Disney Cruises

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We have never been on a cruise. My husband and I are big Disney fans, so who else do you trust but Disney. The parks are always so nice and clean, and the cast members are always helpful, very nice, and full of info. Knowing how Disney treats in the resorts (like kings and queens) we decided to book our 30th wedding anniversary cruise through Disney. We have never cruised so we wanted confidence that everything would go without a hitch.

Everything was perfect from room to shows to activities and oh the food OMG, have never seen so much food. The trip was wonderful and we are planning a second. Some say a little pricey, well remember you pay for what you get. I will never cruise with any other line. We met people that have done other lines and they keep coming back to Disney. Had several people tell us Disney is the only way to go. I can't say enough about this cruise. Our wait staff was worth gold. I can't wait till we go another.

The food, the activities, the staff, and the cleanliness of the ship were amazing. I would definitely recommend families who are looking for a getaway with the kids, THIS IS IT! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

It's the perfect vacation with family with fantastic fun, great adventure, and wonderful people who makes you feel special and great adventure. It's worth it.

The itinerary option was very easy to do and helpful. It made the cruise a lot more fun. The amenities and rooms were awesome. They had nice size rooms with comfy beds. I felt very comfortable with the stay overnight which is a good thing because I usually don't like staying anywhere other than my own home. The overnight stay was very nice. The staff was also so helpful with anything we needed. They couldn't have been more friendly. This cruise is a great value and it had everything it said it would. We had a lot more fun than we expected to. I would definitely recommend this to my family and friends. We will definitely be coming back for another cruise.

The Disney Cruise was better than I had expected. There were so much to do for everyone from the adults to the younger kids. Never would have expected the night to be so rememberable. Our stay was very rewarding. The staff made sure everything was in its place and were clean before arriving. They made everything so comfortable for me and my family. The people on the cruise were so nice and friendly to everyone. Even though the trip overall was very pricey, it was worth the experience I had with my family. I would recommend it to anybody and I would soon be returning to this excursion for a different event.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Cruises?

I found choosing itinerary options at Disney Cruise to be a fun, easy task with the assistance of the wonderful staff. They were extremely helpful and answered all of my questions thoroughly. The onboard amenities and services are both numerous and fantastic, too. Absolutely anything you could want or need is readily available plus the staff won't hesitate to recommend or help you decide what best suits you. The quality of my stay was so high that it was unmatched. It was beautiful, fun, and relaxing. Everything was completely wonderful for how affordable this experience was. A total bargain. I would happily pay more for such a great experience but I'm glad I didn't have to!

We had many activities for the kids and adults. We kept the kids busy enough during the day so they slept hard. The night life was really fun, drinking dancing and plenty of swingers to switch off with because that's how we roll. All night long that's what we like and we drank our fill. The meals were really yummy also. We partied all night and slept till noon! We just loved the open environment. The pool was lots of fun too. The cruise was very expensive but we can afford it. Business was good on the cruise.

I loved the cruise and enjoyed everything about it. Snorkeling was a lot of fun and adult dining was amazing. There was plenty to do in the nightclubs and there were a lot of pools onboard. The spa was beautiful as were the pools and water slides. The wifi worked very well and the theaters were very fun. Even when the weather was bad the ships staff always had things planned and activities going on. Moreover, the room service was efficient. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very spacious. The bathroom was perfect and very easy to use on a ship. The food was also delicious and would love to eat it again.

We went through the Caribbean and then to the Bahamas. It was so beautiful, its beaches and the feeling of relaxing with the amazing drinks. The services were amazing. They were so careful with everything, always ask if needed something and really respectful. From the moment I enter till I left they were on point. I love how we were treated and how the rooms were kept clean. The food was delicious and any little thing we needed it was done how I asked for it to be. The value for pay was equal to what we were given. It was enjoyable which is one of the things I ask when going on vacation and it had it all. I will come back again.

My family has been on the Disney cruise line numerous times. My mother planned everything out for my sister and I, and we enjoyed all of it. The cruise, Disney world, the beach and shopping. Onboard, the food, the drinks, all the activities, everything was included, which made it easier for my mom to enjoy the vacation she planned for her daughters. That's why I have recommended it to everyone. I have even been back to the same cruise line as an adult with my sister to get away and relax. But we enjoyed the adult part of the cruise line. I would give the cruise line five stars. The service was outstanding and that's the only cruise line my mother likes to go on.

We would have been better off taking a trip to the Walt Disney world resort. We would have gotten more bang for our buck for our family of 4 had we done it that way. Lots to do for the younger kids but it all seemed a bit juvenile for the tween crowd. The activities on board were just ok but still much better than other cruise lines that we have been on. The rooms were stocked with what you would imagine. Shampoo, conditioner, face soap and bath/body soap. But the brand was low end for what I would expect from the Disney line. I wish there were more and longer stops too. Some days we felt cooped up on the ship. Also the time off of the ship was too short. The excursions were a bit pricey and I wished that there was an all inclusive option which included excursions.

The itinerary was very easy to follow and I enjoyed the way they set up the cruise. We enjoyed the activities and food setup for our family in our suite. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. I especially liked the in suite recommendation for ordering to our room. Also, the stay was very comfortable. I felt extremely safe on the trip and the staff made the stay fun, interesting, was very helpful and they weren't afraid to answer any questions we had for them. However, we thought it seemed pricey at first but once we experienced the cruise, we realized that for what we got it was actually a great value. You get what you pay for and more.

Children, teens, and adults can enjoy a Disney cruise. They have great choices of things to do for all ages. Food was delicious as well and there were many options. The people that worked on the crew were very nice and helpful. Maid services were always keeping up with what we needed. The stay was comfortable and relaxing. The room was very nice, clean, and quiet! It was also close enough to everything on the ship that we may want to get to. Value was great. It was well planned and put together.

Disney Cruises was very well planned out. The destination stops were fun, the food was really good and there was also a lot to do on the boat. We even had internet and cable tv. Our cabin was a bit small, but we were only in it for 5 days. The onboard amenities was very clean and with good housekeeping. It was my very first cruise so I think it went really well. We got a discount so the value was quite good. I highly recommend using Disney Cruise lines.

We were able to choose from a list of what we wanted to see & where we wanted to get off of the boat or at what stops. We both selected what places or things we wanted & then we compared our two lists together and made one. We were able to play some games outside but what we really loved is that we got A Euchre game going on inside & we played & played until our hearts were content. Plus, we went swimming, laid around our cabin & had some wonderful dinner & fine cuisine. We also loved our overnight stay. It was the first time for us. We were able to get our bags in our room. The cabin is awesome, 1 big bed & then we checked out our cabin, bathroom & such. Then we toured the boat! So big & amazing! Loved the dining room & entertainment. I believe we got our money's worth. For the fun we had, 6 nights & 7 days. Two complete stops, shopping & dining abroad - in a way that I never would have dreamed possible.

Great overnight stay and great rooms with nice size bed. There is enough room for you plus kids, luggage and bathroom. They have plenty of amenities and activities to keep the kids entertain for the whole day. They have plenty of services and a lot of people to help. Great food and drinks. Other than being pricey, it was a great cruise. I would go on it again.

When I took the Disney cruise I would say that the itinerary options are pretty good for various things we could do on shore and on their personal Island. I would definitely recommend their amenities and services. I love the spa that they had in the pools and the showers. The full-service spa with the steam room is definitely worth paying extra for. Other amenities included shopping. I went on the cruise on my birthday. I was very happy with my experience on Disney Cruise Line, but it was very much geared towards kids. There wasn't a whole lot for just adults to do. Everything is really geared towards families. For example just Disney karaoke. The prices were much higher on Disney Cruise Line but the overall price was a bit higher than the other cruise lines have been on. The food was bit better and the staff was friendlier.

We were very satisfied with all the different choices on board for the family as well as the excursions. Also, the food and drink selections were great. Lots of choices for family members of all ages and available for throughout the day. Pizza, sandwiches, etc. Our room was great and had a nice veranda so we could enjoy the view at sunset and also when we came to port. This was especially nice when we left NYC. Expensive but worth it. All our needs were taken care of so we didn't pay out of pocket much once we were on board. Only exception was having to pay for meals when on shore.

I liked the private island. Also, swimming with dolphins was a dream come true! Everything we wanted to do was available. My kids loved the clubhouse and water slides. There were many places for adults to have fun too! I like that my husband and I could drop the kids off at the clubhouse for a few hours knowing they would be safe and also having fun. The mattresses were super soft and with the gentle rocking of the boat lulled me to sleep each night. The pillows were also soft and comfortable. The Disney cruise included A LOT for the money but I do feel it could more cost effective. I've been on other cruises that were less expensive and almost as fun.

We got an all inclusive type deal so everything was included in the cruise. Only thing we had to pay for were like things that didn't involve the ship. Amazing service, the staff was amazing and they were super friendly. We had everything that we needed to stay on that ship. It was very clean and classy. I was very surprised by how nice our rooms were, they weren't even small. Food was great. For the price, you're getting what you pay for. I mean if you find a deal it's an amazing price.

I had a great experience with Disney Cruises. It was suitable for all. Can't believe how wonderful this adventure was. Expectation accurately presented. I enjoyed every second of this wonderfully put togetherness. Never thought I would have such and beautiful magnificent time. Would love to experience this again in the near future. Can't wait to plan and event eventually soon.

Disney's cruise services were great. There were many different activities to choose from, depending on what the age of your child is. My daughter really enjoyed it and I was rather surprised as an adult that I would actually have so much fun! There are people always walking around making sure you didn't need anything, and the amenities were great as expected. It was very expensive, but it was a great trip and I feel like my family got our money's worth. We made memories we will never forget.

There was plenty of activities to do for every age in the family. It was very well organized. The night was very relaxing and we had great weather also. The food was great and we were able to get vegetarian meals by asking. Our rooms were always clean. The workers were always nice and willing to help. There weren't any distractions at all and everything was close by. The prices were good even though it was a cruise.

We flew from NJ to Florida where the boat was docked. We set off from there and over the course of seven days we sailed and took port in several islands in the Caribbean. There were so many restaurants and amenities on board, loads of shopping, casinos with live entertainment, activities just for the kids, nightclubs, spa services and plenty of time to relax. This was my first cruise so the room sizes were smaller than I expected. However they were comfortable, beautiful and had great views. Also the hospitality staff were very attentive to all our needs. This was a once in a lifetime experience and was beyond our dreams. This cruise was much more in price than other cruise lines that offer a similar excursion.

There were a variety of options that covered people of all athletic levels, with children or without and at convenient times throughout the days. We were never wanting for anything, be it food, towels, or entertainment. The staff was almost always on par with information and when confused, there was always someone who knew the answer. The cabins were nice and intimate. I'd imagine it would be great for a couple. The price for two people was quite surprisingly affordable, being very similar to a week + stay at WDW including a meal plan. Some of the excursions were pushing the 'pricey' level, but nothing too serious.

They provided different activities for various types of people, some very high energy and some more laid back, overall almost anyone would be able to do something they enjoyed. For the place it had enough space for all of us, which was very good because I know that cruises can be very small and tight sometimes but it was good and I enjoyed the nights. However, they could have had better rooms with more things in them, and I would have appreciated thing like toothpaste and toothbrushes complimentary not an extra charge in case I would have forgotten an item. Most extra services had an extra cost to them that I did not like. There could have been better value for the money we spent. Everything was very expensive and any extra things we wanted to do cost more money and we didn't realize not everything was included in the price we initially paid.

They have plenty of choices for me and my child to chose from and we never got bored or hungry. We stayed active the entire time. We always find something new to experience without having to repeat anything twice. Plus was about to trust that my son was off having fun in safe hands. Everything was top quality, from the food to the things they offered to adults and even children. Spend a good portion of swimming and enjoying delicious drinks while my son kept busy in most of the same areas as me. Got so much for your money on this cruise. Between the programs, the food, the child activities and drink specials, I would definitely say I got my money worth. I would definitely recommend my friends to take their child on this cruise line.

It has many activities for the kids with adult options too. It really was fun for the whole family. Ask for an activity list beforehand to plan your trip! We paid for a better suite and it was worth it. The balcony was beautiful and I believe we received better service as a result. The other room we saw was small and cramped. It's better to splurge. The beds were very nice and comfortable, and we received extra pillows as requested. Our ship seemed fine - new or at least recently new renovations. Entire trip was very expensive, from flying to the cost of the cruise. But, it is nice for first time travelers. Everything is prepared in advanced. In the future going to a resort would be our preferred vacation tactic.

There was a variety of itineraries to choose from and a variety of durations of cruises be at 3 days, 5 Days, 7 days or 14 days. I chose a 7 day cruise which was long enough for me, my spouse and my toddler. The list of the amenities are by far the best that I've ever seen on any Cruise. They have spies, they have activities for the children, they have different games and things to do. There was never-ending opportunities for my toddler to go and have fun with Children of his peer group. As well as there was enough variety of activities for myself and my spouse as well to be adults.

I enjoy the different locales and the special amenities that you could add on to your cruise. There is never a lull in the day. It was a little pricey for the cruise for the three of us but the value was beyond words. The characters and the environment is exactly as if you went to Disneyland or Disneyworld. My toddler was beyond overjoyed with the theme rooms and the themed activities.

There are lots to do there. They had a dinner show activities for the kids, a pool and a casino, and they had kid sitting so you could go out and do your own thing. They had all the free drinks you could drink, free food all you could eat and you had the freedom to cruise the entire ship. It was a great time. The overnight stay was excellent. We had calm seas the entire trip so no rough weather. The beds and the rooms were very clean. It was very easy to get a good night's sleep. The value of the cruise for the money spent was well worth what we payed. We never got bored the entire trip. We always had something to do.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

While the Walt Disney Company has been around for almost a century, Disney Cruises first launched with a single ship in 1998, though the company was founded in 1995. Since then, the cruise line has expanded to four ships, all sailing out of Port Canaveral.

• Kid-friendly activities: Family friendly live shows, meeting Disney characters and deck parties are just a few of the on board activities suitable for families.
  • Dining options: Dining options include casual dining, dining in rooms with whimsical Disney themes and adult-exclusive dining.
  • Port adventures: Disney Cruise Lines offers port adventures geared around creating a memorable and fun family-friendly adventure at each port.
  • Online check-in: Guests can save time with Disney Cruises by checking in online before arrival at the dock.
  • Land and sea vacations: Disney's land and sea vacations combine a Disney Cruise with time spent at a Disney Resort for a rich Disney experience.
  • Best for The Disney Cruises liner is best for families and the young at heart.

Compare Cruise Lines