2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5

Disney Cruises Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Disney gets it right, lots to do for all ages. The rooms were large enough for me and two teenage boys. You're not in the staterooms very much anyway. The food is great, don't eat too much when you board because you'll have dinner in a couple of hrs. It is pricey, but it was worth it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Unlike the Disney Parks you can only put a limited number of people on a ship. It was refreshing to walk around the decks without having to dodge the cell phone zombies as you would constantly be doing in the Parks. The ship was clean and the staff and food were excellent, again very much unlike the Parks. We have given up on the Disney Parks after witnessing their quality getting worse year after year. The Cruise Ship was more like the Disney branded product I am used to seeing.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Disney Cruises have thought of everything. There is no detail or small item that Disney has not thought of. Communication was great. There was no confusion where to go for an excursion, show, or meals. Plenty of staff to help and very friendly. It was such a great experience! I went as a single mom with my two children, one having handicap exceptions and it was simply a great experience!

Original review: July 26, 2019

Disney Cruises are great if you have children who are joining you. I've never taken a Disney Cruise with all adults, or only by myself. My niece and nephew really enjoy the characters and the experience. I paid a visit to South Florida last year and purchased tickets for the three of us to give their parents time alone. I enjoyed watching them enjoy the Disney themes.

Original review: March 19, 2019

We just sailed on DCL for the 3rd time (on the Magic) and all three vacations have been spectacular! The staff is incredible, accommodating, and helpful. Our staterooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. (We always book rooms with a veranda- pricier but totally worth it!) The onboard entertainment is excellent; Broadway quality live shows, movie theaters that play new and old Disney films (we saw Captain Marvel- so good!) and the dinners are shows themselves. The rotational dining is awesome, and Animator's Palate is the coolest place to have dinner. So much fun for both kids and adults. My family loves the Promenade Lounge, adults relax with a cocktail and our kids dance to live music. DCL is more expensive than other cruise lines, I will give you that- but you get what you pay for, and it's worth every penny. We can't wait to sail again, and we booked our 4th cruise while still on board.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Cruises?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

My wife and I received a transatlantic cruise as a surprise 50th-anniversary gift from our sons. The cruise began in England, it was scheduled to stop at 4 ports prior to ending in New York. An announcement was made while in Ireland, at the 2nd port, stating that our course may have to be altered due to a hurricane in Bermuda. The announcement also stated that we may have to head north toward Iceland or stay at sea for a while as they monitored the hurricane and will provide an update by noon the following day. A final announcement was made as scheduled, stating that we were eliminating the next 2 ports, headed directly back to New York and will be arriving a day early. He announced that we would head towards the direction of, and around, to get below the hurricane.

At that point, the hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm, also changing direction and would not have affected our scheduled port stops. There was another cruise line docked nearby that maintained their course making all of their port stops in the same areas without any issues. I sent an email noting my disappointment, not seeking a refund, however, expecting some form of compensation such as a special discount on a future cruise which was turned down by Michele ** at Disney Cruise Line. This is totally unfair as we missed out on 50% of our port stops for either a premature or poor decision by the commodore, totally different from his original announcement, and no alternatives.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I would recommend this cruise line for thousands of customers all over the world because they are one of the best lines that could ever give good value and good qualities to satisfy human wants all over the country.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Love the theater and shopping. The food is great too. I enjoy the pools and the game room is a blast! I would want to go back to it annually if I could and had the money. It’s not cheap but is worth it. Wish everyone could afford it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

It is a very good cruise line. Had fun and a very great experience. They get a A+ from me. Very nice people and very helpful. They are the best. I would recommend them to everybody. They are very good people and it was a fun experience. It was my first time and I loved it.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

The Disney cruise was okay, not the greatest. I went on an Alaskan cruise about 15 years ago on the Princess Line which I liked much better. The activities were better, the food better, the offshore activities were much better. My grandchildren, ages 7 & 9 weren’t even impressed with the Disney Cruise. I don’t think I would ever go on a Disney Cruise again.

Not sure about Disney Cruises?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Disney Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While the Walt Disney Company has been around for almost a century, Disney Cruises first launched with a single ship in 1998, though the company was founded in 1995. Since then, the cruise line has expanded to four ships, all sailing out of Port Canaveral.

• Kid-friendly activities: Family friendly live shows, meeting Disney characters and deck parties are just a few of the on board activities suitable for families.

• Dining options: Dining options include casual dining, dining in rooms with whimsical Disney themes and adult-exclusive dining.

• Port adventures: Disney Cruise Lines offers port adventures geared around creating a memorable and fun family-friendly adventure at each port.

• Online check-in: Guests can save time with Disney Cruises by checking in online before arrival at the dock.

• Land and sea vacations: Disney's land and sea vacations combine a Disney Cruise with time spent at a Disney Resort for a rich Disney experience.

• Best for: The Disney Cruises liner is best for families and the young at heart.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team