2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.8/5 (1788 ratings)

About Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Air Lines?

Original review: March 30, 2021

Simply put, I absolutely love Delta Airlines. Why? Because they make my safety and health their number one priority. In fact, I’ve only flown Delta since the pandemic began due to the fact that they’ve implemented their Delta Care Standard, which includes using refreshed fresh, outside air and air via high-grade HEPA filters inside the plane. I’ve tried to explain this process to both friends and family members, in addition to sharing their video, but they’re still under the impression that planes are using recycled air, and as such, they are afraid to travel via airplane. Thank you for all that you do to keep your passengers safe and healthy. Subsequently, it really meant a lot to me when I wrote Delta previously and received a response on behalf of Ed Bastian, Delta Air Lines CEO. Once again, I am your number one customer and I promise to encourage others to fly Delta as well.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Overall, I love Delta for the culture of Safety and Service. The company is also focused on Quality with most of their fleet being newer or updated equipment. Most of the staff is friendly and go above and beyond to help with guests ... My biggest issue is dealing with other customers, although most are kind and willing to be flexible. When these issues arise, the Delta staff seems to be able to handle very pro-actively and effectively. Coming from a culture and values professional, I believe Delta most closely aligns with their values, mission and purpose. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I had a great experience with delta on Friday the 19th. My 18 year old son was flying to Italy alone. When he left the Salt Lake City airport he was negative for Covid. For some reason when he got to Atlanta, he tested positive. That meant he couldn't go forward and couldn't come home. It was his first time away from home and he had a complete meltdown. My son comes from a town with 600 people in Idaho and knows nothing. He called home crying so hard he could hardly speak. Long story short.... Mia ** one of your agents at the Atlanta airport got on the phone with me and took care of my son! She made sure he had another covid test, a hotel, an uber AND put him on another flight. She was so kind to me and kept me informed of everything. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Delta airlines exceeded any expectation, they helped me Transport my disabled mother from Medford Oregon to Casper Wyoming, in the course of one day, I flew from Casper at 615am with 1 layover in Utah, and made it to Medford in under 4 hours, one way, not knowing if my mother would be able to travel back that day? Well, she was ready, and I was so happy to see her, it had been, 27 years since I saw her, her health had declined so that she was unable to live alone, and a nursing home was out of the question, she had raised me with love and affection, now it was my turn to do the same!

Back to our same day flight, delta was able to get us on a plane at 1.15PM, they made sure we had seats together at the front of the plane and always boarded us first, even with a low price economy ticket, transporting my mother from her wheelchair to a smaller, more narrow chair and it took two employees to make the swap each time, they are very professional and took the best care of us, always wearing masks, ppe, keeping us safe, I can't say enough, I know they are taking huge pay cuts as a company, but they treated us first class like we were the only passengers. And one last thing, their appreciation of our military was honorable, always boarding them first! Delta airlines is the best! Much love and respect to you all!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

In February 2020, I flew Delta knowing I had a medical bag I had to bring with me while I couldn't check my other regular bag. I was flying with a big group of people, and checking bags wasn't an option. So, I called the customer service line to ensure that my medical bag wouldn't count as my checked bag. When I boarded the plane, the lady scanning tickets was extremely rude about my extra bag and made me feel guilty for having an extra bag for medical equipment. I cannot travel without this extra bag, so it's impossible to negotiate. I informed her that I called customer service and they said my medical bag doesn't count as my carry on. She was very rude and seemed extremely annoyed about it. I was very frustrated with the situation and disappointed in Delta.

Now, here I am again in October 2020 facing a similar issue. I decided to call customer service again to ensure medical bag policies haven't changed due to COVID. The gentleman that I spoke with was beyond helpful. He went ahead and made a note in my account that I have to bring this extra medical bag, so I wouldn't face any troubles at the gate. Furthermore, because of my medical condition, he went ahead and reserved me a safer seat on the airplane for my travels. He was extremely kind and understanding. He gained my trust and respect back for Delta. I wish I would've gotten his name so he could be recognized. I really appreciated his generosity and willingness to make me comfortable, safe, and happy. I'm a satisfied Delta customer once again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I purchase the Vacation package from Delta Vacations for vacation to Aruba. I was told the COVID testing at Marriott Stellar Aruba is part of my vacation package and they charged me $360 for the testing. Please help me get my money back for the COVID testing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I would like to give a kudos to Brandon, Sheri, and Stan at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. They were a huge help in helping my dad with the unaccompanied minor process as well as helping to locate my son's lost ID. Thank you all for being such a huge help even amidst all of the chaos! Sharri

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

After takeoff mult passengers near me either removed or lowered their masks below their noses incl the person next to me. I made the flight att aware who made an announcement but the people did not comply. No further action was taken. Very dissatisfied with lack of enforcement.

Resolution response: Aug. 10, 2021

OMGOSH absolutely love Delta!! Thank you for making good on your cancellation policy. Using the chat feature on the website was Fabulous! I knew I could count on Delta for great customer care. Will be using Delta as much as possible from now on! If only there were people who wanted to work customer service on your phone lines you would have a home run!! Will recommend to friends.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Booked 2 one-way flights after Allegiant Air canceled our outbound flights for dream vacation. Booked on Delta website, clearly stated a 24 hr no charge cancellation policy. Upon deciding not to risk being stranded at destination and after husband had spent 13 hrs in airports the day before with < 4 hrs turn around before Delta flight I tried to cancel online. Message popped up states must contact Delta by phone. Had initially tried that before trying online cancellation and gave up after 45 min. With telephone being only option I was on hold >3.5 hrs before falling asleep after 0200. Our flights I was trying to cancel were at 0600.

Planned to drive to airport to talk to desk agent, though they probably couldn't help. Overslept, waking 0530, not enough time to get to airport before flight. Ugh! Seriously, why can't anyone answer their phones in the airline industry?!? Delta, I hope to hear from you as your cancellation policy was clearly stated and through no fault of ours could not successfully cancel flights. Reservation **.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I just flew Delta today and the crew was extremely rude, threatening to kick people off the flight without bothering to ask politely to comply with the rules. And their phone system is totally of the hook. I called several times and was transferred directly to the survey and when I did finally reach the queue they told It's a 20 minute hold but it actually took an hour and a half until someone answered. When they did finally answer I must admit that they were very polite but not very knowledgeable in airline policy.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I have been receiving text messages of a flight I never booked, I called to make sure no one else was using my info to travel, I was on hold for 3 hours and no one took my phone call. I texted to the link on their website and an automatic text came back that a rep would contact me. I'm still waiting after hours and hours. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Lynne ** was the customer service representative that assisted us with our tickets when we called the 1-800#. When I say at 2am in the morning Mrs ** was personable-kind- patient- professional- knowledgeable and persistent on getting us the BEST prices for our LONG flight to Alaska would be an understatement— Mind you, it was 2am in the morning and she NEVER missed a beat! Phenomenal customer service- is so hard to find but we found it- with Lynne! Thank you so much for your professionalism… The ** from VA.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I bought my tickets from LAX to CDG (Paris) from Delta.com. I like direct flights by Air France. Delta didn't offer direct flight for return but Air France from Paris to Toronto on 29 July and Westjet from Toronto to Los Angeles departing 2 hours after arrival of Air France. Nobody told us about Westjet cancelled their flight many days prior to the 29 July. We got the news at Toronto airport when there was no agents or counter by Westjet. We were abandoned without any help and confronted with Canadian vey Covid rules. I am fully vaccinated and had negative PCR test with US passport but was not permitted to get out of the transit area. No Delta or Westjet counter or agent were present.

Canadian Immigration officers took charge of us, after 5 hours got tickets on Air Canada for the next evening and left us like prisoners' in the transit area where at that time only one hamburger kiosk was open. We passed the night on chairs at the airport and with many difficulties passed the day after to the US zone and waited there until 6:30 PM! Of course our luggage did not come with us but just 48 hours later than our delayed arrival to LAX. I called Delta Airlines, after 75 minutes wait time an agent who said was a supervisor responded by saying that's not their responsibility even though they had sold the ticket. It's like if you buy a good from a supermarket, you get sick and the supermarket tells you that's not their fault but the producer in Chile!! I never in my life had seen any Westjet plane or people and still didn't talk to anybody from them. Their phone is not answering and I am not sure if this is not a fraud. I LOST ALL TRUST IN DELTA AIRLINES AND AM SORRY THAT I HAVE STILL MANY MILES WITH THEM!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I was traveling non rev and missed flight from ATL to BMI. My bag went. I called (on recommendation of the premium line) the BMI baggage and the woman (hate I did not get her name!) found my bag and routed it through Atlanta to Asheville Unbelievable. Yesterday and flight was 1411 to BMI if that helps ID her. Great Delta experience. It is always about the people.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I booked a flight with Delta through Expedia from Cancun to the US for our family vacation right before the pandemic. The trip was cancelled due to the pandemic and we were issued credits. I re-booked the trip and Expedia helped me use our credits and pay a little more for the new tickets. After that exchange Delta took control of the tickets from Expedia and sent me a trip confirmation for all five of our family members. I could see our seats on the plane through the Delta app. When we were in Cancun ready to fly home Delta told us our youngest child had a boarding pass but no ticket. They charged us $877.28 so we could get a ticket to fly our minor child home out of a foreign country. It feels like a bait and switch.

Delta Air Lines Company Information