1.17/5
Based on 251 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 26, 2018

1459 Greyhound Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2018

Travelling recently from Seattle to Astoria via Portland. Not the most savoury of locations for the bus station to be situated, however was up to speed on this fact by traveller reviews. Arrived well in advance for our bus, and was sorry that we didn't bring much food with us as this particular station is quite small and under-serviced in terms of food/beverage availability. We then proceeded to sit there waiting, and as our travel time approached, then passed, to which it became 45 mins late before an announcement was made, we then boarded an hour after it was supposed to leave. The female driver informed us into the trip that Greyhound had failed to book a driver for our trip, so she was called on as an emergency!

Absolutely disgusting condition of a clearly old bus - uncomfortable and stained material seats, overhead bins falling away from ceiling, old power connectors ready to fry your device. The Greyhound website advertises NEW buses for which this was certainly NOT new! We were booked right through for a connecting bus in Portland to head through to Astoria, for which we knew we would never make it due to our lengthy delay. Painfully slow drive to Portland, stopping at every location regardless of whether passengers were waiting or not. Arrived an hour and a half late into Portland for which we were instructed there were several missed connections, and to go to the service desk for further assistance.

Upon dragging ourselves up to the desk looking a little worse for wear, we were greeted with an extremely unfriendly woman who made no attempt at offering a helpful or satisfying solution, rather making an offer to refund the cost of the connecting bus. Nevermind the fact there were no further buses to Astoria until the next morning, and we had a hotel booking that would require cancellation. Of course she made no offer to compensate accommodation losses or contribute to finding accommodation in Portland. We were shocked and appalled when she made the suggestion that we stay in the station overnight - with of course her presence due to the large homeless population occupying the surroundings! Uuuummm? Seriously?!!

Exhausted and completely disgusted we managed to call a hotel and find accommodation in Portland short notice, and took her petty offer of a ticket refund. When asked about how to complain to Greyhound, we were only offered a phone number, for which international visitors are not going to waste their time and money calling. Very poor by Greyhound to not have a complaints form or email, clearly an easy way out as most people prefer online contact. Shame this once great company has gone into such decline. I will never travel with this company again, and will never recommend it as a preferred way of travel.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was supposed to board a bus in Fort Lauderdale to take me to Miami to catch a connecting bus to the Florida Keys. There was a bus leaving Fort Lauderdale at the time I was supposed to leave going to Miami but I was not allowed to board that bus because it was not my bus number. The next bus finally showed up a half an hour late and the bus driver would not let us board because he said he had to wait for another bus driver to relieve him. I asked him how long it would have to wait for the new bus driver and he didn't know neither did the people behind the counter. He said that once we got to Miami since we would miss our connecting bus to the Keys we would get an Uber down there. I ask the desk how long it was going to be because my boyfriend can just come pick me up from the keys and they had no idea.

They didn't even know if a bus driver was going to show up that night so I proceeded to get a refund for my ticket. As soon as I got the bus to Miami showed up but I was not able to board because I had refund in my ticket so the reason I am mad is because this could have been avoided if we could have boarded the bus that was leaving at the time that we were supposed to leave, even though it was not our bus number it was still going to our destination. That is poor customer service in my mind and something needs to be done about that and the refund is going to take 3 days to go into my account but it only takes a split second to take it out of my account.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation & Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

While travelling from Little Rock to Memphis the Greyhound I was on broke down. I sat on the bus for 4 hrs in the heat before a bus showed to take some of us to Memphis. Once I reached Memphis I had missed my connecting bus. They reissued me a ticket. This bus was late getting to Nashville. Once again missed connecting bus. They wanted me to wait from 7 pm till 5 am to catch another bus and I wasn't guaranteed a seat. I went off. They finally put me on the 725 bus to Louisville Kentucky. I didn't pay attention to the layover time. Once I got to Louisville I was informed I had a 9 and a half hr layover. 6 and a half hrs later they put me on a bus to Cincinnati Ohio which had another 6 and a half hr layover.

Left there on time. Amazing right? Arrived on Columbus only to find out the bus was running an hr behind. I finally got to Pittsburgh at 730 pm. This trip started at 1255am on Tues. I got to Pitt at 730 Thurs and still had to catch the local bus home. I finally made it home at 1230 am. They said they were going to compensate me for all my inconveniences. They did but instead of discussing this with me they discussed it with the card holder and they reimbursed me $50. What a joke for an extra 17 hrs. In 15 yrs this has been my worse trip to date.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I would like to file a formal complaint against the bus driver of the trip I am currently on. I am travelling with my disabled father from Houston, Tx to Denver, Co. Since he is hearing impaired, I chose a seat on the bus next to him. At one of the stops, before exiting the bus, I placed my water in the cupholder/bag on seat to reserve my seats while I went to the restroom. Upon returning, someone had taken my belongings, placed them in the overhead compartment, and sat in the seats my father and I were in - placing me in a very undesirable position in the back of the bus, with my father sitting several rows away. The next bust stop, I decided to stay on the bus to see if I could reclaim a seat for my father and I - and I found a pair of empty seats, with a bag sitting on one of the seats.

I figured since someone had taken my belongings off my seat at the last stop, I could do the same since there are no "assigned seats." The gentleman whose seats my father and I sat in returned to board the bus, and got very angry with me. This passenger was verbally abusive to me, threatened to "whoop my ass" to which I calmly responded that there were no assigned seats. Said gentleman exits the bus to inform the BUS DRIVER that "some lady had touched his belongings" and "stole his seat." The bus driver gets back on the bus, only to chastise ME for "touching someone else's belongings" then makes me and my disabled father move from the seats.

I calmly asked the driver if I could ask him if he was aware of the other passenger verbally abusing/threatening me, but the driver cut me off, did not give me a chance to explain; furthermore, he threatened to kick me off the bus in the middle of nowhere if I said "one more word" to him. This behavior from a bus driver is highly inappropriate and I believe this driver should be reprimanded for his poor behavior and disrespectful attitude toward passengers. I would be very surprised if I was the first person to complain about this driver. This is absurd, I am very upset, and I would like to be refunded for these tickets. I didn't ride Greyhound to be treated like a criminal and be threatened by the driver to be left in the middle of nowhere when I did nothing wrong. He would not even listen to me. I would not recommend this mode of transport to anyone.

Original review: May 21, 2018

This was my second time riding across the U.S on their "renovated" buses in 2 months and I will beg, borrow, or steal before I do it again. From San Francisco to Alabama and back, the agents are incompetent, rude if you are having difficulty grasping their ignorance, and completely indifferent (look it up) to any and all concerns or complaints. They repeatedly threaten to have you thrown off of a bus or taken off the schedule if you so much as give them half the attitude they throw at you. Yelling at customers, (that's right Greyhound... PAYING CUSTOMERS) for not somehow magically knowing where to go or what to do because your agents don't know themselves.

And security! I was yelled at by a woman who couldn't secure a sandwich in a zip-lock for daring to ask her not to yell at me for asking where the restroom was. She quickly threatened to have me kicked off the schedule when I asked if she thought it was appropriate to speak to customers this way. Where was security when a drug fueled psychotic jumped into the driver's area while driving 70+ miles per hour and threatened to roll the bus?!? You didn't notice this man coming through security??? Too busy yelling at us annoying people trying to relieve our overfilled bladder for fear of being stranded. Yes, there is a police report to back my story.

And the worst part of it all... there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it. They, Greyhound, clearly have this behavior as their model from top to bottom because it is the same from one stop to the next. I saw a family of seven stranded in El Paso because of a language barrier. A crazed man threatened the lives of everyone on the bus... still haven't heard, "Gee, we're sorry about that," I witnessed countless incidents in which security yelled and threatened passengers, and I was threatened with removal for having to piss. This is what happens when you give ignorant people the perception of power rather than promote customer service.

I would beg, borrow, or steal to travel any other way than to give this company my hard earned money again. Greyhound should be investigated and should not be allowed to continue conducting business this way. P.S. -The buses are not renovated and are disgusting despite their false advertising. The free wifi rarely works making their highly touted new eTicket feature useless. And you better have an independent means of charging your devices as almost all the outlets are without power.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Greyhound?

Original review: May 19, 2018

Purchased the bus ticket on Greyhound.com. Apparently, ticket for another bus operator. Bus driver did not accept the ticket and refused boarding. Said Greyhound regularly sells tickets they are not suppose to. Greyhound refused resolution saying I should talk with the bus operator for which they sold the ticket (???). Looking for the attorney who would be interested to start a class action lawsuit (assuming that bus driver was correct, he said he rejects those tickets daily).

Original review: May 16, 2018

My fiance was coming to visit me in Georgia for my grandfather's memorial. He booked his bus tickets, was there a few hours early at the bus station in Virginia, and waited for hours like he always does with Greyhound. The bus is always late so he misses his transfer bus. He bought the nonrefundable tickets for cheaper, however he was told that the bus driver didn't show up and apparently didn't warn anyone so people were waiting hours for a bus that was never coming. In THIS type of situation I think a refund is needed. He tried looking up plane tickets (too expensive), he tried booking another bus (took too long) he had to rent his own car and drive. I am not happy with Greyhound, there are too many disappointments.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I bought a fare on Greyhound bus from Las Vegas where I was visiting my parents to Long Beach, CA where I live. The bus left late from the station and took two hours longer than scheduled to arrive at the Los Angeles depot. Apparently they don't take into account the very well-known traffic between the two cities. Even though the bus was running very late, the driver still made a long, unnecessary stop on the way even though there were no passenger pick-ups or drop-offs. We arrived in Los Angeles at about 10 pm at night where I was told I had missed my connection to Long Beach and there wouldn't be another bus going there until the next morning. My choices were to spend the night - a lone young female - in the extremely filthy and sketchy bus station or find another way home.

I didn't have a lot of money which is why I took the ** Greyhound service in the first place but I ended up calling a taxi to take me to the metro rail station. I got on the train going from downtown LA to Long Beach at about 11 pm. I was the only one on the train which goes right through the highest crime areas in Southern California. The train stopped half-way to my destination and I was informed that it was ending its route for the night and I would have to exit and wait on the platform in South Central LA at 11:30 at night for the next train to arrive. I sat alone on the platform in the middle of the night for 45 minutes until the next train came. I finally got home about 5 hours later than scheduled. I called Greyhound customer service the next day and received no apology or anything and was told I could file a claim to refund the portion of my journey from LA to LB and I would get about $6. Never again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Everything about Greyhound is absolutely ridiculous. The service is absolutely horrible, all the employees are **. They treat everyone like dogs, they are unprofessional in every way. All the bus stations are unsafe and shady. I mean shady as sitting under a willow tree. Hospitality is this company's #1 last concern. No wonder everyone hates using this service. They are outdated. I feel like it's 1997 when I'm using Greyhound. A lot of the bus stations are outdated, the buses have Wi-Fi... woo big whoop nothing new. How bout you all have an engineering dept. That can create a good bus experience with different seats that we can lay down or something.

It's 2018 let's get with the times. Drunk people always yelling in the station. Don't even get me started on the food, God the fish sandwich... Absolutely no flavor, forgot the cheese. I wanted to add, put literally like 17 pickles on there and the bun to fish ratio is ludicrous... So Greyhound. Maybe quit laying your CEO and board members so much and actually trying putting money back into your company. That's how companies grow... Business 101 guys. I feel like all you hire is bipolar mouth breathers that you can visibly tell hate you and their life. Like 1.7 percent of employees are enjoyable. Get it together slackers!

Original review: May 13, 2018

Greyhound Bus Recent trip. 3 hour delay at beginning of trip with no contact to let us know about delay. Bus conditions were deplorable. The seats, and restrooms were disgusting, and the seat belts, plugs and seats were non functional. The customer service was the worst I've ever experienced. Rude, no empathy, and belligerent. You can tell the only reason this company is in business is because of their prices.

Original review: May 10, 2018

This is the most unprofessional, disorganized company I ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I bought a ticket for my boyfriend to travel from Florida to West Virginia. The very first stop they made he was informed that there was a problem and it there would be a five hour delay on his next bus. They had to reissue his ticket and change the entire itinerary. He was fixed to sleep on a hard floor in the bus station. They finally left but because they were now running way behind we had to constantly worry that he wouldn't make husband next bus and the uneasy feel I no if being unsure when and where the the scheduling times were.

There were even more delays throughout many more stops. When the time comes and goes of when he was supposed to be home relaxing from his trip he is stick in Pittsburgh tired, frustrated, and hungry because he only had enough money to provide food for the time the original itinerary was made. He is arriving at his final destination almost six hours past the time he was supposed by arrive, causing hardship on the people picking him up and everyone is angry, frustrated, and in an overall bad mood due to Greyhound's inability to get their bus schedules tight.

When I called customer service I'm connected with some idiot who could barely speak English and he informs me that there is nothing he can do until 24 hours after the nightmare is complete. So first of all we should have been informed that the itinerary would be changed before he boarded the first bus and made sure I still wanted the ticket rather than get him stranded in Birmingham AL where he had no choice but to concede to these changes in his travel plan. Then I find out that it would have only cost a few dollars more to fly bc and we wouldn't have spent the past two days in this realm of hell. I will never use Greyhound again and I will tell everyone I can so I can save my fellow man the headache of dealing with them.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have been dealing with a claims settlement for just about 7 months 210 days when Greyhound states their claims are handled within 90 days. Every time I call it's just another hoop to jump through. Why is it that the first person I spoke to didn't give me all the information they would need answered, every time I call it's just another hoop to jump through. Now the latest hoop is they don't have my baggage claim ticket number, it's as clear as day on the original papers I filled. It's as if Greyhound is waiting for me to give up. I am very dissatisfied with the way this matter is being handled. What's next? I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I'll more than likely be given another B.S. hoop to jump through. I'm tired of hearing "I'm sorry, please be patient." Get it through heads already. It's been 7 months. 210 days. 120 days past their supposed 90 days. Sorry my **.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I had a bus scheduled out at 1:55 PM from Meadville PA to Pittsburgh PA on 5/6/18. I paid EXTRA ticket money to take the afternoon bus over the morning one. I sat at the bus station waiting on a bus that didn't come. At 2:15 I called Greyhound to see what was going on because the Greyhound bus tracker website was giving no information on delays. It was still showing in Erie, PA. The Greyhound rep was of no help and didn't know if a bus was still coming or not. She said the bus was off so the GPS was not moving. She only told me she could transfer me to another representative if I wanted to file a complaint. I told her, filing a complaint doesn't get me on the bus. I have to be out so I can catch the Columbus, Ohio bus.

I ended up having to call the Erie, PA bus station to see what was going on with the bus. They said it was broke and they were trying to fix it. There was no other information on when it would be ready. I waited until 5:30 and still no bus so I called about exchanging the tickets and had to go to Erie to catch an 8:55 pm bus to Columbus since the next one to leave Pittsburgh was at the same time and took 7 hours on the estimated travel time, I mind as well bypass Pittsburgh. When I got to Erie, the customer service attendant behind the counter offered no compensation for the Meadville to Pittsburgh ticket which was useless with their bus that broke never came forcing me to drive to another city to get a connection. I wasted money on a ticket that was not refunded or made right. On top of that, the customer service representative was not only unapologetic but also completely rude. I will not be using Greyhound again for any traveling option.

Original review: May 7, 2018

My bus was scheduled to depart at 9:45am. An hour went by and no workers at the terminal informed us of the situation. Eventually a woman told us that the bus arrived at 42nd street (which is about a 30 min drive from the GWB terminal) and that it was on its way. I called the Greyhound customer service and after talking to several people (who were all noticeably incompetent) was told that the bus got cancelled. At around 12:00pm the bus came in with a different bus number so I presume they sent a different bus. A delay over 2 hours caused me to miss my next bus in Hartford.

I then spoke with a Greyhound representative about having my ticket honored. On my phone, I found about 3 buses from Hartford to Worcester (my destination), and I showed them to the representative however I was told that none of them were running. I was then told that I would have to board the same bus (which was backing out and I almost missed!) and travel from Hartford to Boston, and from Boston I would be able to travel to Worcester. I ended up paying for a commuter rail ticket at South Station because I didn't want to witness any more miscommunication or disorganization. Not to mention I was on the brink of missing my best friend's performance. I don't want to be too emotionally driven in this review but I have to say that this day was very upsetting and frustrating. My money will no longer be given to this service.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I had a 9am bus to Mt Laurel, NJ for my a bridal shower. When I got into line at 8:40am - boarding time - all of the 8am bus riders were still waiting for their bus + bus driver; there was no indication of where or how long it'd be. By 9:15am, the 8am, 9am, and 9:30am riders were now crowding up Port Authority, like animals in a zoo. No one who worked for Greyhound remotely cared, not even the "customer service" people. By 9:45am, after realizing I would be missing my friend's bridal shower if I waited any longer for a delinquent bus and bus driver (plus realizing the group before me still had to get on), I decided to split a $230 Uber with 2 of the other girls waiting for their bus. I tried calling Greyhound customer service multiple times, but no one was able to help me get refunded or determine WHAT THE HELL happened. How does this company stay afloat? It's an utter joke, and a nightmare - you ruined a lot of people's days yesterday.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My friend got a bus ticket for 10:50am but when she went in to get the ticket they told her it was for 6:10pm. She called Greyhound and was told it was leaving at 6:55pm. We went back at 6:00 and were then told that she doesn't leave until tomorrow night at 6:50. No explanation either time for the changes. I will never book on Greyhound again!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Waited 3 hours for the bus and it never showed up. When trying to get a refund they lied. Said the bus did its schedule and would not refund my payment. The phone call took over an hour with customer service followed by them hanging up.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I purchased a ticket $235 for a trip that was supposed to be 23 hours, however the trip turned into 40 hours due to the fact the bus driver did not show up! Of course I made a complaint on 4.2.18 and was to get a refund of $110 in 7-10 days. (Their policy was to get refund in the time frame). No refund, called again then told it would be 7-14 days. No refund, called again then told it would be 7-20 days. By now I was so furious, these stupid people don't know they head from a hole in the ground.

I began calling so much that I was ashamed of myself, but $110 is a lot to me. Nobody could tell me how to get in touch with the refund department, you have to talk to people who can't hardly speak English, they couldn't even tell me where my refund was or if it was being processed. Well now the staff are telling to check on Friday and if not there call back on Monday. (I hate these people!)

Now we are back to, "Check your account. It should be there this afternoon or in the morning," I have been told this 3 times. Here I am today 31 days later and still no response. I have sent emails, that didn't work. I said a word yesterday and the man told me I had 1 time saying that! WHO is he to tell me what I can say after they won't get my money into my banking account. After writing this I will start calling again, this really makes my day having to get upset about my monies. My advice: DO NOT TRAVEL GREYHOUND!

Original review: May 1, 2018

So if anyone is thinking of using Greyhound in the future I highly recommend you don’t. I’ve been stuck at a bus station since 1:30 a.m. last night because of their mistake. Now I’m being told that we can’t stay in the bus station anymore and they are locking us out at 6 p.m. when our connection bus doesn’t show up until 1:30 a.m. So not only has a day of my life been wasted (with literally no compensation whatever) and not only am I getting home a day later the schedule (again because Greyhound ** up) but now I get to sit outside in a random city for 7 and half hours waiting. When I asked the attendant if there was anything we could do he suggested “I don’t know. Wait at Taco Bell I guess?” With almost zero empathy. This is almost unbelievable.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have purchased a ticket for May 1, and clicked "confirm". However, the actual purchase came as May 2. Within hours I called the company to address the error, and was asked to pay extra fees 40% of the original price of the ticket. Spoke with Sean and Macias (supervisors), who said they are the last level of customer care, no bosses above them, and that I have to pay the fee. Horrible customer service, sneaky practices.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I wanted to purchase a bus ticket on Greyhound from Syracuse to New York City. I went to the website and typed in my departure city and destination, and I got a message saying I had typed in the same city for both, which I hadn't. So I called the number on the website, and it took me 26 minutes to buy a ticket. I don't know why it took so long, but it seemed like it was difficult for the customer service agent to understand me and to process the order.

First, she told me it was $37, but in the end it was $51 because of a $12 processing fee plus a $2 dollar service fee. She also told me I would receive the ticket by email, but when I got the email it said I had to pick it up at the bus station. Also, the email I received said that it was first come first serve, which I was not told when I made the purchase. I thought I was buying a reserved seat. I feel that I didn't have all of the information I needed when I made this purchase and therefore it was not fair to me as a consumer. In contrast, Amtrak charges $52 for the same trip, it took five minutes to order it on the phone, and they sent me an E ticket for a reserved seat. After this experience is very hard for me to have faith in Greyhound.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I’ve been riding Greyhound for 10 years and their policy about changing tickets is ridiculous. How do you expect to run a business if you’re giving off bad service. I bought my ticket but I bought it leaving the wrong city so when I tried to change the city I was leaving to and from they would not let me change it nor would they give me my money back so I can purchase another ticket to get on the bus. I explain to the driver that my personals was stolen and I was trying to get home and they didn't bother to help. Greyhound lacks compassion. NEVER AGAIN. DO NOT RIDE GREYHOUND. TAKE MEGABUS. BETTER SERVICE AND CHEAPER PRICES.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I recently purchased a ticket (my first time using Greyhound) to go to Minneapolis from the Chicago area. I could have driven (would have been a 6.5 hour drive instead of 9 hours on the bus) but I decided it would be more economical for me to just take a Greyhound one way there to visit my friend and then use Credit Card Rewards Points for a rental car to drive myself back. My station was the second on the route (after the main hub in Chicago) and it was a bus hub that is shared by city Pace buses and such as well. Since it's not a main station, there is no indoor seating area and even though there was a Greyhound office there, there was no one in it (it was closed).

My bus was supposed to arrive at 4:20 to leave, I got there 20 mins ahead of time as suggested. The arrival time comes and no bus. I get on their app to check the bus tracker to see where the bus was and nothing was showing up. I wait at the station, in the cold for this bus. Finally at 4:40 I see a Greyhound bus pull into the hub, make a rolling stop at the curb outside next to the covered area where I was waiting, and I turn around to grab my luggage to go towards it. The bus literally didn't even stop for 30 seconds, it kept driving through the bus hub RIGHT PAST ME and I see it drive away.

I'm livid at this point so I call the customer service line, which is a joke in and of itself. I had to call three different numbers just to get to the right department to file a complaint, which took another 20 mins of my time to do. All the while, standing out in the cold and now waiting for my spouse to come pick me up to take me home so I can get my OWN CAR to drive there myself since obviously I was not going to be on a bus. The customer service person took my information and gave me a "investigation number", didn't offer me any kind of compensation and told me I'd have to CALL BACK in two days to follow up after they had enough time to look into it.

The whole time I'm hearing her typing as if she's documenting what I'm saying and she's clearly talking to someone in Vietnamese in the background WHILE I'M ON THE PHONE WITH HER. So who knows what ** talk she was saying about me. I'm steaming pissed because the bus driver showed up and didn't even stop to pick up a passenger! You know they are given some kind of passenger manifest to let them know how many passengers and who are at each station to pick up! I bought my ticket 2 weeks prior AND checked in on their app so there is no way in hell they wouldn't know I was a ticketed passenger there waiting!

I finally get to my own car and end up driving MYSELF to my destination. This was a huge inconvenience for me because now I also had to change my other travel plans, including cancelling my car rental and getting my awards points back and I paid a $25 penalty to do that (money I'm not getting back now). In the interim, I posted about my experience on Facebook and an acquaintance chimed in to say they also had a bad Greyhound experience that day and it turns out they were supposed to be on the SAME BUS as I was (they were going to Madison WI) and they were waiting at the first stop in the main hub in Chicago and the bus didn't even show up there.

No one at the Greyhound station there could tell them what was going on or where the bus was. The bus just didn't show up for them! They waited 2 HOURS before giving up and finally had to find a different ride to their destination. So now that's another person who got screwed over by this Greyhound driver on this route whose ONE JOB is to pick people up on a bus and DRIVE THEM. Who the hell knows what was going on with that bus but clearly it wasn't picking people up, it was on some kind of rogue trip on its own.

I waited until the following Monday to call back to inquire about what had happened. First of all, I had to go through three different people just to get to someone, everyone just kept saying "oh you have the wrong department, you need to call this number to this department" or I'd get transferred to someone, I'd explain I had a investigation number and one person just put me on hold (they do not have on hold music, by the way, so it's pretty much a dead silent line) and I waited 10 mins "on hold" (which they never told me they were going to put me on) before I gave up and hung up. Which I believe they do this on purpose because they aren't allowed to hang up on you, but they know if they just put you on hold, people will just get fed up, give up and hang up on their own. It's their way to get rid of you.

So I call back AGAIN, and after getting transferred by 2 different people, finally got through to someone. I explained to the guy on the line I had an investigation number and I wanted some answers about why the bus didn't stop to pick me up, why the bus never showed up at the Chicago station to pick up passengers and basically, is anyone going to investigate what the hell was going on with this bus and this driver?

The guy on the phone actually tried to SHIFT BLAME ONTO ME. He first asked me "did you try calling us to schedule a new ride" (WTF? The bus I needed to be on JUST LEFT ME THERE, why don't you send THAT bus back?) and then asked if I tried to "flag the bus down" (WHAT?) and said "maybe they didn't see you" (WHAT? They have a MANIFEST of passengers to pick up! They didn't even stop for 2 mins to allow any waiting passengers to board!). Asked me how I got to my destination, which I told him I had to DRIVE MYSELF and then had the damn nerve to ask me "if you were able to drive, why did you get a greyhound ticket?" WHAT! First of all, that's none of his business. And secondly, their entire company slogan is "LEAVE THE DRIVING TO US".

Finally this dude says he could issue me back the $20.50 I paid but only as a CREDIT towards ANOTHER FARE. Are you serious??? I wouldn't be caught dead on a Greyhound bus ever again! No! They owe me my MONEY BACK. I told him that wasn't acceptable, I wanted a full refund on my card, and he said "he would check to see if they could do that" and then obviously, did the "put them on hold indefinitely until they get tired of waiting and hang up on their own" trick. Dude was never going to "ask if they could refund my money", he just wanted to be done with me on the phone so he just put me on hold on a deadline knowing I would just give up and hang up (which I did).

I tweeted @GreyhoundBus about my terrible experience and of course they tell me to DM them with my confirmation number to help me out. Which I did, and have yet to get any reply even though I have @ mentioned them several times. Greyhound Bus Lines are a SCAM. This is by far the worst overall customer experience I've ever had in my entire adult life. They take people's money for bus tickets without even fulfilling the service. They refuse to make things right with customers even when they screw up. Granted they only got $20 from me, but I can't even imagine the hundreds of thousands of dollars they have gotten in total on bus fares from people without ever having driven people anywhere. Greyhound needs to be investigated and shut down. Their business practices are terrible. They are scamming consumers.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Had the worst experience taking a Greyhound bus from Trail, BC to Calgary, AB. They did not have drivers ready that had enough hours of sleep causing over 4 hours of delay where people were left to sit on a bus in -40 C weather in the middle of the night, waiting for a legal bus driver to arrive. This happened once in Creston and again in Fernie. The bus then had multiple breakdowns. Another 2 hours lost in Fort MacLeod in -45 C weather where the bus started to lose heat. They kept saying they called for help and nobody showed up. The bus broke down again in High River and ultimately on the side of the road outside of Calgary, AB. We missed two flights out of Calgary due to these delays. There was a complete lack of communication throughout the process of not having legal drivers (drivers who had enough sleep) and the multiple bus breakdowns.

I have called Greyhound several times for reimbursement and have continuously been given the runaround. They promised to reimburse half the full ticket fare in mid-January. Their policy is within 15-21 business days. Come February - no reimbursement. Call back in February, another runaround. They re-state the same thing, it will be escalated and 15-21 business days. It is now April 25, 2018 and there has been no reimbursement. Another phone call to Greyhound and another response to say call us back in 3 - 5 days as we need to escalate. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I would never recommend Greyhound to anyone.

Original review: April 22, 2018

This review is written as Greyhound Bus lines refuses to answer through the Better Business Bureau of Dallas; here is my Greyhound experience; as of this date my belongings have not been found... It was very important I get to my destination on time... What poor service, very dishonest, they will take the money but basically this is no bus service. Consumer's Desired Resolution: I'm requesting a refund 270.05. This was a waste of energy, time and money not to mention a huge disappointment. Customer service very poor. I won't use Greyhound again.

BBB Processing. 03/23/2018 web BBB Case Received by BBB. 03/23/2018 LNW BBB Case Reviewed by BBB. 03/23/2018 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer. 03/23/2018 Otto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute. 03/29/2018 JMA BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER: This is a complaint for multiple customer service issues, money damages, abandonment, theft of belongings; drug and alcohol impaired Greyhound reps.

On 3/22/2018 I purchased a Greyhound trip in hopes of a productive trip to Washington DC for the "March for Our Lives"; the trip was anything but productive and what did happen was I was stranded in Daytona Beach Florida for 15 hours in a high crime area; On 3/23 I arrived to Greyhound in West Palm Beach at 0630 for a boarding time of 0750. The bus arrived late at 0950; en route and in Titusville the bus was stuck on the side of the road for over 4 hours as there was no driver to relieve our Greyhound bus driver. This was my first contact to Greyhound with a very poor response; (they stated the trip was cancelled and find my own way back home which was 6 hours away).

I arrived to my event at 2 PM, and by that time the event was over. The entire purpose of my trip was null and void; I left on the Greyhound from Washington to West Palm Beach at 8:20 PM that evening. The bus driver stopped in Daytona Beach at the Daytona Greyhound, informed us we had 5 minutes to take off the bus; I was very thirsty and went to the adjacent (attached WaWA) got a soda and returned to the bus; the bus was pulling out, I waved and screamed, for a moment the bus stopped and then kept going; this left me stranded in a very high crime section of Daytona Beach from 4:30 PM until 7:20 AM the next day.

My personal belongings were in my seat as in my brown overnight bag, my toiletries, some clothes, my laptop computer and blue jacket. All of these items were on my bus seat and I was left behind, stranded in this very undesirable area which was full of homeless; I was warned by several homeless people this was a very high crime section. A disembarked passenger allowed me to use her phone and I called customer service to please inform the bus driver to release my belongings to lost and found since he had abandoned me and they said they cannot contact the bus driver. The customer call is full of uncaring people who do not understand English, are easily confused and do not understand the situation.

The Greyhound terminal staff is no better, and neither is the service; for example in Richmond VA we had a layover, people were hungry and thirsty. There are 30 of us at the counter to get coffee, soda or food and only 2 women to wait on us. This terminal was the only area we could get food/fluids from. Most customers gave up on seeing they would get nothing, I brought this to the manager's attention and she began to argue with me. Another example on 3/25 AM, when I was stranded in Daytona Beach, the terminal opened at 6 AM; when I was there at 6 AM the woman who worked there was very irritated she had a customer that early. When I told this woman what happened she screamed at me to "get rid of the attitude".

She then said "I'm not waiting on you" and focused on the 2 customers behind me. She also threatened she was going to "call the police " and said to me "Accept it" (Re what happened). I informed her I had no problem doing the same as in calling the police and I did in fact contact Daytona Beach police that she was refusing to issue me a ticket back home when in fact I had paid for a round trip ticket. On seeing I called the police, the worker then issued the ticket. I overheard her say she was leaving Greyhound soon so this did not matter to her. On my arrival to West Palm Beach Monday at 1 20 PM, the terminal worker was no better, she gave me a baggage claim number that did not help me, and refused to call the Miami Greyhound terminal to see if my belongings might be there (it was a possibility).

She said the Greyhound phone did not work and she had to use her personal cell phone. She said, "use my phone" when in fact and as mentioned, my cell phone was a missing item in the personal belongings. She told me she was a "free agent" and she was not assisting me. In turn I called West Palm Beach police as I'm feeling I want to file theft charges, however WPB police decided against this. Today Greyhound offers $130 ticket as compensation, I do not accept.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I'M NEVER RIDING WITH GREYHOUND AGAIN. I got kicked off the bus because this one guy was smoking in the bathroom, well him and his friends said, "No. It was that ** boy". Well if all of you know me, you know I dont smoke anything at all, I quit years ago. And the bus driver even smelled it on the guy...but since she saw 7 other people say it was me she believed them over her own nose, she then proceeded to call the cops and I was given two options. Get off the bus willingly or be arrested, I got off even though I knew I didnt do anything wrong. Then the cop proceeded to tell me to leave the current area right now or he'd arrest me for trespassing. I'm so sick, hurt, and angry all at the same time that I was treated like a criminal when I did nothing wrong :/. Save the extra money and take a plane or train.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I arrived at the bus terminal 5 mins early due to a detour, when I arrived I was informed by the customer service representative that the bus had departed 5 mins prior (making it a 10 minutes early departure which is very rare) and also telling me that my ticket was non-refundable but I could wait 3 hours for the next bus... This is **!!! I then call customer service who informed me it was my fault because I was not there 20mins early... When a customer spends their money they do not expect to be told that because the employees or the business decided to change something at the last minute and not stick to the schedule that they will not be refunded their hard earned money. I was there 5 minutes prior to the schedule departure and the bus was gone. I want my money back! It is not my fault this is a horrible company and should be run out of business... DO NOT!!! I REPEAT DO NOT GIVE THESE THIEVES AND SCAM ARTIST YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've used Greyhound for several years now and they have consistently let me down. Went to a friend's wedding April 13th 2018 and the bus driver got lost in West Virginia for two and a half hours when it was basically a straight shot to Baltimore. An eight hour trip turned into a 12 hour trip. She kept saying she didn't know the route and was using PAPER directions to get there. Why do they insist on having these overworked undertrained employees?

The return trip was even worse, and they ALWAYS refuse to refund anything for you. I've given it plenty of chances but this is the absolute last time I will ever use it. It's made its bed. You'd think an industry that is bleeding out financially would work a little harder to make their services more streamlined, or more accessible. I'm able-bodied and can't even IMAGINE how hard it must be for disabled passengers to get anywhere. Nothing is explained, no reasons are given for anything, and it's all extremely expensive. You're better off paying the extra money for a flight, and I say that extremely seriously.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My experience with Greyhound was a horrible nightmare. It began with terrible customer service over the phone four days before my trip and it was to purchase tickets for myself and my daughter. We both have visual impairments and my daughter also needed a lift due to a leg injury and after a unsuccessful attempt of proper assistance I was forced to do the booking myself on the website with the limited information I was able to extract from the customer service phone attendant and got a price more reasonable for me. The day of our trip was met with a multitude of customer service rudeness and little to no ADA accommodation like that there was no lift vehicles or no information in Braille available and counters that were not ADA height accessible.

I was made aware by multiple workers of the company that it was not their fault I didn’t have the funds to fly where I wanted to go or that I had an attitude and that they could get one too. My daughter and I were subjected to a four hour transfer that was only supposed to be two hours and when arriving at our destination told to hurry up cause the station would be closing soon and if you didn’t have a ticket you would not be able to stay. I was dreading what the return trip held but I said, "Maybe it’s just an off day for Greyhound." But our return was just as bad.

We weren’t told about delays and with horrible PA systems we missed our bus we were told to get. Reissued tickets was $40 and when my friend was willing to charge the $40 she was denied and told, "You got 2 minutes." And as she was assisting me and my daughter to gather our thing to go and retrieve the funds we were told abruptly by the ticket agent to get out because, "The facility is closed. You don’t have a ticket. You can’t stay," and to get out now. She also said that she told my friend that she had 2 minutes and now we had to get out now as that the facility would open up at 12:30 pm. It was snowing outside and there wasn’t any shelter. As she had us escorted out the building I was outdone and after my friend had to leave us at a restaurant with the cash and directions back to the station myself and my daughter made it back to the station only to be told that our tickets could not be changed due to it being too late.

The window for us to change our tickets was no longer available and we would have to purchase one way tickets and they were double the amount of money my friend had given me and the only time that was available to travel was the next day. I was so upset I just walked away. I couldn’t be stuck with these people anymore not to mention I didn’t have any means to get anywhere. My friend had left that state on a business trip! I was able to get Home through no thanks to Greyhound but by the help and patience of other friends who went out of their way to pack me, my daughter, and our luggage in their already packed vehicle and got us back to our city and I am not one who likes to judge on one experience only but I am making an exception to that rule with this company.

Greyhound was unprofessional, uncaring, and downright rude and only out to make money and could care less if you are happy. I am going to keep writing and complaining until something is done or someone stops to correct the company’s problems or stop its services. Greyhound is a disservice! Please to whoever is reading this right now make an effort and write to the complaint office that the treatment of its customers especially those with disabilities needs to be fixed. This was my horror story and I will tell it forever in hopes that no one else will have to be subjected to a similar horrific experience.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I love how you can’t get a ticket refunded that was paid for online. These people are a scam! I’m stuck in a snowstorm in Minneapolis so when I call to cancel my ticket I’m informed it’s not possible, not to mention when I’m asked to speak to a manager she says she’s the highest up it goes. What a joke! I for one know she was definitely not. This company is inconsiderate and rips people off of their money. Will never EVER USE!!! Greyhound is garbage.

Greyhound Company Information