2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.0/5 (21 ratings)

About Grand Canyon Tour Co.

Grand Canyon Tour Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grand Canyon Tour Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grand Canyon Tour Co.?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2011

I had booked a Grand Canyon trip for 3 people on Nov 23,2011 through Las Vegas Grand Canyon Tour web site. When we received our credit card statement, we found out there were extra $10 charge per person. We're told were for fuel charge. There was nothing disclosed about a $10 charge on their website. They try to hit you with all the hidden fees and would never refund the money.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2010

We purchased the South Rim bus tour from Las Vegas Grand Canyon Tours from their website on Dec, 16, 2010, 9 days prior to the date of the tour. We got the confirmation number with the total of $395. When we were standing in front of the cashier on the day of the tour, she said that we were good to go, everything is paid, but when we got the credit card statement last night we realized that we were overcharged extra $50 ($445). They hit you with hidden fees which they don't disclose anywhere on their website. This is a sneaky way of doing business. There are no explanation of the charges, their advertisement did not disclose all the conditions required. They simply take advantage of people. I emailed them a few times got only 1 reply but no clear explanation. We still don't know why the $50.

Every website I went to shop that day for tours states the cost, surcharge fees upfront, but not this one. I's a very poor and unfortunate way to do business. They should let people know about all the additional fees from the very beginning of the purchasing process or at least include it with the confirmation email.

We asked them to refund the $50, but they refused.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2010

My wife and I had booked a deluxe bus tour to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead for December 24th, 2010. We were scheduled to be picked up at our hotel at 7:10 AM. We waited at the valet entrance as instructed for 25 minutes, but no one came to get us. After calling the company and being put on hold for 10 minutes, we were finally told the driver was in route to us. 20 minutes later, there’s still no driver. Another phone call resulted in directions to hire a taxi to take us to the main terminal with the fare to be refunded from the purchase price of the tour.

Although the bus driver was friendly and knowledgeable, the bus was hot (A/C not working properly); although there was a toilet on board, it was requested we not use it. The tour went well enough, but at the end of the tour we were taken to Miracle Mile shopping center with the assurance a taxi would return us to our hotel exactly 2 hours after our arrival. Long story short: no taxi! Phone calls to the tour company once again resulted in our getting our own taxi back to our hotel. Cost of the fare was to be refunded to our credit card. So far that has not happened. Never again will be ever for any reason tour with The Grand Canyon Tour Company! It was costly and time consuming and very disappointing.

Original review: April 26, 2010

In February 2010, I scheduled a South Rim Bus Tour of the Grand Canyon. The date of the trip was for April 22, 2010. I would be in vacation with my family (6 people in all). The woman I confirmed my trip with said the canyon on the south rim was beautiful that time of year. I paid $590.00 for the tour. We were picked up at our hotel at 6:15. The forecast for Vegas was for rain, but since I had never been to Vegas before, I nor anyone in my party had no idea what it had to do with the weather at Grand Canyon.

Upon check in for the trip, nothing was said to me about the weather. When we were almost to Hoover damn, the bus driver told us that when it rains in Vegas, it means snow in the canyon. But at this point, there was no turning back. We drove 15 hours to get to the Grand Canyon to see a blizzard. I have pictures of my self and my children covered in snow to prove it.

I can't describe the disappointment I felt. It wasn't the moment I had planned to share with my family. I contacted the company requesting a refund and was refused. If I knew about the raining weather in Vegas, then they knew about it. And if the bus driver knew that rain in Vegas meant snow at the canyon, so did they.

Original review: March 24, 2006

Bus tour from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Feb 1, 2006. Picked up at hotel 6:15am. Taken to airport. Paid $180.00 cash. Transferred to main tour bus. Bus broke down after several hours. Left at a small town on Rt 66 with all stores closed. No food, cold. Called company after 3 hrs, asked to speak to mgmt. Told in a meeting. No replacement bus sent. Original bus returned after 4 hrs. Driver argued with company. They wanted to continue trip even though it would be dark when we got to the Grand Canyon. Driver then told us they cancelled but we had to continue and drop off some overnight passengers.

I spoke to "Michael" whom the driver identified as the owner. He refused to open back up and issue refunds. Said he would have refunds issued the next day. We gave the bus driver a list of our names, addresses, and form of payment. Gone on bus 15 hrs but no Grand Canyon. Called company on Feb 7, 2006. Assured a refund would be sent the following day. Never received.

Grand Canyon Tour Co. Company Information