Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Travel

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Carnival Cruise Lines Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Our very first trip was wonderful. We were treated extremely well. The food was excellent. The entertainment was great. The staff gave us excellent service day and night. We are already to go back again and soon.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Carnival does not really care for its customers. We seem to be 'in the way' from the food and beverage service to the predictable changes in the cruise schedule due to 'weather' or 'mechanical problems'. Amazingly, each issue shortens their cruise time and saves fuel costs. Amazing how that works...

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Biggest disappointment was the food. I ate the same things from the same venues every day. At least my granddaughter enjoyed the ice cream. Not at all pleased with the entertainment options. Ship was clean and cared for.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Embarkation and debarkation a breeze. Attentive stewards and bar staff. Steak house staff and food beyond fantastic. Plenty for all ages to do without it being crowded! John Heald, ambassador to Carnival, keeps us informed always and a breath of fresh air with his honesty.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I had a marvelous time on my Carnival Cruise. I went to St. Thomas Virgin Island Puerto Rico and we had to bypass the Bahamas due to the Red Sea being rough. I did have motion sickness my first 2 days but eventually, I got with the program. The entertainment was awesome. There were shows and disco dancing, swimming, games an all day and night buffet. The people were great. My room was fantastic. My partner was the love of my life. He has since passed away and I've so far haven't been able to find a worldly man like him. I've been searching but they don't build whole men like him anymore. I was able to take my smoke but had to flush what I didn't smoke because of having to go thru customs on the trip home. We flew to Florida from Maryland. I had an entire new wardrobe and I looked fabulous. You should enjoy Carnival Cruise Lines. I can vouch for them. Safe travels. God speed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

It was my first cruise, and I am ready to go back. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The shows were great, going to Cozumel for the first time was great. Just wished we had more time to spend there. Hope to go back soon.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Our last Cruise was fantastic. It was superb except for one simple thing. They have you removed the trays from the buffet area for carrying your food. My wife and I are getting older, don't move quite as fast and easy, who used to this made it very difficult for us to get our food, silver drinks and find a table.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

My husband and I enjoyed ourselves so much, everyone was super friendly, helpful and accommodating. The onboard food, shopping, entertainment as well as the sites when we would leave the ship. We would definitely do it again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

It was a fun time but after 3 days I just wanted to come home. Younger people will love it but when you are older with people and pets at home you just want to be with them. It was a pleasure going but a relief going home.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Carnival Lines is great if you're just looking for an economical way to cruise. But its entertainment, amenities, service, and ports is so-so compared to some of the other cruise lines like Princess and Celebrity.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Carnival has a lot of drug use onboard. Over a 7 day cruise I repeatedly saw drug sales in the women's restrooms. The bar makes the worst drinks. God-awful. The swimming pools are for older adults or children, no area for preteen or teens to swim.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Great experience, everyone very friendly and attentive. All amenities are excellent! Crew that cleaned the cabin room were nice and on top of any request! The trip was relaxing and both my husband and myself enjoyed our week long anniversary.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I took a Carnival cruise to Key West and Cozumel. The staff was friendly and attentive. I did an on and off trolley tour of Key West. My friend and I loved it. We took the entire trolley ride the first time to see where the stops were and because we were fascinated by the history told by the driver. When we finished the loop we got off and then on the next one which we had stops we decided we wanted to get off at and did. It was perfect. We then set sail to Cozumel. We booked the excursion to Chichen Itza the Mayan Ruins. The guide was wonderful and had a great sense of humor. It included a bagged lunch which wasn't great - but I think that is more on the tour company. There was always something to do on the ship, food was excellent. We are now deciding on the next one. :)

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

The Carnival Cruise we went on was very outdated. The decor was pretty bad, think late 80's. Food was average except in the fine dining - that was great as were the pizzas which were made to order. Spas full of children all day and empty at night, pool was too small for the amount of guests. Adults only pool was at rear of the ship so the smell from the ships stack made it impossible to endure that area at all, made me feel nauseous just walking down there.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I love the different shows offered, but sometimes I want to see both or all of them, and with the times of the shows, it makes it impossible to see all of them because of the start times. This may be hard to coordinate, but it would make the experience that much better!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This was my first cruise 1999. That was a tough year for me. I had just lost my mother. And I was thinking about not going. But my family & friends that was traveling would not let me turn it down. I am so glad that I went. It made my sadness go away. I know that my mom would have encourage me to attend. But I am so glad that I went!! I will never forget this experience. Hoping one day I will go again. Thanks.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I sailed on the Carnival Liberty July 19-22, 2019. Worst ship I have ever experienced. The ship is extremely old and outdated. While walking down the hall, I get dripped on from above by water, almost everywhere I walk the carpet was wet with water, the cleaning is half done. The curtains in the state rooms are old and strained. The shower curtains in the bathroom were old. The carpet in the statement room and around the ship was dirty. The light fixtures were dusty. The air conditioning in the statement room produced minimal air during the day. All of this can lead to health issues. Some of my party did not have air conditioning at all. I will never cruise with them again. The liberty ship should have been retired a long time ago.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I've taken 3 cruises with Carnival. The first cruise was impeccable. Great Food, great service a fun time. The 2nd cruise there was a change in the service, a change in the food quality and taste and even the entertainment. When we took our 3rd cruise, the food was of bad quality and taste, service had gone down and the cost of everything was up. Dry steaks at dinner, too many people crammed at one table and no fun, entertainment at Captains dinner. It had all changed and not for the better.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Several of the excursions had issues but the staff were quick to come up with suitable alternatives. The choices for food seemed endless, entertainment was great and we even won a free cruise playing bingo.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Have been on several (6) Carnival cruises and have thoroughly enjoyed them!!! Our cruise manager, Jason, is wonderful for answering questions, changing rooms, excursions, etc. Love Carnival... the fun cruises!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Nice cruise if you are looking for singles and party time. The cost was a great deal but the guests are noisy and want to party! If you are with family or looking for a quiet experience this may not be the right cruise for you. However if you want to have a raucous time with lots of drinking it would most work. Seemed like a lot of people were hooking up and I did not feel that it was a family friendly atmosphere.

Original review: July 30, 2019

First cruise on Carnival was disappointing and second was better, but still not a lot to do that was appealing to me. The food was very good on both cruises, but enjoyed the second one with a group of friends. Destination was better on first one.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Wonderful organization, shows, activities for all ages, lots of fun. Some shows included audience participation - others encouraged group participation. Teens and under 10 in group thoroughly enjoyed age specific group activities. Adults had shows for all or adults only. Show performers were fantastic. Definitely would travel Carnival again!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I was injured by another passenger in a wheelchair on a Princess cruise. I was confined to my stateroom for 3 days as I could not walk. I was checked on frequently, my meals were delivered on time, Ice pack were provided as needed and everyone I had contact with was helpful and considerate.

Original review: July 29, 2019

They ran a 2 for 1 offer in 2009. I was unable to go, they wouldn't return my money and 11 years later I'm still getting harassing phone calls. I filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General and they keep selling my information. They are the worst company I've ever dealt with.

Original review: July 29, 2019

We were on the horizon. The seating for the stage shows was not enough to accommodate all the guests, other than that issue, the cruise went extremely good despite a little hurricane. Food was great. Service was great.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I have been on three cruises with Carnival and for the most part it is a good value and experience. They try to entertain you and allow casino fun for those that wish and some fun shore trips if a bit overpriced. The experience is good and the food is good as well. The problem is when it is time to go you are treated like animals! You have to exit the room with your things and wait standing in crowded hallways for an hour or more until you can finally leave the ship. This is especially hard if you have a large group to keep up with or young children that don't wait well.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I've only been on three cruise lines but I've have to give it to Carnival. Everything from boarding, making any kind of changes and the food was great. I had no complaints and I was on a older ship.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I went on a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico for my honeymoon in January 2017. One of the main things that sticks out was the fact that I was served mold covered cheesecake. The whole slice had white fuzzy mold all over it. It looked like it was cut weeks ago and sat open in a refrigerator. Second is the fact that in order to have a good time I would highly suggest to add on your excursion as early as possible. We waited too long and could not get the excursion we had wanted. Overall the room was clean and bigger than I thought. I wish there were more activities on the ship during the travel days, and fresh food! I didn't order "blue-cheese" cake!

Original review: July 28, 2019

Embarkation - We arrive around 12:30 pm and there was no waiting. The ship's crew always go above and beyond for all guest on the ship. The dining staff, stewards, entertainment staff, hosts, directors, and everyone on board is there were great. We pre-paid the tips but tip our room attendant extra as well as our dinner waiter. Food was better than expected for a cruise type of food. We enjoyed the Guy's burgers and the Mexican grill. All in all it was worth the money, the 12 in this year's party will be going back next year but not in May because it is too cold.

Carnival Cruise Lines Company Information