Carnival Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Carnival told me if I fly to Ocho Rio, I can board the cruise in Ocho Rio. The ship never sailed due to mechanical problems/weather conditions that I was never informed. I'd to find out by the nice bar owner that's next door to the Port Sandra. I'd to pay for a cab to get to a hotel for 2 nights. Thanks to Sandra help. I'd to pay for my food. I'd to borrow the money $373.00 to fly back to RI. I'd love to thank the people @ Marine Hotel in Ocho Rio for comforting me, keeping me safe. I was sooo emotionally distress, highly upset! I'd to buy call cards to call my husband. I've lost a lot of sleep, money. I'm highly upset with Carnival.

I'm truly looking for a future credit cruise, my refund for my flight back, my hotel stay, my taxi fees. Instead of sailing back on the Carnival Sensation. I'd to pay all out of my pocket. I've traveled with Carnival for about 10 cruises within the last 5 years. It's not my fault that the guy killed several people @ the airport, it's not my fault the weather was bad in Ocho Rio. I'm truly hoping that Carnival Cruise Line takes this in consideration of my refund, future cruise, my onboard credit for $50.00. I'd to stay out of work for two days after getting off the plane back to RI due to emotionally distress! Please contact me asap.

Hello Carnival, I must say you have greatly disappointed me. I was expecting to cruise out in one week in on the Carnival Magic in one of your cloud 9 suites however when I went to print out my ticket today, I find out I am just in a standard room. I called and spoke to your customer service reps, and what was their solution?? A bottle of wine or $50 on board voucher (Thanks Karen, but we already paid for the inclusive drinks).

Are you kidding me? Almost $3,000 spent on a cruise with you and that's the best you can do??!! Do you even care about your customers? Do you care that when we were selecting rooms and called to speak to YOUR customer service reps they told us this room was a suite??? Do you care that your website is so misleading that if you look up cloud 9 rooms it's under suites?? No, I was told just how much you care. 2 hours on the phone and nothing was done to take care of us. Word to the wise, if you are brave enough to book with Carnival be sure to look at all the fine print. We wish we had false advertising all over the place!

I was on board Carnival Pride (Dec.26th-Jan. 2nd, Carnival Booking: **). I would like to speak to someone personally about my experience. Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I were not satisfied with our vacation and time on board. There are a few things we would like to bring to your attention in hopes of getting resolved in a timely manner.

First off, we were extremely dissatisfied with the price we paid, and what we received for that high amount. Our balcony room was extremely outdated with stains on our carpet, and an extremely old bathroom. The smell in the bathroom was just intolerable from the minute we walked in. When spending this of money (on what we anticipated was going to be a nice vacation) is extremely disappointing. We wanted to give the cruise line a chance, but in reality we could have vacationed at a very nice resort for the amount we paid.

Second, we both purchased the bottomless bubbles package, and it too was dissatisfying. When we went up the bars to order a drink, they would pour the remainder of a half empty can in our glasses. Lo and behold those cans must have been sitting there opened for a while, and now were flat. We paid to drink, opened/stale soda? It was unprofessionally handled. At the dining hall we never once were asked if we would like a beverage to drink. If we needed a beverage we had to get the servers' attention. Once our drink was received, we then were never asked for refills. I feel that this package was a scam, and the opportunities to drink soda were not properly handled.

Third, before boarding the cruise, we saw that the price for this cruise (same room and package) drastically dropped numerous times. However, every time we called in for a price adjustment, it was never granted to us. It is extremely sad that we paid the price we did, and never received a refund (when we had proof from the website). And now after being home, knowing the experience we had, it's even more horrible that this amount of money went down the drain. Way over-priced, we could've stayed at a beautiful resort instead. Customer service even admitted that the prices dropped a lot, but wouldn't do anything. Extremely dishonest.

I truly hope that Carnival takes proper attention to this e-mail, and accommodates us. At this moment, we have not recommended this ship nor cruise line to anybody else. Our experience was not to par, and the service/and hospitality (quality of our stateroom & bathroom) was horrendous. Nobody should pay large amounts to stay in facilities like these. Please let me know what can be done about this situation. Sincerely, Concerned guest.

We took 3 days Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Liberty. During pre-registration process Carnival websites insist on attaching every family member to a credit card for on board charges. It clearly states that minor (younger than 18) will not be able to use unless the card is activated by an adult. However, the card was activated automatically when we boarded. My 10 year old was able to charge for several things (in fact, she shared with friends as well). She thought we had pre-loaded the card for her to use.

When I complained to on-board guest service, they told me they can't do anything as it was already activated before we boarded. However, the guest service person (Jelena) confirmed that cards are supposed to be inactive for minors. She requested me to talk to carnival customer service after we are back. When I called Carnival customer service, they told me I should have inactivated the card after boarding the ship. :( This is clearly deceptive. The pre-registration process misleads you in believing that you are required to give credit card but minor won't be able to use it. However, they activate the card by default and expect guests to somehow know that cards have been activated.

This was our first cruise, 3 days to the Bahamas. We live in Indiana, so after a 16 hour drive one way, we were more than excited for vacation! Day of Port, we get off the ship and go to the camera man for our snorkel trip! We had recently found the love of snorkeling, and couldn't wait! We get on the 100 passenger boat, only for it to go horribly wrong. There are only enough seats for about half the people, the rest have to sit on the nets. Not a big deal. I thought it would be an great experience. We get to the edge of the bay, large waves starting overtaking the boat, we were being thrown up in the air, and submerged under water several times. I'm not talking about being splashed with water, at least 2 ft of water was coming up over us, and onto the main boat (reported by the passengers on the boat). They were thrown from their seats and knocked around. The crew lost control of the boat, and nearly hit the rocks.

I have never been scared of the water, nor felt like I would drown until this past Saturday. No one on the boat said sorry. They dropped us off at the back of a building, not in the bay where the water was calm, and where we got on. The boat was being thrown around from the waves, and we were to cross a metal unsecured walkway onto the block wall. All of this happened in about 20 minutes. And since this was supposed to be an awesome excursion, we had our go pro on and recorded the whole thing. We got back to the ship and NO ONE at Carnival cared, offered to help or anything. They refunded our excursion ONLY because we didn't get to actually snorkel. So we now have lost an hour of our 7 hours at port. We had to wait in line at customer service, and go change clothes and shower (who wants to walk around soaking wet) adding another hour lost at port.

We get back home and called customer care this morning. No one cared there either that we nearly drowned, our day at port was ruined, the vacation we have saved for was ruined. Nor did they care we were traumatized and they definitely didn't care that we were bruised, scratched up and our cell phones were ruined. We have all of this on video, and will be posting it on the internet. They offered me a 15% discount for a future cruise. Why would I want to pay another $2000 to be almost drowned, and no one even care?! I don't expect a full refund. We enjoyed the other 2 days on the ship. I mean I get a 30% discount at Kohl's for pete's sake and all they could offer was a 15% discount on a future cruise!! Several people on the ship who have cruised several times said they couldn't believe they even attempted the trip. Anyone familiar with the water should have known better and cancelled it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

I recently finished a cruise on the Carnival Sensation from December 19th to December 24th from the Port of Miami. My booking number was ** and the other cabin on our booking was ** under Michael **. I am a repeat customer of Carnival, and decided this time to cruise with Carnival again bringing my fiancé and Michael ** fiance for their first cruises ever. This letter serves to address an extremely disappointing issue that was dealt with very poorly by the Carnival staff regarding our excursion reservations.

Prior to the cruise and with plenty of time, I booked an excursion for 4 people in the Amber Cove port called VIP Catamaran to Cayo Arena with Lunch for $105 per person that included drinks, snorkeling, a catamaran ride and a private island to go to. The night before arriving in Amber Cove at about 8:15 PM, a green cancellation notice was left under our doors letting us know that the excursion was cancelled because the minimum number of participants was not met. We did not even plan an excursion for the Grand Turks and Caicos port which we had been to earlier on the trip because the excursion in Amber Cove was booked. We were extremely upset at how little notice we were given with this cancellation.

We went down to the shore excursions desk to find that they were closed and only guest services could provide us with limited information. We went to guest services to speak with Cesar about booking another excursion called the Amazing Ultimate Adventure with Lunch for $110 which included a mega truck ride, zip lining, horseback riding in the ocean and lunch. He told us it was booked which made it extremely upsetting because the reason why we booked early in the first place was to avoid complications like this. He offered us alternatives like only ATV riding or only zip lining which came out to $80-$95 and felt unfair because for $110, 3 different activities were included versus paying so much for only 1.

I told him how unfair the situation was to us and asked if some sort of credit could be given towards another excursion for the major inconvenience we were dealt with, considering that $80-$90 for a single activity was not fair because the other excursion was booked and out of our hands to obtain. He said he could be of no further assistance and told us to come to the shore excursions desk the morning of arriving in Amber Cove by 7:30 AM. Our party was extremely upset that not even a credit could be given to us for an inconvenience that was out of our control. At the end of the day, it is Carnival who could not meet the minimum requirements, not us the consumer.

The following morning at 7:30 AM we met Andrea at the shore excursions desk to figure out a solution to our problem and once again nothing was done. We could not find a way to get into the booked Amazing Ultimate Adventure with Lunch excursion and she would not give any sort of credit towards any other excursions. Andrea told us that the VIP Catamaran to Cayo Arena with Lunch excursion needed a minimum of 40 guests and that only 6-7 people had reserved it.

My MAIN issue with Carnival is that KNOWING that only 6-7 people were booked (and 4 were from our party) out of a 40-person minimum, Carnival should have been able to notify us ahead of time to let us know that a high probability of cancellation would occur. This would have given us plenty of time to change our excursion and avoid a mess like this. Instead, we were notified the night before at 8:15 PM, the shore excursions desk was closed, and ultimately nothing by Carnival was done to remedy the situation.

The reason why we booked in advance was to avoid last minute surprises and that is exactly what we got. Had we known this would be the case, we could have booked an excursion in Grand Turks & Caicos. Andrea told us she would not give us any sort of credit for another excursion which only made us all very upset. Neither Cesar or Andrea offered to call management to find a solution to our problem and basically told us it is what it is. We ended up booking an ATV ride for $95 per person that did not include any lunch, drinks, etc. because of the limited options we were given.

As a repeat customer, I can say that this experience left a sour taste in my mouth and I will probably not be cruising with Carnival anymore. My fiancé and Michael ** fiancé had never been on a cruise before, and this experience as well was not a pleasant one for them to experience. It is sad that so little was done by carnival staff to remedy a situation that was ultimately caused by Carnivals lack of ability to fill an excursion. I do fully understand that the disclaimer states that Carnival has the right to cancel an excursion due to minimum requirements, BUT after learning that only 6-7 people were booked on a 40-person minimum by Andrea, Carnival SHOULD have contacted us with much more notice knowing that there was such a high probability of a cancellation occurring.

This is something that could have been avoided and the customer ended up biting the bullet. The bottom line is that we didn’t book in Grand Turks because we had booked in advance for Amber Cove, but because of these last minute surprises, not only were we not able to book in Grand Turks, but we ended up doing an excursion in Amber Cove that we didn’t originally want. It was beyond upsetting to see that after the amount of money we had spent to enjoy our cruise, such little effort was put into making the situation right. I would very much appreciate for someone to take the time to understand the inconvenience we were put through and contact me.

6 plus weeks - and still no refund of the funds taken by Carnival under false pretenses. Assured and apologized to by over a dozen people, Quinton of Guest Solutions, says he's the highest authority at their call center, told me that many other people also have had funds misappropriated but they are "working on it". 6 weeks of promises and lies. Now they're stonewalling me - "You'll be notified"... So, here's what this first time cruiser and last time Carnival Cruiser has learned. #1 - NEVER buy a gift card for Carnival. They only are honored sometimes. #2 - Customer service is authorized to say "We're sorry you feel that way" but to do absolutely nothing.

Rudest person I have ever encountered. My call was "outsourced" to some moron sounded like the call was being answered in a house as I could hear a tv or radio in the background. I spoke to agent Danny ** in the Miramar/Miami office. When I asked a question about travel times to a certain location he laughed at me as if I were stupid. As a person who has NEVER cruised before I was not familiar as to travel. I think it is horrible that Carnival would hire people who would mock and make fun of their customers. I will NEVER use Carnival again and will not recommend them to anyone.

I have been a past cruiser with Carnival cruising about 10 times. I have never had a bad experience until this past cruise (Which never happened). Our cruise was canceled at the last minute, the evening prior to when it was going to set sail. We received a letter stating that we would get our money back that was spent on the cruise and a credit towards another cruise. The letter is very vague and the customer service reps know it. I think they are hoping no one adds it all up and takes the time to check all the credits. The short version is it has taken 4 phone calls to Carnival holding for of an hour trying to get all the credits issued back to my credit card. To this date which is over a month since the cruise has not happened I still have not received all my money back.

They also tell me the insurance is not refundable even though they canceled the cruise. Not to mention we never got our carnival vacation when we were scheduled to be off of work and had drove 4 hours the night before. When re-booking my friend received a $50 on board credit for the exact same room and we booked on the same day. I asked why I did not receive that same credit and was told by a customer service manager that she would give me the $50 on board credit since I was displeased how they have handled the refunds and that the insurance is not refundable ($158.00). Mind you that we did not use the insurance and the cruise never took place since Carnival canceled it. That was now a week ago and I still don't have a credit to my account.

I supposedly was speaking to a high level customer service manager. She was very nice on the phone and even seemed condescending now since she did not deliver what she promised. Nor are all my monies spent up front been credited back to my card. I have since then read all the fine print on the cruise contract and if you take the time to read it you probably would not want to go. I am not one to complain or write a review but they just keep adding salt to the wound with the way they are treating their customers. Texas has other cruise lines to choose from and I will try a different one next time.

I've never had an interest in taking a cruise and I wish I never had. My husband has been on 2 previous cruises (10 years ago) and said I should give it a try. The lines are horrible for everything - arriving, eating, grabbing a snack or coffee, any activity, leaving the port and getting home were the worst. Be prepared to spend the majority of your precious vacation time in a crowded line of annoying folks. Yes, I expected some wait time but this was really ridiculous. The rooms do not look anything like the pictures. The bathrooms are gross. The shower floods and space is extremely limited. You can hear everything that goes on around you so little chance of getting a good night's rest. The first night we encountered some really rough weather and a lot of people were very nervous (Including myself). The captain nor any of the staff ever offered an explanation or any comfort. My husband and I both wanted off this cruise the first night.

It's obvious Carnival is just a money hungry business that treats everyone like a herd of cattle. This was the farthest thing from a relaxing vacation. I would much rather fly to a destination and avoid the majority of these stressful situations. This ship was below average. Food was good - not great. They need to spruce up the cabins and hire more staff to accommodate the guests. Never again!

This will be my 5th Carnival Cruise. I haven't even left yet and I am so angry!!! I made payments and tried to submit my final payment Friday night. Online payments that have gone through with no problem at all in the past using the same card failed that night. I tried a total of 3 times and got an error that there was a problem with the billing address. I verified the billing address in detail twice after the first payment failed. I called Customer Service who processed my payment successfully. On Saturday, when I looked at my bank account, there were 4 transactions pending in my account. Nearly $1,500 worth of failed transactions actually came out of my checking account. I have a 4 digit negative balance and had to borrow money to buy food and gas until this is all rectified. Bank says it's Carnival's fault, Carnival says it the bank's fault and I'm just screwed.

Fun: We enjoy on time dining - no waiting for hours to get fed. Excellent. Very cost effective. The shows have increasingly gotten better. You can either plan your day or just go with the flow, either way it is great. Been cruising with Royal Caribbean but have changed to Carnival. More bang for the buck. With Carnival it was more casual and our time was less controlled.

My sister and I booked a cruise on the Carnival Valor for March. We eagerly waited for the date to approach, booked spa days etc., until one day I wasn't able to get in to my reservation. Carnival had locked all the reservations because they had decided to switch our ship with a ship that was having trouble making "long trips" that was currently in Galveston. This ship would be dry docked for a while, then they were gonna see how it was working on our trip to the Bahamas. Oh boy... I contacted Carnival to get a refund. No, that would not be happening. With their bait and switch, even though it was no fault of ours, I was told that they would be keeping our $200 deposit. Of course we could use that toward future cruises on Carnival if we were interested in having another vacation ruined. We're going to pass and I wanted to warn anyone considering booking with this fraudulent company, so that they aren't duped like we were.

I have been a Carnival loyal customer for years, recently just came back from my worse experience ever! I have never make any complaints or reviews of any kind, but this time I'm so disappointed and upset that I needed to say something! First of all the customer service is horrible, they seem not to care about their customers! No apologies at all. On the Carnival "Paradise" I booked a room for 3 people. When I got to the room, it had 2 beds and a thin "mattress" on the floor as a 3rd bed?? I went to customer service to see if it was some kind of mistake or if they haven't finished with the room. I was told by the customer service that I was given a trundle bed as a 3rd bed, and I know was a trundle bed and that wasn't a trundle bed. That was a thin "mattress " in a corner of the room. Basically we all 3 paid the same price and one of us had to sleep in the floor. That thing called mattress didn't even had a comforter.

I ask on customer service if there was something they can do to make it better and I was told that sorry but that's the way it was it that cruise. I was so embarrassed with my friends since it was my idea to get this cruise before Christmas. We couldn't even be in the room because everything was so tight. We ended up putting the 2 beds together to get a little more space in the room at least to walk. I just came back from the cruise and called the main line customer service and the person there said that since the cruise already passed they can't do anything about it and that if I had anything else they can help me with? In other words my experience made no difference to them, so basically it was like too bad. The worse customer service experience ever during and after the cruise. I am very disappointed of Carnival Cruise Lines and is going to take a long time to get over this horrible experience.

We had a great time on the ship. Everything was lovely. Expensive. We were on schedule. The cruise was fun, I didn't care much for the sights when we went in to port. I enjoyed the food and the activities on board. All the crew members were very nice and willing to help. Would like to go back again and take my granddaughter after I recover from breast cancer.

I have been on several, only issue I have is the food could be more -cruise like-. It was plentiful, but not the caliber of Norwegian cruise lines. Almost perfect great entertainment. You get what you pay for, I paid for the entertainment. First visit is always a great time, never went to a place I would repeat a cruise for. For a great dining experience go Norwegian. If it's entertainment try you want go carnival. Boarding departing all the same on the two lines I went on. Staff was good on both. I didn't get sick on either Cruise line. My first and latest cruise was Norwegian.

I have been on Carnival over 10 times now and until recently never had a complaint. On My last 3 cruises We experienced the following with no refunds/apologizes given by customer care (Yeah Right! Customer no care is more like it!). My wife and I with 10 other passengers were trapped in a hot non-vented elevator for over 30 min. I had to call the emergency number 5 times then had to tell them I would be breaking out the glass to get some air for an asthmatic and panicking Woman in the same elevator. When the door opened no one even asked if that Woman was ok even though She had turned white.

Room Bathroom had backed up with sewage on the floor. It took calling security emergency line to get someone to fix the problem. They unstopped the commode but left the sewage on the floor. I slipped on the sewage when I went to go to the shower. No one cared in customer service and the "NO REFUND UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" kicked in like skilfully dishonest lawyers would hide behind. Gambling winnings NEVER sent to the customer after the cruise after 5 calls and guarantees they would be mailed 15 days after the cruise. It's now been a year.

ALL rooms not available when boarding with NO time frame to get the rooms available. Just herded like cattle to a small portion of the ship or told to go eat with a 3 hr line because that's where most passengers had to go. Not having any place for elderly passengers to sit waiting for their rooms and continually boarding people and placing them in a small space. Treating passengers like terrorists who decided to depart the ship when they didn't want to be subjected to the horrible conditions for a 6 day cruise even though I identified Myself as a Coast guard member they still posted a security officer right beside us. There are more complaints but We will never cruise Carnival due to safety concerns and that emergency situations are NOT addressed immediately so I just don't feel safe with this Company's lack of safety concerned and lack of security (Ie a 30 min response time for elevator emergencies).

I have written the President of Carnival Cruise lines regarding my recent casino slot machine experience. I have not received a response at the time of posting this experience complaint. We sailed on a four day cruise from Miami to Cozumel and return. One night in the Casino I was winning on the slot machines. (Very unusual)! As my winnings were uploaded to my "sign and sail card", I was transferring the winnings back to the machine to play more. Each time I did this I made sure that credits were on the card to deduct $100 increments.

When we received our bill for the trip, there were 17 individual cash advance transactions charged to my credit card! A total of $1,700! We were floored! I complained to the Casino Manager who appeared confused and could not offer an explanation! Have I been scammed? Is this a software glitch? Could this be some sophisticated scam to take $1700 from my Credit Card? Has anyone else has this experience on Carnival Cruise ships or is this an isolated experience. If you have then I would like to hear from you.

Always something to do or not. Good but not as good as it use to be. Best line for the money. Too busy if you let it. Always a lot to do. Good cruise for younger people if you want to stay busy and have a lot of fun. Ships are very clean. If you follow the cruise director you will stay busy but you will have a lot of fun or you can grab a lawn chair and chill out.

Like first class on the Titanic before it sunk. Great service, unlimited food, and lots to do. Very inexpensive for all the amenities offered. Plenty of activities on board to choose from. Suitable for the early risers and the night owls. All-inclusive minus the alcohol is always a great deal. My experience with Carnival cruise was great! The unlimited food and entertainment provided the best "bang for your buck". The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. After my cruise I advocate that other experience the level of customer service and fun offered aboard Carnival cruise line. For those who want a tropical getaway without having to deal with the many uncertainties about accommodations that come with booking abroad, this is a fantastic option.

I'm a platinum guest with Carnival cruse lines. Booking # **- Pamela **. I was booked on Carnival cruise ship Elation out of Port Charles, South Carolina to Bermuda. My father passed suddenly on the morning of our departure. Therefore, we had to cancel our vacation. I'm sure we can't get our money back, so I'm begging to whomever this may concern to consider our tragic and credit us for a future cruise...please. I have traveled Carnival cruise line for many years by choice. I have attached a copy of my father's death certificates as proof of our reason for not cruising. We did receive a refund for taxes and port charges. However, I would love a cruise credit for the balance. Thank you.

The cruise was a nice cruise however the ship was old and we didn't expect that. The quality was pretty good considering the age of the ship. The value was good. I feel the itinerary was very good. There were not any inclusions. Our trip was disappointing because we weren't prepared for how old the ship was. The deck was all weather beaten and the brass railings were dull. Next time I will be sure to check the age of the ship.

Nice ship; lousy crew. Horrible, Very poor. Ship didn't dock at Ports of Call, passed on by. Captain refused to dock at the nicest port on the itinerary, blamed weather while other ships docked. Crew claims he's done this before. Complained with Carnival with no response (and we used them many times before). Wrote second letter to be told it was his decision. No partial refund, no apology, NOTHING! Have also purchased liquor on other ships to find out when we got home some was missing. Will NEVER use them again!!!

My husband and I sailed on the Paradise week of Nov. 12 thru the 16th. We have sailed in the past, all with Carnival as we were highly satisfied. I am disabled with limited walking mobility due to MS. This trip included a bucket list item as my illness is progressing. We booked the shore excursion to swim with the rays and turtles. Swimming is the only time my body is fairly cooperative. We gathered in the lounge area about 1/2 hour before the designated meeting time of 8:15, with the tour starting at 9:00 a.m. in Grand Cayman. I approached the Asst. Cruise Director to discuss my situation and she reviewed my tickets with instructions to watch for her. She said we would be meeting with others and disembarking thru an elevator. Time passed and we became concerned as she had left the staging area.

My husband approached another Carnival rep and inquired if I would have enough time to change into swimwear once we reached our designated excursion. She assured him we had plenty of time. Now the lounge is virtually empty and I am really concerned. So once again my husband approached the same entertainment rep, who once again said we will be leaving shortly. Finally on our way to disembark and take a shuttle to the island. We did not stop to talk, take pics, etc. As soon as we disembarked we approached the first excursion operator who informed us our group had left some time again. He directed us to a rep for Carnival who offered us a bus trip, no rays, no turtles, but would comp us. I didn't want a comp. I wanted a cab or someone to help us catch up to our tour. I sat on a chair, which I had to ask to utilize and simply cried. I had booked this cruise for this very excursion.

If weather had been an issue, I would have understood. But incompetence was the issue. It's hard enough struggling everyday with a body that doesn't cooperate, only to be left feeling marginalized by Carnival Cruise. I made it a priority to confirm the refund and to speak directly with the Cruise Director about our experience so going forward others in my situation will have a better outcome. Everything else about the cruise was outstanding. Room steward Kirtut was beyond excellent. Dining Room experience with Jr. Hostess Alma and her coworkers was also excellent. Fritz the head waiter knew our drink orders and was also fabulous. The shore excursion in Cozumel was outstanding.

I am conflicted whether to give Carnival another chance as the previous cruises were excellent with the exception of a shore excursion in the Bahamas. Also due to being disabled and stuck at the back of a very large group of people touring the aquarium. Couldn't hear a thing and I recommended in the future to break the groups up to smaller numbers. I did receive a partial refund on ticket prices, but really I spent the money to learn something. With us baby boomers aging it is up to the Carnival Corp. to meet certain needs and as Sam Walton use to say, "Exceed Expectations".

All except last cruise was real good. 4 for all except last cruise. Last cruise was not as good because there were bed bugs in my bed, had bites all over. All is good value except cost of drink package. When you don't drink very much and you have to get drink package in order for the other person in room to have it. I like having the showed and the comedy room. We go to both. I don't think it is a fair charge for Bingo. You charge more for 1 or 2 games than we pay for 13 -15 games in Las Vegas.

I wish I could give them less than 1 star. We went into this hoping for the best. When we booked our cruise, the representative informed us that they had a Honeymoon registry that we could use where Carnival provided a $500 on board cruise cash credit to your Sign and Sail account. This money had to be used on board, as it wasn't transferable and would disappear after the cruise. However, guests could also contribute to the account, but this money would go to our bank account or be sent to us in the mail as a check. I was a bit skeptical so after we signed up, I called Carnival 2 more times to discuss this; both times, they assured me the Credit would be in our account. We boarded the cruise and the checked the credit, it wasn't applied.

Guest services was extremely rude and unhelpful about it. They said they'd forward the e-mail from Carnival (that had the information about receiving the credit), to someone and get it applied for us. They never did. They also wouldn't let us apply the $50 spa credit we received from the housekeeper. We got home, and figured we'd handle it ourselves by talking to the honeymoon registry representatives again to see if they could refund our money for it. The representatives tune had suddenly changed. He acted as if we were stupid and completely misunderstood how it all worked. No, I'm quite aware how Carnival works. It worked just like their scam was supposed to. Tell customers they will have a credit, then when the credit doesn't work assure them it'll be applied later so that they spend lots of money on board, then don't apply the credit at all.

Either they purposely worded their e-mails and websites wrong, or they have very misguided representatives who don't understand their own honeymoon registry. Either way, we were lied to whether it was on purpose or on accident. The rep who kept trying to call us, Geoff, did not help the situation by merely trying to explain we were wrong. Thank you, you've done nothing to alleviate the situation. We will NEVER cruise with Carnival again. They ruined our honeymoon, and gave me the added lovely present of food poisoning on our last night on board.

Booked in June a trip from Port Canaveral Dec. 11, 2016 4-day cruise. Booked Holiday Inn Club Cape Canaveral at the same time for the week. Both booked through RCI. Then as I am trying to book excursions for my trip I notice my booking can't be found. Called Carnival, they said the cruise is shortened by a day and everything pertaining to that booking will not be accessible until the end of November/the first of December. But they were very proud to give me 25.00 credit and refund 25% of the cruise fare for the day that was lost. They fail to understand that the reason to book a cruise is to enjoy the ship and the activities and also the extended balcony I was really wanting to enjoy. If I just wanted to see the Bahamas I would have flown there and saved some money and time.

Called RCI, no help. Called Carnival again, they told me I could cancel my vacation and they would reimburse me my fare price. They do not care my wife and I had already scheduled our vacations and we have the resort that we booked also. Oh and before you look all the numbers they have go back to the same switchboard. No avail with getting a manager during all this, was told that this is Carnival's decision. I asked if I could switch to the Jacksonville cruise but nothing was left but interior rooms according to RCI and Carnival wouldn't even talk about it. No other cruise line is probably any better with customer service. One thing is for sure, this is the last time with Carnival.

We were really looking forward to our Thanksgiving cruise on the Liberty. We were notified that the ship was not able to go at full steam and as a result they were dropping two of our destinations (Grand Cayman and Falmouth) and replacing them with ONE destination–in Mexico–and keeping the original Mexican destination of Cozumel. So we lose the two better stops and go only to Mexico on a limping ship. Carnival started out with a good plan to make it up to us. They said we could keep going and get $50 gift card and 25% off our next cruise or cancel and get a full refund.

We opted to cancel. Problem is, we also bought the insurance. For the four of us, that was almost $500. Carnival claims it is non-refundable and was purchased through a third party. I didn't purchase it from anyone else and I didn't back out on what was promised to me–they did. Had we not bought the insurance, we would have cancelled and gotten every penny reimbursed. Or, had Carnival provided what we paid for and we used the insurance policy to cancel for another reason, I would have been fine with losing the insurance money.

Had Carnival kept its promise and fully reimbursed us, I would not be writing this review. It's bad enough that we have to now spend our Thanksgiving at home since it's too late to book anything else and the hours of time we wasted planning. That's okay. I understand these things happen. But now to be fighting for the $500 they owe us is a punch in the gut. I stayed on the phone with their escalations department until she hung up on me (I was not vulgar and told her I would hold on until she connected me with someone that had the authority to make the credit if she could not).

Booked in Aug. Notified in Nov. that our 4 day cruise in Dec. is cut to 3. Their compensation is ridiculous. $75 off and $25 boat credit. Or refund. They should offer more to accommodate this change. Customer service stinks!

Here recently I purchased an early saver cruise through Carnival with all intentions to enjoy Eastern Caribbean cruise. Unfortunately, I recently have been diagnosed with a Brain Tumor that has to be taken out soon or I will die. I called Carnival to tell them the situation that if I don't have this surgery, I will die and I have to cancel my booking. Hoping that since I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on past cruises, that they would consider my circumstances and cancel my booking without taking my deposit. Well I was wrong. I talked to 4 people and none were interested in helping. So, with that said, Carnival doesn't care about their customers. They only care about your money. I will never take another cruise with them again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Carnival Cruise Lines offers cruises with both family-friendly and adult activities.

• America's most trusted cruise line: Reader's Digest voted Carnival America's Most Trusted Cruise Line, as of October 2015.
  • Cruise-a-Nality quiz: Before booking, guests can take Carnival's Cruise-a-Nality quiz online to find the perfect cruise.
  • Shore excursions price guarantee: Carnival guarantees the best possible price on shore excursions and refunds 110 percent of the price paid if a lower price is found.
  • Themed cruises: Carnival offers themed cruises based around popular TV shows, bands and activities such as dance.
  • Great Vacation Guarantee: Carnival guarantees guests will love their vacations or get their money back. Any guest that decides the cruise is not what they expected and wants to leave within the first 24-hours is eligible for a full refund plus an additional 10 percent for the inconvenience.
  • Best for The Carnival Cruise liner is best for budget-aware cruisers and families.

Compare Cruise Lines