2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

3.7/5 (364 ratings)

About Extended Stay America

Extended Stay America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Me and my family are displaced due to hurricane Ida making things hard to re-enter New Orleans at this time and everyday we been @ ESA NRG Hotel Mrs. ** went beyond to make us comfortable and welcomed. Is she an awesome and very hard worker and I can tell she values her job and the customers that stay here. Wish I could of gave her 20 stars but was only allowed to do 5.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Affordable and convenient locations that provide an ample amount of space in their rooms with the necessary tools/amenities while being accessible to various services, restaurants and recreational venues. They usually provide shuttle service that is great for when on a weekend trip or quick-cation. Service is not always consistent, as each location can be quite different, but they're usually satisfactory for what I'm paying.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

For the past 2 months at various hotels in South FL. They have all been friendly and clean rooms. One of their hotels I’ve grown fond of which is on 1401 W Mc nab rd. Tyshawn is very attentive & customer service friendly. Dealing with the public can be at times difficult. However all of my experience there has been great! Managers are friendly as well. Hands down this particular location in my opinion is the best one!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

My husband and I have been staying at the Extended Stay America in Waltham Massachusetts (52 Fourth Ave) and they have been wonderful. We have had the pleasure of meeting the property manager (**) who is kind and willing to help with anything you may need. The assist manager to our building (**) is truly a kind and compassionate human being. She helped us reverse our taxes since our stay was over 90 days. She always has a kind word and a smile for everyone. The Assistant Manager at the other building (**) is also a very kind and compassionate person. Even if she is not at this building she is always willing to help. The staff makes you feel comfortable and at home. We see ** the most as we stay to ourselves but each and every encounter we have had with staff is pleasant. If you need assistance they are there for you. This is an excellent place to stay if you have long term requirements in the Boston area.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

The very first thing that I like about the hotels are the kitchenettes with full refrigerators, a stove and microwave. Prior to the pandemic the housekeepers would ask me if I needed anything weekly. The attitudes of the managers, maintenance and housekeepers had/have nice personalities. The room that I am in has a cushioned chair for a visitor, a desk with a lamp and chair for a printer and a table with a chair to eat on. A closet space with a curtain to enclose things with an ironing board and iron. The room is modified for me a disabled with ample space and proper modifications to accommodate us. I have enjoyed my six months stay and the clothes or rack to move belongings help tremendously.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I stayed at Extended Stay at 4709 West Plano Parkway, Plano Tx . When I got there to my room was fine, tv & phone didn't work. They downgraded me to a room with mattress fill with blood stains, door broken in, sink clogged, screen cut, bullet hole in window, and blood in carpet. I was lied to by different workers. The general manger was rude. Never tried to talk to me until the morning I checked out. Was asked by a manager if it was ok for her to call me. I said yes. I have pictures. They don't want to give me my money back or offer me another free stay whenever I trip again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I checked in for fourteen days July 12-26, 2021. The entrance carpet worn and dirty so was the woodwork. In the room was the same. My phone in room didn’t work and was promised cookware on two separate occasions which never received! The entrance door close to my room was broken. Anyone could walk in. Safety was an issue. I checked stove. Only one burner functioning so that’s possible why I wasn’t given cookware! So I checked out July 17, 2021. I complained to person at desk twice. Nothing was done! The person at desk had the nerve to ask why I was checking out. I couldn’t believe she asked that because she was one of the people I had complained to. I couldn’t believe such deplorable conditions in Beachwood, Ohio! I attempted to call corporate and made a complaint. Haven’t heard anything from them! Some or all money should be refunded for such an ordeal! I will never stay at any of their facilities again!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

To tell you how bad the management of this facility is earlier this week a long term resident of this facility was attacked by another guest's PITBULL. The staff member refused to call the police to help the woman who was attacked. Another guest who aided her had to call the police. The police and paramedics came and gave treatment to the woman. The other guests have complained about this person and her dog. The staff told police the woman with the PITBULL would be leaving the next day. 4 days later that woman and her PITBULL are still there and are harassing the other guests! The police again have been made aware and I am sure a lawsuit will be filed against this establishment and their staff! How any corporation can support this kind of reckless disregard for the safety of their guests is beyond believability! I hope the woman attacked gets a huge settlement!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

We checked in on 2 May thru 21 August and had a number of major issues with this Extended Stay America chain...We paid a total of 300 for a pet fee which was to be used to reclean the room for the next customer BUT this hotel was sold to a new owner and they are going to totally renovate all rooms so they keep the pet fee in place to simply earn extra on it. Secondly, due to COVID we were suppose to have a room cleaning every 2 weeks BUT after 3.5 months we never had a single room cleaning. THEN the air conditioning unit started leaking water and flooded the carpet for over a 10 days with no attempt by the hotel to fix it because it was sold to a new owner.

Thirdly, we did get a set of clean sheets once which turned out to contain bedbugs which my husband had a large number of bites from the new bed sheet. Fourthly, we had booked a 2 week period due to a house construction delay for a set rate and keep extending the reservation due to construction delays and made payments when asked assuming the set rate continued which is what he were told when we checked in if we did have to extend. BUT when the billing was printed out we discovered that the rates varied well over 25 times during the period roughly 15 to 30 dollars more per day over what we had booked for with the explanation that well if you extended then we could change the fee structure.

After three calls to the Customer Service number and getting a Case Number we were told we would receive feedback within 24 to 48 hrs...Now 72 hrs later still no response from anyone concerning our complaints. Finally, we were told that with the new owners we had to pay the last 4 days immediately or have the room locked and we were told this and given 15 minutes to pay or be locked out.

I pointed out we were shifting money from our bank savings acct to the checking acct and would be able to pay in the morning with no problem. Or we could hand them a check to cover the cost until the money shifting around was completed and then we could pay. That was rejected as they only take cash or cards. Even Extended Stay America Customer Service attempted to get the delay in place and it was rejected as well. Remember as customers with over 3.5 months and spending well over 6300 they would still not wait until the next day to be fully paid.

So no room cleaning services for 3.5 months, wet carpets for 10 days, bed bug bites and a walk in shower that had massive black mold, a new owner that drove constant paying, being locked out AND a Extended Stay America Customer Service that was totally unresponsive are reasons to avoid ever using any Extended Stay America. One of the worst experiences we have ever had with a hotel or extended stay hotel. Would never recommend using Extended Stay America hotels.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I stayed at the Extended Stay in Charlotte North Carolina. The staff would not change out the towels. They never once offered any assistance to me as I was having trouble with the locks on the doors. They just kept giving me more cards to swipe the doo. People that did not have a room there would pull up and stay for hours. Every night it was loud and chaotic. Radio's blaring, people yelling, and drinking.. There was a woman with an SUV. She had 3 kids and for For 2 days these kids ran around the motel inside outside knocking on doors being Loud, and the staff said and did Nothing to stop it. There was trash laying around And when I left my trash outside my door the cleaning lady rolled her eyes and started saying something in another language. I have never had such a bad experience and I will never stay at another extended stay again in my life.

Extended Stay America Company Information