Carnival Cruise Lines

2,654people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Carnival Cruise Lines :

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

We just got back from a 6-night cruise on the Carnival Conquest. First stop their private island in the Bahamas. Well they line people up like cattle and you wait in line for an hour to get a department NUMBER and then you wait in line for another 1/2 hour to get off the ship. The person I was with had leg problems and couldn't stand for that long, so we came back twice to see if the line had gone down. Long story short, it took us almost 3 hours to get off the boat. Absolutely ridiculous! They need to come up with a better system than the one they have. Once we got to the Island they had NOTHING there... No floats or any kind of paddle boat you could use. Not to mention that the food Carnival prepares for the Island is HORRIBLE! Dried out burgers and hot dogs that were cold. Seriously, it wouldn't take much effort to prepare food that people would enjoy.

The food was really gross and I choose not to even eat. Our next two ports were Dominican Republic and Turks & Caicos and we had a much better experience there. The food on the ship was very good... Way better than I expected. Before getting off the ship to go to Turks & Caicos I attempted to use the ATM machine. Well it took $206 ($6.00 service fee) out of my checking account, but it turned out the machine had no more money so no cash came out. Maybe they could have put a sign on the machine that it was out of order?

Instead I had to go to the desk and they had to call Chase Bank and confirm my money didn't come out and Chase ended up refunding me the $206 two days later. I bought 2 bottles of Kahlua on the ship and on their way to bring them to my cabin the bottom of the box broke and both bottles broke all over the hallway. Of course they had no more Kahlua on the ship and substituted something else. I don't think sailing with Carnival again is in my future.

I keep seeing terrible reviews for Carnival, and I'd like to share my experience with them, for it was wonderful! I just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Freedom and it was fantastic to say the least! We got to every port on time and the entire staff worked like a well oiled machine. We went to Cozumel first, and our planned excursion to Dolphinaris went off without a hitch! Our transportation there and back to port was perfect. We got back to the ship early and there was hardly a line to get back on the ship. Our second port was Belize, and since it's so shallow near Belize, we couldn't dock there, so they had several boats taking us to shore & back. We took a city tour, which was fun and informative, did a little shopping, ate lunch, and took a boat back to the ship. The boat rides were even fun because of one of the Belizean locals working on it made sure to greet and talk to everyone riding!

Last port was Honduras, which was my favorite! It was such a beautiful country! We had a planned excursion for jet skis and snorkeling. We rode in a bus with seven people. It took us about 40 minutes to get to our destination. The forty minute ride was so worth it because of the incredible views on the way! When we arrived, I was so pleasantly surprised! We had arrived at a gorgeous, clean beach area in the mountains of Honduras. We were given a thorough safety briefing about the jet skis, given life vests and helmets, and got on the jet skis. Our guides Cesar and Kenny were awesome! We rode for about 15 minutes and stopped at a floating dock, where we put on our flippers, masks, and snorkels and snorkeled in the 2nd largest coral reef in the world. It was breathtaking. I'd recommend this excursion to EVERYONE. It did not disappoint.

As far as my experience on the ship itself? I have no complaints. We dined in the Posh Restaurant. Our dining time was 8:15 and we had the same booth and same servers every evening for seven days. Eric, Christopher, and Coqui were our amazing wait staff and they knew what we wanted before we even sat down. They knew to bring me lemon for my unsweetened tea. They knew to bring us a dessert menu because we ALWAYS had dessert! If we didn't like what we ordered, they brought us something else. One night I asked about the Mahi Mahi, and Eric told me it was dry, so I ordered something else. He brought me both!

The staff who cleaned our room were incredible as well! They came twice a day and always gave what we requested.

The ship was kept so clean. I was impressed with the entire operation. The food on the lido deck was awesome. The lemonade was TO DIE FOR. Guy's Burger Grill was delicious, as the Blue Iguana Burrito Bar. I am so saddened to see so many negative things said about Carnival. As I kept reading complaint after complaint, I had to butt in and praise them for the outstanding work they all did to make our cruise so special and wonderful! I would cruise with them again in a heartbeat, and tell my friends and family to do so too! Thank you, Carnival!!

I have sailed with Carnival since I first sailed on their second ship, the Carnivale. The past two cruises, the customer service and care for the loyal customers has been horrible. The cruise we took 2 years ago, itinerary was changed after the lifeboat instruction. We too had flown to take a different trip than the areas we had travel to in which we could drive to the ship which cost us much more since we had the price of the flight.

My thing was why didn't we get informed of the change before the lifeboat drill since they had to know before we did this. I figured they didn't so people would not choose to board. We worked a job and only had a certain amount of time to vacation and did not want to go where we had been many times before. We should have been given the choice as to whether to go or not before the ship sailed. We figured they didn't want you to not board. Our time was valuable also and although I understand itineraries can change, guest vacation time should be considered also.

When we complained that we were not given a choice not to go there, we too were given a $30.00 credit on our NEXT cruise. This was only after even though we made an official complaint. After 1 call to us and was told someone would call us regarding the situation, we never received the other call. When after many months we called again and was told about the $30.00. WHAT, $30.00, as I said I have sailed since their early ships and on 3 occasions we have booked 2 and 3 cabins at a time.

Also, upon boarding the ship I was given the wrong color card which indicated your status on sailing and when I said something as we checked in I was told I'd have to go to customer service upon getting onboard. Really, I've just stood in line for checking in and you want me to stand in line again after the boat sets sail. I've had two hip replacements, why couldn't they have fixed it there or made a note of it and have the correct card brought to my cabin, after all that was their mistake not mine.

Then this year we decided to take the grandkids on a cruise and booked two cabins thinking we'd give Carnival another chance since until the last cruise we had been happy with them. After getting a casino special offer and then a email with a discounted rate we called and booked. Well the rate was for per person based on double occupancy. Well, we booked as priced per person. We booked two cabins and put an extra person in each. The fee still stood per person. Well my son who was going could not get off work after all (he is a fire inspector for the city of Knoxville). When we called within the period of which there was to be no penalty we was told this was correct.

However when we looked at our booking later to confirm this they had taken off only $129.00 when our was supposed to be $249,00 per person and when I called they were rude and acted like I was stupid for not being able to understand when one person cancelled the rates go up for the other too to pay for the cabin. What, we paid per person and we still had two in that room. What a rip off and the rudeness of their people that talked to me and my husband was horrible. We will take this cruise but this will be our LAST cruise with Carnival. We deserved to be treated better as loyal customers but we were treated as if it didn't matter. They didn't care. I would never let a rep act as if a customer as I quote "I don't know ma'am how to explain it any better that you can understand" when talking about the rate. Then I was told well we booked after the rate.

No we didn't and if that was the case how come the rate for the other cabin was correct. They just wanted to charge us more for the cabin in which one person cancelled even though we STILL had 2 people in the cabin. Crazy and disrespect was all I could say. I dread this cruise and just want it over. Bad way to take a vacation, right!

Six of us booked a Cruise with Carnival starting August 28 through September 4 of this year. We were sailing out of New Orleans. Normally we sail out of Galveston Texas but we decided to try a different port. We were cruising to Florida then the Bahamas for seven days. Weeks before we were to set sail, New Orleans was hit with heavy rains and flooding. We were concerned the trip would be cancelled because there's only one way into New Orleans.

I called my Cruise Manager and ask if there was a possibility that the trip would be cancelled due to the flooding. I had checked my email and saw nothing from Carnival. I was advised that ANYTIME there's an issue with a Cruise, Carnival would inform it's guest. In the meantime, I was tracking Hermine which was headed toward Florida. I constantly checked my email to see if Carnival was posting any information. Nothing was EVER posted. I rechecked the day we were to board and nothing was posted.

While standing in line to check in, we noticed people we upset and complaining. When we checked in, we noticed a flyer on the counter. It stated that due to the weather, Carnival would not be sailing Eastern instead it would be sailing Western to Mexico. People were upset because there was no announcement nor email warning us. There were people who just left Mexico and had to return for a 2nd trip. That was just the start. When I called Carnival to complain, I was told that I should have read the contract because it stated that, I hung up the phone. I didn't want hear what I should have read. None of that mattered when they were emailing me informing me when my next payment was due.

Our first day in the room, you could smell sewer in the bathroom. Didn't know if it was coming through the shower or toilet. We decided to take a shower, it wouldn't drain. They had to come and unclog it. Then the sink stopped up. Later we met up with the rest of the group and decided to go and get a bite to eat. Normally I lose about ten pounds before I cruise because I know I will be eating a lot. The food was horrible the entire trip. The desserts were worse. I've been on eight or nine Cruises, this was my first time getting sick. Even one of the people in our group got sick. I talk to several people on the ship who said they got sick as well. They also complained about the sewer smell in their room.

Once I started talking to other guest, I learned they were sharing the same complaints. I can go on and on about the Carnival Dream but I think I've said enough. I probably won't be sailing with Carnival in the near future. To add insult to injury, they offered to reimburse us our taxes and port fees for our troubles, $30. Wow, you pay thousands for a Cruise and they offered to give you $30 back as compensation. In the future, we'll be sailing with a different Cruise Line. Thanks Carnival for the fond memories. By the way, for the first time I lost weight on a Cruise.

It seems to me that all that Carnival is concerned with is making money. I very recently had a nightmarish experience on the Carnival Sunshine. The boat is old and the whole ship is dirty. I received a minor injury when a broken dresser drawer in my room fell on my foot resulting in a cut and bruising. There is no proper ventilation on the ship, so cigarette smoke is wafting around in the air all around the casino and the surrounding areas such as the stairwells and even the elevators.

The AC return must be pulling air from a kitchen exhaust fan because we could smell fried food, onions, etc. coming through the vent in the ceiling in our room. There was also a strong odor of marijuana coming through this vent one evening. When I put two and two together I realized that it must have been employee smoking it with the kitchen exhaust fans on.

My husband and several other people became ill after eating food on the ship. I could go on and on in great detail about all of the issues with this boat but the real problem is Carnival's "guest care" department. It seems that they are the only people you can talk to once you're done sailing with them. I've tried finding corporate information for Carnival so as to make a formal complaint with them. To date I have not found any information to contact the corporate offices directly.

If you call Carnival you will hear a prompt to tell them about your experience on your trip. Well, don't even bother because they do not care despite the name of their department! Their response in a nutshell was pretty much "too bad." Once you are on a ship you are at the staff's mercy. Any complaints made are simply shrugged off. Carnival does not care if its cruisers had a horrible time - once they've got your money their job is done in their eyes! I will never sail with Carnival again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

I will keep this short and to the point. My wife and I made the MISTAKE of booking our 10th year wedding celebration on the Carnival Legend that was sailing to Alaska from Seattle. We set sail for 7 days coming back on June 8th, 2016. To say it was disappointing would be a gross understatement. The ship itself ironically named the LEGEND, looks as if ZERO money has been spent by Carnival for any kind of updating whatsoever. I think Carnival is so greedy that they do not want to pull the Legend out of circulation so as not to lose any money. Carnival does not care in any way about their guest that are spending thousands of dollars to have a beautiful time, as I did.

I sent an e-mail when I arrived back home and never received a response. I waited about a month then called myself. I was told, "Thank you for the feedback", and did nothing further. My wife had a medical issue with several other guest smoking on the balcony. When this was brought to Carnival's attention I was told, "Sorry about that you should not have booked a balcony room". We were going to Alaska and that is what was said to me.

There were SEVERAL other issues but as I stated in the first paragraph, short and sweet... Carnival staff on board the ship were very friendly and helpful. The people booking my trip were very nice as well, they were making commission so that was kind of expected. EVERYTHING else as horrible. The food was gross at Truffles (Main Dining Room) the pizza at the buffet was great. No lobster night, desserts were subpar at best. PLEASE, IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BOOKING THROUGH CARNIVAL, DO NOT DO SO!!! Go through any other cruise line, just not Carnival!

I wish me and my wife would have had a review like this to look at before we booked ours and wasted several thousands of dollars. I do not expect things to be perfect, ever. But I did expect Carnival to respond in a much more caring manner when I brought all of these issues up to them after we got home. Obviously I am only one little customer and they could care less if I book with Carnival again. I was told this by one of the "leads" from the customer care Dept. Very professional of her.

If I can get one or two couples to book through any other company besides Carnival (there are many others) I will feel as though I helped. Carnival showed no care or concern for me as a customer. I know for a fact you will be treated in the same manner! I hope this helps any of you on the fence if you are thinking about booking through Carnival... There are many reviews that are very negative towards Carnival, all of them can't be someone looking for a free cruise. I am not one of those either. I wanted to do something nice for my wife and that's how Carnival took care of us!!!

My husband and I booked a Carnival Cruise departing from Baltimore, MD on Aug 28, 2016 until Sept 4, 2016. The Carnival Pride was scheduled to disembark the Port of Baltimore at 4:30pm. We completed the mandatory online check-in process and arrived at our scheduled time. However, due to 'weather' the ship was late returning from its earlier trip that day. Needless to say, we waited over two hours in line and ended up leaving Baltimore at approximately 7:30pm. This is only the beginning of a terrible on-board experience with Carnival that was intended to be a pleasurable and badly needed anniversary vacation.

After completing safety training, the captain made an announcement that they were "tracking tropical storm depressions", but that they would not affect our itinerary and that "in accordance with Maritime Laws, will keep the passengers updated and aware of any changing weather conditions that could affect us". After settling in, our refrigerator was broken. We called for maintenance and was told that it would take a while to get cold. It never did. We arrived at our first port in Florida with no major complaints. Back on the ship, there was only 2 kiosks to check our accounts, one of which was broken. So we could not tell what we were being charged for or check our balances. 2 kiosks for 2,000 people (1 because the other was broken) is ridiculous to say the least. The Lido deck which is where the food buffets are had loose floor tiles that were causing myself and others to slip, fall, and trip.

After Nassau, the captain made an announcement that we were skipping Freeport to return to Baltimore and were to arrive on Saturday at 1am due to Hermine. But guess what? Hermine was nowhere near Freeport and was moving up the coast. Instead, we went back ahead of schedule to specifically hit the storm. The Lido outdoor deck was flooded and the drains were clogged and not draining. The first 3 floors of the ship was flooded as well. Our ship was turned at a 70 degree angle at least three times as we went into the center of the storm at 6am. People had their life vests on and were lined up. And there was no communication whatsoever throughout the entire ordeal. We thought we were going to die and staff, crew, nor the captain made no attempt to comfort us or keep us informed.

The day after, though, they posted a hidden sign of the projected storm that was backdated. The ship was completely shut down starting Friday night. The comedy shows and all other events were cancelled from Friday until Sunday. The decks were closed. The only thing we could do was sit in a room with all of our items that had been tossed across the room. The t.v. did not work. Glasses from the bar smashed due to the enormous tilt. People had water coming in through their cabin doors. And to add insult, they automatically charged our accounts $85 at 3am in the morning with no way to check our statements because there were no kiosks. The only thing they have provided us was $11 for missing an entire island. We left 2 hours late and came back a day early and traumatized. These are not all of the complaints, just a few. Do not sail with Carnival. This company should be fined and shut down.

There was problem after problem after problem, not only with us, but with our 28 guests. There was actually one MEDICAL EMERGENCY ON OUR WEDDING NIGHT involving a blood clot that was completely IGNORED because the medical center closes at 9 pm (it was 9:10 when we had arrived to medical center). To have a nurse come up to the room to look at it is $250.00 fee. Any pain meds or anything else, you have to deal on your own because they cannot distribute them. No assistance was offered.

When we got home, I emailed them, called them and sent through postal mail a list of my complaints. It was roughly 4 pages and 23 paragraphs. The only thing they did was offer a 15% discount and a $600 refund after we just brought them $50,000 worth of business. From the beginning, the only request was for them to take care of our room cost for us. They couldn't stand by their 110% satisfaction guarantee, so it's the least they could do. To this day, they state "the case is closed" and refuse to take any other action.

I booked my cruise in February 2016. Requested an ocean view with two bunk beds and a kings size bed. On the day of my cruise I received a king bed, one bunk bed and a mattress on the floor. I spoke with customer service who stated that they're unable to make any accommodations as that's what they have available and I should have read the fine prints. I am never travelling Carnival again to go on a cruise, spend all that time and money to sleep on the floor. The bathroom was unclean. The water from the bathroom was dirty. Horrible vacation.

We went in the Carnival Dream 8/7/2016, the room was dirty and had not been cleaned. The bathroom was not cleaned. There was hair all over the bedding. We called the customer service desk and was told everyone was busy getting muster station drills ready so we would have to call back. They finally sent someone to change bedding. On the fifth day we smelled a chemical smell and called, they sent someone to verify the smell, they verified it was strong and they would check it out. They brought a fan to air out the room while we were at dinner.

During the last couple of days we had bites on our legs and shoulders, by the last day we had a lot of bites. It didn't occur that it could be bedbugs until we came home and went to the doctor, it was bedbug bites. I think there was a problem with bedbugs which explains the chemical smell we were smelling. I think they knew it and didn't tell us. I did complain and they said they would check into the situation. There is definitely a problem with bedbugs and I am sure others that cruise on the Dream will have bites.

I have a cruise that is booked for January 21, 2017 going to the Grand Caymans and Ocho Rios. I made a deposit of $150.00 and I also had a credit of $150.00 from a previous cruise. I received an email dated August 16, 2016 in regards to the Zika virus. Grand Caymans had now been put on the list with the infected mosquitoes. I have very sensitive skin and with just a regular bite the site swells up and becomes very red. This virus is very dangerous and I do not want to put myself and my fiance in a place where we would feel uncomfortable and fear of getting bit.

I called to cancel and they informed me that I had a non-refundable deposit...and I would be charged $50 per person=$100 and the remaining $50 would be put as a credit!!! This didn't set well with me. I understand their policy...but when it comes to the health and well-being of the guests I feel I should be refunded. I have been on cruises before and enjoyed them and if it wasn't for this VERY DANGEROUS EPIDEMIC I would want to go on this one. I DON'T WANT TO RISK MY LIFE OR MY FIANCE'S! Carnival should be more concerned about the guests' well-being than the almighty dollar. If I had received a refund I would have surely traveled again with them...but not now and will let everyone I know that is interested in cruising not to book with Carnival.

Carnival Cruise Ship (Pride) repeatedly mistreated the entertainers/band that they recently hired to be the entertainment for the entire ship. They were an Atlanta band that was hired by the Carnival Cruise Lines. The band's contract with the ship was only 14 days. Carnival Cruise breached their contract with the band after only 10 days. Then WRONGFULLY terminates their contract with the entertainers/band alleging "misconduct", but refuses to release the so-called video tapes of these outrageous accusations.

In addition, they intentionally humiliated the entertainers by having armed guards pound on their cabin doors at 5am, say they have 1 hour to pack their things, and kicked them off the ship! All while walking them through the guests areas with armed guards following behind them to add more open shame to the already outrageous treatment. This all started over pizza that the entertainers were not served on "deck 9 of the Carnival Cruise Ship Pride". This took place on Tuesday 8/2/2016 and again on Monday 8/8/2016. The cooks refused to serve the entertainers the pizza they attempted to order, yelled at them in front of guests, and wrongfully called security on them claiming they were not wearing the ID badges assigned to them.

This was a false claim, of course. The entertainers were given "dual privileges" throughout the ship. Meaning, they were allowed to travel anywhere they wanted on the ship including "crew areas", because they were also considered crew. Unfortunately, the poorly trained staff, that didn't speak English very well, WAS informed of this rule and STILL denied the entertainers the food/service they requested. The cooks were reported to the appropriate authorities, but no reprimand was handed out to them by the staff for their rude and unprofessional behavior. Not to mention, the entertainers were served food on dirty plates and food with hair in it. There is video and pictures to support these claims.

Moreover, several bandmates became ill due to these deplorable conditions on the ship. One band member became seriously ill because she was served a raw hamburger that was completely uncooked on the inside. This took place in Half Moon Cay, Bahamas - one of 3 places the cruise travels. It is believed that this was the reason the entertainment was let go, because they complained to the administration about poor customer service and dirty food on dirty plates served to them. Lastly, the entertainers/band was given a monetary gift by a guest family and note that praised them for the hard work and talent on ship. However, the entertainers/band NEVER received the monetary gift left at guest services for them in an envelope. Carnival Cruise Ship Pride needs immediate further investigation for their horrific treatment of these entertainers/band. This all took place between 7/31-8/10 2016.

My husband and I decided to take a cruise out of the Baltimore port for our anniversary and after our experience we will definitely think twice about booking with Carnival. The first problem we encountered was lost luggage. My husband was without his luggage for 2 days. The crew wouldn't tell us anything and half of them didn't even know what was going on. We missed first formal night and grew more and more suspicious of someone on the boat taking our luggage. When it was found... it was in fact in someone else's room. They only wanted to compensate us $100 for the inconvenience of not having our clothes!!! After some negotiations it was increased to double and a free dinner. I believe that in good service they should have credited my husband's full cruise and because of this will not have our business again.

If the lost luggage was not enough, my husband also developed food poisoning the 4th day of the cruise!! He was the only one sick and it lasted 24 hrs. He has taken food safety courses and recognizes the signs, but of course the ship denies it. They gave him pills to help but was quarantined to his room. The last day of the cruise a letter of "we are sorry for your sickness" was dropped off and a nominal credit towards a future cruise offered. We didn't get to do any excursions or enjoy our anniversary cruise at all. It was the worst experience we've had in a long time. Shame on Carnival for not taking care of its customers. They should have offered a full refund or at the very least a free future cruise. Very dissatisfied and we will use a different cruise line next booking!

This was my first time on Carnival and can't believe how disappointing this cruise was. What worked well: Faster to the fun delivered. We boarded and disembarked first. My luggage was on my floor quickly. It wasn't delivered to my room because on our way to catch the elevator, we saw it and ended up taking to our rooms ourselves. The staff is so friendly. They remember your name and do their best to right their wrongs.

What didn't go well: If you are given cabin 6363 - change it! That room is right above the casino and each night there is a live band playing music which you can clearly hear and feel in that cabin. They stop playing at 12:30 am! The shower overflowed so water was to your ankles while you were showering. When we showered, water was coming up from the drain outside the shower with dirt. We called and complained and they fixed it. However, it happened again on the third day and by then, we just dealt with it. We were offered an opportunity to move to another room, however, we declined because we were already unpacked.

On the last night, the toilet stopped flushing and we needed to call that in too. We attended an orientation in which we were told we can get transportation to the beach at Freeport $10 roundtrip. The carnival person speaking at the orientation also stated there were going to be raffles at the beach and it appeared we were all going to be together. We walk to the area where the transportation was and we see a big bus, that looked really nice. However, when we got there, the bus left and small vans (some without AC) started driving in to take us to the beach. Talk about bait and switch! When we got to the beach, it was actually $14 per person not including the fee to enter the beach. There was also no raffles. The pools out on the Lido deck are so small, people are packed in there. There are rows and rows of chairs and if you are on the top, you have to come all the way down to get in the water. Layout is ridiculous! I will never cruise with Carnival again!

I went to the Carnival Fantasy casino to relax and play. I used my wife's card since my card was not working. I went to a slot machine first and put in $100.00 cash and started playing. I lost money and won some money. After winning $75.00, I decided to take the money out to go to another machine. Well, the money goes into the card. I went to the cashier and gave them the card. Here is where they get suspicious and complicated. You can use a card to play but when it comes time to collect my money plus the winnings, they want to see the card holder. I told them that the card was my wife's and they can see that we were in the same room. I argued that when I put the $100.00 cash into the machine there was no disclaimer and they were quick taking the money no questions asked.

I complaint that I wanted to see the manager. A lady manager came and was worse than the cashier. I was told that it would take 6 months before I would get a check in the mail with my money plus the winnings. If they are quick taking the money, they should be quick paying you your money and the winnings. If they are going to restrict paying the money they should also restrict when it comes to a player putting money into the machines. Imagine this happening in Las Vegas. It can only happens in a cruise ship because you are trapped. It sucks!!!

My name is Robin **I had paid for a cruise for 5 people on July 23rd on the Magic, leaving from Port Canaveral. I was with Kim **, Aedina **, Ivanna Larsh **, Ann ** and myself Robin **. We go to check-in and they would not let Ann ** on the boat because her driver's license read Ann ** and her birth certificate read Ann **. We have been on Carnival many times with her same ID but this time they said the names were different so being she was 93 years old, I was the only one that could drive a shift car and would have to stay back and take her home and take care of her.

Her daughter Kim ** went on with her 2 children. I DID not get the insurance for our tickets because I had no reason for this to happen being we have traveled on carnival at least 12 times in the past 6 years. I feel that I should get a refund or a cruise to take care of my loss of not being able to travel on the Magic as planned, so can you please help me get a cruise or refund? My cabin number was 7411 and my booking number was ** and that was for the Magic July 23rd 2016. You can call me at ** on this matter or email me at **. Thank you.

Went on a Carnival Cruise to Caribbean. When we first arrived on the ship we noticed it was dirty and the room was filthy. After eating the fish I was sick as a dog for 2 days, locked in my room, vomiting bathroom, diarrhea chills, sick as a dog. Notified the ship and they did nothing to help. I do not recommend anyone go on Carnival. A Royal Caribbean is a better cruise line. Carnival gave nothing back, took my money and ruined my vacation. Their ships are filthy dirty and the people who work there are rude and just wanting your money. DO NOT CRUISE CARNIVAL. YOU WILL BE SORRY.

My husband, Curtis **, and I booked a cruise for my 70th Birthday. We were so looking forward to it as this was our first cruise. As we were coming back on board the ship from a tour in the Yucatan, I tripped on the door of the ship either from the rocking of the ship or being bumped. Security tried to say that I fell because of the heat or being dehydrated. I knew full well I did not pass out. Had just drank a cola and had water in our backpack. I definitely felt the side of my foot hit something and the first thing I asked my husband was "What the heck. Did I trip over?" Medical staff did one X-ray, gave me ** and said I was just bruised up.

Well I was in very severe pain and could not walk (even with help) for the duration of the cruise. I told my husband that there was definitely something bad, wrong with me. We got off the ship and I had to travel by automobile for 600 miles to get home before seeing a doctor, severe pain and all. I went to medical 3 times after the accident to try to get relief from the pain. Meantime my foot swelled and turned blue. Asked them if I maybe needed it x-rayed. Was told if I could wiggle my toes it would be ok. Just so you know, The doctors and their staff not once checked on me or asked if I needed anything. They did not even offer me a wheelchair knowing full well no way could I walk. We had to ask a porter to get one for us.

Also went to guest services to try to get help getting me and our luggage off the ship. They were very rude and inconsiderate. I went to the Emergency room at Baptist Health as soon as we got home. Was there 5 hrs getting x-rays and ct scan. I have a fractured foot, several fractures in my pelvis, and a fracture in my hip. I have had to go to an Orthopedist. I have been home for a week and still cannot walk for the pain. The doc says it will be at least 6 to 8 weeks before I can walk again. Have not decided what to do about this yet but I feel like I should be compensated for my pain, loss of work, my prescription sunglasses, and their nonchalant attitude to my suffering. The only upside to this cruise was we met some very nice people. The guest were very considerate and offered to help any way they could. So would I recommend this cruise line?? Yes at your own risk because the staff has no empathy towards you as a human being.

Do NOT travel with Carnival! Paid for an entire cruise and just so happened to log into my cruise account to find out my cruise was cancelled and I was charged a $350 fee. With no notice or email about it! Reached out to review committee a month before the sail date on 5/14/2016, just now heard back from them 7/6/16 to find out I will not be getting a refund! Cruise as 6/24/16. VERY shady business practices! Do NOT sail with them!

Carnival Insurance is a RIPOFF!! We book a room with 3 people and purchased the insurance, each person paid $529.00 per person $49 of it for insurance. One person canceled and the refund was $81.75. They explained when you book a reservation for 3 they only really charge the 3rd person $109.00 so 75% of that is $81.75. I don't know how they get that when the 3rd person paid $529.00!

They sell Faster to the Fun ($59.00 extra fee), which gets your luggage to your room first and gets you off the ship first... Plus I was in a Grand Stateroom (only 10 on-board and cost me a lot extra and provides priority embarkment and disembarkment). Well my luggage arrived 5 hours after I did and I watched as all kinds of people get their luggage right away. When I got off ship, NO LUGGAGE was there. Had to wait 1 1/2 hours after I left the ship. Plus they kept us upstairs for that entire time with a guard and would not let us go, until they got our luggage ready. Worst experience and most humiliating of my life and it cost me $4000 to be treated that way. I personally will never board another Carnival Ship again.

Over the last year my wife has purchased Carnival Gift Cards totaling $1,400.00. All Carnival Gift Cards were put in our safe at the house, when she received them. Last week she booked a cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines in Hawaii, 11 days. When she booked the cruise, she was told that 3 of the Carnival Gift Cards had already been used. Each card was worth $100.00.

When I talked to the Carnival Gift Card people last week, I was told that the Carnival Cruise Line Corporation would be calling my wife (Cathy **) within 24 to 48 hours. This never happened! When I called back this morning again, the gift card people sent an email to Carnival Cruise Line Corporation and she would be hearing from them today? When I asked for the corporation email address, I was told that she could not give me the email address to the corporation. When I asked her if she had ever heard of the open records act, she replied that she could not give me the email address. How is it possible for $1,400.00 gift cards be locked up in our safe and 3 of them be used?

What should have been a lovely vacation turned into a disaster because a Carnival Cruise sales rep made an error in booking. After he called me and inquired why my sister and I had not booked for the week of 7/4/2016, I explained we could not book that week because of my job but that we could book the following week being pleasantly surprised that he quoted a lower price due to it being a non-holiday date. I provided my sister with this agent's extension number and she booked our cruise on 5/30.

My bad and my sister's was to trust this man's word and we never checked the actual booking as it turns out the agent booked the cruise for the week of 7/4/2016, the week we specifically voiced we could not make!!! We would not have been the wiser but he called again 12 days before to sell us another ticket and that's when he mentioned the date. We cannot make the date and carnival refused to admit their error putting everything on us. They conveniently claimed they listened to the recording of our phone conversation but when I asked to listen they refused. My sister and I are out of over 1k dollars. This would have been my 5th cruise and my family of 20 booked with this line a few years back. Needless to say we'll never cruise with carnival ever again. This is a dishonest way to make a profit Carnival. Shame on you!!!

I feel cheated and lied to in my experience and will never cruise with Carnival again. In summary, Carnival does not live up to the high ethical standards it claims to have, doesn’t honor their own word, and doesn’t treat their customers with dignity and respect. Here’s my experience: I was assaulted on the cruise by another patron who threw a glass at my head when I wasn't paying attention and gave me a gash and concussion. I was brought to medical area where they asked if I'd like to see a doctor and that I’d have to pay about $200. I made it very clear multiple times that I didn't want to see a doctor and won't pay to see one. They called the doctor anyways and still charged me for both a doctor’s visit fee in addition to a nurse’s visit fee. Since I had a head injury they said I shouldn't drink and that they'd refund my Cheers program fees (which are pre-paid drinks) and they said they were sorry this happened to me.

The next day Carnival forced me to sign for the doctor’s charges saying I couldn't leave until I did. I told them the charges aren't valid but they said that I should sign and dispute through my credit card and that I would be refunded that way. So, that's what I did since I wanted to leave. I went to dispute my credit card charges and Carnival disputed back so ultimately I had to pay. I kindly contacted Carnival several times to try to make things right and get my money back (about $400 after doctor’s fee, nurse’s fee, and prepaid drink refunds) but they refused.

This was my 3rd trip with Carnival. I have been on the Fantasy, Magic, and now the Sensation. The cruise was wonderful, entertainment terrific, food very good, and the staff was amazing. I went with several family members and from what they have said they had a great time as well. From the first day on the ship until we got off I felt like I was treated extremely well. The staff was always friendly and professional. Thank you!

The only issue we had was that one of us got sick on the ship and over the past few days it has passed on to several of us in my family including myself. I don't blame carnival for this as I am smart enough to know that any time I go somewhere that there will be lots of people that share a limited amount of space. There is a possibility of catching something and being sick.

This cruise was the worst cruise ever! Carnival Cruise Line has gone down tremendously! The food was awful. We received food every day that was left from the day before. The food selections were awful. We ate at the formal dinner two nights, and it was a nightmare. I asked for ranch dressing on my salad, and received a cup of mayonnaise. My niece's pizza was completely black on the bottom. The only beverage choice I received was water. (They expect you to pay for everything else.) No tea or lemonade was offered at all at dinner.

My nephew's bed was a lounge chair that is used at the pool (with a mattress on top of it). The bed was so low to the floor, he had to get on his knees every night and crawl into bed. My niece was cut on her leg by some sharp object that was in the hot tub. We took her to get medical help at 1:00 and we were told, "No medical help was available until 3." It was a pretty big cut. The onboard shows were awful. All you heard in the shows was cursing and swearing! Service overall was nowhere near as good as it used to be with this cruise line. All they are concerned about is making a dollar, and getting you off the ship to get the next group on. You certainly DO NOT get what you pay for on Carnival Cruise Lines anymore!!!

If you like Carnival you shouldn't read this review. First we paid good money for a junior w/ balcony. We walk on the "so called balcony" and it's 3 ft deep and 2 chairs wide. Then, the sink wouldn't empty, the toilet wouldn't flush, the floor had a strip of metal that popped up and my shoe kept getting caught on it, the A/C wouldn't go off. Someone "fixed" it and then it wouldn't go on. The bed was so hard that we couldn't sleep more than an hour at a time without a backache. The food was terrible. I couldn't believe they served it. I paid $20.00 one night for a Filet Mignon and it was so tough that I couldn't eat it. If I weren't with dear friends my cruise would have been 100% horrible and a total disaster. As it was they saved the day by being great friends and standing by me. As for my travel agent, she was wonderful, did everything I ask, and more... I gave up on this cruise and just enjoyed myself with my friends.

I just booked a cruise online. Then I went to the Carnival site to book a premium beverage package for myself. The site wouldn't let me so I called customer service and I asked to buy one drink package because I'm not going to pay an extra $229 for my fiancée to drink water and lemonade. I explained that my fiancée just had gastric sleeve surgery and she doesn't drink alcohol and can't drink alcohol. He says it's their policy that any adult in my cabin needs to be charged for a drink package if I get one. This is completely ridiculous and Carnival needs to know that trying to rob people is not ethical. Do they really need an extra 229 bucks that bad? All I want to do is pay for what I'm going to use and that's one premium drink package.

I took my sisters and mother on mothers day on a 4 day cruise from Orlando to Bahamas and ship wasn't ready to go out - pools were close, slide was close until the very last day the music started early and ended early. We bought the cheers package and most of the times we were in guest service because it wasn't working lines - never again.

I booked a European cruise for my family months ago including flights. It's now a month before our cruise and I decide to pull up all our reservation information to organize out trip. When I do there is an unread email in my junk mail that comes up. I read it and it says we have to cancel to make payment within 48 hours or our trip will be canceled. I thought they would just rerun the credit card. I would have been happy to pay the full amount at booking, if I knew there could be issues.

I called immediately and found out that they did indeed cancel the reservation. I was extremely frustrated and said "Why would you cancel this whole trip without even making a call?" I was told for the first, of many times to come, "We don't make phone calls anymore." Yeah I get that. It would be too polite! So, I try to rebook and go through an hour on the phone before they explain to me that they are charging me $1,600 to cancel my trip. I complain and it goes nowhere. I explain, they have totally destroyed our long-planned family vacation. They could care less. I tell them I can't do business with a company that has this low of ethics. I get nowhere.

I call back a few days later, because everyone I tell this story to says I'm not complaining enough. So, I complain more. I finally get to someone who is going to help. They will give me my $1,600 credit and trip back. There is a catch though. It has to be the same booking on the same date and the kid's room is no longer adjoining. It's on a different deck. I explain I can't have my children left on a different deck. They say, that's all they can do. I'm back to nowhere. I left with complaints on every internet site I can find. I'm going to the newspaper next. End of the story now is, my family gets no vacation, because of narrow dates we had and now we are missing $1,600 we saved for vacation. Thanks Carnival!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Carnival Cruise Lines offers cruises with both family-friendly and adult activities.

• America's most trusted cruise line: Reader's Digest voted Carnival America's Most Trusted Cruise Line, as of October 2015.
  • Cruise-a-Nality quiz: Before booking, guests can take Carnival's Cruise-a-Nality quiz online to find the perfect cruise.
  • Shore excursions price guarantee: Carnival guarantees the best possible price on shore excursions and refunds 110 percent of the price paid if a lower price is found.
  • Themed cruises: Carnival offers themed cruises based around popular TV shows, bands and activities such as dance.
  • Great Vacation Guarantee: Carnival guarantees guests will love their vacations or get their money back. Any guest that decides the cruise is not what they expected and wants to leave within the first 24-hours is eligible for a full refund plus an additional 10 percent for the inconvenience.
  • Best for The Carnival Cruise liner is best for budget-aware cruisers and families.

Compare Cruise Lines