1.81/5
Based on 108 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

153 Celebrity Cruises Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

One Way Alaska Cruise: Cruised 7-20-2018 thru 7-28-2018. Although plenty of daylight at time of cruise and great weather, ship cruised the inside passage in the dark and open sea by day. Other Celebrity ship followed us, got to see inside passage (maybe they paid more) like paying to see a movie and sitting in the dark 2 hours. Customer Relations could not be bothered even though they acknowledged failure. Though they promised follow up and took e-mail and phone information, failed to do so upon my arrival home. Ship had peeling paint and dated. Found ship scheduled for complete refurbishment. Should be done NOW not have paying customers deal with substandard accommodations.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We have cruised on the Equinox two times and had a most pampered and relaxing time on both. Especially memorable was the staff in the Silhouette Dining Area. Moveto, Devashish, Maya And Red superseded all expectations!! The passenger to crew ratio is much better than some of the larger ships. Waiting time for anything is greatly reduced on a ship like this. Customer service was very knowledgeable and helpful when called for extra information. We hope that this service from Celebrity Cruise Lines continues and does not fall far from the mark as many of the other lines have already evidenced.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Celebrity Constellation Disappointing. Went in June 2018 to Greece. Ship crew was almost non-existent on outside decks leading to trashy looking rooftop deck, towels reserving seats when people weren’t there, no staff serving drinks to poolside guests. Pool bar staff was rude and clueless. Most important the quality of food especially at the buffet was severely lacking. Way too much cumin in the food, many of the dishes were mushy, and there was no shellfish at all times. Never saw one crew member sanitizing railings, tongs, door handles, etc. They also nickel and dime you to death for water if you don’t have a drinking package. $2.50 for bottled and they put away their pool water glasses early in the afternoon. Won’t return to Celebrity.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We sailed on Celebrity Constellation from Singapore to Rome, which was 2 cruises, back to back. Because the second cruise took in ports of significant interest ie Muscat, Petra and the Suez Canal we purchased the above product (Voyage in Review DVD). Having just recently viewed it I wish to say that we were utterly disappointed. The shots and close-ups were repeated too many times; there lacked any structure to the presentations and I believe we saw close-ups of some miscellaneous hills outside Muscat at least 8 times. Some brief headlines would have helped. To cap it off the end of the DVD featured a parade of artists and shows that were not on the cruise so it was just blatant company advertising which was wasted on us as we won’t be showing the DVD to anyone. In summary a waste of money.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Hi. We are on the Summits cruise ship from May 27th to June 3rd. We are currently locked in our cabin and are being blatantly ignored. They are giving us a free cruise voucher but the embarrassment we endured deserves a refund as well. We are fully prepared to seek legal assistance as we were lied to and stripped of our rights as human beings. We are being treated worst than zoo animals. That being said, here is the tragic end to our honeymoon!!!

We were served a raw burger for lunch on deck 10 at the buffet. Mind you the staff agreed they should have been cooked well done! We didn’t realize it wasn’t cooked all the way until we got to the middle. My wife and I both got ill shortly after eating it. We took a nap because we started feeling ill and both threw up the burgers. We were NOT sick beforehand. I went to guest relations and spoke to Victoria, I think. We asked to get some reimbursement but they made us go to the doctor on board and claimed they could give me medicine to help with the food poisoning. We went there and they didn’t seem like they wanted to take responsibility for food poisoning and claimed we had the norovirus.

We didn't think we should have to pay for tour mistake so they claimed if we filled out some form saying we were sick, we wouldn’t be charged. So they give us the form and basically coerced us into lying about having diarrhea, which none of us had. Only nausea. They gave my wife a painful IV with drugs and saline. They took me into a different room and gave me a shot in my behind for nausea.

Mind you the shot was the most excruciating pain of my life and I couldn’t walk normally on my left side for over 2 hrs. They gave us medicine and sent us on our way. We instantly felt fine and we’re sure the mistakes of your staff caused our symptoms. They didn’t tell us we had to stay in our room after we left so my wife and I went up to the deck. She went back to the room to grab something and I was explaining the situation to someone who worked on the ship who then called her manager and yelled at me like a child to go to our room. I was chased by security and staff and made out to be a criminal.

We were not allowed to leave our room for the next day until we get off board. They literally treated us like criminals and claim we have a virus but we felt fine until after we ate that burger. They basically tricked us into going there and they are giving us a hard time about getting any reimbursement. The staff in the medical lied to us, and I believe this was done to take away liability. They even agreed that the food was the cause but later changed their story. We just got married and spent our life savings on this cruise! I am appalled at the way we were treated to the point where we were in tears. This is not right.

I am writing this as I am held a prisoner in our own room, not able to enjoy the benefits of the ship that we paid tons of money for. This is my first Celebrity Cruise as we always used Royal Caribbean. This is a very bad first impression and we’re disgusted at the mistrust that the staff has shown us. It’s hard to get sleep and forget this day from hell when I can hear people laughing and having a great time.

Nobody will speak to or help us, I feel like a prisoner. I could understand if we were actually sick, but I went out of the room and everyone, including your housekeeping staff and manager, that we look just fine and are not sick. I wish they worked for the medical department, because the people down there are lying criminals. We’re disgusted and appalled at the way we have been treated. We cannot sleep and have to wait to be cleared by medical. And without a doubt in my mind we will be. I want all the copies of our medical records as well, do I ask medical? We have never been so unhappy in our lives!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Celebrity Cruises?

Original review: May 31, 2018

My fourth cruise with Celebrity. There's are only two lines I would recommend. Celebrity and Holland America. Cabins are large, staff is great and food is excellent.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We are on the Celebrity Equinox Caribbean Cruise and one of our port of calls was Punta Cana. We got to the port at 7 am and the plan was to take the tender boats to shore. At 7:35 an announcement was made that due to "rough seas" the tender boats cannot be used and we would not be going to Punta Cana. There was no backup destination and when asked if they would give a refund or some form of compensation, they said they would give back $10 for the port fees. How pathetic. This is my first and last time taking a cruise with Celebrity. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Promised great ports and wildlife with visits to penguin rookeries. None of this happened. The boat had propulsion issues which had been identified for years. In fact, Celebrity had sued and won a considerable amount of money from the manufactures of their propulsion systems, but never fixed them. Therefore, they continue to operate ships that cannot make certain timetables and continue miss ports and disappoint their customers.

They offered us compensation for one port, but missed two and a half. They refused to allow anyone to cancel even though they knew in advance that they were not going to make certain ports. Very poor customer service. People on this cruise had saved all their lives and had travelled up to 30 hours to take this very disappointing trip. Folks from Hong Kong and the Philippines were told, "Oh well too bad for you". Shame on Celebrate. They knew in advance that things were not going to go well, and they really just did not care.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We knew it was a longer than we liked days at sea. But when 2 of the 3 days of getting off the ship were canceled, we were miserable! This was the cruise to South America and Antarctica. Port Madryn was canceled 1 day before departure due to supposedly ship propulsion problems. The Falkland Islands port was canceled due to understandably rough weather. The problem lies with one port not be attempted after the Falklands were canceled. We went 5000 miles to Antarctica and never saw one penguin up close! $11,500 later and not one penguin in its land habitat!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The itinerary on Celebrity Infinity was excellent: Buenos Aires to Ushuaia to Cape Horn to Antarctica to Port Stanley, Falkland, to Puerto Madryn to Montevideo and back to Buenos Aires. The only issue with it was the first [boring] 3 days at sea, but we skipped them by flying to Ushuaia directly. (Yet, Celebrity, of course, not only issues no refund for those 3 days, but charges a fee to allow you to embark in a different port. The funny part of that was a call from them on the day of the departure with a question of why we are not on the ship. Despite the fee charged, they did not bother to communicate our embarkation exclusion to the vessel!)

There's more. Unfortunately, a week before sailing, Celebrity sent an email that they have a problem with the ship’s propulsion system, as such they won’t have sufficient speed and will have to cancel our visit to Puerto Madryn. It was very bad news, but at least they promised to refund one day as an excuse; not a fair exchange of course but something. (Later on the ship, during our Inside Access Tour, we of course asked in the mechanical room what the problem they have with the propulsion system, but the crew politely did not give an answer.)

The worst part came later. They suddenly cancelled Port Stanley as well. This time it was “for safety reasons”, saying that the weather is too bad there, that it’s a strong wind of 55-80 kph and getting to the shores is not possible. Alas, there is a big problem with this statement. First of all, the crew already knew and many people told us two days before that we won’t go to Port Stanley; that's before there was any reliable weather information. Also, our sailing through Drake Passage was extremely smooth. We were really lucky with the weather! Then at 5 AM on the morning we were supposed to sail to Port Stanley I checked the weather there and it was… sunny with 50 kph wind indeed but also CALMING to 25 kph during the day. Nonetheless, “for our safety” we did not go there.

Of course, people attacked all officers with tons of questions. The main one being why not visit Puerto Madryn or another port in Argentina instead. We got no answer. I also had an opportunity to ask the captain personally on the real reason for skipping Stanley. The answer was, “I’m the captain, I know better.” So, it looks like Celebrity Infinity either has a big technical problem with the vessel (and then it’s a real safety issue!) or saves money on port fees, etc., maximizing their profits. Either way, my advice is to never use this company. They have no respect for their customers, easily ruining vacations for 2000+ people.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This was our first cruise with Celebrity, two weeks, in Europe. We were very impressed with our whole experience and would easily the same cruise line. Our room was huge at the front of the ship and never having used Celebrity before we were delighted with our "suite". The staff was also excellent.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Booked a cruise through Expedia which departs tomorrow. For the past few months for any question or issue resolving discrepancies on the site or paying the balance I tried to call Celebrity directly only to be transferred immediately to a third party line waiting long hold times. We have a one year old. Simple questions regarding crib requests whether milk was available and babysitting inquiries were very hard to answer. There was a lot of back and forth. Expedia reps were very nice but were just quoting FAQs I had already read on the main site. We had a free beverage package for booking a veranda room which never appeared on the Celebrity site. It just kept asking if we would like to purchase it. This is crappy website and communication but now we are completely bummed to find out Celebrity has no remorse for situations out of the customers' hands and is not willing to help at all.

United cancelled our flight out of Newark offering no other flights and no airport within a 3 hour radius has a flight to Miami within two days. United gave us a full refund which I was not expecting. We were able to cancel the hotels due to circumstances resulting from the winter storm but when we called United asking them to postpone our trip even requesting to pay more for a different location or room anytime they said no. No refunds, no other trips... so we are out $1600. We desperately needed this trip to get away with the baby. This would have been our third cruise with Celebrity and I will never ever use them again. Last parting words? If we were smart we would have selected the insurance through Expedia and now we are unable to confirm cancellation on our room.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I am going on a cruise next month and have already booked my excursions. When I looked at my cruise calendar I noticed that they had changed some dates. Suddenly I had 2 excursions at the same time. I called the German call center. Nice and friendly people. But nobody could held me. I send an email to the manager. Never got an answer. Then I wrote to **. And within 5 hours I got an email from Rosemary ** and everything was fine. Thank you Rosemary.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We booked the cruise on the Eclipse in December to go on 3/9/17, we were offered no on board package. When we spoke to others on the ship we found we were the only ones with nothing. Not even a bottle of water. I checked with customer relations on board who said it was nothing to do with Celebrity. It was down to the travel agents. Thomson say it is down to the cruise line what is offered. If this is the case we will not be going on another Celebrity cruise. We feel we are just being given the runaround.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have a cruise in November where numerous islands on my itinerary have been devastated. I called to request a change to another cruise departure one day apart within at a similar price. They refused my request and advised me that I must use the cruise care cancellation policy losing a portion of my cruise fare. Such a lack of customer focus and flexibility indicates what a lousy cruise line it is. I am going on a cruise with a cruise line I already hate before I leave. It surely will be the last one.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We cruised on The Constellation in July. While on-board we experienced an issue which I won't go into here. We were only home a couple of days when we received a call from Shirley at Celebrity post cruise guest relations. Shirley listened to our concerns and was empathetic and very friendly. I completely believe that Celebrity cares about each and every guest's experience. As a result I am not an unhappy guest and cruise again on The Reflection this coming December. Thank you Shirley. Thank you Celebrity.

Resolution response: Sept. 18, 2017

UPDATE to Celebrity Cruise ---

I was able to find the CEO's office email. I wrote out a long lengthy email regarding our situation with Hurricane Irma and what their office in Miami was offering. She called me back literally within 20 minutes of my email being sent. She was very apologetic and informed me that they will be refunding my taxes to our credit card and will be issuing us a voucher for next years cruise!! I cried and she cried with me. I thought I was out a lot of money. Suncoast misspoke and without an email or letter of me cancelling the cruise, they could not help. I will be purchasing travel insurance for sure. Shirley (Celebrity) was thankful that I brought it to their attention and that they would be addressing it with the company to make sure that anyone impacted by the storms whether in in Texas or Florida that it is handled with empathy and care. She said she will closely monitor our reservation and to let her know when we are ready to use our voucher. They have to wait until our current cruise is finished before they can issue any credits or vouchers. THANK YOU SHIRLEY @ CELEBRITY. It was just so hard for me to believe what I was being told initially!!!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I am going to blast Celebrity Cruise line and not in a good way. We have been planning our Alaskan Cruise for 18 months. We was due to fly out Friday. We did not purchase travel insurance. We cannot even think about leaving our home, family, pets with this Category 5 roaring up our way. We opted to cancel. We asked just to put us on next year's cruise. Same cruise. They said they would give us a 60 day option. Meaning taking another cruise within 60 days. The options they gave me was, The Carribean, The Bahamas, Puerto Rico, (Really? Really?), 14 day Hawaii (like I have 14 days vacation at 1 time). Or LA for 10 days...

I did not ask for a refund just to be put on next year's cruise... Nope... Can't do so Guess what Belinda **... You are out $5400... Dear Celebrity... I am not out... You now will be out. I have insurance protection on my credit card and they are reversing charges. We will be booking our Alaska Cruise for next year but not with you. Unbelievable that you have NO compassion for what we may go through but more importantly not giving a crap that we wouldn't be able to fully enjoy our vacation with that on our minds.

Thank you Suncoast Federal Credit Union for caring and taking the fight out of our hands and making it right. Also their rewards program that reimbursed us our air flight points, hotel and the extra money paid to buy extra points. If you are in a situation close to this please check with your credit card on their insurance policy and dispute charges option. Shame on you. I had to select a star for a rating otherwise there would be no ⭐️.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I've taken 2 cruises with Celebrity; one fantastic, the other abysmal. The fantastic one was to Alaska, the outside passage. Everything was wonderful; the itinerary, the food, the entertainment. The second trip, taken 2 years ago, was an Asian tour; Bangkok, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore. It was the worst trip I've ever taken. First of all, they put me in a cabin directly beneath the theater so it was impossible to sleep until the show was over. They changed my room when I complained, but reluctantly and rudely and used up half a day (with me having to transport everything I'd unpacked and repacked). The food was hit or miss, with a couple of dishes being truly inedible.

The worst part were the excursions. We were taken to the most tourist infested areas in 102-degree heat with most of the time being spent on a bus. And during every one of the 5 or 6 excursions we went on, they stopped for an hour at a gift shop. Once I asked the tour guide if we could stop at a beach we were passing instead of going to yet another crappy gift shop, but no dice. The excursions were really about getting tourists to spend money.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I cruised on Celebrity from 5/14-5/21. On 5/16 I had developed symptoms of congestive heart failure and renal failure. On 5/17 the nurse called my room and asked my symptoms and after I stated them they asked if I had an history of heart disease. I said "no" as I am 37 and never had. Their response, without even examining or testing me, was to elevate my legs and feet. They didn't even care to send me to the hospital while at port. Upon returning home I saw a cardiologist. The diagnosis was severe bilateral edema. Because no one examined me during the cruise I have no idea if I was experiencing CHF or Pulmonary edema. The cruise line asked for my medical reports and documents from my Dr. I sent the report and letter from my Dr and the cruise line then admitted that it was caused by their water (which I had been stating from the very start!).

They offered me a 25% refund, which is an insult to my injury and their neglect to care for it. I spent my trip in what I call "PTSD mode", because I have PTSD, and was so very worried about my health and heart. My shoes didn't fit at all to even eat dinner in a restaurant or dinning room. I was so scared, and I had no help or concern, from anyone! I spent the majority of time in my stateroom. Thank God my heart is fine(!), but consuming coffee and other beverages on a vacation that I saved up for and paid for, only to have it cause harm, the need for tests and Dr's appts, stress, and the cruise line basically saying I am crazy until my Dr sent them the letter (where they finally admitted what I knew after doing research, that it was from the water) is not anything that should happen to anyone. Why don't they warn people about the water? They said it "happens all the time".

If this happens all the time to relatively healthy people, and they only offer a 25% refund, why isn't anyone doing anything about it!?! What about those with heart problems, kidney problems, babies, diabetes? This is unjust! Someone needs to fight these people and get justice. They are knowingly and willfully putting the health and lives of their guests in danger. I read about it in forums, why isn't anyone doing anything about something that is so prevalent?

Original review: June 21, 2017

Went through Celebrity. My bill was paid and all of a sudden I got a balance due. They added on gratuities which was optional. I spoke with many different people. They would do nothing. They gave me a free dinner which I'm supposed to have when I go on the cruise in July, who knows. Spent hours on the phone with them trying to straighten out my bill and was overcharged. Keep track of all payments. They said it was a computer error if it wouldn't have been that. I was taking my family I would've canceled. I will never go with them again.

Original review: June 11, 2017

Let me start by saying I have been cruising for the past 13 years and that the on Celebrity Summit staff in the main dining room buffet and cabin people are by far THE BEST SERVICE BY FAR. Moving on to rest of the situation my daughter got married on the ship with the help of a company called the WEDDING EXPERIENCE. And let me tell you what an experience. I will keep this as short as I can. A wedding that was started late, food that was described as one thing and came up as something else. Ask to get bar service and we were told that we would have to wait. Guest were told by the Wedding Experience to go 1 floor down to get burgers and drinks and then the groom was told he would have to pay for it.

What should be one of the happiest days was a big disappointment and all the money that was wasted should have stayed on land. Tried to get satisfaction from Celebrity on the ship from guest relations and got nowhere. Spoke to the hotel director and got nowhere. I even went as far as wanting to speak to the captain and much to my surprise she was not available and after 2 weeks of chasing my tail and we call you back you know that did not happen. Lots of empty promises. Celebrity has lost cruisers that travel with anywhere from 28-60 people at a time.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Why can't Celebrity pull the tape of our conversation to prove Lenae told me that the Cruise Care Insurance was paid for and she notified them of the breakdown showing coverage was paid by Celebrity Cruises. If she lied why should I be punished by the insurance company Aon.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Since I haven't cruised in many years, I am comparing my experience on the Silhouette to previous cruises. In the past, I always went first class, but my friend decided that she wanted an inside cabin and that was awful. The culinary staff was above and beyond excellent. Customer relations needs some work. Very remote atmosphere, not helpful or friendly. Asked for an additional photo of the ship (since we were given only one and we were two people - not the same family). Told photos are a courtesy and only one per stateroom. One small bar of hand soap to be used as bath soap for the entire trip. Luckily I brought my own. Was told that suites did get sample size bath gel. Entertainment fair-talent excellent, but main theme of major shows was Cirque du Soleil. Needed some variation. Think I'll try Royal Caribbean next time. Sort of disappointed.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I was misled during the purchase of the cruise cabins by Celebrity Cruises by them not stating, in the product description, that the cabins that they were selling to me were high-noise cabins. Thus, my vacation was ruined due to the consistent noise constantly coming from the dishwasher area of the Ocean View café, which was one floor above our staterooms. Celebrity Cruises never stated in the cabins’ description that they were high-noise cabins, which would have left it up to the customer to decide whether to purchase those cabins or not, as it is done for obstructed-view cabins.

This persistent noise led to me and my wife being constantly disturbed by the noise. This disturbance occurred during the day and the night, and ultimately led to us not being able to sleep normally during our vacation time on the cruise. I tried to get some sleep in both of the cabins that our family occupied, but the noise was equally present in both cabins, so these efforts did not provide any solace and proper rest was unattainable. My wife succumbed to sleep with earplugs, and she even heard noise with them in. I tried to sleep with earplugs but I could not keep them in longer than 3 hours due the discomfort they induced.

Original review: April 5, 2017

We have been on many cruises, on many different lines. Up until now Celebrity had been our favorite. On March 19 we traveled on their ship Infinity from Chile to Miami, a 14 day cruise. We flew down to Santiago Chile a couple of days early. On our embarkation day we visited a wonderful winery for a wine tasting. We ended up buying two bottles of the wine. Though this wine is not expensive, we can't get in the states. You are allowed to take 1 bottle per person on a Celebrity cruise. This ship was being relocated from South America to Miami. There were several people who were doing back to back cruises, so they started in Argentina.

We noticed right away there were lots of people on board with gut wrenching coughs, and soon more and more people had it. By the time we docked in Miami 6 of the 8 people at our dining table had it. Several of them made at least 3 trips to the medical facilities which were always overflowing with passengers. The medical bills continue even on land after the cruise. It truly is a nasty virus. The ship did not change anything until 2 days before docking in the USA, then suddenly the captain announced anyone who needed it could have one visit to the infirmary free of charge. Trust me one time was not enough. They also then decided the staff would do all the serving at the buffet cafe. People were still allowed to refill used water bottles out of the water and juice dispensers, nothing like passing on a few germs that way.

Then to top if all off somehow Celebrity managed to lose a piece of our luggage. Getting it to the dock from the ship seemed to be too much of a challenge for them. Guess what, they have found the luggage, but they have to take the two wine bottles out. Oh they will pay us for the wine, but we can't buy it here! The wine can legally travel in checked suitcases, just not in one's lost by the cruise ship. Next time I will carry my own luggage off and bring more vitamin C. I will only eat in their dining room, won't touch any handrails or door handles without a cloth. Too bad this used to be a good cruise line.

Original review: March 21, 2017

7 NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE. 1C-8299 Deluxe Ocean View Strm - We had a terrifying, life threatening experience on a Celebrity cruise: the glass partition on the veranda of our stateroom 8299 suddenly exploded, and pieces of glass scattered throughout the veranda, even reaching the stateroom through the open door. We were very fortunate to avoid grave injuries, as we were sitting on the veranda minutes earlier but had moved to the stateroom to charge computers. This happened on March 7, 2017, 2:45 pm.

The glass was cleaned but no one from the administration expressed any concern, apology, or sympathy regarding what happened to us. Next morning we approached the Guest Relationship desk and talked with two guest relations officers. They were very unfriendly to us and denied any responsibility for what happened. We complained about psychological stress and anxiety, but this didn't make any impression. They explained that this explosion of glass partitions sometimes happens on a ship with the change of temperature. We were surprised and frightened to discover that the company routinely subjects the passengers to such risk and continues to use glass material for partitions.

Only the next day in late afternoon were we offered an upgrade and moved to stateroom 2137 as a kind of compensation. This was nice but insufficient for the enormous shock that we underwent with this horrifying experience. Ironically, this upgraded stateroom had the same type of glass partitions which could shatter without warning and cause serious injury. We still have this feeling of anxiety, especially when under a glass roof or near windows and other glass objects. Glass partitions on all Cruise ships need to be replaced by another, more stable and less dangerous material.

Original review: March 17, 2017

We have taken several cruises in the past, preferring Royal Caribbean. I was told that Celebrity is owned by Royal Caribbean and is a step up. We went on the Celebrity Summit for the 70's Rock and Romance Cruise. We used the ship's transfer service from the airport. After tipping our bus driver, our luggage was left at the ship terminal. There was another employee standing by the luggage, so I asked him if we walk this way to the ship. He says yes, then, "You're not going to tip your porter (which was him)?" I've never been asked for a tip. This was just the first of many complaints.

The food was not at all up to par with cruise standard. Old Country Buffet standard if that. My husband found a total of 4 hairs on his plate during the 5 night stay. Staff was just OK, meaning they did their job, but no more. One night we got back to our cabin and we had no towels. I've never complained about any cruise I've been on (Norwegian, Royal, and Carnival) but this one I had to voice my dissatisfaction. I will never cruise Celebrity again and would like to know if Royal has lowered its standards as well.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I'm not very impressed with Celebrity Cruises. The value is fine and they have a fantastic itinerary but not many inclusions. The ports were beautiful, good excursions. Food was just OK, except for the restaurants that you pay additional surcharge. They lost some of my clothes, although they did compensate me for this.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Having cruised 47 times, Celebrity wins hands down on overall performance. Of my 28 cruises with celebrity 26 have been in the 99 percentile. Excellent value for its category of cruise line. Most of the itinerary options have been very interesting. I am an high level elite guest so I receive many inclusions. Some of celebrity older ships have exquisite artwork; some of your newer ships have very experienced staff. Even the newer staff, with proper training will develop into excellent employees who care about their jobs. I obviously love cruising and have found Celebrity to be one of the best.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Great cruise - food and service excellent; like it better with more adults and less children. Good value, competitive with others at same quality level. Mediterranean options were typical of competition. Wish trip to Rome was shorter bus ride - round trip is wasted 3 hours, maybe choose another port. Their inclusions are a nice benefit. Wish the cabins with balcony were a bit larger so we are not in each other's way. Barely enough room for 1 of 2 people to walk around together. We always seem to get ready for dinner in shifts! Otherwise love the cabin service and the food choices.

Celebrity Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Celebrity Cruises combines modern luxury with a contemporary cruise experience. Founded in 1986, Celebrity Cruises merged with Royal Carribean in 1997 and has grown to a fleet of 11 ships providing trips to destinations throughout the Bahamas, Bermudas, Carribean, Europe, Alaska and more.

• Personalized service: Celebrity Cruises excursions are staffed with a ratio of one staff member for every two guests, which allows for a personal touch in guest service.

• Cruisetour experiences: Cruisetour experiences are cultural immersion-style cruises that sail to numerous ports worldwide like Mt. Fuji in Japan, Bangkok in China, Mystery Island in Vanuatu and hundreds more.

• Overnight excursions: Celebrity Cruises offers "Evening Around the World" that lets guests experience a night spent at some of the ship's ports of call instead of aboard the ship.

• Spa treatment: An onboard spa is available on Celebrity Cruises, in addition to the relaxation and health-focused Take Care of YourSelfie experience.

• Family fun: While sometimes considered an adult cruise line, Celebrity Cruises also features on board programs designed for children and youth; the programs are aimed at guests ranging from toddler age to the teenage years.

• Best for: The Celebrity Cruises liner is best for food lovers and adults seeking an elegant cruise experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Miami
FL
www.celebritycruises.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business