2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

Disney Cruises Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Cruises?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Cruises?

Original review: July 29, 2019

Attention to detail was amazing. Plenty of activities for the kids! Kept them happy for hours. Fun time for adults but nothing over the top. If you are looking for an adult party seen Disney is not where to find it. They know their audience and aim to please.

Original review: July 28, 2019

There is so much to do on a Disney Cruise, there is usually not enough time to do it all. And if you think it's just for children, not so. There are amazing activities for adults. We take a Disney Cruise about every two years, and there is always something new.

Original review: July 27, 2019

This was nice for our grandkids. Not enough areas to get away from all the kids though. Everything is cater to small kids. Kids running everywhere. It was overcrowded. It was like being in a daycare all day. I guess I would like the cruise liner to be more for what we paid.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Disney Cruises are great if you have children who are joining you. I've never taken a Disney Cruise with all adults, or only by myself. My niece and nephew really enjoy the characters and the experience. I paid a visit to South Florida last year and purchased tickets for the three of us to give their parents time alone. I enjoyed watching them enjoy the Disney themes.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I took my son on a Disney cruise. I purchased a 10 photo package ahead of time because I wanted to have photos of the trip and since it was just him and I I thought this was the best option to have pictures from the trip. We went and pick out the wanted photos at the kiosk the night before departure and was told that we would have to pick up a thumb drive the next day. Of course the next day departure was chaotic to say the least and I regrettably forgot to pick up the thumb drive. It was 30 minutes after we left the boat I called the photo company. I only could reach a machine. I sent 3 emails pleading with the company to send me my photos only to have a machine respond and no follow up. I do not have any photos of the trip. This photo package was $150 for 10 photos, which I can not retrieve. The vendors that Disney uses are terrible and take no responsibility.

The snorkel trip that I scheduled with Disney was also horrible. The boat was completely overcrowded to the point that there was no seat and the staff was rude, the trip was a mess and only one of the 2 bathrooms was working (the one working bathroom was a dirty mess). The point is Disney picks these vendors and those vendors have some of the worst customer service. Not what I thought Disney would be like.

Original review: March 19, 2019

We just sailed on DCL for the 3rd time (on the Magic) and all three vacations have been spectacular! The staff is incredible, accommodating, and helpful. Our staterooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. (We always book rooms with a veranda- pricier but totally worth it!) The onboard entertainment is excellent; Broadway quality live shows, movie theaters that play new and old Disney films (we saw Captain Marvel- so good!) and the dinners are shows themselves. The rotational dining is awesome, and Animator's Palate is the coolest place to have dinner. So much fun for both kids and adults. My family loves the Promenade Lounge, adults relax with a cocktail and our kids dance to live music. DCL is more expensive than other cruise lines, I will give you that- but you get what you pay for, and it's worth every penny. We can't wait to sail again, and we booked our 4th cruise while still on board.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Been on the Disney Cruise 10 times and every year has been just as great as the year before. Been on the Disney Wonder 3 times and the Disney Dream 6 times. This year going on the Disney Fantasy. Can’t wait.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I scheduled a character call for Christmas morning. I received a confirmation email. Mickey and Minnie were suppose to call to let my girls know about their Christmas present, a Disney Cruise!! We had grandparents on FaceTime waiting to watch the faces of our girls when they found out that we were finally going on a Disney Cruise for the first time ever! My girls were expecting a call but didn't know from who or for what, just that it was a huge surprise! We sat there waiting for 15 minutes and the call never came. So I went online and scheduled another one for immediately... Well that call never came either.

So, 45 minutes later, we finally just told them. This was the biggest disappointment ever! We had video cameras ready to go and this was going to be such a great memory for all of us! I went on the site and chatted with someone who, after typing out my whole story, told me to contact guest services and that there had been many problems with the calls going through on Christmas day... So I then call guest services who proceed to tell me that the company that calls is a third party and Disney is not responsible... Seriously???? Not impressed at all!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My name is Daniel ** and I'm writing this email to explain a situation that went on on Cast Away island on 11/29/18. My family and I went on our 4th cruise vacation with Disney in the Dream ship from 11/26/18-11/30/18 sailing from Port Canaveral and on 11/29/18 my family and I were having a good time at the beach of Cast Away and where we had our bags on top of a beach chair near the air tube rentals while my wife, daughter and I went to the water and my stepson stayed by our belongings. He stepped out to pick up some food and an unidentified person grabbed one of our bags by the beach chair without any authorization making this an illegal possession where all our IDs (driving licenses, social securities cards, stateroom key cards, cash, 2 watches, credit card, cellphone and a government ID) were in the bag. It was reported to security where we had to be escorted off the island to the ship since we didn't have no IDs.

As soon we got to the ship we went to guest services to reported as well and our response from guest services that they were sorry for any inconvenience but there was a balance pending and it had to be taken care of without any remorse or sympathy of our situation and knowing that my credit card was also stolen. My family and I understand that a balance was due and we were never denying it and it was going to be paid off but since our circumstances we couldn't do it there and then.

Next day we were told that the bag was found next to a bathroom at the island and all theIDs were recovered except the watches, credit card, cell phone and the cash. The next day after disembarking I had to drive almost 2 hours to Port Canaveral to pick all documents recovered. We as a family felt that we were treated disrespectful, unfairly, with no remorse or sympathy whatsoever, mistreated where my 7 year old daughter asked me why we were treated differently and that's odd coming from a 7 year old.

We have always thought that Disney is all about customer service making the guests feel safe, appreciated and welcomed but the guest services made us feel the opposite. Instead of providing a solution or an alternative all it was done by guest services was bypassed the situation only focusing on the financial aspect of it. One of the items stolen had a sentimental value and never will be recuperated. I would encourage to have more security and cameras in the island to avoid as much possible this kind of situations and bad experiences.

My family and I have had travel all Disney cruises and gone to all parks and never gone through an ordeal like this but Disney should learn how to treat guests the right way when going through a situation so it won't escalate and take a wrong turn. The remaining balance left in the ship account will be paid promptly. Our experience is going to be shared with our families and friends so they won't experience the same ordeal we went through hoping that the employees of Disney will be trained and prepare better on how to deal with different guests situations. Feel free to contact me for any additional information required.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My cruise with my family this year and all other four were absolutely magical, unlike any other reviews which are probably B.S and all they wanna do is complain. No they don't upsell you on anything. The Food is the best I've ever had, yes there some unappetizing things here and there. There's is no bad service. Everyone is so helpful and caring and customer service is friendly. The second there's the boat was rocking back and forth, BUT WE'RE IN A BOAT, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!!

Disney Cruises Company Information