2. Travel

Global Travel International

1.4/5 (50 ratings)

About Global Travel International

Global Travel International Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Travel International?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Travel?

Original review: June 4, 2008

My niece signed in Greataupair online as applicants for greataupair nanny. In this website the famillies can also signed in as Greataupair host family. The host family can start searching the website for nannies from other places/ diffirent countries,then the host family can contact applicants themselves if they are interested in hiring them. If the host family and the applicant can agree on an offer,applicant then considered as hired. Relocation of the applicant follows , but if the applicant is from other countries then the visa processing is going to start.

A certain greataupair host from UK contacted her online. All their communications for this past 3 weeks was through e-mail. [The]offer was very tempting 2500.00 British Pounds / 4-weeks to take care of her 2 kids. My niece was then referred by Kate to this travel agency named Global Travels International, with contact person named Mark Tomson. With a promised that GTI will take care of her visa processing and her airfare and if everything is completed from passport / birth certificate etc. plus above all the half amount of visa processing fee of 600.00 british pound the other half 300. will be paid by Pastor kate. My niece was asking me to pay her part which equivalent to 628.00 us dollars. Mark Tomson gave my niece intructions to only pay by western Union or money gram to him. and it has to be done quick because Pastor kate is badly in need of nanny.

Yesterday, after recieving 4 text messages from my niece that GTI is pressuring her regarding the visa processing fee, I went to money gram branch and send the amount which cost me $642.75 (including fees).Then I went straight back home so I could call Mark Tomson from my home phone, to give him the reference number: without the said number there's no way he can get the money. It was only after sending the money when I started to feel suspicious of the whole process. I went online and typed GTI to do more research: I'm so thankful I did because..only then I found out several complaints about GTI or global Travels International. While I was reading through the detail of their complaints, the places where it happened,the fees they were asked to pay and how much money they lost..It was exactly the same modos operande' that was used to victimized my niece. I called money gram right away and cancelled the transfer.

I got my money back but the stress It caused me and my niece, the lost time and effort, the forever worry because they are still out there. These individuals are out there waiting for their next victim.

Original review: April 30, 2008

I became an independent agent with Global Travel several years ago. They have done nothing but screw up trips that I booked for myself, friends or family. When I tried to book a cruise for myself and my two adult children, they booked my daughter and her family on a different date. When we caught the error, my daughter had to pay more and pay for two cabins, and she and her husband each had to share with one of the kids (they originally had one cabin that would sleep 4).

Then I booked a trip to Hawaii for some friends - they quoted one thing, and charged her something more. We called to get the cancellation penalties, we cancelled, but they still charged her and would not refund her money. Fortunately, her credit card company helped out and my company bought the airline vouchers from her, as they were on Southwest and could be used by anyone.

Then, the real cherry on top - my husband and I booked a So. America cruise through Global. We arrived at the airport in January, only to learn that we needed a tourist visa to go to Brazil. They had never told us. They refuse to help and we are out over $5600. We have now filed in small claims, but the agent of service in California is no longer an agent for them, and we are not allowed to hire someone in Florida. The small claims court told me we are pretty much out of luck - that it is extremely unusual to be able to sue someone out of state. Isn't that just dandy? Global Travel takes people's money, but does not train you to be an agent, nor do they do any work for you as the agent - they just sit back and collect the commission! DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!

I was pressured into signing up for another year by being threatened that I would not receive a commission on anything outstanding, so I paid the $149. I WILL NOT SIGN UP AGAIN THIS YEAR. I have nothing booked through them, and I am out the $5600 for the cruise we missed in January.

Original review: March 3, 2008

My son and two of his college friends wanted to go on the Global Express Bus Tour to Montreal March 15-17. When I called the company to get more information about the tour, expenses, and other costs, the representative who answered the phone became quite annoyed with me. When I asked him what he perceived as one too many questions, he began to yell at me. When I politely asked him not to yell at me, his rude response in a hostile voice was that I was aggravating him with all my questions. With that, I hung up on him. I promptly called my son and told him he would not be going on a tour with this company. When his friend called the company today to get his deposit back, the same man called him a [expletive] jerk. This man's use of profanity with this 20-year-old young man is unacceptable. This afternoon I called Global Tours to ask the man why he felt it necessary to yell at me and then swear at my son's friend. After identifying myself as the woman he yelled at last night, the same man promptly claimed he didn't yell at me and said he was too busy to deal with me. When I started to question him about his behavior, he told me to go to another tour group--he didn't have time for me. He hung up on me as I started to ask him why he found it necessary to swear at my son's friend.

As far as I know, there has been no economic hardship. A $45.00 deposit was placed on the trip which this man said he was refunding. No physical damage has resulted either. As a consumer, I feel this man and his company should be reported, most especially for his use of profanity to the young man. Global Express Tours representative's behavior is totally unconscionable and needs to be reported. I have filed a report to the Better Business Bureau as well. If there is an agency that is more suited to hear my complaint, I would be happy to contact them. Thank you for your attention.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2008

I signed up online for their travel agent program which was advertised for about $48 per month.This was done on 02/02/08.The ad offered online training, a website, assistance, etc. A pin # was generated as soon as I finished entering my CC info. I did not get a confirmation E-mail or phone call from anyone as of 02/06. On checking my account, I saw that $99.90 was withdrawn by GTI. I called GTI and was told that the addition was for a 1-time activation fee. I challenged this but to no avail. I asked for a refund and was told that the activation fee will not be refunded. The supervisor of Ann said she will get back to me on said day. No response to date. I canceled my enrollment after 4 days without getting any assistance from GTI. I had a 14-day trial period, money back guaranteed. My total amount of $99.90 should be credited to my account.

I signed up based on good-faith. This was not the case with GTI. I was left with a pin # and not knowing what to do with it. I felt I was cheated out of my hard-earned money. I need a refund.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2008

I applied as travel agent with Global Travel Incorporated and filled out the forms as provided. My main purpose was if I will become a travel agent, I can have cheaper air travel. After a long period of time I received a call demanding payment for my being an agent. I sent back the ID that was sent to me and explained that I have no clients for travel as I do not receive any travel information or destinations for an agent to sell. According to the caller my bill is about $39 and I told her I have no credit card nor have I any money. Last Feb, 4/08, I received a letter from collection demanding payment in the amount of $359.40. If I cannot pay $39.00 how much more for $359.40? This is my first time to encounter an employee paying to their employer. Is there anybody who knows the definition of Employee or employer? At present I am bedridden as I suffered Hemoragic stroke, a very delicate situation.

My having a hemoragic stroke is brought about by this problem.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2007

I was foolish enough to sign up for the 14-day trial for Global International. I did not decline the offer in the 14 day period and was billed on my credit card for six months trying to get them to cancel. I ended up trying to have Capital One (my credit card company) resolve unanswered emails to GTI. I'm now being billed $279.30 to end the contract (for which I've gotten nothing) and wonder if it will do any good to pay this, or will they continue to bill me and continue to attempt to ruin my credit? Please advise folks as to how risky it may be to deal with GTI.

Continued threats to my credit will most likely be made. They are impossible to contact and use Monterey Financial Services, Inc. for collection and to make threats to report to credit agencies and court action.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2007

I signed up with Global International Travel in 2003 in order to receive discounts on my travels to the Caribbean, which were never available to me. In addition to paying the $495 initial fee I was charged $129 each year thereafter. When I tried to close this account on 3 separate occasions, it was difficult to reach a customer representative. When I finally reached a rep I was told the account would be closed--only to receive another bill months later.

I finally became so frustrated, I let the bill go to collections which ruined my credit. I am still today trying to repair the damage done.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2006

Keithf Elkhorn WI (11/26/06)

We have a 2000 gmc jimmy that has had the door pins on the drivers side replaced 6 times.1 time under warrenty and 5 times at a cost of 250.00 each time. G. M. tells me this is a wear item . I said they are crazy. No other car or truck i have owned has had to have these replaced. The doors get so lose that you think they will fall off. I say tthey should look into this but Iam always told it a wear item.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2006

On 10/4/06 I was involved in a car accident resulting in totaling my fiance's Envoy XUV.(although the damage is not yet official; we are still waiting to hear from the adjuster) I swerved to the left to avoid the vehicle in front of me that slammed on its brakes abruptly because someone rear ended a vehicle in front of them & another in front of them. Although I was able to avoid the vehicles in front of me; I hit a utility pole. During this time I was driving approximately 40 MPH. I was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital; treated for minor injuries & pain, then released shortly after. Our concern, as well as the responding police officer's concern,Fire rescue's and the mechanic's concern of the shop where our vehicle was towed to... neither the driver side or passenger side airbag depoloyed. I was wearing my seatbelt at the time of the accident. The passenger side was wiped out completely. The door was removed,hanging only on a thread,The front tire was ripped completely off, the whole windshield shattered, the front headlights removed, the glove compartment is touching the passenger side seat, as well as the seat being pushed into the back seat of the vehicle. I do not buy the statement from GM in Sept. If consumers are walking away from an accident- and the airbags didn't deploy-the vehicle has done its job.I was alone in the vehicle during the accident. THANK GOD. I know if someone had been a passenger in our vehicle at the time of this accident, the airbag would have been the only saving grace they would have had...however, it did not deply.We have contacted GM through the dealership, and also e-mail, we will contact them again by phone this week. In all reality I walked away by the grace of GOD; not GM. We are getting married next week, make-up can cover bruises & cuts. We are now in the market for a new vehicle,I doubt we will be considering another GM vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2006

Was promised to recieve residual income if we signed on as a travel agent and paid their fees and a monthly fee for a website maintence fee, were told that all we had to do is sign on 2 people and the other people above us would put other people below us creating an overflow of income for us. It never happend! I feel we were ripped off, I am still paying off the credit card they hit!

Original review: July 24, 2002

In 1997 I paid $495 to Global Travel International in response to their advertisements to become an independent travel agent; and, receive 50% discounts on hotel rates. In 2001-2002 Global Travel International instructed Super Clubs who is a booking agency for various Carribean hotels to refuse discounts to certain independent travel agents unless the agents had met booking quotas as defined by Global Travel International. The advertising of Global Travel International states that quotas are not required in order to obtain promised benefits of the independent travel agent.

Including the initial fee of $495 I have paid to Global Travel International approximately $1100 which includes annual fees of $99 for 1998, 1999, and 2000; and, fees of $129 each year for 2001 and 2002. Global Travel International with the corrorboration of Super Clubs has denied the promised benefits that were advertised to entice payments that were not returned.

Original review: July 24, 2002

In 1997 I joined Global Travel International's independent travel agent program at a cost of $495 with the assured benefits listed in their advertisements of 50% discounts off motel/resort prices. In 2001-2002 Global Travel International instructed Super Clubs, a booking agency for certain hotels in the Carribean, to refuse discounts to their agents who had not met certain booking requirements--even though the Global Travel International advertised benefits clearly stated no quotas required. Each year since 1997 Global Travel International required an annual fee to continue to receive the benefits. In 1998, 1999, and 2000 I paid $99 per year; and, in 2001 and 2002 I paid $129 per year. Now Global Travel International in cooperation with Super Clubs has rescinded the advertised benefits, and, has kept the annual fees.

I have paid approximately $1100 in annual fees to continue as an independent travel agent expecting advertised benefits of receiving 50% discounts from hotels represented by Super Clubs and others. Prior to 2002 Super Clubs had honored the committment and made available the travel agent discounts.

Original review: July 24, 2002

In April, 1997 after viewing advertisements by Global Travel International, I paid $495 to become an independent travel agent. Among the advertised benefits was the assurance of receiving 50% discounts off motel/resort rates. Global Travel International complied with this advertised enticement until 2001 and 2002 when they instructed Super Clubs, a booking agent for resorts in the Carribean, to refuse the discounts to their travel agents who had failed to book x amount of business. The advertised benefits specifically state no quotas required. In 1997 I paid the $495 fee and in 1998, 1999, and 2000 I paid $99 annually; and, in 2001 and 2002 I paid $129 each year to continue as an independent travel agent. Global Travel International continues to advertise the discount benefits to encourage participation in their independent travel agent program.

Having paid approximately $1600 to Global Travel International, I have been denied the benefits that were offered as inducements to justify payment of fees.

Global Travel International Company Information