2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.82/5

Celebrity Cruises Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Celebrity Cruises?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Celebrity Cruises?

Original review: April 11, 2020

I've been on Celebrity Reflection (2 wk Caribbean) and Solstice (Alaska) and both were amazing all the way around and I really went all out on everything being my first vacay in like 10 years (other than local weekend gigs). The crew was awesome, extremely helpful, room servants were the best (I tipped extra), were there 24/7 if needed, food was great, amenities were awesome (I got several massages, gym workouts with a PT and shows). They had all sorts of nightlife, clubs and bars, had a putting green, super giant big screen TV, art auctions (got several amazing deals), casino if you into that - gosh what didn't they have... That is the question. I would highly recommend them - and Celebrity is a bit more upscale and posh with the clientelle too, but they can sure party it up just the same.

Original review: April 7, 2020

First, the embarkation process on this 16-day cruise was the most organized and simple process I've been through, and I've been on at least 8-10 cruises. We arrived early and expected to wait in a long line for the designated check-in time, however, they went ahead and allowed us to start early. We couldn't go to our room immediately, but had plenty of areas to explore. Second, every staff/crew member was friendly, professional, helpful and seem to really care about our comfort.

There was always enough food available at all times and could even order room service if wanted or needed. Most of the excursions sold out pretty quickly, however, you could be placed on a wait list and this worked out for us on one particular excursion which pleased us very much. Would suggest ordering excursion prior to sailing as the prices are a bit cheaper. There was plenty of on-board activities for anyone who wanted to participate, and they looked pretty fun for all ages. My favorite activity was the ceremony to mark the crossing over the equator, crew and passengers had a great time. Disembarkation was also very organized and the buffet was open so you could eat while awaiting your turn to depart. We had a balcony room and loved it, however, the rooms with a window only looked nice too as the window was quite large.

Get buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2020

This cruise line was by far the best we have ever taken. The service was amazing, the food was excellent and the onboard entertainment was second to none. The waiters in the dining room were very professional adding immensely to our culinary experience. The cabin personnel were also a pleasure and quick to react to any of our requirement. Ship was very clean and the staff worked endlessly to keep it to the high standard.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I took a Celebrity Cruise from Seattle to Alaska and Vancouver. The ship was beautiful. The staff was very friendly. The food was wonderful. I enjoyed meeting the people and the amenities offered aboard the ship. We were unable to disembark at one of the locations and the staff was very accommodating and adjusted. I also purchased the unlimited drink package which was worth all the coffee I drank. I would choose Celebrity over other cruise lines in a heartbeat.

Original review: March 29, 2020

At the time there was another "sickness" scare on cruise ships and Celebrity was superb - Purell was everywhere but with a sense of humor and the ship was sparkling clean and the cruise was fantastic in every way. Talked with a lot of the crew and found them so interesting, all the different countries represented and all the different life stories. It was a special cruise and provided many good memories.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Some friends and I booked an 11-day cruise to Italy and the Greek Islands. After which, COVID hit and we decided not to pay the full amount but use the amount we’d deposited as a future credit. Recently went to rebook, not only are all the options very confusing in terms of paying more money within the class choices but you pay more for their Cruise with Confidence and other guarantees. The no-deal came when they won’t let us use the money we already paid to them as a deposit for this cruise. No way. We’ll book a cheaper, last-minute cruise when the pandemic is over, if you're still around. Hope Viking makes it through. They are much more straightforward.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We booked a cruise on the Celebrity Edge sailing on May 4, 2020. With the coronavirus we cancelled the cruise under the Cruise With Confidence. We were told so many stories about our refund. I lost the number of changes in the answers. We were getting a refund. No we were getting a credit toward future cruise. No hold on we were getting a credit. As of today the credit toward a future cruise is the latest story. I have numerous medical issues that have come up and the doctor will not allow me to go on the cruise, this made no difference to the manager making the decision. I have to wonder if the balances not used are turned into a bonus pool shared by Celebrity Management. I feel cheated by (the cold heart management style) Celebrity Cruise lines. Make sure you check the fine print or you too may add to the management bonus pool.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Called Celebrity 3/19 to cancel cruise 5/22. Told no cash back only credit. Cancelled cruise and got credit. Saw info 4/5 that they were refunding cruises with cash starting March 6. Our cruise had been cancelled and they refused cash back. They refused to talk to us. We sent an email and then got call back. Even though they lied to us 3/19 by not telling us they were giving cash back on cancelled cruises (as of 3/6), they refused us a cash refund. So they cheated us by withholding information. Our cruise was cancelled 7 days after we cancelled 3/17. If they had told us they were giving cash back we would have waited to see if they cancelled our cruise.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Paid internet onboard is crappy at best - we witnessed an employee advising a passenger to sit next to her cabin door to access internet after she complained the access in the cabin was almost nonexistent. :-(

Original review: April 6, 2020

My wife and I were scheduled to sail on Celebrity Edge on March 15, 2020. Because of multiple deaths on other cruise lines and the worsening epidemic, Celebrity offered a "Cruise With Confidence" program, in which you could cancel your cruise up to 2 days before the scheduled date and receive credit for a future cruise. That cruise HAD to be taken by 12/31/2021 or Celebrity would pocket ALL of your money, with no value received. It was the ONLY offer, so we took it. At this point, Celebrity was still planning to cram thousands of passengers onto their ships and sail as scheduled... an obviously reckless decision.

A few days later, Celebrity FINALLY decided to cancel all cruises, offering FULL REFUNDS and/or a 125% FUTURE CRUISE BONUS to those passengers "inconvenienced" by the cruise cancellations. I contacted Celebrity and asked for the same offer since my cruise had been canceled. The only difference is my wife and I made the correct decision to cancel a few days before Celebrity FINALLY got around to it. CELEBRITY HAS REFUSED, SAYING THE "CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE" OFFER IS ALL WE'RE GOING TO GET!!

Celebrity Cruises author review by ConsumerAffairs

Celebrity Cruises combines modern luxury with a contemporary cruise experience. Founded in 1986, Celebrity Cruises merged with Royal Carribean in 1997 and has grown to a fleet of 11 ships providing trips to destinations throughout the Bahamas, Bermudas, Carribean, Europe, Alaska and more.

• Personalized service: Celebrity Cruises excursions are staffed with a ratio of one staff member for every two guests, which allows for a personal touch in guest service.

• Cruisetour experiences: Cruisetour experiences are cultural immersion-style cruises that sail to numerous ports worldwide like Mt. Fuji in Japan, Bangkok in China, Mystery Island in Vanuatu and hundreds more.

• Overnight excursions: Celebrity Cruises offers "Evening Around the World" that lets guests experience a night spent at some of the ship's ports of call instead of aboard the ship.

• Spa treatment: An onboard spa is available on Celebrity Cruises, in addition to the relaxation and health-focused Take Care of YourSelfie experience.

• Family fun: While sometimes considered an adult cruise line, Celebrity Cruises also features on board programs designed for children and youth; the programs are aimed at guests ranging from toddler age to the teenage years.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team