5.00/5
Based on 20 reviews that contain star ratings

CHINA CULTURE TOUR

China Culture Tour (www.chinaculturetour.com) has been focusing on tailor-made luxury China tours more than 12 years and has served thousands of high-end clients including business owners, CEOs, lawyers, dentists, artists, photographers, company groups, school groups, etc. from all over the world. Contact us directly and we will customize you an unique tour based on your requests and interests.

20 CHINA CULTURE TOUR Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My wife and I did a tour of China the last two weeks of September 2018. The guides, drivers, attractions, river cruise, trains, air transport and a number of meals were arranged by Nora at China Culture Tour. Everybody involved was prompt and professional. The guides all spoke English well. They obtained all the tickets for the scheduled attractions and extra activities without waiting in lines. We saw the highlights including the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Terracotta Soldiers etc. She was able to arrange an interactive day with the pandas. Our favorite place was the Guilin, Yangshuo area. We would recommend this company to others.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Just finished a 19 day tour and wished it would not end. Our tour was great. Our drivers and guides were brilliant especially Mike in Guilin and Colin in Siguniang Mountain. China Culture Tour check on us regular to see if everything was ok hotel etc., would use them again.

Get expert buying tips about China Tours Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Thank you China Culture Tour for arranging an awesome 3 day tour package. I worked with Tour coordinator Lydia. She was very helpful and suggested places to visit while we stayed in Beijing. She was very patient too. When I confirmed my itinerary with her, and payment was needed. I was concern in doing a transaction via PayPal, especially to another country. But to my surprise, I encountered no issues. I used China tours PayPal, which I found easier than opening an account.

Our tour guide Helen met us at the airport and our tour started. I was given notice prior to our trip that the tourist attractions would be really busy due China was celebrating their National Holiday. Boy was it crowded. However, our tour guide was very knowledgeable and confirmed with us if it was okay to make adjustments to our tour based on crowd and time of day. We were very grateful for that because it made things less stressful.

We visited the Mutianyu Great Wall, Beijing Zoo Panda House, Temple of Heaven, Imperial Palace, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Jingshan Park. We did a Rickshaw through Hutong District and learned some basic calligraphy. Our tour package also included a lunch meal. All meals were ono (Hawaiian for good). Our driver Sui was very patient too. He did his best to try to avoid areas that may have more traffic and tried to get us as close as possible to the tourist attractions. Overall, our experience was awesome. I’m glad I booked (by referral) through China Culture Tour. They took care of every little detail. All we needed to do is show up. Mahalo again Lydia, Helen and Sui for a wonderful and awesome time and experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

This was our first time in China, and we were so lucky to have China Culture Tour and their private guides throughout our entire almost three-week stay! They handled everything, from the moment we contacted them to inquire about their tours, recommendations, and pricing and all the way until we returned to the U.S. They held our hands throughout the entire process, including obtaining our visas, and even checked in on us throughout our stay to ensure everything was going well and we were happy. We couldn't believe the great service that they provided!

Grace was so helpful and communicative and caring! She responded immediately to any questions we had, even when our plane was delayed leaving Europe for Beijing. Everything went so smoothly! And we really appreciated how well Grace planned our day tours down to the last detail. The company thought of everything, including recommending activities that we could do in each city in the evenings. All of our lunches were also included during the tours as well as our transportation, fees for sites, etc. What was also fantastic is that they didn't have a cookie-cutter approach to creating our tours. They truly took the time to ask us about our interests, the type of food we enjoyed, etc., and continuously revised our itinerary until we were completely satisfied.

They also came up with suggestions that we had never thought of. For example, we had never heard of Xi'an before, but based on learning of our interest in history, they recommended that we spend several days there. And we were so happy that we did! It was such an amazing experience, and we highly recommend that people visit Xi'an in addition to other cities in China. We visited Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai, and this was the perfect itinerary for us. All of our tour guides were top-notch, including Lucy in Xi'an. She was so knowledgeable about this city in which she grew up in, and we could tell that she truly enjoyed taking visitors around the city so they could see just how breathtaking it is.

Lucy and our other guides felt just like close friends who were excited to have my husband and I visit and spend days with them. In Xi'an, we also had one of the most memorable experiences of our time in China, a private dumpling-making lunch in the home of a wonderful woman. She made us feel so welcome. It really touched our hearts, and it just made us feel so happy that you can have such wonderful connections with people in other countries. She even told us we were like family from another country.

This experience was better than we could ever have anticipated. We have traveled all of over the world, and without a doubt, China Culture Tour is of the utmost, highest caliber of private luxury tours and for a wonderful price. For anyone visiting China for the first time or even after many times, we would highly recommend this company to customize an amazing tour for you. You will be in great hands with a company that truly cares about each of its customers!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We have done a lot of international travel with our 2 children, now 10 and 12 years old, in the past. Our hopes for a "trip of a lifetime" to China was organized by Nora at CCT. We do not normally book solely online for our trips, but Nora gained our confidence quickly with her responsiveness, willingness to customize, and efficiency to establish an interesting, comprehensive, but not overwhelming/rushed itinerary within a few days of contact. She was detail oriented, attentive, flexible to suggestions, and changes prior to the trip, and frequently checked on us thru "WeChat" app during the tour.

Our trip involved 12 days divided between Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Shanghai, Guilin, and ending in Shenzhen/Hong Kong. This involved 2 bike tours (excellent), 2 flights, 2 boats (Li River Cruise, and cruise at the Summer Palace), and 3 high speed train rides. The drops off/and pickups were fairly seamless, the tour was well balanced with seeing major sites such as the Great Wall of China/Terracotta Warriors, etc with many other fun and memorable activities appropriate for our kids/family to enjoy together such as the bike tour of the Ancient City Wall in Xian, and dumpling making session.

All of our guides were very good to excellent in general with their knowledge, professionalism, command of English, but what was most impressive was their ability to adjust, and accommodate especially for unforeseen situations such as weather changes (common in July with rain), mild illness, etc. They would quickly adjust the itinerary order so that nothing was missed, or offer alternative options that would still provide a rich experience. The drivers were generally safe, polite, and very reliable. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, and would highly recommend Nora and CCT as a tour agency for a private tour to China.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CHINA CULTURE TOUR?

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have planned family trips, business trips and friends trip all over China with Grace **. Have been working with Grace ** for over 3 years now and every trip has been so effortless due to her help. She is the most patient, efficient and detailed oriented guide I have come across. She will make sure your trip is executed to the highest standard, no stress involved. As long as she stays in the company, I will be using their service. Highly recommend!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

If I can give this team 6 stars, I would. We recently returned from a 14-day private tour of China which included 2 internal flights, 4 train rides and one river cruise. Now that we are back, I can honestly say that this is the best tour company we have dealt with in our decades of travel. We started planning this trip with Nora 10 months ago. Due to unexpected injury, we had to postpone it for a month. She was responsive, patient and insightful as we made changes through 8 revisions to the itinerary. My hats off to her for her excellent planning skill as well as operational flexibility as we navigated through various unexpected problems caused by my wife's limited mobility and after she got sick 9 days into our tour.

Nora worked with us and stayed on top of things throughout the trip. We saw wonderful things in Beijing, Tianjin, Chengdu, Three Gorges, Yichang, Shanghai, Suzhou and Hangzhou. The hotels, food and transports were excellent. We had no problem communicating with the guides in English, they were knowledgeable and attentive especially to my wife who was on a wheelchair for most of the trip. We want to give special thanks to our guides Bill who helped me locate the building where I was born in Tianjin 70 years ago, Vivian who followed up with our progress 2 days after we left her in Chengdu, and petit Leaf whose endless energy resulted in my wife calling her Mighty Mouse in Hangzhou. CCT has a strong team of consultants and guides. We would highly recommend them to anybody interested in private tours to China.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Our experience of traveling to China with China Culture Tour has been an absolute success. Everything has worked out perfect, the timetables, the hotels, the visits, the guides, the transports and the restaurants! They have also given to us good advices about activities in the evenings. I want specially to remark the very professional work made by Ms. Nora ** who has been our contact person from China Culture Tour and also the guides Penny from Suzhou and Linda from Guilin. Thank you very much to make this trip unforgettable.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

The entire two weeks in China were excellent, as planned by Grace. Beijing was made more enjoyable by our guide, Smile, who explained everything to us as we toured the Forbidden City, Jingshan Park, and the Summer Palace. From Smile, we learned about how Fengshui figured into the planning of these famous sites. I especially liked being able to go into one of the private compounds on our Hutong rickshaw tour. I've been curious about that since taking a rickshaw tour in 2001, when we weren't allowed into the private areas. Smile gave us the option of purchasing tickets to an acrobat show in the evening, and it was stunning in its perfection and the courage of the performers. The high speed train to Xian gave us a chance to see the landscape and agriculture of northern China. In Xian, our guide Helen took excellent care of us; she was very attentive to me, as by that time my old knees were giving me some trouble.

Besides the Terra Cotta Warriors, the highlights were Muslim Street lamb kebabs and a dumpling making lesson. Our hostess making dumplings also served us a delicious full lunch which included our own dumplings! Her home was immaculate and she seemed very happy to have us as her students. Helen did a great job of translating questions and answers between our hostess and us, so we felt that we were becoming friends. In Guilin, we were taken around by our guide, Michael. My 22 year old grandson appreciated having a young man to talk to.

In Guilin we enjoyed a hike up Folded Brocade Hill and a tour through Reed Flute Cave. Michael explained how the local farming families, in the old days, used Reed Flute Cave as a safe place to hide in dangerous times. One can buy souvenirs at the cave, but the highlight for me was the resident artist-painter who was creating lovely mountain and river scenes with a palm and finger painting technique. Of course I bought one of his pieces and have had it framed as a gift. The river cruise down the Li River to Yangshuo is not to be missed. The mountains are stunningly beautiful and the lunch served on the boat was delicious. For me, a senior citizen, it was nice to see the scenery move past me, instead of me having to walk past it!

In Yangshuo, Michael gave us the option of buying tickets to an evening "light show". We accepted, and I have to say that the "light show" was ever so much more than that! It included participation of hundreds of people (4 minorities included) and took place on the water. It was choreographed by the same person who choreographed the magnificent introductory acts for the 2008 Olympics. Perfection! In the Yangshuo area, Michael took us into the countryside where we walked around, saw farmers harvesting rice, and had the opportunity to meet a retired farmer and his wife who invited us into their home to talk a bit. They also shared fresh mandarins with us. The Yangshuo Mountain Retreat Hotel was a welcome resting place. It is very comfortable and situated right on a river, surrounded by mountains. Because traffic is limited there, my grandson was able to take one of the hotel bicycles out and do some exploring on his own.

The food at every stop was outstanding! Our three guides always found excellent local restaurants and showed us what the local specialties were. The hotel food everywhere was very good, also, with both Western and Chinese choices. When we stayed in Hong Kong, we did not have a guide, as I have a friend who lives there. Grace arranged for a hotel for my grandson which was not too far from my friend's apartment in Kennedy Town, where I stayed. Altogether, I highly recommend China Culture Tours and would trust Grace to arrange a tour for any of my family or friends. It was a marvelous experience! This was my third trip to China, but it was quite different from my previous trips, even if some of the general locations were the same. My grandson took 903 photos and labeled the folder "My first trip to China". He loved the tour and plans to return to China someday.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We recently returned from a 29-day private custom tour of China which China Culture Tours (CCT) assisted us in planning, organizing and realizing. CCT, spearheaded by Lydia **, did a wonderful job. We visited Beijing, 7 nights; Shanghai, 5 nights; Yangtze River Cruise, 4 nights; Chongqing, 1 night; Guilin, 3 nights; Yangshuo 2 nights, Shenzhen, 2 nights; Hong Kong, 5 nights. We are 68 -70 years old and my wife has limited mobility so we brought a wheelchair with us which we ended up using it more than we anticipated. Other than Hong Kong, China is not yet particularly wheelchair friendly. Hong Kong, however, may be the most wheelchair friendly city in the world, certainly more so than San Francisco where we're from.

We knew which cities we wanted to visit. CCT helped us with planning how long we should spend in each city, where we should stay, exactly what we should do each day and intercity transport. CCT organized tour guides, cars, drivers and wheelchair “pushers,” intercity flights, train and auto journeys, the Yangtze River cruise ship including the specific cabin on the ship. Given my wife's disability, we stayed at disabled/wheelchair friendly hotels with accessible rooms. CCT helped us identify such hotels but we found it more economical to book the hotels we wanted ourselves as we were able to get better rates than CCT through sites like Agoda, Ctrip, Booking.com, etc. TripAdvisor is a great place to start to find best hotel rates! CCT has long-term relationships with many hotels and can probably get better rates on those hotels.

Lydia was exceptional and extremely patient—she worked with us for nine months to plan and organize the trip—we first contacted CCT on 1/20/17 and departed for Beijing on Oct 6. She was always pleasant and easy to work with. Initially, we communicated via email, and then in August, we began talking using Skype. Lydia is fully fluent in English—both verbal and writing. Her follow-up and responsiveness were excellent, her recommendations/suggestions valuable, and attention to detail outstanding. One of the treats of our tour was meeting Lydia for dinner in Guilin after having worked with her long distance for months. Throughout the tour, we could always reach Lydia very quickly if we had questions or wanted to make a change, usually via WeChat.

The guides, drivers, and pushers all performed well, and the majority were very good to superb. All were very conscientious, always looking to be helpful in any way they could. Everyone was in good humor and enjoyable to be with. The guides were all well informed and ready to share their knowledge and answer all of our questions which never ended. Several of the guides introduced us to local restaurants for lunch which served exceptional cuisine. The vehicles were all spotless, recent models. We were always greeted at the earliest possible location in the airports and train stations, assisted with our baggage, and escorted to the security check on departure. Everyone was always on time or, more likely, early. In 29 days we did not have a single incident or snafu or major problem. Things went like clockwork.

We want to give particular recognition to Michael ** in Guilin/Yangshuo, Jerry ** in Beijing, Frank in Yingchang, and Eleven in Shenzhen. They were real standouts, excellent guides, and friends. At the beginning, we contacted two of the other top China custom tour companies. We found all responsive and I would bet the other two would have performed well. But as time passed we found that CCT just felt right, that there was a particularly good fit. We always felt fairly and honestly treated. We also believe that CCT was cost competitive. In sum, we strongly recommend China Culture Tours and Lydia ** to anyone planning a China trip.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Our trip was designed with the help of Grace from CCT who responded immediately to all our requests and provided a tour structured to our requirements. We were promptly met at each destination by a knowledgeable English speaking guide and a very competent driver in a air-conditioned minivan to accommodate 4 adults. All hotels were more than satisfactory with some being non-Western which we enjoyed. We traveled between some cities by Air and by very reliable, clean high speed rail railroad. We cannot say enough good things about our guides in each of the cities: Michael, Miller, Ben, Amy, Linda, and Kris. A special relationship was developed with each guide and in particular with Linda. We saw so many wonderful sights in each city made possible by the planning of Grace, who we had the pleasure of having dinner with us in Guilin. I highly recommend China Culture Tours to anyone who is interested in a personalized tour of China.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

China Culture Tour organized a 15 day private tour for us in October 2017. This was our second travel to China and we mentioned in our inquiry a handful of places and landmarks we wanted to visit. Within less than 24 hours Nora from China Culture Tour responded with a detailed 10 page quote for an itinerary including exactly the sites we wanted to see in the price range we had asked for. We proposed a few minor changes and in no time we received the final adjusted quote.

The tour itself exceeded our expectations by far. At every airport and train station of the itinerary we were expected by our tour guides and drivers. We never had to wait a single minute. All the hotels we stayed at were flawless, some had even the "wow" effect China Culture Tour had promised. Restaurants for lunch time were well selected and introduced us to the local cuisine. The many sightseeing tours were well selected, interesting and enjoyable and our private guides all proved to be well informed and answered our numerous questions with pleasure. At every departure we had the feeling to leave good friends behind. All in all, this tour was virtually flawless and we would like to thank China Culture Tour for a unique experience and unforgettable memories.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We used China Culture Tour to arrange a comprehensive tour of China from our arrival on September 11, 2017 thru our departure on September 29, 2017. We originally planned on a trip in the spring of 2018 and had essentially finished designing that tour when we changed to the above time. The China Culture Tour coordinator worked very closely with us and was able to rearrange our site tour as originally planned to meet the new timeline. We visited the sites in Beijing, the Great Wall, Ancient City of Pingyao, X'ian, Guilin, Longsheng, Ping'an Zhuang Village & ice fields, Li River Cruise, Yangshuo, Hangzhou, Tunxi, the Yellow Mountains and Huangshan before departing from Shanghai for the US.

This was a tour where we were met by a guide with a driver at every stop, delivered to our hotel, guided around each location, and delivered to either our train or airport. The guides were very knowledgeable and spoke very good English. In addition, our guides were very helpful in arranging additional sites that were not on our itinerary. Our accommodations were as shown on our itinerary. The tour price included breakfast and lunch.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Our family took a two weeks tour arranged by Lydia at China Culture Tour and we were very pleased with her responsiveness, thoughtful itinerary, and her outstanding selection of city guides, drivers, and hotels. The price was also reasonable and good value. I highly recommend Lydia and CCT.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We just returned from an amazing 20 day trip through China all arranged by Lydia from China Culture Tours. What I loved best is she arranged for daily private tours in each of the cities we visited that allowed us to spend as much or as little time as we liked in each site. Each morning start with a sumptuous buffet with our daily guide taking us to local lunch spots that were not tourist traps. From Beijing to Hong Kong we felt so well cared for and were taken to the hot spots with easy. Never taken to any forced shopping places. I would highly recommend traveling with them again. Thanks again for a lovely vacation.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Our China tour of 21 days was organised by China Culture Tour. Nora ** was my travel consultant. She discussed with me all fine details of the tour and organised very efficiently as per our requirements. The guides and driver were very helpful and cooperative. The guide in Beijing Ruth & Sherry and guide in Lhasa called Lhama went extra mile to help us. Similarly driver Jack in Beijing went extra mile to help us. I would not have any hesitation to recommend China Culture Tour to my friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

We highly recommend China Culture Tour. Grace planned 2 weeks in China personalized to our preferences. We stayed in excellent hotels, flew First Class or Business (if that was the best available on the flights we took). In each city we had our own car/driver & English speaking guide. All of this at a reasonable price. We greatly enjoyed everything we saw and did.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We returned from our 10 day trip to China a few weeks ago, and we could not have been happier with our experience with China Culture Tours. We had an unbelievable and amazing trip, thanks to Nora's insightful planning and helpful advice, and our knowledgeable and wonderful guides in Beijing, Xian, Guilin, and Shanghai. Nora was fantastic in every way, always quick to respond to emails and extremely patient and helpful despite my many itinerary changes. We were very late in planning our trip (I first contacted Nora only 3 months before departure) and Nora was still able to make all of the arrangements to perfection. In each city we had a clean, air-conditioned and modern mini-van so we had plenty of room (there were 3 of us-my 2 adult daughters and myself) and we were provided with bottles of water each day. Our drivers were skilled and always very nice and helpful.

Breakfast and lunch were included in our package, and we really enjoyed all of the hotel breakfasts and the restaurants we went to for lunch. The allowance we had each day for lunch was definitely more than enough for us to choose many different items from the menu, and we appreciated our guides suggestions and help with ordering. The food was great! Our hotels were all luxurious and wonderful! We stayed at the Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing Hotel, the Wyndham Grand Xian South, the Shangri-La Hotel Guilin, and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai. The location of each hotel was perfect!

Our guides were all fantastic! We had Rico in Beijing, Amy in Xian, Linda in Guilin and Kris in Shanghai. Each guide was so helpful and eager to show us the beautiful sites in their city! We loved all of our guides, but a special shout-out to Linda, who was so very kind and helpful, and who put on a poncho and a big smile as we rode around Yangshuo in the rain! Kris was great to be with and so helpful when we changed our plan during the day, and we really enjoyed our time with Amy as we toured Xian. Rico took us to the Great Wall at Huanghuacheng and we had the wall almost to ourselves!

Our guides also arranged for us to see some shows in the evenings, and we appreciated their suggestions to see these performances. Each guide met us at the airport or train station (the high-speed train was a wonderful way to travel! ), checked us into our hotel, and helped us check-in for the next leg of our journey. Every detail was taken care of perfectly!

We had so many amazing experiences during our trip to China, and my only regret is that we didnt have more time. China Culture Tours provided us with a spectacular vacation! We visited so many historic sites, hiked along the Great Wall, saw beautiful temples, tasted wonderful teas, rode bikes on Xians city wall and in the Yangshuo countryside, took a beautiful cruise on the Li River, met a local family and helped to make dumplings in their home, and experienced the amazing culture of China first-hand. I would love to return to China one day, and when I do I will definitely use China Culture Tours for our next trip.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

To start, they could not have been more responsive to every question I had before we departed for China. I had full confidence that everything promised in the trip would be met. Grace, in particular, was even kind enough to meet us when we came through Guilin on our tour. During the tour, they met or exceeded all our expectations. There really were not any glitches or snags along the way. When we wanted to change up a plan, our guide Linda seemingly effortlessly made it happen. We stayed in very nice lodges and hotels and Linda always brought us to an interesting place to eat. We have wonderful memories of the terraced rice fields and the Li River. Don't hesitate for a moment to book with China Culture Tour!

Original review: July 23, 2017

My husband and I planned a trip to Beijing with my in-laws from Southern China in October. We booked a customized Beijing tour through "CHINA CULTURE TOUR." This was a great tour as we got to pick the places we wanted to see and didn't have to go anywhere else we want to, as it was a private tour. I have taken a tour with a different tour company in the province of Hainan before, and it was terrible because they made you go to shopping places that overcharged you for souvenirs. But China Culture Tour only took us shopping when we wanted to, and they advised us on what was a good price!

It was also nice that when we want to eat at good and reasonably priced Chinese restaurants that they offered advice on what was good on the menus. Their suggestions were great! As we booked a private tour, we had our own tour guide and our own driver with our own van. Everyone that we dealt with was great: our initial trip coordinators Morgan and Grace; our tour guide, Jackie and even the driver were all very friendly and had good English skills. I would definitely recommend this tour company to make your vacation your own way!

CHINA CULTURE TOUR Company Information

2002
Guilin(close to Hong Kong)
Other