1.27/5
  • 1 star
Based on 198 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 15, 2017

1334 Greyhound Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I have travelled with Greyhound 3 times now and every time I dealt with new issues. Not only are their buses old and dirty but their staff is so rude. During my trip from Fresno to Oakland the bus took 2 extra stops at the whim of the driver I guess which wasnt in the schedule and that made me reach my destination 2 hrs late. On my trip from New York to Pittsburgh I am told the very last moment that the bus driver has shown up. All the passengers were there but the driver didnt come till 3 hrs late. Next for my trip back from Pittsburgh to New York the same thing happened.

At 10 pm scheduled leaving time they told us the bus driver didnt show up and you wait. At 12 they say you go to Baltimore. Then to Phili and then to New York. If you are aware with US geography you will realise how absurd this is. They took us to Baltimore and leave us there without telling us which bus to board. Then after waiting for 3 hrs there, I had to beg in front of the driver going to New York to take me with them. My ride that was supposed to be 8hrs long was converted to 15 hours. I was so harassed and this isnt taking into the account of their staff who are so so rude. I will never use their service ever.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I will NEVER, NEVER travel Greyhound again -- I'd rather walk! Their "no-refund" policy sucks big time. I purchased tickets for my sister to attend our father's 80th birthday party. First of all, I had to pay an $18 'gift ticket fee'. What?!?! When she learned she would not be able to go, I contacted Greyhound a week before she was scheduled to travel -- so plenty of time to fill the seat. I went to the website, and although the ticket was listed as "non-refundable," there was a clause that said I could send them a letter along with the tickets, explaining my circumstances, and a refund would be considered.

Two weeks later, I called the head office, managed to talk to a person whom I could barely understand because of her accent, and was told that no, I could not get a refund. She had no record of my letter, so all she did was look up the account on the computer and see that it was a non-refundable ticket. She would not even listen to my explanation. I was offered a travel voucher, but refused it because I would rather NOT use their services.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Purchased 2 seats, one for my friend and one for his kid. His kid never got to sit in the seat I purchased. I was promised a refund of $90 even though I paid $111. Was told the refund would arrive in my account between 7-14 business days, I called to see why my refund had not arrived and was told that the issue would be escalated to please wait between 3-5 business days. Called again to see why my refund had not arrived and was told again that it would be escalated please wait 3-5 business days, called again and again 3-5 business days. This is the answer I have been given over and over again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

The nearest bus station to me was in Elko, NV and that is about a two hour drive, so I had to stay overnight to leave at 2:30 AM which is the only time it's scheduled to go to Reno, NV so I can transfer to go to San Francisco, CA. It was the end of Thanksgiving break and I had to get back to school, so it was close to 30-something degrees at this time. I made it to the stop at 1:50 AM because I had to board at 2:10 AM.

For some reason, my route did not have tracking abilities, so I only was able to go off of the usual schedule posted on the website. I thought maybe it was snowing somewhere on the way in Utah, so I gave it some time. Pretty soon 3:00 am came, 4:00 am came, and I'm out here freezing with no bench or nothing to sit on, so by the time 5:00 am came, I finally decided to call the National Customer Service number, and they redirected me to the Salt Lake City station.

The last time I rode with them, they were still pretty late (I was riding from Salt Lake City, UT to Elko, NV and was scheduled to depart at 10:30 pm and didn't leave until midnight). Should I also note that they don't have a normal phone call holding service, let alone speak proper English? I went through maybe 20 "Please hold sir"s until I got an answer. It was cancelled. Why?

I tried to ask them but all that they would say was that it was cancelled. They could have sent an e-mail, a text, a phone call, or something to tell me it was cancelled so I wouldn't be wasting my time waiting for a bus that never came. If I were to start walking, I would have gotten to school faster than waiting for that bus. And just like many of the people on this website, I had to call a different number to ask for a refund. Surprisingly they said yes, but it took about 45 minutes for them to understand what I was saying. I had to give them my confirmation and everything, and they said it will be about 14 - 21 business days. Still waiting to this day. After all that I had to find a ride back home and drive two more hours to fly out the day after. Last time I'm riding with them. No wonder they show up in my junk mail. SMH.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My son purchased a ticket. The bus didn't stop AT ALL, but simply looped the parking lot before we could get out of the car (dark in high crime area). Had to buy a plane ticket to get him to his destination. Sent in paperwork for refund, then called 5 times over 6 months. Told every time "refund will arrive in 14 to 21 business days." Called again today, and they have removed the ticket info completely. Have no receipt because they require it mailed in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Oh my God. As a first time traveler with this company, I'm astounded at the level of an unprofessional service I've been subjected to. I booked a trip with this company from Rutland, VT to Clarksville, TN. I originally traveled with 4 pieces of luggage and I realized this was going to be a burden if I chose to continue traveling with all four. So, when I got to the Albany, NY station, I've decided to split the load off where I shipped 2 pieces of my luggage away to be at Clarksville. While I got to travel with the two remaining pieces of luggage.

The rest of my trip went fine and I arrived at my destination, though not quite on time. When I was at Nashville, we got a nearly 4 hour delay because someone was off somewhere with a bus that broke down and it took quite some time to reach back. Speaking of delays, there have been numerous delays towards the last three stations I was at. But it didn't really bother me. Not as much as what I'd be dealing with later.

My problem became the shipping department. I was scheduled to depart from October 5th with an arrival at October 7th roughly to Clarksville. I got my traveled checked luggage just fine and I didn't receive the 3rd luggage out of all 4 til about a week later. I figured maybe there was a bit of a hiccup with the last luggage, so maybe it'll arrive a day late.

So I called the Clarksville station and they reported that it hadn't arrived. Okay, fine, I'll wait another day. Then the next day, they told me again - hadn't arrived. Now I'm concerned. It should have arrived roughly the same day the other piece of luggage did. I couldn't believe as to how easy it must've been lost considering they were both tagged, so it shouldn't have been hard for some of the Greyhound associates to lose it.

I would be spending week after week, making daily calls to Clarksville's station. Being told over and over, that the luggage hasn't arrived. Then I took it a step further and I began calling Package Express main customer service and I was being treated like a volleyball by being told to call this number and then call another number which was the same number I used to originally call to!

It was by the 4th week now into this mess that things began to get outrageously difficult. I've made over 3 Claims, probably over 50 calls and have tried reaching out to Greyhound through e-mail and even their FB page to personally contact them. I even had an image of the luggage to try and assist them with, but I kept getting told to follow their protocol. Well, so far, your protocol HASN'T WORKED!!

Because if THIS is the best you can do to try and locate a luggage, then I'm not impressed! I'm tired of playing phone tag to multiple bus stations, getting told the same answer and being mislead into believing that it got hung up at one of them. That's the latest lie I've had to hear just a couple days ago. I had an associate, literally word it so that it sounded like that it got stuck in Nashville. I call Nashville and what did they say? IT'S NOT THERE!! Thanks, you dirty liar!

I can't call Albany, NY because they told me that it's shipped. So, no error on their end apparently. I've called Richmond, VA and this is where I've discovered something weird. Both numbers for the Package Express/Baggage, don't work. They ring for a couple times but then you get automated messages saying that they're not in service. Real Professional, Greyhound, you have two phone numbers that are utterly useless. I can't call Nashville, TN because they'll tell me that it's not there. I'm tired of calling Clarksville, TN because I've heard them many times tell me the same things.

Greyhound has now been ignoring me on FB. They haven't been telling me whether or not the luggage wound up in their Dallas, TX warehouse. They keep telling me that they've sent tracers out and they sound oh so convincing when I give them the tracking number to find my luggage with and they can't, for some reason, get anywhere into pinpointing the tracking.

Someone or multiple people, aren't doing their damn jobs it sounds like to me. Because I will not believe a single excuse as to why you've managed to lose a luggage that was not only tagged, but had a tracking number on it too. I paid $135 for this ** to be shipped. I have tax/medical history documents IN that luggage. I have my own birth certificate, my own HS diploma and even documents containing my social security out in plain text IN that luggage. It's important to me and you guys aren't treating that as serious as you should. I could get into some serious ** if my SSI number is to be claimed and I'm in an identity theft issue and do you know who I'll look to if that happens? YOU!

Nearing 2 months of no progress and I'm tired of your ** service! I'm not using you EVER again and I have a friend who I told this story to, not to use you either! Your site sucks. The package locator tracker is broken, doesn't return ANY results. You have 2 numbers to a station that are not in service. You have associates that play the roundabout game. You have associates that play pretend. I was refused to provide help, despite having evidence of what the luggage even LOOKED like. I've spent and wasted countless hours and wasted money trying to get back something that SHOULD have been easy to do! So, thanks, Greyhound, thanks for messing this up horribly!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Greyhound never refund my 4 tickets after 5 months of sending the tickets back to their main office. I have called several times to check the status but got the answer of “still investigating” and therefore don’t know when! What kind of agency is this? Are they really working or just sitting there talking about joke all day long?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

The first time and definitely the LAST time I am using Greyhound!! On 27/11/2017 we were delayed for 2 hours and 10 minutes from Springfield to New York without any notice!!! The 06:15 bus we were supposed to take was apparently cancelled, therefore we had to take the 08:15 bus, with a very impolite and discriminative driver! First he did not want to give an estimate time of arrival in NYC when I asked (his reply was "I don't know, if there is traffic jam then I'll be blamed...") but he answered properly by giving an ETA when another person asked the same question.

Second, I first wanted to sit at the front row adjacent to the door so I have better view to make pictures (I came from Austria) but there was a bag at the window seat adjacent to the door. So my friend and I took the seats right behind the driver. Approaching Hartford, I moved quickly to take a shot of the highway then returned to my seat. When the bus stop at Hartford station, my friend and I moved that one bag (which was the driver's) to the passenger seat behind the driver because we wanted to sit next to the door with a better view. But the driver told us to put his bag to where it was, according to your unfriendly driver I am not allowed to sit where I wanted to because it's the seat assigned for disabled people. Well, my friend IS disabled (she went through a heart bypass and has 5 stents installed!).

Anyway, we accepted the driver's lie and moved back to our initial seat (which was behind the driver). Minutes later, a ** woman, was allowed to sit on that particular seat I wanted to sit - the driver removed his bag and that woman was not disabled (I asked her if she is disabled and she replied "NO!"). Therefore I asked the driver, politely, why was I not allowed to sit there earlier... the driver came up with absurd reason such as "because you keep moving from seat to seat" - which is a total nonsense and lie! I only moved once to take a picture and when the bus stopped in Hartford I wanted to move and was refused to do so!!

Anyway, as I challenged the driver with his own excuses about the seat I wanted to have is reserved for disabled the driver got irritated and stated he's not going to drive if I'm still in the bus - in another words he wanted to throw us out of the bus... just because he could not justify his own ridiculous reasons for not letting me sit where I wanted to. Another Greyhound staff came and told me to get off the bus, to which I denied - because the dispute was not reason enough to throw us out of the bus - we already went back to our initial seats immediately when the driver told us to! Somehow your people decided to call the police.

I don't know what the driver and Greyhound staff told the police but at least the police officer was wise enough to listen to my story and helped the ride to proceed with me and my friend in the bus, although your Greyhound staff wanted to take my luggage off the bus while I was talking to the police officer.

So, Greyhound management... you succeed in earning another very disappointed and pissed user of your service!!! I guess you better train your staff and drivers to be more professional in performing their job or you'll all soon end up jobless...

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was scheduled to leave NY at 1235am on Saturday night to head to Buffalo then eventually to Edinboro University. Got a notice that buses were delayed until further notice. I found out from another person in line that there was a bus but no driver (the drivers weren’t well rested. I don’t understand, how does this late schedule come as a surprise?) I was also told it’s very possible I would be standing in line for hours until the next driver showed which would have probably been around 4-6am.

Not wanting to stand there that long and wait, I exchanged my ticket to leave the next day from NY at 8pm Sunday. Next day, 8pm from NY was fine but I arrived at Philly at 10pm waiting for my 1235am departure to Pittsburgh. 3 hours later we're told the bus has no driver AGAIN. The supposed driver called off early and the terminal could not get a replacement. I exchanged my ticket AGAIN for the next bus to Pittsburgh to Edinboro Uni. I was told my choices pretty much left me stranded for hours in either Philly or Pittsburg until 8am the next day being Tuesday as only two buses go to Edinboro a day.

Because of this, I have to spend several hours in the terminals, miss my classes, and find someone in Pittsburgh that can let me crash for the night until my bus arrives or best case scenario, drive me back to school. This is going on as I am typing, the staff at the terminal helped me exchange my ticket with no problem which I appreciate but this whole experience has just been awful. Such unprofessionalism, 2 no show drivers consecutively, with nowhere to go but the terminals at the moment. I’ve been riding Greyhounds for 3 years now to travel to school and I don’t ever want to travel through them or have to endure this experience again. Unfortunately I have no other option as there is only Greyhound to travel long distances to school. I do not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Greyhound bus delayed our LA to San Francisco bus for more than 4 hours. We were stranded on LA bus station and there were no updates on the arrival of bus. Contacted customer care and they said, "It's real time issue. Cannot help on this." Can I know how it's real time issue if you have issue for more than 4 hrs. Does it take this much time to solve issue. I would want my refund back and not want to ever.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I was scheduled to leave Raleigh NC at 3:45 am, I got to the bus station at about 3:35 am, went in to see which bus to board and I was told to go look for the bus that said Richmond, Va on it. The bus actually said NY, NY on it which caused me to go back inside to tell the woman there was no Richmond bus and she says, "No it's any bus going up North. Your bus just pulled off." Excuse me??? It was still not 3:45 am and yet a bus and a seat I paid for left. I will NEVER ride Greyhound again. I will post as many bad reviews as I can because this experience was just horrible.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I consider myself very very unimpressed with how I have been handled by Greyhound. All I wanted was to buy a simple bus ticket from one city to another, less than 70 miles away, something that should be easy for the nation's most famous bus company. God was I wrong. I booked my ticket first through their website only to be shown a screen that my payment cannot be completed (with no reason given). It recommended I call their office to book the ticket. I could not believe my ears when they said they were going to charge me a $12 booking fee for booking it over the phone when the only reason I had to book it on the phone is because their website wasn't working, something I have no doubt which is intentional so that they can make the extra money off booking fees.

I unfortunately downloaded the app only to find out that even if you book your ticket through their app, you still have to print out a hard copy because they cannot accept seeing the ticket over the phone. Even though it's perfectly scannable through a phone screen. That's a perfect example of how outdated and lethargic Greyhound has become as a company. I feel embarrassed for the people in charge of this company. Be certain that so long as I live I will never use Greyhound again, and I will recommend to all my friends to use any other form of transportation.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I will NEVER as long as I live give Greyhound Bus company business or suggest anyone use them for any transportation, they left me and 3 other passengers stuck at a 7/11 in the middle of Dover Delaware, first it was a delay and the bus broke down so it wouldn’t be there until almost 2 hours later and they didn’t notify anyone. You had to check an inaccurate bus tracker.

Then the bus just never showed up and went straight through to Wilmington and never picked us up. UNRELIABLE is an understatement. Not to mention expensive and they’re trying to tell me I won’t be refunded the money for the roundtrip ticket which is now rendered useless! Poor taste, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service. Will never do it again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

On November 22, 2017 my bus to Richmond, VA was scheduled to leave at 9:30 pm. For approximately 1 hour there have been 2 buses sitting at the gate with no drivers. Other buses have come and gone and no one is giving us information. It is now midnight and I have been on hold with customer service waiting for a supervisor for over 30 minutes. No one has come to apologize. No one came on the line for 40 minutes.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

This is a very ** bus service. Buses are never on time. Always delayed. Please do not plan to travel in Greyhound because it will always take you 2, 3 hours later than what they mention on their website. Neither the buses are near nor the hospitability! I have traveled thrice and it got delayed all the three times by more than an hour. I strongly do not recommend traveling in Greyhound. It’s better to spend some extra money and travel by Amtrak trains or rent a car. It’s worthless spending money on these buses and also wasting time and energy waiting for the bus to arrive. Do not use these ** buses!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

What a crock. First I had to pay 18.00 extra for a ticket for a family member I bought, but because it wasn't for me it was called a gift and added the 18.00 gift fee. WTF. Then I needed to get a refund on a second ticket we did not need. All within the 24 hour time period for cancellations. That wasn't happening but they said they would gladly charge me another 20.00 on the unneeded ticket to change to another day but the same person named on the ticket would have to use it, I could not change the traveler's name ever. Will never deal with Greyhound again. A 42.00 ticket just became 124.00. JERKS.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

This is literally the worst bus service ever, they are always late, THE WORKERS DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP THE CUSTOMERS AND IT'S JUST THE WORST WAY TO TRAVEL... I lost so much money and I’m still getting to my destination late.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

To begin, my Greyhound® driver, Mr. **, is an aggressive beta male who has a serious problem containing his inner soyboy. He yelled at other drivers, glared at me through the rear view mirror, and physically intimidated an elderly woman. He also made good use of the bus’s horn system, as he used it approx. every 2 minutes when in heavy traffic. 0/10, would not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

This is going to be a long review so readers beware lol. I purchased a ticket for the Greyhound bus from Powell River BC, a remote little town on a Peninsula, meaning I had to travel quite a ways to get to this station. Accompanying me on my journey is my 5 month old emotional support animal, my kitten Dubh. I have a letter that says she is my support animal. Anyway, I travelled on BC Ferries, had no problems, sat in the pet room which was heated and cozy. Then from Comox to Courtenay I was in a cab with a really nice driver who even wrote a sweet letter about how well behaved my cat was. Tofino Bus services were my next installment of my trip and they also had no problem with the kitten, she slept in her cat carrier and didn’t make a peep the whole way.

Another ferry and another Tofino Bus later and I arrive at Pacific Central Station and head straight to the customer service desk, I had been warned by Tofino Bus services that Greyhound could be very unforgiving of my cat because she is not a service dog, she is however protected as a service animal. The guy at the Greyhound service desk gives me the all clear and I sit down and cozy up for my 4 hour layover. They start boarding the bus at 11:40 pm, I get my ticket checked, my letter about my cat read and cleared and I proceed to walk to the bus driver.

This bus driver denied me access to the bus and when I - a 17 year old female with little to no money - started to cry in fear of being left in Vancouver City overnight he got irritated saying that ‘you’re not going to try guilt me into to letting you on the bus’. So after begging him to not leave me there, he left a minor on the sidewalk at midnight in one of the toughest areas in Vancouver. I had to get a Vancouver Police Officer to come see me and help me out and I ended up having to sleep on the floor beside the photo booth in the station until a teller came to work the next morning. I got a refund on the tickets that I didn’t use yet and paid close to 100$ to get to my boyfriend’s parents house in Surrey. I used the refunded money to book a via rail ticket where they have 0 problems with my cat. I will never travel with Greyhound buses ever again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Been stuck in Jackson, Mississippi for 13 hours with no real update trying to complete trip to Atlanta, GA. In the earlier part of the trip stuck in Phoenix for an additional 6 hrs. They have given us several times that we were going to depart and still none of them have been accurate or fulfilled. Calling customer service is a bigger joke than just waiting around for nothing to be done. Their lack of info care or concern for their passengers is unbelievable and very much unacceptable. This is by far the worst way of travel while being the most expensive as well as the most inconvenient. The service provided is by far the bottom of the barrel.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I forgot one of my luggage bags on the bus and the Greyhound has never tried to find them. I have been contacted Greyhound for many times but all I received are promises and nothing real. I am so disappointed with Greyhound services. This bag has all of my important stuffs in there, they seem no care on customers concerning.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I traveled on Greyhound on September 1st and my bags got lost so I made a claim on it. So now the corporation telling me that I need a bag claim number and that's something I never received. So the dude I was talking to told me that they still looking for my bag and I asked him, "If you don't have my bag number how could you be looking for it?" Didn't get a response.

I really hate Greyhound because this the second time they've lost my **. The dude told me there's no way I can go back and get it and I really don't think that makes any sense and by the way it's the corporate ppl telling me this. I lost everything I owned and now my ** just gone. I thought they could at least look it up and the computer but he said no. This straight **. I hate Greyhound and I prefer anybody traveling to take everything on the bus cause it being tagged don't matter and that's real ** up. My ticket so faded you can hardly read anything on it but I traveled from Louisville, Ky to Columbus. Ga.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I purchased a bus ticket for my son to visit relatives over the holidays. An unexpected illness changed plans and I needed him to come home instead. I called the 800 number and when a representative was unwilling to change the destination, I spoke with someone claiming to be a manager who also refused to help. I understand the non-refundable policy, but it seems unreasonable to refuse to change the ticket destination. I was even willing to pay additional charges. All parties were also unwilling to give an exchange (cancel old ticket and apply that amount toward a new ticket). Again, I understand letting customers know up front there are no refunds, but finding out afterwards that simple change and exchange requests are denied is simply poor customer service. I am out $80 and will never travel with Greyhound again. I wish I'd read these other poor reviews before purchasing the tickets. Lesson learned.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My ticket was for the express bus, DC to NY, as was everyone else's. We all boarded the bus, and then were told this was not the express, and we would arriving significantly later. All of our tickets were checked, and a number of us are missing connecting buses. The driver refused to let anyone off, refused to see if he could complete our original route, and did not communicate during the trip whatsoever. I will be taking their competitor in future.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Absolute worst customer service of my life. Bus didn't show on time and resulted in a loss of 8 hours of work. All they would do is give a $40 voucher towards the next purchase even though $160 wages was lost and a job was almost lost at that. Other thing is the voucher could only be used over the phone. Well they charge you $10 to do it over the phone, not to mention it’s a huge pain in the ass, so technically you're just getting $30 off considering you can save yourself $10 by buying a ticket online and it’s WAY faster and easier. Bus was scheduled to arrive at 10:10 am and due to the bus not arriving wasn't able to get in till after 5 pm. Over the past 2 days we have spent around 8 hours on the phone, around 5 of those hours were dealing with "Canada customer service" which isn't even in Canada. It’s actually in central America.

There is no way to speak with Canadians and as far as I understand there is a law in Canada that states that there are to be Canadians available to speak with. The supervisor of the customer service was an absolute joke and didn't care to try to make things right. I asked who was above him and he told me there is no one above him. Well that's pure **. Absolutely disgusted and frustrated beyond belief... especially since we have spent over $800 through this company over the past 2 months... which is beyond expensive enough. Also paid $220 to ride a bus that had no Wi-Fi or outlet. Why would the rate be the same for buses that have Wi-Fi and outlet vs the ones that don't? And most of the employees seem to hate their lives. If they don't like helping people it’s time to get out of customer service.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I bought a ticket from Greyhound back in August couldn't make the trip because my father was sick and I put him in the hospital so I called them and they told me to send it them with the letter stating why I couldn't make the trip and I get a refund. I sent it back August 25th. They tell me they didn't receive it until September 5th and then says to wait 6 to 8 weeks. It's November 6th and I still have yet to get a refund. They tell me that is still subject for approval. I can just call back to find out and see what's going on. "Why do you keep lying" is my question. Why keep saying one thing and you doing another if you say six to eight weeks it should be 6 to 8 weeks, no longer and only thing they can tell me it's "Okay ma'am. I understand ma'am. I can send a request for review ma'am to find out what's going on." It really is getting on my nerves like that's bad business. Why keep saying something if you're not going to do it?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My brother had one turnover, he got stuck in Columbus with no bus driver (which is the sole purpose of buying the ticket). It was 8 hours of him sitting and waiting for the next bus, mean bus drivers, threatening and violence, 24 hours late to destination. When I called everyone was confused at the bus station. When I talked to Greyhound they did not know how to accommodate and explained we would not get a refund although my brother is in the middle of nowhere with people threatening him and the bus driver was yelling at him for asking when he would get here. I paid for one turnover and he ended up getting way more than one.

I feel the Greyhound should not even exist if they cannot keep bus drivers. When people pay for the one turnovers it should not be more than that... that is going away from their contract of what I paid for. On top of the bus stinking and having nothing but homeless people and it stated there was Wi-Fi and there was no Wi-Fi! So this 24 hour bus ride turned into a 48 hour ordeal. I would never recommend this company. They need to be put out of business. There's no communication, the bus driver is clueless and gets mad at the customer because he has no idea on what is going on. I bet these people don't even know the route. I am extremely upset and demand a change! I thought the Greyhound would have had some kind of change by now. Maybe new ownership?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Absolutely disgusted at the way Jasmine treated my elderly parents. I booked a bus for them from Buffalo to Niagara (obviously thinking I was doing the right thing by booking in advance, boy was I wrong). At the time of booking I did not receive an email as the Greyhound website was having technical issues however I did receive a confirmation number (**). When my mother explained this to Jasmine she said that she would have to go to a Library and that she could not help her, my mother said that they were from NZ and that they would miss their bus. Jasmine started laughing at my mother, to which my mother told her to stop laughing. My mother then had to buy two new tickets as Jasmine would not help her (another Employee later told mum that they can absolutely help in that situation)... Jasmine sold her two new tickets, continued laughing at her and told her that she hoped she would be turned away at the border going into Canada.

Please GREYHOUND hold Jasmine accountable for this disgusting treatment that my parents received! I'm not sure what her motive was. However there must've been some ill intent by having such despicable behaviour. My mother has been through enough with two x breast cancer and my father suffering a heart attack not so long ago, hence this is a trip of a lifetime to see the Falls. On another note, I have always had great experiences with Greyhound and the people you have working for you. I hope moving forward this can be used in a training scenario of how not to treat your customer.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

On October 20, 2017 my daughter purchased a ticket online to travel from Tuscaloosa, Alabama to Atlanta, GA. At her connection in Birmingham, Alabama the passengers were told to leave the bus and stand in a line outside the bus re-board again. When they tried to board the bus a bus driver told them that they would have to pay a cash payment of 5.00 and if they did not pay the amount they would not be able to get on the bus to continue their destination. Mind you, they all had tickets showing they had paid for their trip. This guy was stealing money from them. Many of the people did not have extra money, so he told them go the convenient store across the street or give him their PayPal account information. My daughter was on crutches.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

With but few exceptions, Greyhound employees are rude and just downright nasty. Because of routing was forced to sleep on the cement floor waiting for my bus. Was treated like a vagrant. Employees have no people skills and are disrespectful - especially Greyhound security who think that because they have a gun and some authority they can be rude and abusive to paying customers.

I wont use Greyhound again ever and if ever I encounter some of your employees away from your terminals I WILL beat their brains out. Greyhound is terrible. Terminals are uncomfortable and the 11 to 15 hour layovers are a nightmare. Buses are dirty and smell like toilets. How this company stays in business is beyond me. But one thing is certain - I will never ride Greyhound again and I will reiterate that if I ever encounter a Greyhound employee off of Greyhound property he/she is going to have a very bad day.

Greyhound Company Information