3.68/5

58 Disneyland Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

Love Disneyland. I have been going for 20+ years. Kiosks should offer discounts to pass holders, for some reason they don’t. All stores offer discounts to pass holders. Lady working popcorn kiosk took my pass (like she was going to give me a discount) but when I checked the receipt there was no discount. Disney can afford to do this, they just don’t. Parking doesn’t need to keep going up in price, It’s only parking, not staying the night. They need to stock more sizes on shoes in souvenir shops.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Loved it as always; never a disappointment. Wish I could go more often; my last visit was 4 years ago...definitely due. Encourage those who haven't gone to be sure to do so.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Disneyland is my favorite amusement park, but the price of everything is ridiculously high. It's gotten to the point where only wealthy people or people going in debt on credit cards can go especially if you don’t live in Southern California and have to stay in a motel.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I am a 61 year old widow who has purchased Disneyland annual passports for many years for my entire family for Christmas. I have taken the entire family to Disney's Hawaii Aulani resort for a week for vacation. Our family attends Disneyland special events, stays at Disneyland hotels, and buys tons of Disney merchandise at every visit. I even own Disney Stock.

My son's long term girlfriend (whose pass I bought for her) went to the park with her mother. Her mother also has a passport herself and was visiting from Las Vegas where she lives. Upon entering the park, my son's girlfriend went to the restroom while her mother proceeded to go into the park with the plan to meet up once inside. When her mother got to the gate, she opened her phone app which had both annual passports on them. Without double checking, she had the cast member scan the app and then noticed it was opened to her daughter's passport. She brought this to the attention of the cast member and swiped her phone so her own passport could be scanned instead thus trying to fix the mistake. The cast member claimed to have swiped the correct passport and then let her mom in the park.

Once her daughter left the bathroom, she got her actual passport out to be scanned and to go meet up with her mom in the park and that's when she was accused of trying to get her mom into the park on her pass. Even though both her and her mom tried to explain to the cast member confiscating her daughter's passport what had transpired, they were not allowed to try to clear up the misinformation and confusion. They asked for a supervisor. Was told the 20-something cast member was the supervisor. They asked for a phone number to call whoever was "above" the cast member and was told there are no phone numbers of supervisors above her. Seriously!! A company as big as Disneyland has no phone numbers???

So when my son's girlfriend's pass was erroneously confiscated and revoked it burst the "magic" bubble for our entire family. This situation occurred because of the mishap with the Disneyland app that was used on a phone. It was then compounded by the fact that the cast member at the gate scanned the wrong annual passport on the phone app and didn't accurately scan the correct passport. The result was that Disneyland punished the girlfriend by revoking her pass for a mistake that she was not even present for when it happened at the entrance gate.

We as a family assumed that this situation would be made right by Disneyland once the information was allowed to be presented to the correct department but the process turned out to be even worse. All along the way, Disneyland "rigs" the outcome. She (the girlfriend) is young and has no experience with corporate bureaucracies. She needed an advocate to help and that's where I stepped in to assist her. The treatment, demeanor, condescending attitude was a hurtful shock to me being such an avid Disneyland supporter. It turned out at the moment of the event, she had no recourse except to appeal to a passport board. I can't help but wonder if this would have been easily resolved at the time of the incident if his girlfriend was not Hispanic, but I digress.

They continuously changed (all heard by myself while on speaker phone with her) the story about what was required by her to appeal. Again she was told that there were no phone numbers available to talk to supervisors. When she pressed, the story changed and she was told supervisors don't come to the phone to talk to customers. (That must be a standard training line taught to employees.) She was told to send a statement of events by email and that she would be called back with information on where to send the statement. That call never happened.

When she called to follow up on the information about the email address, she was then told they never said that they would call even though there were 3 people listening to the call stating they would call. At the next call she was told she had to mail the statement and again she was told she would be called back the next day with the mailing address of where to send the statement and that return call did not happen. When she called to ask about the mailing address the story changed back to her needing to email the statement.

During the "supposed" board review, she was not allowed to be there, talk to the board, answer questions they may have had for her, explain the events that occurred, or view what they claim to have as evidence of her accused wrongdoing. For that matter, there is no physical proof that we've seen that a board meeting actually occurred or that her statement was provided to them to review. When the representative called to inform her of the board's decision, again me, my son, and his girlfriend were on speaker and part of the discussion.

Initially the Disneyland representative said he was just a messenger to relay the board's decision. He kept making references to "evidence" but when I pushed to know what that "evidence" was, he would not provide any. When I pushed to let her talk to a supervisor, again we were told there were no known phone numbers for supervisors. When I pointed out that there is NO way Disneyland would not have phone numbers for their supervisors, his story changed and he claimed he was the supervisor and there was no one above him which contradicted his opening claim of being a mere messenger for the board.

I continued to push for her right to know what their "evidence" was since she was being accused based on some mysterious evidence. He stated that she tried to get her mom into the park on her pass and that violated the terms of the passport. I pointed out that that there were errors made on both sides, by her mother and by their cast member at the gate. I explained that they were making an assumption of intent without any way of knowing what the intent was because one can never read another's mind. And since they would not show her their "evidence" it was like going to trial without being able to provide a defense to the jury or even being able to go in the courtroom. The representative said he was done explaining things, there was nothing left that we could do, and hung up on us.

Her mom admits to opening the wrong pass on her phone app and she brought it to the cast member's attention. Her mom requested that her own pass be revoked pending the appeal since her mom made the initial mistake. But it was also Disneyland's mistake for not scanning the correct passport after her mom pointed out that the wrong passport had initially been scanned. It was Disneyland's mistake for allowing her mom to enter the park and believe the scanning issue had been resolved when it hadn't. It's Disneyland's app which is needed to use a fast pass for a group that has this flaw in it.

Both sides made a genuine mistake without nefarious intent. But my son's girlfriend, through no fault of her own, is the one being punished and she wasn't even there at the time of the event! What I'm more upset about is how this has hurt our entire family. We all feel betrayed and cheated on. The magic of Disney is tarnished in our hearts. We all are victims and Disneyland further victimized us all.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We approached Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel on your behalf to request the cancellation of your reservation. We are sorry to report that they are unable to make an exception in this case, and will charge the entire cancellation fee. Property’s comment: “As you had agreed over the phone, we had posted a minimal penalty fee of $25 per room + taxes as a 1 time courtesy.”

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disneyland?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I haven't been to Disneyland in over 5 years. I returned and brought my grandson. Although he enjoyed it my experience wasn't the same as before. I was told how greedy the company has become and the advice wasn't wrong. I didn't mind waiting in line for rides, food or to purchase memorabilia but gouging of people just because someone took an idea and made it great is no reason to be greedy. It's not like that DISNEYLAND does make money. They're making money hand over first, but the average American can afford to come to this place. Their greatest show which is Fantasmic is a show that everyone should see but this time I wasn’t aware the you need a extra pass to get a birds eye view. That's not the problem, the problem is that you have a select few in the front which you have a whole lot of paying customers huddled together is a very confined space. This is the last time I will spend any money on the tourist attractions.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I had came to Disneyland on the 5 of April with my grandkids and son. And not knowing that my pass was blacked out for this day. When for two years I have came on Friday and my grandkids didn’t have black out that day - just me. So I went to 3 customers service window to see what I can do and if they can help me. Well all I got from them is, "Yes we can help you. All you need to do is pay $149 dollars. A price of a regular day pass no discount or anything". One worker said they had just stopped it because of star wars was opening. So had traveled 2 hours to get here with my grandkids crying wanting to get in. I would of paid for the ticket but it didn’t even go towards my payment of my pass - just that one day. I feel like they were so unfair and didn’t even care.

Original review: March 30, 2019

My name is Daniel and I took my family to Disneyland and California adventure March 9 and 10th. It was 3 adults and 3 kids for a total amount of 1104.65. Order confirmation number **. The tickets were under my wife's name Marienne **. On March 9th we all got on the Casey Jr circus train ride and it stopped in the middle of the ride for 20 minutes. None of your employees gave us any information. They were just walking around trying to fix the ride. My kids were crying. My youngest one is 2 years old. I have video to show proof. This is unacceptable!

On March 10th we parked at Downtown Disney and made a purchase at the Disney store so they can validate our parking. When I got to the gate the employee stated we owe 56.00 and we were advised the Disney store employee made a full validation. I asked to speak with a supervisor Brian. He was very rude, unprofessional and condescending. He instructed me to go back to the Disney store to get the parking ticket correct. This was around 10pm. He made all cars behind me move so I can go back. I went ahead and paid the 56.00 because I was not going back to the store. Brian could of handled the situation with more customer service friendly, empathetic to the situation. Brian did a poor job of representing Disneyland integrity.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Would never return. The whole park is a stroller nightmare. People... if your kids are not old enough to walk keep them at home. What the hell is your thought process!!! Disney... ever heard of attendance limits??? You should be totally ashamed of your greedy little selves. Not enjoyable at all! If you are reading this, I would strongly suggest you spend your hard earned money on something (anything) else.

Oh, they have a Disneyland app from which you can book FastPasses, but the park is full of wifi dead spots, so you spend all your time walking around trying to find reception. Nice job Disney! It's a waste of time, and yes money because you have to pay for this disservice. I tried to think of some positives, perhaps even just one, but there aren't any that come to mind. I guess one might be, now I know not to vacation at Disney resorts.

Original review: March 9, 2019

We are avid Disney World and Disneyland patrons. I have been going to Disney World since 1971 and Disneyland since 1915. We love both parks. My complaint is with the Disneyland Frozen Dining Package. We paid $250 with tip to get front row seating for the show. After 30 minutes they had maintenance issues and stopped the show. The couple sitting next to us said this was the third day in a row the show had stopped early due to maintenance issues. That is totally unacceptable. You do not get a refund or a do over when this happens. $250 is a lot to pay for nothing. Disneyland needs to stop fixing the maintenance with band aids and put on the quality performance they are noted for.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We actually booked a room package at the hotel, which came with three single-park day passes. Three of the park's main attractions were closed "indefinitely" and the "fast pass" was just a way to move the sheep (people) around the park. It took twenty minutes to get a Churro (a churro!). They have scientifically balanced the amount of mediocrity-per-dollar in order to maximize cash extraction per person. And if you think I am joking, go there and see for yourself. You will wait six hours in one line or another, sit for an hour, and spend about 15 minutes enjoying any attractions.

This company is NOT what Mr. Disney envisioned, yet they milk his image and those of his creation for all that they are worth, cramming as many human beings as possible into a one square mile area. And, as long as the idiots keep coming to spend their money in pursuit of the lie, they will keep on selling tickets. They do not care about you. This is not happiness, folks. It is Disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Feb 2019. Our family visited from the UK as our young daughter (4) is obsessed with Disney films, especially Princess characters. Overall, we have been very disappointed with the parks. Several of the staff were very bossy, and even rude - barking their orders at us - it is off season so relatively quiet. Not nice. I really expected to be drawn into the magical world of Disney (even as an adult), but far from that. All the rides and experiences seemed a bit tired and ‘old hat’! We felt we’d seen it all before. Wish we had found somewhere more interesting to go - where our custom and money would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I would like to start out by saying that we love Disneyland. We have been to Disneyland and Disney World a combined total of 7 times in the last 12 years. This last experience of going to Disneyland left me feeling as though I made a mistake spending my vacation there. The trip started out great with a cast member in a store discovering it was my son's birthday (4th) and letting him get a phone call from Goofy. Super special and the kind of experience we are used to getting at Disney.

After that things went downhill fast with only moments that reminded me of the Disneyland before. I am not sure what I hope to accomplish by writing as I was apologized to (although all the apologies I received seemed manufactured and insincere at best since they were followed by little action). I am also not one to complain and usually attempt to see if I have done something wrong. But after dropping 3000 dollars in your park I feel that the experience should be better than what we received. I will only outline the few that truly stick out in my head but please know that the overall treatment of people (not just me but others I did not even know, by your cast members, was very poor at times and less than tasteful at others).

Splash mountain - one of our favorites - we were told by cast members at the entrance that if we wanted to child swap we should take our boy with us and we will be asked to stand off to the side once at the ride and swap out when the party that has gone comes back. Once we had stood in line for the ride 20 min even with a fast pass and we had finally gotten to the front we told the lady that we would like to child swap and she said, "You will have to leave and then go through the line again."

I began to explain what the gentleman had told us at the front, while standing there with my child, she cut me off mid sentence said, "NO No No he told you wrong. You need to leave and go back through the line." Then yelled out, "NEXT," waving people through. I was so shocked as was my wife that we OBEYED her commands and did as we were told. When we got to the front of the fast pass line again for our child swap run the gentleman who had told us we could child swap inside asked us to scan our fast pass, we did not have one anymore as he did not give us one for the child swap. With much hesitation he finally let us through acting as though we were skipping in line or something.

Next was California adventure - I feel like it needs to be more clearly outlined that "Magic Morning" is not the same as Magic Hour, when purchasing tickets. I along with a great many others were quite disappointed to find out that this was not what we had purchased. I am cool with the whole exclusivity and I am willing to pay for it in the future it just would have relieved a lot of stress to have that more clearly outlined instead of buried in the paragraphs of fine print.

I feel like the people working the ticket stand are the tone setters for the day. They can ensure that people start off on the right foot even if there is disappointment involved. Simply saying "sorry" in an insincere manner while looking over you to the next person in line does not cut it. It makes you feel like cattle being herded in, like a number. I was told by a staff that because we could not enter early into California adventure as it was magic hour instead of magic morning that the park would be opening to the general public at 9:00. Disappointed but trying to make the best of everything the family left me at the front of a line so that they could shop to return at 8:40am to get ready to enter (keep in mind I have a 4 year old who is very patient and willing to stand around for hours as it turned out we needed to do this trip).

All of a sudden the doors swung open at 8:30. I could have gone in but I had the tickets. I messaged my wife to tell her the doors were opening (no one had told us there was a pre-opening). The lady working the ticket booth asked me to step off to the side. I did as I was ORDERED to do again just to start getting ordered by another cast member that I could not stand there (no one was telling me where to stand just that I could not stand where I was) while people were flooding through the gates. The old man continued to yell at me (yes yell) and became increasingly louder and angry when I did not move as people flooded by me. I froze became panicked and did not know what to do. I looked at a cast member (looked like a supervisor) who was observing what was happening and he walked over and allowed me to stand where I was until my family arrived and let us in.

Later that day I was waiting with my son outside the guardians ride, using the new child swap system where you have to go back through the fast pass line, When I went to redeem my fast pass to go on the ride with my wife while my eldest child watched my youngest, the people working the fast pass who had issued me the pass told me it was not valid. I re-scanned it and the gentleman said, "It is not valid for another ten minutes." I had never had a time schedule for a child swap before and I was confused. I asked if we could just go as he had just issued the swap. He looked at the lady who was standing there and she said emphatically "NO" you'll have to wait. Once again we were told to move to the side and come back when out time is up. I was so upset that I had waited 30 minutes to be told I would have to wait to simply stand in line and wait another 20-30 min that I left.

The last one I want to write about is when we went to take the Disneyland train. We were exhausted and wanting a ride to the other side of the park. After standing in line to catch the train we got to the front where a conductor told us we could not bring our Disneyland stroller on board (something to fix by the way). We asked if we could put it in the wheelchair accessible area of the train until the next stop. He said, "no, it's full right now." As the train drove away I looked to see the wheelchair area completely empty. I may not know all of your policies but I am not an idiot and that is how I was treated by this man. I would have simply agreed and understood if he stated that it was reserved only for wheelchair people but lying to us is disrespectful.

We started coming to Disneyland for so many reasons. I will tell you that what kept us coming was the customer service. The way the attendants smiled at you when you were entering the rides and did not yell at you when you were not aware of how to navigate a line or how to get into a ride. I even have an incredible memory of a cast member rushing to my "emotional aid", when I had accidentally knocked over a crystal figurine, to see if I was okay and to let me know that everything was going to be fine. This is what Disneyland used to be.

This time I can count on my two hands the times that were good/great and the majority of the time I was getting yelled at, waved through like I was a number, hummed and hawed at when taking to much time to do something (get my phone out to use the app or to dig the money out to pay for something). Or getting talked over, down to or ordered around.

This is NOT the Disneyland I use to know and fell in love with. To me, what has always set Disneyland apart is the incredible customer service, the attention to every detail, the ability for your cast members to make all guests feel at home and to correct the issues when they arise. To accommodate people, especially when their staff have miss-communicated or misdirected someone and so on.

I want to say that if it were an isolated experience I would not even be writing you. I have had those in the past but they were just that, isolated and were corrected for immediately by your managers. (I have only had two experiences in all 6 other trips that have warranted any attention). This trip there were too many to talk to managers about as I would have spent all my time talking to a manager instead of going on rides. We did go to Universal as well and I do not mean to be mean with this comment but I will say that the staff at Universal treated us much better (something I am not proud to say as it has usually been the reverse and why we only spend one day there).

Like I already stated, I do not know what I hope to accomplish by writing about all this. I was apologized to (sometimes by cast) but none of them meant anything as I was often not even looked at when they were apologizing to me. I know this because it will make me hesitant to come again even though I love Disneyland, dreamt of coming when I was a child and love coming so much that I would gladly forfeit going to Europe, Mexico or anywhere else to spend my hard earned dollars so my family and I can go again. Sincerely and respectfully, A loyal Disneyland/Disney World fan and concerned customer.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

This was our first experience with a Disney park after the kids had been begging to go, and it was not a positive one. We are not likely to return. When the rides did work, it was great. However, besides the insane crowds during the week in the off-season and wait-time for rides, even when effectively utilizing the Fast Pass (Cars ride was still 50 minutes with Fast Pass), rides were constantly breaking down after we had waited in line for 30+ minutes. During our second day in California Adventure, the majority of the rides for older riders were broken down.

There was not a ride we did not attempt to go on that we weren't line-jumped by multiple individuals so they could link up with the rest of their groups. We even stood up to some individuals on this as we were sick of it and refused to let them pass after four other individuals from their group had pushed past us. If they all wanted to go on the same ride together, they should have waited until their entire group arrived at the entrance to the ride. When their group ahead of them got to the ride, they were still allowed to join their group. We complained to the attendant about it, and she pointed us towards Customer Relations who said that it wasn't allowed.

The main issue we had with the entire trip was the number of "handicapped" people who got to go straight to the front of the line. It's understandable that SEVERELY handicapped people, especially children, get priority since they usually cannot wait in line for the extended amount of time required. We saw some children with a valid disability, such as cancer or Down Syndrome, in wheelchairs and other children with oxygen tubes that obviously had severe handicaps. However, anyone in a wheelchair/scooter and their entire party got to go straight to the front. This is ridiculous; they could have waited in line like the rest of us. I'm sorry that extremely overweight people have bad knees and need scooters. That's no reason for them to get priority over those of us who paid the same amount of money just because they made bad life choices.

They could sit in line in their scooters while the rest of us stood in line right there with them. The real problem we had was that on more than one occasion, there was one "handicapped" individual in a wheelchair with 10-14 other people in their group with them who weren't handicapped who all went straight to the front of the line. For example, in Mickey's Toon town on Gadget's Go Coaster, a 20 minute wait turned into a 55 minute wait because the large parties with only one "handicapped" individual kept coming and getting to fill up the coaster first while my young children waited patiently but kept asking why other people got to go first. On another occasion in Tomorrowland, we watched a dad in a scooter get his entire family to the front of the line only for his kids to ride the ride without him!

These were just a couple of examples, and we watched this happen multiple times on multiple rides over four days! Very few of these individuals were truly disabled but were taking advantage of the system and people's good nature to get ahead due to a combination of selfishness and laziness; we even heard groups bragging about how they were getting over! Individuals should be made to provide proof of disability to gain access to the handicapped entrance to rides and to rent a wheelchair or scooter because a truly disabled person has their own.

Also only disabilities which preclude individuals from waiting in line for a prolonged period of time should be allowed, not overweight adults, etc. My kids almost got ran over multiple times by a scooter and even got swiped once. We witnessed a guy going as fast as his scooter would allow while pushing a stroller right beside him, like a bulldozer making people jump to the sides to not get hit. Unfortunately, we could not feel the "magic" because we could not help but be sickened by the lack of integrity and human decency for made-up disabilities.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have to start saying that we were Disney lovers and we enjoyed every minute at the theme parks for the last 2 years until now. Last Friday October 26th, 2018 Disney was having the Not So Scary Halloween Party. We decided to eat something before exiting the park which took us extra few minutes. On our way to the exit, we wanted to check out our pictures which was a huge mistake I have to say.

One of the cast member "AMANDA" from "STANHOPE NJ" made us feel like we were criminals and fugitives. That was horrible, my kids were almost crying, wondering why that woman was chasing us. It's terrible the way she made us feel, I had NO intention to remain in the park, I have the money to pay if I would have wanted to stay. She didn't have any right to made us feel like that. Now, we don't want anything to do with Disney. I was thinking to renew our annual pass but not anymore. My kids don't want to go back to Disney ANYMORE. Employees like AMANDA from MAGIC KINGDOM shouldn't work at Disney. I think the purpose of Disney is to make kids laugh not to CRY.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We just went to Disneyland and California Adventure and bought the tickets online on the Disney Website. When we went to the park my husbands and my tickets were okay but the tickets for my kids were "not valid". So then we wasted more time by standing in the guest services line up to get the problem fixed. The attendant who helped us at guest services didn’t really apologize or care that this happened. We had purchased a 1-day park hopper so our time was really limited. After that was sorted out 1 hour later we came to find out that the fast pass wasn’t even working. This was my 6 and 4 year olds first visit to Disneyland and unfortunately they did not get to experience the amazing Disneyland experience my husband and I had when we were younger. Very Disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Every other year or so, my family takes a trip to Disneyland. This tradition started more than 40 years ago when I was a kid and I have tried to keep up the trend for my children and now grandchildren. The crowds have always been a "gimmee" for Disneyland, but it seems the problem just gets worse and worse every trip. I don't have a problem with crowds, but this trip was ridiculous. I thought maybe that it was me. I joke that I just have continued to choose the wrong times for a Disney vacation, but even January, February and October are miserable anymore.

We try to go on Monday-Thursday as well but there always seems to be some event or something, We choose park hoppers and one park-per day but it doesn't make a difference. I am not sure why it has changed so much in the past 10 years or so. It is so crowded, it is difficult to get from one land to another and this is true for both parks, Disneyland and California Adventure. My granddaughter even commented "we need a fast pass for the bathroom", as we waited in long bathroom line after long bathroom line. Food lines are long, checkout lines to purchase trinkets are long and lines to have photo ops with or without characters are long. It seems there is no non-busy time for Disneyland anymore.

We tried the new Disney Max Pass this trip and this was not a time saver. Toward the middle of the day, the fast passes were stopped or your time to get on the ride was 8 hours away. I wonder if it is time for Disney to consider eliminating the annual passes again. I don't think they would suffer a loss of revenue if they could curtail some of the crowds for customer satisfaction. I love Disneyland, but this will probably be our last trip for quite a while. I don't see any value in purchasing the Disney Vacation club either just to fight the crowds when you want to stay there. I am exhausted. The magic is lost when it is so overwhelming.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I am from Oregon and yesterday was my 4th visit to Disneyland over many years. I wanted to visit one last time as I am getting older and I have profound good memories of past visits. My visit yesterday was a nightmare! There should be a point at which Disneyland stops selling tickets as the crowded streets and lines made the day a very bad experience. Many rides were "down" and the rides up and running had consistent one hour wait times. I paid $234 for my husband and I, we were able to go on THREE rides.

What a rip off Disneyland has become, never again! We wanted to get a drink after several hours of stress and complete disappoinment, it cost $30 for two beers, that's insane. Wanted ice cream, 45 min wait to get ice cream... needless to say we did not get ice cream. So very sad profit is more important than experience. As word gets out about this rip off I hope people protest by not patronizing Disneyland. Unfortunately my lovely old memories of "the happiest place on earth" is now marred by the current reality of the Disneyland experience yesterday.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Before we get started with this review let me just say Californians are spoiled little brats. We first started our day by waiting in line for the Monsters Inc. ride for 30 min before being told that the ride was shutting down due to inconvenience which wasted our time right off the bat. Then we go to ride the Ferris wheel which we waited 20 min and come to realize we don't even get one full rotation without stopping.

After that we decided that we wanted to upgrade our park tickets which we successfully did however we were told that the park closes at nine only come to realize that the park closed at 8 ruining our last hour of plans. Then once we finally got to the actual Disney from California adventures we try to get off the Indiana Jones ride only to realize that it was shutdown not to come back on for the rest of the day. We had also bought the fast passes and we tried to get splash mountain which the fast pass was specifically supposed to be for at that specific time was also shutdown. We were not able to come back to that ride due to being told the park closed an hour later than it actually did.

To cap off the night I wanted a little Groot toy from the Guardians of the Galaxy store which close 40 minutes early because they felt like it. On top of everything our service was some of the worst I've ever had with each employee giving us a ride attitude. If you read this I hope this will help you decide whether Disney is right for the family or not.

Original review: July 30, 2018

From the start, the visit was marred with malfunctioning systems and unhelpful staff. Our first set of fast passes were acquired at 8:25. We shortly realized they were printed as “invalid”. We were then instructed to return to the main entrance to have our entrance passes validated (huh?). After that, every entrance with a fast pass to a ride was marred with failures in the system, confusion and occasional suspicious treatment from the staff. To their credit, most of the staff would “fix” the system and let us in. Doug on Radiator Springs was particularly helpful.

However, any initial goodwill was completely overridden later in the day when I tried to enter Incredicoaster with a valid fast pass that I had obtained 2 hours earlier. Because it wasn’t matched with my main pass (I was holding my wife’s and she was on the other side of the park with my son - I had no idea it was my wife’s pass before this point - or that it even made a difference). I was refused entrance. When I explained the situation I was told there was nothing they could do (by a very unhelpful Vanessa) and was accused of finding my pass on the floor by ‘Michael’ who proceeded to treat me like a liar and a fraudster.

Eventually, he took me to a park service agent who eventually found my purchase in the system and transferred the fast pass between the cards. Why they had to waste my time in the blazing sun for half an hour and call me a liar is beyond me. The mistake was mine (in this one instance), but the suspicious treatment from the staff was entirely uncalled for. They could have validated my story from the beginning. I’m not that desperate or petty to try to bluff my way into a ** theme park ride. I spent over $1400 to bring 2 families to Disneyland. I expect better than being treated like a common criminal. Very disappointed with the lack of professionalism from a company that I used to admire. I won’t be back.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I come through this to demonstrate my frustration about the service you delivered. A few months ago I bought two tickets to the parks (Park Hopper). I received the e-tickets by e-mail and was happy and excited about my trip. I made all the plans and expenses for my dream vacation. Arriving on the day that I was scheduled to go to the park, when it was time to pass my ticket at the entrance, we were informed that our tickets were returned. I was surprised and nervous at the time. We went to the customer service and they informed us the same thing. So I had to contact my bank and research all the transactions from three months ago (the period I bought the tickets). We found the problem, but only by the bank. You, Disneyland, did not tell us about it. In the end I had to pay an amount of $334 (three hundred and thirty-four dollars) that was not in my plans. But I would not miss the six-hour trip I had to make to Anaheim (I live in Palo Alto).

Unfortunately I could not fully experience the magic of the place, because I was anxious about the expenses. I had not planned on spending all this money in one day. I would like some feedback from you on this. Why didn’t you send me an e-mail informing me that my e-tickets would not be valid? So I could have planned better. The only information I got from you was that my e-tickets were ready. I am a bit disappointed with the service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

In the past, I have always loved going to Disneyland and enjoying their theme parks. My family and I have loved going to the California adventure and the classic Disneyland parks since they were young. The last time that I had visited the park was back in 2005. My kids might have gone since then but I did not because I got busy with life. We went again as a family in May of 2018. It was memorial day weekend but I was willing to work through the crowds and the heat because my kids had really difficult schedules and that was the only week we could go as a family. The park was crowded, especially the mega-popular rides like Splash Mountain. I got the fast pass for Splash Mountain and we had to return back there at around 2:30pm. It was around 11am so we decided to try to find some lunch.

We tried downtown Disney but all those places were crowded so we drove out of the park and went to a nearby restaurant. We struggled to get back in time. But we were around 30 mins late for the fast pass time zone. So, we struggled to walk all the from the parking lot to the ride. Then, Jennifer would not let us into the ride in the fast pass lane because we were late. I tried to talk to her telling her that we were running late from lunch and struggled to get to the ride through the crowds. But she did not care. She wasn't going to let us in. I got mad so I told her that I wanted to talk to her supervisor. I stood in front of her until her supervisor came. Then Mat (only one T in Mat) from Encino Hills came to us. He was the supervisor. We talked. He said that it is a "policy" that patrons who are late within 15 mins are allowed in the fast pass.

I asked where is that policy written. He said that it is unwritten policy. Then I asked if it isn't written then why can't our 30 min tardiness be considered okay since it is not a written policy but a spoken policy. He was stubborn as well and did not let us in either. He told me that I can go to City Hall and complain. I got more mad -- he wants me to spend more of my precious time to struggle to get to their customer service office and talk to yet another person there, all in the hot afternoon in a crowded Disneyland park.

Let me tell you something Mat and Jennifer -- You made Disneyland a very "UNHAPPINESS PLACE IN THE WORLD" for us. You guys need to remember who is paying for all of Disney funds. All the money coming to the theme parks is from people like us. We were not trying to cheat the system. We did not fabricate tickets to get in. We tried to work with the system. We were a small group -- a family of five. Disney needs to re-learn from Walt Disney that the visitors and patrons should be treated well and with some flexibility when the park is very crowded and hot. Disney - please learn.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The very first day of 7 days started our nightmare when my sons were very little. I want to make sure this never happens to anyone else. We had saved and saved for this trip and my kids then were so excited about going. We stayed at a resort hotel and had bought tickets for Disney 3 days, SeaWorld, Cypress Gardens and Epcot. The light show had just started and a severe storm came up with sharp lighting that looked like it was hitting the ground. Everyone was running for cover and the ones who found it first were shoved out in the storm. The lights had gone out and the employee we tried to, to find the Trans Am was too busy talking to a girl.

He gave us directions to the boat instead, I asked someone inline what line this was for and they said the boat and was kind enough to tell us where to go to get on the Trans Am while lighting and pouring rain. We finally found it and it was a huge line, we were moving in line in a snail pace with still lightning and rain when someone drop the rope to keep the lines straight. When they did they pushed us in others lines. Needless to say they were so mad and was yelling to stomp us, run over top of us (my youngest 2 year old was standing in front of me, my 6 years old beside me and my disable husband who had a hard time walking because of his balance).

My 2 year old was pushed so hard against a man that he couldn't breathe and with all my might and strength I had to pull him up and his face hit the man's butt and something scratched his whole side of his face. He and my 6 year old were crying, then the stress was too much for my husband he was crying. This woman and her group weren't satisfied so she and her husband said to shove us harder and knock us down and stomp us. I lost it and told them we were pushed in this line and I didn't care who went around me but if they hurt my family again it was going to be the last time one of them hurt a child. My children were so scared and I was hurting so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack. We finally got on the Trans Am and the other people on it was trying to help me because of how bad I hurt.

When we got off to go to our car people were trying to find an employee that could help me but couldn't find one anywhere. I don't know how but I made it to our car and drove to the hotel. I was hurting so bad but I knew my husband couldn't handle the kids by himself so I knew I couldn't go to the hospital. I knew I needed to see a doctor but I didn't know what to do and being from NC and we had never travel like that so we left that morning and I had to go all the way back home so I could see a doctor. I had pulled all the muscles in my back, both arms and chest to the point of almost ripping them when I had to pull my son up so he could breathe.

Luckily his scratches wasn't deep enough for stitches but he was in a lot of pain for a long time. I wrote Disney several letters and even looked up who the top person was and address the letter to him personally without him ever responding back. For a long time my kids had to sleep with me because they were so scared. They didn't want to watch Disney programs for a while because it made them scared. No one tried to help us at Disney, all the employees were hiding except for the one talking to a girl and he told us to go to the wrong place.

Strangers in the Trans Am tried to help hold my kids because I was in so much pain, but they were scared so bad one was in my lap and the other one was clinging to me and wouldn't let go. They were so upset what happened they said they were going to write a complaint. They also walked around in the rain to see if someone could help us, but couldn't find anyone. I told them I appreciated what they tried to do but I didn't want them to keep standing in the rain. We lost all the money we saved up for because of my injury, plus we have never gone through this hell on any other vacation. Thank God. This happened a long time ago but people please learn from this. I had a house fire a few years ago so I have no receipts, pictures or etc.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Disney is so over priced and in dire need of employees to direct traffic at closing. Especially if someone pays for preferred parking like I did and had to wait an extra hour and 30 minutes just to get out of the parking garage. There was plenty of employees directing traffic when my group and I arrived yet there was none to be found at closing when needed most.

Original review: March 22, 2018

After spending $125 for Disneyland & $20 to park I wrote a letter to their customer service department. I did not get a response. I was asking for a return ticket or a refund. On the TV it shows beautiful fireworks. They also talk to you about the fast pass. If you get a fast pass you don't have to wait in line for 2 hours, you go right to your ride at the time on the ticket. I was there for 12 hours and only went on 5 rides! The reason is at 2 o'clock they stopped the fast pass. They said they were too busy. Then I asked about fireworks. What I was looking forward to as much as the rides where a good spot is. They showed me. I stood there for almost 2 hours then at 9:30 they said, “Sorry we're not having fireworks because of the wind?” There was not an ounce of wind. No leaf was swaying. I think they simply either ran out of fireworks that day or just to save $. It was such a waste of money. I have a feeling Walt Disney would hate the way it's become.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Grand California Hotel was overpriced. Rooms were barely adequate, nothing special. You are just paying for proximity. They overcharge for food, parking, bell hops, etc. These are all additional costs. Stay away from the California Adventure Park. Most of the rides are closed or broken. Disney does not care or offer refunds. Maybe it will be an acceptable park by July 2018, but I wouldn't go before that. So many better parks out there for much less. If I went to any other place and their main attractions were broken, I would get a refund, but not Disney.

Original review: March 5, 2018

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel during the week of the very last GE light parade in 1996 or 97. (I’d only been there once in 1970, and it was delightful! Also, 20 years ago, the Disney characters roamed freely, which was very nice.) Our suite overlooked the pool, and there was a DJ there. My spouse and 3 kids (7 to 17) were having fun singing kids songs on the balcony and people at the pool were laughing and clapping, calling up requests. It was fun! (I was recovering from chemotherapy.) We immediately got a call from security to get my kids back in the room. Thereafter, a security detail followed us for the remainder of our time.

Before leaving for the park on the tram for the light parade that night, the 5 of us crammed into a photo booth at the hotel and chose the “frame” of Donald Duck in jail that said, “Wanted!”, which became our family Christmas card. I’d been an insurance attorney and read Disney cases filed by employees. I was appalled by how they treated employees, especially people in the character costumes. 20 years later, my guess is their employees aren’t paid enough for the jobs and aren’t happy, especially in those hot costumes, and in all positions, they’re probably, like every other place, understaffed. This wouldn’t bode well for “the happiest place on earth.” (Please note this disclaimer: THIS IS STRICTLY MY OPINION from my experience and reading the extreme dissatisfaction with the Park now.)

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

A well anticipated first time family trip to Disneyland for my husband and grandchildren turned into 3 days of "This is it?" At least 3 big rides such as Indiana Jones were shut down daily. The roller coaster California Screamin was closed, as well as some of the other rides on the pier until Summer 2018... say what?? Would be nice if they let you know this. Most of the staff were rude or looked miserable. The rides were in need of TLC and finding a character for the kids to be "in awe of" was next to impossible. We did not get the "Disneyland... happiest place on earth" feel at all. Sadly... the magic that I've experienced from past visits... is no more :(. Took the kids to LegoLand and Knott's Berry Farm... awesome!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Disneyland had never failed to dissatisfy me for the past 20 years I’ve been going, but today has been the worst experience I’ve ever received. It’s Valentine’s Day, I was with my husband and 4 month old son who was sleeping in his stroller, my husband decided to use the restroom, we just bought a pizza so I was holding the pizza box while holding the stroller and a bottled glass soda, my hands are completely full and as I was trying to put the stuff away by ACCIDENT I drop the glass soda so it spills and as it is I’m awfully embarrassed that everyone around me looked and stared, then to add things worse this extremely rude employee who was not far at all from me yells “DON’T TOUCH IT” with the most rude angry yelling tone.

And by then everyone heard and was just staring, this man even managed to wake up my 4 month old with his yelling which was very upsetting and a few cast members behind him came to pick it up as well and didn’t even bother to correct his behavior, I then proceed to leave hoping to God my husband didn’t see but he said he heard the yelling from the bathroom. I was extremely embarrassed and ashamed in how rude this employee was and I hope that someone at least someone else corrected his behavior. Needless to say I will not be going to Disneyland anymore.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I am very unhappy with Disneyland right now. I bought my daughter and granddaughter 2 day tickets to Disneyland for her birthday coming up 1/13. I bought them last month. Now, I am told they (so CA residents) can get them for $50 less! I am very upset! Also, I learned yesterday of the construction at the park and the roller coaster being taken down. I am sure this is one reason for the discount. Can I get a refund and repurchase at the lower rate? This is not a good thing! Update: called Disneyland tickets and they politely told me I am screwed and enjoy the park!

Disneyland expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Located in Anaheim, California, Disneyland Resort was Disney’s original amusement park. It opened in 1955 with 18 rides and now has more than 80 attractions, including rides, shows and activities. Disneyland Resort includes the Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney and three hotels.

• Size: Disneyland has a much smaller geographic footprint than Disney World, so guests can easily walk to the Disneyland Park, the California Adventure and Downtown Disney from all three Disney hotels as well as from some of the closer non-Disney hotels. The smaller size also means that guests won’t get tired just walking from one attraction to another.

• Weather: Regardless of what time of year guests visit, the weather will likely be pleasant in Disneyland. Anaheim’s average temperature is 78 degrees, and the area only gets about 13 inches of rain per year, one-third the national average.

• Cars Land: A part of the California Adventure, Cars Land transports guests to Radiator Springs, the fictional town in the “Cars” movie franchise. The area includes a Radiator Springs Racers, an attraction where riders race one another through a set created by the Disney Imagineers in convertible cars.

• SoCal CityPASS: Disney has partnered with LEGOLAND California Resort and SeaWorld Adventure Park to offer special tickets that cover all three attractions. These tickets provide a significant savings on admission prices for all the attractions. Guests have 13 days to use the passes, so they can plan activities at a pace that meets their scheduling needs.

• Food: Disneyland Resort offers a variety of treats for guests to snack on between thrill rides and live shows. Guests with a sweet tooth may be especially interested in La Brea Bakery Cafe, located in the Downtown Disney area. The bakery receives high praise from visitors, and Dessert Professional Magazine named Disneyland’s executive pastry chef, Jean-Marc Viallet, one of the Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America in 2016.

• Best for: Disneyland caters to families with children of all ages, young adults and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs