2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.81/5

Carnival Cruise Lines Reviews

Original review: March 28, 2020

It was the last vacation I took with my Mom. She had the onset of Dementia while we where on the cruise and everyone the crew and the guests were wonderful with her and helpful. We had a blast and made life long friends and it's a vacation I will never forget.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Their whole team was excellent. Room service to deck experience was nice. The meals were well coordinated. The room was perfect and made daily very well. Even the flight to the ship was good and on time.

Original review: March 27, 2020

TOTALLY disorganized and you pay the higher dollar thinking you are going to get a better vacay.... They do not and will cater to anyone with a handicap.... Their workers do not listen to their managerial staff.... Rooms not done....keys that do not work.... If you complain their customer service will not even call you.... Their staff do their best but not enough of them for the amount of people.... I tried them twice giving them a second chance but they will never ever see my money again....

Original review: March 27, 2020

This was my first cruise and I had a wonderful time, I never felt bored. There was always something interesting to do or watch. I worried about ocean sickness and took a lot of medicine but I never needed it. The ship didn't rock or sway at all. The staff was always friendly and eager to help, the food was good and a big variety. My room was taken care of and clean, on my next trip I am going to get a room with a window or balcony.

Original review: March 27, 2020

We have traveled with Carnival multiple times and have thoroughly enjoyed most of them. However, the last cruise we took was far sub par. Major portions of the ship where closed for work during the cruise which really made things less enjoyable. Also the food quality on that trip was far lower than the previous cruises. It has really caused us to wonder if we will utilize Carnival again.

We were called by Carnival after that cruise and asked about how the trip was. When we told them, they said that they were sorry but hoped we understood that they need to make repairs and we would cruise with them again. That was a pathetic response. Then we also had a photo printed on canvas and when we picked it up they had printed the wrong photo. They told us they would ship the correct one to us. 8 months later we have yet to receive it, despite calling them repeatedly. I am perplexed at how the previous cruises had been so great and the service was superior, but on this last trip, they blew it. That is just unacceptable when you have spent thousands of dollars on your vacation. We are thinking it's time we go to another cruise line.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

Original review: March 25, 2020

SHAME ON CARNIVAL!!! While it isn't their fault that the Covid 19 has shut much of our nation and the world down as a whole, it isn't our fault either. I had a cruise booked for April that is not an option due to the travel restrictions, in addition to being on my own medical lock down due to being positive for the flu. While it wasn't for the virus, apparently they are about the same and I was asked to quarantine. I say asked but basically it wasn't an option.

Carnival is telling me of the $800-900 I paid for my cruise, I can only get back approx $500 and the remaining $300 something must be used within 12 mo toward a future cruise. They are refusing ALL other forms of compensation and not even giving any incentive for forcing you to basically lose your money. I have spent hours on the phone with them today. Management tries to avoid you at all costs, they will not provide other options, and in reading their own business and ethics codes, they are violating every single thing they swear to stand by.

I will never use this line again and will share this experience anytime I am able. This is not okay. People use your services when they feel respected, supported, and appreciated. You don't do that by keeping people's monies for services you cannot provide, even if it isn't your fault because it isn't ours either and we trusted you!!! NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I've been trying to reschedule my cruise. For 3 days was on hold for 3 hours and when I finally got to talk with someone and told them I wanted reschedule they hung up on me. This has happen every time I try to call for 3 days straight. Would recommend not to sail on their ships. Would highly recommend Royal Carrabean though.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Friends and I had a cruise booked for April with Carnival. We called and canceled and rebooked for later in the year. Beware. When you rebook, your cruise will cost more, you will not get a discount or a free upgrade. I lost my free upgrade and discount because “that cruise (same exact one) doesn’t offer any of those.” Yes, I’m a member of the VIFP club, gold heading into the next level. So be prepared to pay more than the original price for your rebooking. Plus, we lost our travel insurance and had to pay for it again because we were paid in full at the time of cancellation, and we will have to rebook our shore excursions (have no idea if there will be a cost increase with those). So, as of right now, I’m going to be paying over $200 more for the same cruise.

Original review: March 12, 2020

We signed up for a Carnival Cruise to Italy, and due to the Corona Virus they changed the itinerary to Spain. They refused to give us a refund, and told us we had to sail at a later date. This simply doesn't work for us due to our daughter's school schedule. I will never sail with Carnival again, and beware this company is more interested in your money than they are in doing what's right and fair. We entered into an agreement to go to Italy, and they failed to honor that... and told us we have to go to Spain or sail later. The right thing to do is give a refund.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I paid $ 800 deposit for cruise in August 2020; Due to the coronavirus fear; CDC has said it is not safe to travel right now. I called to cancel the cruise; After being on hold for one hour, I was told I will not get any money back; not a penny! I was not even offered credit for future cruise. Meanwhile they are offering free cruise upgrades and onboard credits to anybody else who still want to travel; I want my $800 back. My husband has health issues and cannot risk being exposed to the coronavirus. Customer service has been helpless thus far. I sent an e-mail to them, no answer so far. This would not be the first time cruising with them, but they will not get one more penny from me and I'm taking my business somewhere else.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Booked my cruise at the end of 2018 for September 1 2019. All ready to go. Two weeks left and Dorian shows up. Cruise port was cancelled. Got a cruise credit. Booked again for March 1 2020 for the same ports Jamaica Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Second day into the cruise they changed our itinerary to Amber Cove Grand Turk and Bahamas. Not only was it a cheaper cruise They sold these ports before cruise started at a rate of 179 a person. I paid 2000. We were

Compensated 200 onboard credit but my beef is we did not get our ports due to a political issue with Carnival and Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Conveniently carnival's phones do not work. You cannot get through. Never going carnival again even with a free cruise.

Original review: March 11, 2020

This was literally the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life. We booked our cruise in 2019 and purchased trip insurance thru Carnival. We were set to sail March 14th, 2020 on their Panorama Ship and had to cancel due to the coronavirus travel advisory (we have 2 children and my husband is chronically ill with an immunosuppressive disease). Not only did we have to call their 1-800 number for 3 days straight with no connection (they sited telephone issues and we were disconnected after their automated message literally over 70 times in 3 days) but when we finally got thru they simply disregarded our issue and told us they cannot issue a refund, only a credit toward a future sailing.

I told them we cannot afford the SIGNIFICANTLY higher rates over the summer and asked them to honor the same price for a future date. They said they cannot do that and we’d have to find a time to sail during “non peak” seasons. What a joke. I cannot take my kids out of school or pay double what I paid for this “vacation”. I will post this review everywhere I can.

Apparently cruise lines are being compensated to alleviate the financial loss due to this epidemic, but they are not compensating their customers in return. By the way- we lost the $400 in “trip insurance”, yet EVERYONE without trip insurance is getting the same “future credit”, so we lost our trip insurance money and got absolutely nothing in return. DO NOT BOOK WITH CARNIVAL! And for what it’s worth the vast majority of people who do go on a cruise with Carnival have terrible reviews/experiences. Wish I would have paid closer attention to that fact before wasting my time and money. Lesson learned. I hope they go out of business.

Original review: March 10, 2020

This would have been my 21st cruise with Carnival as our preferred line the last 15 years or so. I have never cancelled a cruise but with the Coronavirus and my wife's compromised immunity, her oncologist said no flying and no cruise. I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to go on another cruise again. I tried to get my deposit back but all I got was a script read by their customer relations rep who said the deposit was forfeited and there was no one else to talk to. I cancelled 3 and a half months prior to the cruise and before I made the final payment. The cruise industry must be hurting badly if my deposit is so important to them that they are willing to forgo any future travel by my wife and me. Be careful with whatever deposit you put down because you won't be getting it back. I'm out $679.00.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Just came back from Ensenada Cruise and the staff made my trip experience great and very safe. The professionalisms of its staff is above greatness. Especially the Aquatic Attendant Govind from India. I was a witness of how Mister Govind quick respond on rescuing a boy from drowning in the pool. It was incredible the reaction of Mister Govind in this situation and made me feel very safe of having my kids in the pool after I witness this event. More employees like this..

Original review: March 8, 2020

Cruising on Carnival Fascination, 3/1/20. Guest services informed each guest that since we had to skip St. Lucia because of sickness surrounding the corona virus, that we would each be gifted 200$ in onboard credit. My whole party used that money, then found out on disembarkation day that there was a mess up in the system and they would all be charged for the extra gifted money spent. Very angry at the communication and lack of empathy for a situation like this. I would not have spent this money, knowing that it was not truly gifted. I am not sure I will sail with carnival again after this experience. Customer service desk did not have the correct answers and has really financially caused an issue for my party and I. Not pleased at all to say the least!! Very wrong of the company and service crew for falsely informing guests.

Original review: March 4, 2020

This was our first cruise ever. The boat left port a few hours late due to mechanical issues. Once we did leave we had to turn around due to a medical emergency (these type of things happen and understandable). The mechanical issues were related to the equalization of the ship. It was extremely rocky and a few hours in more mechanical issues emerged and the ship was going half speed. Needless to say we missed our first port which was the main reason we picked this particular cruise.

We were given a $50 credit which was simply a slap in the face for the money we paid. The staff was great, the food was great, but the ship and the way they conduct their business was not something I ever want to experience again. As far as the drinks go, they were all watered down and since we had the cheers package we were limited to 15 and could not buy more or add more to our package. Guest services was absolutely no help with any of our concerns. IF we ever go on another cruise again it will NOT be with Carnival. The only reason this got 2 stars was because of the friendly staff.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Stay far away from the Victory Ship. First day on the boat we saw a roach crawling by the buffet bar. That ruined the whole trip for me. I've had a better experience on one of Carnival's newer ships, so I think this one is just really old and nasty. There is no reason guests should see roaches crawling around their food. DISGUSTING! STAY AWAY!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I have been on a few cruises with Carnival, but the Horizon was the worst cruise ever! We picked this cruise because Mike ** was supposed to be the cruise director but of course he was not there during our cruise. Donkey was the cruise director, he wasn't bad but not Mike **. We never got our $50 onboard credit we were supposed to receive & when we went to guest services about it we were told we lost it but upgrading our room! Next when we docked in Cozumel they had half the ship go to one gangway to exit the ship. Took us an hour to get off the ship only them to open 2 other gangways after waiting 60 mjns to get off. Everyday a friend & I went to get on the SkyRide we were told it was closed even if we tried during open hours & the last day we were told it was too windy. I was looking to go my daughter's Sweet 16 aboard Carnival but I'm now looking into a different cruise line for her sweet 16. I'm so disappointed in Carnival!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

We booked a group April 2019 for April 2020. I guess they don't give room assignments until the group finish paying for themselves. Since the ship filled up to 75% capacity. They not only upped our price but they gave us first floor rooms unless you booked a balcony. I didn't want a first floor ocean view room. I paid over 2000 for 2 people in this room and also paid an additional 800 for my younger daughter to stay with my adult daughter in a inside cabin. I requested a room change to a higher floor or to change me to an inside cabin because it doesn't make sense to me to pay for an ocean view room on the 1st floor. Carnival refused. So I am going to still go since I have a group of 22 people going but I will not Cruise Carnival again. This was my group that I put together. Carnival made over 22,000 dollars from the rooms alone because of me. And they were unwilling to compromise. I even said I would take cruise credit for the difference.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

The worst customer service ever! Worst experience with Carnival Paradise ever. As soon as we got on the boat and found a table by the pool the table was stacked with dishes and my husband asked a carnival staff member if they could please remove them or have someone to get them so we could sit down and the crew member said if he seen someone he will tell them. Not exactly the thing you tell someone that has just arrived on the boat for a relaxing vacation.

My husband found someone else and they just looked at him and said ok then after telling the third person which was a bartender our bartender came and cleaned the table off for our party of five to sit down 30 mins later. The boat stated it had been updated but it was dirty and when it rained it was leaking all through the halls even in the dining area. The food was less than desired and the wait time at dinner was extremely long. Wish there was more events going on during the day time hours on the ship.

The guys taking care of our room were excellent and very nice and so was the staff at the ocean camp for my daughter. Called customer service because my husband forgot a ring in our room the day we left and they didn’t make our worries any better by telling us they couldn’t help and we would have to go online and state what we lost. I think carnival needs an overhaul of changes on their customer service. We won’t be back we had rather cruise with Norwegian were they treated us like we were on vacation and didn’t have to lift a finger for anything.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Poor entertainment, staff seemed overworked. I was disappointed on this cruise, have been on 3 others with other cruise lines and enjoyed it very much. The entertainment was really below average and many activities were about selling you something, acupuncture, art, spa services. It seemed many days I was bored, pool area was fun, but too cold. Many days to be enjoyed. I do love Guys Burgers, bbq and the 24 hr pizza.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I along with many passengers on a 5 day vacation to Amber Cove and Grand Turk on January 11-16 2020 are extremely angry at the fact that we did not get what we paid for. Per Carnival Elation we missed our port at Amber Cove due to technical issues and Grand Turk due to weather, however as we left Grand Turk, another cruise line was docking. While looking for research to figure out if this happened before and sure enough it had. Many other Carnival Elation Cruises from June 2019 up until January 2020 missed this same trip.

As a petty consolation we were given a $50 onboard credit and port fees. For Grand Turk we only received another $50 onboard credit. They held a Q&A to answer any questions and that went horribly wrong. The captain was defensive and gave no explanation as to the real issues that caused us not to reach our scheduled location. It was decided by Carnival that we would port in Nassau. No one was happy about this especially due to the significant difference in price from what we paid for versus what we got with going to Nassau. I have called Carnival and was told it was too bad, and there was no other compensation that would be given. This is unacceptable, given that a trip to Nassau is much cheaper than what we paid for, for our trip.

We have cruised before and have never ever been this dissatisfied. We could have at least been given 50% off another cruise and not treated so poorly. On top of this, I was charged for a beach towel that I did not have or use. My fiance was double charged for purchases as well. I have decided to contact my bank and dispute the charges because I clearly did not get what I paid for. I am willing to pay for what it costs to go to Nassau, but absolutely not what it costs to go to Amber Cove and Grand Turk. Carnival should be ashamed at their poor service and compensation for missed ports. If ports are missed comparable ports should be scheduled instead.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I have not been able to provide a vacation for my children for years. I worked hard, saved up, and paid for a 5 day cruise to Amber Cove and Grand Turks. None of us had ever been on a cruise. I took my 40 hours off work, paid for flights, hotel rooms, and transportation to go on this once in a lifetime vacation with my family. Everything was great until we pulled out of port.

The ship rocked so hard, and I mean, you could not stand up hardly of be pushed up against the wall. I spent my first night in the room with sickness even though I have the patch, **, and sea bands. My children also felt it but was not as bad as I was. There was a day that the pool was drained and had to be fixed. Apparently there were engine issue and we floated off course, which put us behind and we're not able to make it to Amber Cove. I understand things happen, we were disappointed but tried to go on with our day. The activities that were added were not fun. How to make paper airplanes, the history of a wristwatch, and how to have better posture are not my ideas of fun while on vacation.

The next day we were to be in Grand Turks at 10, we showed up at 11 and were so close I could have almost jumped off the boat and swam. The captain said that it was too windy to dock. So another day stuck on the boat. So far I am 4 days into my 5 day cruise and we were boarded and starving. The food selection was horrible. The boat shut down pretty much at midnight. Yes, they gave use $50 onboard credit for missing our ports, but they really got it back because we were stuck on the boat and bored. While we were onboard there were several leaks that had to be worked on, the ship creaked like it was falling apart. I feel like I had the vacation from hell. To make matters worse, They put all these holds on my checking account, and a week later still have them.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

If I could rate less than 1 star, I would. There is so much that was wrong about this cruise, I may not have enough room. The ship was ridiculously rocky. So much so that it broke something in the pool so the pool was closed for repairs the first day at sea. Ship had mechanical problems so we couldn't dock in our first port, Amber Cove, because we would not have made it to the island until the evening when we would have had to leave. Grand Turk was the next day and we couldn't dock there either because of the wind. Funny how other ships could dock that day 30 minutes later.

We only received a $50 credit per port as compensation. Then we were told we would dock in Nassau (unscheduled). We didn't want to go to Nassau, but we had no say. Then we get to Nassau late, 11 am, so we had 4 hours to get off the ship, find something to do, and get back on the ship. Total waste of time. To make it worse, Carnival is refusing to give a full refund. This was my first and last cruise on Carnival.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Hello all. I'm writing you to let you know of the horrible horrendous customer service I received on and after my 5 day Eastern Caribbean cruise sailing from Port Canaveral on January 11 thru 16th 2020 Carnival's Elation. I know you have heard of the issues we encountered along this trip. I am unsure how a company of this size and stature is able to or willing to just turn their heads to the issues with their vessel. I was informed by a crew member on this journey that this is not the first time to have missed the port/ports in the recent past. I was informed it has been an ongoing issue since September 2019.

This was my first cruise as an adult, my fiance's 3rd and our 3 children's first cruise. We were stuck at sea for 4 days. One day with no pool for the kids as it was faulty as well as one of the motors or engines. We were compensated with a 50 onboard credit per person per port missed. That's nothing considering the amount we paid to see these two Caribbean islands, or the cost to have an adult beverage to calm and relax while drifting for a whole day towards Cuba. I purchased this cruise for my children to see D.R. And Turks only to be brought to the last place I would ever cruise or visit for that matter Nassau Bahamas. I made a calm call to customer service and voiced my concerns and complaints only to be told I had already received my compensation while on the boat. I was told there is nothing else that they could do due to corporate feeling we were reimbursed already. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that was not going to happen.

After some convincing and the unwillingness to accept what I was being told I was forwarded to a so called supervisor (Alfred **). I went on to explain my situation and he was rather rude and really didnt care about my concerns. He basically said nothing more is going to come out of this and my call will end with him. I politely asked if he was the owner. He said no! Then I asked to speak to his supervisor. Well that got me nowhere. He was unwilling to give me the information I was requesting or to forward me to her. Again after about 15 more minutes on the phone with him I was able to squeeze out of him his supervisors name (Corina **) but no way was I getting her contact info or extension to reach her.

I am not an unreasonable person but they need to be held accountable for the negligence that they are practicing. They have 2600 people at a time on this vessel and they roll the dice each time they leave port as to whether they will make it to the next port or just float whichever way the tide takes them. I for one am not happy nor will I accept their lack of responsibility to the customers on this specific cruise or the next ones until they get it repaired properly. They are playing with people's time, money and well being. We deserve a refund! I feel the only one that won on this is Carnival because we were forced to remain on this boat and spend not only the measly $50 credit they gave us but much more... #CarnivalCruiseLine #CarnivalElation Hope you get better responses then we all have gotten from them. Thank you for reading my rant.

Sean

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Ship was broken. Could not dock at any booked ports. Ship rocked giving you a sick feeling for two days. This was the first and last cruise for us. They said we would get a refund but aint seen it. The ship was Carnival elation.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

This was my very first cruise I booked with some friends, I booked later then them so I got my own stateroom. We were very excited for this cruise and to start getting to the ship and boarding was very quick and painless. Once aboard and while the other guest boarded we set out to check out the ship. The interior of the ship was awesome. I felt like royalty! So when we finally set sail and as we got up to speed the ship started to bob around like a jet ski and as we got further out to sea it got worse. I myself didn't have the seasickness. 3 of my friends (2 of my friends were stuck in their beds the whole next day) a lot of the other passengers were also getting seasick. Many people including myself were having trouble walking straight (without alcohol) and the second night wasn't much better.

The noises and vibrations coming from the ship were crazy. I woke up sometime in early morning to very loud noise almost sounded like we hit something! Day 3 first port of call Amber Cove, Dominican Republic everybody couldn't wait to get off. Right about the time we were scheduled to port the captain come over intercom and told us that during the night we had "technical issues" with the ship that they were unable to fix and that we couldn't dock. They gave us a refund to our sail and sign acct. of $50 plus port fee so basically $70 plus excursion fees if any were prebooked and that tomorrow we would still go to Grand Turks!

Well the next morning we arrived and we got very close to island but again the captain said that due to high winds after 4 attempts we unfortunately weren't able to dock there. Either they again gave you another $50 plus excursion fee and told us they were able to get a spot for us to stop on the way back to Port Canaveral in Nassau, Bahamas which we were finally able to dock. But after getting everyone situated for our new excursions plus a 30hr boat ride to and from the excursion we ended up with about 4 hrs off ship since we had to be back at ship before 5pm to sail out, and our taxi boat dropped us off in downtown Nassau, a longer walk back to ship. Not very well planned.

Our last night on the ship was much better though. All in all the staff was very accommodating and friendly even having to deal with very upset passengers and having to work even harder since they had no breaks either. Disembarkment day was a absolute ** show as we were to be out of our staterooms by 9am. Everyone gathered near the atrium and it took forever to get ship tied up and they started calling deck numbers but as people were antsy to get off the ship this made getting off the ship very lengthy.

I even had to call my rental car company to extend my reservation and even with that we almost missed it, getting through customs and boarder patrol (and don't get me wrong, I completely understand their jobs and my hats off to all the men and women who protect this country of our) but it sucked as we came off ship we were directed by Carnival personnel to corral like cattle heading to slaughter house and even thought they tried to keep families and groups together my party was separated twice which added more time waiting for the others to catch up! All together the trip sucked, people were edgy.

I fortunately was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation in Florida but my first stop to the Kennedy space center was limited because of the B.S. getting off the ship but oh well I guess. Thanks carnival for wasting my money and time. I am glad to say that this will note to me from future cruises just NEVER ON A CARNIVAL CRUISE EVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

We were a group of ten people and not one of us will ever sail Carnival Cruise again. They are thieves and liars. The Elation didn't make the two destinations it was suppose to on between January 11 and January 17 2020 due to engine problems again. Not the first time this ship breaks down. Last time this happened people were reimbursed 100 dollars per stop. We got 50$ per stop. When we called the head office they said, "Sorry that's all you are getting". What thieves. Please help make people aware of carnival's lack of professionalism and care for people's safety. Money first safety last. The ship is old, dirty, rusty and smelly.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

My two best friends and I planned a Birthday trip for this cruise back in August. All of our birthdays are in January and the destinations (Dominican Republic & Turks and Caicos) seemed so perfect. Everything was going smoothly up until the very first night. We experienced extreme rockiness aboard the ship. The ship was making very unusual sounds that had many of us scared. This was my 3rd cruise and I had never heard anything like it. The director of the cruise failed to update us on these weird sounds. Throughout our first night, at about 12am we heard scraping sounds and the ship began to shake. We were absolutely terrified but thankfully, the noise and shaking eventually stopped.

By Monday morning, the captain notified us through the speakers that we would not be able to make it to Dominican Republic due to the engine having problems. The speed of the boat slowed down tremendously and there was no way we're going to make it to our destination in time. We were outraged. We had excursions planned for Atv riding and Ziplining. This was going to be the highlight of our trip, and missing out on it due to their own error was uncalled for. However, they let it be known that we would be refunded for all excursions. Carnival also mentioned that we will receive $50 in return which is absolutely ridiculous!!

Tuesday morning comes. We reach Grand Turks as promised. The captain gets on the speaker to notify us that the wind is too strong and we will not be able to go to Grand Turks. You can only imagine everyone’s reaction to hearing about a cancellation twice in a row. We were heartbroken. We were livid and didn’t want to believe this was actually happening to us. We took time off work. We scheduled flights. We planned everything extensively. All of our money went to waste and all Carnival wanted to offer us for a second cancellation, was another $50!! They expressed time and time again that it was due to the strong winds that we couldn’t dock, but we all know for sure it didn’t have anything to do with the wind. It was without a doubt, their poorly made engine.

We were stuck on the boat for 4 days and we felt as though we were being treated unfairly. Everyone on the ship absolutely deserves a Free Cruise. The captain made a decision to dock at the nearest location for the next day, which was the Bahama. Thankfully we actually made it there and off the boat...because by this time, no one wanted to believe a word they were saying after being let down 2 times in a row. We were being lied to. They stated that we couldn’t get a refund because it was due to the weather which is out of their control. I spoke with Jen, the director of the ship. She stated that it’s in the fine print of not being able to receive a Refund. I told her I understand that part, but what about the engine?? I asked her is that in fine print too? Because the engine has absolutely nothing to do with us. That is on their part. The engine was suffering due to human error. When I asked her that question, she did not have an answer for it.

The very same day the captain told us we couldn’t dock to Grand Turks due to strong wings, that night, being on the ship felt like a nightmare. I was dozing off in bed when it began to shake tremendously. All the champagne glasses in our room and everything on the counters rattled viciously. I was having a nervous breakdown. I was palpitating because I was fearing for the worst. I just knew we weren’t going to make it home. I was in such distress, it took me forever to fall back to sleep. Once again, this has been the worst cruise experience for me and I would not wish this on anyone. There was many people on the ship cruising for the very first time. My best friend was one of them and I hate that they had to go through this for their first experience. It was very traumatizing.

The last thing I want to mention was how the Director of the ship, Jen, appeared to not have any concerns for the people who simply wanted more out of this horrible situation. Carnival set up a Q & A where all passengers got to meet in the theater and ask any questions they had about what had just occurred with the canceling of our destinations. Jen’s attitude was very unpleasant. She was being sarcastic and nonchalant when it came time for her to answer any questions. I was in shock because this didn’t seem like the same upbeat, lovable person who was dancing, hosting, and entertaining passengers just hours before. Everyone who was onboard Carnival Elation January 11-16 most certainly, deserves a free cruise after what we endured!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

We paid for a 5 day cruise to Mexico from 1/7/20 - 1/11/20 with 2 stops and ended up at sea for 4 days and had one day in Mexico because we had to turn the boat around. We were not compensated even though we didn’t get what we paid for (2 full days in Mexico). We asked guest services what time our excursion starts in Progreso and they told us the wrong time so we completely missed our excursion at the only destination we were able to go to. They ruined both destinations for us both without compensation.

The beds are advertised as king sized but are two twins pushed together without proper sheets and bedding on them, they constantly slip apart and it’s impossible to sleep. The food was terrible and even at the restaurant with a dress code was cold/frozen and tasted disgusting. The water tasted terrible and anything that wasn’t “tap” water cost an arm and a leg. The entertainment was terrible, the dude playing the piano constantly played wrong notes and didn’t know the melodies of songs he said he knew how to play.

When I called support after the cruise they said there was absolutely nothing they could do about compensation and all they could do was file a complaint in the system that no one will ever look at anyways. The people who cleaned rooms would barge in even if a do not disturb sign was on the door. Never go on Carnival...ever.

Carnival Cruise Lines Company Information