3.66/5

Looking for a travel site?

Celebrity Cruises

Looking for a travel site?

Celebrity Cruises Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

In the line of Royal Caribbean, I have traveled in its three categories, Azamara, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean but as a personal opinion for middle-aged people I preferred Celebrity. Excellent food, big rooms and normal-sized bathrooms where a person with a little weight is very comfortable. There are not many amenities for children therefore, it is more suitable for adults.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Our seven day July Alaskan cruise, was wonderful. Be prepared to be in a T-shirt or have a jacket, the weather changes drastically. It was some of the most magical, majestic, awesome, all inspiring moments an eye, mind and body could experience with nature. I was moved to tears experiencing glaciers, whales and bald eagles. Be ready to walk a lot, be prepared for crowns getting on and off the ship, and be prepared to gain a few pounds from the wonderful food.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Sailed Celebrity 3 times since 2017, on 3 different ships. The Solstice class are outstanding vessels. Staterooms are not cramped, most have a veranda. Ships are clean! The staff are outstanding, with excellent food and great destinations. We plan to only cruise Celebrity.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Good food, good accommodations, and service. We were 3 couples traveling together and wanted a table for 6. Celebrity sat us with another unrelated couple which was a bit uncomfortable and the table was located by the service areas. Fortunately, they were able to change our table location and the other couple stayed and sat with other people. We were not able to do a tour due to our age which was ridiculous - we were told it was the insurance company that did not allow it. The fact that we were very active individuals who were more like 50 year olds than 70 did not matter. I now know to check on this with Celebrity.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Our last cruise was in Feb. 2019 on the Celebrity Edge, a brand new ship. Loved everything about the ship, the service and the amenities. Highly recommend! The state rooms were redesigned to include the veranda, which makes the room larger will keeping the feeling of a veranda. The restaurants were amazing and were of all different types and food offerings. We couldn't get to every restaurant because there were so many. The spa is beautiful, fully equipped with its own pool. Enjoyed all the entertainment offered on board, from musical productions, movies, comedy shows, etc. There is a deck extension that moves up and down the outside of the ship. It was used for entering/departing the ship on a lower level, a bar on another level and a restaurant on a different level. Very cool. The ship itself is stunningly beautiful!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Celebrity Cruises?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Upcoming cruise in December 2019. Original departure and returning port was Ft. Lauderdale. They have just changed departing port to Miami but still returning into Ft. Lauderdale. Celebrity is providing shuttle from airport but only if you are flying in. If you are driving they pretty much said you are on your own to figure out how to get between the two ports. This is going to add cost and major inconvenience for us. Shame on you Celebrity, it was your scheduling problem so you should provide shuttle from port to port. I will think twice before booking with you again. I may even cancel this one.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Booked a cruise Best of the Western Mediterranean on the Constellation 7/26/19 for a 10/31/20-11/9/20 booking. When I went into my account on 8/3/19, I was booked on an entirely different cruise. Celebrity without advising me booked me on a Spain and Azores Transatlantic. When I called, I received no apology from the representative in the Resolutions Dept. Also, no suitable explanation was given for the change. Very disappointed in my dealings with Celebrity Cruise Lines. Beware if you book a cruise on Celebrity, it may not be what you signed up for initially.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

August 30/19: Had looked forward to Alaskan Cruise for weeks! After a long day, delay in airports, etc., we arrived in Seattle, looked for Celebrity Transport to the ship. Don, a Celebrity airport transportation clerk was kind enough to get us to the pier to speak with a Celebrity representative, whom Don said would be waiting for us. My travel partner had a passport issue, mine was in good order.

Dumped on the pier, another kind man, John, led us to the reception area to speak with Patricia. Those 2 Celebrity men were the only people we met with that had any empathy or sympathy for our situation! We had a very unsatisfying conversation with Patricia, who called in Alana, a Celebrity Guest Relations person - Alana came prepared with a letter stating we could catch up with the ship at next port of call, at considerable additional costs to us. We did have a wonderful, helpful cab driver, Kur, who took us to the passport office and returned us to the airport. Delta Airlines did get us on a 1:00 a.m flight back home, changing our return tickets, adding a $200 charge per person.

We are seniors and had been up since 3:00 a.m. to make our flights to Seattle. We, also live on limited incomes and decided to forego a hotel cost and stayed around the airport until flight time. That one day cost us almost $6,000 and we did not even see the inside of a Celebrity Cruise ship. I'm not done dealing with Celebrity. My next letter will be to my Congressman, and the Attorney General concerning Consumer Protection.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Aqua Class on Celebrity. Reality is that there is not a lot much for so much more money paid. Poor toiletries. Tired bath robes. Poor perks. Pathetic diffuser in the Aqua Class cabin and it was a selling point, likewise with lip salve one between the cabin. Lol. The toiletries in the cabin were dusty and poor. Shore excursion nightmare. Poor control of crowds and overcrowding, often not enough seating and crowding. Brochure shows odd people enjoying a drink and chat, the reality is very different. Trampled on in excursions and crowded with bruises and no staff support. It's a farce.

Huge advertising and then the thousands on ship have to scramble to get through things. It's not good. The laundry service poor, laundry not fresh and it's all about getting you to spend on Celebrity. A lot of additional charges on the bills and many holiday makers complaining. I would avoid Celebrity if you want less hassle. They are not willing to listen either and the money once taken is gone and they do not fairly investigate complaints. It's all totally false and fake. The eggs on board had a terrible taste and we picked up a bug. I would avoid Celebrity if you can.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Having a problem with Celebrity. I booked (and paid for) a flight for a cruise in January on the Celebrity website. It specifically says "if the reservation is cancelled before the original ticketed departure date, the value of the unused ticket may be applied to future travel within 1 year." After going back and forth with Celebrity and Lufthansa several times, the Celebrity supervisor said I had to cancel the ticket, pay the penalty, and use the balance for future travel on Lufthansa. Not happy, but okay. I cancelled, bought a new ticked for the cruise via Celebrity Flights and was told I have a credit at Lufthansa.

Today I tried to use that credit, and Lufthansa says, I can only book new tickets though Celebrity again. I'm not buying another cruise, so booking a flight on Lufthansa for a flight from Tampa to Germany is dumb. Is this typical of booking through Celebrity? I even told them just to give me onboard credit for the amount and I would be okay, but this ticket runaround is getting to me. Any suggestions to resolve this?

Celebrity Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Celebrity Cruises combines modern luxury with a contemporary cruise experience. Founded in 1986, Celebrity Cruises merged with Royal Carribean in 1997 and has grown to a fleet of 11 ships providing trips to destinations throughout the Bahamas, Bermudas, Carribean, Europe, Alaska and more.

• Personalized service: Celebrity Cruises excursions are staffed with a ratio of one staff member for every two guests, which allows for a personal touch in guest service.

• Cruisetour experiences: Cruisetour experiences are cultural immersion-style cruises that sail to numerous ports worldwide like Mt. Fuji in Japan, Bangkok in China, Mystery Island in Vanuatu and hundreds more.

• Overnight excursions: Celebrity Cruises offers "Evening Around the World" that lets guests experience a night spent at some of the ship's ports of call instead of aboard the ship.

• Spa treatment: An onboard spa is available on Celebrity Cruises, in addition to the relaxation and health-focused Take Care of YourSelfie experience.

• Family fun: While sometimes considered an adult cruise line, Celebrity Cruises also features on board programs designed for children and youth; the programs are aimed at guests ranging from toddler age to the teenage years.

• Best for: The Celebrity Cruises liner is best for food lovers and adults seeking an elegant cruise experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs