5.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

CHINA CULTURE TOUR

China Culture Tour has been focusing on tailor-made luxury China tours more than 12 years and has served thousands of high-end clients including business owners, CEOs, lawyers, dentists, artists, photographers, company groups, school groups, etc. from all over the world.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 31, 2017

9 CHINA CULTURE TOUR Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

China Culture Tour organized a 15 day private tour for us in October 2017. This was our second travel to China and we mentioned in our inquiry a handful of places and landmarks we wanted to visit. Within less than 24 hours Nora from China Culture Tour responded with a detailed 10 page quote for an itinerary including exactly the sites we wanted to see in the price range we had asked for. We proposed a few minor changes and in no time we received the final adjusted quote.

The tour itself exceeded our expectations by far. At every airport and train station of the itinerary we were expected by our tour guides and drivers. We never had to wait a single minute. All the hotels we stayed at were flawless, some had even the "wow" effect China Culture Tour had promised. Restaurants for lunch time were well selected and introduced us to the local cuisine. The many sightseeing tours were well selected, interesting and enjoyable and our private guides all proved to be well informed and answered our numerous questions with pleasure. At every departure we had the feeling to leave good friends behind. All in all, this tour was virtually flawless and we would like to thank China Culture Tour for a unique experience and unforgettable memories.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We used China Culture Tour to arrange a comprehensive tour of China from our arrival on September 11, 2017 thru our departure on September 29, 2017. We originally planned on a trip in the spring of 2018 and had essentially finished designing that tour when we changed to the above time. The China Culture Tour coordinator worked very closely with us and was able to rearrange our site tour as originally planned to meet the new timeline. We visited the sites in Beijing, the Great Wall, Ancient City of Pingyao, X'ian, Guilin, Longsheng, Ping'an Zhuang Village & ice fields, Li River Cruise, Yangshuo, Hangzhou, Tunxi, the Yellow Mountains and Huangshan before departing from Shanghai for the US.

This was a tour where we were met by a guide with a driver at every stop, delivered to our hotel, guided around each location, and delivered to either our train or airport. The guides were very knowledgeable and spoke very good English. In addition, our guides were very helpful in arranging additional sites that were not on our itinerary. Our accommodations were as shown on our itinerary. The tour price included breakfast and lunch.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Our family took a two weeks tour arranged by Lydia at China Culture Tour and we were very pleased with her responsiveness, thoughtful itinerary, and her outstanding selection of city guides, drivers, and hotels. The price was also reasonable and good value. I highly recommend Lydia and CCT.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We just returned from an amazing 20 day trip through China all arranged by Lydia from China Culture Tours. What I loved best is she arranged for daily private tours in each of the cities we visited that allowed us to spend as much or as little time as we liked in each site. Each morning start with a sumptuous buffet with our daily guide taking us to local lunch spots that were not tourist traps. From Beijing to Hong Kong we felt so well cared for and were taken to the hot spots with easy. Never taken to any forced shopping places. I would highly recommend traveling with them again. Thanks again for a lovely vacation.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Our China tour of 21 days was organised by China Culture Tour. Nora ** was my travel consultant. She discussed with me all fine details of the tour and organised very efficiently as per our requirements. The guides and driver were very helpful and cooperative. The guide in Beijing Ruth & Sherry and guide in Lhasa called Lhama went extra mile to help us. Similarly driver Jack in Beijing went extra mile to help us. I would not have any hesitation to recommend China Culture Tour to my friends and family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CHINA CULTURE TOUR?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

We highly recommend China Culture Tour. Grace planned 2 weeks in China personalized to our preferences. We stayed in excellent hotels, flew First Class or Business (if that was the best available on the flights we took). In each city we had our own car/driver & English speaking guide. All of this at a reasonable price. We greatly enjoyed everything we saw and did.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We returned from our 10 day trip to China a few weeks ago, and we could not have been happier with our experience with China Culture Tours. We had an unbelievable and amazing trip, thanks to Nora's insightful planning and helpful advice, and our knowledgeable and wonderful guides in Beijing, Xian, Guilin, and Shanghai. Nora was fantastic in every way, always quick to respond to emails and extremely patient and helpful despite my many itinerary changes. We were very late in planning our trip (I first contacted Nora only 3 months before departure) and Nora was still able to make all of the arrangements to perfection. In each city we had a clean, air-conditioned and modern mini-van so we had plenty of room (there were 3 of us-my 2 adult daughters and myself) and we were provided with bottles of water each day. Our drivers were skilled and always very nice and helpful.

Breakfast and lunch were included in our package, and we really enjoyed all of the hotel breakfasts and the restaurants we went to for lunch. The allowance we had each day for lunch was definitely more than enough for us to choose many different items from the menu, and we appreciated our guides suggestions and help with ordering. The food was great! Our hotels were all luxurious and wonderful! We stayed at the Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing Hotel, the Wyndham Grand Xian South, the Shangri-La Hotel Guilin, and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai. The location of each hotel was perfect!

Our guides were all fantastic! We had Rico in Beijing, Amy in Xian, Linda in Guilin and Kris in Shanghai. Each guide was so helpful and eager to show us the beautiful sites in their city! We loved all of our guides, but a special shout-out to Linda, who was so very kind and helpful, and who put on a poncho and a big smile as we rode around Yangshuo in the rain! Kris was great to be with and so helpful when we changed our plan during the day, and we really enjoyed our time with Amy as we toured Xian. Rico took us to the Great Wall at Huanghuacheng and we had the wall almost to ourselves!

Our guides also arranged for us to see some shows in the evenings, and we appreciated their suggestions to see these performances. Each guide met us at the airport or train station (the high-speed train was a wonderful way to travel! ), checked us into our hotel, and helped us check-in for the next leg of our journey. Every detail was taken care of perfectly!

We had so many amazing experiences during our trip to China, and my only regret is that we didnt have more time. China Culture Tours provided us with a spectacular vacation! We visited so many historic sites, hiked along the Great Wall, saw beautiful temples, tasted wonderful teas, rode bikes on Xians city wall and in the Yangshuo countryside, took a beautiful cruise on the Li River, met a local family and helped to make dumplings in their home, and experienced the amazing culture of China first-hand. I would love to return to China one day, and when I do I will definitely use China Culture Tours for our next trip.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

To start, they could not have been more responsive to every question I had before we departed for China. I had full confidence that everything promised in the trip would be met. Grace, in particular, was even kind enough to meet us when we came through Guilin on our tour. During the tour, they met or exceeded all our expectations. There really were not any glitches or snags along the way. When we wanted to change up a plan, our guide Linda seemingly effortlessly made it happen. We stayed in very nice lodges and hotels and Linda always brought us to an interesting place to eat. We have wonderful memories of the terraced rice fields and the Li River. Don't hesitate for a moment to book with China Culture Tour!

Original review: July 23, 2017

My husband and I planned a trip to Beijing with my in-laws from Southern China in October. We booked a customized Beijing tour through "CHINA CULTURE TOUR." This was a great tour as we got to pick the places we wanted to see and didn't have to go anywhere else we want to, as it was a private tour. I have taken a tour with a different tour company in the province of Hainan before, and it was terrible because they made you go to shopping places that overcharged you for souvenirs. But China Culture Tour only took us shopping when we wanted to, and they advised us on what was a good price!

It was also nice that when we want to eat at good and reasonably priced Chinese restaurants that they offered advice on what was good on the menus. Their suggestions were great! As we booked a private tour, we had our own tour guide and our own driver with our own van. Everyone that we dealt with was great: our initial trip coordinators Morgan and Grace; our tour guide, Jackie and even the driver were all very friendly and had good English skills. I would definitely recommend this tour company to make your vacation your own way!

CHINA CULTURE TOUR Company Information

2002
Guilin(close to Hong Kong)
Other