Disneyland

Compare Amusement Parks in the US

Research top Amusement Parks in the US recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was assaulted (illegal in all states) by an obese, mentally unstable "cast member" named Carrie at the Monorail entrance, triggering a panic attack as I have anxiety. Paramedics and security came due to the medical problem. I was treated so poorly by the Paramedics and the security managers Rondo and Cassie, they should be terminated for stalking (illegal in California as I had done nothing to warrant a security stalking as an assault victim). They want to intimidate guests into not filing lawsuits. I was also given incorrect information from the "cast members" at Paradise Pier which caused our day at Disneyland to basically be a physically violent runaround and NOBODY CARED!!! The hygiene, mental illness, and inability for cast member to control their behavior and personality disorders is extremely unsafe, absolutely ** and unpleasant.

I've noticed the guests visiting Disneyland are becoming extremely low class with no manners and ** behavior/inappropriate appearance while at destination for children as well. If I wanted to have a dangerous/third world experience I would have gone south of the border, but that is exactly what you will get visiting Disneyland. We also contemplated calling PETA due to low class guests throwing trash in the rivers, and baby ducks swimming around all the human garbage (literally and figuratively lol). We snapped a few pictures and might send in to PETA this weekend. We are canceling our pass after years due to the lack of class and behavior experienced at Disneyland Parks. We stay in a $5k a night suite and get assaulted by cast members... Just don't even bother. This place has turned into COMPTON-ADVENTURE and DETROITLAND??? ** AF. SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR A REAL VACATION. Safer and classier.

I've been to Disneyland a half dozen times. I took my family and 3 grandsons AGAIN! And this visit was not at all anything like the past visits. I will NOT go back. Big waste of money. I paid over $1700 for 2 day 2 park visit for 7 of us. It was wall to wall, shoulder to shoulder people. A SEA OF PEOPLE. It's of my opinion if anything spooked this kind of crowd many people young and old would be in great jeopardy. It's not if but when. Someone is turning a blind eye to safety and the amount of people allowed into a small place.

We did our best to enjoy our time but all of us decided not to return the 2nd day of which we paid dearly for upfront. Ages 67-11 and we all felt the same way. I doubt my grandchildren will ever consider going back with their future families. Right now they are 11-12-16 yrs old... It was their 3rd and last visit. We finished our trip with Magic Mountain and Great Wolf Lodge and both were wonderful. Disneyland SHAME ON YOU, you've completely thrown out your history of why we LOVED Disneyland so much... You lost this family's loyalty to yearn to visit Disneyland... SAD!!!

There are two things I like when it's my birthday, spending it at Disneyland and hearing happy birthday. Every time I have spent my birthday at Disney you wear your birthday pin and the employees tell you happy birthday. I know it's their job but it's nice to spend the day hearing it. Except for this year. I guess I came on a day where all the grouchy people were working and didn't even want to be bothered to look at you. Two of the people that are supposed to scan your card look and see if you are the person on it, didn't bother. Anyone could have used it to get in. I love Disney and usually I have a blast but that day eh wasn't the happiest place on earth for the employees, but my daughter and I made the best of it and had fun anyway. I just wanted to point out the money a person spends there at that park of course they want the full experience no matter what age you are.

It took 2 hours (literally) just to get to the parking area. We witnessed several near accidents as people tried to merge into ONE lane of traffic. It took another 32 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the park. In 64 years I have never seen so many people with so many strollers. We could not get on one ride as the lines were so long. The worst, Goofy would not shake the hand NOR have a picture taken with a very young Mexican boy. All of this at the cost of $110.00. I was in charge of a hospital for 27 years and we used Disney as one of our models. For me, this is a brand reliant on its history. Never again!

I do not recommend buying gift passes for a friend, they system is HORRIBLE!!! I purchased two tickets as a Christmas gift for a friend. I received a confirm with a number which we printed out. When my friends went to use them, they were told they needed a PDF on an email they never received. We called, expecting them to easily be able to resend (it being 2017). After holding and talking to 3 different people, I was repeatedly told that it was "impossible" to resend the email, it wasn't their "responsibility". We are season pass holders and the gift was over $200, so we spend good money at Disneyland, which makes billions.

I never received a ticket, only a confirm, nothing was noted on the email to ensure they received a PDF ticket, so it was deceiving as we thought we were done. As we purchased the tickets I must wait in line to get them for my friends, and the experience is frustrating, time consuming and just negative. While we have happy memories at Disneyland, this is horrible! The technology exists to allow for a resend email or they could mail the tickets. Boo Disneyland, this is terrible customer service! Get with the times and figure out a better system!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disneyland?

It had been 13 years since my husband and I had been to Disneyland and while it was magical and fun, the whole experience became dampened by the overcrowding and thoughtless effort to provide customers with shade while waiting hours for rides that last a mere 3-4 minutes. The fast track is thoughtless and unfair. We stood in line for 70 minutes for the radiator springs ride and so many fast trackers went ahead of us standing in the hot sun. Come on Disney, have crowd control (reservations). I'm sure people would love it if they could peacefully see the whole park without angst and frustration. Also put some cover over the line areas, little children (which is the focus) can't be in heat that long, and the elderly. Please don't be so greedy. People will come just make it nicer for them to enjoy the park.

I have been going to Disneyland for 40 years! This time it was with my son and his three young children (2-7 years). We stayed at the Grand Californian. It was early spring, many rides were down for maintenance, and some key rides went down as we were in line! Indiana Jones for example! The price for admission continues to grow faster than inflation. The dollar value is gone for the entertainment dollar! The stay at the onsite property was not current as many of the chairs in the lobby showed wear! The carpet had stains. This is not what one would expect from Disney management! 500-600 per night should buy more!

I took my family of eight and with my 3 year old Grandson for the first time, I must add that I have been coming for twenty years, and love Orlando and used to love Disney but they have forgotten their core values and it's all now just greed. Paid for their fast pass bands and it took hours to get on rides, the park was packed queues all day, seven rides when we eventually got on them broke down. The final straw for me is my grandson wanted to go on buzz lightyear before we headed home. Guess what. That broke down. Sat on it for twenty minutes and when we got off he saw buzz the character so he ran over to the line. This big guy stopped him, lines closed, I explained we had come from Scotland and their ride had broken down so that delayed my grandson not us, he told me to come back tomorrow??? Another 1k to get my family back in.

Asked for a manager, just got nonsense. Went to customer services, she was not interested at all. She never even logged my complaint. Disney will be turning in his grave at this. Everything is just there to extort money from you. 7 rides breaking down I was just unlucky they told me. All you do is queue and watch your life drain away the fun and Disney magic is gone for good.

I have been going to Disneyland since I was 12 and have never been so dissatisfied with my experience as I was last week. My family and I had 3 day hopper passes, the prices again had just gone up. Many, many rides were down for repair, Matterhorn, small world, pirates, grizzly river run, the big ferris wheel, just to mention a few and many broke down after we spent lots of time in line, space mt, slash mt, teacups, haunted mansion, etc. I feel like when a third of the big rides are down for repair. There should be some compensation such as a cut in price, automatic fast passes for example. Disney get your act together or you will be losing business.

I had a fantastic time, went on all my favorite rides! I took my mom and grandmother to California adventures for the the first time! We were super excited! We go to Disney resorts around 2 times a year for a few days at a time! I was super stoked for fireworks on Friday night, but shortly found out that you get kicked out early for the Halloween part I knew nothing about! I come from Reno NV which is a long drive. So when I found out we get kicked out early I was extremely upset! I did not get to see the fireworks and felt very rushed and did not get to enjoy my last day at the resort! I am also very sad to have just watched the tops of the firework show shooting off from my hotel building!

It was just so much amazement. It was just magical as I was in the fifth grade. I still remember walking in and meeting Alice in Wonderland. I was a rather shy person and she made me comfortable so the whole day was great!

Hotels are the hardest, most expensive. Parks were great, but didn't stay on site. Magical. Something for everyone, and enjoyable for all. Our group includes toddlers, teens, young adults, middle age and older adults. So many options!

Awesome. Good value over all. Convenience from hotel to Park. Lots of places to eat. Great tour buses to different locations: Universal, Knotts Berry and Sea World. Will do it again.

Overpriced and overcrowded. Not able to enjoy the park for it is way overcrowded with teenagers that get free annual passes from local zip code. Upon arrival the staff was very pleasant. During the stay they all acted if we were bothering them. When leaving it took a long time for our bags to arrive at our departure area.

Wonderful. Kids and adults really enjoyed everything about the place! Everyone of us can't wait to return!! The cool water mist were really helpful in the hot weather. All the rides were really really fun! The characters talking to the children and having their pictures were really fun! The shows were very entertaining for children and grown ups! The food was very expensive! I recommend bring your food and leaving inside the park going to your car or restaurant to eat! The fireworks at the end of the day are a lot of fun! It's very expensive to get in and you can't do everything in one day unless you have been before and know what you want to see again. It would help if you had a map and planned every thing beforehand! If you can it would be good you come back the second day!

Neat. Priceless. Great. Different. Wonderful place to go and have fun with your kids or your grandchildren. I would take two days to see everything because one day is not enough to see it all.

Pricey but very good for the mind and body to get away from everyday life. Wonderful entertainment and great rides. Nice for families of all ages. Expensive food but overall better than other parks.

A lot of fun. Expensive but worth it for the experience. Close to the park with shuttle. I only saved on parking. Disneyland is always an experience that goes beyond being a place with rides. There is a feel to the different areas that no place else has. It feels like you have gone to another place or time. A place that you might imagine.

Admission prices are so high for the average family. Prices in the park are higher than those outside of the park. There is so much offered. It's hard to choose. If one can get past the expensive admission prices and the high cost of food and souvenirs, once inside, the total experience is wonderful for family members of all ages. Cast members are friendly and helpful whether speaking to a janitor or character host. They have been trained to answer almost any question one might have about attractions, places to eat, lost and found, etc.

This is really awesome. How beautiful and it gives you the magical feeling of being a kid. And dreams do come true from movies and books. Your mind is fill with so many childhood memories.

Exceptional, very well run & organized. Too expensive. Too pricey for tourists, out of country. I heard the prices/admissions/tickets were cheaper for locals!! That is so unfair, to ROB us Canadians like that!! We already spend a fortune on flying there (airfare!) and hotels and food/meals 2-3x /day in the surrounding restaurants. WHY should we pay MORE for admission to the park? Most of us can only afford to come once in a lifetime! Would love to come every year, but can't afford it (On top of airfare/hotel/ meals in restaurants)! More options available would be nice. Like a beach day, or wax museum, Hollywood Blvd, stars tour. Hollywood tour, into the "hills". We bought the "PASS" which was only Disneyland, Universal, and San Diego Zoo I think. Nice to have breakfast at hotel included. Saved money there before heading out for all day long

Transfer from airport to hotel was efficient and safe. Well organized. Picking up our tickets (the 5 day pass) for all of our admissions to different things on our itinerary was very easily done, no problems, on our 1st day to Disneyland. Was so much more than I expected, I felt like I was in la-la land. Loved everything we did. Only disappointing thing was the (VERY LONG) ride to San Diego Zoo (From Anaheim) on a bus, then finding out no dolphins there that day. That's what I was most looking forward to - a dolphin show. Felt like I got "ripped off!" Still paid full price for ticket/admission. No refunds! And a long tiring day. Zoo not so great. Would NOT recommend that "add on" to your itinerary if you are staying in Anaheim.

Always have a great time but way too overpriced and getting worse every year. Very disappointed that gate prices keep going up sometimes twice a year and when staying at DL hotels they can't even afford to give their guest a continental breakfast and that's because they're too cheap and all they care about is the money.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Located in Anaheim, California, Disneyland Resort was Disney’s original amusement park. It opened in 1955 with 18 rides and now has more than 80 attractions, including rides, shows and activities. Disneyland Resort includes the Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney and three hotels.

• Size: Disneyland has a much smaller geographic footprint than Disney World, so guests can easily walk to the Disneyland Park, the California Adventure and Downtown Disney from all three Disney hotels as well as from some of the closer non-Disney hotels. The smaller size also means that guests won’t get tired just walking from one attraction to another.
  • Weather: Regardless of what time of year guests visit, the weather will likely be pleasant in Disneyland. Anaheim’s average temperature is 78 degrees, and the area only gets about 13 inches of rain per year, one-third the national average.
  • Cars Land: A part of the California Adventure, Cars Land transports guests to Radiator Springs, the fictional town in the “Cars” movie franchise. The area includes a Radiator Springs Racers, an attraction where riders race one another through a set created by the Disney Imagineers in convertible cars.
  • SoCal CityPASS: Disney has partnered with LEGOLAND California Resort and SeaWorld Adventure Park to offer special tickets that cover all three attractions. These tickets provide a significant savings on admission prices for all the attractions. Guests have 13 days to use the passes, so they can plan activities at a pace that meets their scheduling needs.
  • Food: Disneyland Resort offers a variety of treats for guests to snack on between thrill rides and live shows. Guests with a sweet tooth may be especially interested in La Brea Bakery Cafe, located in the Downtown Disney area. The bakery receives high praise from visitors, and Dessert Professional Magazine named Disneyland’s executive pastry chef, Jean-Marc Viallet, one of the Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America in 2016.
  • Best for Disneyland caters to families with children of all ages, young adults and couples.

Compare Amusement Parks