3.81/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Disney Cruises

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

159 Disney Cruises Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We took our two kids, 6 and almost 2, and will never cruise Disney again. Note: The 6-year-old loved it, no one else had fun. Dory's Reef: This is the only place a little ones can play outdoors. Period. It is a segregated area, approximately 100 square feet in size, where little ones are stuck. There are no other outdoor activities for not potty trained kids or kids under 3. Small World Nursery: They referred to my son by the wrong name the entire time, despite corrections. When we picked him up after about 2 hours, we were told that he was sad but didn't want to be held, so they just left him in a crib!!! They left my 21 month old son alone and crying in a crib for 2 hours. I could have done that for free... At home. $10/hour for childcare my **. Can you imagine?

Where was the food? I've been on cruises before and there was always plenty of seafood. In fact, plenty of everything. Cruising and overeating are nearly synonymous. The Cabanas buffet had some crappy crab claws (no legs!) and no butter. The dinner service never offered lobster or crab. And, the buffet closed. No midnight buffet, no mid-day snacking, only small windows of time where you can eat. No duty free shopping. There were soda machines and water fountains on Deck 9 near the buffet. That's it. So, if you wanted a drink or to fill your water bottle, you had to go all the way to that single spot. As I said, I've been on cruises before and availability of things to eat and drink was never in short supply. Medical Staff: This is a cruise filled with kids. Kids get sick. Ours did. When I called for a doctor, they offered us Pedialyte pops. That's it.

No Kids Oversight: The kids club area was nice and had a lot of staff, but they didn't really engage the kids. No real group activities that were led or encouraged. My son is a little shy, so he ended up spending a large portion of our (super expensive) cruise playing video games on an iPad. End-of-Cruise Amenities: There was a deck party at 10 pm on the last night, but not a single restaurant was open immediately before for snacks. Afterward, the buffet opened but could not handle literally every single person on the ship trying to eat simultaneously. So, we attempted to order room service to be told that Mac-and-Cheese would be an hour wait!!!

Characters: There were a few non-princess characters on board: Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip and Dale. Maybe Stitch? Then some princesses and Captain Jack. But none were "around" as promised or how they are in the parks. Instead, they had pre-set appearance times where you could stand in line for an hour to get a picture with them. That's it. Chip and Dale? Seriously? Pools: There were 2 kids' pools. The one in the aqua lab was only about 2 1/2' deep (so it would have been great for my toddler who wasn't allowed in it). And Goofy's pool is about the size of a hotel pool. That's it. They were heated, which was nice.

Value: We went on a 3-night cruise in a lower end stateroom (small but w/ a window). We paid $2,600 for this short little cruise, not counting airfare and tips. All together, we spent nearly $4,000 on a 4-day vacation. We did it for our kids... We spent double what other cruises cost for our kids. The baby was mistreated by staff and had nothing to do. My older son got a 2 small pools and a waterslide. Never again. Disney has gotten its last dime from me. I feel like they stole from me... My money, my time, my vacation that I'd worked so hard for. Disney took it from me. Never ever again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We had booked our third cruise with Disney and was excited to be sailing until hurricane Irma. Disney cancelled cruise due to hurricane and promising to refund customers. We called customer service to move reservation to another date, only to be told all dates for remaining were not discounted and we would have to wait until after September 18th or have travel agent call after 13th to get new pricing as rates were going up. Instead of assisting with rebooking, supervisor says, “There nothing we are willing to do until then and there isn't anything you can do because we're Disney and pricing is what it is.” When asked about the refund, the supervisor stated sometime after the 18th, but couldn't provide details and stated it was Disney’s policy to not provide any further information. When asked for a policy number or reference of our communication, the supervisor hung up.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

We traveled with Disney Cruise Lines twice already to celebrate our kid’s birthdays and we recently booked our 3rd trip to do the same. Less than a week from booking the trip a cheaper fare was released/advertised. We called to see if there's anything they could do for us, and that's when we learned that Disney Cruise Lines was unable to re assign us. Our option was to pay over $640 in cancellations fees and book the cheaper rate, which at the end of the day will only save us about $40. Our next step will be to try their customer service email and also postal address to see if there's anything they can do for us, but we wanted to share our experience hoping it help future customers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

We have never been on a cruise. My husband and I are big Disney fans, so who else do you trust but Disney. The parks are always so nice and clean, and the cast members are always helpful, very nice, and full of info. Knowing how Disney treats in the resorts (like kings and queens) we decided to book our 30th wedding anniversary cruise through Disney. We have never cruised so we wanted confidence that everything would go without a hitch.

Everything was perfect from room to shows to activities and oh the food OMG, have never seen so much food. The trip was wonderful and we are planning a second. Some say a little pricey, well remember you pay for what you get. I will never cruise with any other line. We met people that have done other lines and they keep coming back to Disney. Had several people tell us Disney is the only way to go. I can't say enough about this cruise. Our wait staff was worth gold. I can't wait till we go another.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The food, the activities, the staff, and the cleanliness of the ship were amazing. I would definitely recommend families who are looking for a getaway with the kids, THIS IS IT! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Cruises?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

It's the perfect vacation with family with fantastic fun, great adventure, and wonderful people who makes you feel special and great adventure. It's worth it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The itinerary option was very easy to do and helpful. It made the cruise a lot more fun. The amenities and rooms were awesome. They had nice size rooms with comfy beds. I felt very comfortable with the stay overnight which is a good thing because I usually don't like staying anywhere other than my own home. The overnight stay was very nice. The staff was also so helpful with anything we needed. They couldn't have been more friendly. This cruise is a great value and it had everything it said it would. We had a lot more fun than we expected to. I would definitely recommend this to my family and friends. We will definitely be coming back for another cruise.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The Disney Cruise was better than I had expected. There were so much to do for everyone from the adults to the younger kids. Never would have expected the night to be so rememberable. Our stay was very rewarding. The staff made sure everything was in its place and were clean before arriving. They made everything so comfortable for me and my family. The people on the cruise were so nice and friendly to everyone. Even though the trip overall was very pricey, it was worth the experience I had with my family. I would recommend it to anybody and I would soon be returning to this excursion for a different event.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I found choosing itinerary options at Disney Cruise to be a fun, easy task with the assistance of the wonderful staff. They were extremely helpful and answered all of my questions thoroughly. The onboard amenities and services are both numerous and fantastic, too. Absolutely anything you could want or need is readily available plus the staff won't hesitate to recommend or help you decide what best suits you. The quality of my stay was so high that it was unmatched. It was beautiful, fun, and relaxing. Everything was completely wonderful for how affordable this experience was. A total bargain. I would happily pay more for such a great experience but I'm glad I didn't have to!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We had many activities for the kids and adults. We kept the kids busy enough during the day so they slept hard. The night life was really fun, drinking dancing and plenty of swingers to switch off with because that's how we roll. All night long that's what we like and we drank our fill. The meals were really yummy also. We partied all night and slept till noon! We just loved the open environment. The pool was lots of fun too. The cruise was very expensive but we can afford it. Business was good on the cruise.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I loved the cruise and enjoyed everything about it. Snorkeling was a lot of fun and adult dining was amazing. There was plenty to do in the nightclubs and there were a lot of pools onboard. The spa was beautiful as were the pools and water slides. The wifi worked very well and the theaters were very fun. Even when the weather was bad the ships staff always had things planned and activities going on. Moreover, the room service was efficient. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very spacious. The bathroom was perfect and very easy to use on a ship. The food was also delicious and would love to eat it again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We went through the Caribbean and then to the Bahamas. It was so beautiful, its beaches and the feeling of relaxing with the amazing drinks. The services were amazing. They were so careful with everything, always ask if needed something and really respectful. From the moment I enter till I left they were on point. I love how we were treated and how the rooms were kept clean. The food was delicious and any little thing we needed it was done how I asked for it to be. The value for pay was equal to what we were given. It was enjoyable which is one of the things I ask when going on vacation and it had it all. I will come back again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My family has been on the Disney cruise line numerous times. My mother planned everything out for my sister and I, and we enjoyed all of it. The cruise, Disney world, the beach and shopping. Onboard, the food, the drinks, all the activities, everything was included, which made it easier for my mom to enjoy the vacation she planned for her daughters. That's why I have recommended it to everyone. I have even been back to the same cruise line as an adult with my sister to get away and relax. But we enjoyed the adult part of the cruise line. I would give the cruise line five stars. The service was outstanding and that's the only cruise line my mother likes to go on.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We would have been better off taking a trip to the Walt Disney world resort. We would have gotten more bang for our buck for our family of 4 had we done it that way. Lots to do for the younger kids but it all seemed a bit juvenile for the tween crowd. The activities on board were just ok but still much better than other cruise lines that we have been on. The rooms were stocked with what you would imagine. Shampoo, conditioner, face soap and bath/body soap. But the brand was low end for what I would expect from the Disney line. I wish there were more and longer stops too. Some days we felt cooped up on the ship. Also the time off of the ship was too short. The excursions were a bit pricey and I wished that there was an all inclusive option which included excursions.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

The itinerary was very easy to follow and I enjoyed the way they set up the cruise. We enjoyed the activities and food setup for our family in our suite. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. I especially liked the in suite recommendation for ordering to our room. Also, the stay was very comfortable. I felt extremely safe on the trip and the staff made the stay fun, interesting, was very helpful and they weren't afraid to answer any questions we had for them. We thought it seemed pricey at first but once we experienced the cruise, we realized that for what we got it was actually a great value. You get what you pay for and more.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Children, teens, and adults can enjoy a Disney cruise. They have great choices of things to do for all ages. Food was delicious as well and there were many options. The people that worked on the crew were very nice and helpful. Maid services were always keeping up with what we needed. The stay was comfortable and relaxing. The room was very nice, clean, and quiet! It was also close enough to everything on the ship that we may want to get to. Value was great. It was well planned and put together.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Disney Cruises was very well planned out. The destination stops were fun, the food was really good and there was also a lot to do on the boat. We even had internet and cable tv. Our cabin was a bit small, but we were only in it for 5 days. The onboard amenities was very clean and with good housekeeping. It was my very first cruise so I think it went really well. We got a discount so the value was quite good. I highly recommend using Disney Cruise lines.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We were able to choose from a list of what we wanted to see & where we wanted to get off of the boat or at what stops. We both selected what places or things we wanted & then we compared our two lists together and made one. We were able to play some games outside but what we really loved is that we got A Euchre game going on inside & we played & played until our hearts were content. Plus, we went swimming, laid around our cabin & had some wonderful dinner & fine cuisine. We also loved our overnight stay. It was the first time for us. We were able to get our bags in our room. The cabin is awesome, 1 big bed & then we checked out our cabin, bathroom & such. Then we toured the boat! So big & amazing! Loved the dining room & entertainment. I believe we got our money's worth. For the fun we had, 6 nights & 7 days. Two complete stops, shopping & dining abroad - in a way that I never would have dreamed possible.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Great overnight stay and great rooms with nice size bed. There is enough room for you plus kids, luggage and bathroom. They have plenty of amenities and activities to keep the kids entertain for the whole day. They have plenty of services and a lot of people to help. Great food and drinks. Other than being pricey, it was a great cruise. I would go on it again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

When I took the Disney cruise I would say that the itinerary options are pretty good for various things we could do on shore and on their personal Island. I would definitely recommend their amenities and services. I love the spa that they had in the pools and the showers. The full-service spa with the steam room is definitely worth paying extra for. Other amenities included shopping. I went on the cruise on my birthday. I was very happy with my experience on Disney Cruise Line, but it was very much geared towards kids. There wasn't a whole lot for just adults to do. Everything is really geared towards families. For example just Disney karaoke. The prices were much higher on Disney Cruise Line but the overall price was a bit higher than the other cruise lines have been on. The food was bit better and the staff was friendlier.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We were very satisfied with all the different choices on board for the family as well as the excursions. Also, the food and drink selections were great. Lots of choices for family members of all ages and available for throughout the day. Pizza, sandwiches, etc. Our room was great and had a nice veranda so we could enjoy the view at sunset and also when we came to port. This was especially nice when we left NYC. Expensive but worth it. All our needs were taken care of so we didn't pay out of pocket much once we were on board. Only exception was having to pay for meals when on shore.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I liked the private island. Also, swimming with dolphins was a dream come true! Everything we wanted to do was available. My kids loved the clubhouse and water slides. There were many places for adults to have fun too! I like that my husband and I could drop the kids off at the clubhouse for a few hours knowing they would be safe and also having fun. The mattresses were super soft and with the gentle rocking of the boat lulled me to sleep each night. The pillows were also soft and comfortable. The Disney cruise included A LOT for the money but I do feel it could more cost effective. I've been on other cruises that were less expensive and almost as fun.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We got an all inclusive type deal so everything was included in the cruise. Only thing we had to pay for were like things that didn't involve the ship. Amazing service, the staff was amazing and they were super friendly. We had everything that we needed to stay on that ship. It was very clean and classy. I was very surprised by how nice our rooms were, they weren't even small. Food was great. For the price, you're getting what you pay for. I mean if you find a deal it's an amazing price.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I had a great experience with Disney Cruises. It was suitable for all. Can't believe how wonderful this adventure was. Expectation accurately presented. I enjoyed every second of this wonderfully put togetherness. Never thought I would have such and beautiful magnificent time. Would love to experience this again in the near future. Can't wait to plan and event eventually soon.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Disney's cruise services were great. There were many different activities to choose from, depending on what the age of your child is. My daughter really enjoyed it and I was rather surprised as an adult that I would actually have so much fun! There are people always walking around making sure you didn't need anything, and the amenities were great as expected. It was very expensive, but it was a great trip and I feel like my family got our money's worth. We made memories we will never forget.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

There was plenty of activities to do for every age in the family. It was very well organized. The night was very relaxing and we had great weather also. The food was great and we were able to get vegetarian meals by asking. Our rooms were always clean. The workers were always nice and willing to help. There weren't any distractions at all and everything was close by. The prices were good even though it was a cruise.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

We flew from NJ to Florida where the boat was docked. We set off from there and over the course of seven days we sailed and took port in several islands in the Caribbean. There were so many restaurants and amenities on board, loads of shopping, casinos with live entertainment, activities just for the kids, nightclubs, spa services and plenty of time to relax. This was my first cruise so the room sizes were smaller than I expected. However they were comfortable, beautiful and had great views. Also the hospitality staff were very attentive to all our needs. This was a once in a lifetime experience and was beyond our dreams. This cruise was much more in price than other cruise lines that offer a similar excursion.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

There were a variety of options that covered people of all athletic levels, with children or without and at convenient times throughout the days. We were never wanting for anything, be it food, towels, or entertainment. The staff was almost always on par with information and when confused, there was always someone who knew the answer. The cabins were nice and intimate. I'd imagine it would be great for a couple. The price for two people was quite surprisingly affordable, being very similar to a week + stay at WDW including a meal plan. Some of the excursions were pushing the 'pricey' level, but nothing too serious.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

They provided different activities for various types of people, some very high energy and some more laid back, overall almost anyone would be able to do something they enjoyed. For the place it had enough space for all of us, which was very good because I know that cruises can be very small and tight sometimes but it was good and I enjoyed the nights. However, they could have had better rooms with more things in them, and I would have appreciated thing like toothpaste and toothbrushes complimentary not an extra charge in case I would have forgotten an item. Most extra services had an extra cost to them that I did not like. There could have been better value for the money we spent. Everything was very expensive and any extra things we wanted to do cost more money and we didn't realize not everything was included in the price we initially paid.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

They have plenty of choices for me and my child to chose from and we never got bored or hungry. We stayed active the entire time. We always find something new to experience without having to repeat anything twice. Plus was about to trust that my son was off having fun in safe hands. Everything was top quality, from the food to the things they offered to adults and even children. Spend a good portion of swimming and enjoying delicious drinks while my son kept busy in most of the same areas as me. Got so much for your money on this cruise. Between the programs, the food, the child activities and drink specials, I would definitely say I got my money worth. I would definitely recommend my friends to take their child on this cruise line.

Disney Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While the Walt Disney Company has been around for almost a century, Disney Cruises first launched with a single ship in 1998, though the company was founded in 1995. Since then, the cruise line has expanded to four ships, all sailing out of Port Canaveral.

• Kid-friendly activities: Family friendly live shows, meeting Disney characters and deck parties are just a few of the on board activities suitable for families.
    • Dining options: Dining options include casual dining, dining in rooms with whimsical Disney themes and adult-exclusive dining.
    • Port adventures: Disney Cruise Lines offers port adventures geared around creating a memorable and fun family-friendly adventure at each port.
    • Online check-in: Guests can save time with Disney Cruises by checking in online before arrival at the dock.
    • Land and sea vacations: Disney's land and sea vacations combine a Disney Cruise with time spent at a Disney Resort for a rich Disney experience.
    • Best for: The Disney Cruises liner is best for families and the young at heart.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs