3.69/5

Looking for a travel site?

Cunard

Looking for a travel site?

Cunard Reviews

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

A Transatlantic cruise on the Queen Mary 2 and a cruise around the British Isles on the Queen Elizabeth cannot be beat for luxury and enjoyment. They fulfilled every expectation we had about cruising.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I had my knee cut when hit with a suitcase embarking in Shanghai by a Cunard luggage employee. My knee became infected and I needed to take antibiotics 4 months. About 1/2 the time was paid by Cunard and after the cruise we paid. On board the medical treatment was exceptionally good. After the cruise the compensation department we were told to contact offered a total of $1500 for the loss of our cruise, viz. a $50,000 cruise & associated costs. I complained bitterly by email to the CEO and to his credit he responded - but told me that he could from Britain do nothing as we bought our tickets in America! I wonder why they sell tickets through America through cruise specialists? This was the last Cunard cruise we will take.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We recently went from New York to Southampton on Queen Mary 2, from Southampton we continued on Queen Victoria to the Baltic Cruise and eventually sailed on Queen Mary 2 back to New York. HIGH POINTS: Quality Ship with good decor and ambiance, reasonable entertainment, adequate coverage of different taste in activities.

LOW POINTS: Food good in variety but very mediocre in quality. Virtually no service in Lido and Kings Court (buffet food). Waiters mainly worked as busboys and avoided eye contact with people eating, lest someone requests a beverage. Cabin cleaning bare minimum. Drinking water bottle cost nearly $5! Alcoholic beverages very expensive. Embarkation in Southampton took 95 minute wait time. Upon arrival in New York, there were no trolleys for luggage and we were compelled to hire a porter. Upon arrival from overseas, in all airports, one first clears immigration and then collect bags and go through customs. Whereas in the ship terminal we had to pick our bags, crawl in line and clear immigration! Highly, inconvenient.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Clean and elegantly decorated ship, not gaudy like another cruise ship I have been on. I got a beautiful room with a balcony. The choice of foods was wonderful. I really enjoyed the shows and the music and the sightseeing.

Original review: July 9, 2018

My husband planned a trip to England outbound on Cunard from 5/17, returning on Cunard 6/24 (arriving NYC on 7/1). He became very ill and was in and out of the hospital 5 times in 6 weeks starting the end of April. We had to cancel his trip. Fortunately, we thought, we took out trip insurance through AON, at Cunard's recommendation and paid several hundred dollars for it. Long story short, my husband is now in hospice and is dying. After many weeks, we were just informed by AON that they have denied our claim for several thousand dollars.

My husband cannot breathe, walk, dress himself, feed himself, etc., but they denied his claim. Now, instead of being able to peacefully sit with him in his final days, I have to run around and appeal this ridiculous decision. They are offering him travel vouchers. The only travel he will be doing is to heaven and sorry Cunard, he will get there without you. NEVER AGAIN CUNARD. NEVER AGAIN AON.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cunard?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I went on a summer cruise and Cunard is a great way to see Norwegian Coast. They have great variety of itinerary options and also got a chance to visit the far northern islands that have wild polar bears. The excursions and spots along the coast were amazing. We got to see isolated waterfalls as well as interesting cities and towns. The price wasn't too high and you got lot's of good experiences and food. I had the second best meal of my life in Voss and I blew too much money in the casino but that's on me. The room was comfortable and the meals and snacks were consistently pretty good. The only negative is I felt isolated without good Internet service while on board. I wish the Internet service was better. But overall it was one of my favorite vacations and was a wonderful way to see the coastline and islands in a manageable amount of time (3 weeks). Nothing mind-blowing, but everything was enjoyable enough.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Rudest person I have ever encountered. My call was "outsourced" to some moron sounded like the call was being answered in a house as I could hear a tv or radio in the background. I spoke to agent Danny ** in the Miramar/Miami office. When I asked a question about travel times to a certain location he laughed at me as if I were stupid.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

When you Cruise to any of the 3 ships of CUNARD you will be forever remembered because of the unique style of the ship from the famous Ocean Liner itself. You can see a lot onboard from the beautiful Britannia Restaurant to Kings Court and to famous QUEENS GRILL TO PRINCESS GRILL. Cunard is famous with their world cruise so expect a lot of places to see and a lot experience to cherish forever. I love how very unique of their transatlantic. When we are talking about the value it includes a lot from the experience onboard. Quality of the cruise is totally a 5 star ship. The ship itself is a kingdom that you can be royalties for a couple of days. The quality of stay is amazing. You will be pampered with different nationalities who will gave you a good service to the high standard of CUNARD.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Onboard amenities were very entertaining and fun. There were many options for both genders of all age groups, whether it be a 5 year old boy or 60 year old female. Itinerary options were very good. Options were very fun, convenient, and safe. Staff during these events were great. Value was great and what was expected. Good for all ages, boys and girls, and has a 10/10 value. Events, staff, etc also had a great value and was fantastic. Quality of stay was 10/10. Entertained the entire trip, easy sleeping arrangements, one of my best vacations so far. Crew was lovely along with the other vacationers.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

This was by far the most amazing experience of a lifetime. I can't believe how fancy everything was and how many things there were to do on board! What a trip! We didn't initially plan any excursions, but had the opportunity for a last minute adventure, and boy was it worth it! Next time we'll be sure to select as many excursions as we can! I didn't give this a 5 star, because it was very expensive and there were definitely cheaper options to similar destinations, but I didn't know if any of them would have compared with this one. The cabin was very cute. A mixture of quaintness and elegance with a view that you'll remember the rest of your lives. We spent most of the trip in our cabin!

Cunard expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cunard's more than 150 years of experience with leisure sailing and destinations around the globe makes them experts in the white glove cruise experience. This cruise line provides a traditional, sophisticated cruise experience to all shipboard guests.

• Onboard spa: Guests can spend the day in the spa, taking a hot stone massage to relax tired muscles or a deep cleansing with an organic seaweed wrap.

• Commodore club: The Commodore club serves Cunard's famous martinis, traditional drinks and several types of fine wines.

• Alternative dining: In addition to the formal dining hall, guests have access to various other types of dining experience, including Asian, Italian and pub classics.

• Boutique shopping: Upscale boutiques and gift shops on board offer fine jewelry and souvenirs.

• Full World Voyages: Cunard's three Queen ships visit 42 countries worldwide, with 80 ports of call available to cruise line guests.

• Best for: The Cunard liner is best for adults and families wanting to experience authentic, formal cruising on a luxury liner.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs