1.41/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Greyhound

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

1297 Greyhound Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Y'all! I am at a loss. 1030 bus. NEVER CAME. We were told by customer service that there would be an hour delay. An hour later at almost midnight customer service has packed up and left, and we are still stranded with no info. Excuse me do you know what the ETA is? Nope. No one knows anything. They tell us to keep waiting without making eye contact and shuffling away. They tell us there are no drivers? How are there no drivers!?? They say, "We don't know. Ask that guy over there." Ask that guy, and he doesn't know. Can I go grab food? Should I book a hotel? "We don't know. Just keep waiting." The only authority were police telling people who were waiting for the bus to stop sleeping on the floor. REALLY? How is a multi million dollar company so badly ran? I've taken my last Greyhound.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This has been the worst customer service experience I had in my 35 years. They don't care about any issues and don't care to resolve any either. I was hung up on 13 times just trying to get to a supervisor. I was not irate. I was not rude. I was not disrespectful but the agents seem to talk to you and do what they want on this phone with no consequences. At the end of the day my issue is still not resolved. They have my money and that's what counts.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This is worst bus ever encountered. Hell experience. I booked bus on 13th Oct for Miami and it's been 5 hours. I'm waiting and still they don't have status of my bus schedule. Insane people. They don't have information about their own bus service. ** service. The customer care executives on call also don't respond correctly and have no information. Like idiots we are waiting at station from hours. And no one to tell us when the bus will arrive. Never ever opt for Greyhound! It will spoil your trip.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Bad customer service! My truck driver broke down, I bought him a ticket with Greyhound so that he could get home... I put him in a taxi to get him there. He shows up an hour and a half early for the bus. NO SHOW BUS at 10pm... Had to get my driver a hotel room for the night. Then taxied him to meet me the next day. WOW!! Greyhound says they are not responsible, it was another bus line. Called the other bus line, WOW, they say they don't even go to my destination. You don't want to refund me my money... HAHA! I've already called my bank, they gave me an instant refund you, my bank is rebuking the charge. Greyhound, you cost me an additional hotel & taxi cab charge for no reason! Sloppy! Sloppy! You need some real attention to your customers.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I’m writing this review while standing in line at the Greyhound bus station 2118 Haines St, Baltimore. It is currently 18:57. I have been standing line for since 18:20 waiting for a bus that was supposed to leave at 18:20. So far no representative have approached us to explain what the situation is. I wish I could give a half of star for the service because you (Greyhound) do not deserve one star for your service at this location.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I decided to “leave the driving” to Greyhound for a trip up to Tallahassee to see a football game. I had no idea how poorly this company is managed. The drivers run their buses as mini penitentiaries, ordering passengers around like inmates. There is absolutely no pride or sense of urgency among the many company employees I observed and those with whom I interacted. The stations were filthy, especially the bathrooms (Orlando). If you are expecting an informative experience in the terminals, think again. There is a complete lack of respect for the passengers when it comes to keeping the traveling public informed about the status of their trips. My hope is that someone or some company will buy out Greyhound and create a clean, caring and comfortable experience for travelers. I really wish there was a selection for less than one star. Avoid using Greyhound if you possibly can. You will be far happier with any alternative transportation.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I arrived at Waco bus terminal and purchased ticket to Houston. Bus was supposed to depart at 4 pm arrive in Houston at 8:05 pm. Wow, what a joke. Bus arrive over THREE HOURS late at 7:50 pm. No one offer any apologies or explanations. Driver acted as if he was on schedule. Employees at the terminal just as nonchalant stating you have to just WAIT.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I was trying to help friend in need. We were having problems printing their tickets for Ithaca to NYC on another bus line, so I thought I would buy tickets for them on Greyhound. The info on the Greyhound website was wrong, their bus went north, not south to NYC, per the woman at the ticket counter and I have been trying to get a refund or at least a partial refund ever since. I sent a letter with enclosed info on July 11th. On September 18 I tried calling their toll free number but their phone tree would not work. Today (10-3-17) I actually spoke to a human being and she finally gave me a second reference number and said they needed more time to process/investigate my complaint/request for refund. Over 11 weeks and no resolution. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GREYHOUND.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have had two 5 hour delays in East Lansing and one 5 hour delay in Chicago and another 11 hour delay trying to depart from Chicago. On top of me sitting at East Lansing for 4 hours. I had the 11 hour delay also. All in one day. I ate food at the food court. I had the breakfast platter and coffee and now I'm positive I have food poisoning. I been in and out the bathroom trying to make myself feel better. The staff doesn't let the customers sleep either. So I'm exhausted on top of everything else. Do not book anything with this company. Indian trails is cheaper and gives you a faster routes. This company scams you. I won't be riding a bus of any sort because this was by far the worst experience I've ever had. This is dangerous to my health. I paid 166 dollars for a ticket. Don't get scammed by this company. Use the train instead. I am only warning you because I don't want another person to go through what I have. Sincerely disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Bought round trip ticket online but with ticket printed at Will Call. Wallet was lost/stolen with return ticket in it. Despite electronic receipt, Greyhound was unwilling to provide new copy of ticket. Spent over an hour on phone with customer service who just repeated unwillingness to help.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Ok... The Bus was on time... However it smelled like a giant porta potty. I tried to get off to complain to find the door was closed. The Bus was dirty and smelled of raw sewage. That is a health hazard. Granted the tickets were cheap... but why should you have to smell ** and piss along the ride from Reno to San Francisco?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had a ticket to travel from Hagerstown, Maryland to Columbus, Ohio. The bus was over 2 hours late and nobody could give us information on the status of the bus. The bus was very dirty and the contents of the restroom toilet were all over the floor which was totally gross. It appeared that people just went in there and squirted all the place. I had to be careful to avoid little poops as I walked out but by the end of the trip you could smell the restroom in the whole bus.

Next was the behavior of some of the children on the bus and their parents didn't care. There was this one little boy who tried to steal purses and his mother did nothing. Then there was this man who kept preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and the driver did nothing. The air conditioning on the bus was not working and so we had to open the windows and it must have been over 80 degrees in the bus for whole trip. This was totally the worse experience I have ever had. Next time I will take the train or fly.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

My name is John **, I'm 60 disabled and very, very sick. I started my trip in Eugene Oregon. In Los Angeles to San Bernardino a bus broke down. At San Bernardino the new bus broke down. At Phoenix the driver never showed up, called in sick. I asked about this in the office, she asked to see my ticket and said that the buses to Florida had been cancelled and that I have to leave the terminal because you can't be there more than three hours before the bus leaves. She then called the police. I walked about 90 miles with my backpack to Tucson. It took me 5 days. In Tucson I got on another bus. When we got to Tampa, Florida another bus broke down. When I got to Saint Petersburg, Florida my backpack under the bus was missing. The driver jumped back on the bus and drove off with my ticket and baggage claim.

Everything I own was in that backpack, I have nothing but the clothes on my back. I'm a traveler and everything I need to survive is in there, stove, water filter, tarp, sleeping bag, clothing, hygiene products etc, etc, etc. The last time I seen it was in Orlando and the baggage handler was admiring it as if it was already his. It's a week later and no word from Greyhound. I have to go to the nearest Greyhound because the number for St. Petersburg says it's no longer in service. I have to bring all kinds of documents with me and fill out a form before 30 days then they have 90 more days to find it before any kind of reimbursement. My birth certificate that I had just obtained and my doctor records were in my backpack. I have nothing.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Purchased the ticket with the reverse destination. Spent 82.00s to spend over an hour on the phone with several different supposed customer service reps. They stole my money and didn't correct the issue. Total BS.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Worst. Experience. Ever. When I first arrived at the Greyhound Station in St. Petersburg, there was no air conditioning at the station and a twenty minute long line to pick up my tickets and check on my bags. Every customer in the station was complaining of the intense heat and long wait. Then things got worse. The bus I was supposed to take from St.Petersburg to Tampa was running an hour late, and I had a connecting bus to get to in Tampa an hour and a half later. The Greyhound company was supposed to get us a taxi, but the taxi had no air conditioning and all the passengers refused to ride in the taxi. I had to spend my own gas money to drive from St. Petersburg to the Tampa Greyhound Station to make it to my connecting bus on time or so I thought. It turns out that the connecting bus from Tampa to Gainesville was over two hours late and the company had no clue when the bus would depart.

I had a really important personal obligation to attend at 10 o'clock and the Greyhound company said there was no way I would make it. At this point I had enough. I called my girlfriend of and she fortunately offered to drive to Tampa to pick me up in order to make it to my personal obligation on time. I went to the counter at the Tampa Greyhound station to cancel my tickets and get my money back, and the wouldn't refund me for the bags I checked on. All in all, I spent approximately $10 on gas, $15 on bags, and 3 hours of my time and my girlfriend spent upwards of $30 on gas and 5 hours of her time for a bus I didn't even take.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

We've ridden on Greyhound buses several times, but normally I don't like to ride the bus, because you have no control over the other passengers. We were going to Phoenix, AZ from San Antonio,TX and one of the other passengers spent nearly the whole trip making a little girl cry, by offering her candy and then eating it himself. I asked him to stop picking on her, but he informed me that it was NOT my business what he did to her. He spent the rest of the trip flicking boogers from his nose at me. The bus driver didn't want to be bothered or involved.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I wish Greyhound would continue their evening schedule. They don't have anymore trip leaving the terminal at 9:00pm. Need to schedule night trips.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Travel frequently and 100% happy. ON 9/9/17 in Austin TX bus arriving 2:25 scheduled to San Antonio broke down and we were kept standing in line until we went to inquire. Few minutes later he announced the problem and had to reissue tickets for bus schedule 9401 arriving at 3:55 pm. No bus by 4:15pm. Asked for bus # so our families could track the bus to meet us on time. He explained it was impossible to know as the bus came from Mexico, the driver cannot talk while driving. Asked he do ask dispatch center he stated he had no way of getting info. He could care less for the inconvenience.

One passenger tracked the bus and told it would be here at about 4:35. Some passengers were left behind. Non English speaking passengers had it rough. Please review customer care policies to Jerry. I'm a Senior on a cane. Austin has no priority seating area like San Antonio where all drivers check in before general boarding, even the Day Duty -Supervisor assists us. Kudos to San Antonio.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Greyhound in any state in the entire North East SUCKS. Their ticket agents are mostly ** as ever. NO customer service skills at all and the managers are no better. We NOW use Megabus!!! Greyhound needs to retrain the whole staff on how to be nice!!! This issues is ongoing and has happened in New Jersey, New York, PA, Philly, Mass, upstate NY. Not just to me but to family and friends. WE all now use Megabus.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

My brother was just at the Greyhound station today in Atlanta Georgia. His ticket was for yesterday but because of the Hurricane when he called them they said that all buses have stopped running until further notice and he may reschedule when they begin again. This was WRONG information! My brother is in the military and was trying to get to his next station. He went back today when he found out that their information was wrong and they charged him $20 to "fix his ticket" as well as the rest of the military (and I assume everyone else they lied to) that was trying to travel today. This is totally wrong if then and they are a total ripoff! I can understand making a mistake, that part is fine but CHARGING people?! For YOUR mistake?! That's absolutely pathetic and Greyhound should be ashamed.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Just got off the phone street 63 minutes. Kept getting passed along and waiting for refund to change time of ticket purchased from error on their end. Very irritating and tiring talking to people with limited English communicating skills. Had the audacity to offer me to buy New ticket with $12 service fee for over the phone. Just liking to rip me off. I just needed to change my time of ticket. Wanted to charge me $20 to change ticket time on same day when it was an error online.

Extremely difficult and not customer friendly to change ticket. Hopefully, this lack of customer service will lead to a New company our service to replace Greyhound in the future. After going thru process with 1 representative for approx 45 mins I requested for refund confirmation to be sent to my email instead of waiting. She wasted my time then transferred me to another representative where I had to start from scratch to get refund. The most frustrating customer service issue I've had in my life. Also, the extremely long and time consuming call of 63 minutes hours to show their lack of customer service. I look forward to having a other options in the future to replace the need for Greyhound.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have used this brand for many years. It is very convenient to go to see my family. The drivers do not talk a lot. They concentrate on the road and the safety of the passengers, the bus performance, information on stops, towns, how many minutes we will stop to eat and departure times. I’m very satisfied and will go with this brand in the future.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE: Bought a ticket for me and my daughter from Wawa, ON to Yorkdale, ON for July 01, 2017 journey. It was the 150th Canada Day. The bus was to come to Wawa pick up point at 4:20 pm. Since the bus did not show up, I phoned to Greyhound at about 5 pm and the person who spoke to me did not help me at all, and simply said wait for the bus. Then I made another call at about 5:40 pm and spoke to someone else, he too could not help us out, and said maybe the bus got broken down. He further advised me to call him back at 6 pm which I did and someone else spoke to me and did nothing to help me.

I was, at this small town, waiting for this worst bus service since 3:30 pm. Greyhound office in Wawa never opened on that day. Opposite Petro Canada was closed and we were two ladies standing on the road side since 3:30 pm for the bus and could not even go to washroom as the place was completely dead. I phoned up again at 6:30 pm and the guy heard everything and promised that he will write all that happened to us and gave me a dispute reference # ** by promising that we will get a free tickets for the same journey.

Until today, they did not issue any voucher to this effect and whenever I call them, they transfer me to one person to another. Very Irresponsible bunch of people working at Greyhound who render worst possible customer service. I did not even want give any star, but I was unable to post my comment without giving a star, which is why I gave a star. This single star that I gave is only to post this comment. I would give minus stars to their service. Since, this is kinda monopoly service, it is our fate that we have no option but to succumb to their worst service and keep buying tickets.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

It has been several years since I've ridden on a Greyhound bus, but I remember that it seemed to take a very long time to get from one point to another. I got onboard in Houston, TX and rode for over 24 hours to reach Greeley, CO. The upside of the trip was that I got to see a lot of country that I probably would never have seen otherwise. The downside of the trip is that we stopped in every one-horse town between the two points.

Many of the towns had no places to eat, or even sightsee at. They only had the bus stop, at some little gas station, where the food in the bags was dated years before, and the coffee was so strong that the spoon stood up in the cup. It is definitely an experience that everyone should have at least once in their lives, to be able to truly appreciate having either your own vehicle to make the trip in, or having the money to purchase an airline ticket and get there within hours instead of days.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Greyhound doesn't seem to have much of a presence in the online or TV ad space. I know they are there, but they seem like aged infrastructure. I used them many years ago and they were affordable and dependable. Seems like they would still have an angle on that space.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Greyhound is not a good way of transportation at all. It's not clean nor is it safe. You never know who is on that bus. The drivers are pretty rude and they do not say anything to the ones who cause problems. Riding Greyhound you have to watch all your things and yourself. It's very dangerous and not comfortable at all. I would never ride Greyhound again. I would advise others not to either.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I purchased a ticket and made a mistake. I scheduled the morning bus instead of the evening. When I realized my mistake. I called Greyhound to make correction. And of course I was told something that simple could not be corrected unless I paid them an extra $20.00 fee. I was told to ask for a courtesy refund since it had only a couple of hours since I purchased the ticket. I was transferred to refund department, after 32 minutes on hold I finally hung up and called back. This time I was told someone would help me in 10-15 minutes, hung up again after 23 minutes. I am now on hold again for the 3rd time. I am very frustrated. Best to just purchase ticket at station when boarding... All my experiences with Greyhound have been very bad.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have ridden on a Greyhound bus cross country and up and down the eastern seaboard. I like the convenience and bus ticket prices. However, traveler beware, this route of travel is not the fastest in reaching one’s destination. Bring plenty of things to occupy your time as well as snacks. I sit back, relax, and enjoy getting to know those around me and the scenery out the windows.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I am a big fan of bus trips and Greyhound has never given me a bad experience. The new buses are really nice and with amenities like plugins, etc. the trips are so enjoyable. The price is right, the bus is really fun for me.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Never again will I travel with them. I booked a ticket online, and the week before traveling I decided to print it out to make sure everything was ok. The link said that there was an error, and when I called them, they told me it was a broken ticket and that it needed to be rescheduled. They kept giving me an excuse and false promises that the issues was fixed and that I should be getting a new ticket. After the 5th call, when I started acting more like a **, they told me that I needed to call Peter Pan Bus, since they were the carrier. I talked to Peter Pan, and they said that this has been happening for a while, that their partnership is coming to an end and Greyhound has been petty about replacing or re-issuing tickets. I'm on the phone with them right now, for the 6th time. I just told them they either get it fixed today or I'm seeking legal actions. I can't keep wasting my time with these people anymore. Do never travel with them!

Greyhound Company Information