Disney Cruises

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The itinerary was very easy to follow and I enjoyed the way they set up the cruise. We enjoyed the activities and food setup for our family in our suite. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. I especially liked the in suite recommendation for ordering to our room. Also, the stay was very comfortable. I felt extremely safe on the trip and the staff made the stay fun, interesting, was very helpful and they weren't afraid to answer any questions we had for them. However, we thought it seemed pricey at first but once we experienced the cruise, we realized that for what we got it was actually a great value. You get what you pay for and more.

When I took the Disney cruise I would say that the itinerary options are pretty good for various things we could do on shore and on their personal Island. I would definitely recommend their amenities and services. I love the spa that they had in the pools and the showers. The full-service spa with the steam room is definitely worth paying extra for. Other amenities included shopping. I went on the cruise on my birthday. I was very happy with my experience on Disney Cruise Line, but it was very much geared towards kids. There wasn't a whole lot for just adults to do. Everything is really geared towards families. For example just Disney karaoke. The prices were much higher on Disney Cruise Line but the overall price was a bit higher than the other cruise lines have been on. The food was bit better and the staff was friendlier.

I liked the private island. Also, swimming with dolphins was a dream come true! Everything we wanted to do was available. My kids loved the clubhouse and water slides. There were many places for adults to have fun too! I like that my husband and I could drop the kids off at the clubhouse for a few hours knowing they would be safe and also having fun. The mattresses were super soft and with the gentle rocking of the boat lulled me to sleep each night. The pillows were also soft and comfortable. The Disney cruise included A LOT for the money but I do feel it could more cost effective. I've been on other cruises that were less expensive and almost as fun.

I had a great experience with Disney Cruises. It was suitable for all. Can't believe how wonderful this adventure was. Expectation accurately presented. I enjoyed every second of this wonderfully put togetherness. Never thought I would have such and beautiful magnificent time. Would love to experience this again in the near future. Can't wait to plan and event eventually soon.

There was plenty of activities to do for every age in the family. It was very well organized. The night was very relaxing and we had great weather also. The food was great and we were able to get vegetarian meals by asking. Our rooms were always clean. The workers were always nice and willing to help. There weren't any distractions at all and everything was close by. The prices were good even though it was a cruise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Cruises?

The options from the bedrooms to playtime to night life and the food were all great options that you could choose to form specifically for you and your needs. The staff, the food and the view were all amazing, and the ability to get off on shore and sight see was great. Plus the ability to take my children and still be able to relax is the best part. I felt well and fully rested. The service and things were amazing, but for the amount and length of time that we took seemed a bit pricey. Though it seemed that way it was well worth what we paid.

The whole time we were busy and have a full schedule of fun and we were doing things as a family. The itinerary was a handful but at the end of the day if you stick to it then you will definitely have a good time. Our family was laughing and having fun the whole time. We had created more memories than ever and it was nice to be together. The cruise lines onboard amenities and services were neat and it felt like a 5 star hotel except for when the cleaning lady woke us up early because she wanted to clean our room. But I do love the staff. They were super friendly. Financially it was expensive for our family because we only have one member in our household working, but it was worth it.

We went to the Bahamas and stayed eight nights. We went to Nassau Key West and Disney Castaway Cay. It was fun for the entire family. We have decided to make this an annual family vacation. The room we chose was the family Concierge. We had a large private veranda which included an ocean view. This would be recommended if you are one who prefers luxury but have a large family to accommodate. The quality of our overnight stay was exceptional. I would consider it a 5 star status. Not only were the staff accommodating, but they were also very helpful. The entertainment was also fun for the entire family. The value of our cruise was exceptional. For the amount of money we spent, does not equal to or even close to the experience in all the places that we went. We would've spent five times as much money going to the places that we went including the entertainment.

Beware of the charges on the ship after you sign up, particularly for port adventures. My wife, me and my son signed up for a "Snorkel adventure" at Atlantis in the Bahamas only to find it as in a dirty outdoor aquarium next to the hotel. Water was cold as we climbed out on slimy rocks. It cost $269 per person for 45 minutes in a fish tank. Upon complaining to guest services to get a refund, they refused. We escalated to senior management and they also refused to refund us for our disgusting "adventure". They are rude, unaccommodating and I would never let Disney get a dime of my money.

They have many options for you to choose from. I got to go Disneyland for 3 days which had included hotel and flight. The other 2 days I decided to go to universal studios and it was an amazing experience. A true place for happiness. Great dining areas to eat at on board, entertainment was on point, and especially loved the pools while sipping margaritas for adults only. It was a nice experience to sail on the ocean as well so great view. Overnight stay was awesome while being on board. It was just relaxing for me & I would definitely choose to go on again. The workers were very accommodating, food was great, the view is on point, I loved the pool and sunbathing. Definitely worth the money I paid for on this cruise. It's a nice getaway cruise. You will be very satisfied & the room is awesome as well.

Includes options for everyone, both individually and as a group. Placed meals at optimal times to allow for rest. Destinations were reached in timely manners and group activities were engaging and allowed for us to meet new people. Room service was very attentive. Spa services were relaxing. Customer service was helpful and timely, attentive. Rooms were spacious with everything I needed to entertain and care for my entire family and even added space to be left alone at times. Rooms were amazing with a wonderful view. Beds were comfortable. The spacious area allowed for everyone to have their own comfort zone. Bathrooms were beautiful as well. Very nice space. For the amount of people we had in our group, the days we stayed, the destinations, the meal plan, discounts courtesy of AAA, it was a great value to spend on a cruise.

There were so many itinerary options to choose from meeting all the Disney characters, to seeing Disney character shows just like you would see at Disney World but so much more better because it's more one on one. The amenities and service were above and beyond what we could ever ask for it was truly magical, I would expect nothing less from Disney. The quality of stay was fantastic. The room was great size for a cruise ship with all the feel that you would expect from Disney. There were Disney pictures throughout the room. It is the same value that you would see from all the other cruise ships like Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise lines but if you love Disney you wouldn't care.

It was a wonderful itinerary. I had a great deal of fun on this trip. I was able to have fun as an adult just as I did as a child. The trip was wonderful and the services we lovely. The amenities made me feel like a kid again. I'd recommend it to anyone that is interested in this cruise. I found it too lovely and I'd use again and again. The price was very affordable. I found it to be the cheapest out of all other choices that I was looking through. I absolutely love it!!

Easy to understand and navigate. It was an amazing experience that allowed me to enjoy time with my family. The customer service was perfect and everything was included in the itinerary. Awesome customer service, great food, comfortable beds, cleanliness throughout the cruise, great entertainment, overall it was a magical experience. Great for a family vacation and the places we went to were phenomenal and breathtaking. Very happy with my stay at Disney cruise. It was an amazing experience that I am looking forward to experiencing again with my family. My kids had a great time and so did I. Everything was perfect from the moment we got on the cruise. Amazing value because you get to go to so many different islands through the Caribbean and enjoy amazing food and great entertainment for a great price.

They were very accommodating people, nice. The food was great, the rooms and boarding was awesome. Very convenient, very fast, very helpful. It was plenty to do. Views were very nice. All in all it was a very nice trip. Like I said it was just the jacuzzi was not working but the pool and the slides were great. The amenities were great when they are functional. The pool was open. It was warm and nice. It has a slide little water cannons and the kids really enjoyed themselves. There was shuffleboard, checkers, hopscotch, you name it they basically had it. Even pool, volleyball. It had a nice little workout facility.

The bed has comfortable. Sheets was clean. The road was very clean and nice and Stewart or the person that worked our floor was always coming checking on us making sure everything was okay if we needed anything. Great sleep. Also had like a wake-up call or whatever you want to call it. The value of the trip was a bit pricey but overall it was worth it. I guess I'm just stuck on the fact that the jacuzzi wasn't working and I can't remember if there was a sauna or not but overall the trip was nice. I can't say as much as I want to say about the food. It was just awesome.

We saw a musical, went swimming in the a couple of different themed pools, ate at two different themed restaurants, and took advantage of the spa. Our son wasn't feeling well second day in, and the cruise liner's physician and staff were wonderful. The room service was slow and food a lukewarm. The trip was about the kids and the had a blast from start to finish despite our youngest getting sick the second day into the cruise. My husband and I enjoyed it as well. It was expensive but so worth the enjoyment our children got out of it. The entertainment was great, the staff was wonderful, the activities fun, and food was good.

We got to choose from and a lot of itinerary options. We went to different locations, eight different kinds of food so it shows we all had a lot of fun. The cruise had a lot of amenities. They had plenty of things for us to do on the ship, dad shows and games, karaoke and lots of food for us to eat. The beds were very comfortable. We slept well every night. The boat did not rock. It was very comfortable. The rooms were very spacious. We had plenty a room to move around. The value of the cruise is very great. We had a wonderful time going to the different ports and trying to different food. The kids had a wonderful time. It was our family vacation for the year.

I wish we could have docked in a couple more places. It would have been great to get some more souvenirs from other parts of the Country. But it was a great cruise regardless. It was the first cruise I've ever gone on, but I was extremely impressed with all the fine little details that went into everything. I'm planning on another cruise in the summer of 2017. The cabins were much more spacious than I imagined they would be. My kids and I were never cramped, or in each other's way. I wish we had went with the balcony room though. I spent over 1 thousand extra on top of what I budgeted for. But it's not a cheap vacation, and you get what you pay for.

There were many things offered to do. We could sightsee. Swim, tour cities. It was a very fun and exciting experience. I love Disney and would definitely go again. They had everything ready and available. I could call the desk and get anything that I needed. Whether a toothbrush or dental floss. It was very comfortable. The bed was just the way I like it. The pillows were fluffy. I slept very well. I haven't slept that well in a long time. I enjoyed the entire cruise. They had everything ready if anyone got seasick or sick in general. The crew was very accommodating. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Left on May 2, 2014 for a two-week cruise thru the Panama Canal. On the first night of the cruise I slipped and fell in the bathtub hitting the back of my head and my knee. Had a bad time getting up not to mention getting to the bed to sit back down. Husband got ice for me and I continued with ice all night. Customer service signed a wheelchair out to my husband for our use. I to date, have had 2 surgeries with at least one more to come. My knee will always continue to give out because of the ACL injury. They of course are denying any fault at all. There had to be something on the tub cleaner soap not sure but be very careful when showering. The inspection done on the tub showed it was extremely slippery. If you fall and have serious injury they deny any wrong on their part.

Meanwhile we are out thousands of dollars in medical costs for physical therapy, doctors, surgeons, as well as a permanently shredded ACL. Take pictures as the tub I showered in did not have a towel bar at the end of the tub, I suppose that's why they denied a vessel inspection for so long. I realize they are a big business but somewhere have forgotten about doing what's right. Funny out it has turned out a company you used to think so much of showing how unimportant the little people that keep those ships running are. I changed state of residence in the midst of all of it only to find I apparently have no recourse as I have lost my right to a trial by jury.

My experience was enjoyed by all. It was fun, interesting and full of life. Will love a repeat of that wonderful experience. So happy I was part of that awesome experience and will love to be part of it again. The cruise lines amenities were uniquely design, everything is put in place, well organised. Nothing much in the quality of my I will definitely recommend to my friends and family overnight. My stay was quite interesting, lots of fun, entertainment. Am so glad am part of it all. My cruise experience was so enjoyable, lots of fun, food, entertainment, the way I so much love the cruise. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to my friends.

A wide variety of activities, including lots of fun things for family, just for the kids and just for adults! We could relax or always find something fun to do. Our cabin was amazing with all the extras you could ask for upon a ship. Services ranged from the necessities to the extravagant. The staff always went above and beyond my requests. Everything we did or saw was of the upmost quality. From our linens to the food to onboard entertainment, I always felt spoiled and special whenever I was talking to staff. It was a bit pricey and a little more than I wanted to spend. Many cruise lines offer similar experiences at a lower price. But the experience can't be duplicated.

The itinerary was loaded with enjoyable sightseeing and fun family game and activities. It was planned with plenty of time for shopping and relaxation as well as fast paced entertainment. The ship's amenities were very luxurious. Spas, restaurants, pools and water play. Amazing massages and first class dinning. Movie nights for the kids and quality couples time for the parents. The cabins were spacious and five star accommodations were provided. The beds were extremely comfortable and made me sleep like a baby. The staff was courteous and caring. The trip was definitely worth the price. Everything was included meals, entertainment and amenities. My family had a blast and we do it every year. Totally worth it.

It was very good and I liked it a lot and I had a good time. I had fun. Very good amenities and services. I enjoyed them. My stay was very nice. Overall it was a positive experience and I would love to go on another cruise one day. The value of my cruise experience was very good. I would gladly take another one at the same price I had. I enjoyed myself overall.

We completed our fifth Disney cruise yesterday. We were on the Magic for the first 4; three, 7-night Caribbean cruises and one Mediterranean. This recent trip was a 7 night Caribbean on the Fantasy. Our kids were 4 and 7 1/2 for the first trip and are now 16 1/2 and 20. We have always included at least one grandparent and had at least two staterooms each cruise. I have cruised other lines and will NEVER use a line other than Disney again! Each cruise has been a delightful experience!

Our kids choose the Thanksgiving vacation for their senior year of high school, and our daughter chose a cruise aboard the Fantasy. The ship holds more people than the county in which we live, and the only thing we'll do different is return to the smaller ship. We didn't have to wait long for anything (even the Aqua Duck) but just prefer fewer people. The main point of my review is that there are high quality, amazing activities for kids from 4 to 85 based on our experience! All of the complaints I have seen on this site are due to the lack of planning/learning about the ship and cruising in general by the traveler. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I'm typically satisfied with Disney vacations and think that they always put the customer first, but unfortunately I had a very negative experience recently. My family went on an Alaskan cruise on the Disney Wonder. The elevator door closed on my nine year old son's hand, leaving small cuts across each of his knuckles - luckily he was able to pull it out before it moved. I informed the front desk because I was worried that another child might not be able to remove their hand before the elevator moved - they didn't initiate an accident report, ask for more information, nothing. Disney did absolutely nothing about it. Then I called customer service at headquarters and they actually had the nerve to tell me that my son shouldn't have put his arm in the door (to reopen as he'd seen adults do). Really? That's not the point - kids are kids - he saw adults doing that and didn't know better.

My report was to keep someone else from seriously getting injured. What I got for a response was that there is nothing wrong with the elevators. They even had a photo showing the cuts on his hands. I'm completely disappointed in their response and shocked that they wouldn't take an injury to a child more seriously regardless of how it happened.

It's unfortunate the Disney cruise we booked was during hurricane Mathew. We were given the option of getting a full refund plus getting an additional 20% off our next vacation. In my case the airfare, hotel and vacation time was booked, no refunds. After spending $5700 I was told by Disney if the family takes the cruise we would get back $100 per person to use onboard credit. Now how in the world does this makes any sense. We should also get the 20% off our current or next cruise. I don't think I'll be using Disney again.

This was our 5th cruise with Disney Cruise Line. We have been on 2 of the 4 ships. I am amazed at some of the reviews on here previously. These are my honest opinions on Disney Cruise Lines:

1. We have never had to wait more than 15/20 minutes to board the ship. Yes, there are a lot of people but they definitely have it down to a science and are quick and efficient! When they announce you and clap as your family boards the ship it begins a magical experience. Kindness and patience also goes a long way in your experience.

2. Service- We have always had spectacular service from everyone we have encountered. Cabanas serve teams, waiters, Guest service help, RoomKeeping, Kids club counselors, etc. We could not have asked for more personalized help and as a matter of fact our 12 year old is shy and not so sure of going to Edge and I mentioned this to one of the counselors and she sent her several personal invitations to our room and made an effort to seek out my daughter to make her feel comfortable.

3.Rooms- You are on a ship, rooms aren't going to be huge. We have stayed in Family Verandah rooms and Deluxe Family Verandah room and we had plenty of room for 4 and 5 people. We don't spend much time in the room anyway.

4. Seasick- Take this from a girl who gets VERY seasick: You are on a boat, it is going to move! I don't care what cruise line you choose a boat is created to move in the water. If you get sick, Guest Services will give you a medicine that won't make you drowsy. Our wait staff actually realized that I was seasick on the first day of our cruise and he packaged my dinner for me and had it sent to my room and made sure Guest Services sent up a pill for me. I have always just taken a pill about 1.5 hours before we sail and I am no longer bothered by it. Giving a cruise line a 2 because of the boat moving isn't a true reflection on the cruise line.

5. Cost- Yes, Disney is expensive, however, Disney has some perks others do not. Free soda all day everyday. The broadway shows are like none other at sea, You can prepay tips up to 2 days before you sail and you don't have to give anymore than the prepaid tip, (even though the servers deserve more and we have always wanted to tip more because of the excellent service.), all of the extras are explained on the website before and during booking, so complaining about this is really not Disney's fault. Disney merchandise on ship, parks and online is expensive and will always be because people will always buy it. It is no more expensive on the ship than anywhere else. You can buy a souvenir bucket of popcorn on Day 1 and refill for $1.50 each time. You can bring your own snacks to the shows, and all the food upstairs is already paid for.

6.Noise- To be honest we were under Flo's Cafe this time and it was loud! This would be one of my only complaints but this is not Disney's fault. There will be rooms that are louder than others. I should have looked at the ship map before agreeing to this room. That way I would have known that I didn't want to be under Flo's. Already fixed for next time. If you are unsure ask your travel agent or the person booking the trio. Lots of Disney boards have info on certain rooms.

7.Pools- Yes, the pools are small. Once again, You are on a boat! If every boat had olympic size swimming pools, people would complain of other amenities it didn't have. I didn't come on a boat to swim so this doesn't bother me. They are diligent to keep the pools very clean. They clean them several times a day. There are so many places to get wet. You can take little kids to Nemo's Reef, or The AquaLab, there is also the Mickey Pool and Donald Pool and Mickey Slide and Aqua Duck and Satellite Falls, an adult pool, and Quiet Cove Family pool. I also think the Vibe has their own pool. I may have also missed one. There are plenty of areas to keep your family from baking in the sun. Also there are a ton of chairs and I have seen servers take off towels that are unoccupied for a while.

8. Shutters Photography- This has been our biggest disappointment on the ships. Shutters is an outside company that contracted with Disney so you do not receive the same service as Disney in my opinion. I do recommend buying the package before you set sail online so you get a better deal. It is expensive! This trip especially was a chaotic, hot mess! I didn't receive many of our pictures but I contacted them after we left the ship and they are mailing me the ones I am missing so they did make it right.

9. Cleanliness- Every time we have been, the ship has been amazingly clean. We would dock next to other boats and you could see the wait staff on Disney cleaning and painting the ship (with tiny paintbrushes) and not see that on other ships. Before you enter a restaurant you are given a wipe for your hands, etc. It is immaculate! We have a daughter that is immunosuppressed and she has never gotten sick on the cruise but gotten sick many times at hotels, including Disney parks.

Overall, Disney Cruise Lines has always been a wonderful experience for us. We always rebook and we have always loved every minute of our vacations. It has truly become home away from home. Do your research and give Disney a try. I don't think it will disappoint.

This was the most incredible thing we have ever done as a family. I have no idea why this site only rates the Disney cruise at 2 1/2 stars. If you rate this anything lower than 5 you did not do enough research to understand what you were getting into. The boarding was easy. Yes there were a lot of people but I holds 3000 passengers. But it was not stressful or difficult at all. The food was great. The shows were fantastic. Every person on the ship acted like you were the reason they were there. All of the Disney characters and princesses treated every kid like that kid was the reason the character or princess was there. We are already planning our next trip. It is more expensive than other cruises but well worth it.

2016 Vancouver to San Diego beautiful, fund and EXPENSIVE!! - I wanted to write a review so that people can make an informed decision on the Disney cruise line. The DCL did an amazing job. They made the little girl in my life feel the Disney Magic. Staff and Characters were WONDERFUL, talented, fun and so helpful. My only complaint is the cost. Oh my goodness the cost. SOOOOO EXPENSIVE. Lots of little hidden charges, everything on board was VERY PRICEY. Things add up very fast. Be very careful what you charge to your room. The photos were WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for what you receive. I ordered the CD which was more than $250.00, only to find out that they print all your pictures anyway, and whatever you don't buy they just throw out. This made no sense to me. What a waste. They charge automatic Gratuities but leave room for you to add an extra tip. WOW. If you aren't paying attention, would you ever pay a lot.

Drinks were more than $10.00. It cost $80.00 to play bingo, spa treatments were over $300.00, $10.00 for popcorn, etc. Just way too expensive for what you receive. The shows were absolutely amazing. Such talented actors, it really was unbelievable. The rooms are small but nice, and kept very clean for the entire cruise. They automatically charge you for the tips for the entire staff at the end of the cruise, waiters, your room attendant, your waiter's supervisor, etc. Over $200.00 in tips at the end of an already very expensive cruise. Not to mention that we had already tipped these workers each day. I just could not believe it. The pools were tiny and overcrowded. The children's activities were very good, and the kids had so much fun. GREAT experience. We loved DCL but will be paying off for the little extra's for some time, which will mean this will be my last Disney Cruise.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

While the Walt Disney Company has been around for almost a century, Disney Cruises first launched with a single ship in 1998, though the company was founded in 1995. Since then, the cruise line has expanded to four ships, all sailing out of Port Canaveral.

• Kid-friendly activities: Family friendly live shows, meeting Disney characters and deck parties are just a few of the on board activities suitable for families.
  • Dining options: Dining options include casual dining, dining in rooms with whimsical Disney themes and adult-exclusive dining.
  • Port adventures: Disney Cruise Lines offers port adventures geared around creating a memorable and fun family-friendly adventure at each port.
  • Online check-in: Guests can save time with Disney Cruises by checking in online before arrival at the dock.
  • Land and sea vacations: Disney's land and sea vacations combine a Disney Cruise with time spent at a Disney Resort for a rich Disney experience.
  • Best for The Disney Cruises liner is best for families and the young at heart.

Compare Cruise Lines