2.95/5
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

22 Cedar Point Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

First time there for the Halloweekend event and was very disappointed. Got to the park early about 12 pm to enjoy the whole day. We were especially excited for the night because of Halloweekend. Anyway time passed and the night finally came. We did about 2 or 3 haunted houses and thought we would be encountering zombies here and there and all we seen was all the workers in their nonscary costumes walking in groups back and forth. I mean it was not scary at all. I come from Florida and have went to Universal Studios and man do they do an awesome job there. I don’t understand why can’t a big amusement park like Cedar Point that makes so much money in sales of any kind can’t do better for Halloween scares. People go for the scare. I hope Cedar Point sees this review 'cause I hope they get better for next year... So much money I spent on the tickets and we were so DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We chose a Sunday that was open until 10 PM. In the years past there have always been zombies out at night roaming in the fog through Frontiertown. There were no zombies. Super boring for my teenage boys. We spent a lot of money and will not return next year. What’s the point of staying open until 10 if you’re not going to have any Halloween fun night.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I DO NOT NORMALLY write a review but I feel it warrants a mini rant just in case some other family is about to ruin a vacation... I have been going to Cedar Point since I was a young teen and last weekend Sept 22nd 2018 was my worst experience there. I paid a lot of money in tickets and travel. The lines were the worst. Nothing short of 2 to 2 1/2 hours (but lines are part of it I know). We were in line for three separate rides around 2 hours or more that had (TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY) as they call it and they were down for a long time so at the end of the night we had rode 4 rides and not walked through any scary houses because they were at least 3 hrs long.

When we were in line at the Top Thrill Dragster a guy that had paid for the fast lane pass said he had been in line three separate times and each time it broke down. Don't you think at some point the park should have to be held accountable??? I WILL be looking for a new amusement park for future vacations. R.I.P. Cedar Point! The quality and overall customer service has declined. We are just a number now!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We love Cedar Point. We go there every other year. I wish there was a little more of the Snoopy and Peanuts gang involved but it’s still a great park! The rides are so much fun!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The US Citizens and young people from other countries that spoke English well that worked there were fun and friendly. But there were people from other countries whose English was so bad they would try and just smile and say yes to whatever you asked them. It wouldn't have been so bad but there were people like this at the front gate that passed on bad information about the different benefits of the different tickets and the various upgrades. There were also a few poor English speakers that read the safety rules on rides that are going to get someone hurt or killed. While the vast majority of the foreign workers were great, there were definitely some that spoke such poor English they should have been assigned to non-critical positions or shouldn't have been hired at all. And the ones at the ticket booths were costing the company money in lost upselling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cedar Point?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Everything was overpriced; admission and parking increased by $10.00 each. So ridiculous because nothing was added to reflect an increase in price. You just feel ripped off.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Park was great, kids loved it. The cabins to rent by the park and by Lake Erie was fantastic. They also have a wonderful water park at the front of Cedar Point. We didn't have time to go there but it sure looked fun!

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have been going to Cedar Point since I was a kid and never left as disappointed as I was yesterday. Waited hours with 2 young children just to have THREE rides break down while we were on the platform! They do nothing for you - I remember years ago if you made it back they would give you a return stamp which was awesome! Two separate rides - got to the platform and had to watch them clean off puke with zero urgency. Added an extra 30 minutes. This was half of our day wasted! Very discouraging for the kids!

Now for the FastPass - I understand people pay extra. However, I hate that my money is not as good because we are in such a large group it is not financially feasible to afford. We waited in line for two hours and watched people with those passes ride one coaster 5 times while we waited. I was shocked! There has got to be a way for the park to equal this out. (Make it cheaper & limit the rides per hour). Do you know how hard it is to explain to an 8 year old why they keep getting to go in front and we can’t afford to? I even talked with an employee about this and he agreed you are robbing your customer of a good time.

On top of that there was a women with a disability so she got to cut the line. 100% agree with this wholeheartedly. However, her group of TEN PEOPLE who are perfectly capable of standing should not be made that same exception. She should be allowed a riding partner absolutely, but to allow an entire train to cut the line because one person can’t stand is just taking advantage of the system - especially with this new FastPass system. The employees running the coasters use to be half the fun. They were enthusiastic & funny. Now it’s beyond obvious they are bored and hate their jobs. Overall, the worst CP experience in 20 years. Disappointed with what this park has become.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Tried to ride the Magnum 200 XL and we went thru the 1st set of lines with a backpack and the girl near said anything then we are waiting to get in the car for the ride only to be told we can ride it because of the backpack while other passengers were wearing purses and fanny packs. Bathrooms were extremely dirty and I went 3 different times in 3 different restrooms throughout the park and only a few stall doors lock and most of those were taken or too dirty to use.

Tried to ride the Millennium Force, where we walking shortly behind the couple in front of us and the guy throws the chain up and said the ride was down. Literally 2 seconds before people were allowed in. Went to ride the Rougarou and a rider that had just been brought back threw up everywhere. The ride operator sprayed it down with water and pink stuff in a bottle. There were still vomit chunks sitting on the ride. It was gross. Certain entrances to certain rides were difficult to find even with the map.

Went to ride the Power Drop I believe was the name and we had bought fast passes. The operator refused to acknowledge any other than the people in front of him. He never once let anyone with fast passes in until people were having to shout to get his attention and finally another operator had us come through. Soda was watered down and it was a waste to buy the refillable cup because it was gross. One ride while waiting in line to get into the cart a lady and her 3 kids pass the operator a purple piece of paper and he tells everyone how they will get to ride ahead of everyone already waiting line and we would have to wait for the next car.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The rides were awesome, and so were the staff, it was one place where the rides were great and SO were the rides, plus there are great places around the park, like cedar shores, and put in bay, and the breakers hotel was VERY nice. It's also like the rides get better every year, like Valravn was the best, I would say it would be 5 times better than a trip to the Grand Canyon!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Over the past weekend my family & I took a trip to Cedar Point. Everything was fine until riding the train around the park I snapped a picture & my phone fell in the grass off the train. I was told it was a restricted, and only a authorized person go retrieve it. By the time I rode it around to see it again... It was already gone. (Mind you, this is a no access point for guests). I waited 6 hours for them to tell me I had to wait until the next day JUST FOR THEM TO TELL ME THEY DIDNT HAVE IT. SO CEDAR POINT STOLE MY 800.00 CELL PHONE & CLAIM THEY DONT HAVE IT. So they are backing their employees for stealing & are very unprofessional in handling guest relations. All I can say is The ** family from Michigan, California & Pennsylvania will NEVER spend money with the Cedar Point franchise again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

After waiting in line at the entrance for our fright lane passes we were informed they did not have anymore and sent us off to another location within the park, who didn't have a clue what we were talking about. They sent us off to yet another place and we were finally given our passes. This process took an hour and a half. What a frustrating waste of time. Won't be going back!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Jeers to Cedar Point for being the most unfriendly business in the world towards handicapped people. I am 32 years old. I am in a wheelchair due to Cerebral Palsy. I am an adrenaline junkie. I've made 7 tandem skydive. I fly airplanes. I snow ski. I LOVE roller coasters! I always ride anything and everything. I've been to numerous parks and I always ride anything I want. I visited Cedar Point in 2007. I was pumped up for it, only to arrive with my mom and my aunt, to be told, "If you can't walk, you can't ride." Cedar Point's staff was downright nasty as well. People in wheelchairs want and have the right to live life as well. Cedar Point is the most unfortunate experience I've ever had. JEERS TO CEDAR POINT!??

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Instead of writing about our not-so-fun experience I will just warn you NOT to believe the marketing material you find on the group sales website. Because they did not honor ticket sales priced at $39.00 for groups of 15+ or more, I had to come out of pocket to cover additional costs for a family event. I'd also like to mention they did not honor the upsell of complimentary breakfast or pizza buffet as advertised with the hotel accommodations. And lastly, I sent in a complaint, called twice and it has been over three weeks with no response. After they get your money... They don't care. Never again Cedar Point, never again.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I visited your park fourth of July and had an incident that I had to leave early to avoid a fight involving an employee, my daughter, and a few of her friends. And my wife was shocked to hear the employee yell at my daughter who has a disability, rushing her and yelling at her. I told the worker my daughter is disabled and is very emotional when yelled at. She was very upset and crying and to avoid any more conflict my wife just said to leave the park. I had a complaint made with security but have not heard anything.

Original review: June 16, 2017

4-adult passes. The first 3 out of 4 rides we tried were broke down or broke while in line. Throughout the day other rides were down also. Hours in line... Nothing!!! Their Courtyard hot food was cold... Not a good day for Cedar Point! Not worth the money!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Great. It was fun. They had a lot of cool roller coasters to choose from but as many smaller rides. I wish the park had clear signs and directions about where to find rides like they do at the Columbus Zoo where they give clear directions with signs and pictures!!! I AM NOT GOING TO USE A MAP! It can get tiring just finding your own way around! Other than that major inconvenience it's a great park. I just wish they would please help people get around easier so we can enjoy the park better!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Exhausting! Worth it! Rides! Rides! And more rides! The place seems endless... and many of them truly unique! Make the trip! I've visited many... and as a true amusement park it is by far the best!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Had a good time. Ready to have a lot of fun and enjoy the food and game at this amusement park. My daughter have planned trips to this park with many friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Friendly workers, lines move quickly. Food prices very high but everything else of a good value. We did not follow any itinerary. We just moved along and went on rides as we came upon them. One price covers all rides. It is a busy place but a fun place if you like to go on all sorts of rides. You will definitely be exhausted when you leave. We watched the rides get tested before opening and there is a sense of safety when you go on them.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Great for the money. Something for everyone. Spend money on the line skipping pass for the amusement park, it takes forever otherwise! The water park is a blast. There is something for every age here.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Fun fast and clean! The hotel overall was nice but the quality of the room itself felt very cheap for the high price paid for 3 days. The indoor water park was very nice and well maintained. Service at the front desk was good. The restaurants were okay but again overpriced.

Cedar Point expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This Ohio amusement park, which sits on a peninsula on the south shore of Lake Erie, opened in 1860, making it the second oldest amusement park in the United States. The park is open May-September and select weekends in October and November. More than three and a half million people visit the park each year.

• Family friendly: Cedar Point makes sure that everyone in the family will enjoy their visit. The parent swap policy allows both parents to ride a height-restricted ride, at different times, but only one parent has to wait in line, freeing the other parent to care for and entertain the children. The park also has four separate children’s areas, so there are plenty of rides for the kids to enjoy as well.

• Pet accommodations: While pets are not permitted inside Cedar Point, the park has a doggie daycare called Pet Chek. Pets are housed in crates or runs, and their owners can return to visit, feed or walk them throughout the day. Staff ensures that pets have fresh water throughout the day.

• The beach: Before Cedar Point was an amusement park, it was a beach destination, and today’s visitors continue to enjoy the sandy beach. Visitors can exit the park to enjoy the beach and then return to the park after swimming, playing beach volleyball or just relaxing. Lifeguards are present during park hours.

• In line entertainment: Like many other parks, Cedar Point sells passes that allow guests to skip lines or access priority lines. However, the park also ensures that guests who do not purchase these passes keep having fun, even when waiting in line. Using their smartphones, guests join a clan and play the Battle for Cedar Point by acquiring points when they scan symbols hidden around the park. Scanning the symbols plays special videos and unlocks clues for playing the game. Winning clans are announced at the end of the day, and players on the winning teams can buy special products.

• Award winning: Amusement Today, a monthly trade magazine for individuals in the amusement industry, holds yearly awards for amusement and water parks known as The Golden Ticket Awards. Cedar Point has won a total of 36 Golden Tickets. It also won Best Park every year between 1998 and 2013, and in 2014 and 2015 it took a close second place to a Europa-Park, located in Rust, Germany.

• Best for: For anyone who loves amusement parks or roller coasters, Cedar Point is a must visit.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs