3.30/5
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Cedar Point

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 14, 2017

10 Cedar Point Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Jeers to Cedar Point for being the most unfriendly business in the world towards handicapped people. I am 32 years old. I am in a wheelchair due to Cerebral Palsy. I am an adrenaline junkie. I've made 7 tandem skydive. I fly airplanes. I snow ski. I LOVE roller coasters! I always ride anything and everything. I've been to numerous parks and I always ride anything I want. I visited Cedar Point in 2007. I was pumped up for it, only to arrive with my mom and my aunt, to be told, "If you can't walk, you can't ride." Cedar Point's staff was downright nasty as well. People in wheelchairs want and have the right to live life as well. Cedar Point is the most unfortunate experience I've ever had. JEERS TO CEDAR POINT!??

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Instead of writing about our not-so-fun experience I will just warn you NOT to believe the marketing material you find on the group sales website. Because they did not honor ticket sales priced at $39.00 for groups of 15+ or more, I had to come out of pocket to cover additional costs for a family event. I'd also like to mention they did not honor the upsell of complimentary breakfast or pizza buffet as advertised with the hotel accommodations. And lastly, I sent in a complaint, called twice and it has been over three weeks with no response. After they get your money... They don't care. Never again Cedar Point, never again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 8, 2017

I visited your park fourth of July and had an incident that I had to leave early to avoid a fight involving an employee, my daughter, and a few of her friends. And my wife was shocked to hear the employee yell at my daughter who has a disability, rushing her and yelling at her. I told the worker my daughter is disabled and is very emotional when yelled at. She was very upset and crying and to avoid any more conflict my wife just said to leave the park. I had a complaint made with security but have not heard anything.

Original review: June 16, 2017

4-adult passes. The first 3 out of 4 rides we tried were broke down or broke while in line. Throughout the day other rides were down also. Hours in line... Nothing!!! Their Courtyard hot food was cold... Not a good day for Cedar Point! Not worth the money!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Great. It was fun. They had a lot of cool roller coasters to choose from but as many smaller rides. I wish the park had clear signs and directions about where to find rides like they do at the Columbus Zoo where they give clear directions with signs and pictures!!! I AM NOT GOING TO USE A MAP! It can get tiring just finding your own way around! Other than that major inconvenience it's a great park. I just wish they would please help people get around easier so we can enjoy the park better!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cedar Point?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Exhausting! Worth it! Rides! Rides! And more rides! The place seems endless... and many of them truly unique! Make the trip! I've visited many... and as a true amusement park it is by far the best!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Had a good time. Ready to have a lot of fun and enjoy the food and game at this amusement park. My daughter have planned trips to this park with many friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Friendly workers, lines move quickly. Food prices very high but everything else of a good value. We did not follow any itinerary. We just moved along and went on rides as we came upon them. One price covers all rides. It is a busy place but a fun place if you like to go on all sorts of rides. You will definitely be exhausted when you leave. We watched the rides get tested before opening and there is a sense of safety when you go on them.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Great for the money. Something for everyone. Spend money on the line skipping pass for the amusement park, it takes forever otherwise! The water park is a blast. There is something for every age here.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Fun fast and clean! The hotel overall was nice but the quality of the room itself felt very cheap for the high price paid for 3 days. The indoor water park was very nice and well maintained. Service at the front desk was good. The restaurants were okay but again overpriced.

Cedar Point expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This Ohio amusement park, which sits on a peninsula on the south shore of Lake Erie, opened in 1860, making it the second oldest amusement park in the United States. The park is open May-September and select weekends in October and November. More than three and a half million people visit the park each year.

• Family friendly: Cedar Point makes sure that everyone in the family will enjoy their visit. The parent swap policy allows both parents to ride a height-restricted ride, at different times, but only one parent has to wait in line, freeing the other parent to care for and entertain the children. The park also has four separate children’s areas, so there are plenty of rides for the kids to enjoy as well.
    • Pet accommodations: While pets are not permitted inside Cedar Point, the park has a doggie daycare called Pet Chek. Pets are housed in crates or runs, and their owners can return to visit, feed or walk them throughout the day. Staff ensures that pets have fresh water throughout the day.
    • The beach: Before Cedar Point was an amusement park, it was a beach destination, and today’s visitors continue to enjoy the sandy beach. Visitors can exit the park to enjoy the beach and then return to the park after swimming, playing beach volleyball or just relaxing. Lifeguards are present during park hours.
    • In line entertainment: Like many other parks, Cedar Point sells passes that allow guests to skip lines or access priority lines. However, the park also ensures that guests who do not purchase these passes keep having fun, even when waiting in line. Using their smartphones, guests join a clan and play the Battle for Cedar Point by acquiring points when they scan symbols hidden around the park. Scanning the symbols plays special videos and unlocks clues for playing the game. Winning clans are announced at the end of the day, and players on the winning teams can buy special products.
    • Award winning: Amusement Today, a monthly trade magazine for individuals in the amusement industry, holds yearly awards for amusement and water parks known as The Golden Ticket Awards. Cedar Point has won a total of 36 Golden Tickets. It also won Best Park every year between 1998 and 2013, and in 2014 and 2015 it took a close second place to a Europa-Park, located in Rust, Germany.
    • Best for: For anyone who loves amusement parks or roller coasters, Cedar Point is a must visit.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs