Cunard

• 1 stars1
      11%

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with Cunard:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

This was by far the most amazing experience of a lifetime. I can't believe how fancy everything was and how many things there were to do on board! What a trip! We didn't initially plan any excursions, but had the opportunity for a last minute adventure, and boy was it worth it! Next time we'll be sure to select as many excursions as we can! I didn't give this a 5 star, because it was very expensive and there were definitely cheaper options to similar destinations, but I didn't know if any of them would have compared with this one. The cabin was very cute. A mixture of quaintness and elegance with a view that you'll remember the rest of your lives. We spent most of the trip in our cabin!

The on-board amenities were good. The food was delicious and I couldn't pick what to eat every day! The pool was relaxing and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. We were never bored! There was so many things to do that we couldn't keep up! Shuffleboard, dancing, drinking, it has everything you can think of and more! The cruise is definitely good for the money. We had a good time and we would definitely recommend this cruise to our friends and family. And we also might consider going on another cruise with this company again. We felt comfortable and happy the entire time we spent on the cruise. We woke up happy everyday and we went to bed tired but happy each and every night. Definitely worth the price!

Onboard amenities were very entertaining and fun. There were many options for both genders of all age groups, whether it be a 5 year old boy or 60 year old female. Itinerary options were very good. Options were very fun, convenient, and safe. Staff during these events were great. Value was great and what was expected. Good for all ages, boys and girls, and has a 10/10 value. Events, staff, etc also had a great value and was fantastic. Quality of stay was 10/10. Entertained the entire trip, easy sleeping arrangements, one of my best vacations so far. Crew was lovely along with the other vacationers.

When you Cruise to any of the 3 ships of CUNARD you will be forever remembered because of the unique style of the ship from the famous Ocean Liner itself. You can see a lot onboard from the beautiful Britannia Restaurant to Kings Court and to famous QUEENS GRILL TO PRINCESS GRILL. Cunard is famous with their world cruise so expect a lot of places to see and a lot experience to cherish forever. I love how very unique of their transatlantic. When we are talking about the value it includes a lot from the experience onboard. Quality of the cruise is totally a 5 star ship. The ship itself is a kingdom that you can be royalties for a couple of days. The quality of stay is amazing. You will be pampered with different nationalities who will gave you a good service to the high standard of CUNARD.

There's plenty to entertain the kids, and the standard fare for the adults, shows, performances, swimming and such. You can dance the night away. There is so much to do at the destinations and checking the itinerary is a must. Even if you are the type that likes to explore on your own, these days l prefer to be safe in numbers. I checked your prices on other cruises and what was offered. This one offered the most for my money and l found a great offer that fit my family. We ate like royalty on some of the best food I have ever eaten. The staff was friendly and courteous and helpful! The rooms were clean and well laid out and very comfortable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cunard?

It is very good when you need to go on a cruise. It is also very relaxing and also family friendly. Very good when you need to go on a trip! It has everything you need to be planned on right here. It is very reliable! I definitely would pay to go on this cruise! It is totally worth your money and it's also summertime which makes it a great season to pay and go on this cruise. The quality of stay. I would recommend it a 9/10. The guests are friendly, everyone there is friendly, it makes you feel at home except on a cruise! It is very comfortable for the customers.

I have tried various cruise lines and this one takes the cake. The onboard amenities exceeded any other ones that I have previously cruised on except for Royal Caribbean. The various deletions for the itinerary were outstanding. You had more options to choose from than the other cruise lines I choose before much more open. The value of this particular cruise line ship is outstanding. There are no words to describe the quality of stay. The cabins were very spacious and the aesthetic of the cabin was awesome. Although you might not have a window cabin you did not feel closed in.

The amenities were clean and organized. Well looked after. Sometimes it was a little slow in getting message cleaned up but overall I thought the staff was well on top of making sure that the amenities were good. I would highly recommend. There were quite a few events to attend but I felt like the options were somewhat limited to a more Formal Affairs. I wish they had some more family-oriented activities. There were many good things for the price that I paid. The room was nice. It was well clean. It was kept well. The food was great. I enjoyed my cruise and I would pay that money for it again. What a great quality of stay. I really enjoyed meeting new people. I look forward to taking my next trip with this cruise. I had so much fun. I loved it.

There was a fire on deck 12 at 900PM on our way back from Quebec on the Queen Mary2. Cunard is trying to hide this story and refuses to give us any reimbursement back for putting our lives and safety in jeopardy! Cunard is trying to hide this story from the media. We took the cruise on QM2 on September 27,2011 from NY to Quebec and back to NY on October 7,2011. The captain was well aware that there were 2 hurricanes brewing at sea. Other vessels attempted to leave Quebec but did a beeline and dry docked their ships for the safety of their passengers. Cunard continued the journey back to NY to save $ on dry docking and avoid additional meals/$ for 2500 people rather than looking out for our safety! Bottom line, by speeding the ship up to get through the 30 foot waves with 80 mile per hr. winds and being 250 miles from shore, they created a fire on open deck 12 in the turbine!

They were planning to get the life boats out if the fire wasn't extinguished after 90 minutes! In the meantime we had water seeping into our penthouse cabin on deck 9, we were confined to our beds for 36 hours due to constant severe rocking of ship and were left without food because we were confined to our bed and the butler could not get to our cabin due to dangerous conditions! To add insult to injury, we paid $10,000 for a tired, water stained carpet, rips on the curtains for a cabin that had leaks in the bathroom, needed plumber, and we found out the QM2 was off for a full renovation shortly! Cunard refuses to give us any money back for the cruise from hell! They won't even apologize. Bottomline, we are reaching out to you to recoup our money back in this lackluster economy for a cruise that jeopardized our lives. Thank you for any help and advice you can offer us.

This is NOT a complaint. Figured you might enjoy hearing of a very positive cruise experience. My wife, daughter, and I were passengers on an ill fated 1996 world cruise which began with a booking on The Regency Cruise Lines M/S Regent Sea. Regency Cruise Lines went bankrupt and our reservation was transferred to Cunard M/S Sagafjord. An engine room fire in the South China sea required the M/S Sagafjord to be towed by tug boats to Subic Bay, Philippines. All passengers were disembarked, transported by motor coach to and stayed in very luxurious hotels in Manila for several days. We were given choices of: flying home right away (with pro rata reimbursement), or flying to Singapore to continue world cruise on the QE2. ALL THIS AT CUNARD CRUISE LINES' expense!

We chose to continue on the QE2 world cruise. The only downside was that the M/S Sagafjord was unable to complete the balance of its itinerary (including transit of the Suez Canal, and Israel). Instead, the QE2 stopped at several of the same ports we had already visited when on the M/S Sagafjord. Major kudos to CUNARD... a first class cruise line! In Manila, they even encouraged and paid for us to phone home, and to send all our clothes to the hotel laundry. They made extraordinary efforts to keep us informed of what had and was happening and what was planned. They truly did bend over backwards to accommodate M/S Sagafjord world cruise passengers. They even arranged for a dozen roses to be delivered immediately upon our arrival home!

Also, our travel agent, White Travel Co. (West Hartford, Conn.), extended excellent service in booking this cruise, helping us prepare for it, and transferring the booking to Cunard M/S Sagafjord! We also took a wonderful cruise to Norway and "the top of the world" on the M/S Royal Viking Sun (owned by Cunard at that time).

I booked a cruise through Crucon.com for 3/10/2008 out of Brooklyn, NY on the Queen Mary 2. I was told that my contract with Cunard that states the cost of the cruise was $3,350.82 inclusive of all port charges and fees. I paid them a deposit of $450.00 on 10/23/2007 to secure a cabin at the agreed upon rate. I was expecting to be charged $2,900.82 on 12/4/2007 as we agreed but was charged $3,000.82. When I inquired at CruCon and Amy in customer service informed me that Cunard instituted a $50 per person fuel surcharge and they were charging it to everyone no matter if they had agreed upon a rate or not. She stated they she has received numerous complaints but Cunard has refused to honor the original contract price. Can they do this? I thought a contract was a contract. I believe that this affects 10's of thousands of people.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cunard's more than 150 years of experience with leisure sailing and destinations around the globe makes them experts in the white glove cruise experience. This cruise line provides a traditional, sophisticated cruise experience to all shipboard guests.

• Onboard spa: Guests can spend the day in the spa, taking a hot stone massage to relax tired muscles or a deep cleansing with an organic seaweed wrap.
  • Commodore club: The Commodore club serves Cunard's famous martinis, traditional drinks and several types of fine wines.
  • Alternative dining: In addition to the formal dining hall, guests have access to various other types of dining experience, including Asian, Italian and pub classics.
  • Boutique shopping: Upscale boutiques and gift shops on board offer fine jewelry and souvenirs.
  • Full World Voyages: Cunard's three Queen ships visit 42 countries worldwide, with 80 ports of call available to cruise line guests.
  • Best for The Cunard liner is best for adults and families wanting to experience authentic, formal cruising on a luxury liner.

Compare Cruise Lines