2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.77/5

Carnival Cruise Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Carnival Cruise Lines has been the best experience I have had in my life. Entertainment, food, ports visited, were the best for me. Better than Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My first cruise was on Carnival. I was so in awe of everything! Everyone was so nice and helpful. I felt like I was in a dream! The first cruise is the very best!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We enjoyed our cruise with Carnival out of Tampa. Our cabin was clean and comfortable. Our attendants were professional, but fun. The food was delicious and plentiful. Some of the off ship excursing were excellent, but some misrepresented themselves. And the on board show were fair to mediocre. If Disney is a ten then Carnival is a 7 1/2.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Carnival is low budget quality and food quality not good. They try hard but do not succeed. I don’t feel I should be made to tip someone just because they say so, it should be my choice who I tip.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Ship was very clean and the service was exceptional. Entertainment was appropriate for the elderly and about 30 pre-teens. Staff was very helpful with the pre-teens and believe me 11 and 12 years old can eat a lot of ice-cream.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Carnival ruined cruises, I will never take another cruise again. The people who work for Carnival are foreigners and just plain rude. The food was not very good. We ordered room service (sandwich) best meal we had. Heavy pours of liquor in the morning hours, no liquor in drinks in the afternoon. Room was clean, but ship was filthy, trash and empty cups blowing all around the deck, urine all over the floors in the restrooms. Pool was nasty and the decor was like going back in the 70's. Overall bad experience, will never take another cruise with any carrier because how bad Carnival was, would rather fly to my next destination.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The cruise as advertised was overrated. The food was not quite as good as expected. The room was smaller than expected and the bathroom wasn’t cleaned well.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

For persons with disabilities there was no assistance, wait on long lines to be cleared and get to cabin. No accommodations for the disabled to linger too and locate shows, activities were geared for persons who ambulated without assistance. Getting on and off Ports was horrible again for the disabled. I was really disappointed, enjoyed being at sea, but when staff was asked for assistance, they looked at you as though you had “four heads.”

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Our family of 7 just got back from Carnival Vista Cruise on 8/25/18. It was a nightmare from day 1. They claim to be family friendly but toddlers are not allowed in any water activities. We were forced to stay indoors due to the heat. They don’t tell you that the little ones aren’t allowed to run through the sprinklers to cool off while enjoying any activities on deck. All they would say is “we do not accommodate the young kids”. That’s great, why not say anything when I called with questions a few times about the toddlers. They pay full price for NOTHING. They don’t eat much so what are paying for exactly? We felt stuck and robbed. Yes I could’ve dropped them off at the camp so that we could enjoy ourselves but this wasn’t about one or two having fun, this was supposed to be a “family” vacation.

Lots of people say, "Why bring children on a cruise?" Simple, because it’s advertised as family friendly. We didn’t book an adult only cruise for a reason. Room service menu had a minimal selection and they charge for early or late beverages. Buffet meals barely changed daily. This wasn’t our first cruise but it was our first CARNIVAL cruise. (And last.) There were other minor annoyances but these were the ones that disappointed us the most. Their staff were friendly and very polite.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Learning you have cancer. I booked my cruise in January 2018 and at that time I was very healthy. In April I was diagnosed with stage III lung cancer. July 7 I had my complete right lung removed and now going through chemotherapy and then I will do radiation. I canceled my trip September 7, 2018. I emailed them a doctor's note on the extent of my illness and they feel I don’t deserve a complete refund since I don’t know how much time I have and if I make it through all the chemo and radiation. Instead they give me a credit for another Cruise good till 2020. I called them on this and explained I gave them all the information and I’m very sick right now and they said which just upset me terribly but I could give it to anybody I want to - the cruise credit.

I’m talking about my life and they’re talking about giving my credit to somebody else. Shame on them. If I survive all this I will never cruise with Carnival again and I hope other people learn from this experience. There are exceptions to every rule and keeping customers happy is the number one factor. What’s your thoughts. I need feedback.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

It was amazing! This was our first cruise for my husband and me, and we can't wait to go again. We're planning our next destination with more family members to be in attendance.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Wonderful experience packed into seven days of relaxing, entertaining and fun filled activities. It addictive that a repeat trip is on the agenda. It is hard to imagine not going back.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The cruise was not too bad but onboard things were overpriced. I had to pay to use the internet to book travel pass to get home. Got a better deal off ship doing it myself rather than depending on the ship. Everything the ship offer was high-priced.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Carnival was great! Food was delicious! Lots to do on ship. Very good shows each night. Wonderful excursion options, although pricey. Best vacation ever!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was with my family members of about 40 people. There was always an activity... Great sites upon landing. The crew attendants were always super nice. I only wished my room was higher. Due to finances me and my daughter were at sea level. Besides the feeling of the waves at night we had an extraordinary time.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The ship I was on needed renovating. I had a room with a window. The bed was comfortable but it really needed updating. It was a cruise out of New Orleans, LA.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Carnival exceeded my expectations. Cruise director Alex was great. So many dining options, spectacular shows, and great service. I recommend a balcony on all cruises over 5 days.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I loved most of the cruise. The only thing I didn’t like was my room. We were on our honeymoon and the travel agent didn’t tell me that it was bunk beds in that room. I was disappointed!!! The trip was great though!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Overcrowded. Wanted too much for tips. They wanted to sell art and jewelry. Nothing much to do on the ship, lots of mediocre food. Pool and water slide jam packed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Overall the trip of a lifetime. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we wanted, the room service was so fast like they were already standing outside the room with our food. I just couldn't ask for anything more.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Carnival Cruise, the Victory ship is the first cruise for me and I really enjoyed it. My only issue was that on day 2 there was issues with the toilet being stopped up and I believe everyone on my row has the same problem. Also guest services on the ship was HORRIBLE! Other than that I have a great trip and looking forward to doing it again!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Buffets were horrible, not enough drink choices, customer service wasn't good. They weren't very helpful at all. The dinners were good. Over all not a good experience. The food also smelled bad. The bacon was freezer burned.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Not impressed at all. Not that good. Not too much to do for teenager. Pool very small. Won’t go on a cruise again. Shows were not impressive and room was really small.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We booked a Carnival Cruise for Port of Mobile Alabama to Bahamas back in September 2017 to go with my brother, Retired Light Colonel, Kirk ** the November 3, 2018. We paid $1, 250 as a deposit. We were at first going with our children. My brother passed away in February of 2018. I called in June the Travelocity site to cancel the children's reservations. They did and said, "Now you owe $150," which we paid.

After purchasing excursions for our cruise over the last few months, about $600 and the rest of the cruise for a total $1, 575.00 that the Carnival Cruise line out of Port of Mobile, Alabama has canceled our room and gave us a reimbursement for some of the excursions I have already paid for. I spent half the day talking on the phone to Travelocity representative who did nothing, and Carnival Cruises, who did nothing.

This was their responses "We didn't do it!" "It is not our fault!" "You now owe a service fee of $500, if you want to go that is. Do you want to go?" "You now owe $500 more for the children's cancellation, if you want to go." or "If you want your room back you'll have to pay this fee or, you don't go." "We will not reimburse you because it's not our fault" "Do you want your room back?"

My husband got very angry as I was held on hold for hours and hours, only to be told the above stories which are lies. The supervisor then said after 4 hours... "You know I WAS going to do something for you, but now I am not", and so did the other supervisors that I called. You know we were going to do something after 4 hours, but now we are not. I suspect they were never going to do anything from the very beginning, unless I paid a fee I should not have owed. If they were going to do something, it would of been accomplished after the first phone call, and I would not have been heckled to pay $5oo more.

We deserve our money back and the Carnival Cruise Lines/Travelocity Con Artist Act and Ponzi scheme should not be servicing the Port of Mobile. I have read a serious amount of very sad, consumer reviews of those who were ripped off for no services, and had a hellish vacation with extraneous fees and paying double for excursions or having none at all. I wish I had read them last year. This is a total disgrace. I was reimbursed $403.08. I paid $1575.03. I was not reimbursed for $160.08 of excursion fees that we can't take. So, the total amount of $1, 232.11 is still owed to us.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I booked a cruise on Travelocity from Mobile, Alabama to Bahamas last year on 9/08/2017 with my husband, brother in law and his wife. I paid $1,250 and had partial payment due as I was bringing my 3 children. My brother died, and so in June, I called Travelocity to have the children taken off the cruise. The woman was pleasant and said that we'd only have $149 left to pay, which we did. Over the past two months, we have been booking excursions. Yesterday, I looked at my Carnival account and could not book anything as... Carnival canceled our reservations. I called Travelocity, and spend half the day, yes half of Saturday on the phone with either Carnival or Travelocity. First, Travelocity representative said we owed a penalty for not taking the kids, which was not true. I had taken care of it in June, where we'd (seemingly) had no problem or penalty. If that weren't bad enough, now we have no room on the cruise.

Long story short, it seems that Carnival and Travelocity are overbooking and then not giving the money back. I am owed $1,172, as they gave us back a whopping $403.08. A total Ponzi scheme. I will NEVER use Travelocity or Carnival again as I have in the past. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. Both websites give family vacations a bad name. The customer service is very obnoxious, and enjoys ripping people off, with laughter going on in the background over their customer's frustrations.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I went on the Paradise May 18th 2018 and the first day I fell and broke my temporal bone and shifted my brain 5.8 ml. We were only 30 minutes out of port and they didn’t even have the coast guard come for me. Instead they wanted to drop me off in Cozumel the next day and thank God they couldn’t find my passport. I was also the very last person off the ship and they didn’t even have an ambulance there for me. Thank God my boyfriend was there to meet me in Tampa and he rushed me to ORMC where I spent 8 days in ICU. They ** suck and have done nothing for me.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I went to the Bahamas... so relaxing, enjoyed the entertainment. THE BUFFET. THE SHIP WAS SMOOTH SAILING. THE EMPLOYEES COULDN'T BE NICER AND THE BAHAMAS Police so helpful in our travels.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Carnival offers a good product at a lower cost than other lines. Their 24 hour pizza is the best at sea! Quality of entertainment is a 4 or 4.5 with good variety for all. Main dining room service is a little substandard compared to other lines, it appears that just when you want your iced tea refilled the dining waiter or assistant is off dancing. The food is probably rated at a 3.5. In all, it is a fun and creative atmosphere on the ships.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

It really is a “party” ship. Our dining experience was ruined by a man so inebriated he couldn’t walk. His brother apologized for him but it really didn't help. The food was excellent. The staff friendly and very helpful. This ship was for young folks wanting to drink and party.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

The cruise was nice, but it included freeport? Was a dumpy place. Other than that, we enjoyed ourselves. We liked all the pools and being able to eat all day. The food was excellent.

Carnival Cruise Lines Company Information