after her to see what she was doing she told me to leave her alone and start walking towards me looking for troubles. She acted like a puppet in the hands of an experienced puppet show producer. I have seen a lot in my life, but that was the most ridiculous show ever.

Greyhound Company Information