2. Travel

Emirates

Emirates
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

Emirates Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2014

Never fly Emirates again. Emirates staff are the worst in the world. I want to change my flight over to a latter date & told the cost is 350 pounds, when it should be 100 pound. I did not know my ticket is only valid for 4 months. I thought every airline ticket is valid for up to 12 months. But the way the staff talked to me over the phone was disgusting & very impolite. The supervisor would not let me talk with a manager, wow. She said she was the highest person I can talk to. Date: 11 Dec 2014. Time 11.15am. Name staff: Gloria. When I bought my ticket online there was nothing saying this ticket is only valid for 4 months. I will never fly Emirates again & will always talk bad about the world's leading airline company. Never again for me. Bye bye emirates. You will never see me again on your airlines.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2014

W.r.t my reservation number **. I had lot of problems. My flight was cancelled at Chicago (from ORD to FRA) due to technical reasons. I have no issues with that as it was done for passenger’s safety but below problems continued.. I was not given any food as I am strict by vegetarian. I then asked for some fruits and they could give me apple and banana, only one time and a small bowl of fruits later... No food for almost 30 hrs. My bags were not loaded on rebooked flights. Emirates and I had to rush all around to baggage claim center and file the claim at HYD center. Later when I go to Lufthansa center in Pune, and they don’t respond properly. They said I have to claim from Emirates. But the bags were not loaded on emirates and I guess they were suppose to be loaded on Lufthansa on second day flight..

When I call Lufthansa call center in Pune and Mumbai, no one picks. Later I called Delhi office and one guy picked but later he put me to other person.. That person told me what I knew already. He asked me to check with Emirates. Even me explaining that bags are not on emirates but they are suppose to be on Lufthansa. I hope I will receive bags but maybe a day late, but no big deal. I can wait. When I asked for flight change at SFO, they asked me to pay change fee and also fare diff at United counter.. But now that I have to go thru such a big trouble, how am I going to get compensated? I was getting four leg flight for 900 dollars and I did not buy it as I wanted to reach early but then it happened the same. Two or three days later.. now that my luggage is located, Mumbai could not release customs. And now it’s getting routed to HYD either directly or via Dubai.

Rep from Lufthansa called me and told me send the email to US customer relations cell but haven’t received the correct email id yet. This is 7th day after I landed in India and my luggage is still missing. One other thing, Emirates wants me to go to Mumbai and pick the luggage and they do not want to pay for any of the pain I take except the transport. And that also looks like they do favor to me. Now when I call US Lufthansa, they have no clue. They say the file is with Emirates and they can do nothing about it. File with Emirates, flight booking with Lufthansa, started with United airlines, landed in Pune with jet airways... and now luggage is with Lufthansa. I have kept lot of patience while talking to all the people. At least 50-60 phone calls I have made in last 7 days. Who is going to compensate me for all this?

After another two days, Received only two bags but I was informed that all three have been located. Just now received call from Mumbai that only two were located and third one is lying at airport with some other name. (It means that someone is lying). (Why would they not call me right there and send me the picor something thing). After I checked my bags, there are items missing (hardly anything in value but one item of more emotional importance) (1. Dates, 2. Pistachios, 3. Socks, 4. Cetaphil, 5. Oakley glasses etc). 4. I am pretty sure there will be more items missing from third bag after I get it and also I don’t know when I will get it. It was very evident that my bags were opened as I did not find things in order the way I packed. (One of the dates box was opened and dates got spilled all over). Bags should have been send directly to Pune as I had initially booked my ticket from SFO to PNQ.

Why these were sent to Mumbai, I don’t know. Mumbai customs people are like vultures. I have been travelling for last 12 years and after Lufthansa started flight directly to Pune, I stopped flying to Mumbai to avoid these people. I paid 300 dollars more to fly to Pune. I know my third bag will be opened too and will not surprise me if items are missing. Bags need to be opened by customs authority in front of Carrier people are under surveillance (I request footage of surveillance). Got few calls from Emirates Mumbai - one will say bags will come same night, other one will say I am new and was on leave for two days, one will never pick up the phone, etc. I also learn from you that Mumbai will not first release the baggage but then they release it afterwards. That means either they are not aware of rules in the beginning or they changed their mind later...

Original review: Nov. 23, 2014

He was supposed to help change my uncle's ticket and then he said "I can't take money over the phone." I said, "it's obvious you can't so where do I pay and why the sarcasm?" That was all I said, all hell broke loose with all sort of tones and warnings. I was forced to ask him his name Ahmad **. It's unfortunate you get to be rude to people behind the phone. My husband works for Etihad and no time have I ever have to deal with ill mannered people. I hope this is my last experience with emirates, it was simply unprofessional.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

This letter is to consent the excess baggage charge that was imposed on laptop bag (5.5kg). Additionally I also had an excess baggage charge on my check-in bag (4.5kg), which is acceptable. I made sure to show the contents inside the laptop bag to the Emirates attendant at the counter. Apart from the laptop, charger and file that contained the documents of my travel, I did not have anything extra. Even after thorough inspection she asked me to pay the excess charges including the laptop bag weight. They charged me 26Euro per kg.

When I questioned about the new policy which was not accessible or communicated to me, they did not have any proof but to constantly ask me to pay the amount. It was pure unprofessional the Emirates attendant behaved with me, and since I had to make a decision, I paid the charge on credit card & then consent later. I am really disturbed with the incident and the amount - 260 Euro is not a small amount that any mid-level passenger could afford. I request the Emirates authorities to re-look into this issue and reimburse the amount for the same.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

April 11, 2014 - decided to take Emirates flight from JFK - Dubai - Kathmandu. I was traveling with one year old. From beginning to the end the travel was nightmare. Both me and my wife's hand carry was rejected and we had to send it back. We have been using those two hand carry for last ten years and even domestic flights have not rejected those hand carry. All the baby food and stuff we had to carry without hand on plastic bags because our hand carry could not be taken on the plane.

The person at the check in counter was very rude and she was eyeballing like we were flying for free and she was paying for our trip. After all the hassle at the check in counter, again they stopped us right in front of the airplane door and weighed things we were carrying in our hand. They woke up the sleeping one year baby and did not even consider that baby was crying and cranky.

When we reached Dubai, there was another hassle. We had confirmed by calling airlines that we could take 5 piece luggage and this was accepted in NY check in itself. However, the guy at the counter again said we can only take four. Again, with the baby we had to wait another one hour before they let us know that we could take 5 piece luggage. What was the wait and inconvenience for? I am writing only few things here but was a horrible experience traveling with a baby in Emirates. I would more and travel with a better airlines. Especially, THOSE WHO HAVE BABY AND TRAVELING, DO NOT MAKE A MISTAKE BY FLYING EMIRATES.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Emirates Airlines?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2014

I decided to check my seating assignment for my flights but could not get online after trying 6 times. I finally called their customer service dept after going on another website search for the number and after getting thru, I encountered a very rude and irritated representative who told me "it works, try again" and promptly hung up on me. After reading the poor service reviews about this airline, I'm sorry that I've booked them and my fingers are crossed! I've also tried to fill out their shuttle form as I'm traveling visit pass and that's no easy task as well!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2014

I checked in at Glasgow Airport on 23rd August of this year for an Emirates Airline flight to Ho Chi Min City via Dubai. I was asked at the desk for my visa for Vietnam. I did not have one as I had misinterpreted information online about visa requirements, entirely my fault. It may have been a senior thing as I am 70 years old. I was therefore, not allowed to check in and went across to a customer service desk to try to recover the situation. I asked whether I could use my tickets to fly to Dubai and pay for from there to Bangkok. I was told this was not possible. I then asked whether I could cut my journey short and go to for my holiday. Again, I was told no. I ended up paying £890 for return tickets to Bangkok, the same flights costing about £540 if booked online. So, I flew firstly to Dubai on the same flight that I was booked on for the first stage to Ho Chi Min, with the same again for the return journey from Bangkok, effectively having paid twice for the same journey.

Upon my return to UK, I wrote to Emirates to explain the circumstances in the hope that they might do the decent thing and give me some sort of refund. They have however replied, refusing to do this quoting all sorts of rules and regulations that they can hide behind. So instead of helping me during a difficult situation, they helped themselves out of my bank account. I have asked them for a refund of the taxes that I paid for on the first set of tickets and will pursue this claim through the Small Debts Court in Scotland. Emirates customer service reputation is fully justified as far as I am concerned.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

My husband and I were traveling from DLS to PBI via JFK on Emirates. The JFK to PBI sector was on Jetblue. At New Delhi we were issued 3 boarding passes...for DLS to DXB, DXB to JFK, and JFK to PBI [by Jetblue]. At Jetblue security we were informed that our boarding passes were not valid. At the Jetblue counter we were informed by the agent that "Emirates always issues invalid boarding passes." We had just got off a 15 hour flight and were tired; we missed that flight and finally were able to get on a flight 5 hours later but to a different airport and had to have a friend drive more than 2 hours to pick us up at that airport and drive us to our original destination airport to pick up our baggage. Repeated emails to Emirates have had the standard response that "we have attempted to assist you to the best of our capacity", but that is all. Never intend to fly Emirates again. We were greatly inconvenienced but Emirates has just shrugged us off.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

Booking reference: **, Flight number: EK777, Departure city: Dubai (DXB), Destination: Durban (DUR), Departure date: 17 Sept 14, Class of travel: Economy. On the date I was flying back to Durban and the young Vietnamese steward asked if he could hang my jacket up for me, to which I naturally answered “Yes please”. Towards the end of the flight he brought it back to me and I felt that one of the sleeves was very wet and the suede elbow patch was badly water stained. I called him over and he said that a few of them were wet as well and that “it will dry".

After about 15 minutes, it was obvious that this, whatever it was that had been spilled, was not going to dry without staining. I called over the young gentleman again and he called his cabin supervisor who was quite rude, telling me that it was only mine that was wet... different story to what I had previously been told! This 'supervisor' had no name badge on and when I asked his name I was told "I'm the cabin supervisor, I was just handed your small card and told to send in the complaint”. I asked him to sign something to say this had happened on board but he wouldn't do that.

I have the receipt and you would see that my jacket was brand new and actually hadn't been worn at all. I was carrying it as I didn't have room in my suitcase. I also have photographs that I have taken. I live in Durban South Africa and there is no dry cleaner that I would trust to clean suede, especially a watermark. I should like to add the question, “what on earth has happened to the standard of your staff?” They all seem young, inexperienced, and some of the men look scruffy with shirts marked and hanging out their trousers and looking as if they need a haircut. However this isn't my case here. I just want to know what you are going to do about my brand new jacket?

I EVENTUALLY had an answer back from Emirates: "Thank you for your e-mail and further feedback and please be advised that we deal with all customer feedback in chronological date order in fairness to all our customers. Whilst I regret that you are unhappy with our response, I would like to assure you that your file has been fully investigated and responded appropriately. Regrettably, I can only reiterate my apologies for any inconvenience caused as Emirates has no documented report for this incident at the time, or later recollection by the cabin crew on board. I am sorry that you remain disappointed with our final position and if we have been unable to bring this matter to a totally amicable conclusion on this occasion."

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

Shame on an airline company that vouches that it is the leader in services, then doesn't place any effort to support a passenger who gets injured, shocked and humiliated on its business class. I Boarded Emirates flight EK323 business class (the so called 'Amazing Airbus 380') & fell asleep right away, to wake up after 3hrs of deep sleep with swollen face, bleeding cut on my nose, & a full noodles plate & its sauce on my face, hair & clothes - due to the extremely bad design of their seats where a passenger behind me placed her plate on the 'shelf' in front of her, with no way to know that the shelf is merely an edge, causing the plate to drop on the passenger in front - who is 1 meter below, in deep sleep! Injured face, bleeding, noodles all over my face, hair and clothes for a 9hr flight, and after 1 week of "studying the topic", the airline states: "Though beyond our control, we truly regret if this incident marred an otherwise pleasant flight.... & We value your support as a Gold Skywards member and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon".

ARE YOU SERIOUS? This incident scarred me for life, and you look forward to welcoming me on board again soon?? IS THIS THE SUPPORT YOU GIVE? Cause of heavy traveling and my initial respect in your airline, it took me 3 months to turn from a blue to gold skyward member, and that flight is now definitely the last.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

Firstly we were asked to take a later (2am) flight after driving 2 hours to the airport - declined, proceeded through the luggage drop off etc. We were then called to the Emirates desk and again asked to take a later flight as they were overbooked. We again declined. On board they ran out of chicken (I do not eat fish) for our 2 rows of seats. The hostess said she would look for meals. She never came back. After about 45 mins we managed to find her and she had totally forgotten. She then took another 20 mins to bring us what assorted meals she could find. An hour later I ended up with the fish meal so I had no dinner. On the return flight, I preordered meals -as guess what- they ran out of meals so the 2 rows behind us got assorted leftover dishes - with only about a 20 min wait.

The worst event was 20 hours before our flight home, I check our flights and seat booking - all was fine. At the airport I tried to book in and print our boarding pass. It said 'seats can not be allocated- go to the desk'. This we did and were told we had been selected to go on standby! Luckily we were booking in just as the counter opened so after waiting (and fuming) for 20min we were allocated seats. So why is it acceptable to overbook a plane and have customers PAY for a seat and then have Emirates decide to give your seat to someone else. How is that fair or ethical? I was so disappointed by our treatment on both flights with Emirates - the worst flying experience we have ever had.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2014

My parents were travelling from Boston to New Delhi on 10-15-2014. On our tickets it says "your departure is from terminal E", but when we reached on terminal E they said fly Emirates counter shifted on terminal C 3 weeks ago. So my parents has to walk all the way from Terminal E to C which wasn't a short walk at all. It was so inconvenience and bad, they gave us no notification, no email or text, even in the morning. I received a text from Emirates which still said "your flight is from TERMINAL E." This was our first time with Emirates and it's gonna be last for sure.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

I hate to have to do this but I cannot believe how unprofessional and plainly rude Emirates and the staff are. I have submitted 5 complaints in relation to the same issues and the fact that no one has responded infuriates me even further. I traveled with Emirates on the 02/01/13 from Birmingham to Sydney via Dubai. My flight was delayed in Birmingham and when I arrived at Dubai, I was informed that I was unable to board the flight that would be departing in 1 hour. The staff were rude in their tone, the way they looked at me, talked to me and their mannerisms. They rolled their eyes constantly and even just ignored me at some points. They informed me that I had to wait an additional 9 hours for the next flight as they needed 75 minutes to move my luggage from flight A to flight B. As I was the only passenger transferring onto flight B, Emirates could not possibly accommodate the 15 minutes that they were late due to their error.

I finally got to the customer service desk and inquired about this change and I was told to "sit down and wait the extra 9 hours." I was informed that they had no hotel rooms available so I should secure myself a seat at the airport. I tried to ask for help again and found one staff member who was willing to help. He told me he would get me a hotel room and I should follow him. I followed this man for 20 minutes with my bag. Suddenly, he opened a door and disappeared. I knocked on the door and no one answered. Another staff member came out and told me to go back to the customer service desk. All the walking and hope was for nothing. He was leading me astray for no reason. Was this some sort of game between these imbeciles? Is this racism, sexism, prejudice, ageism? I have no idea!

I failed to mention that I was meeting my brother at Dubai to catch a flight with him to Sydney. I noted down his gate, picked up my bags and ran there. The doors had just closed. I had just missed him. The staff told me that my brother was aware of the situation and that he would meet me at Sydney Airport. Later, I found out that my brother refused to get on the flight without me and the staff informed him that I had left the airport to go to the hotel that they never supplied. To make matters worse, they wouldn't tell him when I would arrive at Sydney so he had to wait for me at the airport instead of going to work. What is wrong with these people?!

So my next move was to contact my mum, I asked to use the phone which was refused then finally granted and snatched from my ear after 3 minutes of a timed call. Bearing in mind that I queued up for 40 minutes for that call and no one else was using it. When I reached Sydney, I submitted a complaint outlining the above and more. No response. I resubmitted my complaint and received a response after a month. Emirates agreed to credit me with a measly Skyward Reward points. I responded that this ridiculous amount was unacceptable and got no reply. They still failed to add these points on the account. 6 months later I received a general reply; I responded and guess what? No reply. 2 months later I resubmitted and have not heard from any representative of Emirates. After 5 complaint submissions and a few emails Emirates has still maintained its specialty rudeness and lack of professionalism. How can a major company act like this and get away with it? If you want to travel well, DO NOT FLY WITH EMIRATES! Or over a year later you will be writing something similar.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2014

We are writing to Customer Affairs to let you know of our bad experience with your airline. On September 3, 2014 my wife and I flew from Brisbane to Barcelona in Emirates flights EK435 and EK185. When we arrived in Barcelona on September 4 we were told that our luggage (together with 200 others) had not arrived in our flight EK185. As we had to continue our trip to Madrid with Iberia, we filled in a delayed luggage form requesting our luggage be forwarded to our Madrid hotel.

On September 5 we were informed by email that our luggage had arrived in Barcelona and would be sent to Madrid on next available flight. Through worldtracer.aero we could see that the luggage was sent to Madrid on Iberia flight 2711 which arrived at Madrid airport on September 5 at 18:30 in the evening. Having had delayed luggage experience in the past, we were expecting to receive the suitcases in our hotel at least 4 hours after flight arrival. However this was not the case. No one answered our emails or phone calls that evening (Friday evening, everyone from your office or SWISSPORT had gone home). We wonder when is delayed luggage ever delivered? How many days do passengers have to wait?

Having received no communication or suitcases on Saturday morning (September 6, 2014) my wife took the train to the airport to see if she could claim the suitcases. Of course SWISSPORT office in Madrid airport was closed at 10:30 in the morning (we wonder why it opens at midday). Iberia staff were able to tell my wife that the luggage had arrived and for them the case was closed. Not having received the suitcases, my wife requested to search for them herself in Iberia's luggage storage areas. She found her suitcase but mine was not found. Since that day (September 6, 2014) my suitcase has been missing. We stayed at hotel in Madrid until September 8.

We presume suitcase has been stolen while in your care because my details were very clearly displayed in 2 suitcase tags: One red leather tag in the top handle

and Emirates Skywards Silver tag with my name and member number on the side handle. We have emailed a claim form detailing all items in the suitcase, we have sent photo of suitcase with tags. Your Madrid office paid me 3 days compensation for luggage lost. We have been told that as far as Barcelona office is concerned the case is closed and to refer the matter to Dubai's office.

I object to the case being closed because you have not found the suitcase and you have not paid us any compensation for items lost. Is this payment forthcoming or are you still looking for my suitcase? We have not heard anything from you since September 30. We are appalled at your incompetence in handling matters with passengers! You do not seem prepared for your expansion and growth. Be assured that we will avoid flying with your airline in the future and our opinion of Emirates, to friends and family and anyone who asks us, will not be a positive one.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2014

They lost my luggage first and there is a procedure for that. I gave them an exact description and made sure they understood what color, shape and make it was and still they decided to note a completely different description. Amsterdam Schiphol airport calls me afterwards to confirm and they tell me that they got a totally different description.. I have booked a three leg flight and I had to spend so much money on underwear and shirts and medicine because of their incompetence and everyday I call many times and they start the broken record without any actual help. - 'We will start a trace sir' - whatever the hell that means!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2014

On 19th July 14, I along with my wife was traveling from AMD to KWI. On arriving DXB, T3 terminus, we immediately reached the designated Gate-A for boarding our onward flight EK 855, DXB to KWI scheduled at 07:45 and kept waiting in front of the gate from where EK 855 was displayed. We were continuously waiting for the boarding announcement and in absence of any announcement, I went to the desk lady on the gate & inquired about the status of the flight. To my surprise, she said that the boarding is closed & flight is about to leave and directed us to contact transfer desk. You may verify my statement through CCTV footage. At transfer desk T3, Gate-A, I pleaded to transfer desk supervisor but was treated miserably and not responded professionally at all.

No flight announcement for EK 855, not a single one till it left. Regular Flight announcements for other flights. Not even a single call for no show passengers having boarding passes. Other than us, we came to know that there were other no show passengers. Our plea was unheard & we were repeatedly told that it is our mistake with following: How the other passengers boarded the craft. Flight was being announced. Asked to report ticketing counter. Pay AED 540 for no show fee. I feel that that the flight EK 855 was overbooked, as such deliberately left us without making any efforts through announcement. You may validate this by checking the flight load.

Moreover, lady staff at ticket counter asked us also to pay for excess baggage for my hand baggage which was put as check in baggage by Emirates staff at the time of boarding at Ahmedabad. In-spite of explaining her about it, she was rudely insisting for excess charge. Anyhow, as I was on receiving end at the mercy of Emirates & their staff, without wasting any further I agreed to their terms for issuing flight ticket for DXB-KWI, EK 871 for AED 540. However, the transfer desk supervisor understood me & asked the lady to issue ticket without any charge towards excess baggage.

We are frequent flyer with Emirates Skywards membership, traveled many times since 2010 and always found that the on board service by cabin crew for serving meals especially liquor or wine is very poor with no choice of meals & hitch in serving wine without repeated request. With the incident & the behavior of Emirates staff at DXB port, I felt that we have been cheated for no fault of us, I have decided that I will never prefer Emirates except in emergency and would also not recommend it to anyone & ready to lose the skywards privileges. I am not putting this for claiming any compensation from Emirates but to expose the bogus class & style of Emirates and working of their staff in handling their valuable passengers or customers & their concerns in very rude, reckless & thankless manner at the time of helplessness & need. Hope this will be an eye opener to the Emirates in improving their services towards their privileged passengers & amend the behavior of their staff.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2014

I was working in UK for long time, always prefer Emirates as my flight. Even I refer and advertise the carrier to my friends also. But now We are in California my mother-in-law (tired and have a medical condition) was traveling to us. When she reached Dubai for the transit, she was told OFF LOAD. The real meaning yet to find, tried in dictionary but no definition related to flights... Then she waited for a long time and was given accommodation which is good but charged for the phone calls she made to inform us and for the room service. In between we called the customer service and they were uninformed and was acting blind. Later I had to call the Dubai number to get hold of her. Same thing happened for my friend's parents who were traveling in flight first time. The wheel chairs they asked for was not there on time, that they walked and almost missed the flight. I never try to opt this flight for elderly people and first time flyers. NO GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

Emirates Airlines lost one of my bags while returning from Maldives with a stop over of 6+ hours in Dubai then connecting to Boston. When I disembarked in Boston 9/14/14, I received a page over the intercom. I was then advised by an Emirates airlines staff member that my baggage would be shipped to my house because it was not placed on the plane in Dubai. I was then told to go to their baggage department on the way out of customs area. The baggage claim department had told me that they started my claim and to go to my domestic airlines and let them know that they would transfer my bag as cargo to my home airport Las Vegas on the next day. Today is 9/19/14 and I have not received my bag and have not been successful with Emirates customer service with either email or by phone as to the status of my bag. My impression is that they are passing the buck among different departments.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2014

I purchased ticket for family through emirates.com with return connection from Orlando-Boston-Dubai-Dammam. Orlando-Boston was code share by Jetblue airline. I reached Orlando airport at 11 am for 3 pm flight. Jetblue told me that flight was cancelled and asked me to check with Emirates. I asked Jetblue desk that since I have ticket showing their airline flight number, alternative arrangement shall be made so that I can catch 11 pm flight from Boston. They refused any help and insisted to check with emirates. I called Emirates and they said that since flight is cancelled due to technical problem by Jetblue, Emirates cannot help. I expected them to make alternative arrangement and hotel at airport since next flight was after 18 hours and ticket was purchased as emirates flight through their website.They refused to arrange hotel and also asked me to pay fare difference although it is not my fault and not due to weather. Since I had no other option, I had to agree for additional payment. Then emirates gave me flight with 18 hours waiting time at Orlando airport and then again 18 hours waiting at Dubai without any hotel arrangement.

When we landed at Dubai, I asked staff at customer service to arrange hotel. He again told me that it is not Emirates problem and asked me that "since your nationality does not have free visa entry to Dubai, you will have to pay for visa and also hotel which is located outside airport". He lied to me since Dubai has airport hotel which I came to know from Janitor at airport. We stayed at hotel and paid. We ultimately reached Dammam after 56 hours journey instead of 24. Our bag did not arrive. I wrote to Emirates customer service and they just informed that Jetblue flight cancellation created this issue and no further action from them. I had flight cancellation experience with BA and Gulf Air but the way they made alternative arrangement was excellent. I would not dare to travel again with Emirates with such bad customer service and attitude to passenger stranded at airports due to flight cancellation with no support from ground staff.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2014

I landed at Chicago airport on 4th September 2014 by flight No EK 235. First of all the flight was delayed by 45 minutes. When I went to pick up my check in baggage, I could not find them and subsequently I came to know that my baggage was misplaced and did not reach the destination. The purpose of my visit was to participate in a socio-cultural program held on 5th and 6th September 2014. As all my dress and other required items for the program were in the baggage, I could not attended the function which affected my credibility and disappointed the organizers. I received my luggage only today (9/8/2014). I never and that too after a lot of follow-up.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

We are traveling from kochi to Kuwait on 04 September 2014 on emirates EK 871. We missed 3 bags with food, dress and memorable item bag tag. No. are EK **/EK **/Ek**. Second day we did not get any message from emirates. Please inform us ASAP.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

Hi, I am an American Citizen working in the Middle East. I was on a trip to Sun City resort in South Africa with my company from 23rd Aug. to 29th Aug. 2014. Our daily program included morning meetings, afternoon activities, and evening dinner, so one would need at least 3 changes per day for the duration of the stay. My luggage was lost in Dubai and never reached Sun City. Since I was with around 130 professional colleagues & partners, it was looking really bad that I stay in the same clothes for the duration of the stay. When I filed the claim, Emirates informed me that they will request my bag and deliver it the next day, so obviously, the 2nd day I remained in the same clothes.

When the bag did not arrive, I called them and was told that it will be delivered the following day. Again, I stayed in the same clothes (keep in mind that it was required 3 changes per day as per the events, so basically for 6 events, I am still in the same clothes). Why I didn't buy clothes in Sun City is due to 2 reasons: 1: It is a resort almost 3 hours away from Johannesburg, so there was only few basic things to buy, like toothpaste, deodorant... which I bought. 2: Everyday I was told by Emirates that they will deliver my bag, so I thought to myself I would wait. Then, on the 3rd day my bag has still not arrived, I was getting really upset and crying, did not want to leave the room being in the same clothes day after day (breakfast, meetings, activities, dinner...), and was getting really emotional. Not to mention that I have a huge neck pain (diagnosed back in July - Aug. and have the doctor's report, and had my medication in my back) along with a darkened patch on my skin that was really itchy (again the cream was in my bag and have the dermatologist report).

Everyone was laughing at me stating I was in the same clothes. The pain I endured due to my neck pain caused me lack of sleep, agonizing nights, and had to wake up early for the meetings. I had made many phone calls (including Dubai with international rates and racked up big invoice on my phone bill). Then, Emirates confirmed that they will send my bag on EK761 on 26 Aug. (I have the email). So, I waited only to find out that it was not on the flight. Called again and was told that they did not make it on time and they will put the bag on EK765. Again I waited and after many calls, I was told it was not there (I have all supporting documents, including recorded calls, emails).

At one point, an employee I called hang up on me (have the call recorded). I went to the room, crying, feeling extremely emotional, thoughts of suicide, pain in my neck, itch on my skin (I even called the lobby for pain medicine and was told that by law, they cannot dispense medication (all this is documented). Finally, on the 27th Aug., after all those false claims by Emirates Airlines, I had to borrow clothes from colleagues. This was probably the MOST humiliating factor I had endured in all my life. Not to mention that the night temperature was freezing cold and had no jacket for the 1st few nights and got extremely sick with cold & flu.

Again, making many calls and enduring huge phone bills, no honest reply was given. Finally, on the 29th, went back to the airport and flew to Dubai in the same clothes I came in with & not to mention that we had All Employee & Partners photos taken for a book print (on different days) showing others in different clothes on those photos (since they were taken on different days) while I was in the same clothes in all those photos (huge humiliation). Once back, I was mistreated by an Emirates employee in Dubai airport, and once I reached my final destination (Jeddah), I was told that the bag was lost, found in Russia (under the name Khalid **) and now this bag is lost as well.

I have experienced the worst treatment, humiliation, pain (neck, itch, flu) and have not stopped thinking about it and how I was treated since my return. It is causing my different thoughts, most of the time I am not there mentally when I am with my family (my wife asks me what I am thinking about all the time). I am really looking for legal advice as this caused me great grief, and humiliation, pain, loss, and my professionalism in front of colleagues and partners for such a yearly important event. Hope to hear from anyone who can help.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2014

I was really displeased with the service I obtained at the check in point in Cape Town, South Africa. First of all, the check in clerk did not smile and apparently she didn't know the difference between hand luggage and luggage. When I asked her what she means by hand luggage she seemed confused and brushed it off with attitude. If she was actually wearing her name tag, I would definitely name and shame, but she wasn't even professional enough to do that! Secondly, floor staff (I'm not sure if they were management) were just standing around having a lovely conversation with each other, not bothered to offer assistance to anyone with bags or even saying enjoy your flight.

You know, sometimes as one travels you have the journey laid out from the point of packing, to leaving the destination airport fairly relaxed and actually enjoying the experience. Other times one is very frazzled with emotions running high as you have to say good bye to your loved ones as that could be the last time you see them (god forbid). Basically all I'm trying to say is, it doesn't take much to smile to a customer, have a little bit of integrity in order to deal with whatever the CUSTOMER may be going through to make them feel comfortable and more at ease! The level of professionalism at the emirates desk at Cape Town international needs work! And one wonders... Are they getting paid enough? Are they overworked? So, why are they not smiling? Hmmmmm, food for thought.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

Your employees in Lebanon are not friendly. They all talk in a very unfriendly way which makes the customer very unhappy. I think you should get your employees from Dubai to work in Lebanon as they are very friendly and respected people... Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2014

I have experience that our own people that they are not willing to help us. I have first purchased a ticket online through the website for travel on 8/11/14 from RDU to TUN. I have decide not to go it, called the Emirates, was told that there will be charges if I cancelled. I did so then the rep start talking to me to convince me to purchase the ticket and change the date to the 18th which I will not pay much after looking through the rest of the dates.

After changes has been made, tried to book a hotel reservation for the 15 hours layover on Dubai. They tried to tell me I am not eligible for hotel and I told them just change the ticket since it has not been 24 hours. They have refused to refund the full amount. I did say you can charge me $400 for both tickets I have and refund the rest of the money. They said no in spite of the ticket saying issue date was August 11, 2014. I spoke to the supervisor, he is saying the same. I say they are all poor in customer relation. They are not trying to help but they are more trying to make money, that is all.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

Completely disappointed with Emirates Airways. For an airline that touts itself as superior in its global standards, it unfortunately has one of the worst Customer Service and Lost and Found systems I've ever encountered. As soon as I got off my flight and put my first foot on the ground, I recalled that I left my phone on my seat which I had just used while on the flight. When I requested and pleaded with the attendant outside if I could reenter the flight to collect my phone or if she could simply call an attendant inside the flight to save my phone, I was nonchalantly told I had to wait for three hours until the flight was cleaned and would then hear back from the cleaning crew 'if' they recovered anything when all it would've taken was a quick phone call to recover what I knew for certain to be on my seat of the flight.

Once cleaning was complete, I was unfortunately informed my phone was gone. The negligence with which Emirates Air dealt with my case cost me, in addition to my phone, three weeks of what could've been completely avoidable misery. I was made to wait at the airport from 6:30AM to 11:30AM while the cleaning crew 'cleaned' the flight, when the entire duration of my flight from Kuwait to Dubai only took 1hr and 20 minutes. This frustration was compounded by a completely appalling experience with Customer Care.

Whatever number we called either had no one pick up or the person who did finally pick up would inform us they were not in charge of helping with our concern and did not offer to put us in contact with the appropriate party either. From one useless number to the next, we were constantly told to send e-mails to Customer Care and the Lost and Found Office but received no responses, leading us to suppose that the Customer Care unit is merely a 'name' without people behind it.

Upon searching for alternative contact numbers online, I found many other clients complaining in online circles of the same issue of Emirates Air's non-reachability and non-responsiveness to complaints and claiming that it only seems to bother to respond when customers make their concerns public on social media -- you'd hope they valued client concerns before this. As additional measures, I begged the Emirates Counter at the airport if they could contact any of the flight attendants overseeing my area of the flight, whom I recall speaking to on board, to ask if they saw my phone, but was told they cannot assist with this.

The same occurred when I asked to be put in touch with the cleaning supervisor to ask whether checks were conducted or records kept of the cleaning crew that day. I was told I had to contact the police to speak to the cleaning crew and that none of the Emirates representatives nor the Lost and Found Office have any contact with the cleaning team. There was no sense that the airline bothered to assist in the slightest, and a strong sense of a highly decentralized and disorderly system of communication. This was the case for me and I am a frequent flyer with Emirates, and was flying on Business Class that day.

While I never like to judge an experience from one or two faulty employees, the entire group of people I was working with over the weeks reinforced my feeling that this was a structural/systematic defect and not just the problem of 'some' faulty employees. From this experience, I've truly come to see what many mean when they complain that Emirates Airlines has become so big it doesn't care about the people that fly it.

What I lost that day was beyond just a phone, but a vast amount of information that was valuable to me, time, effort, and respect for an Airline that claims to lead in service. I call upon someone with decision-making abilities to take initiative and look into this matter, not only for my own sake, but as representative of a growing constituency of frustrated clients with a major fault in Emirates Airways, which if not fixed will surely tarnish its reputation.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2014

My wife and kids were scheduled to travel from HYDERABAD to RALEIGH/DURHAM Airport on 6th August 2014. They started at Hyderabad as per the schedule and reached to Dubai Airport on time. They were waiting at Gate No. A12 for Flight EK 237 announcement. They did not hear any announcement, approximately at 7:10 AM (Dubai Time), our kid went to counter for status of flight EK 237. They said the flight did not arrive. They lied to customer. Again At 8:35 AM (Dubai Time) when my wife went to the counter, they said the boarding was closed. The actual flight departure was 8:50 AM Dubai time. There was still 10 to 15 minutes time for flight departure. But still the Emirates staff did not allow them inside, more so they closed the door in front of them. Whatever the information I am giving you can see the same in the Airport video footage. You can verify.

When we said we were waiting for flight announcement, they mentioned the airport is decent airport and they need not announce and it is our responsibility to check. The amount of suffer we had, we never faced in our life. In the middle of the world with two kids without proper help. When we requested for tickets for next flight, they said we were no show up at the gate, so we have to pay $800.00 per person, otherwise they will not issue the ticket for next flight.

My wife and kids were surprised how they can close the gate in front of us when they are with boarding passes. And also keeping them in front of the staff saying they did not show up to the gate. At least they did not announce a minimum courtesy announcement for the missing passengers name. Along with them, there was another family with her two daughters also in the same situation. The Emirates staff instead of helping them, they were blaming them and saying it was their mistake and we have to pay the penalty of $800/- per person and total $2400.00/-. The Staff is very rude, not responsible and non-friendly behavior with customers. During this process, they would send us back and forth to find information.

I would like to see check the Video footage about our presence at Gate A12 and conversation with Emirate staff at the counter waiting for EK 237 Flight on 6th August 2014. Somehow they managed the WiFi and communicated with me in the USA about their flight missing information. It was midnight 2:35 AM in USA EST time. After that, I tried to call 1-800-777-3999 call center people. Contacted multiple call center agents, but the agents said the status of ticket was showing No Show up. I requested to provide the next available flight tickets to any EAST COAST airports, but the call center agents said, there are no tickets available up to August 27th. They also said that they can book the ticket to Emirates flying destination only, from there we have to take care to my original RDU destination.

How can your guys will expect a passenger can wait at airport for 20 days? One guy said there are tickets available but it is in Business class and we have to pay penalty and business class fare difference (Approximately $5000/- per person). I requested if I could speak to the supervisor who said she will book the tickets and update me as soon as possible. She took my home and cell numbers. I did not get any call back even after 7 hours. When I contacted again to 1-800-777-3999, a different agent said that I had to pay the penalty first then only they will look for the ticket. For all the above conversation and for number of calls, you can find the call track number and conversation recordings in Emirates system.

Meantime my wife working with different rude, uncooperative, reckless staff at Dubai Airport for their ticket booking. Finally after talking and arguing with different rude and reckless staff, they put us in EK231 (Washington DC) flight dated 7th August 2014 in waiting list. Finally the tickets were confirmed at 2:00 AM and Emirates staff took them to gate B32 at 2:20 AM (Dubai Time) and they boarded the flight in the last minute. Here I would like to raise my concerns and require answer from Emirates.

1) On August 6th 2014, for flight EK237, when they were in front of the gate with boarding passes at 8:40 AM instead of allowing them inside, they closed the gate without allowing them into Flight. How can they do that?

2) Again after paying Penalty of $2400/- ($800/- per person) for Flight EK 231 on August 7th 2014, they took them to Gate B32 at 2:20 AM (in the last minute of departure), the flight departure time is 2:20 AM (Dubai time). More so they waited and announced for one more customer and delayed 5 more mins.

3) My question is how come the passenger names were not announced when they had the boarding passes for the flight EK237, and not allowed into flight even though they had the time to board the flight EK 237 (Boston) at 8:40 AM (The Actual Departure is 8:50 AM Dubai time). At the same time, how can they allow them into EK 231 flight at 2:20 AM on 7th August 2014?

4) If you see the Video footages of 6th Aug 2014 at Gate A12 between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM, you can see all evidences. And also the 7th Aug 2014 Video evidences at Gate B32 between 2:00 AM and 2:40 AM Dubai time.

5) As per the rude, uncooperative, reckless staff information, the airport is a decent airport. How come they announce loudly for different flights (EK 231 August 7th 2014), not for EK237 on 6th August 2014?

6) I forgot add one more thing here. After all, we lost two baggage. I am going to complaint to different consumer departments on this. How to get the Video footage and announcements of recording of August 6th and 7th 2014 at Gate A12 and B32? Any idea? By submitting do I get any help from Emirate on this incident?

Original review: July 28, 2014

Nothing that I've read about Emirates surprises me as they are by far one of the worst airlines we have ever traveled with. Their customer service doesn't exist and yet they have the nerve to advertise - Don't you think you deserve a little more than just customer service? Good, so do we. And they win awards, year on year. What nonsense. As story is as follows:

Last year, we wanted to book 2 flights from Birmingham, UK flying to Dunedin (South Island) in New Zealand and back to Birmingham from Auckland (North Island). We tried to book online but wasn't unable to as only the return flight was showing on screen. We rang Emirates direct and was told that their system was down but that they don't fly to Dunedin anyway so we booked 2 return flights from Auckland and then 2 single flights with Air New Zealand from Auckland to Dunedin. This was on the last flight of the day and we have 2 hours to get on the flight after landing in Auckland.

Our journey, booked directly with Emirates was Birmingham/Dubai/Sydney/Auckland. However, our flight was 1.30 hrs late leaving Birmingham, which had a knock-on effect in Dubai. Then we sat on the aircraft for 2 hours while they fixed a problem with their on-board PA system so we were very late leaving Dubai and arriving in Sydney. Then we were herded (and this is a full 380 aircraft) to a departure lounge in the back of beyond where we were left indefinitely, with no information about flight times, etc., not enough seating so many people sat on the floor, and with no access to food and drink because the vending machine only took Australian currency and we were left like that for 1.30 hrs.

When we left Sydney, we have a further 3.5 hrs flight before arriving in Auckland. By this time we knew that we were going to miss our connection so we spoke to the flight Purser on both the Dubai-Sydney flight and the Sydney to Auckland flight to make them aware of our plight and ask them to make contact with their ground staff with a view to letting Air New Zealand know that 2 of their passengers were going to be delayed and maybe they would be able to wait a while for us. However, they weren't prepared to do this for us. So consequently, we arrived in Auckland 1.30 hours late (local time), it than took a further 45 minutes for luggage and to clear customs so we missed our flight to Dunedin.

Bearing in mind we left Birmingham Thursday day night and it was now Saturday afternoon, we had been travelling 24 hours and at best expected Emirates to offer us accommodation, because we had missed the last flight of the day so had nowhere to stay, but how wrong were we. The customer services lady was aggressive and obstructive to say the least, no apology or sympathy. We were told to claim on our insurance for out-of-pocket expenses. So with no hope of any help from Emirates, we had to book overnight accommodation and further flights which cost us £600.00, a lot of money considering we'd already spent £2,500 on two Emirates flights.

On our return from NZ, we wrote to Emirates Customer Services explaining what had happened and enclosing our receipts. They of course say, "Well, you didn't book your ongoing flight with us", but how could we when they don't fly there and no flights were available to book? And, since a member of their own staff confirmed this to us, we had no option but to book the flights ourselves. So the long and short of it is that Emirates will not refund our £600.00 or even offer us some Skywards points.

We wrote to the CEO in Dubai, who didn't even afford us the courtesy of a reply and a recent letter from Customer Services says we needed to fly from a EU airport to claim compensation. When we wrote back saying we did fly from an EU airport, which is where Birmingham is in the EU, we just received an email saying, "Your file has been investigated and if you have further questions contact the CAA." What sort of customer service is this? If we had been able to book an ongoing flight with Emirates to Dunedin, they would have had to pay for accommodation, food, telephone calls and flights, so some sort of offering could have been made as a gesture of goodwill if nothing else. So, the outcome is, yet 2 more Emirates customers who will never fly with them again and who certainly wouldn't recommend them. Very short sighted on their part as there is plenty of competition around.

Original review: July 24, 2014

On 20th July we were having flight from Dubai to Mumbai, Ek500 emirate on 20:25 pm and my seat no is 24 A. We had requested for Jain meal and myself and my wife got two plates of Jain meal. On plates it was written Jain meal, but in one plate salad and dessert were of different than other plate and was not looking Veg food so I called attendant and ask for the same. He said that he will check and confirm and after few minutes he came back and informed that it is fish. I was literally shocked hearing the same because my wife and I am pure vegetarian and due to international food standard we ordered Jain meal so that we can not come across any Egg or fish food stuff in our food. They were just sorry for the same and changed the meal.

Original review: July 20, 2014

My husband and I were traveling to our country on June 23. Our passports were expired few days before the flight, so my daughter called your branch in LAX and asked one of your staff before getting ticket. But she told her as long as they have green card and they don't need visa to get to your country they will not asked about valid passport in the airport!! But at the day of the flight your staffs with rude behavior shouted on us as far as my granddaughter was crying! And we had to sent her to Iran by herself. The worst thing was when we my daughter were asking to talk to your manager a Persian lady by name Sonia with really impolite behavior and so offensive started to shout on us in Farsi!! These all are unbelievable from a famous airline! And we had to go to Washington DC and pay $1300 just for flight to renew our passports and finally we went to Iran on July 05. Right now we have to return on July 22. It means we just stayed there 2 weeks and there is no available seat until the end of August!! This is our ticket number: **. Please help us to extend our stay until August 03 and please don't let some people like Sonia disrespect to passengers. I really appreciate your job. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Emirates Company Information