Greyhound

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps

Research top Transportation & Rideshare Apps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Greyhound just keeps getting worse and worse! Transferred 13 times in the Philippines to people that do NOT speak English or communicate even at all, each person worse than the last - OGM!!! You farm out your services to save money but meanwhile, your customers go through HELL - shame on you!

Bus was scheduled to leave at 3:30 pm. It left at 2:00pm so they say next bus to our destination leaves at 7:30... come 7:30 pm then they say 8:45pm but they reroute to another city to reach our destination. Computer's been down for hours. Use other form of transportation because Greyhound bus is not reliable, not considerate. They need to just hang it up cause they obviously don't know how to run a business... still waiting. Will we make it to our destination. Do as Payless is doing. GO BANKRUPT. They are of no service to the public.

Three of us were scheduled to be picked up by Greyhound in Marathon Key, FLA for travel to Miami Airport. The bus drove right past us. I called Greyhound Customer Service, they offered no help. We took a $210.00 UBER to the airport to catch our flights. I have called Greyhound numerous times, written two letters to refund department, e-mailed on link on Greyhound's website. Zero response. Anyone know how to get in touch with a responsible Greyhound employee?

I have been forced to take Greyhound on several occasions, as a college student. This service is the worst in the field. I have experienced countless problems. The workers often tell me to go to the wrong bus terminal, which has caused me to miss my bus several times. The buses themselves NEVER arrive to the destination on time. The buses often break down, and the interiors often have shabby fixtures. Various seats are broken, outlets don't work. Additionally, the wifi also doesn't work. The bathrooms are repulsive and the workers just don't seem to care about the passenger's well-being at all. It is an incredibly expensive cost for the low level of service it provides.

Waited for an hour and a half at the Atlanta Airport at the designated Greyhound stop (was at the stop an hour early) and bus NEVER came. Myself and others called. No help. Greyhound service claimed the bus had stopped, but had been late. It did not. I was there. Myself and others had to find another way to the downtown Greyhound station to catch another bus to our final destinations. I had to pay an additional $32 for a taxi to get me there in time to catch the next bus. At the Atlanta Downtown Station, the attendant would not believe me, or another lady, who had arrived from the airport the bus never came. RIDICULOUS! No assistance, no refund, no considerations. This is a business who do not seem to care they are frustrating customers. I will NOT use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

35172190 bus left Memphis Tue @ 8pm. Should arrive in Chicago @ 6am. Broke down 4hrs near Effingham. Arrive in Chicago at 1130 am Wed. They do not want to refund due to service not rendered. All agent speak broken English. Disputing charge with Amex. This is by far the poorest unprofessional cust service that I have seen. I will never use Greyhound again. Only offered a 50 travel voucher. I paid with my credit card and will not accept a voucher for a 245.00 round trip ticket. Full refund on return. 120.00. Bus 1214 5-29-17 broke down.

First of all the bus from Virginia Beach schedule to arrive at 105 never came until 115 pm. On entering bus; bus had a pissy smell coming from bathroom area. No one clean it. Then on arriving at Norfolk VA, the suppose to depart at 2 am it never left until 315 pm. No announcement. Nothing about delay. Then it was 5/29/17. A holiday, no drivers. Final found one who didn't know the route to NYC. Has to use map. Shame, shame Greyhound. Terrible service at Norfolk VA station.

I had a terrible experience riding a Greyhound bus when I paid close to 600 on a trip too far away. The reason why I had to travel was for family reasons. I think that this will be my last trip on a Greyhound bus. I don't recommend the traveling on this bus specially if you are disabled and need help with your bag onto the bus. Once you are a customer on their bus, some start abusing of their authority, and mistreat customers when a customer with a disability disagrees with the unjust treatment. In other words if you have broken a limb or something is not right with you physically, they treat you like a not valuable person. I am not saying all employees are like this, but most are quite rude and are probably mentally ill, are quite lazy to help people with their bags or crutches inside the bus, and most likely are into abusing of their authority. It is sad and this should not be happening to disabled people, which is: being treated with discrimination.

I'm so sick of dealing with these morons. I've chosen them time after time because I felt there was no other option, but I'm going to have to find SOMETHING else because I'm sick of it. Their customer service is poor as hell. I've experienced: bus driver throwing a tantrum and loudly declaring he won't drive with a certain passenger on board, delaying everyone. Getting booted to a later bus because they oversold seats, and my friend who was already on the bus wasn't allowed to keep one for me while I finished using the restroom, followed up by representatives offering no help or sympathy whatsoever.

And the latest, an unexplained 40-minute delay coupled with the driver refusing twice to say what the new expected arrival time was when I asked, even though we were STILL PARKED, choosing instead to wordlessly ignore me. No explanation or new arrival time was announced over the comm system, just a dead monotone "X is our next stop." So sick of it. My money shall be yours no more, you cheap dirtbags.

Let me start off by saying I am in complete awe, of how terrible the Greyhound website and customer service is. The year is 2017, and you can’t cancel or change a reservation online? So I booked a ticket online for a friend, to travel from West Virginia to Ohio. I made the mistake of putting in today’s date as the date of travel (5/23/17).

Quickly realizing this, I wasn’t too worried since I had purchased your most expensive ticket. Boy, what a fool I was. Thinking I can go back online and enter the confirmation number and change the date for tomorrow the 24th. What a fiasco. First I called the customer service number in Texas, and told the lady with very broken English my dilemma. She told me I could not cancel the ticket, and the passenger would have to actually drive to the Greyhound station TONIGHT, and change the date there. Not quite believing the stupidity involved with this, my husband thought this could not be right. So he then calls back, guess what? He gets the same lady with the same response.

So feeling terrible, I call our friend and ask him to go to the bus station in Charleston, so he can change the date. Now mind you, this would be the 3rd time we have bought tickets for him through Greyhound. He then makes the 45 minute drive, and no one is there. No one will even be there for 3 hours. I could not believe how ridiculous this had become at this point. I tell him to wait, and I call back the customer service number. The gentleman that answered, was very kind. He said he could absolutely cancel the ticket and that we would receive a refund in approximately 10-14 days. So back onto their website, and I purchased another ticket, for tomorrow.

How this company is still in business is beyond me. I can assure you, that it is less hassle to fly and Greyhound will not be getting another $120.00 out of me anytime. Oh, and the best part? Greyhound charges me $18.00 for buying the ticket for a friend - and using my own debit card! WOW! I am beginning to understand why the airline industry gets away with what they do, and why the buses and trains are slowly fading away.

It was horrible to see the Greyhound bus leaving in front of a whole family at 12:35 am in the night, in a taxi waiting green light. The bus was supposed to leave 12:40 am and we arrived to the station at 12:37 am. Of course it could be better if we could arrive earlier but this is so unfair and it is VERY ANNOYING.

My first bus was scheduled for 5:50pm. I was there at 4:30pm, the bus arrived at 6:28pm. Then upon riding the bus the electrical plugs did not work and I ask the driver about my destination and she replied rudely as if I already knew what I was asking, which I didn't that's why I asked. So the bus pulls off at 6:45pm. Once I got to Birmingham to switch buses my other bus had already left and I had to find somewhere to lay my head for the night because the next bus leaving to Nashville didn't come until 8:00am.

The next morning I get on the bus and ride to Nashville, and with the speakers on the bus not sounding clear I didn't understand what the driver had said. So as I'm getting off the bus I ask him, "So do I get back on this bus or stay at the terminal for the next one?" He replied as if he seemed irritated and said, "What does your ticket say?" Then brushed me away without answer my question. Wifi nor electrical ports worked on that bus either.

So while at the Nashville terminal I don't know who they woman is that seemed as if she was the person over everything, but rude and unpleasant. Don't start to describe her actions. Harsh and sassy tones to the one simple question I asked because at the last minute I found out my bus was running late AGAIN. The speakers at the terminal are horrible if you're not right by them every word. Sound muffled or disgruntled. Once I finally got to my seat on the bus I find out wifi nor electrical plugs work on this bus either.

I understand things happen but everything I was supposedly paying for I didn't receive from customer service to the buses. I honestly feel like it was a waste of money and after this experience I'm not sure if I will ever choose to ride Greyhound again nor recommend them to a family or friend. Megabus is way cheaper and I've never have a problem like this with them. This review is horrible but as honest as can be. Thank you.

I bought a Greyhound bus ticket in good faith. I was dropped off by a friend in the town of Ukiah, California on Monday, May 8, 2017 at 1:15. This is not a station but an open bus city bus stop. The bus was to arrive at 1:35. It never showed up. I waited three hours. I desperately tried to call Greyhound but they have no system to help stranded passengers. I arranged for my own transportation by paying for a rental car and driving myself.

The next day I tried to get someone at Greyhound to take responsibility for leaving me in a potential dangerous situation. No one at Greyhound care a bit. I then found out through a "Mark" (his employee number **) that this happens so often Greyhound has a system to handle the complaints. They have no system to help their passengers when they abandon them on the side of the road, but there is a system if the customer somehow survives the ordeal and then complains about the treatment. That system is a bureaucratic web of lies and misinformation and then a four to six week waiting period to see IF Greyhound will return my money.

Greyhound took my money, did not provide the contractual obligation for that money, and now is refusing to return my money. I see that as nothing more than stealing. Greyhound is a company with no ethics and no concern to even have ethics. They steal from their customers, most of which are ill-able to afford having money stolen from them. Shame on Greyhound!

I cannot believe how inefficient or unabashedly unethical this company is considering it's longevity which has to be publicly supported with tax dollars as well. I purchased a one-way trip, went to cancel and reschedule within 20 minutes and it would not accept! I would have to rebook and repay! Tried to call a real person, after 2 hours located someone and they said I could file a complaint!

I was visiting United States last month April 2017. I bought a Greyhound bus ticket for $25.50 on 21-March-2017 online. The ticket (Confirmation number **) was for 23-April 2017 1.30pm from Ukiah to San Francisco. On 22-March I received a confirmation email regarding my trip and asked me to print the ticket. There was error message saying the "Ticket not found". I tried to track the bus through greyhound website, and to my horror the 1.30pm trip was cancelled. And the most ridiculous part is on 25-March I received an email from Greyhound asking for my feedback about my recent trip with them.

I made several call to Greyhound, no one ever pick up the call. And the email tab on their website is not working. It see Greyhound had make it impossible for anyone to reach them. I live outside of USA. I am very disappointed with the public transportation in United States, it is so unfriendly for tourist. I also had a very bad experience with United Airlines which happened on the next following day which I will separately write another review. I hope my review can serve as a warning to other tourist.

I have been trying to ask some questions and purchase tickets at Greyhound located in Fort Leonard Wood 573-336-5913 and nobody appears to be there and nobody answers the phone. Today is 5/2/2017 at 8:34 pm and I have called this location since 7:15 pm and it leads me into a VM system. Then I called the Customer Service number at 800-231-2222 and they stated they have heard many complaints at this location as well. This company really needs to be FIRED and banned from any future public service. How dare you disrespect the name of Fort Leonard Wood, it's a Military Base.

I called several Greyhound stations, in 6 states for 7 hrs, trying to find a human. I finally called the lost baggage claim line, got a human overseas in 25 mins. I explained my emergency to reach the station in Baton Rouge LA, and had been calling there all day with no answer. They called, and after 30 mins got a human. They put us on hold and never came back on the line for 45 mins, so we gave up, and the nice gentlemen that tried to help me, suggested that I call and report them in the morning.

The Baton Rouge station is full of worthless, loser employees. I hope none of them have an emergency with a family member, and need to call me. I will be sure to just watch the phone ring. I ended the night not knowing where my son was stranded, with no phone, and haven't heard from him yet. All I know is he got on their bus, and never reached where he was going. I hope Greyhound goes bankrupt and all its lazy worthless employees go done with them. I will never allow a member from my family to go near their buses again. Go to hell Greyhound.

Bought tickets for Greyhound at 7 Eleven. Lost my receipt but had my confirmation number. Greyhound would not reprint my tickets so I had to spend 600 to get grandkids and daughter to get home. Greyhound would not refund or exchange. It's shame they're pretty low.

4/21/17 AS INSTRUCTED I am requesting my refund on a ticket which was never used. Confirmation number **. I bought this ticket in good faith: with the understanding if I paid extra, my money would be refunded. I was not informed you would hold my money for six to eight weeks prior to refund: in a sense while you collected interest on my money (Really while you stole my money). I will be complaining to the media of your deceitful practices. The reason I am requesting a refund really should not matter, in view of the fact you charged for the privilege. Upon paying your demand for the privilege of a refund: your only response to my request, should be is a total and complete refund. For your inappropriate information: THE TICKET WAS NOT USED BECAUSE THE PERSON FOUND ANOTHER JOB. Please send my hijacked refund; ASAP.

I purchased a bus ticket which was not used. I requested a refund. I was informed I would receive a refund, but I had to wait 6 to 8 weeks. They did not tell me I had to wait 6 to 8 weeks when I bought the ticket: I was only told I needed to pay for a refundable ticket. I feel they are earning interest as they hold my money: stealing my money. I should have been told up front of their policy and not when I ask for my money.

Never again, customer service is a nightmare. I spoke to about ten agents, Carlos, Manalad, Milana... and others I did get their names. They are dismissive and unprofessional. I was left on hold indefinitely and majority of them do not speak clear English. So communication was an issue. The reference number for my complaint **. I have nothing to hide.

I booked a ticket for two adults and three children. The coach was from Niagara on to Toronto. The bus was to depart at 10.50pm on the 6 of April 2017. The bus terminal staff kicked us out of the station by 10:25 pm as they were closing at 10:30pm. There was a snowstorm that particular night, We were 7 passengers in total. By 11:00pm there was no show, I called customers service. My phone was on speaker. They said they couldn't track the whereabouts of the bus. Very reassuring, I asked if they would refund the ticket or change it while I called for a cab and take the kids to a hotel as opposed to waiting in the blazing cold. They refused. Then I was placed on hold up until about 11.30pm. Almost an hour in the cold. Greyhound is not a reliable company. Their agents are highly unprofessional, I will never use them again and I do not recommend them. Their refund process is a nightmare.

I was left with no regard for safety or personal affairs in a town, when their bus had a malfunction. I was given no notice for an extremely late bus four hours late. I was unable to wait for the bus and told I could not be helped after being left on hold for many minutes over and over again. It's been a week and the Greyhound legal continues to ignore me. They basically stole the money from me for the bus fare I paid and never received a ride on the bus. The customer service talks in circles and the corporate promises to investigate then ignores the problem hoping it will go away. I urge anyone who thinks about riding the bus with Greyhound to find another option if possible.

I have been commuting with Greyhound for almost one year now. There have been random delays very frequently. How can they have delays on Sunday nights when there is absolutely no traffic?! It is very disappointing and frustrating to see no effort from this company to respect customer time. They can get away with this because there is no real competition!

The Driver McNeil is probably the worst driver I've ever had. He has no customer service skills, he talks down to everyone and he's someone who seems to be trying too hard to be a ** to everybody. I don't know why but he's was a complete and total **. He seems as if he has no pride in his job at all. He did manage to get the bus to the destination safely but other than that he was a complete **. This has motivated me to never take Greyhound again, there are some things more important than saving money on flights.

Have a bus ticket from Columbus Ohio to Huntington WV. Bus was supposed to leave at 5:25. We were told the bus would be here in 3 hours. An hour later we were told to come to the ticket window and get our tickets rescheduled for 2:45 am! What kinda treatment is this for the people of West Virginia and there were plenty of unhappy travelers! Give us a refund!

This was my first time traveling with Greyhound. I expected the experience to be bad, but not this bad. Disabled passengers were mistreated, other passengers were allowed to smoke on the bus, and the "guaranteed" features such as wifi, leather seats, and outlets were not true. Buses were late, broke down, or missing. We were told if a connection was missed due to a bus breaking down we could sleep in the terminal lobby, but unfortunately that lobby wasn't open during their (handwritten on a piece of paper stuck to the window) business hours. Drivers were hit or miss when it came to how they treated passengers.

Since I had never taken a bus before I tried to ask questions about the location of things like restrooms or where to check a bag. Terminal security was very inappropriate in how they handle simple questions. I don't consider myself to be a genius, but I don't think I should be called stupid. My medication and blanket was stolen when the bus driver assured us it was safe to leave items on a locked bus while it was cleaned. When I called customer service about the issue I was hung up on, twice. The driver said he was the only one on the bus and didn't see anything. For ticket costs as high as they are with Greyhound, it should hold itself to higher standards.

First of all our bus was 3 hours late. They wouldn't tell anyone why. They had everyone line up but then decided they didn't have a bus and everyone had to stand in line with their bags for at least 30 minutes. The driver was very rude and kept rambling on and on about why the bus was late and how he is the boss and how he will kick people off. He kicked one woman off because she got out during a stop and smoked a cigarette. Then he walked back talking loud and rude and degrading to one of the two young men that had also got off thinking it was ok to smoke. He singled out the ** man.

Then he turned to a ** lady who was taking two seats and each of her two kids was taking two seats and asked her if the temperature was ok. I was hurting really bad and was very hot from having to sit on the very back row so after the break my boyfriend and I sat down on one of the rows that the children had been going back and forth on. When their Mother got back on 24th bus instead of asking us to move or saying anything to us she started talking to other passengers about us and saying things insinuating that she wanted to fight me. Then she went to the bus driver who got back on his little radio and once again started talking very rude and degrading about how everyone has to sit in the same seat for the whole trip.

When I tried to explain that my back was hurting and that they were taking up 6 seats for three people he started yelling at me and telling me that he is 62 years old and he didn't care if the back seat hurt my back. That the kids get to sit wherever they want. So we went back to the hard back seat and sat back down... But there were three other people that had moved seats that weren't told anything. I hadn't noticed before all this happened because I'm not prejudice and don't see people as their color but I realized that there were only two ** and one Hispanic on the whole bus and they had managed to have all three of us sitting on the hard back seat by the stinking bathroom with the heat of the engine having us sweating. While I counted 7 or 8 people that were in two seats laying down across the seats.

I will never travel by bus nor should any person on the planet... The wifi they promise doesn't load, seats are smaller than a plane and they just don't have any regard for your time or money. If you can't supply a service to a customer (within reason) you should go ahead and save the shareholder's time and embarrassment of losing their money. D.O.T may want to look into how drivers are handled or lack of.... Absolutely the worst experience in travelling ever!!! And I'm still waiting at the Fall as terminal as I type this??? Find any other way, camel-boat-skateboard- even walk as opposed to this. 12+ hours behind due to no driver.

I traveled on Greyhound last month going from Clarksville, TN to Augusta, GA. When I arrived in Nashville the bus taking us to Atlanta at 12pm was overbooked and they had to send two but the 2nd bus was 2hrs behind schedule. Made it to Atlanta at 8:25pm and missed my transfer. When I went to the ticket counter all they did was acknowledge that my bus was already gone and they didn't want to reprint me a ticket for the next bus which wasn't coming until 4am.

So I was stranded, with all my luggage, 5hrs from home for an extra 8 hours in one of the worst parts of Atlanta with no one to call because my family member had to go to work and couldn't make the drive up there. The only hotel I could see from the bus station was The Westin. I ended up paying $200 for a room there, had to pay a cab to take me and all my stuff to the hotel and I had to go online and purchase another ticket for the next morning. I am not being reimbursed for my room and I'm currently waiting on my refund to finish processing, etc. Worst experience ever. I would've given them a negative 5 if I could've.

A few days ago I had the best travel experience from Kelowna to Nelson BC. It was all because of the wonderful bus driver Neil, who made jokes, sang songs and quizzed us with local trivia. Neil is an inspiration to all of us to celebrate life and spread happiness in unexpected places. I am sure that Neil's wonderful attitude will rub off on more Greyhound employees.

On March 18, I took a bus heading from Kingston to Ottawa. Upon walking up to the bus, the driver greeted me and took my bag. He then asked if I was going to Ottawa, which I was, so I said yes. Although at the time I didn't realize that the bus driver was referencing downtown Ottawa, and not the stop in Kanata, which is still considered Ottawa. Very vague and ambiguous language along with a condescending tone on behalf of the driver created a negative vibe from the beginning. After 2 hours on the bus, we finally reached Kanata.

Upon exiting the bus with 3 other people, we wait for the driver to unload our bags. When we ask him for our bags, he begins to yell at me along with two others. He actually started to scream to the point where it was frightening, and considering all he had to do was open the other container I would consider it extremely melodramatic. The entire time I was thinking "Who the hell does this guy think he is?" From my experience in Public businesses, I was led to believe that to a degree the customer was always right. Unfortunately, this stuck-up, arrogant Greyhound bus driver ruined my trip over the simplest of mistakes.

Greyhound Company Profile