2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.74/5

Carnival Cruise Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

Original review: June 29, 2020

It took an hour to get a refund on a cruise that was cancelled. Theresa was phenomenal almost embarrassed by how the company is running their refund policy after the cruise line has cancelled their cruises. I had to wait 30 mins to get "approval" to waive fees? Why? Does their company know they cancelled the cruise? Why would implement a system in which takes the precious time of your customers who had their vacations cancelled to get fees returned? Whomever the executive to said okay to this isn't your brightest contributor to the company and should be placed on the phones with the customers who are waiting for their money back.

I then had to be sent to promotions office for another 20min wait to get a refund for another cabin I had booked. I spoke with Tiffant in the promotions department who lacks customer service and should not be placed in the role she currently has. She had the audacity to tell me everyone waits 50mins to get service. Really? I would think the cancellation/refunding process would have a much better approach if you want your cruise base to come back once the ships start sailing again.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Our cruise was canceled due to Covid 19. We canceled the cruise on March 28th, and still haven't gotten all of our refund. It's now June 26th. Follow up calls have been dropped by them or not returned. On one occasion, the Fun Shops representative gave us a false call back number and a false extension, making it impossible to contact her again. I've spent hours on the phone with Carnival trying to resolve these issues, but to no avail. I have emailed Guest Care three times, but no response yet. Suffice it to say this experience working with Carnival has been disappointing at best.

Original review: May 27, 2020

My husband and I cruise every single year since 2012 and have only had a bad experience once prior to this year. This year I am highly upset! Last week we were to be on our cruise for this year, but because of Covid 19 we had to reschedule with the family for 2021. I had an offer of free drinks and money & was going to use it. Now all 6 members get that offer but me & Carnival won't let me use it for next time. I am the one who has spent the most money at the casino without winning and went on the most cruises. Carnival has received more of my hard earn cash than any family member that will be going next year. This is not fair! If it wasn't for my husband wanting to go back to Carnival I would have taken my business elsewhere. The casino/Carnival WILL NOT get any more of my cash unless the fix the issue that was caused NOT BY ME. I am still debating on not going on the cruise for next year and take my business to another cruise liner.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I cancelled my cruise on March 20th 60 days ago. I have not received my refund yet after several email inquiries with no response. Today I called and was told it was cancelled on May 15 and will take up to 60 days to be refunded! When I said that isn’t right and when I paid it came out the next day. I told them I wouldn’t be using this company anymore after this and he replied “okay“. That was the kind of customer care I got and there is absolutely no reason to change my cancellation from March to May. I’m livid!

Original review: April 29, 2020

What a joke. My cruise was canceled by Carnival due to coronavirus. They sent an email on 3/30 indicating I could take a 100% refund. I initiated that transaction. After NUMEROUS calls and emails (with very few responses except automatic, generic "we appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times..."), still no refund of my $2,528.56. I was able to request a dispute for part of that money since my last down payment was within 60 days. Anything later than that, I can't file a dispute with the bank. My bank did process the chargeback for my dispute for the partial amount (of which Carnival now owes my bank). Carnival said it could take up to 90 days to see the refund. They are holding on to customers' money for the interest and for their own self-preservation. Despicable, shady business. I will never travel Carnival again.

If you compare other lines, such as Royal Caribbean, they have such better accommodations, activities, and scenery that it will be worth the slight cost increase. Never again will I travel Carnival because they have just proved to me they don't give a crap about the little people who are also suffering from the effects of coronavirus, not to mention it is OUR money they are holding. They canceled the cruise; give me my money, Carnival! It's funny too because the airline I booked for this cruise refunded my full airfare in 5 business days. My bank completed the chargeback in 2 days. Why does it take Carnival 90? As I said, self-preservation. Despicable!!!! People could be losing their houses or running out of food for their children, and Carnival does not care.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I’m very understanding of the Pandemic right now & our Cruise being cancelled. What’s very disturbing to me is you’ve Stopped our Travel Agents from returning our money & we’re being told that it can take up to 90 days if not longer before Carnival refunds our money. That’s over 2,200 of my money you're holding & collecting interest on. If we add that to the thousands if not millions of other customers you're doing that too... Just WOW???? DOES’NT seem like your REALLY LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS BUT FOR YOURSELVES! Let’s take it a bit further, one of the many representatives of yours that I’ve spoken to told me that there’s no one working in that department so that’s why it’s taking so long, HOWEVER, funny to NOTE... They're steady sending out SPECIAL DEALS & BOOKING CRUISES ON THE DAILY!!!! So, ask yourself... WHO ARE THEY LOOKING OUT FOR??? Shame on you Carnival! I’m very disappointed????

Original review: April 20, 2020

During these uncertain COVID-19 times, companies should be working hard to retain customers. Our experience with Carnival's customer service showed that this was not the priority of the woman helping us. She was rude and condescending as she tracked down where our money ended up after we cancelled our summer cruise. Customer service 101 is empathy. A simple, "That is frustrating. Let's figure this out" goes a long way. Please work on training your customer support employees, Carnival. We will likely not book with them once we reschedule our anniversary cruise.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Carnival canceled our cruise, due to COVID-19 pandemic, we were told we'd receive a refund but it could be up to 90 days before we'd have the funds returned. Unlike previous cancellations. Poor financial practices.

Original review: April 12, 2020

We were supposed to sail 4/20. Since it was canceled Carnival is giving me a hard time about my $1131 refund and can't give me any info about my refund. They are holding people's money for no reason!!!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I went on a Carnival Cruise line in 2018 with family and friends to celebrate my 60th birthday, We had smaller children with us and I love the fact that they had a lot of activities for the little ones. I've only been on Carnival and every time I start thinking about others, I get the response, "do you want to have fun, or do you just want to relax." Well, I want both, so I end up going back to Carnival because there's lots of fun and I can relax if I want.

Carnival Cruise Lines Company Information