Cheap Trips

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They called to say I had a membership under Cheap Trips - not so. I believe the name we purchased under was Coast to Coast and at that time it was campgrounds. Anyway I supposedly had a lifetime membership worth $5000 that they will be happy to renew for life for $599. They told me it was legal ownership for life and could be willed to my family. They wanted a decision right now. I told them I wasn't able to do that and asked if they would call back on Monday. We will see whether or not they call back but thanks to your website you confirmed a lot of my suspicions. So - now I have my answer ready. Thanks so much for contacting me but no thanks!!

Cheap Trips no longer exists, nor does Coast to Coast; now it is Dream Vacation Passport. They are a hard sell also, with a $499 lifetime membership package. They claim they informed all Cheap Trips members by email that they had purchased Cheap Trips, probably landed in the Spam folder. They have a fancy new website that is very attractive. BEWARE of LIFETIME anything with businesses offering such ridiculous discounts. What you see may not be what you get.

I purchased two flight vouchers for $400 per voucher and could not get a refund on them, even though due to extenuating circumstances, my travel partner and I could not use them before the expiration date. Cheap Trips has incredibly shady business practices and from what I am reading on this forum, rarely gives an easy refund or a break to their members. This matter was made worse by the fact that I paid them $70 to be a lifetime member and got nothing from the membership that I could have found elsewhere for free. Cheap Trips is definitely a scam company. Caveat emptor.

Back in 2005, shortly before I took a trip to Miami, FL, I vaguely remember getting a call from Cheap Trips. Thinking at the time I could use it, I went ahead and signed up. My circumstances then changed and I completely forgot about the program. Fast forward to about 6 months to a year ago, I got a call from Coast to Coast saying they were taking over Cheap Trips and trying to take care of the last of their members who had not used their membership. I explained that I am a 24/7 around-the-clock caregiver now and that with these circumstances; I am no longer interested in the program.

I was then bullied into believing that because I did not want to purchase any further packages, others who had invested thousands of dollars were going to be losing out. In essence, their argument was that people had put in thousands of dollars so that I could get this good deal. I not only spoke with the representative but also with his superior. I almost went ahead and purchased something because I was made to feel so badly. But I stuck to my guns and declined. Even after extensive explanation of my circumstances and those I care for, they still wanted to make a sale. Now, as of yesterday, I got another phone call that my mom answered for me since I was not at home and the person she spoke with claims that “I” owe them thousands of dollars! I don't think so! So glad I found this site to see what a scam this company is. If they continue to harass me, I will make a simple call to Pre-Paid Legal and that should end that!

Several years ago, I purchased a package for my family and my daughter’s family from Cheap Trips, which I never was able to use. But since it was a lifetime membership, I wasn't too worried. Then in October 2012, I was called by Coast to Coast Grand Getaways who told me that they had bought out Cheap Trips and that I too had $3000 in equity which I could use towards any of the packages/trips I wanted to take. This new program cost me something like $350.00. I was also told that I should contact my "personal vacation specialist" whenever I wanted to book a trip and he would take care of everything.

In March 2012, I called Great Getaways to arrange a round trip for my son to come home from HI, but was told at that time that we could not use any of the items in our packet because of blackout periods for when he was going to travel. I asked at that time if I could use my $3000 in equity, but the person I spoke to (not my personal vacation specialist) said that I did not have any equity and she did not know what that meant. Is there anyway to get my money back for this bogus package? This is ridiculous. These people should be put out of business. Because of this nonsense, I don't do any transactions over the phone, not for charities, donations, or anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cheap Trips?

I have been very dissatisfied with Cheap Trips for quite some time. I received a call today from this other company that says that Cheap Trips had too many clients and they were having a hard time keeping everything straight. They said I had over $3,000 in "equity" that would carry over from Cheap Trips. I was offered a great deal just like the previous commenters. They said that the credit card they had on file was expired. Would I give them a new card number? They were in a hurry to get me to purchase a package. I asked them to email me the information. The guy seemed a little annoyed that he didn't make a sale. They, of course, had the wrong email address from Cheap Trips even after I had called them on numerous occasions to give them the correct email.

Cheap Trips never sent me anything via regular or email after I was foolish enough to pay for an offer about 5 or 6 years ago. Still, I have not received an email from the guy I talked to today. But I'm not very surprised since they're obviously as big of a scam as Cheap Trips was! And why would you ever have to pay for "equity" you had previously acquired from another company? If they're transferring ownership, it should have been just a transfer and no additional fee. Hang up when these guys call!

Well, I got a call this morning from a company called "Coast to Coast." According to him, I had a membership with Cheap Trips. He went on to ask me whether I received my 4 free airline tickets. I was not sure what he was talking about. He told me that Cheap Trips is treating more than 30,000 customers and I was one of them. Since Cheap Trips used the "Coast to Coast" name, they are compensating the Cheap Trips customers. He went on to give all these benefits: 4 free airline tickets, free resort stay anywhere in 95 countries, and I can list 10 people. Also they are offering one (1) year membership for $249 and two (2) year membership for $349. He said in order to keep my account open, I need to give him my credit card number.

I asked him to put everything he told me in writing and mail it to me. He said once I give him my credit card number, I will receive an email from him confirming membership and another email for how to access different resorts or whatever. I told him I need to discuss with my partner (I am single with no partner). He said I need to commit or my account will be closed. I did not commit, but I told him to call back on Monday. He had my name and address, but he had to ask for my phone number. This is a scam. You will end up like Cheap Trips. I think Cheap Trips is operating under Coast to Coast Tickets. Google Coast to Coast Tickets scam and you will see the same thing. Remember - if it sounds too good to be true, it ain't true!

I was offered to purchase two sets of two tickets that I could use anywhere in the country for up to a year. What I received for $108 was a voucher for $100 towards a single flight that totaled over $750. First of all, I am not going on a flight that costs over $750. Second of all, I was going to use the tickets to visit our two sons who are in college out of state. One is in Colorado and the other is in Boston. Thanks.

George

They keep calling me. I've told them numerous times to stop, but they won't! They call me three times a day! It's literally making me insane. Please tell them to stop calling me!

I bought two plane tickets with them. My wife's last name got changed suddenly and also, the airlines changed my returning flight from non-stop to one stop without asking my permission or anything. To fix these issues, I called the cheapTickets.com about four times. Through tedious phone calls, the problems seem to be fixed. Unfortunately, when I got to the counter at the airport, the airline representative told me not only was my wife's name fixed but also we were on a separate airplane on the returning flight.

What the heck did they do on my schedule. I asked them two simple things, but the results were totally out of expectation. Well, we had to be seated separately on departing flight due to the complication. I don't know what kind of trouble is ahead on the returning flight.

I was contacted about nine months ago and was offered a great lifetime membership for $199.99 plus four free airline tickets, $100.00 gas card, and an eight days and seven nights vacation. I spoke to my husband about this for a couple of days and we decided that it would really be worth it as we have never really had a family vacation in about ten years. We were not really financially able to purchase but we did because it was just too good to pass up.

We received our package in the mail and tried to use it; however everything was same price with or without membership, so many stipulations for packages. We drove from North Ga to Key West with email confirmation in hand, however the hotel had never heard of our reservation. We were able to buy one room there and then we had to find a much cheaper hotel for a couple of days.

My mother felt bad and actually wired us gas money to get back so we could use our money to get a hotel so that our son would not be disappointed anymore as he was so excited. Although we had a fantastic time, it was a horrible experience that I wish on no one!

Now we can't get in touch with the company. There was no websites, phone numbers, e mail or anything that works and I have tried everything. I know I can never be refunded because it was long ago but I will definitely do my research first next time and if the company doesn't want to give me time to do so then it isn't a legit company. I felt so sick to my stomach with this. Thank God I am a firm believer in karma.

I had panic attacks when we got to our destination and the hotel had no information of our reservation. My son has some health issues that were made worse because he was so upset.

I tried to ask about the tickets I paid for. She did not have time to listen or maybe I did not understand her. She hung up the phone on me. Now, I paid for these tickets, and I would like to use them. I need someone other than her to call me at **. I asked for a supervisor, but got no answers. Can someone email me another phone number that I can use?

I was called by someone from CheapTrips in May 2010 and got sucked in by this scam of a company to join and they had me believe that I would receive this incredible travel packet and I would receive all these free items, but when it came down to it nothing was free. It took almost 4 months to receive the packet and while I was trying to find out where the package was they tried to scam me again by telling me they would send me a free gas card and something else and I fell for it until I got my statement showing 2 separate charges of $4.95.

When I called to find out they said I agreed to it and I said they never told me about a fee so they did play back our phone conversation and since they failed to mention the money they did give me back the 2 charges of $4.95 but what about the $108.95 they scammed from me for this fraud of a packet. When I finally did receive the packet that took 4 months to get, I was totally mislead in what they offered, so I called right away and explained the entire situation and wanted a refund. They said I had to send an email to ** at ** to get my refund. I did on September 14, 2010 then was told I did not give enough information, so I sent another email on September 16, 2010 and waited the full 60 days and still no refund. So I called and emailed to find out they had a glitch in their systems and had to resubmit it and on top of it they tried to convince me to stay through many emails that were sent back and forth.

So on December 2, 2010, they stated "We do feel sorry that we were unable to come to a resolution on this case by addressing the issue regarding the reason of cancellation. Once your refund has process you will be notified Resolutions Office". So again I waited another 60 days, still no refund and now they will not respond to any of my emails. I have filed a complaint through BBB and they have tried to get a hold of someone and they couldn't so they referred me to the Camden Co. Division of Consumer Protection/Weights & Measures and I am filing a complaint to them as well as your company. I cannot believe that a scam of a company like Cheaptrips/free airfare is still in business. Can you help and can anything be done to this fraudulent company?

Two phone calls a week apart offering unbelievable deals (first call did not come up as Cheap Trips on my caller ID). On the second call, I asked for written information through the mail or a web address which could not be provided. The only way that I was offered access to this great travel $99 deal was to give out my credit card information on the telephone which I was uncomfortable doing.

I checked with Cheap trips Air Courier Association with whom I am a Lifetime member. I was told that there are various deals out there being offered through Cheap Trips. He wasn't concerned nor should I be concerned about giving out my credit card information over the phone. I had been offered this deal because I was a Lifetime Member of Cheaptrips.com Air Courier Association.

When I told him that I had been given contradictory information on hotel stays - whether or not I would pay for these, had been offered a condo for a week free, etc., he could not clarify and did not express concern. I asked for a refund for my lifetime membership, for I do not do business like this. He told me that I could get a refund only if I had bought within 30 days.

Buyer Beware: I have received nothing from Cheap Trips Air Courier Association since becoming a lifetime member in 1999. Their business practices, in my opinion, are shaky and scary. Their customer service department sucks.

About 4 years ago, I got a life time membership to Cheap trips. I think I paid 100.00 at the time. Well, I got a call from this Galin Dude saying they were calling members who had not used their membership and he was offering me a deal of a lifetime. I was to get a 10.00 WalMart card, a $10.00 Shopper's direct card, $100.00 Savings Bond and a choice of 4 trips I could go on.

They would send me this package and let me know through the email that it was coming. The order confirmation # 67599 as given to me. One deal was one week in Hawaii for 332.00 at a 5 star Hotel. 40 to 80% off flights. After 3 weeks, I never received my package. I called this number 1-800-211-5119 which is customer service and was told they would send it out again. After another week, I called again. Same thing, but I got wise and looked on Google and saw all the complaints against them. I paid them another 100.00 for this so called "deal".

How can they still be in business and rip off so many people? I hate that I let them do this to me once again. I am too trusting that people will do what they say they will do. They should be closed down. I want my money back, but that hasn't happened either.

I had to quit my job of making 45,000.00 a year because my son was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 4.5. I really couldn't afford to do this, but after 3 years of battling this disease, I felt my husband and I needed a break to try and and enjoy each other without the word cancer being all around you.

I am sending them a letter and hope I can get some of my money back as we are just getting the runaround. On August 9, 2009, I paid $100 to go on a trip. But I was never able to get any help after calling several times and using the computer. On May 20, 2010, my husband talked to Wendale **. He paid $49 for 2 round trip tickets for 2 people to Las Vegas. He would send the tickets in 6 weeks but the tickets never came. I called customer service but got no answer, no call back. I finally got though on 7-23-2010. They told me to write a letter, but the time was up in 30 days.

They told me to call 1-866-391-1800. But the travel agent said we could not get the trip for that amount. It would cost $385 more and it would take several more hours. My identification number is **. I would like my money back. I am sending a letter to this refund supervisor in Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08034. But I have given up hope of even getting an answer. And it took me this long to get an address which Elma gave me.

On December 28, 2009, I received a phone call from Cheap Trips for a promotion that was for a hotel and airline tickets to anywhere I wanted to go within the United States for $99. I asked if this included my husband Fred and was told yes. When I received my credit card bill, I had 2 charges for Cheap Trips for $99. I immediately called them and was informed that it was $99 per person, so I asked them to cancel both packages and to credit my account. They said that I needed to review the paperwork and decline and ask for refund then. When I finally received my paperwork, I was again surprised that the package was limited to certain hotels and airlines. I signed that I declined and sent the paperwork back as requested.

On February 3, 2010, my husband received a phone call from Cheap Trips offering him the same thing for $99 plus S&H totaling to $108.95. When I came home from work, he told me about this and I reminded him that we had just cancelled the same deal. The next morning, we received a phone call from Cheap Trips telling us that Fred's charges were not accepted by the credit card company and he was asked for a different card. Once again, we told them that we wanted to cancel and were told that we needed to send the paperwork back and were offered the deal for $99.The paperwork had already been sent. When we received the paperwork, we did not even open it. We were instructed by told by Cheap Trips to just send back with “return to sender” on the envelopes. So we did. So here it is, June 11, 2010. As of yet, after numerous phone calls and promises of refunds, we have yet to see a dime. We were charged the 2 payments of $108.95 and 3 charges of $99 for a total rip-off of $514.90.

After purchasing a package for my "review first", I decided, I didn't want it as it was not as represented and I therefore returned it exactly to the address in Cherry Hill, NJ, where it was indicated, getting a reference #, etc. When I called to question when my money would be credited, I was then told it would take 60-90 days. Meanwhile, I got a little surprise from my bank that month, when I received an overdrawn notice. After some research, I discovered that Cheap Trips gave me the before taxes amount of the package, never mentioning the full amount that would be charged. Cheap Trips caused a snowball effect on my checking account and caused four checks to bounce because of their negligence in disclosure of the true amount of the package.

They refused to take any responsibility for that, they wouldn't even hear or consider it. After the 60 day period of time, no money was refunded, I called and was told their offices moved and it probably was an oversight, that the money would be refunded in 10 days. Ten days came and went. A month later, I called and asked to speak to a manager who was not in the office, but was due in. I explained the problem and was told that the manager would call me, which he never did. I sent an email to customer service the following day, requesting for an answer. I never got a response.

I called yet the next day to speak to the manager. I was told that the manager had the request from two days previous and that he would return my call in the order of complaint and then my money would be returned within 7 to 14 days. I have yet to receive anything. I would also like to note that during this conversation, I spoke to Ed, who was so very rude. He hung up on me twice, refused to give me his employee number, and was as sarcastic as could be. When I mentioned that because of the original employee's negligence in disclosing the full amount of the package, he stated that I shouldn't have my checking account so close to the dollar. I wanted to scream at the audacity of this idiot. Ed made this whole experience so much more frustrating. Initial charge of $108.95. Insufficient Funds Charge due to Cheap Trips employee's misrepresentation of package cost: $33.00. Subsequent Insufficient Funds Charges due to Cheap Trips employee's misrepresentation of package cost: $99.00, totaling to $240.95.

I was hounded by phone calls every day until I finally answered to tell them to leave me alone. They describe this package for airline tickets and other things for $99.00. I agreed on the package on Jan 14th and on the 15th, they took the money out of my charge card. I was told I had 45days to look over the package. I waited and waited for the package. I called several times all with different stories from each customer service person. It took over two months before I received this package, by this time, I had already called and told them to cancel this package and refund my money. They told me I had to wait to get the package first and then I had to send it back.

So I finally received it. I didn't open it, wrote on it, “already cancelled please refund my money” and mailed it returned to sender. It has been almost a month no refund. I called them again to find out where my money was and was told they have no record of my package ever being returned. They gave an email address to write it doesn't exist either. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and I would like everyone who has been scammed by this company to please twitter, Facebook , blog or anything you can to stop this company. Thank you.

I received a call in June of 2009 to join and receive 4 free tickets + 1 $100 Airline Rebate Certificate + 10 x $10 Gas Rebate. My membership came to $119.90 and would be valid through 12/31/8888. I was encouraged to give the names of others who might see the value in this membership. I gave the info of my 2 daughters and was told I could cancel them within 10 days. I was also assured that I could use my free tickets to fly anywhere in the continental US.

I asked if there were any requirements and they said I would have to spend at least one night at a hotel. I explained one night would be okay but my travels would be to see family and friends. They said no problem. I thought, “Wow! What a deal!”. What a deal alright. Too good to be true and so it is. Five days later I called and canceled the membership for my daughters. It had already been put on my card and I was told to fax a letter stating the fact I was canceling the two. I have yet to see my refund or have anyone call me back.

I call repeatedly and have left messages, but no one returns my call. I have been told to call Chris and every time, he is either not there or on another call and will return my call. He must be a phantom. When I use my ID, the site comes up unavailable. I found out my tickets are for places I have no desire to go and there are all sorts of strings attached. I am furious and disgusted with this shabby company and their bad ethics. I have spent much time trying to get a refund and they have ignored me.

My next step will be to get an attorney and find a way to shut them done. I am financially out of pocket $359.70 and have received nothing in return. This is a scam and it needs to be stopped.

This is the second complaint I am registering regarding Cheap Trips. In June, I was called by one of their telemarketers and told that if I joined Cheap Trips, I would be eligible to get discounted airline tickets. I would also receive with my package of $50 in gas vouchers and 2 free airline tickets. Then the telemarketer told me that I would have to stay in their hotels in order to get the discounted airline tickets. Since I own timeshare, I told him that that wouldn't make any sense for me to do. Well, of course, the gas vouchers and free airline tickets would be worth the price of membership so I told him to go ahead and send me the package. He told me that if I changed my mind, I could keep the vouchers and free tickets. I received the package and lo and behold, no free tickets and no vouchers.

However, in the meantime, Cheap Trips had taken out two payments of $59.95 each, one in June and the other in July. I sent the package back in July because according to their website, I could send it back by registered and certified mail and I will get a full refund. I called in September and I was told that the refund would be coming back in the next billing cycle. I called them again in November and I was told the same thing. Then in December, I got their e-mail address and I sent them an e-mail since they wouldn't return my calls.

They sent me an e-mail that I would receive a full refund within 5 to 7 working days. Guess what? No refund. I started calling again. In the meantime, they moved and their phones were down for about a month. Then they said that a supervisor would be calling me back. I'm still waiting for that to happen then last week, Ed told me that I had sent the package back too late. I had sent the package back after the 30 days were up to send it back. He also said that he had talked to me for 9 minutes and he was hanging up because that was too long to talk to anyone. I still haven't talked to any of the supervisors or refund inquiry personnel even though their representatives keep telling me they are going to call me back in one to two business days.

On November 13th, I was just about to walk out the door for a wedding when the phone rang. It was "Cheap Tickets." The woman was very nice and told me that I was entitled to 4 round tickets to anywhere within the US since I was a good customer and they had noticed that as a member of Cheap Tickets, I hadn't been using my membership. Honestly, I had forgotten they tricked me the last time. This woman told me they were the best deal around; the cost of $99 was just to cover the issuance of the tickets, absolutely "no tricks," etc. Since I was in a hurry and it sounded good to me, I said yes. Then I got another phone call within minutes to confirm my "upgrade in membership." I said I didn't request one nor did I want one.

Well, I immediately cancelled the whole thing and asked that my card not be charged. I received a cancellation confirmation number and then was told I needed to call customer service to verify it, which I did. I was told I needed to call back on Monday as it was Friday and nothing could be done until it was a business day. I did that. I've called numerous times, have not gotten thru, have not received a credit back to my card, and finally logged a complaint with BBB. I've gotten no where, nor have I received any credit back. I'm now logging this complaint and also am contacting the NJ District Attorney’s office for consumer affairs. This company is a scam big time. They need to be closed and put out of business; they've hurt many people and scammed them out of their hard earned money, not even fulfilling their promises. I'm a single person and can't afford to be cheated out of money I've worked hard for by cheap tricks from Cheap Tickets.

In June of 2009, I was called by a telemarketer regarding Cheap Trips. The gentleman said I would receive 2 free airline tickets and $50 in gas vouchers when I received my package. I told him it sounded interesting. He then told me I would have to use their hotels when I traveled. I told him my husband and I own timeshare and don't need a hotel when we travel. He persuaded me to sign up anyway stating the two free airline tickets and gas vouchers would be worth the price of the membership. He also said if I was dissatisfied, I could keep the vouchers and airline tickets and gas vouchers and my money would be refunded. So I received the package without any gas vouchers and also no airline tickets. However, Cheap Trips debited my checking account in June and July for $59.95.

I went to their website and found that if I returned the package registered and certified, I would receive a refund of my money within 30 days. So I sent their package back and someone in their office signed for it July 17th. Since then, I have contacted them on their customer hot line numerous times. I have been told 4 times that my money would be refunded within 7 to 10 business days. I have not received a refund and it is now December 30, 2009. Now their toll-free customer line is disconnected. They are an unscrupulous company who feels they can put a 30-day customer guaranteed refund in their contract but not be held to it.

Just like many others on this message board, I was contacted by CheapTrips to join a vacation club where I would get 4 free round trip tickets plus many other travels perks. I initially said no as I have tried these types of things before and have not been satisfied. However, I agreed and authorized the transaction. I asked the representative several times the "exact" amount that would be debited and was told $99. I was also given a PIN #, a member hotline number, a website, the ID number of the representatives.

Once I went to the website with the account number and PIN, I found it was invalid and to join, it would cost me another $35.99. I called backed immediately and told them I wished to cancel (within 20 minutes). At this point, she said my account was cancelled and I asked specifically about whether any charges had gone through and was told "no." On Sept. 14, 2009, I saw a charge of $108.95 appear on my statement. I did not initially try to dispute it with my bank as I felt that I had authorized it initially and wanted to give Cheap Trips the opportunity to correct the error. I was told that unfortunately the charge had already gone through and would take one billing cycle.

I called back on Oct. 14, 2009 and was advised (by Denise) that "no, I think you were told one to two billing cycles; sometimes it takes two." I called back again on November 13, 2009 and was told, "I see that you have been waiting since September for this, let me expedite this for you." Then I was told it would take 10 days. I called back in exactly 10 days and was told "it's 10-14 business days" and was informed that the refund should be posted by December 8th, 2009. I called back on December 8th and all of the numbers I was given and the numbers showing on the website (which appears to still be active) were now disconnected. Unfortunately, although my bank was more than willing to file a dispute, the 60 days had expired and they said there was not a lot that they could do.

I also have had a horrendous experience with Cheap Trips. In June I was called by a telemarketer and induced to join Cheap Trips because of the "free" airline tickets and "free" gas vouchers. When I received the packet there were no free airline tickets and no gas vouchers attached. In July I sent the package back certified and registered. (after the company had taken out two payments of $59.95) I am still waiting for my refund. I have contacted the company in November and about once a day since the first of December. I was told the refund inquirey person would call me back and of course I haven't heard from this mystery person. Now I see on their website that they are selling common stock in their compay to their members. It's amazing that they can do this and still not have good customer service.

I paid $119.95 for membership and cancelled within the 30 day trial period b/c I was not satisfied with the accomadations provided when I searched online. They received their folder back after I cancelled in June 2009. I was told I would be refunded in 1-2 billing cylcles. I have not received my refund up to now November 30th 2009!

I have called several times and given no reason why I did not receive my refund, only to call back if I did not receive it in weeks. Then after calling 6 times and speaking to a manager named Chris, he hung up the phone on me twice. NO REFUND OR INFO ON WHEN I SHOULD RECEIVE MY MONEY!

I was scammed by Cheap Trips. com to purchase a travel package. The promotional offer was that Cheap Trips would give two free airline tickets with a travel membership and the customer representative promsied that even though I cancelled the membership that I would get my refund.

I purchased only one travel package but I was charged for two. The company took $119.00 out of my cheking account for the travel membership. I cancelled my membership with CheapTrips and I never received a package with the two free airline tickets from Cheap Trips. I send my cancellation by mail and spoke to a customer representative on July 15, 2009 and she reassured me that I was going to get my refund after 60 days.

After 60 days, I did not received any refund from CheapTrips. I contacted CheapTrips and the company promsied that my refund would be processed to my account on Oct 29, 2009 and they failed to refund me once again. I called CheapTrips and the representative set me up for an appointment to speak with the customer reprsentative on Nov 18, 2009 and the supervisor did not cooperate and he does not want to give me a refund.

This is a fraudalent company and I would hate to see another consumer go through the pain that I experience with this company. They promsied to give you services and they do not give it to you. Once they get your money, they do not want to give it back to you! This situation cause me emotional stress and it cause me to have NSF charges in my account!

This company is SO BAD! I fell for joining their travel club a few years back because I was told I would get two free tickets to anywhere in the US, UK and several other countries. I wanted to go to the UK and was told my tickets would be sent out with my member's information.

I received some sort of members packet, but no tickets. I made many phone calls and nothing was ever done about this. Each time it was a different person I spoke with and the person I spoke with before was not known by the current sales rep.

The second sales rep. told me she did not know who told me I would get two free tickets, but that was not the case! I asked for my money to be refunded and was told, reluctantly, that it would be refunded if I was dissatisfied. I never got a refund and never got free tickets. I've never got anything at all out of my "so called membership!"

The last thing I did was to finally write to someone whose name I got that I was told was their "supervisor." I sent in my story/complaint. Never heard another thing. However...

I have started receiving phone calls from Cheap Trips again. One was just last week. Each time they say, "since you are a lifetime member, (I paid a pretty good price for my life time membership!) for just $99.00 more you can get...." They go on and on telling you all these things you get...all these trips. It's almost comical now that I've gotten past the point of ever expecting to get any money back...or two free tickets to the UK! It's like one of those late night TV infomercials where you get everything but the kitchen sink if you just buy one item for $19.99! Only in this case, it's another $99.00 and you get to fly from here to heaven, you and your family (I'm exaggerating, of course!)for this little bit of money. Why? Because I'm a life time member, of course!

This company is a real joke only it is at other people's expense. I've owned up to the fact that I was suckered into something that sounded too good to be true, and I was gullible enough to believe it. Guess I got what I deserved! Just glad it was not any worse.

I purchased a vacation membership and get away plan from cheaptrips and I am still waiting for some information to be mailed to me. I was suppose to have 30 days to decide about the get away plan and I have yet to receive any info in the mail about that and the 30 days have passed. I have been told several times that it has been mailed - it hasn't been mailed - it will be mailed. Each person you talk to have a different answer. no one is being truthful. I have faxed in a request to cancell the get way plan and I expect my $99 refund back, but these people owe so many refunds, and they have been waiting for months. It's a whole new year, from 08, and people are still waiting for refunds from last year. There are hundreds, thousands of complaints about this company. Why are they allowed to continue doing business and taking advantage of us. This is not fair. Someone needs to put an end to this, please help us. There are so many complaints on the internet. I had no idea that this company was so dishonest. I failed to check on the internet about their standing, but I had heard of cheap tickets before and I thought they were alright.

This is my second complaint to consumer affairs about this company. Back on September 24th I filed a complaint in regards to a refund that I have been waiting up to three months for. The exact amount out of my account was $59.95. I explained in detail in my previous complaint the issue I was having. After I filed my complaint I called Cheaptrips back and told them that I wanted to speak with a supervisor so I left my number for someone to call me back. I was told that a "supervisor" would call me back within 24 hours. On Friday I got a call from a representative setting up a telephone call for me to call on the 5th of October between 10am and 4pm to speak with a supervisor named Chris. I just got off the phone with this Chris character who was not only rude but didn't even resolve or explain the issue of why it was taking so long for my refund. And to be clear I was told the "supervisor needed time to look over my account to see why it was taking so long for my refund". That is why my appointment was made almost 2 weeks in advance. Chris proceeded to not only be slow and quiet while I was on the phone but to ask me my name about 4 times and then asking me to spell it a 5th time. Pretty redundent. Then he went on to tell me that my refund was issued on the 2nd of October back to my account in the amount of $50.00 because there was a processing fee of $9.95, which at no point in any of my phone calls to cheaptrips was I ever told, and that my refund would show in my account in 7 business days. So on the 24th of September I was told that my refund of $59.95 was reprocessed and would take 7-10 business days which would have been Wednesday the 7th of October, and now after getting off the phone with Chris, the supervisor, it was gonna take another 7 business days which makes it either the 14th or 15th of October.

Then when I started to tell him that I was never told there was a processing fee and that I was told my refund would be in full, he said that if I was not happy with the refund that it would only delay the process of me receiving my refund. In other words he said he would stop the refund of the $50.00 and submit a request for the $9.95. So basically it was either I took it or waited longer. Then I said why does he need to do that to give me an explanation and he said he could not discuss it with me at the moment because he did not have time. I waited 6 business days for our appointment for him to tell me that he could not discuss that with me that I would have to wait and call back. When I addressed this fact to him he continued to say that he was going to disconnect my call in 30 seconds so I either agreed to the $50.00 refund or not because he "had other complaints to deal with". So from Chris' own mouth I'm obviously not the only dissatisfied customer. When I told him I had already filed a complaint to consumer affairs he said "many people have filed complaints the company has been around for over 20 years".... So what does that mean exactly? Nothing is being done on the consumer's behalf that this company is continueing to provide horrible service and keep people's refund for almost 3 months and then not even giving them there full refund? Something needs to be done. I told Chris to refund my $50.00 because I refuse to wait for it any longer but their policies are seriously flawed if this is how they are conducting business. And I hope something can be done so that I can receive the remainder of my refund for a membership I cancelled within their 30 day period policy. Also I hope something is done so that other people who may be experiencing a similar problem with this company and don't have the time or the patience maybe to sit and write a complaint about it can get some closure themselves.

Cheap Trips Company Profile