Dreamworks Vacation Club

Out of Business

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We paid $3,472.00 on 5/30/2007 to DreamWorks Vacation for use of Global Adventures vacation packages. The company seems to not exist. No service has ever been provided. Despite my best efforts I cannot contact anyone. I have never been able to use this vacation package. It seems we were scammed.

I can't believe I signed an agreement with this company. I dropped 5,000 at their seminar, then they vanished. I found out their CEO has gone to jail for fraud. Can you direct me to the Attorneys handling this case for consumers? I want to file my claim; I have receipts, etc. to back it up.

I was defrauded of $5,000 when I joined Dreamworks Vacation Club. I asked for a complete refund the day after I signed the contract, they refused. I told them I had a 3-day right of rescission period and they ignored me. I contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute claim, which they turned down. I filed with Consumer Affairs, who told me they had been successful obtaining refunds from this company. OCA later told me the case had been transferred to the district attorney's office. After waiting a few years, I still haven't received any refunds even though the company President, Mr. Turner, was convicted of fraud. DA's office said he had no money to refund and has a court case in September.

I have been misled by both the OCA and the AG, who had given me favorable responses regarding refund. Acting OCA chief Calcagni was quoted by newspapers that he wouldn't rest until every consumer was made whole money-wise. I had recently contacted Mr. ** of attorney general's office and furnished newspaper story by Calcagni stating he would get full compensation for claimants. Please investigate and forward this to the attorney general's office.

The attorney generals office prosecuted dream works & as a result on 1/31/14 owner Daryl Turner was sentenced to 7 years in state prison and is required to pay approximately $2.6 million in restitution to their victims. As of this date we have not received any of the $5200 we paid for the vacation club which was a fraud. What is the status of the restitution monies? Add your response.

I have been misled by both the OCA and the AG, who had given me favorable responses regarding refund. Acting OCA chief Calcagni was quoted by newspapers that he wouldn't rest until every consumer was made whole money-wise. I had recently contacted Mr. Biondo of attorney general's office and furnished newspaper story by Calcagni stating he would get full compensation for claimants. Please investigate and forward this to the attorney general's office.

Please help and respond. Is there a class action suit against Dreamworks Vacation Club and/or Five Points Travel? If so, we would like to join in prosecuting these fraudulent companies who defrauded us of almost $5,000. My wife and I attended a promotional meeting at Five Points Travel Agency in Willow Grove, PA on 9/19/2008. We paid $4,400 for membership to what was presented as "Vacation Travel Club."

Our credit card account was then billed $4,963 by Dreamworks Vacation Club of Parsippany, New Jersey (over $500 more than we authorized). Later, Dreamworks Travel Club attempted to bill our credit card again in the amount of $4,963 without our authorization. We realized that Dreamworks Vacation Club was a scam and had charged our card without authorization.

We called Vacation Travel Club and they said that they had nothing to do with Dreamworks Vacation Club. We asked for a refund of the $4,963, but it was denied. We disputed this with our credit card company and reported fraud, but our card company did not help us in recuperating the $4,963. We returned to Five Points Travel in Willow Grove, PA and their agency is closed. The email address given to us to contact Dreamworks does not exist. We would like help in recuperating our $4,963.

We were offered "free" airline tickets and "free" trip to Cancun, only if we would pay $100 by certified check to receive the "free" certificates. We never received these trips. None of the promised "discounted services" were delivered. Please help and respond. We would be interested in joining a class action suit against Dreamworks Vacation Club.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dreamworks Vacation Club?

We were approached on a cruise stopover while on a cruise by a young lady that scratched a card and said if we went to a promotion, she would get $100. She needed it to get home for Christmas. I had been to this type of place before so I was confident that I would not buy anything. I am not sure but some way, they got me to relinquish my credit card for $5,000.00. The only thing I can think of is the alcohol they supplied may have clouded my better judgement. When I got back to the ship, I fell asleep and woke up at about 3AM and couldn't believe what I had signed. 12 hours later, I called my credit card to cancel but they said it was already pre-approved. I called Dream Vacations 24 hours after signing and left a message to cancel.

They replied by email saying that since I was on a ship and not home until Saturday, they would be in the office in SC Monday. Too bad for me, I couldn't be back on the island within the 72 hours to use buyer's remorse. However, my intent was clear after 12 hours and 24 hours. This company doesn't offer anything that I can't get on the internet. They said we could get 2 condos a year, but they didn't say I had to pay the condo fees. Nice deal. Hey, what does the $5,000 + $299 a year fee get? These people should not be in business. They threatened to sue me if I slander them. They say that money is no problem for litigation. They lied, cheated on me and probably many others.

Please get them and expose them as cheats. I think that street lotto tickets are unfair and booze when I'm in their care is subject for concern. They approached me, I did not seek them and I want out of this contract.

+With Four Seasons acting as sales agents for Dreamworks I was sold a package which included free cruise and free airline tix (incentive to attend meeting). For the next three days after signing and paying with cc I tried to call and cancel. No One answered the phone. I have tried to get the cc company involved but they claim no recourse. I did NOT receive a right of recision notice in the package. I feel that I have lost nearly $3000.00 to a fraudelent operation and company.

I paid $2,482 upfront and another $2,482 over 24 months by credit card for vacation benefits for my wife and myself. After 12 months, nothing has been given to us after dozens of requests. In addition, we were promised 2 free airline tickets, 1 rental car with gas for 1 week and a free Mexico 2-3 day vacation for free. To date, nothing has been delivered. I am on Social Security with no income at the present time. It cost us a total of $4,964 without any delivery of vacations services that were promised. Anything that could be done on our behalf would be appreciated.

We received a postcard in the mail, stating if we came to their location and listened to their vacation club packages, we would receive a 3-day, 2-night vacation plus dinner and gas at one of over 1000 locations. We went and were convinced to buy a two-week vacation club membership for $2995.00 plus $278.00 usage fee (which is only paid the years used) plus administration and processing fee of $198.00. That was a total of $3472.00. We also had a choice of a DVD/CD player or a camera.

We sent $50.00 for our free 3 days and $19.95 for a camera. We did get our $50.00 back, after many tries in having them not approve the days that we requested. We never received a refund or a camera. We never received back our usage fee, because we could not schedule a vacation within the standards of their vacation rules. They sent our acknowledgement of membership to Global Adventures in FL.

Dreamworks would not answer my questions, and I was always told they would forward my message to the manager and that they would return my call. Global Adventure sent bills for the usage fee, and when I refer to the usage fee that was not returned, they say I have to contact Dreamworks. To take a vacation with Global, it has to be a week's vacation or longer, and they offer no real discount for hotels or motels.

A few months back, I tried to contact the club to see if they could assist me in obtaining a condo in Colorado for a family wedding within the upcoming year. After several unsuccessful attempts to reach someone via phone, I finally received a reply from their website stating I need to complete the vacation request form and send in the money to cover the vacation ($900, which I believe is non-refundable) before anyone will talk to me. As I needed to know if the club would work in this situation, I was not going to send them more money than I already gave them (approximately $6,000 at the time me and my husband joined plus an annual fee of approximately $240) only to find out that they would not be able to find me a place, or even the appropriate week, near the town where the wedding was taken place. I eventually received a call from someone who explained to me that it's pretty much a ** shot.

The way the club works is you give them 3 alternative dates plus the cost of the vacation upfront before they determine whether it is even feasible. Given all the negative feedback I've been hearing about this club, specifically, a news report just this morning on KYW, a Philadelphia all news radio station, about how Dreamworks is under investigation due to the multiple complaints received, I cannot justify ever using their services. I spent close to $6,000 plus an annual fee of approximately $240 and have gotten nothing in return. At this point, I am hoping that an attorney decides to take this case and file a class action suit against Dreamworks. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I received through the mail an all expenses paid vacation card. I went to the Burlington, NJ office where I was told that I could redeem my free vacation. I was missled into thinking that I would save money on all my futer vacations. They sold me a membership of lifetime.

It is also willable , sellable and transferable. I paid $6472.00 on 6-28-07 but later on that year when I tried booking a vacation all I got was an awnsering machine stating that the office was tempoary closed dew to renovations. In feb of 2008 I went on the internet to find that I was not the only displease customer that other people had been ripped off. I dont really know if anyone has been successful in getting money or services from this company. Please help!

Dreamworks Vacation Club operates various businesses under many different names and they sell liftime memberships for travel services. After contracting, they off load the services to other travel companies, such as Global Adventures. These companies are as bogus as Dreamworks and don't even answer their phones or e-mails. In addition, their prices are no better than pruchasing without their services. They do however find a way to bill you for annual dues that are in violation of the contract we signed. My wife and I were taken for $4,872 and efforts to get refunded have been without success. My CC company claims that my signing a contract stops them from helping, but my contention is that this practice is fraudulent and I should be protected. I have contacted my BBB and the State of NJ AG for help.

$4,872 for no services

same as susan from pennsylvania. our amount was $5200. we filed with burlington office of consumer affairs and were told by rep that they were very successful against this company.
we filed the complaint june and now have been told that it is in the hands of the state attorney general's office. they have a large number of complaints and are

going after dreamworks.

the oca rep contacted the credit card company on a number of occasions however citicards stated we signe a contract. i was under the impression that new jersey had a 3 day right to cancel such as new york however allegedly it doesn't.

it looks like the only hope i have is with the attorney generals office which is going full blast against dreamworks.

i am disappointed in oca -burlington because the rep told me she had been very successful in getting full refunds from the company however she later changed her tune and said citicards is not cooperating and i would have to depend on the attorney general's office.

very disappointed in her misleading me at the inception of the claim.

hopefully the attorney general comes through and pins dreamworks ears back.this is total fraud and i still don't understand why jersey doesn't have a 3day rescision law on contracts.

Through misrepresentation and high-pressure tactics, Dreamworks induced us to sign up for a vacation club membership on the spot. When we returned home that day and looked into what they were actually able to deliver, we found that there was literally nothing of value. We simply want our money refunded.

We've been trying to work through our credit card company. The original transaction took place in December and our credit card company for that month of January reversed the transaction. In February the credit card company has placed that transaction back for payment. Sent all paperwork to credit card company to show what Dreamworks is not. We paid 5463.00 for nothing of value.

The company stated that they were accredited by the BBB. In fact their accreditation was revoked and there are numerous complaints. They misrepresented themselves to us and we want nothing to do with them. We stupidly signed a contract, but they LIED! We spent $1493. Can we get our money back somehow?

In their advertisements and sales presentation, Dreamworks described a plan for heavily-discounted access to resort properties and airfares. They used high-pressure tactics to urge us to sign on the spot and to also waive the right of recission that's customary with real estate sales (contending that this is a service, not a property). Upon returning home and using their directory to look for a property that we could use, we found that there were essentially no properties available in any of the areas we were interested in (for example, only one location anywhere in New England, whereas VT ski vacations were a primary interest for us; nothing within 50 miles of Pasadena CA); what there was appeared to be inferior (hardly resort-caliber) at best. It turns out that the (RCI) catalogs we were shown as illustrative of their properties were described, after the fact,as examples only. Closer inspection of the documents reveals that they are only obligated to attempt to arrange a property at a time we request 3 to 6 months in advance.

We've been trying to work through our Credit Card company and NJ (Burlington County) Consumer Affairs. The original transaction was in May; it's now November and it appears that we're going to be stuck, because we did in fact sign a contract so the CC company cannot deny payment. We intend to continue working with Consumer Affairs in NJ.

(On July 11, the Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders, Office of Consumer Affairs, issued a notice to Dreamworks citing complaints from 24 parties indicating disregard of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, and requiring a written response by July 25; I do not know what further activity has taken place in this regard.)

Paid $7294 for nothing of value

I originally filed my complaint earlier today. I have since found out that Vacation Network Inc. has cancelled all involvement with Dreamworks Vacation Club effective 7/19/08. I came across this information because Phil Fuller gave me a paper with Vacation Network Inc. name and phone number on it. When I called the number I was told that they no longer had any dealings with Dreamworks Vacation Club.

Vacation Network Inc. wanted to know how I got their name and number when I told them it was in the portfolio that Phil Fuller gave me they were not happy. They said that nothing with their name should have been in my paper work because my contract was signed on 7//23/08 and they cancelled all involvement on 7/19/08. I thought that this additional information would be helpful in exposing Phil Fuller's sales techniques.

I was charged $1463.00 for a service that I did not receive.

On 7/23/08 I purchased a 1 week 4 or 5 star condominium program sold to me by Phil Fuller at Dreamworks vacation club. This vacation club handles all kinds of special deals, cruises and all inclusive packages that they offer their customers. When Phil Fuller was trying to make his sale to me and my husband we explained to him that we mainly travel to the Fl. Keys and that was our main interest. He guaranteed us that this club had 4 and 5 star condominiums in the Fl. Keys and all we had to do was to go on their website and we would be able to book a week in the Keys. He was unable to bring the website up and when we showed hesitation about finializing the sale Phil told both me and my husband that if we couldn't get on the website the next day and BOOK a condo in the Keys he would cancel the membership.

I called on 7/25/08 to cancel the membership and Phil would not get on the phone. I spoke with Lee who was there at the time of the sale and asked him to have Phil call me so he could honor his word and cancel the membership.I received 2 pointless calls from Lee saying all I had to do was call an 800 # and they could look up condo's in the Keys. Lee told me that the website doesn't hold all the inventory. I again asked that Phil call me because his sale pitch was that I could go on line any time and book a condo in the Keys and that if I could not book a condo the next day he would cancel the membership for me.

Because Phil would not get on the phone with me I drove to his office on 7/26/08. Phil was confrontational and unprofessional. Phil denied ever agreeing to cancel the membership and he would not prove me wrong by bringing up the website. He denied ever saying that I could book a condo on line he told me what he said was that I should be able to bring the website up the next day. He then said I had to call the 800 # to make reservations for a condo in the Keys. When I told him I would report him to the BBB he said go ahead he has a legal department that will handle that for him.

When I got home I called the 800 # and there are no 4 or 5 star condo's available in the Fl Keys just a Comfort Inn in Key West and a Econ Lodge in Key Largo. We were not given what we purchased and deserve a full refund. We have not used their service. Phil F. is a fraud!

I spent $1,463.00 and did not receive what I purchased.

Dreamworks Vacation Club Company Profile