4.08/5

25 Cedar Point Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We love Cedar Point. We go there every other year. I wish there was a little more of the Snoopy and Peanuts gang involved but it’s still a great park! The rides are so much fun!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The US Citizens and young people from other countries that spoke English well that worked there were fun and friendly. But there were people from other countries whose English was so bad they would try and just smile and say yes to whatever you asked them. It wouldn't have been so bad but there were people like this at the front gate that passed on bad information about the different benefits of the different tickets and the various upgrades. There were also a few poor English speakers that read the safety rules on rides that are going to get someone hurt or killed. While the vast majority of the foreign workers were great, there were definitely some that spoke such poor English they should have been assigned to non-critical positions or shouldn't have been hired at all. And the ones at the ticket booths were costing the company money in lost upselling.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Park was great, kids loved it. The cabins to rent by the park and by Lake Erie was fantastic. They also have a wonderful water park at the front of Cedar Point. We didn't have time to go there but it sure looked fun!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Waited 30 minutes in line at a refreshment station only for them to tell me I had to go next door to get a "water cup." Apparently tap water is on premium here. Thank God for places like Holiday World.

Original review: June 21, 2019

3 of the roller coasters I wanted to ride shut down either when I was in line or actually seated. Two other coasters were shut down for maintenance when I walked up to them. Some of the rides with multiple seating were not working such as the Skyhawk and Power Tower. I have visited this park in the past and I have not experienced such inconvenience as what I encountered this year. The water park had dirty water in some of the attractions. The arcade is a total rip-off. Half of the games were not working. Several game machines took my quarters but did not give me a play. Most of the change dispensers were out of order. The customer service is not very good. The signage is practically non-existent making it difficult to find one's way to particular attractions. My impression of Cedar Point is that it is a broken down amusement park that needs a major face-lift.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cedar Point?

Original review: June 9, 2019

The electronic system Cedar Point uses for customers to lock belongings in lockers will allow other people to be assigned the EXACT SAME LOCKER with a new code. Yes, you read that correct. Someone was assign the same locker as me 4 minutes after I properly locked the door of my locker. Upon returning we found our backpack on top of all the lockers. While waiting for security to show up the other guest returned to "my" locker trying to open it. Their code no longer worked either and in the process of deciphering what happened we compared receipts. Their system assigned my locker 4 minutes after my assignment.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

First time there for the Halloweekend event and was very disappointed. Got to the park early about 12 pm to enjoy the whole day. We were especially excited for the night because of Halloweekend. Anyway time passed and the night finally came. We did about 2 or 3 haunted houses and thought we would be encountering zombies here and there and all we seen was all the workers in their nonscary costumes walking in groups back and forth. I mean it was not scary at all. I come from Florida and have went to Universal Studios and man do they do an awesome job there. I don’t understand why can’t a big amusement park like Cedar Point that makes so much money in sales of any kind can’t do better for Halloween scares. People go for the scare. I hope Cedar Point sees this review 'cause I hope they get better for next year... So much money I spent on the tickets and we were so DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We chose a Sunday that was open until 10 PM. In the years past there have always been zombies out at night roaming in the fog through Frontiertown. There were no zombies. Super boring for my teenage boys. We spent a lot of money and will not return next year. What’s the point of staying open until 10 if you’re not going to have any Halloween fun night.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I DO NOT NORMALLY write a review but I feel it warrants a mini rant just in case some other family is about to ruin a vacation... I have been going to Cedar Point since I was a young teen and last weekend Sept 22nd 2018 was my worst experience there. I paid a lot of money in tickets and travel. The lines were the worst. Nothing short of 2 to 2 1/2 hours (but lines are part of it I know). We were in line for three separate rides around 2 hours or more that had (TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY) as they call it and they were down for a long time so at the end of the night we had rode 4 rides and not walked through any scary houses because they were at least 3 hrs long.

When we were in line at the Top Thrill Dragster a guy that had paid for the fast lane pass said he had been in line three separate times and each time it broke down. Don't you think at some point the park should have to be held accountable??? I WILL be looking for a new amusement park for future vacations. R.I.P. Cedar Point! The quality and overall customer service has declined. We are just a number now!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Everything was overpriced; admission and parking increased by $10.00 each. So ridiculous because nothing was added to reflect an increase in price. You just feel ripped off.

Cedar Point expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This Ohio amusement park, which sits on a peninsula on the south shore of Lake Erie, opened in 1860, making it the second oldest amusement park in the United States. The park is open May-September and select weekends in October and November. More than three and a half million people visit the park each year.

• Family friendly: Cedar Point makes sure that everyone in the family will enjoy their visit. The parent swap policy allows both parents to ride a height-restricted ride, at different times, but only one parent has to wait in line, freeing the other parent to care for and entertain the children. The park also has four separate children’s areas, so there are plenty of rides for the kids to enjoy as well.

• Pet accommodations: While pets are not permitted inside Cedar Point, the park has a doggie daycare called Pet Chek. Pets are housed in crates or runs, and their owners can return to visit, feed or walk them throughout the day. Staff ensures that pets have fresh water throughout the day.

• The beach: Before Cedar Point was an amusement park, it was a beach destination, and today’s visitors continue to enjoy the sandy beach. Visitors can exit the park to enjoy the beach and then return to the park after swimming, playing beach volleyball or just relaxing. Lifeguards are present during park hours.

• In line entertainment: Like many other parks, Cedar Point sells passes that allow guests to skip lines or access priority lines. However, the park also ensures that guests who do not purchase these passes keep having fun, even when waiting in line. Using their smartphones, guests join a clan and play the Battle for Cedar Point by acquiring points when they scan symbols hidden around the park. Scanning the symbols plays special videos and unlocks clues for playing the game. Winning clans are announced at the end of the day, and players on the winning teams can buy special products.

• Award winning: Amusement Today, a monthly trade magazine for individuals in the amusement industry, holds yearly awards for amusement and water parks known as The Golden Ticket Awards. Cedar Point has won a total of 36 Golden Tickets. It also won Best Park every year between 1998 and 2013, and in 2014 and 2015 it took a close second place to a Europa-Park, located in Rust, Germany.

• Best for: For anyone who loves amusement parks or roller coasters, Cedar Point is a must visit.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs