Carnival Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We went out of Charleston Feb 4-9 on the Ecstasy ship. Our room, as well as half of the ship, from the middle to the front of the ship, smelt like sewage the entire time! The staff were great and changed our cabin to another deck toward the back of the boat which was much better but every time you walked around on the ship the smell of sewage was horrible. Could not enjoy the shows because of the sewage smell. Even around the pool you can smell sewage. No hot water when we got back on the ship after a day on the beach at Half Moon Cay. No hot water for about 6 hours for the entire ship. On a positive note the crew were fantastic... but nothing they could do about the smell. I know I will NEVER take another cruise on that boat!!!

This is our 9th cruise... 4th with Carnival. Pros: good price, we enjoyed the shows and comedians, dessert was always good. Cons: ship is older and needs updating, all around the casino area the smoke smell is horrible, the photographers are hounding you wanting pics- which are expensive to buy, dining room food was very disappointing. There used to be a choice of gourmet burger or fried chicken, but no longer offered. Most of our entrees were not good. Even paid $20 more for steak that wasn't great. Getting off the ship was horrible. Stood around with our luggage for 2 hours, then had to stand in line an hour through customs.

Compared to my other trips, this one was disappointing. Would not recommend it!

Carnival rips you off before you board even. I booked my first cruise with Carnival Jan 2017 after using many other cruise lines. Despite us telling the on phone sales agent we planned to buy travel insurance through independent providers rather than Carnival, the two of us were each charged $109 pp for Carnival insurance. Then when one of us had to cancel going, they claimed that insurance would go up $50 for the passenger remaining! Staff also tried to tell me as the cancelling party that the remaining passenger who would still be going would have to pay my fare atop his own due to "double occupancy rates" DESPITE the fact that we had each already paid full fare for the room per the established double occupancy rates.

I had to convince two less than bright staff members that this was wrong, which they came to agree with after checking with supervisors. Then they changed their minds back to him having to pay additional fees for lodging! Furthermore, they asked for a credit card so they could charge me an admin fee for cancellation rather than just deducting it from my refund. I found all the staff I dealt with to be insufficiently trained and ignorant and that they repeatedly sought to exact more money out of me based on erroneous knowledge of company policies. Worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Dirty bathroom. Housekeeping entering our room while inside without knocking and was undressing sheets never changed. Remade my bed every single day. Went and got my own cleaning products to clean our own bathroom. It was filthy. The floors, the bedding, the odor. We will never go on the Triumph again. I don't like someone especially a man walking in a room late at night with 2 women. That's just wrong. I spent a lot of money for this trip and it was very disappointing. Plus they collaring us to death for everything. I expect some kind of compensation for this mess.

I have been a long time Carnival Customer. I have always gone with friends or family members who also drank alcohol, so we always purchased the alcoholic beverage package. In May of 2016 I went on a cruise on the Carnival Glory with my new Fiancé. Unfortunately she cannot drink alcohol because she is Epileptic and takes several medications that are contraindicated with alcohol. When I got on the cruise ship and attempted to purchase the drink package, they explained that she would have to purchase one as well. I explained the situation, and they informed us that she would need a doctor from her neurologist faxed to the ship as proof so that they could provide me the drink package without her.

Well on this trip unfortunately we tried to contact her physician but were unable to reach them. I spoke with multiple customer service representatives about this on the ship and was told the same thing each time, that I needed a note from her physician. Finally I counted it as a loss and just purchased my own drinks for the remainder of the cruise.

At the end of the cruise, I spoke with someone regarding booking a future cruise and brought this topic up again. I informed the salesperson that I intended to sail with Norwegian or another cruise line with less stringent drink package policies if I was going to run into this same problem again. Again I was informed that if I faxed Carnival a doctor's letter stating that she medically cannot have alcohol, then I will not have any issues. So I booked a 2200 dollar cruise for this upcoming April on their new ship.

Today I called Carnival to obtain information regarding who I needed to fax the physician note to and to purchase my drink package. At this time I was informed that they do not accept medical exclusion for drink packages and that she will have to purchase an alcohol package as well on the upcoming cruise. I was understandably upset after being told by multiple employees on the last cruise, including the salesperson who sold me the booking, that this would not be an issue. I attempted to cancel my booking, and the individual was more than eager to cancel the booking for me, but then informs me that in order to cancel there will be a 50% penalty. So here I am now stuck with a cruise in April with a company that I once loved, but now has lied to me and lost my trust in order to make a sale; or I have the option of throwing 1100 dollars down the drain to the same company.

This company has proven to me just how immoral they are, and that they will not hesitate to lose valued customers over a quick sale, nor will they hesitate to lie to their customers face for an easy "out". I feel disgusted that right now I have no option but to give this corrupt company more of my money as I am "stuck" abiding to their policy when they lied to me in order to deceive me into making the purchase in the first place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

My experience on the cruise was a epic fail! All of the reviews on your website are completely on point. This company the parent company to several other cruise lines worth 15 billion dollars doesn't care if your trip is fun or fabulous. They lie to you about everything and the CEO Micky Arison also owns the NBA team Miami Heat just to let you know. I have been sending series of letters to Christine Duffy in the corporate office in Miami because the trip that I and paid for 7 people of which all had a terrible time. I then paid for an excursion to get off the boat because I thought I was going to lose my mind. They also offered the free wine and 15% off future cruise... REALLY! I have worked in the hotel industry my whole life and to find all these similar stories to mine is crazy.

My wife woke yesterday, the morning we were to leave the boat with two large welts on her left arm. She thought they happened in the middle of the night as she woke at about 3 in the morning itching like mad. We went to the nurse on the boat and complained, but the nurse said, "We don't have bugs on this ship!" She was adamant that the ship had absolutely no bugs. She said it was an allergy and gave my wife some cream and a few pills of some kind. Well, later that day, the areas continued to swell, and today there is clear indications of bug bites, including one on her left jaw. I called Carnival just now and the agent repeated that they have no bugs on the boat and that they inspected the cabin and found no bugs. Can you believe that? Inspected the cabin and found no bugs! No attempt to spray, or put poison there, just an inspection!

I'm attaching pictures of her arm and jaw so you can see what happened on the Carnival Elation Sunday night. By the way, Sunday was a cruise day, we didn't even leave the boat. The bites happened late Sunday night or early Monday morning before we left the boat. I advise anyone wanting to cruise on Carnival to bring their own bug spray and douse their room liberally before sleeping in it!

It was a great trip on a beautiful ship, good food, nice cabins and ports. They have an accommodating crew and I enjoy the dining rooms. They also have the Cat in the Hat. However, they need more day activity.

I have cruised with Carnival at least 10 times. As such, I was a Platinum Card Holder which allowed for certain amenities. Apparently Carnival has instituted a new database to track past guest. And on my last cruise on December 26, 2016 through December 31 to the Grand Turks and the Dominican Republic, my status as Platinum had changed, as if I never cruised before, so I did not get to enjoy those amenities. Additionally, the room smelled like sewage and we could barely stomach being inside the cabin. There was visible mold and mildew in the bathroom shower. The toilet was stained with red lines. Thus we would use a hallway bathroom in fear getting ill due to the mold that was located in the bathroom.

On the second night of the cruise, there was a huge stain coming from the bed. When I stripped the pillow cases and sheets, clearly someone before us in the cabin had had an accident as the pillows and the mattress were bloodstained! How unsanitary! Carnival made no attempts to right these wrongs. Carnival most definitely has disappointed me to the utmost! And let's not talk about the Serenity "Adults Only" section of the ship! It was riddled with children everywhere!!! Running, screaming, crying, just irresponsible of the Carnival staff not to have more control over this situation.

Credits? I was OFFERED NOTHING!!! And even if offered a credit on another Carnival Cruise, I would highly likely pass on the offer. The entire ship was dirty and they nickeled and dimed you for everything in sight. The entertainment was subpar and there were not planned activities for bad weather unless you wanted to be trampled on. Likely could not pay me a million dollars to hop on board one of those ships EVER again.

I cruised over Thanksgiving 2016. My cruise experience was good. I enjoyed the activities on board the ship, the food was good and the staff was EXCELLENT; however my cruise experience was tainted at the end of the cruise when my luggage was lost. I placed my luggage outside my room the evening before we returned to Orlando. When I went to claim my luggage, it was not there. I filed the necessary paperwork but never heard from Carnival. The person who accidentally took my luggage contacted me and then Carnival reached out. My luggage was returned but not because of Carnival's intervention. All's well that ends well and I received my luggage and had a great trip.

My complaint is that Carnival never offered an apology or an explanation or anything. Their policy is that they are not at all responsible for lost luggage or lost items. While this is stated in the 200-page contract you sign, one would think the cruise line would offer something in return. I was TOLD to place my luggage outside my door. It was NEVER an option. Had I known it was not mandatory that I place my luggage outside the door of my cabin, I wouldn't have done so. At any rate, I did enjoy the cruise, but I do believe Carnival should consider some sort of revamping of the procedures dealing with lost luggage. That no one reached out to me is just not acceptable.

We'll never take another cruise with a Carnival Ship. Different port, same stuff. Overcrowded facilities, very ordinary food, and entertainment was terrible (thrilled by a night of a guy doing rope and whip tricks?). Our table in the main dining room was shoved out into an aisle with waiters, etc. bumping into us as we were trying to eat. Photographers setting up all their lights, etc. in the main aisles of the ship with equipment and lights all over the place, then with the photographers "bugging you" anytime you were nearby. Everything was below par. We've been on many cruises and this one was bad. It was literally a cruise from HELL!

We were supposed to sail on Sunday, January 15th, 2017 to a four night cruise from Port Canaveral. My older daughter had just turned four year old on January 14th and I have a younger daughter who had just turned 2 year old on December 4th. This trip was scheduled for her birthday and she had been counting the days. We were there two hours before all checked with our boarding pass and our passports.

While we were waiting to get situated to the room they give us to fill out two forms regarding health and young kids. We fill them out and then the guy asks me about filling out the pregnancy questions. I am just turning 17 weeks pregnant that day. I told him the form reads that at 24th week of pregnancy you are not able to travel, which I know this and tell him, I am in the safe period and my doctor has approved it. He asks for a doctor's documentation. I say I do not have it with me, did not know was needed. He leaves, takes his sweet time to discuss this with the other representatives who have no idea what to do and keeping referring each other to see what is needed.

One employee keeps yelling at her co-worker that her phone is not ringing and how is she supposed to know what to do. My husband and I kept looking at each other and wanted to let her know that her phone indeed was ringing. We were able to see it but she had put it on silent. Eventually they say it's important we have it, and we should go nearby to Urgent Care to get one. By this time my 2 year old, and 4 year old are tired and crying. We tell them it's going to be late it's already 3 pm. They urge us to go saying that it's nearby and it is fine, just take a taxi downstairs. We leave, go to the Urgent Care, the Urgent Care is pissed off because the carnival cruise representative is supposed to give us a form to fill out so they take awhile discussing that with the carnival rep. After being drilled at the Urgent care and going through the checking routine, we take a taxi back to the port with a confirmed form that I am healthy and 17 weeks pregnant.

We make it back a few minutes after 4 pm. They had already left with our luggage and we were left there tired, hurt, with our two small children crying. Our luggage missing and spending again money to come back home. I have been on the phone with them. They say we are not able to get a refund because was done through a agent, and that our agent should call. Our luggage is coming back on Thursday, January 19th, but they will be shipped on Monday January 23rd. After I put my agent to call them I find out they have refunded me only my ticket and not that of my children and husband which were not able to sail as well. Not to mentioned the time money spend on taxi and Urgent Care. To see my daughter crying while the ship sailed away broke my heart.

It was an absolutely wonderful experience and all smooth sailing. Things on and off the ship were great. There are times to dress up and times you're in your swimwear. You could be doing something the whole time. Even just lazing around is an enjoyable experience. I never felt left out of anything. It was expensive but with all the stuff you get, it's worth the price. I look forward to doing it again in the near future.

I hated it. It was boring. I wanted to go to Mexico not Bahamas. We were running away from a hurricane and they let the ship go out anyway. After we were out for a few hours they informed us that we were not going to Mexico but to wherever. Except we took a paid excursion to Paradise Island. I would rather have stayed there for a week.

Captain refused to dock at the nicest port on the itinerary and blamed weather while other ships docked. Crew claims he's done this before. Complained with Carnival with no response (and we used them many times before). Wrote second letter to be told it was his decision. No partial refund, no apology, NOTHING! Have also purchased liquor on other ships to find out when we got home some was missing. Will NEVER use them again!!! Nice ship; lousy crew.

My experience was good but there were too many kids. I would have enjoyed a cruise without crumb snatchers on it. So as an adult I prefer Royal Caribbean cruises. I would not go on a Carnival Cruise unless I had a child with me, and the price would have to be much cheaper than Royal Caribbeans. However, the entertainment for adults was good.

My cruise was ok but it was overrun by kids that drank all day then took over the hot tub and pool. There were also not enough activities. The shows were horrible and they could not sing or dance to get a good performance. The gift shop was overpriced and did not have enough to offer. And the hidden clause about the gratitude was overwhelming.

The cruise was just what I needed at the time and the value was perfect. The selection of the food was perfect. The shipmates were very professional and extremely helpful. It was excellent, very relaxing and enjoyable. I came stress and leave overjoyed.

Carnival told me if I fly to Ocho Rio, I can board the cruise in Ocho Rio. The ship never sailed due to mechanical problems/weather conditions that I was never informed. I'd to find out by the nice bar owner that's next door to the Port Sandra. I'd to pay for a cab to get to a hotel for 2 nights. Thanks to Sandra help. I'd to pay for my food. I'd to borrow the money $373.00 to fly back to RI. I'd love to thank the people @ Marine Hotel in Ocho Rio for comforting me, keeping me safe. I was sooo emotionally distress, highly upset! I'd to buy call cards to call my husband. I've lost a lot of sleep, money. I'm highly upset with Carnival.

I'm truly looking for a future credit cruise, my refund for my flight back, my hotel stay, my taxi fees. Instead of sailing back on the Carnival Sensation. I'd to pay all out of my pocket. I've traveled with Carnival for about 10 cruises within the last 5 years. It's not my fault that the guy killed several people @ the airport, it's not my fault the weather was bad in Ocho Rio. I'm truly hoping that Carnival Cruise Line takes this in consideration of my refund, future cruise, my onboard credit for $50.00. I'd to stay out of work for two days after getting off the plane back to RI due to emotionally distress! Please contact me asap.

Food was great, entertainment was first rate and the inclusions were very appropriate. There are exciting new places and cultures to see. Shore excursions are pricey but safe in all ports. I had a great time and definitely can't wait to do again. It's well worth the money spent.

The cruise was a getaway for me as I'm a caregiver for my husband. I tagged along with other couples. It was an experience I will never forget. Itinerary... we got to see lots of different sites and cities, I loved it. We danced, wined and dined. Staff was very polite and awesome. We were treated like family. It's a great value and worth every dollar. Everything was 100% great and I give this cruise a 5 star in all aspects.

Hello Carnival, I must say you have greatly disappointed me. I was expecting to cruise out in one week in on the Carnival Magic in one of your cloud 9 suites however when I went to print out my ticket today, I find out I am just in a standard room. I called and spoke to your customer service reps, and what was their solution?? A bottle of wine or $50 on board voucher (Thanks Karen, but we already paid for the inclusive drinks).

Are you kidding me? Almost $3,000 spent on a cruise with you and that's the best you can do??!! Do you even care about your customers? Do you care that when we were selecting rooms and called to speak to YOUR customer service reps they told us this room was a suite??? Do you care that your website is so misleading that if you look up cloud 9 rooms it's under suites?? No, I was told just how much you care. 2 hours on the phone and nothing was done to take care of us. Word to the wise, if you are brave enough to book with Carnival be sure to look at all the fine print. We wish we had false advertising all over the place!

I was on board Carnival Pride (Dec.26th-Jan. 2nd, Carnival Booking: **). I would like to speak to someone personally about my experience. Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I were not satisfied with our vacation and time on board. There are a few things we would like to bring to your attention in hopes of getting resolved in a timely manner.

First off, we were extremely dissatisfied with the price we paid, and what we received for that high amount. Our balcony room was extremely outdated with stains on our carpet, and an extremely old bathroom. The smell in the bathroom was just intolerable from the minute we walked in. When spending this of money (on what we anticipated was going to be a nice vacation) is extremely disappointing. We wanted to give the cruise line a chance, but in reality we could have vacationed at a very nice resort for the amount we paid.

Second, we both purchased the bottomless bubbles package, and it too was dissatisfying. When we went up the bars to order a drink, they would pour the remainder of a half empty can in our glasses. Lo and behold those cans must have been sitting there opened for a while, and now were flat. We paid to drink, opened/stale soda? It was unprofessionally handled. At the dining hall we never once were asked if we would like a beverage to drink. If we needed a beverage we had to get the servers' attention. Once our drink was received, we then were never asked for refills. I feel that this package was a scam, and the opportunities to drink soda were not properly handled.

Third, before boarding the cruise, we saw that the price for this cruise (same room and package) drastically dropped numerous times. However, every time we called in for a price adjustment, it was never granted to us. It is extremely sad that we paid the price we did, and never received a refund (when we had proof from the website). And now after being home, knowing the experience we had, it's even more horrible that this amount of money went down the drain. Way over-priced, we could've stayed at a beautiful resort instead. Customer service even admitted that the prices dropped a lot, but wouldn't do anything. Extremely dishonest.

I truly hope that Carnival takes proper attention to this e-mail, and accommodates us. At this moment, we have not recommended this ship nor cruise line to anybody else. Our experience was not to par, and the service/and hospitality (quality of our stateroom & bathroom) was horrendous. Nobody should pay large amounts to stay in facilities like these. Please let me know what can be done about this situation. Sincerely, Concerned guest.

We took 3 days Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Liberty. During pre-registration process Carnival websites insist on attaching every family member to a credit card for on board charges. It clearly states that minor (younger than 18) will not be able to use unless the card is activated by an adult. However, the card was activated automatically when we boarded. My 10 year old was able to charge for several things (in fact, she shared with friends as well). She thought we had pre-loaded the card for her to use.

When I complained to on-board guest service, they told me they can't do anything as it was already activated before we boarded. However, the guest service person (Jelena) confirmed that cards are supposed to be inactive for minors. She requested me to talk to carnival customer service after we are back. When I called Carnival customer service, they told me I should have inactivated the card after boarding the ship. :( This is clearly deceptive. The pre-registration process misleads you in believing that you are required to give credit card but minor won't be able to use it. However, they activate the card by default and expect guests to somehow know that cards have been activated.

This was our first cruise, 3 days to the Bahamas. We live in Indiana, so after a 16 hour drive one way, we were more than excited for vacation! Day of Port, we get off the ship and go to the camera man for our snorkel trip! We had recently found the love of snorkeling, and couldn't wait! We get on the 100 passenger boat, only for it to go horribly wrong. There are only enough seats for about half the people, the rest have to sit on the nets. Not a big deal. I thought it would be an great experience. We get to the edge of the bay, large waves starting overtaking the boat, we were being thrown up in the air, and submerged under water several times. I'm not talking about being splashed with water, at least 2 ft of water was coming up over us, and onto the main boat (reported by the passengers on the boat). They were thrown from their seats and knocked around. The crew lost control of the boat, and nearly hit the rocks.

I have never been scared of the water, nor felt like I would drown until this past Saturday. No one on the boat said sorry. They dropped us off at the back of a building, not in the bay where the water was calm, and where we got on. The boat was being thrown around from the waves, and we were to cross a metal unsecured walkway onto the block wall. All of this happened in about 20 minutes. And since this was supposed to be an awesome excursion, we had our go pro on and recorded the whole thing. We got back to the ship and NO ONE at Carnival cared, offered to help or anything. They refunded our excursion ONLY because we didn't get to actually snorkel. So we now have lost an hour of our 7 hours at port. We had to wait in line at customer service, and go change clothes and shower (who wants to walk around soaking wet) adding another hour lost at port.

We get back home and called customer care this morning. No one cared there either that we nearly drowned, our day at port was ruined, the vacation we have saved for was ruined. Nor did they care we were traumatized and they definitely didn't care that we were bruised, scratched up and our cell phones were ruined. We have all of this on video, and will be posting it on the internet. They offered me a 15% discount for a future cruise. Why would I want to pay another $2000 to be almost drowned, and no one even care?! I don't expect a full refund. We enjoyed the other 2 days on the ship. I mean I get a 30% discount at Kohl's for pete's sake and all they could offer was a 15% discount on a future cruise!! Several people on the ship who have cruised several times said they couldn't believe they even attempted the trip. Anyone familiar with the water should have known better and cancelled it.

I recently finished a cruise on the Carnival Sensation from December 19th to December 24th from the Port of Miami. My booking number was ** and the other cabin on our booking was ** under Michael **. I am a repeat customer of Carnival, and decided this time to cruise with Carnival again bringing my fiancé and Michael ** fiance for their first cruises ever. This letter serves to address an extremely disappointing issue that was dealt with very poorly by the Carnival staff regarding our excursion reservations.

Prior to the cruise and with plenty of time, I booked an excursion for 4 people in the Amber Cove port called VIP Catamaran to Cayo Arena with Lunch for $105 per person that included drinks, snorkeling, a catamaran ride and a private island to go to. The night before arriving in Amber Cove at about 8:15 PM, a green cancellation notice was left under our doors letting us know that the excursion was cancelled because the minimum number of participants was not met. We did not even plan an excursion for the Grand Turks and Caicos port which we had been to earlier on the trip because the excursion in Amber Cove was booked. We were extremely upset at how little notice we were given with this cancellation.

We went down to the shore excursions desk to find that they were closed and only guest services could provide us with limited information. We went to guest services to speak with Cesar about booking another excursion called the Amazing Ultimate Adventure with Lunch for $110 which included a mega truck ride, zip lining, horseback riding in the ocean and lunch. He told us it was booked which made it extremely upsetting because the reason why we booked early in the first place was to avoid complications like this. He offered us alternatives like only ATV riding or only zip lining which came out to $80-$95 and felt unfair because for $110, 3 different activities were included versus paying so much for only 1.

I told him how unfair the situation was to us and asked if some sort of credit could be given towards another excursion for the major inconvenience we were dealt with, considering that $80-$90 for a single activity was not fair because the other excursion was booked and out of our hands to obtain. He said he could be of no further assistance and told us to come to the shore excursions desk the morning of arriving in Amber Cove by 7:30 AM. Our party was extremely upset that not even a credit could be given to us for an inconvenience that was out of our control. At the end of the day, it is Carnival who could not meet the minimum requirements, not us the consumer.

The following morning at 7:30 AM we met Andrea at the shore excursions desk to figure out a solution to our problem and once again nothing was done. We could not find a way to get into the booked Amazing Ultimate Adventure with Lunch excursion and she would not give any sort of credit towards any other excursions. Andrea told us that the VIP Catamaran to Cayo Arena with Lunch excursion needed a minimum of 40 guests and that only 6-7 people had reserved it.

My MAIN issue with Carnival is that KNOWING that only 6-7 people were booked (and 4 were from our party) out of a 40-person minimum, Carnival should have been able to notify us ahead of time to let us know that a high probability of cancellation would occur. This would have given us plenty of time to change our excursion and avoid a mess like this. Instead, we were notified the night before at 8:15 PM, the shore excursions desk was closed, and ultimately nothing by Carnival was done to remedy the situation.

The reason why we booked in advance was to avoid last minute surprises and that is exactly what we got. Had we known this would be the case, we could have booked an excursion in Grand Turks & Caicos. Andrea told us she would not give us any sort of credit for another excursion which only made us all very upset. Neither Cesar or Andrea offered to call management to find a solution to our problem and basically told us it is what it is. We ended up booking an ATV ride for $95 per person that did not include any lunch, drinks, etc. because of the limited options we were given.

As a repeat customer, I can say that this experience left a sour taste in my mouth and I will probably not be cruising with Carnival anymore. My fiancé and Michael ** fiancé had never been on a cruise before, and this experience as well was not a pleasant one for them to experience. It is sad that so little was done by carnival staff to remedy a situation that was ultimately caused by Carnivals lack of ability to fill an excursion. I do fully understand that the disclaimer states that Carnival has the right to cancel an excursion due to minimum requirements, BUT after learning that only 6-7 people were booked on a 40-person minimum by Andrea, Carnival SHOULD have contacted us with much more notice knowing that there was such a high probability of a cancellation occurring.

This is something that could have been avoided and the customer ended up biting the bullet. The bottom line is that we didn’t book in Grand Turks because we had booked in advance for Amber Cove, but because of these last minute surprises, not only were we not able to book in Grand Turks, but we ended up doing an excursion in Amber Cove that we didn’t originally want. It was beyond upsetting to see that after the amount of money we had spent to enjoy our cruise, such little effort was put into making the situation right. I would very much appreciate for someone to take the time to understand the inconvenience we were put through and contact me.

6 plus weeks - and still no refund of the funds taken by Carnival under false pretenses. Assured and apologized to by over a dozen people, Quinton of Guest Solutions, says he's the highest authority at their call center, told me that many other people also have had funds misappropriated but they are "working on it". 6 weeks of promises and lies. Now they're stonewalling me - "You'll be notified"... So, here's what this first time cruiser and last time Carnival Cruiser has learned. #1 - NEVER buy a gift card for Carnival. They only are honored sometimes. #2 - Customer service is authorized to say "We're sorry you feel that way" but to do absolutely nothing.

Rudest person I have ever encountered. My call was "outsourced" to some moron sounded like the call was being answered in a house as I could hear a tv or radio in the background. I spoke to agent Danny ** in the Miramar/Miami office. When I asked a question about travel times to a certain location he laughed at me as if I were stupid. As a person who has NEVER cruised before I was not familiar as to travel. I think it is horrible that Carnival would hire people who would mock and make fun of their customers. I will NEVER use Carnival again and will not recommend them to anyone.

I have been a past cruiser with Carnival cruising about 10 times. I have never had a bad experience until this past cruise (Which never happened). Our cruise was canceled at the last minute, the evening prior to when it was going to set sail. We received a letter stating that we would get our money back that was spent on the cruise and a credit towards another cruise. The letter is very vague and the customer service reps know it. I think they are hoping no one adds it all up and takes the time to check all the credits. The short version is it has taken 4 phone calls to Carnival holding for of an hour trying to get all the credits issued back to my credit card. To this date which is over a month since the cruise has not happened I still have not received all my money back.

They also tell me the insurance is not refundable even though they canceled the cruise. Not to mention we never got our carnival vacation when we were scheduled to be off of work and had drove 4 hours the night before. When re-booking my friend received a $50 on board credit for the exact same room and we booked on the same day. I asked why I did not receive that same credit and was told by a customer service manager that she would give me the $50 on board credit since I was displeased how they have handled the refunds and that the insurance is not refundable ($158.00). Mind you that we did not use the insurance and the cruise never took place since Carnival canceled it. That was now a week ago and I still don't have a credit to my account.

I supposedly was speaking to a high level customer service manager. She was very nice on the phone and even seemed condescending now since she did not deliver what she promised. Nor are all my monies spent up front been credited back to my card. I have since then read all the fine print on the cruise contract and if you take the time to read it you probably would not want to go. I am not one to complain or write a review but they just keep adding salt to the wound with the way they are treating their customers. Texas has other cruise lines to choose from and I will try a different one next time.

I've never had an interest in taking a cruise and I wish I never had. My husband has been on 2 previous cruises (10 years ago) and said I should give it a try. The lines are horrible for everything - arriving, eating, grabbing a snack or coffee, any activity, leaving the port and getting home were the worst. Be prepared to spend the majority of your precious vacation time in a crowded line of annoying folks. Yes, I expected some wait time but this was really ridiculous. The rooms do not look anything like the pictures. The bathrooms are gross. The shower floods and space is extremely limited. You can hear everything that goes on around you so little chance of getting a good night's rest. The first night we encountered some really rough weather and a lot of people were very nervous (Including myself). The captain nor any of the staff ever offered an explanation or any comfort. My husband and I both wanted off this cruise the first night.

It's obvious Carnival is just a money hungry business that treats everyone like a herd of cattle. This was the farthest thing from a relaxing vacation. I would much rather fly to a destination and avoid the majority of these stressful situations. This ship was below average. Food was good - not great. They need to spruce up the cabins and hire more staff to accommodate the guests. Never again!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Carnival Cruise Lines offers cruises with both family-friendly and adult activities.

• America's most trusted cruise line: Reader's Digest voted Carnival America's Most Trusted Cruise Line, as of October 2015.
  • Cruise-a-Nality quiz: Before booking, guests can take Carnival's Cruise-a-Nality quiz online to find the perfect cruise.
  • Shore excursions price guarantee: Carnival guarantees the best possible price on shore excursions and refunds 110 percent of the price paid if a lower price is found.
  • Themed cruises: Carnival offers themed cruises based around popular TV shows, bands and activities such as dance.
  • Great Vacation Guarantee: Carnival guarantees guests will love their vacations or get their money back. Any guest that decides the cruise is not what they expected and wants to leave within the first 24-hours is eligible for a full refund plus an additional 10 percent for the inconvenience.
  • Best for The Carnival Cruise liner is best for budget-aware cruisers and families.

Compare Cruise Lines