3.02/5
Based on 147 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

171 Disney Cruises Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My cruise with my family this year and all other four were absolutely magical, unlike any other reviews which are probably B.S and all they wanna do is complain. No they don't upsell you on anything. The Food is the best I've ever had, yes there some unappetizing things here and there. There's is no bad service. Everyone is so helpful and caring and customer service is friendly. The second there's the boat was rocking back and forth, BUT WE'RE IN A BOAT, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Just horrible customer service. My family and I had to cancel our cruise trip last year due to illness, we were suppose to be given 75% credit to use on another Disney Cruise, but every time I call to find out about my credit, they can't locate my credit. I did purchase Disney Cruise insurance protection plan (Aon Affinity Travel) which was complete waste of money, it doesn't insure anything. Aon Affinity Travel insurance company denied my claim, even after being provided written doctor's note. Aon assured me, that even though they denied my claim, that I would be provided 75% credit to use on another Disney Cruise. They said that the next step I needed to take was to contact Disney Cruise customer service to inquire about my 75% credit.

The issue is, whenever I call Disney Cruise to inquire about my credit, their representatives are unable to locate my credit! Then I'm promised to that I will get a callback from a manager. The "manager" never calls me back. I've called over 10 times since last year, I get the same runaround every time! Extremely disappointed with the horrible customer service. I would NEVER purchase Disney Cruise ticket again!??

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We did our first ever cruise on the Disney fantasy in February of 2018. What a great time. It far exceeded our expectations. Boarding the ship in Port Canaveral was extremely easy. We walked on board for the first time and the lobby was absolutely beautiful. We spent the first hour on board walking around and getting a feel for where everything was on the ship. We ate lunch at Cabanas and it was a very good buffet. I was most impressed by the level of cleanliness that the crew makes every passenger go thru to dine. Sinks and hand wipes are at the entrance to the restaurants and they guide you to a place to make sure everyone is clean.

Sorry for digressing... The only drawback that I experienced is the amount of products that the staff was pushing the first day on board (water and beer). They were trying to sell cases of product and it was a bit of a hassle. I did buy a case of beer at a discounted price, so I guess that was worth it. After lunch our room was ready and we changed and hung out by the pool and my oldest daughter did the water slides. The pools are a little small, but from what I understand most cruise pools are. Soon it was time to sail and the sail away party was a great Disney production. We had a great time during the party. We went and explored the kids club (Oceaneers) with our two girls. They wanted to stay so the wife and I left them for a little so we could explore a little bit more of the ship.

Dinner was very good and the staff was exceptional. The dining staff stays with you for dinner every day and rotates thru the restaurants with you. They got to know our likes and dislikes, would make helpful suggestions, and always would play to our kids' happiness. We had a Star Wars day at sea and it was FANTASTIC. It started the night before with Darth Vadar taking over the ship. The following day all sorts of Star Wars characters were walking around the decks and halls. A lot of photo ops and a lot of fun. The fireworks were excellent. Just make sure you find a good spot to watch them each night.

The nightly shows are very good. Our entire family enjoyed them. One thing that we all liked was how accessible the characters were. We bumped into Cinderella in the hall, she stopped, gave a hug, took pictures and kept walking. You almost took for granted the characters would be around. They always had different costumes on for the different themes. Very easy to get pictures with them and you knew when they were scheduled to be placed. They would stay until everyone was happy.

Here is a list of things that I was very pleased with. Free ice cream on the pool deck all day. Help yourself! Free tea, milk and sodas on the pool deck all day. I never felt like there was any price gouging. Most everything is included on the ship. When I did buy an adult beverage, it was in line with what I would pay at a restaurant ($5-$6 for a beer and $8 for wine). The staff was great everywhere we went. Servers, room staff, bartenders, front desk, BB Boutique. Everything! Getting on and off the ship was EASY. The activities onboard were fun. Wine tastings, chocolate tastings, kids activities. All great! Castaway Cay was very beautiful. Plenty of seating and very clean. Snorkeling was very nice as well.

I met a lot of couples on board with no kids or grandkids. They all said the same thing. They love the Disney Cruise experience. The food, staff, etc. I tend to agree. I would do a Disney cruise without my kids, but they would not talk to me for a long time! Plenty of adult areas on board (Disney enforces the policy) and it is very nice. The onboard ship phones work very well as does the navigator for activities. The internet sucks and is very expensive. So if you must kept connected, prepare to spend a lot!

My only regret is that I didn't make a cruise reservation while onboard. You can save 10% while booking again for another cruise. You can move the dates and such and that would have saved between $600 and $900, depending on our next cruise. If you think you are going to go again, make sure that you book in advance. You can cancel and get your deposit back. We have booked again for October 2019, Halloween on the High Seas and I can't wait!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Excellent service. We found the crew helpful and knowledgeable of the ship. We love the making up our bed at all times of day. We also found the getting on board the ship very organized.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Couldn’t agree more. Myself and family saved for 5 years to go on a Disney cruise. What a disappointment. The state rooms are noisy and constantly make creaking sounds from any ripple not waves in the ocean. Spent 5 long nights on the Disney wonder and it was the worst vacation of my life. Staff was somewhat empathetic to our situation and offered earplugs after realizing we spent $7000 for this terrible ships accommodations. Food wasn’t anything special and activities are cramped and way overrated. Called Disney corporate in Florida upon return and they offered us a 25 percent discount on return cruise? Disney will never get my money again and I tell everyone to avoid Disney cruise ships at all cost. Would not return or recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Cruises?

Original review: June 10, 2018

We took a cruise 3/25- 3/29/18 on the Disney Wonder. It was my partner's end of life cruise, her parents were there, her brother and nieces and nephews as well. We purchased a photo package and took lots of photos. When we were at the photo center on the ship - we got help from them identifying our photos and putting them in order for the USB. We left the ship not concerned about what was on the photo USB because our primary goal was to care for our loved one. She passed away 5/5/18 and when we started putting our pictures in order for the memorial - we realized that many of our photos were missing from the cruise. We emailed and called the photo department and asked them to please help us locate our missing photos, we were told because we were asking for the photos 6 weeks after the cruise date - we might be able to get the photos.

If we hadn't been told on the cruise that the photos would be on the USB, I would have completely understood this. When we explained this to the department, they located 1 photo. I then called and begged them to help us find some of the photos (2 full weeks after we started the process) and they found 6 more photos and to be clear we took over 300 photos, so the fact that so many were missing and unretrievable is WRONG in my book and I find it absurd they could find some but not all the photos we took. I am incredibly disappointed in the photo department and Disney overall. We will not ever be recommending a Disney cruise to anyone. They really let me down.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We would like to start off with stating that we were overall disappointed in the cruise. We ordered a photo book which contains 30 of the best pictures we had on the ship. Unless you stood in the long lines for the Disney characters there were not many photos to choose from. Usually on a cruise ship at every port they are set up to take photos at every port. Disney was not there. We lost power to part of the ship for 1.5 days so we didn't get to see the animations come alive or others, Disney did credit each stateroom with $100 to spend in their store which is very high priced.

For the first 2 days Disney crew members had to do everything for us especially in the dining room as supposedly the prior ship had someone sick so they were under extra precautions but on the third day they let things ease up somewhat. I was chewed on for reaching and getting a carton of milk right in front of me at the buffet but on the third day I was able to get my own. Disney dumped us off in Cozumel where people followed and bugged you constantly to buy from them and rode in a horrible taxi provided through Disney that was a piece of junk smoking and seats not bolted down and ripped and stinky. Jamaica which were not in the safest of areas either for people with children. They even state if you go past the fence in the town of Falmouth enter at your own risk.

Don't take the overpriced excursions either. We went to take a submarine to see beautiful Coral and fish but the coral was dead and brown and very few fish to be found. We asked the lady running the register at the excursion site and she said, "Yeah when it rains not many fish come around." So we spend 520 dollars for the 4 of us to see brown rocks and white sand. Very disappointed and when got back on Disney Cruise Ship all the port excursions manager could say was, "Who told that?" and asked several times what her name was. Not sorry that the excursion didn't work out. If they know that the coral is dead and the rain affects the fish sightings then why wasn't the excursion cancelled and our money refunded instead of tough luck. Of course then, when it rained on Disney Private island all excursions were cancelled.

Our kids are 9 & 10 and we thought they would enjoy the cruise but they even spent 90% of their time at the pool or sometimes the kids' club which we can do on any cruise ship. Disney Cruise is way overpriced. We can honestly say that the only parts we enjoyed was Jack Sparrow presentation on Pirate night and our 2 wonderful servers who deserve better. We will be spending our next cruise on Royal Caribbean. Same cruise is 3,500 for Royal Caribbean and Disney is 6,500 for inside room plus all upcharges in anything you do.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My wife and kids went on a Disney Cruise as part of our first vacation with our young kids. From day one we felt like our family was part of a third world country flea market. Every single person tried to upsell us on all services imaginable. It progressively got worse when my son stepped on a seashell inside the boat. We went to the Ship emergency room and the nurse gave my wife a disgusted look for treating this as an emergency? (My son's foot was infected for three days.) She then proceeded to charge us 350 dollars for putting a band aid and covering his foot with a bandage??? We asked for a recommendation of where to purchase a watch from Sal; the boats shopping guide. What I didn't realize is Disney collects 7 percent commission from Diamond Exchange.

Instead of taking advantage of Caribbean wholesale pricing, merchants told me he has to give my discount to Disney because I brought in the VIP cards received at the boat. Everything on the boat comes with automatic 15 percent gratuity on the bill regardless of the purchase. Disney also charges me 300 of mandatory gratuity to have my room cleaned and dinners served which I never eat because food on the ship was awful. (One of my waiters even told me Disney is never known for tasty or quality food.) I later found out they pass the cost of their staff and overhead to their guests by only paying roughly 10 percent of their salary and making guests pay set amount of mandatory gratuity to offset their costs and ultimately increase profit margins.

Coffee on ship was bad, of course I had the option of purchasing coffee at three dollars for a small cup? (Spent 150 on coffee alone throughout the week for my wife and I.) They charge you for popcorn and water? The only time I had a good dinner at the boat was when I skipped dinner (last three nights) and decided to pay for a good meal at one of their restaurants. This cost me 600 for the three nights?

I paid 6500 for the cruise and over 4000 on board as everything was an upcharge and I was scammed into buying items I never wanted or needed? Every night one of the waiters upsold my 4 and 5 year old kids souvenir cups, of course I had to purchase as my kids wouldn’t eat and my waiter tricked them into thinking they were magical cups? My wife decided to get a $185 / 50 minute massage to alleviate the stress we were experiencing, sure enough the therapist literally tried to upsell my wife on 700 worth of product. My wife cried the entire night and had to buy 50 worth of product at the end as she felt very vulnerable. This was a horrible cruise, Royal Caribbean is at least half the price and much more professional.

Management is borderline rude and their employers are taught and mandated to upsell guests on useless products. I still can't believe guests pay 90 percent if their service staff wages with mandatory gratuity that's beyond the price of the boat? Adding insult to injury last night plumbing for my entire floor was. Time, our room smelled like a sewer, we had to spend five hours at their pool and restaurant until issue was fixed. My kids were cranky and exhausted, just horrible!!!

Original review: March 25, 2018

We were on Disney Dream cruise that sailed March 2/2018 to March 5/2018. On the third day 03/04 there was a wind, so they cancelled Castaway island (Disney private island) and we spent that day on the cruise. I really disappointed, the most important point to choose Disney cruise is the stop at Castaway Cay. I strongly expect that the Disney will give some form of concessions to its guests. Unfortunately, they didn’t do anything, they didn’t give any indemnity or concessions.

It was so sad, disappointing. We are students. We hardly find time and money to go this trip. We have never been on any Disney cruise before. We spent so much money on flights from Philadelphia, PA to Orlando, FL, we rent a car to go to Port Canaveral. That day I talked with Guest Services when we were on the cruise but they told that no concessions will make to the passengers. After we back from the cruise, I sent an email asking them for compensation, but they didn't respond until today, I never hear back from them.

In addition, I forgot an expensive important item on stateroom, I called them every day asking if they find it. Each time they respond with the same response "Unfortunately, nothing matching the description of the item has been turned in. When the Dream returns, we will take another look and should anything matching the description turn up, we will let you know", and surprisingly they never get back to me. The first two days we were so happy and thinking to repeat the same experience with our friend and family and recommend it to them. But now, we will never ever do any Disney vacations again. And when my school's professors and classmates asked me, I did not recommend it to them and I told them my awful experience.

Original review: March 9, 2018

During our cruise on the Disney Dream 3/2-3/5, the ship was unable to dock at Castaway Cay (Disney's private island) due to strong winds, and thus had to spend the day at sea. I understand that this was unavoidable, and that the safety of everyone on board is the foremost concern. However, that doesn't change the fact that the main selling point of this cruise -- the stop at Castaway Cay -- was negated.

To give more context around this, we are from Arizona and have never been on a Disney Cruise before. We had been saving up for over a year to make this trip. We looked at doing a Pacific Disney cruise sailing out of California since we could drive our vehicle there from Arizona (and thus wouldn't have to spend money on flights nor rental car). However, we had heard from multiple friends how amazing Castaway Cay is, so we decided to spend the extra $2000 on flights/rental car to fly across the country and sail out of Port Canaveral. We were absolutely crushed when we heard the announcement in the morning of 3/4 that, due to strong winds, we wouldn't be able to dock at Castaway Cay. I had expected that Disney would make some form of concessions to its guests (such as a 50% discount on a repeat cruise or something to that effect), but nothing of the sort was offered.

I spoke to Guest Services about this, while on the ship, and was told that no concessions would be made to any passengers for this inconvenience. She told me that if I wanted to, I could email Guest Relations after my cruise as well. I did so, and this is the response I received: "I apologize that you were unable to experience Disney Castaway Cay during your voyage as a result of unfavorable weather conditions. Our Captains carefully consider their options when they are unable to dock at Disney Castaway Cay. We typically substitute Disney Castaway Cay for a day at sea with additional onboard activities and programming. As the safety of our Guests and Crew is our top priority, we advise that ports of call are subject to change at any time, and are unable to provide any type of consideration. Again, I apologize for the disappointment this has caused and appreciate your understanding."

In my opinion, this response flies in the face of the spirit that Disney portrays as being so customer-focused and family-friendly. I understand that weather conditions are out of anyone's control. However, I am very surprised that -- for the sake of customer retention -- Disney doesn't offer any concessions when the main selling point of a cruise (in this case, going to Castaway Cay) has to be canceled. My children and wife absolutely loved the cruise and are already talking about wanting to go again, but I now have a very bitter taste in my mouth, and don't plan on doing any Disney-related vacations ever again.

Original review: March 4, 2018

When my husband and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary, we paid for 22 family members to join us on the Disney Wonder 5 day cruise. We experienced having the sewer backup in two rooms and soaking the rugs in three of our rooms on two mornings in a row... Each day when we came back to our rooms, plumbers were trying to fix the problem and house cleaning was working in our rooms trying to clean up the mess. One of our grand-daughters was so troubled by getting up in the night and finding the floor wet that she refused to drink so she wouldn't have to go to the bathroom in their room at night and risk walking in the sewer water.

Disney staff never came to apologize for the inconvenience. When we filled out the survey at the end of our cruise, we mentioned our disappointment, but never received a response. I wrote to Disney and someone from the guest relations, wrote back and said, "You were on an older ship and these things are to be expected!". This is not what we expected from Disney! We have been to Disney World many times and were always impressed with the staff and company! I guess they have enough business now so that they don't need or want ours.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I had booked a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Disney Wonder for March 11 2016 but due to unforeseen circumstances had to cancel. The trip insurance guaranteed a 75% cruise credit that I never received despite many e-mail, letters and countless hours of phone calls. Have been denied any form of credit and reimbursements on a 13000$ cruise. Magical World of Disney... what a joke!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We took our two kids, 6 and almost 2, and will never cruise Disney again. Note: The 6-year-old loved it, no one else had fun. Dory's Reef: This is the only place a little ones can play outdoors. Period. It is a segregated area, approximately 100 square feet in size, where little ones are stuck. There are no other outdoor activities for not potty trained kids or kids under 3. Small World Nursery: They referred to my son by the wrong name the entire time, despite corrections. When we picked him up after about 2 hours, we were told that he was sad but didn't want to be held, so they just left him in a crib!!! They left my 21 month old son alone and crying in a crib for 2 hours. I could have done that for free... At home. $10/hour for childcare my **. Can you imagine?

Where was the food? I've been on cruises before and there was always plenty of seafood. In fact, plenty of everything. Cruising and overeating are nearly synonymous. The Cabanas buffet had some crappy crab claws (no legs!) and no butter. The dinner service never offered lobster or crab. And, the buffet closed. No midnight buffet, no mid-day snacking, only small windows of time where you can eat. No duty free shopping. There were soda machines and water fountains on Deck 9 near the buffet. That's it. So, if you wanted a drink or to fill your water bottle, you had to go all the way to that single spot. As I said, I've been on cruises before and availability of things to eat and drink was never in short supply. Medical Staff: This is a cruise filled with kids. Kids get sick. Ours did. When I called for a doctor, they offered us Pedialyte pops. That's it.

No Kids Oversight: The kids club area was nice and had a lot of staff, but they didn't really engage the kids. No real group activities that were led or encouraged. My son is a little shy, so he ended up spending a large portion of our (super expensive) cruise playing video games on an iPad. End-of-Cruise Amenities: There was a deck party at 10 pm on the last night, but not a single restaurant was open immediately before for snacks. Afterward, the buffet opened but could not handle literally every single person on the ship trying to eat simultaneously. So, we attempted to order room service to be told that Mac-and-Cheese would be an hour wait!!!

Characters: There were a few non-princess characters on board: Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip and Dale. Maybe Stitch? Then some princesses and Captain Jack. But none were "around" as promised or how they are in the parks. Instead, they had pre-set appearance times where you could stand in line for an hour to get a picture with them. That's it. Chip and Dale? Seriously? Pools: There were 2 kids' pools. The one in the aqua lab was only about 2 1/2' deep (so it would have been great for my toddler who wasn't allowed in it). And Goofy's pool is about the size of a hotel pool. That's it. They were heated, which was nice.

Value: We went on a 3-night cruise in a lower end stateroom (small but w/ a window). We paid $2,600 for this short little cruise, not counting airfare and tips. All together, we spent nearly $4,000 on a 4-day vacation. We did it for our kids... We spent double what other cruises cost for our kids. The baby was mistreated by staff and had nothing to do. My older son got a 2 small pools and a waterslide. Never again. Disney has gotten its last dime from me. I feel like they stole from me... My money, my time, my vacation that I'd worked so hard for. Disney took it from me. Never ever again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We had booked our third cruise with Disney and was excited to be sailing until hurricane Irma. Disney cancelled cruise due to hurricane and promising to refund customers. We called customer service to move reservation to another date, only to be told all dates for remaining were not discounted and we would have to wait until after September 18th or have travel agent call after 13th to get new pricing as rates were going up. Instead of assisting with rebooking, supervisor says, “There nothing we are willing to do until then and there isn't anything you can do because we're Disney and pricing is what it is.” When asked about the refund, the supervisor stated sometime after the 18th, but couldn't provide details and stated it was Disney’s policy to not provide any further information. When asked for a policy number or reference of our communication, the supervisor hung up.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

We traveled with Disney Cruise Lines twice already to celebrate our kid’s birthdays and we recently booked our 3rd trip to do the same. Less than a week from booking the trip a cheaper fare was released/advertised. We called to see if there's anything they could do for us, and that's when we learned that Disney Cruise Lines was unable to re assign us. Our option was to pay over $640 in cancellations fees and book the cheaper rate, which at the end of the day will only save us about $40. Our next step will be to try their customer service email and also postal address to see if there's anything they can do for us, but we wanted to share our experience hoping it help future customers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

We have never been on a cruise. My husband and I are big Disney fans, so who else do you trust but Disney. The parks are always so nice and clean, and the cast members are always helpful, very nice, and full of info. Knowing how Disney treats in the resorts (like kings and queens) we decided to book our 30th wedding anniversary cruise through Disney. We have never cruised so we wanted confidence that everything would go without a hitch.

Everything was perfect from room to shows to activities and oh the food OMG, have never seen so much food. The trip was wonderful and we are planning a second. Some say a little pricey, well remember you pay for what you get. I will never cruise with any other line. We met people that have done other lines and they keep coming back to Disney. Had several people tell us Disney is the only way to go. I can't say enough about this cruise. Our wait staff was worth gold. I can't wait till we go another.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The food, the activities, the staff, and the cleanliness of the ship were amazing. I would definitely recommend families who are looking for a getaway with the kids, THIS IS IT! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

It's the perfect vacation with family with fantastic fun, great adventure, and wonderful people who makes you feel special and great adventure. It's worth it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The itinerary option was very easy to do and helpful. It made the cruise a lot more fun. The amenities and rooms were awesome. They had nice size rooms with comfy beds. I felt very comfortable with the stay overnight which is a good thing because I usually don't like staying anywhere other than my own home. The overnight stay was very nice. The staff was also so helpful with anything we needed. They couldn't have been more friendly. This cruise is a great value and it had everything it said it would. We had a lot more fun than we expected to. I would definitely recommend this to my family and friends. We will definitely be coming back for another cruise.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The Disney Cruise was better than I had expected. There were so much to do for everyone from the adults to the younger kids. Never would have expected the night to be so rememberable. Our stay was very rewarding. The staff made sure everything was in its place and were clean before arriving. They made everything so comfortable for me and my family. The people on the cruise were so nice and friendly to everyone. Even though the trip overall was very pricey, it was worth the experience I had with my family. I would recommend it to anybody and I would soon be returning to this excursion for a different event.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I found choosing itinerary options at Disney Cruise to be a fun, easy task with the assistance of the wonderful staff. They were extremely helpful and answered all of my questions thoroughly. The onboard amenities and services are both numerous and fantastic, too. Absolutely anything you could want or need is readily available plus the staff won't hesitate to recommend or help you decide what best suits you. The quality of my stay was so high that it was unmatched. It was beautiful, fun, and relaxing. Everything was completely wonderful for how affordable this experience was. A total bargain. I would happily pay more for such a great experience but I'm glad I didn't have to!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We had many activities for the kids and adults. We kept the kids busy enough during the day so they slept hard. The night life was really fun, drinking dancing and plenty of swingers to switch off with because that's how we roll. All night long that's what we like and we drank our fill. The meals were really yummy also. We partied all night and slept till noon! We just loved the open environment. The pool was lots of fun too. The cruise was very expensive but we can afford it. Business was good on the cruise.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I loved the cruise and enjoyed everything about it. Snorkeling was a lot of fun and adult dining was amazing. There was plenty to do in the nightclubs and there were a lot of pools onboard. The spa was beautiful as were the pools and water slides. The wifi worked very well and the theaters were very fun. Even when the weather was bad the ships staff always had things planned and activities going on. Moreover, the room service was efficient. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very spacious. The bathroom was perfect and very easy to use on a ship. The food was also delicious and would love to eat it again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We went through the Caribbean and then to the Bahamas. It was so beautiful, its beaches and the feeling of relaxing with the amazing drinks. The services were amazing. They were so careful with everything, always ask if needed something and really respectful. From the moment I enter till I left they were on point. I love how we were treated and how the rooms were kept clean. The food was delicious and any little thing we needed it was done how I asked for it to be. The value for pay was equal to what we were given. It was enjoyable which is one of the things I ask when going on vacation and it had it all. I will come back again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My family has been on the Disney cruise line numerous times. My mother planned everything out for my sister and I, and we enjoyed all of it. The cruise, Disney world, the beach and shopping. Onboard, the food, the drinks, all the activities, everything was included, which made it easier for my mom to enjoy the vacation she planned for her daughters. That's why I have recommended it to everyone. I have even been back to the same cruise line as an adult with my sister to get away and relax. But we enjoyed the adult part of the cruise line. I would give the cruise line five stars. The service was outstanding and that's the only cruise line my mother likes to go on.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We would have been better off taking a trip to the Walt Disney world resort. We would have gotten more bang for our buck for our family of 4 had we done it that way. Lots to do for the younger kids but it all seemed a bit juvenile for the tween crowd. The activities on board were just ok but still much better than other cruise lines that we have been on. The rooms were stocked with what you would imagine. Shampoo, conditioner, face soap and bath/body soap. But the brand was low end for what I would expect from the Disney line. I wish there were more and longer stops too. Some days we felt cooped up on the ship. Also the time off of the ship was too short. The excursions were a bit pricey and I wished that there was an all inclusive option which included excursions.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

The itinerary was very easy to follow and I enjoyed the way they set up the cruise. We enjoyed the activities and food setup for our family in our suite. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. I especially liked the in suite recommendation for ordering to our room. Also, the stay was very comfortable. I felt extremely safe on the trip and the staff made the stay fun, interesting, was very helpful and they weren't afraid to answer any questions we had for them. We thought it seemed pricey at first but once we experienced the cruise, we realized that for what we got it was actually a great value. You get what you pay for and more.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Children, teens, and adults can enjoy a Disney cruise. They have great choices of things to do for all ages. Food was delicious as well and there were many options. The people that worked on the crew were very nice and helpful. Maid services were always keeping up with what we needed. The stay was comfortable and relaxing. The room was very nice, clean, and quiet! It was also close enough to everything on the ship that we may want to get to. Value was great. It was well planned and put together.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Disney Cruises was very well planned out. The destination stops were fun, the food was really good and there was also a lot to do on the boat. We even had internet and cable tv. Our cabin was a bit small, but we were only in it for 5 days. The onboard amenities was very clean and with good housekeeping. It was my very first cruise so I think it went really well. We got a discount so the value was quite good. I highly recommend using Disney Cruise lines.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We were able to choose from a list of what we wanted to see & where we wanted to get off of the boat or at what stops. We both selected what places or things we wanted & then we compared our two lists together and made one. We were able to play some games outside but what we really loved is that we got A Euchre game going on inside & we played & played until our hearts were content. Plus, we went swimming, laid around our cabin & had some wonderful dinner & fine cuisine. We also loved our overnight stay. It was the first time for us. We were able to get our bags in our room. The cabin is awesome, 1 big bed & then we checked out our cabin, bathroom & such. Then we toured the boat! So big & amazing! Loved the dining room & entertainment. I believe we got our money's worth. For the fun we had, 6 nights & 7 days. Two complete stops, shopping & dining abroad - in a way that I never would have dreamed possible.

Disney Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

While the Walt Disney Company has been around for almost a century, Disney Cruises first launched with a single ship in 1998, though the company was founded in 1995. Since then, the cruise line has expanded to four ships, all sailing out of Port Canaveral.

• Kid-friendly activities: Family friendly live shows, meeting Disney characters and deck parties are just a few of the on board activities suitable for families.

• Dining options: Dining options include casual dining, dining in rooms with whimsical Disney themes and adult-exclusive dining.

• Port adventures: Disney Cruise Lines offers port adventures geared around creating a memorable and fun family-friendly adventure at each port.

• Online check-in: Guests can save time with Disney Cruises by checking in online before arrival at the dock.

• Land and sea vacations: Disney's land and sea vacations combine a Disney Cruise with time spent at a Disney Resort for a rich Disney experience.

• Best for: The Disney Cruises liner is best for families and the young at heart.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs