1.9/5 (158 ratings)

About Funjet

Funjet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet?

Original review: July 26, 2015

We used Funjet in January 2015 to book a vacation to an all-inclusive in resort Cancun in July 2015. We paid the trip off in 6 weeks but we could have taken longer. We bought their travel insurance which included a low price guarantee. The price went down $500 two weeks after we booked and we were able to get the new price when I called. When we got to Cancun were told by the Lomas rep when we booked our excursions that because we had bought the travel insurance it would also cover our excursions if we got rained out or for some reason could not go.

We asked for two queen beds at booking and got one king. We were told by the hotel they could move us the next day and they gave us a rollaway bed. We ended up staying in that room since it worked for the 3 of us. I was told by the hotel I had to request the high floor room through Funjet two weeks before we arrived. I did so and we were put on the 5th floor which was perfect. I was kept updated on airline time and flight # changes, and seat assignment changes. When I have used other online booking websites I only found changes out by checking my flights myself. Funjet used Lomas for the hotel transfers and they were great. We left from the airport promptly and were picked up on time for our return flight. I will use Funjet again for my future trips. They delivered as promised.

Original review: June 27, 2015

We booked an all-inclusive trip to Aruba with a Travel Agent and Funjet was the third party to the connection. Arriving to the resort we were given a king size bed... granted that we had booked in July of 2014. While trying to explain to the staff that we paid for a double bed room, we were told that they did not have a double bed room. I really do not get this Funjet. You told us when we paid for the trip that there were double bed rooms left. We agreed to the paying for a double bed and that is what we expected upon arrival. I paid for my trip and wanted to enjoy my time.

The hotel felt that by adding a "cot" as it looked to be would make us happy. Well... guess what Funjet! I am very disappointed in your company ways of doing things. I do not see that as good customer service for anyone. Then they would not respond to my email... now I am really upset. I would not tell anyone to use your company for their vacation. I do not find you reliable or honest about working for your customers.

Original review: June 25, 2015

June 2015 my boyfriend and I were heading to Jamaica. I don't fly much so I didn't know that we had to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time to get our boarding passes. So our flight was at 12:30 and it was approximately 11:18 and we had to stand in this long line. By the time we got to the front it was 12:10. The lady told us that because we booked through Funjet they could not reassign our tickets for another flight. She suggested that I call Funjet.

So I called and was on hold for a total of 1 hour and 8 mins. Once the lady got on the phone she basically told me that the only thing they could do was issue me a flight but I would have to pay an extra $2700 for a next day flight. Of course that was not going to happen. So she told me "Well we can refund some of your money." But this refund is only good for a Delta flight through Funjet. Once it has been booked a rebooking fee of $200 per ticket will be applied. So you can reissue me a ticket but you can charge a rebooking fee. So bottom line is we didn't go to Jamaica. I lost money not only for the flight but through accommodations as well. Once I use this credit Funjet can go and play in traffic. But you live and you learn. Funjet is not the route to take especially if a problem arises because your next problem will be an empty pocket!

Original review: June 13, 2015

I was looking to book a trip for our group of 7 to go to Cancun for the Xmas holiday with Funjet upon recommendation of a friend. On the phone call with the agent, I told them where we were looking to stay but they gave me a couple of spots to consider and to our delight we found one that was more ideal. They didn't have the cheapest prices for what we wanted but when I found a better deal while browsing, the agent found the same deal and did a price match. We stayed at Beach Palace and had an awesome experience. Also, when I had to change the flight for one of my passengers because of a job emergency, they were able to get that sorted out for us. And for some reason the price of the flight even after using the credit was still close to or even cheaper than the one we booked months before. I also added 2 other guests later. We had a great time and we're very happy with our customer service experience.

Original review: May 12, 2015

We booked our trip to from Houston, Texas to Cozumel, Mexico through Funjet. I called Funjet 2 weeks before our departure to find put more information regarding our checked luggage because what I was originally told was not matching up with the online information from the airliner. I was told multiple times during our call that each flier got one FREE checked bag and one carry-on. Fast forward to May 7th at 4 am and guess what we had to pay! 6 passengers x $25.00 ea.= $150.00 BOTH WAYS... so we paid the $150 going there and the $150 coming back... When I called Funjet from the airport that morning I was told "sorry you were misinformed." Nope I call that being lied to! Upon arrival at the resort everything was wonderful UNTIL we began booking our excursions using our resort credit.

I had spent weeks making a very detailed excursion itinerary... I search countless websites for the breakdown of resort credits and NEVER once found anything about the excursions only being offered on certain days (mainly because I believe they change the days based on your stay so they don't have to pay for the excursions.) Needless to say all of the "good" excursions were on days that we would not be at the resort (the LAST May 7th excursion left an hour before check in and would not go again until the following Thursday 2 hours AFTER check out). Ridiculous.

So I said "okay forget the excursions we will cover the ones that were really important to us out of our own pocket, but we would like our tickets to PlayaMia water park..." Except now we were told they did not affiliate with PlayaMia anymore so we would not get our tickets EVEN THOUGH I used my cell phone and pulled up the HOTELS Web page and walked the Guest Services representative step by step on the location of the PlayaMia information. I was still told "too bad". At this point I wanted to call Funjet and switch resorts but off course the 1-866 number Funjet provided me with I could not call without the hotel charging me $2.35/min... Never once did Funjet nor did the resort tell me there was a Funjet representative at the resort or a local Mexico number I could call them!

Next was the food... we are the same bland restaurant everyday because the other two restaurants that were supposed to be open for lunches never were and the staff acted like they had no idea what I was talking about when we asked them. Then one of us "lost" the all inclusive bracelet and when she asked the front desk about it she was told it would be almost $400 dollars to replace it or she would need to leave the resort... We decide to get back in the rental car and backtrack and by the grace of God we FOUND IT... Guess what... She didn't "lose" it simply fell off her arm because it was not fasten right. When we return to the resort from backtracking for the FIRST TIME IN 2 DAY we were being hounded for our bracelets...

When she told them it was in her purse they insisted on "escorting" her to the front desk... When she showed them what happened they were like "Oh yes sorry we discussed it after you guys left and we were going to get you another one at no charge." ummm NO YOU WEREN'T that is why you were hounding ONLY our group. So frustrating. Then when we left for good and got to the airport that was a joke! The staff was so rude and the airport was the worst! After boarding our plane (1 1/2 hours late) we sat stuck on the tarmac for 3 hours... So our flight left 4 hours late and made us missed our connecting flight from DFW to IAH and go figure it was the LAST FLIGHT of the night!!!

Needless to say we ended up having to rent a car for $300 to drive to Houston because when I called Funjet they could not help us... Stuck in a random airport with no support from our travel agency... Our only options were to sleep in the airport and catch the next flight (had to be home that morning for our kids) NOT AN OPTION... so we had no choice but to drive it in... Seriously this had to be the WORST TRIP of my life!!! Called Funjet today to get our money back for checked baggage, airplane ticket for flight that was missed due to no fault of our own, and some type of reimbursement for our RUINED trip that we were lied to about damn near EVERYTHING!!!

Original review: April 11, 2015

Just cancelled my trip to Mexico. I've used Funjet for each trip to the Riviera Maya, this would have been the 5th time there. In the two months since I booked my trip, the hotel changed the prices of the rooms and now one of the excursions is not included anymore. They would not honor it and wanted me to pay an additional $750! So glad I purchased trip insurance! I am losing $300, but it is worth it so that they NEVER see any of my money ever again. It is the principle and not necessarily the money. Don't use them!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2014

I recently booked a vacation from Milwaukee to Cancun. One of our travelers needed to cancel due to surgery so we called 8 days prior to departure (Friday) - according to my math (Leaving the following Friday). Talked to the Funjet Rep about our options as we hoped to find a replacement traveler. They said no problem, just call at least 1 day prior to departure - additional fees would be $250 plus whatever difference (increase there might be in price of the trip). So we looked for a replacement traveler over the weekend and couldn't find one.

Called Funjet Monday to tell them we don't have a new traveler - but now they said we are inside the 7 days and that they could no longer refund us anything. Now that's a ** bag move if I've ever seen one! I feel as though I was lied to by the Rep - or perhaps just selectively given the information necessary to push me into the "no refund window". I can only imagine that they sell thousands of these vacations to each of the hotels and airline each year. Apparently there is no wiggle room with the refunds. I'll book all of my next 50 or so vacations through another online vendor and make sure I get my money's worth when I get to the resort.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2014

I bought a vacation package on May 19th from Funjet Vacations including flight tickets and hotel in Paris. But on the departing day at the airport, I found out that my reservation was canceled. I, with my two children, had to purchase new tickets and book hotel at airport, and waited for hours to take next flight. It was a huge financial loss and emotional stress! Here are the details of what happened:

Funjet vacation's term and conditions says full payment is required 46 days before travel, and the emails also said final payment is due July 5th. However Funjet didn't charge me although they have my credit card on file, and they didn't say that I need to call back to make payment either. I contacted Funjet on 6/30, 7/9, 7/14, 8/3 and other times for making changes and confirmation. None of the representatives, whom I spoke to, told me about my past due payment. After the final payment due date was passed, I talked to the hotel and my reservation was still good, and again I talked to Funjet, and no representative told me about the past due payment either.

Funjet canceled my reservation on August 8th without me knowing it! I found out about the cancellation of the reservation at the airport two hours before the departure. I was with my two children, planned to fly from Newark to Paris. I had to purchase the airline tickets at the airport, and paid high price. I also had to make new hotel reservation, paid much more but still didn't get enough room for 4 people where my original reservation had. It was such an emotional stress! I contacted Funjet right after I found my reservation was canceled, and asked them to rebook my flight. Funjet took 2 hours, and they were working really slow and I was put on hold many times, and which caused me missing the original flight. Then Funjet asked to make reservation with airport, and my kids and I have to wait for hours to catch the next flight.

Original review: July 10, 2014

The good. Funjet is good for those who want to take a nice vacation, but can't afford to pay for it all at once. Funjet allows you to put at least $150 down on a vacation typically over $500 per person and pay on it up until 45-60 days prior to departure. I typically travel as a non-revenue because my husband works for a major airline. But, being that this particular trip was for 6 members of my immediate family as well as 3 friends, it would have been difficult to travel standby, so we decided to just pay for airfare as well as regular room rates. If you do not have it paid off or expect to have the balance paid off by the due date, all you have to do is call Funjet and let them know. Best to pay what you can until you are able to pay it off.

The downfall is that you need to have all of your ducks in a row such as passports, etc. if you are going out of the country. Read and UNDERSTAND the cancellation policy. If you cancel, Funjet will keep ALL of your money for whatever fees they charge. I booked a family of 6 for a trip and had to cancel one of my daughters the day before our trip because her passport did not come in. I paid $1200 per person for a 5-night trip to Grand Bahia Resort in Jamaica to include round trip airfare. We are only getting about $175 back and that is in airfare credit to be used with Funjet. When I spoke to the resort, they stated that they would have just charged for two nights. Funjet is a rip-off when it comes to cancellations. Beware of cancellations. Would I use them again? Maybe as long as I am definite about the trip and all my ducks are lined up in a row.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2014

I chose a trip to Cancun, Mexico during Valentine. My wife has cancer. I filled out the form online and chose the round trip option from airport to hotel. We get to Cancun and Fun jets partner Lomas Transportation did not have us listed. In my itinerary, it told us to bypass the timeshare people and proceed outside to the transportation representative in a teal shirt and white pants. We were not listed. They called their company and we were not listed. At this point we just wanted to get to the hotel. A Lomas representative pointed us to other transportation where they charged us $60.00 to the hotel. We found out later that the normal charge for such transportation by taxi is $25.00. This was truly a scam. Then we had the return ride to the airport from the hotel and had to pay an additional $25.00. I feel that Fun Jet owes us no less that $85.00 in refund. They could add an additional $100 to that refund for the anguish caused during this time in our lives.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2014

Beware of fishing scam! I searched for a vacation on the Funjet website and I was very happy with dates, airline choice, departure time, arrival time and mostly the price until I got an error message that said this: "Alert. We apologize but the hotel selected is unable to validate the number of passengers to the room occupancy limit. Please select an alternate hotel, revise your search request, or complete a multi-room booking for this party size." Mind you, I had 1 room with 2 adults only! I refreshed the page few times, I got same options to choose and I got excited until I got to the point where I needed to continue with booking the vacation and I got same "Alert" again... then I decided to contact the agency and ask them for help.

The agent on the phone went through the same steps as me and she got the same "Alert" message too. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes because she needed help from her office. When she came back, she told me that if I wanted to continue booking same vacation I either had to change the airline (which changed the time and that doesn't work for me) or still book the same vacation but for about $700 dollars more! When I asked why can't I get the same price that I keep getting online, she replied that there wasn't enough seats available, there was only one seat with that price. When I asked why the same airline, same time, same seats are available but for much more money, she said that I wouldn't understand if she tried to explain. I am very disappointed.

I feel like they are offering/advertising different prices until you reach the point where you want to continue with booking then you get the very high price or the low price that was available does not have an option to continue with booking! I call this a fishing scam, they just try to lure you in. Also, in the past I had a different experience with them, when I tried to book a vacation, luckily my husband saw the fine print that the room that I picked was not available for the date that I picked and the check in date was the next day! I was so shocked that if we didn't catch that what would we have done when we got there?! They price you the airline fare for the dates that you want to leave and get back but the hotel gets booked for the next day! Please be very careful if you ever decide to book through them!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2013

Once getting back from Mexico, they told us it would be a 4-8 weeks investigation for a refund. They said they couldn't give us it, because there were recommendation cards filled out by the staff that forged our names and had nothing but good things to say! I am trying to pursue legal steps moving forward for some of the incidents as well down there. Nothing was included that was supposed to be... never good through Funjets.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2013

Long story short...FunJet set us up on the worst vacation at the worst resort my wife and I have ever been to (and we're not picky). From the wrong room that was 3 blocks away from the beach after paying for beach view, to a broken a/c, broken fridge, broken toilet, "marble" that was falling off the walls, stained furniture, a leak in the ceiling, a shower that flooded and blinds that were broken, to blinds that were broken and did not open, to a rude staff at the hotel, to wait staff that hissed and meowed at you, to food that was so raw it had blood running through it... this was the worst. The company did not help us at all while at the resort and is refusing to compensate us outside of the cost of hotel room only for 2 nights. That's an insult. In our correspondence, they've accepted that they messed up and they know it was the trip from h*ll. They refuse to make it right and this is going on 120+ days of corresponding with them. They do not respond in a timely manner and are as incompetent, rude and as much help as the staff at the hotel. I will continue to pursue my refund that is due to me through all means necessary...including legal action. DO NOT book through this company.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

Do NOT book through Funjet. I booked a hotel (Luxor Las Vegas Sept 12-16,2013). On Sept 10, my friend backed out. So I called Funjet to cancel. They said I would be charged a one night penalty since it was after 3pm which is check in time. They were saying it has to be at least 48 hours to not be charged. But Luxor said I had until midnight to cancel and the Funjet fine print said that the cancellation policy is based on the hotel, which means I cancelled in enough time!!!! But the travel agent didn't want to lose her commission (I guess) so she gave us a hard time. So after 2 hours of being put on hold, talking to different departments, Funjet agreed to give us a refund but it would take up to 21 business days.

So 21 days later, I check my account and I only received a partial refund. Funjet claimed it was because of a one day penalty. They said they would email Luxor to find out if a 1 day penalty was charged. I personally called Luxor. They said that they are not sure why Funjet is emailing them because it's easy for emails to go unnoticed and more importantly, they DID not charge a 1 day penalty. I call Funjet back with facts, names, dates and phone numbers and they finally agreed to give me my money back but it's going to be another 7-14 business days. Luxor hotel was willing to back me up on this. They were very nice! I can't believe Funjet attempted to pocket the rest of my money. I didn't get an apology or explanation on how they messed up. That entire process was a 4-hour ordeal. Funjet vacations are a bunch of scam artists and I wouldn't recommend them to my WORST enemy!!

Original review: March 12, 2013

I've written a complaint and haven't heard a word with regards to the disgusting hotel in Cancun, The Krystal. What a horrible experience. I have written all information and included all res. #. I wish someone would contact me regarding this matter.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2012

To start, this was my 8th time going to Cancun. I have gone with my husband and kids, with just my husband and myself, and 13 members of my family once. It's our favorite place to go. Three of those trips were through Funjet. So the knowledge is there. To start with, we arrived at 2 pm and were aware of check-in at 3, so we went to get our bracelets (all-inclusive) so that we could eat something. When we came back to check in, they were very rude and we found out that we had to pay to use the safe in our room, which is odd since the maid was the only other person to go in our room.

So we take our own luggage to our room. That was ok till we got to our room and find there was no fridge and the bottled water that was set on the bathroom sink had $1.80 on them and the coffee had $2. And there was no coffee pot to make it. We had to walk to a store to buy water for the room, but there’s no way to keep it cold - we couldn’t even get ice. So, we went down to our Funjet rep and he tried really hard to help us, but it was too expensive to switch to a sister hotel and it’s $25 each a night to upgrade to a room with a fridge. He tried for 2 days to try and help us, but his boss in Cancun would not help and he couldn’t reach anyone in the USA to help him either. We felt kinda bad because he wanted to sell the extra stuff to us, but we refused to give Funjet any more money since they had no desire to help make our stay better.

We went to the show they had that night and it was so bad and the way we were set, I felt like I was at my son’s school program. Then, it was so hot and drinks were not available in there - no bar, water, or waitress. So we left. Then the next day we hung out at the pool (it was nice), but the swim up bar was at the end where the kids had to swim. There were only 5 chairs and then drinks were limited from the bar. We had to sneak bananas to him to have a good margarita - yes, we had to sneak it out because they wouldn’t let you take anything out of the buffet. We tried to take some dessert for later and they wouldn’t let a little kid who was taking a box of cereal and they stopped him to. The waiters were wonderful (Requrio and Luis), but the food was awful - it’s the same thing every day, just different colors or flavor.

We ate at a taco bar by the pool. The entertainment by the pool was lame and all they offered was bingo or aerobics. There’s no music by the pool and we had to play volleyball in the ocean because there was no room at the pool. And the ocean was horrible - rocks were everywhere you walked and all the seaweeds floated up all day and the beach was smaller than my backyard. Even lower rated hotels have lounges in the main area to meet people and have drinks. They had nothing. This one is crazy. We went to the front desk to ask for a map and ask questions. They said they don't have maps and didn’t even try to help us.

Of course, the hotel next door had the maps. It’s the same map I get every time I have gone to Cancun for 15 years. I was so angry because I spoke so highly of Cancun to my 2 friends I went with and everything I told them great was bad. All the picture of the hotel on the advertisement were pictures of the hotel next door and the price we paid was for a 4-star all-inclusive. This didn’t even meet a 2-star. And the all-inclusive was not supposed to be limited. I feel we were misled by the picture and hotel description. I could go on, but I hope you get the picture. The only good part were the shuttle to and back, the waiters, and the ladies that seated us at dinner. Also, we talked to a couple that just got there and when they got to their room, there was luggage on the bed. They went down and told them and they gave them again a room with luggage on the bed. And at least they were truthful about the fact that we didn’t have to pay for our luggage on the plane.

Original review: March 9, 2012

We went on a trip to Ixtapa, Mexico. It’s a beautiful place. That’s why we have returned there thirteen years in a row. We have never had a problem until this year. I missed my plane. It was my fault, but we always go through a company, such as Funjet, etc., to help with the unforeseen. We could have better not have bothered. Our rep Rafael ** said he would look into it. Two days later, we still had not heard from him. We then saw an Apple rep and within ten minutes he told us he couldn't get us a new ticket. But if we went to the airport, he said they could help us and they had a plane out that day with room on it. I finally found the Funjet rep. He said he couldn't do anything about it. This was two days later. If I had not seen him, he probably would not have contacted us.

He was extremely rude and nasty. If you would like to go on a side trip where he could take your money, you couldn't get rid of him. Which brings up another problem: if you did not have the exact amount of money for the trip, you had a hard time getting your change back from him. It's really too bad the reps aren't trained better with this company and dealing with more personal reps. The rudeness was inexcusable. I was very impressed with Apple helping us when we hadn't even booked with them. Do I want my money back? No. But I do think Mr. ** should be told to look for a different job. We will go back to Ixtapa next year but not through Funjet. If they get rid of Mr. **, I may consider it in the future. I spoke to someone on the phone and he said they never had any problems in Mexico before. After reading comments of other people, I'm beginning to question the integrity of this company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2011

The Lomas reps are liars and cheats. We received the most horrible service that we have ever encountered traveling to Mexico. They were rude, disrespectful and unaccommodating. The horrible service we received from the moment we checked in should have gotten us an upgrade at the very least, but didn't. We requested to be moved to another resort and were told if we did, we would have to pay to be moved. Never will I book with them again and my travel agent is fired.

Original review: March 11, 2011

We booked a vacation at an all inclusive in Cancun, Mexico through Funjet Vacations. When we arrived at the resort we were told that we booked as "European" which we now know means we do not have meals and drinks included. So $l500.00 was paid extra for the 8 night stay. Funjet did not say anything about this all inclusive not including food and drink, but claimed that we should have clicked on the word European and we would know what we purchased. We feel that this was important info to be put in the fine print. Funjet believes everyone knows the meaning of European. We did not, but now we sure do. The BBB apparently agrees with Funjet. We will never again use Funjet also called Marks Travel again. Also will not waste time with the BBB.

Original review: July 10, 2009

You will see a detailed account of what I went through during a vacation I booked through Funjet. Because of what I went through, I’m looking to get a full refund for my hotel stay for two reasons: as compensation and for the fact that I only stayed at the four nights, not the original eight nights that I had booked. When you read below, you will understand why I am looking for both compensation and a refund. However, Funjet is refusing to refund my money in full or compensate me.

This is a two-part letter of complaint concerning both Funjet and the Bahia Mar hotel.

Part one: Funjet.

I recently booked a vacation through the Funjet travel website. I wanted to go to a beach resort in Miami, Florida, so I searched for vacation packages from New York to Miami. When I searched, various hotel and flight packages came up. I looked through them until I found what appeared to be the most reasonably priced and affordable package according to my price range. The package I booked was a flight from New York’s JFK Airport to Miami International Airport and the hotel was the Bahia Mar hotel and beach resort. The Bahia Mar hotel is located at 801 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale.

As I had searched for Miami and this hotel came up, I was under the impression that the hotel was in Miami being unaware of the geography of Florida and trusting the Funjet website. I believed this because I had searched for Miami vacations and this was one of the packages that came up. However, I discovered upon arriving in Miami that it was nowhere near where I wanted to stay which would have preferably been Miami Beach, Hollywood Beach or South Beach. However, this error was made due to the misleading nature of Funjet's website as they have Fort Lauderdale hotels under a Miami search.

What is even more perplexing is that the flight was to Miami International Airport, which was nowhere near the hotel I stayed in and was a $90 cab ride to the Bahia Mar hotel. As I got off the plane and went to the taxi stand and told the driver the address, his face screwed up as he said where is that. I told him Fort Lauderdale and he said that's far and it's not in Miami. There were also no shuttle services to the hotel from Miami Airport. My heart sank while I was in the cab and I realized I was getting further and further away from Miami.

I arrived at the hotel on Saturday, May 23, 2009, at about 11:30 pm. The situation became worse when I proceeded to the check-in desk and the clerk requested a hotel voucher which I did not have nor was I informed by Funjet that I would need one. The following morning, I called my mother who was in New York and she advised me to call Funjet. We both called Funjet, but were unable to call Global Travel as they were closed. Funjet told both my mother and I that we didn't need a hotel voucher and the hotel insisted that I did need a hotel voucher. Finally, my mother faxed a couple of email confirmation letters that she received from travel consultant Karen ** who initially helped my mother book the vacation package. The hotel finally agreed that those emails would be sufficient. The Funjet staff did nothing to assist my mother or me.

I then called back Funjet to ask them if they could transfer me to a hotel in Miami as I did not want to be in Fort Lauderdale and due to their error, I was in the wrong location and was not happy. I spoke to Erin and later Elisa. They were not very helpful at all and said that I could go to Miami, but I would have to pay more money for the new hotel and a penalty fee for the hotel I was already staying at. I did not want to spend more money than I already had and felt that they should have been offering me compensation for their mistake rather than making me pay more. Their attitude was cold, indifferent and unfriendly. As far as my complaint was concerned, they said I could write a letter to Funjet as I am doing now: however, I would like to emphasize they were not at all supportive, were facetious and argumentative, and were making false accusations that my mother had become abusive and cursed at them during the conversation she had with them.

I was with my three-year-old son, exhausted, very disappointed, stressed, and feeling down about the whole situation, so I asked my mother to join me in Florida as I needed her support. This was a further expense.

Part two: The Bahia Mar hotel.

On both Sunday night and Monday morning, both my mother and I inquired about changing to a smoking hotel room with two beds as my mother would be joining me. We were both told by **, a front desk clerk, and **, a supervisor at the Bahia Mar hotel, that it would be fine and there would be no extra charge and there would be a smoking room available the next day when my mother came in. On Monday night, May 25 (Memorial Day), I went to the front desk in the early afternoon to ask about the room change and was told that were no rooms available at that time and to come back later and was told again that there was no extra charge. Later that night, I went back to see if a room had become available and spoke to **, who I later found out was the manager, and I asked him about the room. He then told me it would cost me an extra $20 a night and I informed him that I was told by three different clerks, one being a supervisor, that there would be no extra charge. He said that was not the case and I would be charged. I tried emphatically to stress to him that there was a big problem in communication between staff if four different people are giving out different information; however, he refused to listen.

I also told him that the cleaning staff had not changed the toilet roll in the bathroom of the room I was staying in and there was only half a roll left. To which he replied: “We have limited housekeeping services.” However, he did not offer assistance or say that he would fix the situation, so I said, “Are you going to speak to housekeeping about getting more toilet paper?” He said he would do his best and I asked what that meant exactly as to me “do his best” meant he was not sure if he could get more paper. So I responded, “So does that mean I shouldn't use the bathroom?” And he replied that that was not the case. As I was getting a little annoyed by his attitude and the whole situation, he said, “If you get angry, I will have you removed from the hotel.” He said all of this with a cold and uncaring look on his face and tone and while I was standing there with my three-year-old, whom he was also threatening to put on the street.

When I returned to the hotel room and attempted to call housekeeping, I discovered that my room phone was not working so I went back to the front desk and told ** about it. He once again responded in a very cold manner that he would have it fixed. I then told him that he should have more respect for and be more caring toward the guests that stay in the hotel as we were paying a lot of money to stay there. He replied the respect should be mutual and I said I have not once disrespected you. He was extremely argumentative, abrupt and insensitive. This experience added insult to injury as not only was I where I did not want to be because of a huge error on the part of Funjet, insulted by Funjet staff and made to feel like they did not care, I was also in a hotel which had a manager who also did not care about his paying guests.

My mother arrived on Tuesday afternoon and was informed by ** the supervisor at the hotel that there would be no extra charge for the room. We then changed rooms and my mother ordered room service. When my mother called to order the food, the woman that answered the phone was rude and got the order wrong. As my mother was tired and I was hungry anyway, we ate the order that came. When my mother asked the woman why she had an attitude, she said, “Excuse me, I am just very tired.” Later, my mother found a cockroach in the bathroom of the room we were staying in. By the following morning, all we wanted to do was get out of there. This led to me searching for a hotel in Miami and changing to that hotel. This was yet a further expense on my part.

Before we left, I spoke to a supervisor at Funjet who said her name was Tammy and explained my situation to her; however, she was also not supportive as she talked over me and did not listen and also tried to imply that the situation was my fault and I should know where Fort Lauderdale is in relation to Miami, which then led me to ask her if she was familiar with New York and if she would know if I asked her where the Bronx was in relation to Manhattan. She responded no and I replied, “Well, there you go. So if you booked a vacation to New York and the hotel was in the Bronx and you wanted to be in Manhattan, would you have any idea that those two places were far away from each other? She again replied no. She then tried to tell me that I would have to ask the staff at the hotel if they would refund me for the nights I would forfeit by leaving the hotel early as it would be up to them and the hotel staff told me it was up to Funjet. I then spoke to ** at the hotel who said she could only credit me two nights out of the four that I would lose.

I was not happy with this, but there appeared to be nothing I could do. Later, while we were checking out, I asked to speak to ** again and my mother and I sat down with ** and explained everything to her in detail. At the end of the conversation, she agreed to credit me three nights out of the four which was better; however, I still felt and feel that I should be compensated by Funjet for the whole experience as basically my only vacation was ruined by the incompetence of Funjet. My request to Funjet is to be compensated for the entire eight nights that I booked at the hotel which would be an extra five nights as I have already been refunded three nights by ** and not by Funjet. I further request that the five nights be refunded without a penalty fee. We left the hotel on May 27, 2009.

Original review: June 6, 2008

My daughter got very sick and I was trying to reschedule our trip to Los Cabos since she was contagious. Although the Hilton hotel and airline were willing to rebook us with no fee, FUNJET was only interested in keeping thousands of dollars which they did. Along the way, I found out that they misrepresented the flight information. We thought that we were using a regular SUNCountry flight but this was not the case. They would not give you their supervisor's extension and spit on your face with insulting comments. It is a shame that this company is in business.

More than $5,500 loss.

Original review: March 23, 2008

I booked a trip to Jamaica and purchased the additional cancellation anytime and during travel. Well, I canceled my vacation after 1 day. Could not get a flight back for 3 days. When I got back, Funjet told me I had to work with another company that carried the insurance. They sent paperwork for me to complete. I filled out and sent in. My claim was denied because there were no medical or legal compelling reasons to cancel. My impression was cancel anytime for any reason meant just that.

I paid $4000 for 4 day vacation and I feel that I should get some money back. I was denied. I think a Class Action lawsuit against Funjet Vacations is needed for misleading people about the cancellation clause.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2007

We booked an all inclusive vacation for my birthday to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and stayed at the Barcela Maya Resort. We had to spend over $400 to upgrade our room b/c the first room was full of ants and filthy and they did not have another room and moved us to the other side of the resort. On the day of departure we asked our Funjet rep to book us a taxi to the airport because the shuttle was leaving 4 hours before our flight and our youngest child was sick (from the food). We waited over an hour and half for a taxi as they had never made booked the taxi, and made it to the airport an hour before the departure time. The Funjet rep at the airport told us the flight was closed. We asked how that could be when we paid for 4 seats. He said for $300 cash he would get us on 1st class and that was the only way we could fly home. I was furious and told him absolutely not. He said well sorry then.

My husband gave him $300 cash (we received a receipt)so we could fly home. When we got on the plane the stewardess indicated the flight had been overbooked.

$700 Total

$300 for airfare, $400 for hotel room change.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2006

Arrived at the Riu Playacar two days before Hurrican Wilma. Funjet reps in Mexico are staff of the Lomas Travel Agency. These Reps knew nothing. We never received any information from our Rep, she was never on time to her post and the only reply we ever got from her was I dont know.

After the hurricane passed, there still was no information from the Lomas Travel Rep, or a feeling that they knew what they were talking about or doing. We even had the Reps supervisor tell us that their phones were down and then less than a minute later his cell phone went off. Funny, how I was receiving more information via my cell phone from the same location!

Then I get home and start the process of getting reimbursed my approximately $800 of additional expenses that we were not counting on, only to get a phone call from Blanca Montenegro-Chavez, being rude to me when shes not even going to reimburse me for any of my additional expenses! Oh, no, she'll give me a credit for 3 days of shelter, for use toward another trip. This doesn't even cover the amount of additional cellular costs! Which, by the way were $490. But, in order to even get this credit, I need to sign a release form first!

Then I receive the so called Release form in the mail only to get different information on it from what Blanca had stated on the phone! In the call, I was told Id be reimbursed in credit form for 3 days; in the release its for 2 days; so, it seems to me, that no one associated with Funject has their stuff together.

I then decide I'm writing to the corporation that owns Funjet. That was over a month ago, and still, I have not heard anything! We get the worse treatment, during and after our vacation, no reimbursement of additional expenses, rude treatment on the phone, but hey, heres a credit towards your next vacation thats only good if you make arrangements to use it within the next 12 months. Oh, and by the way, sign this release too! Because, basically, you should trust me on my word, but were not trusting you on yours!!

From the start of this vacation, we were told that we had insurance by our travel agent. Even during the Hurricane, we, as well as my daughter, were told that we had insurance Dont worry we were told by our Travel Agent at Carriage Travel, youll be reimbursed. Now, we come to find out, that we didnt have insurance, and no we wont be reimbursed, and to add insult to injury, well give you a credit so you can travel with us again!

I feel we're being treated this way just because we have a Hispanic last name, you send a Hispanic to deal with us. Why? Because you feel Hispanics will just shut up and do what theyre told? I dont think so! Yes, I am Hispanic and proud of it, but, no, I will not just shut up and take it without a fight. Especially not after the treatment weve received from FunJet Vacations!

Every other travel rep that was in Cancun, at the time covered the hotel and any other expenses, including Apple Vacations! Apple Vacations even found transportation for their clients to get to the airport! Not FunJet!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2005

We went to Mexico for our 3rd anniversary. We paid 1600.00 for our vacation. From the beginning Funjet changed our return flight home to the late afternoon without notice. We already arranged work schedules and childcare. We almost cancelled the trip because they couldn't work with us since there was only one charter flight leaving Cancun that day. We proceeded with the trip and th e2nd day we were there talk began about hurricane Wilma.

I began following the weather and on Wednesday am 10/18/05 I saw on the news th e hurricane was headed straight towards us. I began asking the Funjet reps and they were saying no problem - it's okay- it's not coming here. I insisted they check for us a flight to leave that day. That would be 1 day earlier. We were scheduled to leave on Thurs.

They rudely told us we couldn't get on any other flight and assured us the hurricane would be hitting through the weekend. We went about our day and heard from someone in town the hurricane was to hit on Thurs afternoon. We headed back to the hotel and got on the phone with the travel agent. She began checking return flights for home this was about 4:00 pm. As we were scheduling a return flight home the workers were nailing plywood and taping the windows.

We paid 900.00 to get a flight home on American. We got the last two seats. American had sent an extra plane to pick people up from Cancun. IF we hadn't got on that flight we would still be there today- which is Monday- five days later.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2005

FunJet cancelled our flight to Cozumel on July 8 and still has not refunded our money, even after several phone calls.

Lost our diving reservation down payment. Ruined our summer vacation. They have $1500 I can't seem to get them to refund.

Original review: May 24, 2005

We booked a well looked forward trip with funjet to mexico in Nov. 2004. The trip was scheduled for Jan. 4 2005. We had the unfortunate news that my fiance's brother who lives in FL., had just passed away of a massive heart attack the night before we were getting on the plane.

I spoke with Jennifer in cust. service, she assured me everything would be taken care of. All we needed to do was mail in a death certif. and an obituary and we would either be refunded or take the same trip at a later date. We prefered the latter, however the story was changed and we were told no such refund can take place. we were both out $1,400 each.

Not only did they fall back on their words, we were insulted, givin the cold shoulder, and basically told we learned our lesson next time to buy insurance. We were looking so forward to this trip,for we have only been on one other, that was not funjet. the problem I have is, finally after months of arguing and disputing the charges, we only recieved $630, for the hotel, NOT funjet. they would be more than happy to book us again, of course for full fare, if we wished. Fat chance.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2004

My husband and I booked through Funjet to celebrate our honeymoon at Sandals RC in Jamaica. We received our itinerary with our electronic ticket info in the mail. We arrived at the airport at 4:15 am to check-in for our 5:35 am flight to find that no reservation had been confirmed by Funjet. It was almost like we had received a bogus itinerary. After one hour of discussing with 24-hour Funjet hotline and no help whatsoever,we had to purchase new tickets to get on our flight. It was very distressing and I would not recommend Funjet to anyone.

Original review: June 3, 2004

My husband and I were married last July. We booked our honeymoon through FunJet. We were very excited. When we arrived at the resort in Mexico it was awful. Nothing like the pictures showed. The service was awful. Nothing in our room worked. No entertainment. A trail of blood was on the side walk from the time we arrived and still there the next day when we left. Starving kittens running around, which we fed.

We immediately went to the Fun Jet rep at our resort and requested to be moved. He could not find any availability at any other resort. We asked him would Fun Jet refund our money if we went home? He said yes, but you would have to deal with that when you get back to the States.

The next morning at 8:00 we called the travel agent, told her everything and she then tried to work with Fun Jet to move us. Still nothing. She booked us a flight home that day. We decided to get a refund and try again maybe in August or September.

We argued back and forth with Fun Jet for 6 months and only received $1000.00 refund out of $3600.00. We paid $2600.00 to stay 14 miserable hours at this resort. Needless to say we had no honeymoon and Fun Jet ruined it and furthermore had no compassion. we are going back this July for our honeymoon but not with Fun Jet.

Original review: April 15, 2003

Online ticket prices were $49.99 but their website does not work. When I called they wanted $107. for tickets. The $49.99 is online prices only, yet the website doesn't work. They would not honor the price I have a .pdf of the site showing the prices and error messages.

Cost me more for 4 tickets.

Funjet Company Information