1.89/5
Based on 115 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

160 Celebrity Cruises Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

After disembarking a Celebrity Reflection, we absentmindedly forgot to pick up a duffel bag that we had purchased on the ship for last-minute purchases. We realized the next morning just before boarding our plane home that it was missing and immediately contacted Celebrity to see if we could return to the terminal to retrieve it. That was on November 5 and we are now sitting in November 22nd still without our bag. The lies, the incompetence, the absolutely astonishing lack of organization within the Celebrity organization is mind-boggling - what company have you ever heard of where one department cannot pick up the phone and speak to another department but instead have to email or Skype them.

What company have you heard of where they only process credit cards once a week to pay for return baggage fees. What companies have you heard of that starts their holiday weekend on Monday prior to that weekend. Apologies abound but zero action to address any issues! Although our trip was alright, we will never sail Celebrity again – give me Carnival any day. I am Canadian and it takes a lot for me to lose my patience and temper but Celebrity has definitely succeeded in frustrating me to tears!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Cruise was what expected, but keep an eye on your charges. Don't fall for the acupuncture offer at the spa. Expensive and no results. Other than that very good.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We have traveled on several cruise lines, and Celebrity Cruise Line has been by far the worst experience we have ever had on a cruise. During calendar years 2017-2018, as recent retirees my wife and I have cruised on the Princess, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and the Carnival Cruise Lines. After our flight to Miami was canceled, due to weather on Saturday, August 4th, I immediately contacted Celebrity Cruise’s Emergency customer service number. Since we were unable to confirm a flight from Washington, DC to Miami in time for the ship’s departure, I was told that our party of four (4) could board the cruise ship at the first port of call, San Juan PR on Monday, August 6th.

I was able to secure a flight into San Juan, arriving the morning of August 5th, prepared to stay-overnight at my own cost. I provided Celebrity Cruise with our flight information to confirm that we would be able to board the ship in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Monday at 2 PM, my family and I checked out of the hotel and took 2 taxis to the port of call to meet the ship for boarding at 3:30 PM. Upon our arrival, no ship was in sight. I called customer service, only to find out that due to a medical emergency the previous night, the ship headed to Nassau and was skipping Puerto Rico altogether! We were surprised as we weren’t provided with any notification via email, phone or text message about this itinerary change.

At that point, I was told by the first two agents that the only option available to us, at our own cost was to purchase one-way tickets back to Washington DC. At that time of day, there were no more flights back to Washington, DC, and the cheapest one-way fare was $730 a person, departing the next morning - meaning we would also have the stay an extra night in San Juan. Given that we had already expended costs for flight changes, taxis and meals for 2 days in San Juan -without even getting on the ship yet - we were unwilling to spend an additional $3000 on flights just to go home, as I didn’t purchase trip insurance.

After multiple calls, and being bounced around from agent to agent for the next 30 minutes, I was finally connected to a very customer-serviced, friendly and helpful representative in Ms. Jennifer **, from the Cruise Corporate Guest Relations Team. After explaining our predicament and dire situation, Ms. ** was able to work her “true magic" and convinced her immediate supervisor to allow us to board the ship in St. Thomas. As we would have to stay an extra night in San Juan, Ms. ** kindly offered to cover our hotel accommodations up to $500. We proceeded to purchase three (3) one-way airline tickets on JetBlue to St. Thomas, Virgin Islands for a total cost of $357, to salvage what was remaining of our vacation with our daughter and 8-month old grandson.

I. Lack of Communication. Once the ship detoured to Nassau, bypassing port-of-call in San Juan, Puerto Rico, we received no notification via email, phone or text message. After multiple calls, and being bounced around from agent to agent, we were told that Celebrity Cruise had to record of us being “active” guests. I can assure you that I would not have purchased new flights to Puerto Rico if I hadn’t confirmed that we could board at 3:30 PM. Especially since I needed the information on where to go and what time to meet.

Once we arrived in St. Thomas to board the ship, we were kept waiting outside the pier gate for over 45 minutes, because we were told by Security we weren't on the passenger manifest for boarding. Our grandson was crying from heat exhaustion as we waited in the sun. Once we were cleared to board the ship, we had to personally haul our own suitcases from the pier to the ship (a distance of more than 200 meters), through the security screening and finally to Deck 4 Guest Services to complete the registration and check-in formalities.

II. Poor Customer Service. Once onboard the ship, we were hoping that given the bad experience we had so far, guest services would attempt to try and make the rest of our stay as nice as possible. That would be further from the case. Based on our onboard experience, we’re surprised that the Celebrity Equinox was voted by the Cruisers’ Choice Awards for the 2018 Best Overall and Best for Service. In our humble but strongest opinion, the Guest Service staff (from the management down) on the Celebrity Equinox didn’t live up to those award recognitions.

Our designated dining table had been re-assigned, and we were put in a different section and had the worst server. Despite telling the server that we were always trying to make the 7 PM show (our dinner reservation was for 6 PM); he was extremely slow at taking our orders and dropping off our meals. At each dining experience, it took over 30 minutes for the servers to locate a high chair for my grandson - being told that there were a total of only 4 for the entire ship. The crib/playpen that was requested took over 6 hours to be set up in the room, despite many attempts on our part calling Guest Services and housekeeping.

Since we boarded mid-cruise, we were told late-Friday evening, that we needed to show ourselves to US Customs at 6:30 AM on Saturday and leave the ship at that time. I know that this is US Immigration policy, but there were many occasions that Guest Services could have informed us of this and help facilitate this request. Had we known this in advance, we would have changed our departure flight. We were not scheduled to leave Fort Lauderdale until 2 PM on Saturday. Therefore, we were planning on staying on the ship until 8:30 AM to eat breakfast along with allowing our 8-month old grandson the chance to nap.

Initially, Guest Services refused to arrange for the housekeeping staff to assist my daughter in getting her two large suitcases (while holding an infant) to the meeting point for disembarkation. I personally had to intervene before Guest Services Manager reluctantly agreed to arrange for suitcase pick-up and delivery to the meeting point by the housekeeping staff.

Given this inconvenience, we thought at the very least, we would be provided with free Wi-Fi for a day so that alternate travel arrangements could be made. We were surprised at how “stingy” and "non-customer service mentality” by Guest Services management was in providing us with this simple request/accommodation. Upon return from the cruise, I correspond and personally contacted Celebrity Customer Service, but the response I received I received from Celebrity Customer Service was nonchalant to my complaint. We vowed that we'll NEVER cruise on the Celebrity Cruise Line ever again.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

There were very few places to sit in public areas, most seats were in bar and pay areas. Disembarkation process was the worst I have seen in many years of cruising on most major cruise lines.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

It was our first cruise and our experience was wonderful. The ship was classy. The food was diverse, plentiful & delicious. We had 4 days on the ship & 3 days in Bermuda, it was heavenly. No incidents, no accidents.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Celebrity Cruises?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Nickel and dimed to death! Almost everything was extra and expensive. Hands out everywhere. I am used to river cruises which are all-inclusive. You may think you are getting a good deal, but then you pay extra for almost everything else. Felt like being in a herd of cattle - too many people. My first and last ocean cruise.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Grateful to meet the Captain & know he was well educated; wonderful 24 hr buffet, room service. Loved the pools & our room's private balcony! Aesthetic services on board, but too pricey for average consumer. Not enough clothing shops; airlines lost luggage; had nothing to wear for 5 days; missed galas etc.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

One Way Alaska Cruise: Cruised 7-20-2018 thru 7-28-2018. Although plenty of daylight at time of cruise and great weather, ship cruised the inside passage in the dark and open sea by day. Other Celebrity ship followed us, got to see inside passage (maybe they paid more) like paying to see a movie and sitting in the dark 2 hours. Customer Relations could not be bothered even though they acknowledged failure. Though they promised follow up and took e-mail and phone information, failed to do so upon my arrival home. Ship had peeling paint and dated. Found ship scheduled for complete refurbishment. Should be done NOW not have paying customers deal with substandard accommodations.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We have cruised on the Equinox two times and had a most pampered and relaxing time on both. Especially memorable was the staff in the Silhouette Dining Area. Moveto, Devashish, Maya And Red superseded all expectations!! The passenger to crew ratio is much better than some of the larger ships. Waiting time for anything is greatly reduced on a ship like this. Customer service was very knowledgeable and helpful when called for extra information. We hope that this service from Celebrity Cruise Lines continues and does not fall far from the mark as many of the other lines have already evidenced.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Celebrity Constellation Disappointing. Went in June 2018 to Greece. Ship crew was almost non-existent on outside decks leading to trashy looking rooftop deck, towels reserving seats when people weren’t there, no staff serving drinks to poolside guests. Pool bar staff was rude and clueless. Most important the quality of food especially at the buffet was severely lacking. Way too much cumin in the food, many of the dishes were mushy, and there was no shellfish at all times. Never saw one crew member sanitizing railings, tongs, door handles, etc. They also nickel and dime you to death for water if you don’t have a drinking package. $2.50 for bottled and they put away their pool water glasses early in the afternoon. Won’t return to Celebrity.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We sailed on Celebrity Constellation from Singapore to Rome, which was 2 cruises, back to back. Because the second cruise took in ports of significant interest ie Muscat, Petra and the Suez Canal we purchased the above product (Voyage in Review DVD). Having just recently viewed it I wish to say that we were utterly disappointed. The shots and close-ups were repeated too many times; there lacked any structure to the presentations and I believe we saw close-ups of some miscellaneous hills outside Muscat at least 8 times. Some brief headlines would have helped. To cap it off the end of the DVD featured a parade of artists and shows that were not on the cruise so it was just blatant company advertising which was wasted on us as we won’t be showing the DVD to anyone. In summary a waste of money.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Hi. We are on the Summits cruise ship from May 27th to June 3rd. We are currently locked in our cabin and are being blatantly ignored. They are giving us a free cruise voucher but the embarrassment we endured deserves a refund as well. We are fully prepared to seek legal assistance as we were lied to and stripped of our rights as human beings. We are being treated worst than zoo animals. That being said, here is the tragic end to our honeymoon!!!

We were served a raw burger for lunch on deck 10 at the buffet. Mind you the staff agreed they should have been cooked well done! We didn’t realize it wasn’t cooked all the way until we got to the middle. My wife and I both got ill shortly after eating it. We took a nap because we started feeling ill and both threw up the burgers. We were NOT sick beforehand. I went to guest relations and spoke to Victoria, I think. We asked to get some reimbursement but they made us go to the doctor on board and claimed they could give me medicine to help with the food poisoning. We went there and they didn’t seem like they wanted to take responsibility for food poisoning and claimed we had the norovirus.

We didn't think we should have to pay for tour mistake so they claimed if we filled out some form saying we were sick, we wouldn’t be charged. So they give us the form and basically coerced us into lying about having diarrhea, which none of us had. Only nausea. They gave my wife a painful IV with drugs and saline. They took me into a different room and gave me a shot in my behind for nausea.

Mind you the shot was the most excruciating pain of my life and I couldn’t walk normally on my left side for over 2 hrs. They gave us medicine and sent us on our way. We instantly felt fine and we’re sure the mistakes of your staff caused our symptoms. They didn’t tell us we had to stay in our room after we left so my wife and I went up to the deck. She went back to the room to grab something and I was explaining the situation to someone who worked on the ship who then called her manager and yelled at me like a child to go to our room. I was chased by security and staff and made out to be a criminal.

We were not allowed to leave our room for the next day until we get off board. They literally treated us like criminals and claim we have a virus but we felt fine until after we ate that burger. They basically tricked us into going there and they are giving us a hard time about getting any reimbursement. The staff in the medical lied to us, and I believe this was done to take away liability. They even agreed that the food was the cause but later changed their story. We just got married and spent our life savings on this cruise! I am appalled at the way we were treated to the point where we were in tears. This is not right.

I am writing this as I am held a prisoner in our own room, not able to enjoy the benefits of the ship that we paid tons of money for. This is my first Celebrity Cruise as we always used Royal Caribbean. This is a very bad first impression and we’re disgusted at the mistrust that the staff has shown us. It’s hard to get sleep and forget this day from hell when I can hear people laughing and having a great time.

Nobody will speak to or help us, I feel like a prisoner. I could understand if we were actually sick, but I went out of the room and everyone, including your housekeeping staff and manager, that we look just fine and are not sick. I wish they worked for the medical department, because the people down there are lying criminals. We’re disgusted and appalled at the way we have been treated. We cannot sleep and have to wait to be cleared by medical. And without a doubt in my mind we will be. I want all the copies of our medical records as well, do I ask medical? We have never been so unhappy in our lives!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

My fourth cruise with Celebrity. There's are only two lines I would recommend. Celebrity and Holland America. Cabins are large, staff is great and food is excellent.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We are on the Celebrity Equinox Caribbean Cruise and one of our port of calls was Punta Cana. We got to the port at 7 am and the plan was to take the tender boats to shore. At 7:35 an announcement was made that due to "rough seas" the tender boats cannot be used and we would not be going to Punta Cana. There was no backup destination and when asked if they would give a refund or some form of compensation, they said they would give back $10 for the port fees. How pathetic. This is my first and last time taking a cruise with Celebrity. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Promised great ports and wildlife with visits to penguin rookeries. None of this happened. The boat had propulsion issues which had been identified for years. In fact, Celebrity had sued and won a considerable amount of money from the manufactures of their propulsion systems, but never fixed them. Therefore, they continue to operate ships that cannot make certain timetables and continue miss ports and disappoint their customers.

They offered us compensation for one port, but missed two and a half. They refused to allow anyone to cancel even though they knew in advance that they were not going to make certain ports. Very poor customer service. People on this cruise had saved all their lives and had travelled up to 30 hours to take this very disappointing trip. Folks from Hong Kong and the Philippines were told, "Oh well too bad for you". Shame on Celebrate. They knew in advance that things were not going to go well, and they really just did not care.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We knew it was a longer than we liked days at sea. But when 2 of the 3 days of getting off the ship were canceled, we were miserable! This was the cruise to South America and Antarctica. Port Madryn was canceled 1 day before departure due to supposedly ship propulsion problems. The Falkland Islands port was canceled due to understandably rough weather. The problem lies with one port not be attempted after the Falklands were canceled. We went 5000 miles to Antarctica and never saw one penguin up close! $11,500 later and not one penguin in its land habitat!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The itinerary on Celebrity Infinity was excellent: Buenos Aires to Ushuaia to Cape Horn to Antarctica to Port Stanley, Falkland, to Puerto Madryn to Montevideo and back to Buenos Aires. The only issue with it was the first [boring] 3 days at sea, but we skipped them by flying to Ushuaia directly. (Yet, Celebrity, of course, not only issues no refund for those 3 days, but charges a fee to allow you to embark in a different port. The funny part of that was a call from them on the day of the departure with a question of why we are not on the ship. Despite the fee charged, they did not bother to communicate our embarkation exclusion to the vessel!)

There's more. Unfortunately, a week before sailing, Celebrity sent an email that they have a problem with the ship’s propulsion system, as such they won’t have sufficient speed and will have to cancel our visit to Puerto Madryn. It was very bad news, but at least they promised to refund one day as an excuse; not a fair exchange of course but something. (Later on the ship, during our Inside Access Tour, we of course asked in the mechanical room what the problem they have with the propulsion system, but the crew politely did not give an answer.)

The worst part came later. They suddenly cancelled Port Stanley as well. This time it was “for safety reasons”, saying that the weather is too bad there, that it’s a strong wind of 55-80 kph and getting to the shores is not possible. Alas, there is a big problem with this statement. First of all, the crew already knew and many people told us two days before that we won’t go to Port Stanley; that's before there was any reliable weather information. Also, our sailing through Drake Passage was extremely smooth. We were really lucky with the weather! Then at 5 AM on the morning we were supposed to sail to Port Stanley I checked the weather there and it was… sunny with 50 kph wind indeed but also CALMING to 25 kph during the day. Nonetheless, “for our safety” we did not go there.

Of course, people attacked all officers with tons of questions. The main one being why not visit Puerto Madryn or another port in Argentina instead. We got no answer. I also had an opportunity to ask the captain personally on the real reason for skipping Stanley. The answer was, “I’m the captain, I know better.” So, it looks like Celebrity Infinity either has a big technical problem with the vessel (and then it’s a real safety issue!) or saves money on port fees, etc., maximizing their profits. Either way, my advice is to never use this company. They have no respect for their customers, easily ruining vacations for 2000+ people.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This was our first cruise with Celebrity, two weeks, in Europe. We were very impressed with our whole experience and would easily the same cruise line. Our room was huge at the front of the ship and never having used Celebrity before we were delighted with our "suite". The staff was also excellent.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Booked a cruise through Expedia which departs tomorrow. For the past few months for any question or issue resolving discrepancies on the site or paying the balance I tried to call Celebrity directly only to be transferred immediately to a third party line waiting long hold times. We have a one year old. Simple questions regarding crib requests whether milk was available and babysitting inquiries were very hard to answer. There was a lot of back and forth. Expedia reps were very nice but were just quoting FAQs I had already read on the main site. We had a free beverage package for booking a veranda room which never appeared on the Celebrity site. It just kept asking if we would like to purchase it. This is crappy website and communication but now we are completely bummed to find out Celebrity has no remorse for situations out of the customers' hands and is not willing to help at all.

United cancelled our flight out of Newark offering no other flights and no airport within a 3 hour radius has a flight to Miami within two days. United gave us a full refund which I was not expecting. We were able to cancel the hotels due to circumstances resulting from the winter storm but when we called United asking them to postpone our trip even requesting to pay more for a different location or room anytime they said no. No refunds, no other trips... so we are out $1600. We desperately needed this trip to get away with the baby. This would have been our third cruise with Celebrity and I will never ever use them again. Last parting words? If we were smart we would have selected the insurance through Expedia and now we are unable to confirm cancellation on our room.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I am going on a cruise next month and have already booked my excursions. When I looked at my cruise calendar I noticed that they had changed some dates. Suddenly I had 2 excursions at the same time. I called the German call center. Nice and friendly people. But nobody could held me. I send an email to the manager. Never got an answer. Then I wrote to **. And within 5 hours I got an email from Rosemary ** and everything was fine. Thank you Rosemary.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We booked the cruise on the Eclipse in December to go on 3/9/17, we were offered no on board package. When we spoke to others on the ship we found we were the only ones with nothing. Not even a bottle of water. I checked with customer relations on board who said it was nothing to do with Celebrity. It was down to the travel agents. Thomson say it is down to the cruise line what is offered. If this is the case we will not be going on another Celebrity cruise. We feel we are just being given the runaround.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have a cruise in November where numerous islands on my itinerary have been devastated. I called to request a change to another cruise departure one day apart within at a similar price. They refused my request and advised me that I must use the cruise care cancellation policy losing a portion of my cruise fare. Such a lack of customer focus and flexibility indicates what a lousy cruise line it is. I am going on a cruise with a cruise line I already hate before I leave. It surely will be the last one.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We cruised on The Constellation in July. While on-board we experienced an issue which I won't go into here. We were only home a couple of days when we received a call from Shirley at Celebrity post cruise guest relations. Shirley listened to our concerns and was empathetic and very friendly. I completely believe that Celebrity cares about each and every guest's experience. As a result I am not an unhappy guest and cruise again on The Reflection this coming December. Thank you Shirley. Thank you Celebrity.

Resolution response: Sept. 18, 2017

UPDATE to Celebrity Cruise ---

I was able to find the CEO's office email. I wrote out a long lengthy email regarding our situation with Hurricane Irma and what their office in Miami was offering. She called me back literally within 20 minutes of my email being sent. She was very apologetic and informed me that they will be refunding my taxes to our credit card and will be issuing us a voucher for next years cruise!! I cried and she cried with me. I thought I was out a lot of money. Suncoast misspoke and without an email or letter of me cancelling the cruise, they could not help. I will be purchasing travel insurance for sure. Shirley (Celebrity) was thankful that I brought it to their attention and that they would be addressing it with the company to make sure that anyone impacted by the storms whether in in Texas or Florida that it is handled with empathy and care. She said she will closely monitor our reservation and to let her know when we are ready to use our voucher. They have to wait until our current cruise is finished before they can issue any credits or vouchers. THANK YOU SHIRLEY @ CELEBRITY. It was just so hard for me to believe what I was being told initially!!!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I am going to blast Celebrity Cruise line and not in a good way. We have been planning our Alaskan Cruise for 18 months. We was due to fly out Friday. We did not purchase travel insurance. We cannot even think about leaving our home, family, pets with this Category 5 roaring up our way. We opted to cancel. We asked just to put us on next year's cruise. Same cruise. They said they would give us a 60 day option. Meaning taking another cruise within 60 days. The options they gave me was, The Carribean, The Bahamas, Puerto Rico, (Really? Really?), 14 day Hawaii (like I have 14 days vacation at 1 time). Or LA for 10 days...

I did not ask for a refund just to be put on next year's cruise... Nope... Can't do so Guess what Belinda **... You are out $5400... Dear Celebrity... I am not out... You now will be out. I have insurance protection on my credit card and they are reversing charges. We will be booking our Alaska Cruise for next year but not with you. Unbelievable that you have NO compassion for what we may go through but more importantly not giving a crap that we wouldn't be able to fully enjoy our vacation with that on our minds.

Thank you Suncoast Federal Credit Union for caring and taking the fight out of our hands and making it right. Also their rewards program that reimbursed us our air flight points, hotel and the extra money paid to buy extra points. If you are in a situation close to this please check with your credit card on their insurance policy and dispute charges option. Shame on you. I had to select a star for a rating otherwise there would be no ⭐️.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I've taken 2 cruises with Celebrity; one fantastic, the other abysmal. The fantastic one was to Alaska, the outside passage. Everything was wonderful; the itinerary, the food, the entertainment. The second trip, taken 2 years ago, was an Asian tour; Bangkok, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore. It was the worst trip I've ever taken. First of all, they put me in a cabin directly beneath the theater so it was impossible to sleep until the show was over. They changed my room when I complained, but reluctantly and rudely and used up half a day (with me having to transport everything I'd unpacked and repacked). The food was hit or miss, with a couple of dishes being truly inedible.

The worst part were the excursions. We were taken to the most tourist infested areas in 102-degree heat with most of the time being spent on a bus. And during every one of the 5 or 6 excursions we went on, they stopped for an hour at a gift shop. Once I asked the tour guide if we could stop at a beach we were passing instead of going to yet another crappy gift shop, but no dice. The excursions were really about getting tourists to spend money.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I cruised on Celebrity from 5/14-5/21. On 5/16 I had developed symptoms of congestive heart failure and renal failure. On 5/17 the nurse called my room and asked my symptoms and after I stated them they asked if I had an history of heart disease. I said "no" as I am 37 and never had. Their response, without even examining or testing me, was to elevate my legs and feet. They didn't even care to send me to the hospital while at port. Upon returning home I saw a cardiologist. The diagnosis was severe bilateral edema. Because no one examined me during the cruise I have no idea if I was experiencing CHF or Pulmonary edema. The cruise line asked for my medical reports and documents from my Dr. I sent the report and letter from my Dr and the cruise line then admitted that it was caused by their water (which I had been stating from the very start!).

They offered me a 25% refund, which is an insult to my injury and their neglect to care for it. I spent my trip in what I call "PTSD mode", because I have PTSD, and was so very worried about my health and heart. My shoes didn't fit at all to even eat dinner in a restaurant or dinning room. I was so scared, and I had no help or concern, from anyone! I spent the majority of time in my stateroom. Thank God my heart is fine(!), but consuming coffee and other beverages on a vacation that I saved up for and paid for, only to have it cause harm, the need for tests and Dr's appts, stress, and the cruise line basically saying I am crazy until my Dr sent them the letter (where they finally admitted what I knew after doing research, that it was from the water) is not anything that should happen to anyone. Why don't they warn people about the water? They said it "happens all the time".

If this happens all the time to relatively healthy people, and they only offer a 25% refund, why isn't anyone doing anything about it!?! What about those with heart problems, kidney problems, babies, diabetes? This is unjust! Someone needs to fight these people and get justice. They are knowingly and willfully putting the health and lives of their guests in danger. I read about it in forums, why isn't anyone doing anything about something that is so prevalent?

Original review: June 21, 2017

Went through Celebrity. My bill was paid and all of a sudden I got a balance due. They added on gratuities which was optional. I spoke with many different people. They would do nothing. They gave me a free dinner which I'm supposed to have when I go on the cruise in July, who knows. Spent hours on the phone with them trying to straighten out my bill and was overcharged. Keep track of all payments. They said it was a computer error if it wouldn't have been that. I was taking my family I would've canceled. I will never go with them again.

Original review: June 11, 2017

Let me start by saying I have been cruising for the past 13 years and that the on Celebrity Summit staff in the main dining room buffet and cabin people are by far THE BEST SERVICE BY FAR. Moving on to rest of the situation my daughter got married on the ship with the help of a company called the WEDDING EXPERIENCE. And let me tell you what an experience. I will keep this as short as I can. A wedding that was started late, food that was described as one thing and came up as something else. Ask to get bar service and we were told that we would have to wait. Guest were told by the Wedding Experience to go 1 floor down to get burgers and drinks and then the groom was told he would have to pay for it.

What should be one of the happiest days was a big disappointment and all the money that was wasted should have stayed on land. Tried to get satisfaction from Celebrity on the ship from guest relations and got nowhere. Spoke to the hotel director and got nowhere. I even went as far as wanting to speak to the captain and much to my surprise she was not available and after 2 weeks of chasing my tail and we call you back you know that did not happen. Lots of empty promises. Celebrity has lost cruisers that travel with anywhere from 28-60 people at a time.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Why can't Celebrity pull the tape of our conversation to prove Lenae told me that the Cruise Care Insurance was paid for and she notified them of the breakdown showing coverage was paid by Celebrity Cruises. If she lied why should I be punished by the insurance company Aon.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Since I haven't cruised in many years, I am comparing my experience on the Silhouette to previous cruises. In the past, I always went first class, but my friend decided that she wanted an inside cabin and that was awful. The culinary staff was above and beyond excellent. Customer relations needs some work. Very remote atmosphere, not helpful or friendly. Asked for an additional photo of the ship (since we were given only one and we were two people - not the same family). Told photos are a courtesy and only one per stateroom. One small bar of hand soap to be used as bath soap for the entire trip. Luckily I brought my own. Was told that suites did get sample size bath gel. Entertainment fair-talent excellent, but main theme of major shows was Cirque du Soleil. Needed some variation. Think I'll try Royal Caribbean next time. Sort of disappointed.

Celebrity Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Celebrity Cruises combines modern luxury with a contemporary cruise experience. Founded in 1986, Celebrity Cruises merged with Royal Carribean in 1997 and has grown to a fleet of 11 ships providing trips to destinations throughout the Bahamas, Bermudas, Carribean, Europe, Alaska and more.

• Personalized service: Celebrity Cruises excursions are staffed with a ratio of one staff member for every two guests, which allows for a personal touch in guest service.

• Cruisetour experiences: Cruisetour experiences are cultural immersion-style cruises that sail to numerous ports worldwide like Mt. Fuji in Japan, Bangkok in China, Mystery Island in Vanuatu and hundreds more.

• Overnight excursions: Celebrity Cruises offers "Evening Around the World" that lets guests experience a night spent at some of the ship's ports of call instead of aboard the ship.

• Spa treatment: An onboard spa is available on Celebrity Cruises, in addition to the relaxation and health-focused Take Care of YourSelfie experience.

• Family fun: While sometimes considered an adult cruise line, Celebrity Cruises also features on board programs designed for children and youth; the programs are aimed at guests ranging from toddler age to the teenage years.

• Best for: The Celebrity Cruises liner is best for food lovers and adults seeking an elegant cruise experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs