4.15/5

Looking for a travel site?

Disney Cruises

Looking for a travel site?

Disney Cruises Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Unlike the Disney Parks you can only put a limited number of people on a ship. It was refreshing to walk around the decks without having to dodge the cell phone zombies as you would constantly be doing in the Parks. The ship was clean and the staff and food were excellent, again very much unlike the Parks. We have given up on the Disney Parks after witnessing their quality getting worse year after year. The Cruise Ship was more like the Disney branded product I am used to seeing.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Disney Cruises have thought of everything. There is no detail or small item that Disney has not thought of. Communication was great. There was no confusion where to go for an excursion, show, or meals. Plenty of staff to help and very friendly. It was such a great experience! I went as a single mom with my two children, one having handicap exceptions and it was simply a great experience!

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

We just sailed on DCL for the 3rd time (on the Magic) and all three vacations have been spectacular! The staff is incredible, accommodating, and helpful. Our staterooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. (We always book rooms with a veranda- pricier but totally worth it!) The onboard entertainment is excellent; Broadway quality live shows, movie theaters that play new and old Disney films (we saw Captain Marvel- so good!) and the dinners are shows themselves. The rotational dining is awesome, and Animator's Palate is the coolest place to have dinner. So much fun for both kids and adults. My family loves the Promenade Lounge, adults relax with a cocktail and our kids dance to live music. DCL is more expensive than other cruise lines, I will give you that- but you get what you pay for, and it's worth every penny. We can't wait to sail again, and we booked our 4th cruise while still on board.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My cruise with my family this year and all other four were absolutely magical, unlike any other reviews which are probably B.S and all they wanna do is complain. No they don't upsell you on anything. The Food is the best I've ever had, yes there some unappetizing things here and there. There's is no bad service. Everyone is so helpful and caring and customer service is friendly. The second there's the boat was rocking back and forth, BUT WE'RE IN A BOAT, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We did our first ever cruise on the Disney fantasy in February of 2018. What a great time. It far exceeded our expectations. Boarding the ship in Port Canaveral was extremely easy. We walked on board for the first time and the lobby was absolutely beautiful. We spent the first hour on board walking around and getting a feel for where everything was on the ship. We ate lunch at Cabanas and it was a very good buffet. I was most impressed by the level of cleanliness that the crew makes every passenger go thru to dine. Sinks and hand wipes are at the entrance to the restaurants and they guide you to a place to make sure everyone is clean.

Sorry for digressing... The only drawback that I experienced is the amount of products that the staff was pushing the first day on board (water and beer). They were trying to sell cases of product and it was a bit of a hassle. I did buy a case of beer at a discounted price, so I guess that was worth it. After lunch our room was ready and we changed and hung out by the pool and my oldest daughter did the water slides. The pools are a little small, but from what I understand most cruise pools are. Soon it was time to sail and the sail away party was a great Disney production. We had a great time during the party. We went and explored the kids club (Oceaneers) with our two girls. They wanted to stay so the wife and I left them for a little so we could explore a little bit more of the ship.

Dinner was very good and the staff was exceptional. The dining staff stays with you for dinner every day and rotates thru the restaurants with you. They got to know our likes and dislikes, would make helpful suggestions, and always would play to our kids' happiness. We had a Star Wars day at sea and it was FANTASTIC. It started the night before with Darth Vadar taking over the ship. The following day all sorts of Star Wars characters were walking around the decks and halls. A lot of photo ops and a lot of fun. The fireworks were excellent. Just make sure you find a good spot to watch them each night.

The nightly shows are very good. Our entire family enjoyed them. One thing that we all liked was how accessible the characters were. We bumped into Cinderella in the hall, she stopped, gave a hug, took pictures and kept walking. You almost took for granted the characters would be around. They always had different costumes on for the different themes. Very easy to get pictures with them and you knew when they were scheduled to be placed. They would stay until everyone was happy.

Here is a list of things that I was very pleased with. Free ice cream on the pool deck all day. Help yourself! Free tea, milk and sodas on the pool deck all day. I never felt like there was any price gouging. Most everything is included on the ship. When I did buy an adult beverage, it was in line with what I would pay at a restaurant ($5-$6 for a beer and $8 for wine). The staff was great everywhere we went. Servers, room staff, bartenders, front desk, BB Boutique. Everything! Getting on and off the ship was EASY. The activities onboard were fun. Wine tastings, chocolate tastings, kids activities. All great! Castaway Cay was very beautiful. Plenty of seating and very clean. Snorkeling was very nice as well.

I met a lot of couples on board with no kids or grandkids. They all said the same thing. They love the Disney Cruise experience. The food, staff, etc. I tend to agree. I would do a Disney cruise without my kids, but they would not talk to me for a long time! Plenty of adult areas on board (Disney enforces the policy) and it is very nice. The onboard ship phones work very well as does the navigator for activities. The internet sucks and is very expensive. So if you must kept connected, prepare to spend a lot!

My only regret is that I didn't make a cruise reservation while onboard. You can save 10% while booking again for another cruise. You can move the dates and such and that would have saved between $600 and $900, depending on our next cruise. If you think you are going to go again, make sure that you book in advance. You can cancel and get your deposit back. We have booked again for October 2019, Halloween on the High Seas and I can't wait!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Cruises?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I would recommend this cruise line for thousands of customers all over the world because they are one of the best lines that could ever give good value and good qualities to satisfy human wants all over the country.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Love the theater and shopping. The food is great too. I enjoy the pools and the game room is a blast! I would want to go back to it annually if I could and had the money. It’s not cheap but is worth it. Wish everyone could afford it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Disney gets it right, lots to do for all ages. The rooms were large enough for me and two teenage boys. You're not in the staterooms very much anyway. The food is great, don't eat too much when you board because you'll have dinner in a couple of hrs. It is pricey, but it was worth it.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

It is a very good cruise line. Had fun and a very great experience. They get a A+ from me. Very nice people and very helpful. They are the best. I would recommend them to everybody. They are very good people and it was a fun experience. It was my first time and I loved it.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

The Disney cruise was okay, not the greatest. I went on an Alaskan cruise about 15 years ago on the Princess Line which I liked much better. The activities were better, the food better, the offshore activities were much better. My grandchildren, ages 7 & 9 weren’t even impressed with the Disney Cruise. I don’t think I would ever go on a Disney Cruise again.

Disney Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While the Walt Disney Company has been around for almost a century, Disney Cruises first launched with a single ship in 1998, though the company was founded in 1995. Since then, the cruise line has expanded to four ships, all sailing out of Port Canaveral.

• Kid-friendly activities: Family friendly live shows, meeting Disney characters and deck parties are just a few of the on board activities suitable for families.

• Dining options: Dining options include casual dining, dining in rooms with whimsical Disney themes and adult-exclusive dining.

• Port adventures: Disney Cruise Lines offers port adventures geared around creating a memorable and fun family-friendly adventure at each port.

• Online check-in: Guests can save time with Disney Cruises by checking in online before arrival at the dock.

• Land and sea vacations: Disney's land and sea vacations combine a Disney Cruise with time spent at a Disney Resort for a rich Disney experience.

• Best for: The Disney Cruises liner is best for families and the young at heart.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs