2.46/5
Based on 37 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

37 Disneyland Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

In the past, I have always loved going to Disneyland and enjoying their theme parks. My family and I have loved going to the California adventure and the classic Disneyland parks since they were young. The last time that I had visited the park was back in 2005. My kids might have gone since then but I did not because I got busy with life. We went again as a family in May of 2018. It was memorial day weekend but I was willing to work through the crowds and the heat because my kids had really difficult schedules and that was the only week we could go as a family. The park was crowded, especially the mega-popular rides like Splash Mountain. I got the fast pass for Splash Mountain and we had to return back there at around 2:30pm. It was around 11am so we decided to try to find some lunch.

We tried downtown Disney but all those places were crowded so we drove out of the park and went to a nearby restaurant. We struggled to get back in time. But we were around 30 mins late for the fast pass time zone. So, we struggled to walk all the from the parking lot to the ride. Then, Jennifer would not let us into the ride in the fast pass lane because we were late. I tried to talk to her telling her that we were running late from lunch and struggled to get to the ride through the crowds. But she did not care. She wasn't going to let us in. I got mad so I told her that I wanted to talk to her supervisor. I stood in front of her until her supervisor came. Then Mat (only one T in Mat) from Encino Hills came to us. He was the supervisor. We talked. He said that it is a "policy" that patrons who are late within 15 mins are allowed in the fast pass.

I asked where is that policy written. He said that it is unwritten policy. Then I asked if it isn't written then why can't our 30 min tardiness be considered okay since it is not a written policy but a spoken policy. He was stubborn as well and did not let us in either. He told me that I can go to City Hall and complain. I got more mad -- he wants me to spend more of my precious time to struggle to get to their customer service office and talk to yet another person there, all in the hot afternoon in a crowded Disneyland park.

Let me tell you something Mat and Jennifer -- You made Disneyland a very "UNHAPPINESS PLACE IN THE WORLD" for us. You guys need to remember who is paying for all of Disney funds. All the money coming to the theme parks is from people like us. We were not trying to cheat the system. We did not fabricate tickets to get in. We tried to work with the system. We were a small group -- a family of five. Disney needs to re-learn from Walt Disney that the visitors and patrons should be treated well and with some flexibility when the park is very crowded and hot. Disney - please learn.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The very first day of 7 days started our nightmare when my sons were very little. I want to make sure this never happens to anyone else. We had saved and saved for this trip and my kids then were so excited about going. We stayed at a resort hotel and had bought tickets for Disney 3 days, SeaWorld, Cypress Gardens and Epcot. The light show had just started and a severe storm came up with sharp lighting that looked like it was hitting the ground. Everyone was running for cover and the ones who found it first were shoved out in the storm. The lights had gone out and the employee we tried to, to find the Trans Am was too busy talking to a girl.

He gave us directions to the boat instead, I asked someone inline what line this was for and they said the boat and was kind enough to tell us where to go to get on the Trans Am while lighting and pouring rain. We finally found it and it was a huge line, we were moving in line in a snail pace with still lightning and rain when someone drop the rope to keep the lines straight. When they did they pushed us in others lines. Needless to say they were so mad and was yelling to stomp us, run over top of us (my youngest 2 year old was standing in front of me, my 6 years old beside me and my disable husband who had a hard time walking because of his balance).

My 2 year old was pushed so hard against a man that he couldn't breathe and with all my might and strength I had to pull him up and his face hit the man's butt and something scratched his whole side of his face. He and my 6 year old were crying, then the stress was too much for my husband he was crying. This woman and her group weren't satisfied so she and her husband said to shove us harder and knock us down and stomp us. I lost it and told them we were pushed in this line and I didn't care who went around me but if they hurt my family again it was going to be the last time one of them hurt a child. My children were so scared and I was hurting so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack. We finally got on the Trans Am and the other people on it was trying to help me because of how bad I hurt.

When we got off to go to our car people were trying to find an employee that could help me but couldn't find one anywhere. I don't know how but I made it to our car and drove to the hotel. I was hurting so bad but I knew my husband couldn't handle the kids by himself so I knew I couldn't go to the hospital. I knew I needed to see a doctor but I didn't know what to do and being from NC and we had never travel like that so we left that morning and I had to go all the way back home so I could see a doctor. I had pulled all the muscles in my back, both arms and chest to the point of almost ripping them when I had to pull my son up so he could breathe.

Luckily his scratches wasn't deep enough for stitches but he was in a lot of pain for a long time. I wrote Disney several letters and even looked up who the top person was and address the letter to him personally without him ever responding back. For a long time my kids had to sleep with me because they were so scared. They didn't want to watch Disney programs for a while because it made them scared. No one tried to help us at Disney, all the employees were hiding except for the one talking to a girl and he told us to go to the wrong place.

Strangers in the Trans Am tried to help hold my kids because I was in so much pain, but they were scared so bad one was in my lap and the other one was clinging to me and wouldn't let go. They were so upset what happened they said they were going to write a complaint. They also walked around in the rain to see if someone could help us, but couldn't find anyone. I told them I appreciated what they tried to do but I didn't want them to keep standing in the rain. We lost all the money we saved up for because of my injury, plus we have never gone through this hell on any other vacation. Thank God. This happened a long time ago but people please learn from this. I had a house fire a few years ago so I have no receipts, pictures or etc.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Disney is so over priced and in dire need of employees to direct traffic at closing. Especially if someone pays for preferred parking like I did and had to wait an extra hour and 30 minutes just to get out of the parking garage. There was plenty of employees directing traffic when my group and I arrived yet there was none to be found at closing when needed most.

Original review: March 22, 2018

After spending $125 for Disneyland & $20 to park I wrote a letter to their customer service department. I did not get a response. I was asking for a return ticket or a refund. On the TV it shows beautiful fireworks. They also talk to you about the fast pass. If you get a fast pass you don't have to wait in line for 2 hours, you go right to your ride at the time on the ticket. I was there for 12 hours and only went on 5 rides! The reason is at 2 o'clock they stopped the fast pass. They said they were too busy. Then I asked about fireworks. What I was looking forward to as much as the rides where a good spot is. They showed me. I stood there for almost 2 hours then at 9:30 they said, “Sorry we're not having fireworks because of the wind?” There was not an ounce of wind. No leaf was swaying. I think they simply either ran out of fireworks that day or just to save $. It was such a waste of money. I have a feeling Walt Disney would hate the way it's become.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Grand California Hotel was overpriced. Rooms were barely adequate, nothing special. You are just paying for proximity. They overcharge for food, parking, bell hops, etc. These are all additional costs. Stay away from the California Adventure Park. Most of the rides are closed or broken. Disney does not care or offer refunds. Maybe it will be an acceptable park by July 2018, but I wouldn't go before that. So many better parks out there for much less. If I went to any other place and their main attractions were broken, I would get a refund, but not Disney.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disneyland?

Original review: March 5, 2018

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel during the week of the very last GE light parade in 1996 or 97. (I’d only been there once in 1970, and it was delightful! Also, 20 years ago, the Disney characters roamed freely, which was very nice.) Our suite overlooked the pool, and there was a DJ there. My spouse and 3 kids (7 to 17) were having fun singing kids songs on the balcony and people at the pool were laughing and clapping, calling up requests. It was fun! (I was recovering from chemotherapy.) We immediately got a call from security to get my kids back in the room. Thereafter, a security detail followed us for the remainder of our time.

Before leaving for the park on the tram for the light parade that night, the 5 of us crammed into a photo booth at the hotel and chose the “frame” of Donald Duck in jail that said, “Wanted!”, which became our family Christmas card. I’d been an insurance attorney and read Disney cases filed by employees. I was appalled by how they treated employees, especially people in the character costumes. 20 years later, my guess is their employees aren’t paid enough for the jobs and aren’t happy, especially in those hot costumes, and in all positions, they’re probably, like every other place, understaffed. This wouldn’t bode well for “the happiest place on earth.” (Please note this disclaimer: THIS IS STRICTLY MY OPINION from my experience and reading the extreme dissatisfaction with the Park now.)

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

A well anticipated first time family trip to Disneyland for my husband and grandchildren turned into 3 days of "This is it?" At least 3 big rides such as Indiana Jones were shut down daily. The roller coaster California Screamin was closed, as well as some of the other rides on the pier until Summer 2018... say what?? Would be nice if they let you know this. Most of the staff were rude or looked miserable. The rides were in need of TLC and finding a character for the kids to be "in awe of" was next to impossible. We did not get the "Disneyland... happiest place on earth" feel at all. Sadly... the magic that I've experienced from past visits... is no more :(. Took the kids to LegoLand and Knott's Berry Farm... awesome!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Disneyland had never failed to dissatisfy me for the past 20 years I’ve been going, but today has been the worst experience I’ve ever received. It’s Valentine’s Day, I was with my husband and 4 month old son who was sleeping in his stroller, my husband decided to use the restroom, we just bought a pizza so I was holding the pizza box while holding the stroller and a bottled glass soda, my hands are completely full and as I was trying to put the stuff away by ACCIDENT I drop the glass soda so it spills and as it is I’m awfully embarrassed that everyone around me looked and stared, then to add things worse this extremely rude employee who was not far at all from me yells “DON’T TOUCH IT” with the most rude angry yelling tone.

And by then everyone heard and was just staring, this man even managed to wake up my 4 month old with his yelling which was very upsetting and a few cast members behind him came to pick it up as well and didn’t even bother to correct his behavior, I then proceed to leave hoping to God my husband didn’t see but he said he heard the yelling from the bathroom. I was extremely embarrassed and ashamed in how rude this employee was and I hope that someone at least someone else corrected his behavior. Needless to say I will not be going to Disneyland anymore.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I am very unhappy with Disneyland right now. I bought my daughter and granddaughter 2 day tickets to Disneyland for her birthday coming up 1/13. I bought them last month. Now, I am told they (so CA residents) can get them for $50 less! I am very upset! Also, I learned yesterday of the construction at the park and the roller coaster being taken down. I am sure this is one reason for the discount. Can I get a refund and repurchase at the lower rate? This is not a good thing! Update: called Disneyland tickets and they politely told me I am screwed and enjoy the park!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Every child dreams of going to Disney but that is not always the reality for many. I moved out to Las Vegas from Buffalo for a job and my best friend decided to fly in for Christmas because it was the first year I was unable to come back home. We decided to do Disneyland. We are both in our 30's; she has been to Disney World countless times but I have never been to either. So we decided what better place on Christmas than "the most magical place on earth" and drive the 4 hours from Las Vegas.

Parking was $20 on top of the tickets, each $124. We get to the park and have to go to through the bag search first. We did not realize that policy had changed and no selfie sticks were allowed. We were given 2 choices: throw the stick away or take it back to the car. Come on Disney! This is a new policy, have signs in your parking lot of prohibited items (like any Six Flags park) or have a spot the person can store it- a locker would suffice. At that time of day the crowds were not that busy so I had to wait on the shuttle until enough people boarded. This was a half hour waste of time. I took the shuttle while my friend purchased her ticket (I had already purchased online).

When I returned I made it through bag check and then there were the metal detectors. I thought my cell phone was in my bag but I had switched it to my jacket in order to hear/feel it if my friend called. I was barked at to remove any metal items and put them in the bowl. I am sorry but security at an airport is friendlier-perhaps you need to gently remind people as they approach.

Then the park- the amount of traffic control is craziness. Multiple times during the day you are ushered like cattle and can't walk certain directions due to traffic patterns for the parade, for the fireworks, etc. Not one of those barking orders had a lovely "cast member" smile that you see in all the ads. The first time buttons? Most shops were out. Shouldn't you stock inventory? Don't you have someone making big bucks to stock such things? Perhaps if we had these buttons we wouldn't have been treated as rudely as we had been all day.

During the parade we decided to leave part way through- too claustrophobic with such massive crowds. We couldn't move so my friend decided to walk over the low fence; now we understand this probably was not permitted but there was no way to get out and one of us had female issues...the guy was a complete jerk and super rude to us and made us walk all the way back around. We seriously never got to see some areas of the park because traffic was constantly be directed away from those areas.

Entrances and exits were poorly marked or changed at whim by the cast members. My friend went into "an exit" for the store and was told to turn around and go through the entrance; a door 2 feet away. Multiple people were trying to go through that door. Forget riding rides. Even with a Fast Pass people were waiting multiple hours. At 3pm some rides were already up to 10:15pm for Fast Pass holders. Maybe it is time Disney had a limit on tickets? We literally paid $124 to walk around the park and made it on one ride.

The one ride we did make in the Haunted Mansion was one where you have to move fast to get into the car because the track doesn't stop-as a result my friend dropped her new phone-in panic took a step off and grabbed it before it fell under and onto the tracks. A guy came up and berated us saying we should have called him-we didn't even see him! Yes, he would have grabbed the phone but would we have had to go all the way through the line to get it. He didn't have to be so condescending he could have said "Please remain in the car, we would be happy to assist you if such an accident happens". 5 seconds later they stopped the track anyway for something else.

In all honesty we were there for the atmosphere- and it sucked. Most all cast members did not want to be there. Try to take a picture and a cast member will see you and keep walking in front of your camera, not even offer to take the picture for you. We saw very few characters; Chip and Dale, Pluto, and Cruella de Vil. Where were all the princesses? Each time we came up to a character to get a picture we were told that the people before us were the "last family". Really? Where did this performer have to get to because we never saw them in the park again. We saw Jack and Sally sneak into the Haunted Mansion but they weren't in the show.

The final disappointment was the fireworks at 9:30 being canceled due to "wind" I checked my weather app and it was 1 mph. While right next door, California Adventure had some fireworks. This was where in the dark and crowds it got scary. We were herded in a very specific direction. We were hoping to go to Pirates of the Caribbean but it became apparent they were shutting down all the rides 2 hours prior to the park closing. At one point my friend and I thought the same thing which she voiced-this must be what it was like to be herded off without knowing where you are going - the atmosphere felt like we were on our way to a concentration camp. I guess the last 2 hours is supposed to be spent spending your hard earned money in the shops.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I’ve never taken the time to write here, in fact, I created an account just for this because I’m so upset by what happened and I want the public to understand what they’re dealing with when they go to Disneyland. Here’s what happened hours ago. Me and my two kids (13 and 8) were on our way out of CA Adventure when my oldest realized he lost his cell phone. We went to guest services because we got a call from a friend that someone in the park found it and would be returning it there. My cell phone was at 1% and I needed a wire to hook up my extra battery (also needed my phone because my only CC I brought in was frozen because of a fraud alert, something they sometimes do when I travel. So I needed to address that ASAP so we could have dinner).

Julianne at guest services said they had them at the store across from them. I told my son to wait in hopes his cell will show up while I go grab the charger. His feet hurt in his new shoes and being a teenager he was very concerned about getting that cell back. Julianne, a passive aggressive, angry young employee, told me I can’t leave my 13 year old there alone because he’s not 14. I was actually shocked when I heard that only because I know people who let their 5th graders run around Disney alone which I’ve never done but people who live in CA do. Since the park was surprisingly not crowded at all, very mellow as cast kept pointing out and my son is ultra responsible (he’s old enough to babysit my 8 and 2 year old - honor student, street smart, responsible kid. In fact I’m shocked he lost his cell because he’s a kid that never loses anything) I figured he could wait there for a brief stint.

So, we left guest services and went out to the side where there are benches. I told my son to wait there for the person with the cell while I grab a charger. I went into the store and they sold me an iPhone charger that they said would fit but it didn’t fit so I had to return it (yay cast members!). I went back to check on my son and he was gone. I walked around looking for him, I sat on the bench while my daughter and I waited to see him, he wasn’t around. Something was off, I knew he was ok, he’s smarter than most adults and can handle his own but he also wouldn’t just walk off.

Finally I went into guest services, who watched me looking for him for a while, and all the kids behind the counter wouldn’t speak to me and a manager came out. Donna, presumably in charge of all the guest services kids, told me they took my teenager to the little kid lost and found and I’d have to wait for a security guard to escort me across the park to get him. Julianna happily chimed in with a big smile I told you kids under 14 cannot be left unattended in the park. That was her big moment, you could see it, she was so happy! So, this is why this took place, one employee who wanted to punish me because I didn’t listen to her. My kid was fine but she just needed to "show me". Woah, is this what I paid ($8,000 was it for top of the line season passes) for?!

Honestly, being a huge Disney fan and only going to Disney World prior to buying these passes, I wouldn’t believe an employee at Disney would act like that. I’ve only known caring, incredible people to work at Disney World but since we started coming to Disneyland a few months ago, I noticed the disgruntled employees right off the bat. It's noticeable every time we go. Anyhow I went and got my son, who was fine, he just felt like he was getting treated like a baby (do you want a STICKER?!?! What?! Can you walk across the park, it’s a far walk? Here’s a Disney movie to watch while you wait for your mom to figure out that we stole you). What a joke.

We looked up the park policy and history on this and until a few years ago it was common for families to drop off their middle schoolers at Disney and pick them up at the gate at the end of the day. Even middle schools brought kids and let them wander all day with a meeting place and time for later. I’m not in that ballpark. My kids have always been with me except when I run into the bathroom (my 8 year old comes in with me). This is the only time my son was going to sit for a very brief period. I know him, I’ve been going to Disney, he was sitting in a safe place. The park policy says an adult must enter the park with kids under 14 so that you don’t just leave them there FOR HOURS!!! The thing is, I’m a good mom. I weighed it all out quickly and new it was ok. I guess what I didn’t know is I couldn’t trust Julianna. That there would be a young girl with a chip on her shoulder working her customer service job... at DISNEY!

Folks, this is not Disney. For those of you who have gone to Disney World, this is not Disney. Disney is a very happy, magical place that carries the spirit of wonder, imagination and FUN! At Disney World, the keep Walt’s vision in mind every day. They must have an incredibly employee training because they really go above and beyond to make your vacation amazing. It feels good to spend thousands of dollars because everyone’s having such a great time making memories for a lifetime!

From day one at Disneyland, I heard the employees complaining, negative attitudes. That’s not Disney. I’ve talked with CA friends about it, they’re just used to it. Everyone here knows these things about Disneyland: Their rides break down all the time. 3 on us yesterday - Indiana Jones, Space Mountain and Storybook boat ride - par for the course. The rides are broken down looking - paint peeling, broken dolls, etc. They have a number of rides nobody wants to go on because they have zero to offer, they’re just sitting there. The staff is angry (also hours ago an employee yelled at a group of people to stop running...then talking to herself out loud in front of me said angrily, "When you fall Disney isn’t going to pay for you - what?! I have a good handful of stories like that from going over the last few months. Some don’t try to be nice, some are sarcastic with a big smile.

Before you spend way too much money on a park to experience all of this def go to Disney World and also consider Universal (great customer service, LOVE this place), Knott's Berry Farm (Disney employees told me it’s better), even Magic Mountain for the older kids like my son. He’s been to Magic Mountain with his friend and his friend’s sister (college age) for the day and gone on all kinds of fun roller coasters, etc. Disneyland is generally not that fun for teenagers. If you’re a Disney fan like me you’ll probably have to check out Disneyland for yourself. I always wondered what it was like. It’s a hit or miss on how crowded it is, how well their app works, rides work, etc. the parade was cute but I also noticed dirty costumes but at Disneyland I’m never surprised anymore... in a disappointing way.

At the end of the day, Julianna single handedly crossed the line for my family last night. I don’t feel safe there because of the staff. We booked a hotel and we were going to spend a few days here but we will be heading home today. Instead of waking up with excitement about going to Disney for the day to kick off our vacation, I’m up in my hotel room writing this. My kids don’t want to stay and I cannot imagine going to Disney and worrying about them taking my teenager. What if I have to use the bathroom?

If you have a 13 year old boy, please take him into the women’s bathroom with you so this doesn’t happen to you too. If people give you a hard time in the bathroom tell them the park will take him away if you "leave him" outside. Some people will def be uncomfortable with it but just explain the policy.

Again, if that place was mobbed I wouldn’t have gone to grab the charger I’d bring him, I get nervous about that stuff. I made the judgment call because it was totally mellow and he was sitting right next to guest services and he was waiting for his iPhone. He should’ve been safe there, they should’ve looked out for him not created a problem for everyone. He’s such a great kid, he just thought the whole thing was ridiculous. He said Julianna seemed to be happy that she was creating drama. How insightful. So very true.

We will be calling them and I'll follow up on here. I’ve never written a company up but this was unreal, for all parents of older kids out there, you need to know what can easily happen to your teenager at Disneyland. And a side note, after studying law, I never sign anything without reading it but I was upset when I picked up my son and signed his release form and I realized afterwards I have no idea what that form said. I’m going to try to get a copy, it needs to be amended if it’s not accurate. Who knows what that piece of paper said?! I really do not trust that park.

From my first visit when I noticed how miserable some employees were, I’ve told myself, just think of Disneyland as not Disney and it will just be a rundown park you won’t have any expectation of. That was my strategy and it was working for me because I know I have Disney World. But this place, I don’t ever want to go back and I really want to be reimbursed our $8,000 we spend for a handful of visits to a place I don’t trust with my kids. Hopefully someone there will do the right thing. Keep you posted.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Last visit to Disney in 2016, Calif was disgraceful. Disney Parade was excellent; however, the cleanliness has diminished, customer service is terrible. My husband and I are elderly. We were working our way through a crowd of people for seating. I politely asked an employee of the restaurant if the seats were available. This individual was gross with no etiquette. He was rude and looked disheveled. His response was "they look empty." What a moron. Come on, Disney. Have some integrity. Just the appearance of this gross, disgusting, dirty filth would make someone puke!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My wife and I brought our three children twice in the last year. October 2016 and May 2017 and LOVED it. Today, my wife and I were finally able to go by ourselves and the rides were awesome, the crowds were smaller, the weather was great, and food was super tasty, but... We had one bad experience after another with employees. First, right into Main Street to get my Starbucks and the lady was very short with us and rolling her eyes. I kept saying I appreciate it and thank you, but she ignored me. Then, we went to a churro stand by the Winnie the pooh area and splash mountain and asked for a coke that said "Main Street" on it and the young lady made a face and said, "They all say main Street" but then pulled one out and said, "oh, I guess they don't" as she rang me up and didn't apologize or offer to refund, so I just left.

Then, the young girl acting as train conductor on the Disney railroad around 11:30am was barely saying "all aboard" even though we sat in her car, and she kept yawning and making jokes with other workers when we stopped. That wasn't terrible actually but just a bummer she didn't look happy to be there at all. Then, the worst was when we went on star tours and my wife couldn't pull her seatbelt so kept trying to get the guy's attention. When he finally got close, she told him what was wrong and he said, "next time, tell me sooner" and she was super embarrassed and hurt by that comment and didn't enjoy the ride. It was awful because she had been trying to get his attention. I was getting up to give it to that guy before she told me to stop. I was so upset for my wife. She was tearing up and just sad about it.

The very last thing that happened was at Soarin' where a young male staff member skipped towards his friend who was directing people at the end of the long downward hall and saying, "she gets to go home! She gets to go home!" referring to himself and goofing around in front of a crowd of guests. I get that people want to get home from work, but to say it like that in front of a group of guests was strange. It felt **, like I was waiting for a burger at a McDonald's drive thru. A few other instances happened but don't want to type them all.

I realized something though. Despite the amazing rides, food, company, weather, etc, if customer service is lacking, it makes the entire experience awful. Sitting in my hotel, I'm sad that today was the first time I feel sad and frustrated that employees ruined our time. We have one more day tomorrow and are hoping that it's better. We love Disney. We aren't blaming you guys for crowds or rides breaking down. Stuff happens. But poor customer service was so so odd.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My family and I travelled from BC, children's first and me again after 20 yrs. It was difficult to truly enjoy the ambiance as most of the focus is on weaving your way through a constant bombardment of people coming at you. Holding on to the kids at all cost is important as they will become one with the sea of heads. Nearly impossible for the little ones to enjoy the sights as they can't see them through the crowd. I expected the lineups to be long, but adding fast pass is insult to injury. Also waiting to only have a ride break down is uber frustrating. This happened over 1/2 dozen times. The amount of money one pays, there should be better ride Management.

Going to California Disneyland was more of the experience of crowds that I remember. It is great there, and the pier is beautiful. We had tickets for Mickey's Halloween party which was good, but some entertainment was cancelled which was part of ticket fee, the parade was shorter than I expected but sweet. Amazed now that one needs to line up to meet characters. The shortest lineups were the bathrooms. There really needs to be limit on local traffic and gate entrance... the ambiance really isn't a true Disneyland feel anymore. Won't be going back, sorry Mickey, but I don't think this is what Walt had in mind.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Sadly it took many years for me to make it to Disney. I was excited even at my current age to experience the magic of Disney. I will admit the Parade was absolutely amazing. The costumes and floats were breathtaking. Once this was over it all went downhill. There was nothing exciting about the entire experience. Lines were way too long to experience multiple rides, the stores were extremely overpriced and there didn't seem to be any activities for the children unless it involved long lines and insane amounts of money. I was with my 24 year old daughter and it was sad to see so many sad or disappointed little faces being dragged around an uneventful park.

You would think they would have side entertainment for children while they are waiting and being shuffled throughout the park. For instance I did not see a single character, princess, or magical event once the parade ended. Seriously do you charge extra to see a character in person? The afternoon rain made it a complete disaster. Not because we were wet but because even though we chose to buy a poncho and move on, everything was shut down. Rain day policy? Crappy!!! Way overpriced and unentertaining!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I was assaulted (illegal in all states) by an obese, mentally unstable "cast member" named Carrie at the Monorail entrance, triggering a panic attack as I have anxiety. Paramedics and security came due to the medical problem. I was treated so poorly by the Paramedics and the security managers Rondo and Cassie, they should be terminated for stalking (illegal in California as I had done nothing to warrant a security stalking as an assault victim). They want to intimidate guests into not filing lawsuits. I was also given incorrect information from the "cast members" at Paradise Pier which caused our day at Disneyland to basically be a physically violent runaround and NOBODY CARED!!! The hygiene, mental illness, and inability for cast member to control their behavior and personality disorders is extremely unsafe, absolutely ** and unpleasant.

I've noticed the guests visiting Disneyland are becoming extremely low class with no manners and ** behavior/inappropriate appearance while at destination for children as well. If I wanted to have a dangerous/third world experience I would have gone south of the border, but that is exactly what you will get visiting Disneyland. We also contemplated calling PETA due to low class guests throwing trash in the rivers, and baby ducks swimming around all the human garbage (literally and figuratively lol). We snapped a few pictures and might send in to PETA this weekend. We are canceling our pass after years due to the lack of class and behavior experienced at Disneyland Parks. We stay in a $5k a night suite and get assaulted by cast members... Just don't even bother. This place has turned into COMPTON-ADVENTURE and DETROITLAND??? ** AF. SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR A REAL VACATION. Safer and classier.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I've been to Disneyland a half dozen times. I took my family and 3 grandsons AGAIN! And this visit was not at all anything like the past visits. I will NOT go back. Big waste of money. I paid over $1700 for 2 day 2 park visit for 7 of us. It was wall to wall, shoulder to shoulder people. A SEA OF PEOPLE. It's of my opinion if anything spooked this kind of crowd many people young and old would be in great jeopardy. It's not if but when. Someone is turning a blind eye to safety and the amount of people allowed into a small place.

We did our best to enjoy our time but all of us decided not to return the 2nd day of which we paid dearly for upfront. Ages 67-11 and we all felt the same way. I doubt my grandchildren will ever consider going back with their future families. Right now they are 11-12-16 yrs old... It was their 3rd and last visit. We finished our trip with Magic Mountain and Great Wolf Lodge and both were wonderful. Disneyland SHAME ON YOU, you've completely thrown out your history of why we LOVED Disneyland so much... You lost this family's loyalty to yearn to visit Disneyland... SAD!!!

Original review: June 26, 2017

There are two things I like when it's my birthday, spending it at Disneyland and hearing happy birthday. Every time I have spent my birthday at Disney you wear your birthday pin and the employees tell you happy birthday. I know it's their job but it's nice to spend the day hearing it. Except for this year. I guess I came on a day where all the grouchy people were working and didn't even want to be bothered to look at you. Two of the people that are supposed to scan your card look and see if you are the person on it, didn't bother. Anyone could have used it to get in. I love Disney and usually I have a blast but that day eh wasn't the happiest place on earth for the employees, but my daughter and I made the best of it and had fun anyway. I just wanted to point out the money a person spends there at that park of course they want the full experience no matter what age you are.

Original review: May 16, 2017

It took 2 hours (literally) just to get to the parking area. We witnessed several near accidents as people tried to merge into ONE lane of traffic. It took another 32 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the park. In 64 years I have never seen so many people with so many strollers. We could not get on one ride as the lines were so long. The worst, Goofy would not shake the hand NOR have a picture taken with a very young Mexican boy. All of this at the cost of $110.00. I was in charge of a hospital for 27 years and we used Disney as one of our models. For me, this is a brand reliant on its history. Never again!

Original review: May 9, 2017

I do not recommend buying gift passes for a friend, they system is HORRIBLE!!! I purchased two tickets as a Christmas gift for a friend. I received a confirm with a number which we printed out. When my friends went to use them, they were told they needed a PDF on an email they never received. We called, expecting them to easily be able to resend (it being 2017). After holding and talking to 3 different people, I was repeatedly told that it was "impossible" to resend the email, it wasn't their "responsibility". We are season pass holders and the gift was over $200, so we spend good money at Disneyland, which makes billions.

I never received a ticket, only a confirm, nothing was noted on the email to ensure they received a PDF ticket, so it was deceiving as we thought we were done. As we purchased the tickets I must wait in line to get them for my friends, and the experience is frustrating, time consuming and just negative. While we have happy memories at Disneyland, this is horrible! The technology exists to allow for a resend email or they could mail the tickets. Boo Disneyland, this is terrible customer service! Get with the times and figure out a better system!

Original review: May 3, 2017

It had been 13 years since my husband and I had been to Disneyland and while it was magical and fun, the whole experience became dampened by the overcrowding and thoughtless effort to provide customers with shade while waiting hours for rides that last a mere 3-4 minutes. The fast track is thoughtless and unfair. We stood in line for 70 minutes for the radiator springs ride and so many fast trackers went ahead of us standing in the hot sun. Come on Disney, have crowd control (reservations). I'm sure people would love it if they could peacefully see the whole park without angst and frustration. Also put some cover over the line areas, little children (which is the focus) can't be in heat that long, and the elderly. Please don't be so greedy. People will come just make it nicer for them to enjoy the park.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I have been going to Disneyland for 40 years! This time it was with my son and his three young children (2-7 years). We stayed at the Grand Californian. It was early spring, many rides were down for maintenance, and some key rides went down as we were in line! Indiana Jones for example! The price for admission continues to grow faster than inflation. The dollar value is gone for the entertainment dollar! The stay at the onsite property was not current as many of the chairs in the lobby showed wear! The carpet had stains. This is not what one would expect from Disney management! 500-600 per night should buy more!

Original review: March 25, 2017

I took my family of eight and with my 3 year old Grandson for the first time, I must add that I have been coming for twenty years, and love Orlando and used to love Disney but they have forgotten their core values and it's all now just greed. Paid for their fast pass bands and it took hours to get on rides, the park was packed queues all day, seven rides when we eventually got on them broke down. The final straw for me is my grandson wanted to go on buzz lightyear before we headed home. Guess what. That broke down. Sat on it for twenty minutes and when we got off he saw buzz the character so he ran over to the line. This big guy stopped him, lines closed, I explained we had come from Scotland and their ride had broken down so that delayed my grandson not us, he told me to come back tomorrow??? Another 1k to get my family back in.

Asked for a manager, just got nonsense. Went to customer services, she was not interested at all. She never even logged my complaint. Disney will be turning in his grave at this. Everything is just there to extort money from you. 7 rides breaking down I was just unlucky they told me. All you do is queue and watch your life drain away the fun and Disney magic is gone for good.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I have been going to Disneyland since I was 12 and have never been so dissatisfied with my experience as I was last week. My family and I had 3 day hopper passes, the prices again had just gone up. Many, many rides were down for repair, Matterhorn, small world, pirates, grizzly river run, the big ferris wheel, just to mention a few and many broke down after we spent lots of time in line, space mt, slash mt, teacups, haunted mansion, etc. I feel like when a third of the big rides are down for repair. There should be some compensation such as a cut in price, automatic fast passes for example. Disney get your act together or you will be losing business.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I had a fantastic time, went on all my favorite rides! I took my mom and grandmother to California adventures for the the first time! We were super excited! We go to Disney resorts around 2 times a year for a few days at a time! I was super stoked for fireworks on Friday night, but shortly found out that you get kicked out early for the Halloween part I knew nothing about! I come from Reno NV which is a long drive. So when I found out we get kicked out early I was extremely upset! I did not get to see the fireworks and felt very rushed and did not get to enjoy my last day at the resort! I am also very sad to have just watched the tops of the firework show shooting off from my hotel building!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

It was just so much amazement. It was just magical as I was in the fifth grade. I still remember walking in and meeting Alice in Wonderland. I was a rather shy person and she made me comfortable so the whole day was great!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Hotels are the hardest, most expensive. Parks were great, but didn't stay on site. Magical. Something for everyone, and enjoyable for all. Our group includes toddlers, teens, young adults, middle age and older adults. So many options!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Awesome. Good value over all. Convenience from hotel to Park. Lots of places to eat. Great tour buses to different locations: Universal, Knotts Berry and Sea World. Will do it again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Overpriced and overcrowded. Not able to enjoy the park for it is way overcrowded with teenagers that get free annual passes from local zip code. Upon arrival the staff was very pleasant. During the stay they all acted if we were bothering them. When leaving it took a long time for our bags to arrive at our departure area.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Wonderful. Kids and adults really enjoyed everything about the place! Everyone of us can't wait to return!! The cool water mist were really helpful in the hot weather. All the rides were really really fun! The characters talking to the children and having their pictures were really fun! The shows were very entertaining for children and grown ups! The food was very expensive! I recommend bring your food and leaving inside the park going to your car or restaurant to eat! The fireworks at the end of the day are a lot of fun! It's very expensive to get in and you can't do everything in one day unless you have been before and know what you want to see again. It would help if you had a map and planned every thing beforehand! If you can it would be good you come back the second day!

Disneyland expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Located in Anaheim, California, Disneyland Resort was Disney’s original amusement park. It opened in 1955 with 18 rides and now has more than 80 attractions, including rides, shows and activities. Disneyland Resort includes the Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney and three hotels.

• Size: Disneyland has a much smaller geographic footprint than Disney World, so guests can easily walk to the Disneyland Park, the California Adventure and Downtown Disney from all three Disney hotels as well as from some of the closer non-Disney hotels. The smaller size also means that guests won’t get tired just walking from one attraction to another.

• Weather: Regardless of what time of year guests visit, the weather will likely be pleasant in Disneyland. Anaheim’s average temperature is 78 degrees, and the area only gets about 13 inches of rain per year, one-third the national average.

• Cars Land: A part of the California Adventure, Cars Land transports guests to Radiator Springs, the fictional town in the “Cars” movie franchise. The area includes a Radiator Springs Racers, an attraction where riders race one another through a set created by the Disney Imagineers in convertible cars.

• SoCal CityPASS: Disney has partnered with LEGOLAND California Resort and SeaWorld Adventure Park to offer special tickets that cover all three attractions. These tickets provide a significant savings on admission prices for all the attractions. Guests have 13 days to use the passes, so they can plan activities at a pace that meets their scheduling needs.

• Food: Disneyland Resort offers a variety of treats for guests to snack on between thrill rides and live shows. Guests with a sweet tooth may be especially interested in La Brea Bakery Cafe, located in the Downtown Disney area. The bakery receives high praise from visitors, and Dessert Professional Magazine named Disneyland’s executive pastry chef, Jean-Marc Viallet, one of the Top 10 Pastry Chefs in America in 2016.

• Best for: Disneyland caters to families with children of all ages, young adults and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs