Greyhound

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps

Research top Transportation & Rideshare Apps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Giving this place a star is too nice. It should be a zero!! I bought a ticket for Toronto from NYC and I was scheduled to leave at 12:35 on the 3rd of August from New York Port Authority Bus Terminal. As I got to the terminal, myself and other passengers had to move to another location to take the bus. That's when the problem started. As mentioned, we were supposed to leave at 12:35 pm but we did not leave until 3 AM!! There was a lack of communication with terminal employees on what's going on. Sometimes they gave conflicting information; there were buses but no drivers or there were drivers but no buses. I also noticed that the bus drivers were arguing with passengers in the terminal or cursing at us. This is not acceptable and that was unprofessional behavior.

That's not bad enough! We finally left the station and did not get to Buffalo until 10 am or so and we did not get another bus until 2 pm. I don't know if these bus drivers have a phobia of going to Toronto or what but we had to suffer the consequences. We finally got to Toronto but 4 hrs later than scheduled; we were supposed to be in Toronto at 1:35 pm that same Friday but chaos ensued. Ironically, coming back to the States was rather easier. Greyhound really needs to get it together! Its employees are unprofessional and the bus ride was horrible!! Never again will I take the bus to Toronto!! I'll take a chance and fly instead!!

I wish I could rate Greyhound -10 stars as going Greyhound was one of the worst experiences of my life. With one exception the Greyhound employees I encountered were waaaaay beyond rude... In fact most were downright hostile to the customers they are supposed to serve. They barked orders, screamed at passengers, employees herding them cattle going to the slaughterhouse. Security personnel were the worst. They would all make Gestapo agents seem like Mother Theresa. Greyhound's employees undoubtedly have the worse customer service skills of any company I have experienced. Without exception Greyhounds buses and facilities are run down, filthy, stink, uncomfortable and are continually littered. I don't know how Greyhound stays in business. I will NEVER travel via Greyhound again even if Greyhound paid me to do so, and I advise others not to do so either... Unless they actually enjoy traveling ghetto-style.

On 08/09/2017 @ 9:30 pm I was kicked out on the side of the highway by the Miller transportation, that is partnered with Greyhound bus lines, for not having the properly printed ticket, which I printed out the ticket at the Elkhart Indiana public library. Since the bus driver kicked me off I have gotten nothing but the runaround from both bus lines. I'm stuck in Elkhart, Indiana because of a minor technicality. Nobody at either bus lines is willing to help me resolve this matter!!! I need advice.

The last 3 trips from Sturgeon Falls to Ottawa in the mid hours of the night because no other options to travel during the day are available. All 3 trips were over 2 hours late. No notifications available, and calls to inquire were not efficient. After arriving in North Bay after the bus was late in Sturgeon Falls by 2.25 minutes, the driver had to call for police backup to escort this guy off the bus. This created more of a delay; not knowing what the excuse for the initial delay was for 3 trips. My son did not arrive to his work Master's university's obligations on time due to the continuous delays and lack of options for us services at any other hours during the day. Rate and time of pick up are what we expect to receive for this service. Also screening of inappropriate passengers is a safety issue. I expect to pay for a service that will get my son safe and on time to his job when visiting his family.

The website lists Bend Oregon as a terminal. However, when I needed to make a change to my itinerary, I could not do it in Bend or over the phone or internet. I could only do it by driving 4 hours to Portland or 3 hours to Eugene, neither of which I was going to. I had to buy another ticket!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Every single bus was late on my trip to and from. Every. Single. Bus. I am currently heading 2 hours the wrong direction to spend the night in a bus station because my bus was SO late the connection was missed. Why they deserve a zero is because they truly, sincerely, and absolutely DO NOT CARE. They EXPECT you to have a bad experience. They know you will have a bad experience. And they do not care.

I will be reporting my complaints to their higher ups and if nothing is ever done about it I will continue make noise about this disgusting company. They are always unorganized. They are way too expensive for us to be traveling these long exhausting hours, waiting on delays, layovers, all these unnecessary stops in between. Throughout my life Greyhound has been the worst bus trips I have ever taken and I learned that there is other buses that are way much more tolerable than this like the Mega Bus, the Lucky Star, And the Tiger bus. I have not had 1 bad experience until I had to do this Greyhound travel. I will not ever refer anyone I know to this company.

They are also abusive with their language. They do not know how to talk to their customers when they know we are spending way too much money for their crappy unorganized bad attitudes services. While traveling with this week we almost lost all of our items because the bus driver said to keep them on that bus because we will be reboarding that same bus only to find out somehow our items were headed all the way to Florida. Pissed is not the word and Greyhound could care less.

It is several folks always complaining and yet they refuse to make this traveling for us customers any comfortable. It is not worth our money. They just refuse to care about their customers! They need to be investigated all the time! Facts. Another thing before I go. They also lied to us about my ticket yet on my ticket it says 2 stops only then to have to reboard to find out we have several more stops till we get there. Very disappointed consumer! I am going to spread the word.

They resale tickets. I SUPPOSE TO leave at 1 pm. At 4 I was lucky. They ask for 2 people to board the bus. But on the line 26 people still waiting to get in the bus. The next bus was going to arrived at 6pm. I just feel sorry for a family of 7. 3 adults and 4 children. The oldest 3 years old. All of us had the same number. 1454. We were around 45 people waiting for the bus. The bus came almost full so 2 or 3 persons were able to go in the bus at one time. I have no idea at what time that big family is going to reach their destination. The worst thing THEY DO NOT REFUND THE MONEY NO MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU HAVE TO WAIT IN THE LINE TO GET IN... You have to be waiting in the line for hrs if you want to get in. Standing up or sitting on the floor. Then after my complaint one of the security guards was giving us a voucher for food for only 1 person.

No matter how many tickets you buy at the time. That poor people were able to get only one meal for 7. We were only 2 so we, my 8 years old grand son and I gave our free meal to that big family. I told them, "Why before we bought the tickets you guys don't tell us that we are going to be on waiting list." This is the last time I am taking Greyhound... the best are El Expresso next to this buses. Never have to wait at all. This was a terrible experience. Then the bus stop when going up to a hill. 15 minutes. When arriving to an immigration check point they turned off the A.c. to prevent the engine to get hot. I don't know if we are going to make it to our destination. If I don't put anything else means the trip came on after all.

I am writing this letter partially on behalf of my 72 year old grandmother who experienced what can be described as a horrible trip on Greyhound Bus. After years of riding Greyhound, she booked a cross country trip from Tacoma, WA to Richmond, VA to visit her 2 year old great-granddaughter. She started her trip on July 19th and was told the trip would take approximately three days and she should arrive in Richmond on July 22nd. Upon arriving at the bus station she was advised that her bag would have Special Handling and Greyhound would handle her bag for her while she boarded on and off the bus. She handed her bag over to a gentlemen named John, retrieved her bus ticket and boarded the bus. The level of unprofessionalism that she was met with during her ride on Greyhound is utterly ridiculous, disappointing and frustrating.

During this trip my grandmother had a female driver that had her boyfriend (or ex boyfriend) riding on the bus. At some point the driver pulled the bus over and proceeded to get into a verbal altercation with this man for almost an hour. My grandmother stated this altercation happened in the rear of the bus by the bathroom. On another bus, there was another female driver that stated she was going to meet a man at some point on the drive. My grandmother stated the driver pulled the bus over for a few hours while the driver met and spent time with this man. The driver did not even have the decency to stop where there was a restaurant or rest area. Also, this rendezvous delayed my grandmother on her trip as this was obviously not a planned stop. A male driver decided to drive without his shoes on and blasted hip hop for most of the trip.

Another driver did not want to put the foot stool out so that my grandmother could get assistance on and off the bus. On this trip the bus was icy cold and she could not get comfortable. Once my grandmother got to Philadelphia, July 22nd, she was advised that her bus was delayed by over 6 hours. When she asked someone that worked in the Greyhound station where her "Special Handling' bag was his response was, "What make you special?" He did not attempt to locate the bag or provide her with any details about how 'Special Handling' worked. At this point she contacted me. I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to get someone on the phone that could assist me. The number that is given for the local bus station has a minimum of a 4 minute hold time and then is routed to an international call center.

Each person that you talk to seems to have been trained differently as you will get different responses from each person for the same question. I finally got someone in Richmond, VA on the phone who advised that they could not locate the bag and I would need to call all of the bus stations that may have handled my grandmother’s bag in order to track it down myself. On July 23rd my grandmother arrived in Richmond, VA at 2:00 pm, her bus was almost an hour late. Needless to say that her bag was not in Richmond, VA. I was given a number to call to have someone track the bag. No one answered this phone. I was also told that the bag could be on another bus that would be coming in 2 hours later. I told the woman that was unacceptable, as I do not live in Richmond, VA but in Petersburg which is an hour drive.

My grandmother and I stayed in Richmond hoping her bag would come in on another bus, it did not. I called customer service and was told that no one be able to track the bag until the next day. What bothers me is that there seems to be only one person that can track bags in a company that has people traveling 7 days a week. After being told that the only thing I could do was wait 48 hours and then drive back to the Greyhound station to file a claim in person for the lost bag and wait 90 days for payment for the items that were lost, I asked for a supervisor. I was on hold for over 45 minutes and the supervisor never came to the line. The agent did come back to the phone to tell me that it was probably my grandmother’s fault that the bag was lost because she probably didn't check the bag in correctly. This logic doesn't make sense. If my grandmother didn't check her bag how would she know that it would have 'Special Handling'?

Why would someone named John take her bag from her that worked for Greyhound? Most importantly, if there was an extra step to bag checking is that my grandmother’s job to know or John who took her bag? I ended hanging up because it became clear that I was not going to get a supervisor on the phone. July 24th, I attempted to call the local Greyhound bus station, after two hours of getting routed to international customer service I realized it was next to impossible to talk to someone that was located at the actual station. The customer service reps didn't want to help get someone on the phone, their advice of hang up and call back was clearly not an effective method. One agent gave me the 513 area code number for the person that can track bags. I called the number, a man answered and when I told him what I needed he hung up on me and refused to answer the phone again.

I called customer service back and asked for a supervisor. At this point I had been on the phone for over two hours. I finally got a 'supervisor' on the phone who was able to locate my grandmother’s bag, finally. However, she advised me that all the other things that my grandmother and I had experienced was bad but there was nothing she could do about it. There was not anyone over her, she did not attempt to ask for any information that could help identify the drivers that clearly are unprofessional. I straight asked her if all she could do was say 'sorry' and she responded with 'yes, that's all I can do.'

What kind of company is this!? I work for a company in a department that is literally building computers to track customers complaints so that we can fix problems and retain our customers, and you mean to tell me that your drivers and employees can do pretty much anything and the best that I, and my grandmother, can get is whack apology from an agent in another country who is trained by Greyhound to NOT follow up in any kind of way. Also, how is it possible that I can be declined to speak to someone in America or even better that your escalation path is not an escalation at all. How is she a supervisor if she literally does the same job with no empowerment as the people 'below her.' My grandmother is 72, she has been riding your buses for decades and she said she would rather walk than get on another Greyhound bus.

To have people that work for Greyhound act like they cannot put down a stepping stool or assist her to make sure she doesn't fall getting on and off your bus is beyond ridiculous. Clearly her business is not valued. Not only through the experience but because her complaints don't matter either. I am appalled at the business this company is running. I also want to add that I attempted to file this complaint with the BBB and they chose to say because I am filing this on behalf of my grandmother (at her request) then won't respond to her issues or mine. What scam company is this?

I bought a $151 ticket from Illinois to Arizona. On Monday I went to the Bus stop I bought the ticket for (I was early) the bus drove by and didn't stop or even slow down. I called the customer service number for Greyhound to explained what happened. I was on hold for over 25 minutes before someone came on the line to talk to me. I was asked for the confirmation number on my ticket and explained what had happened. Then I was told the bus indeed just passed by my stop. I was then transferred and put on hold for another 20 minutes. Then I had to reexplain what had happened and was asked after a long pause what I wanted? If I wanted a refund? I said I just wanted to go to Arizona, if I could transfer my ticket to another bus. I was told to go to the same stop at the same time on Wednesday and explain to the bus driver what happened and my ticket would be reissued at the next stop.

On Wednesday I went to the same stop and again was early and again the bus drove by without stopping. I again called customer service was on hold for 20 minutes. Then after explaining what happened Monday and Wednesday I was asked if I had tried to get the bus driver's attention? I said it's a scheduled stop I bought a ticket for I shouldn't have to do that. I was again transferred and told to go to the same stop Thursday and call customer service so they can contact the driver to make sure he stops.

Thursday I called and was told they don't do that because I don't have a ticket through Greyhound. I was given another bus company # to call. I called the other bus company. They informed me it was a Greyhound ticket (I already knew it was) then I went to the bus stop and again the bus drove by without stopping. This has been a huge headache, a major inconvenience, and a lot of stress. I will be calling to get a refund so I can travel with a different company. I will also be letting everyone I know not to travel Greyhound.

I purchased ticket in Traverse City to go to Jackson round trip. Missing a day’s work plus because of 17 hour layover I wasn't told about prior to purchasing ticket or even afterward. This is so wrong. What the hell am I I supposed to do?

Recently I booked 2 tickets from Cleveland to Detroit for my 2 teenage children. My mother was in the hospital and I needed to get my kids back home. I had never traveled with Greyhound before and was initially thrilled to book so easily and inexpensively. However, when I got my credit card bill it said that I was charged $62.60 for tickets that were supposed to cost a total of $39.00. I called the customer service department and they told me that there was a $5.00 "processing fee" and an $18.00 fee for using a credit card that is not in the name of the passenger. They claim that this information came up at the time of booking but it must have been in teeny tiny writing because I never saw anything on my phone regarding these outrageous fees! Customer service refused to refund any of the fees. That will be the first and last time we ever use Greyhound. They can keep their sticky seats and ridiculous fees!

The attention of Greyhound is horrible. Starting from your fair point which is Miami. The ticket counter person doesn't manage themselves well. Always rude. The people that put your luggage on the bus are worst. The people that drive the bus are rude. You cant speak a word. They shut you up. There is discrimination in every spot either if you're ** or Hispanic/Latin. The buses for longer rides are very uncomfortable. The seats aren't reclinable. They take the Wi-Fi away from the people. They don't wanna speak nothing to you and when they see you by the door walking they close the door on your face.

They leave you on any Greyhound area because apparently there aren't anymore chauffeurs left. They don't wanna speak Spanish English. Nothing. They shut you up. There is too much discrimination. They don't care if there are children. They don't let people take out the food from the buses for your children. They are racist. The people that work for Greyhound are extremely disrespectful. This is the worst experience ever for me. I hope someone before buying a ticket reads the comments. I hope I did to know what I would have gotten myself into.

I had been riding the Greyhound bus for well over a decade; don't ask me why when, suddenly and unexpectedly, I found myself settled in Chattanooga and haven't had the pleasure for four years, but I'll gladly "Ride the Dog" again. What better way to test your mettle, your patience, your ability to withstand stress than to take the bus. There are certain regular characters who make up a typical passenger count; people going to or from funerals, recently released prisoners, criminals on the run, fake soldiers, the list goes on and on. Some, like most of the people posting here, are "bus virgins" who have never experienced the world of Greyhound before and swear they never will again. But we'll see them again, for sure, when they don't have a choice, because that's the only time anyone chooses the Greyhound over any other form of transportation except hitchhiking or riding the rails.

I try to carry extra food and water for the poor sods who thought there would be amenities like restaurants along the way or who don't have money (or say they don't). One time I met a woman who was drinking hot sauce to keep the hunger pains at bay. I bought her lunch. From what I'm reading here, nothing has changed or, at least, has improved. Good luck to all and I'll see you on the bus.

My 17 yr old daughter and my 13 yr old daughter went and visited my sister round trip. Everything went fine on the way there but on the way back they stopped in Kansas City, MO where they were to switch buses. The bus they we're getting off of was great, the bus driver took excellent care of them, but the next bus refused to allow my girls on the bus because my 13 yr old did not have an ID. So the bus driver left my 17 yr old daughter and 13 yr old daughter in Kansas City, MO at 1 am. The customer service desk was suppose to close leaving no one there except passengers.

My daughter called me at 1 am crying and scared. They were suppose to be safe and sound on the bus not stuck in the middle of a strange town all alone. The next bus didn't come until 8 am. Thankfully the customer service guy never left and stayed there to protect my girls. It scared the crap out of me to think of what could have happen to them. We Googled some of their stops on the way home and got them off the bus 2 hours from our house. They would’ve originally been home at 340 pm. Because of what happen they wouldn't have been home until 1236 am. We got them off the bus at 250 pm and got them home safe. I will be filing a law suit against Greyhound. I will make sure that this never happens to any other girls. My oldest is 17 yrs old. She was the adult traveling with her 13 yr old sister. This should have NEVER of happened.

My experience with Greyhound was beyond horrible and tiring. Let me start off with how I had a 240a bus to catch at the station in Virginia but delays after delays kept coming up.... making me, my mom and my boyfriend have to wait on long lines just to change the time on our tickets 3 times. But that’s the least of what upsetted me, the fact that I overheard the Greyhound employees talking about how one of the driver’s license expired so they didn’t have any spare drivers to drive the bus we were supposed to take.

I thought it was very unprofessional that that’d be the reasoning why there’s so many delays just cause Greyhound wasn’t doing their job keeping up with each and every driver’s status. But anyway we had to wait another 6 more hours for a bus to finally arrive and take us to Port Authority in NY... we arrived in NY at 345p. Mind you we've been going through hell with Greyhound services since 810p the night before so that’s pretty much 19 hours. Now I went ahead and called Greyhound's customer service the day after I got home... they listened and the representative said they’d send a voucher for 174.50$ for the inconvenience which calmed me down a bit and told me how it’d take 7-14 business days for me to get it in the mail…

It has been a month now and I’ve called them back more than 10 times asking about the whereabouts of my voucher since they gave me a reference number to track it and kept on giving me dates of when I should "definitely" receive the voucher. Each and every time I call they use the same old tired line that they emailed the people who processed the voucher to see what’s going on. I’m fed up and tired of having to postpone my travels just because a multi-million dollar business or whatever it is like Greyhound can’t simply send a 174.50$ voucher. After I get what I was told I should get I’m never taking Greyhound buses and wouldn’t recommend their service to anyone reading this... Worst bus service to date.

So this is my first and last trip on Greyhound. I am traveling from St Louis to Chicago in the worst heatwave of the summer (104 at the moment) -- and the bus I'm on appears to be 50 years old. The bathroom is insanely filthy, wifi doesn't work, the bus is over crowded, and the AC stopped working. Hours agonizing. My bus is expected to arrive 2 hours late so I've already missed my flight from O'Hare. This is truly 3rd world service. I feel as if I'm riding a bus in Mumbai. Horrible experience. Luckily people are staying calm and enduring their suffering in sweaty silence.

I am going from Salt Lake City, Utah to Charlottesville, Virginia and like always the bus is late. My layover in Denver goes from 1 hour to 24 hours because the bus I was on was 45 min. late. They don't care and act as if I'm the problem. I get to miss my mother's funeral now and they don't even care. Awful company and even worse customer service. Zero stars.

I recently booked a trip with Greyhound that will be New York bound. I selected the desired trip before logging into my account and made the payment. Once I received my ticket confirmation, a reward showed up (after the purchase was made even though the reward was because of a previous trip I had made). I was then informed that the reward would have to be used for a future trip, which is not applicable in my case.

I bought 2 tickets from Silver Spring to New York on July 11. We got to the station and waited like 4 hours before giving up because we kept being told the bus was late then. Every time we would ask we were told they are trying to call the driver but he's not answering... By far the worse experience with any company in my life. I dont understand how they can lose a bus! It was crazy and I def wouldnt want anyone else going thru it. So I will be writing reviews on everything I can so people are aware how horrible they are. Wasted 4 hours because of their incompetence. Dont use them because you dont know if you'll actually end up going...

After the first bus I was supposed to get on got delayed THREE times, I finally was able to get on the road. So when I was supposed to get on my transfer bus to go back home to IL, at 4:00 am, my bus arrived at 4:20, meaning that bus that was going to take me home left right on time. Which is weird because every other bus seemed somewhat late to pick up their passengers. Moral is they caused me to stay an extra 4 hours in a station 300 miles away from my home. After a 22 hour bus ride I just want to get home. But oh wait, thanks to Greyhound I will be late arriving home. Horrible experience. Also since I'm doing a review, the seats are the most uncomfortable thing I have ever had the displeasure of having to sit in for so long.

The bus from San Antonio to Waco was 3.5 hours late. No one person informed of the delay until the bus was an hour late. I will Never take Greyhound unless it is absolutely the only choice left. Be well. Sitting on the floor for 3 1/2 hours is not worth it.

My mom bought a ticket in Ocala, FL on June 30, 2017 for me to depart from Raleigh, NC. I had a medical emerg and wasn't able to make trip. I called Raleigh bus station Thurs July 13 and was told by the lady (approx. 11am) that I could reschedule at station. I was coming from Burlington, NC. I wanted to make sure everything was clear before I came. I'm currently homeless. Have no car. No money. No phone, and trying to leave an abusive husband. She said no extra fees were required because the ticket was non refundable but could be rescheduled.

When I got there about 4 pm July 13, I was told by a different lady that my ticket expired, to call customer service. Which I did and I'm sorry I didn't get THAT lady's name. She was VERY rude and told me the ticket was expired and the money my mom spent was gone. How can I be told by one Greyhound employee that all is well and by another that I have no ticket? This would be my 7th trip with y'all since last summer. You can pull up my name to check! I have always had very pleasant experiences with Greyhound. UNTIL THIS!!! I sent an email to Greyhound yesterday. STILL NO RESPONSE!! All I want, at this point, is for my original trip to be rescheduled. Asap. Did I mention the emotional distress of crying in front of several people I didn't know?

Me and my family of four booked Greyhound bus service from Toronto Niagara Fall and back to Toronto on July 7th and return July 8th, 2017. Ticket was $70 more comparing to Megabus but I thought it would be better for my family. We were suppose to leave 9 am from Toronto but bus didn't show up until 9:25 am. Leaving from Niagara fall was the worst experience. Starting from the ticket collector, he was very rude. All the passenger was put in different Bus. (Toronto Chartered) It was not Greyhound Bus.

Soon as we got in the bus it smell like burned tyre. Air condition was broken and the armrest was broken too. Thank god I didn't had to use washroom. It was really hot inside the bus. More than myself, my two kids 8 yrs and 4 yrs old was sweating and complaining that they want to get out of the Bus. That hour and half journey was like hell. Felt like we were in the oven getting baked. I would not personally travel with Greyhound bus anymore. My expectations with Greyhound is all ruined. I hope Greyhound reads this message and improve their service so other would get better service.

May 30th my boyfriend and I were traveling from Tupelo, Ms to Racine, Wisconsin to visit his mother. We were booked to leave at 11 am and arrive in Wisconsin at 8 am the following day! SO DID NOT GO THAT WAY! We had a 6 1/2 LAYOVER in the next state for absolutely no reason. The power was out and the bathrooms were out of order. It was VERY hot and overcrowded. The layover was supposed to end at 8:00pm. We didn't leave the bus station until almost 10 pm because our bus driver decided to eat.

On top of being extra late, we were completely and utterly FROZEN because the bus driver had the air SO HIGH! That resulted in our bus breaking down at 4 am in the middle of nowhere! (In Paxton, Illinois). It was super hot, had no electricity for phones, & it was again overcrowded! The bathrooms were horrible and a poor elderly lady was getting beyond sick because she was diabetic and nobody could do ANYTHING because the nearest hospital was 2 hours away! We literally stood on side of the road for 5 freakin hours waiting for another bus and it was SCORCHING OUTSIDE! There were small babies on the bus too! It was completely terrible and I will NEVER waste my money on Greyhound AGAIN!! They are terrible, terrible, & terrible!

After purchasing tickets through Wanderu, I opted to print tickets at bus station, after arriving at the bus station, the lady at the customer service told us, she could not print our tickets for us... that we had to find a Staples or somewhere to print our tickets ourselves. We spent about an hour on the phone with Greyhound. They finally sent what we needed to print our tickets, but they still couldn't print them for us... Luckily Amtrak across the street helped us print them out. After getting the destination tickets, taken care of everything as far the bus trip finally went smoothly. If you’re purchasing bus tickets, Greyhound informed us it's easier to buy the tickets from Greyhound... it only makes travel more difficult using a third party internet company.

Avoid Greyhound like the plague from the rude customer service and bus drivers. When I was at the Dallas terminal they were so rude and mean. The bus left Dallas and I can tell something was wrong with the brakes from the awful noise they made. Asked the driver if the brakes are ok. Very rudely said they are just fine. Drove all the way to Amarillo Tx and the bus fails inspection in Amarillo Tx then had to wait over 2 hrs for a new bus. Called Greyhound about this and they can care less. So let's see how they care when DOT gets on them. That's right I gave the DOT all the information on the bus. Plus their bathrooms at the terminal are just sooo gross. Next time I travel I will pay the extra money to fly.

So I booked a ticket online so that I can go get a car from Alabama traveling from Daytona Beach. I showed up early and had my confirmation number and ID and the bus driver said that I cannot get on the bus because I didn't have a physical ticket. I asked him how long I had to try and contact customer help and he pointed at his cigarette and in the most condescending tone he could come up with said, "Until the end of this ** cigarette" then when I showed up again in the morning there was almost no assistance from the front desk agent, working with equipment so old the printer wouldn't even work.

I have now missed out on the one opportunity I had to purchase a particular car at a price that was within my budget. I have now missed that opportunity thanks to you people. Now I have to figure out a different plan for my 8 month pregnant wife and I, now that this 15 year United States Army combat vet missed the one opportunity he had to get a car to take my child home from the hospital. You people have cost me way more than a missed trip, you cost my family its needs. I am sure that I will receive a refund, but just understand that a refund doesn't always cover the cost of your actions.

This is one of the worst experiences I've ever had!!! We started out in Tampa Florida which was okay. We were told we would only have one stop in Savannah Georgia. We have now stopped three times. Once in Orlando for 1 hour, once in Daytona, and then an hour and a half in Jacksonville. What happened to having one stop? The employees at all three of these stops were some of the rudest people I have ever met. Yelling at customers who can't speak English. Their customer service skills are below average. These employees are rude, unprofessional, and have not been properly trained. The amount of $ I paid for a ticket is absurd. This should be free.

I will never take one of these disgusting things ever again. And I will NEVER recommend taking one of these to anyone. I would rather walk to where I'm going then ride on these buses. I would of rather of paid the extra $200 to fly than to take this. Fun and scenic? How about dirty, smelly, hot, and rude. Want to be treated rudely? Take a trip on a Greyhound where you receive the worst customer service in the world!

I dropped my husband off at the bus station at 1:15 pm on the 22nd and he was supposed to arrive in Vegas the next day at 8:45 pm. He left Denton Tx on time, got to Oklahoma City for what was supposed to be a hour layover that turned into 7 1/2 hours, and at this point they have already lost his luggage. Then when he got to Amarillo Tx him and all the passengers were put on a bus to go into Arizona where the temps have been over 120 degrees with no air conditioning. He finally arrived in Vegas 11 hours late and because of all of this he lost his reservation at the hotel and now all hotels are booked. AND still no luggage.

He finally reached customer service this morning and all they said they can do for him is refund $40 of his ticket price. Are you all kidding me? Because of this bus line he had to sit in a bus station for 7 1/2 hours, lost his bag with all his clothes, tickets, and all personal hygiene products, then put him in a hot tin can riding into the 120 temps with no air, sweating into his clothes with no clothes to change into, and then cost him his place to sleep and shower and the best you people can do is give him $40. We will NEVER use this company again. To the corporate office you all need a better training program. No one should have to be treated this way.

Greyhound Company Profile