2.83/5
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratings
Are you this business? Claim your page

6 Dollywood Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My wife and I could not use our season passes to Splash Country and Dollywood Park in 2018 for personal reasons. I called 1.5.2019 to renew the passes for 2019 free like in the past. Two ladies told me there would be a charge if I renewed on 1.7.2018. I called today 1.7.2019 and was told there would be a charge of $55 for each of us. This is an outrage and a ripoff. Since we didn't use our passes, we were no burden to the park system, and had personal problem and should not have to pay again. Why RIP us off again! This is unfair and not right for you to fo us this way. Please help.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My husband and I drove with our two adult children, their spouses and 6 grandchildren from Michigan to spend Christmas 2018 in the Smokey Mountains and go to Dollywood the day after Christmas. We were expecting a theme park so in that sense, we got what we were looking for. Tickets were pricey for what you got. Parking was $15 a vehicle (did not feel that was too pricey) the park itself was clean, the Christmas lights at night were amazing but the employees were all rude, unhelpful (I got screamed at for asking in one shop if they had any maps of the park). The food was was ridiculously pricey (8 hamburgers, 5 fries and no drinks $145).

Once I found a map (thank you to the person who dropped theirs on the ground because none of the employees there were going to give me one) I wondered why I bothered with the map. It was somewhat confusing like you needed a code to find where you were. A waste of paper (maybe that’s why they were reluctant to give me one). The lines were extremely long so we did not get to ride many of the rides but we knew being the day after Christmas it would be. Also, 99 percent of employees were not only rude and not willingly to be of service but they were slowww... Like, they didn’t want to be there and it was your fault they were having to work (which is true I guess).

Our favorite part of the whole day was the parade... IT WAS AMAZING!!! The lights were spectacular, it lasted about 15-20 minutes which was perfect. After the parade, that’s when the horror started... Everyone wants to leave right after the parade so they are ushering you out, not through an exit area but through this tiny little store (20,000 people through a tiny store).

I get the thought behind this (people having to pass through store may purchase something) but it was a nightmare. Not only was it unsafe by fire code standards but if there was a medical emergency because so many people were jam packed like sardines medical people could not get to the person needing medical assistance. Not a well thought out plan Dollywood! Shame Shame. That was our last thought as we left the place... Take our money but don’t care about our safety. Did we have fun? Yes. Would we drive 12-13 hours again to come back? No. I don’t think I’d drive an hour to return unfortunately.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

My family and I had season tickets for Dollywood theme park. Each time we went we weren't able to ride but a few things and the last time, Dec. 27, 2016, we arrived at 10:00 and one grandchild rode 2 rides by 2:30 and the other two kids and I rode 1 {one!} ride. We weren't able to buy food because of the long lines and had 1 drink each the whole time we also had some popcorn even with the rides so packed they were still letting in more people. Luckily we rode the trolley and didn't have to wait in the line to go through the Emporium which stretched far beyond the store entrance back into the park or our experience would have been much worse. We will never go to Dollywood again because it's not worth the amount of money for one ride and hours of waiting in line. I wonder if there is a limit to how many people can be in a building because of safety. Why isn't there a limit to how many people can be in a theme park?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Very clean park and friendly people. Expensive for 1 day, but season pass is a great deal. Something for everyone--nature, history, fun, great food, amusement rides.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Disney quality is always there. A little overpriced. Pretty self-guided. Nothing much added. Disneyland is wondering and nostalgic for me. However, I think it is pricing itself out of reach for many. The average family with children usually can't afford to stay on property.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollywood?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Great places to stay that are all within a few minutes of the park. Awesome, very clean, very friendly staff. Great breakfast and nice pools.

Dollywood expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This park sits on 150 acres in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. The park hosts about 2.5 million guests per year and is Tennessee’s most popular ticketed attraction.

• Friendly: Dollywood’s stated values include making personal connections with visitors. For the last four years, it has received the Friendliest Park of the Year Golden Ticket Award.

• Christmas event: Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas has won the Golden Ticket award for the Best Christmas Event every year since 2008. Each November and December the park is decorated for Christmas. The park has several holiday-themed shows, including an outdoor show where thousands of Christmas lights are synchronized to holiday music.

• Shows: Dollywood’s live entertainment changes throughout the year, with different shows coinciding with different seasonal festivals. Shows range from bluegrass performances to magic shows. Dollywood has won the Golden Ticket award for Best Shows each year since 2009.

• Craftsmanship: Throughout the park visitors can watch master artisans practice the crafts that have been practiced by people living in the Great Smoky Mountains for more than a century. Visitors can purchase craft items including pottery, wood carvings and blown glass.

• Dolly Museum: Chasing Rainbows is an interactive museum that contains many of Dolly Parton’s costumes, including the wardrobe she wore in “9 to 5” and “Straight Talk.” Visitors can also see her numerous awards and learn more about her life.

• Best for: Dollywood offers attractions that will appeal to everyone who enjoys traditional crafts, live entertainment and amusement rides. The park caters to families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs