2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5
Based on 1,413 ratings submitted in the last year

Carnival Cruise Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

Original review: April 11, 2020

I went on a Carnival Cruise line in 2018 with family and friends to celebrate my 60th birthday, We had smaller children with us and I love the fact that they had a lot of activities for the little ones. I've only been on Carnival and every time I start thinking about others, I get the response, "do you want to have fun, or do you just want to relax." Well, I want both, so I end up going back to Carnival because there's lots of fun and I can relax if I want.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Our trip was very enjoyable with my son and his family and my wife. There was plenty of good food, good entertainment. Service was very good. The islands that we visited were very interesting to see how these people live. A great variety of food with plenty to eat and drink. A different kinds of entertainment was very good and many different things to see. If it wasn't for the virus that's going around now especially on cruise ships we would like to take another trip maybe on a little bigger cruise ship to a different area and get some friends to take with us. I believe they would enjoy it very much.

Get buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Based on my experience with Carnival Cruise Lines I can say I was not disappointed. The staff went out of their way to ensure that I had a great experience. The abundance of food choices made it very easy to get what I needed. As a diabetic I must live by a strict diet. I had no problem with locating what I needed and the taste of the food was above average. I am also limited to certain physical activity such as walking. The staff made sure that someone was always nearby to assist me with anything at anytime of the day or night. The accommodations were above par as well. Anywhere I went was extremely clean and sanitized. From the time I parked my truck until I drove away I was made to feel like family. The one thing that really stood out was the measure of safety the cruise line took to be sure that there was never a need for concern anytime. I strongly recommend Carnival Cruise Lines and I will return to see my extended family of the seas.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I had a really good time on my Carnival cruise, everyone was so nice & helpful, I found out later that I paid more for my cruise than others that were in my group, our group consisted of 20 to 25 couples and we didn't discuss the price until sometime later on the cruise and I was pretty upset, but what could I do at this point. The food was pretty good I must say, but one particular night seems like everything I choose to order, they were out of, it was like 3 different things, but overall I had a good time, thanks Carnival.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Cruise was good and food was good but I just can't get over how expensive the liquor was and the rule that cabin mates must all have the liquor package or none. I went on a cruise with my 70 y.o. auntie, so we had much different drinking practices lol. I enjoyed all of the excursions. Great variety for all ages. One day the "young" kids went snorkeling and the older people went on a city tour. Lots of great variety. Only other complaint is that I gained 5 lbs from all the delicious food!! Loved loved the dinner shows in the dining room.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I had a cruise scheduled for 9/2020, but obviously with the pandemic, it was cancelled. At this time, I did receive the $600 onboard credit and 100% towards next cruise. I immediately re-booked for a cruise in January 2021, hoping all would be resolved for cruising by then. Sadly, it was not and once again the cruise was cancelled. Only this time, there was no compensation for the cancellation. I could not find anywhere on their form where it indicates only a one-time onboard credit for cancellation. If that is the case, why even send the email to me, giving me the option. At any rate, I re-booked once again, this time for a cruise in 4/2021, and my fear is it will be cancelled again, and once again there will be no compensation.

While I understand there is a pandemic, I feel as though carnival should not be offering any cruises until they know for certain they will be sailing. I am not booking back to back hoping to be cancelled, I am waiting a few months out, only to be told, cancelled again. I emailed them and stated that while I understand they may not give the $600 onboard credit again, there should be some type of compensation. Two days after re-booking for the 4/2021 cruise I received an advertisement showing free drink package, so I asked if they could give me that since they were offering it any way, and I had just re-booked, and was told no that was not an option either.

I just feel that the inconvenience of them listing sailings only to later cancel, all while doing nothing to compensate the client is horrible. I have sailed with Carnival many times, and we love the cruise line for our family, but just wish they were doing more for their customers who remain loyal, and re-booking with their cruise line.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I purchased a cruise for the beginning of October. It was cancelled due to Covid-19. That's understandable. They gave me $300 onboard credit. However once I tried to rebook I found that all the cruises were several hundred dollars higher so in able to get a price like the one THEY CANCELLED I had to book it for an entire year later plus pay $20. That was annoying enough. However upon checking into it further I realized I wasn't just paying $20 extra I had paid in full mine and my daughter's gratuities plus paid for some things for on-board like extras and apparently all of that went to the new Cruise as well without them telling me that and when I expressed my anger in that he said, "Well you can use the onboard credit for that."

I told him no I just want a refund and then I was told I would lose almost half my money because I was already booked on another cruise!! So basically I'm not going to get an onboard credit is what they're saying so they canceled my Cruise not me they cancelled and I get nothing in return. That's crazy. This is not my fault. I didn't cancel. THEY cancelled.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Have not been able to get fun points back. I put wrong name of ship. Should be easy fix. 2 months now. Other points are from Carnival cancelled cruise.. Are you not aware these ships didnt sail? I would not recommend this card because of customer service. I wonder if I have to go further and report to a federal agency. Please advise. Jean

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I’ve spent thousands on Carnival Cruises, been on many. I never had a prior issue before departure until now. So I called the customer service line and spoke with Sasha. She and I weren’t understanding each other (she wasn’t understanding the question and I was trying to explain to her that the previous rep had told me something different) so I politely asked to speak to a supervisor. I could tell she was frustrated, and I told her I know it’s not your fault, but I think it would serve both of us better for me to talk to a supervisor. She put me on hold for 45 min and never came back. So I called again, asked a new rep for a supervisor, spent 40 more minutes on hold with no answer. What kind of customer service is that?! I am absolutely taken back they would treat their customers this way. No respect for my time.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Just a below average cruise all the way, the on shore events were expensive and with the exception of Belize, were really not very good. The ship had many problems, our bathroom toilet backed up, the food was just average, and the same almost every day, unless you went to one of the onboard restaurants, and that at an extra charge, there was no soft drinks available in the buffet and soft drinks were $4 a piece, we ordered soft drinks and wine and a flower package for our room, never happened, then had to go to customer service to get a refund, which took two days, and long wait in line. Our upgraded room was equipped with two single beds with enough room for one of us to use the bathroom at a time, the in room service and the crew were very polite and provided very good service, what there was of it.

Carnival Cruise Lines author review by ConsumerAffairs

Carnival Cruise Lines offers cruises with both family-friendly and adult activities.

• America's most trusted cruise line: Reader's Digest voted Carnival America's Most Trusted Cruise Line, as of October 2015.

• Cruise-a-Nality quiz: Before booking, guests can take Carnival's Cruise-a-Nality quiz online to find the perfect cruise.

• Shore excursions price guarantee: Carnival guarantees the best possible price on shore excursions and refunds 110 percent of the price paid if a lower price is found.

• Themed cruises: Carnival offers themed cruises based around popular TV shows, bands and activities such as dance.

• Great Vacation Guarantee: Carnival guarantees guests will love their vacations or get their money back. Any guest that decides the cruise is not what they expected and wants to leave within the first 24-hours is eligible for a full refund plus an additional 10 percent for the inconvenience.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team