Carnival Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband and I went on a Carnival cruise with a group of 24 people. This ship is not very disabled friendly at all. I was given a wheelchair which was nice but once on the ship it was apparent that this ship wasn't going to be easy to navigate at one point or another. I was stuck at a set of stairs which frankly the first evening caused me quite a bit of pain. Yes they were nice and brought me ice in bags which helped. But access to many places on this ship made it difficult. I am walking disabled. I did purchase the package to be able to communicate with friends and family. It didn't work 3/4ths of the time. Also every time we left our room someone had come in to clean or organize it and by the end of the cruise a fur pom had been taken from my bag. It was a 50 dollar piece as well as I was very uncomfortable because I left a sign we needed no cleaning.

The evening I got injured my party had a table waiting and because I could not move fast to get to the dining room we got there mid dinner the staff blatantly refused to serve me a dinner until one of our party spoke up and insisted they least gave me a small something. It was horrible to think I would have to walk further to get a meal, it was so rude. And the attitude on subsequent days at restaurants continued once at breakfast because they had me stand and wait. I sat at a table. I was hurting. Mind you it was very early and the restaurant had only maybe four families seated. For us to sit at a table should have been no big deal. The gentleman attitudes us until I said this kind of service is servicemen would do a bad review on only then he changed his tune in the meantime.

He gabbed with other staff members obviously throwing rude looks towards our table the whole meal. I was seriously concerned they may do something to my drink or food but given my disability I wasn't going to go get up and walk to another location to eat. On our way out my husband asked for a wheelchair. I was looked at up and down and smirked at by the staff. NOT ALL DISABLED PERSONS ARE in a WHEELCHAIR. Many DISABLED have limited mobility like myself and the attitude sucked!

I called as soon as we were off the ship because my Visa was not returned to me when we picked up our pictures on the way out. A huge inconvenience as we were in Los Angeles for the rest of the week having to report a lost Visa without a credit card now! I also reported all the bad service and heard nothing from Carnival cruise to remedy the bad experience. I GUARANTEE I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THAT CRUISELINE AGAIN. Be forewarned it's horrible. Pay more to take a well-run Cruise.

We purchased a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera. We purchased the interior cabin for a little over $1700. Five days prior to sailing day we get a phone call from someone at Carnival sales department saying that they are going to "upgrade" us to balcony for a substantial discount for only $400. My husband believed them and bought into their sales pitch. I later go online and price the room and to my surprise... it was not discount! They mislead people to believe they are getting a discount to upsell you!! I have been cruising with Carnival since 2003 and trust me, this will be the last if they don't fix this.

Just got off a cruise the Carnival Victory March 27. I am a Platinum almost a Diamond and the disappointment on this cruise was overwhelming. #1 the serenity pool was turned into a day care because of spring break. I as an adult had nowhere to go and spent most of the cruise in my room. When I told customer service that he said "well maybe schedule your vacation another time during the year." No, I should still have what I was looking forward to no matter what time of the year I book. Those kids are not the ones that pay for the cruise, the adults do and should be accommodated. #2 Was asked by housekeeping do I want my room cleaned once or twice or day or both. I picked both. Had wet towels in my room for a day and a half... #3 Was charged $.69 for going from the Pacifica dining room to the Atlantic dining room. Check your statement .69 for about two thousand people adds up.

#4 was waiting on the stair landing to go into Cozumel. People started gathering and formed a line. As the people were coming down Monika kept saying "go to your right" and the line became about 30 people wide. People were yelling go to the back of the line. She got a phone call on her walkie-talkie and she said "they are forming a line but I did not ask them to" and laughing. I walked up to her and said this is getting dangerous and people should be in a line for safety. She said if I didn't like the way this was being handled I should go wait up on deck 9. Spoke with the supervisor and she said "well when you have a big group of people it is hard to control." I agreed and said in America we make lines and it could have easily been handled by an organized line, not a mob line. I kept thinking that I was going to get trampled. Maybe I should start working towards being a valued member on another cruise line that will value my business.

Don't have a problem on a Carnival Cruise Line or you will then become a Very Unimportant Person! We cruised on the Carnival Vista last May, 2016, debarking on the 24th. The night before I checked in at customer services on the ship and reiterated we needed to be off the ship early for a flight. We were in the 17th group to debark from the ship which, as you can imagine, put us at a disadvantage trying to get to the airport 1 1/2 hours away. The taxi driver said we wouldn't make it, but he would try. We were too late by five minutes, but got approval to get on board. A piece of the luggage was missing, but we did not have time to fill out paperwork.

Instead, I called the emergency number twice and was given the Customer Care number to contact. I did this promptly and was questioned why we didn't tell someone we needed to be off the ship early and why we didn't fill out the paperwork at debarkation! Once they were informed these steps were taken, I had provided a description of the bag, a description of the contents of the bag, a copy of my passport and driver's license. A few days later my bag was recovered, but there was no contact after that. I phoned three times a week for three weeks, and finally I was told they were on strike at the port.

In July, I was told I would not have to pay for my bag to be returned (since I did not fill out the paperwork, I might have to pay), but Sharon in Customer Care got it waived, and DHL would be returning it. There were items removed from my bag that apparently could not be returned by DHL and would be held on the ship when it returned in November. Considering it was May 24 when the bag disappeared, that would make it a minimum of six months! We researched DHL's website and also called DHL. We were told these items were fine to transport, but to no avail with Carnival.

The bag arrived July 18 and most of the items were intact, but several things were missing including my paperwork placed on top to protect the bag, a small bag with souvenirs/jewelry from Ephesis,Turkey, and a large purchase made on the ship from the SPA--Ionithermie products, that were $849. I reported this and we concluded that these might have been in the items removed and placed on the ship to be returned in November.

Finally, the Ionithermie SPA products were a regimen that had to be followed, and since this regimen got disrupted after only a few days and the fact that the products were going to be 7 months old, I decided to write a letter dated November 25, 2016 directed to the CEO, Arnold Donald and sent it certified. I called December 13, to follow up on the disposition of the letter. I was informed it had been assigned to Cesar ** in the Carnival Executive offices and to allow time for him to respond. Shortly after, I received a call from Customer Care as to where they should send my remaining items that were held on the ship. I told them to wait, explaining I had sent a letter and was waiting on a response.

January 9, 2017, I started calling at 11:36 AM and was transferred three times, held 50 minutes, and was disconnected. I called back, held again, hung up, called back, pressed the #4 prompt for travel operations, and left my name and number in a voicemail. I was on the phone more than two hours. The next day I called and after being transferred to Customer Care, I was told, "They aren't going to do anything!" Really? I had explained that I wrote a certified letter and the sequence of events that led up to that phone call. She was so rude!

January 31, I still had not received a response to my letter and called again and asked for Cesar **. The attendant sent me to Human Resources and Jessie answered the call. I explained everything from the beginning and she gave me the name of Arlene, a director, and said she would email her. February 2, Sharon from Customer Care called me and said they would replace one batch of broken vials from the Ionithermie SPA products. There were three batches of 12 glass vials secured in protective wrapping, and three other products with the regimen; a blue toner, an emulsion lotion, and a body lotion. I refused wanting to pursue my letter, but she transferred me to Lori, her supervisor. She said they are willing to refund $212 (this was an approximate amt.) and I explained I had a whole regimen that was disrupted and was missing 2/3 of the products.

She said that is all she will pay, and besides, they were broken anyway! Am I taking it or not? If not, then she is closing the case! I was so infuriated! I wrote another letter dated January 31, sent it certified to Arnold Donald, CEO, again and still did not receive a response! March 23, I called, asked for Jessie in HR, she transferred me to Lori and I hung up. I called again as I am so angry with Carnival's treatment of their "VIP" repeat customers, no less and I had nothing to show for the missing Ionithermie products, and $138 of souvenirs that I had not even claimed except in the beginning. All of my brochures from other countries, the daily itinerary and all of the paperwork from the cruise were removed from the top of my bag as well.

I received Natalie in the executive offices, and she tried to help me. She confirmed my Sail and Sign account purchase of the Ionithermie, mentioned my decline of the $212, and told me to call Francesca, a representative for a company that insures purchases on the ship. Francesca's number is **. She said Francesca should be contacting me the same day as she had emailed her, but if not, to call her myself. My phone rang with a Florida number and I answered thinking it was Francesca. It was instead Lori, and she flatly stated I would receive $212 or nothing. She further stated how did they know my products were in the bag anyway! She said the vials were broken, so technically, they didn't even have to replace them! Excuse me!

I was so angry by that point, I spoke my mind about this entire fiasco including the fact that my suitcase weighed slightly over 50 lb. and nothing additional would fit into my bag. An extra bag purchased at Sam Moon in Dallas was brought to contain our purchases overseas. I pointed out that we were not contacted about a previous cruise where the ship turned up on its side and everything was broken everywhere on the ship, not to mention everyone was thrown out of their beds at 3:30 in the morning!

She said they don't do anything if the ship "listed" a little! There are hundreds of people that went through this, and not even an acknowledgement! To conclude, she said they don't guarantee employee theft, she cut me off, dismissed everything, and told me all they were paying was the $212! I said I am contacting Francesca first. She said, "Who is Francesca?" I explained Natalie in the executive offices referred me to her, and I would like to speak to her first. However, I have left at least two messages every day for Francesca, and have not heard from her.

What kind of company is this?? They entice you with their advertising to cruise on Carnival, and do not care about you or anything about you should you encounter any problems. It seems like they are only interested in taking your money, but not honoring their mistakes. I reported the items in my bag on the first day! At that point, I had no idea that any of this would take place! They verified my Sail and Sign account and acknowledged my purchase. I did not even claim the bag of souvenirs and jewelry from Ephesis, Turkey, for which I have the receipt--$138!

Lori, was so entirely rude and not friendly, basically accusing me of lying about the items in my bag! I can't believe she said, "How do we know they were even in your bag?" I accused her of calling me a liar, because that is exactly what she was implying! In closing, I have not given up yet, but my family and friends that have traveled on Carnival are appalled at this treatment and were from the very beginning. I am sure Carnival has lost some valued travelers! They don't care, I am sure!! In closing, I have all of my calls saved and documented, and the letters available for further evaluation.

My family and I were on the Carnival Cruise ship Victory this past week. We were on a 4 day cruise from Miami to Key West to Cozumel. When we got in I immediately noticed problems. The ship was so crowded. The pools are super small and they are all at least four feet deep. I have small children and 4 feet is pretty big for them. It took forever to get our food every single time. The lines are off the charts to get drinks, pop and everything in between. They crowd the ship up so much that it almost becomes intolerable. There is not enough lounge chairs for the guests at the pool so we had to stand a few times. My husband bought a drink when we first arrived and the sign said 7.95. When we received our bill they had charged just 14.95 and would not give him any money back.

We had a huge incident on a boat where one of the passengers fell overboard. He was not recovered. We were not able to go to Cozumel the cause of this which is totally understandable. The priority was looking for the missing passenger we understand but Carnival did nothing to accommodate its passengers on the boat. No Wi-Fi to call our families, no money taken off or refunded to us because we missed our port in Cozumel (except $9.57 per person port fees), not even a free drink. They did offer everyone on board a 20% credit toward a future Cruise but who wants to go on another cruise on an awful ship. The Experience really could not have been any worse. Awful customer service and I am sure that they lost 80% of those passengers on that cruise for future visits. We were promised and cruise to Cozumel and we did not get there. So they need to give customers what they paid for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

I foolishly counted on Carnival's promise of providing me my wedding photos. The photos weren't that great, but there were many I was interested in buying. The cruise line printed the best pictures in 8X10 size. They provided an "a la carte" option of buying photos, however refused to sell these preprinted 8x10 photos to me in a 5X7 size, at 5X7 price. They kindly offered to sell me them in 5X7 size at 8X10 price. I gave them every opportunity to allow me to purchase the photos as I requested, but they outright refused to do so. Carnival stole my wedding pictures from me. Bring your own photographer if you're marrying on Carnival Cruise. I recommend not even looking at the photos they take at the wedding. It may be a hassle not worth it to kick them out of the ceremony and reception, but I'd ditch their photographer for poses before and after these events.

#1: 2675 passengers; 2600 were drunk college students that completely took over the ship. We had to step over people just to walk by, no room in hot tubs, chairs, or pool. Stuck on "fun day at sea" for all but 5 1/2 hours! (Carnival can't control the weather, but another port option? Come-on! Shows worse than high school, Music blasting, not enough to do. Food/coffee in buffet terrible. Had to walk way too far for excursion, staff should have helped. Room staff: excellent. Sure wish I had read the reviews before I booked. What a waste of my money. You can bet we had let ALL our friends know. Nothing like word of mouth... Carnival.

This particular cruise was our third cruise with Carnival, but the rest of my family's (my mom, 4 brothers and their wives, so 10 in all) "first" and "only" cruise. It was a bucket list dream of my mother's to go and we purchased it for her as a Christmas gift. Needless to say had we have known that they would be dismantling a water slide at this time, and dry docking the boat after the next week, we never would have booked. The noise, the smell of cutting plastic, the inconvenience to the passengers, especially the children, not being able to use the slide and the adults not being able to relax.

It is a known fact that the following cruise (Feb 18-25) on this same ship (Glory) were compensated for their inconvenience. How is it that one cruise gets compensated and not others? I have been a loyal Carnival Client, but I am rethinking my loyalty at this time. I think maybe it is time to check out the competition. I was embarrassed to have told my entire family that Carnival Cruise Lines was the way to go.

We went on a cruise in March leaving from Port Canaveral. The entire cruise experience was wonderful minus one major thing. When we booked our cruise, we were not informed that the galley was located directly above our balcony suite. They were very noisy making it impossible to sleep from 1 am to 4 am which made the rest of our trip less pleasant. We even complained one night but we never received any response back.

If we were told that this could be an issue or even that the galley was above us, we would not have reserved these particular rooms. It wasn't just me and my husband either. We had friends on either side of us that were awake all night also. Carnival should have thought about this when the ship was designed. A 24 hour kitchen needs to be above a bar or restaurant and not above sleeping passengers. I will cruise again with Carnival as this is my 4th but I am very disappointed that we weren't told of this ahead of time when we booked the cruise almost a year in advance.

Went on a cruise out of Charleston on March 15th. Unfortunately, LOTS of college kids were on the cruise and apparently on spring break. However, the worst part was, my husband got food poisoning the morning we docked in Nassau. Next, my 79 year old mother got violently ill the evening before we disembarked along with my sister and brother-in-law. We narrowed it down to a Caesar salad they had all eaten for dinner. Carnival says they won't do anything about it and my mother had to pay for medicine just so she could stop throwing up and try to get back home. This was her first cruise. NEVER AGAIN CARNIVAL!

We traveled on the Victory cruise at the end of the year 2016 (3 nights), and for lack of fumigation of the boat, we have brought bed bugs to our house. My wife started with an allergy, drug costs and primary care physician, skin specialist and allergist. Finally and at the suggestion of the allergist we discovered these bugs in our bed. The man who made the pest control found bed bugs in one of the suitcases we used for the trip and that we unpacked on the bed. For our safety we threw the mattress and in the end the trip became a nightmare.

7 day Western Caribbean cruise - A word of warning Carnival is not what it used to be. It has been 20 years since my last Carnival cruise and this was my last one. The difference between the food included in the cost of your cruise and the food served that you had to pay extra for was unbelievable. A lot of the food included in the price of the cruise was horrible and all of the food you had to pay extra for was wonderful. Carnival is making a big mistake in doing this and I for one will never take another Carnival cruise. Also the bartenders didn't know what a twist was, and you would think with the prices they charge for a drink you be able to get what you want.

I was on the splendor and it's showing its age, also it's got some of the tackiest interiors I've ever seen on a cruise ship. Next the new Wi-Fi package is terrible. I managed to get a refund on half of its cost because it barely worked. Also I purchased the faster to the fun package which is supposed to get you on the boat faster, give you priority tender service and easier debarkation. Other than getting us on the ship faster it was a waste. The ports that had tenders had no special treatment. Lastly the crew, most of them are wonderful hard-working people. There were a few that were not so hot. Finally the Cruise industry has to seriously rethink these larger ships. There's just too many people. If you looking to go on a cruise skip Carnival.

It started with the airline losing our luggage (not directly the cruise ship's fault) then Carnival changes the itinerary from several Ports of Call that we used to select this cruise, to Nassau and Freeport with the rest of the time "fun at sea" interpretation spending money at the bar, casino, shops. Btw the airlines couldn't find us because of the itinerary change and therefore we had to buy clothes from the ship! I will frame the "splendor" t shirt and put it in my office as a conversation piece!

The employees suck! (Exception two dinner servers Denan and a guy from Malaysia were very good.) Most acted like they were doing us a favor, and for the complete change in itinerary? 1/2 off of a trip that, based on conversations with other passengers, I paid twice as much for! I can continue with numerous other issues too numerous to mention! I feel sorry for anyone who starts a conversation with me because somewhere in the conversation I will say "CARNIVAL CRUISE SUCKS". Spend your money somewhere else. As an airline pilot my landing comment "Carnival Cruise Line sucks." Welcome to **.

Conflicted. I have exclusively used Carnival Cruise Lines for years due to the loyalty I feel to the staff on the ships whom are excellent! My personal cruise consultant Tameeka ** is the best and I would feel like I would be betraying them to book elsewhere. I am a gold level cruiser with them about to become platinum as I go twice a year. On the other hand my recent experience has left me with the worst taste for corporate. I was given a "free cruise" but just missed the deadline which was only a 2 week window to book. I understood that offers are time stamped. I emailed and got a form letter response that time had expired. I inquired with Tameeka asking to have a manager call me as I wanted to discuss some alternative small consideration for my loyalty. (I have never asked for anything before). For 2 months she tried to get someone from corporate to call me with no luck.

The week before I left I tried again, they tried... no call. On the ship spoke with Mr. ** customer relations, told him the story. He asked me what type of cabin I was in, I think he was going to upgrade me. I explained my cabin was fine that I wanted corporate to have the decency to call me. Still no call. Another manager tried too from the ship. Again the staff on the ships are amazing. In the end I wasn't looking for 1000 plus cruise; a couple dollars onboard credit or cabin upgrade would have been fine but I wanted it from a corporate manager as it had become a matter of principle. I have spent tens of thousands with them. It isn't about that. What's worse the day before I left someone called me to discuss upgrade of room. She was trying to upsell me and had no idea I had an open concern. As did none of the other managers in the trenches, and they all did their best to help me.

Carnival VIP. We got off Carnival Vista. We were supposed to have casino promo and we did not receive casino credit. And when we went we saw casino director under casino promo code PTC and she emailed and couldn't find anything. What are you gonna do about it because I am not happy. Otherwise I would give you 5 stars.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Had a supervisor that was so rude to me on the phone then here thru their messages have been IGNORED, even though they are in the wrong! Had a free cruise since I spent over $3,000 on their ship! Plus we've been getting promos in the mail off and on. We had one on our account and went to check out to use my promo as it was all on there on checkout screen then check out glitched! Called and rep said to close out the screen. Now they said they can't find it even though I had 2 screen shots of PROOF that I had this offer. A joke! I will NEVER EVER SAIL WITH CARNIVAL AGAIN under these circumstances.

We booked a cruise for the end of February 2017 on the Carnival Liberty. First of all the power on the whole boat went off when we were at port. I was in shower in the dark with soap in my eyes. I was very scared to finish my cruise in fear of a power outage at sea. Then they decided to paint with a very high fume paint that was in all the air the rest of our cruise. I am very sensitive to paint fumes a very bad headache and sore throat from the fumes. The service is horrible on this ship. We never met the room Steward. The dinner staff is poor. Not once were we spoken to by wait staff. Don't waste your money on this cruise ship.

Disembark talk night before told that people with connecting flights would be called early. This was not the case. Waited could not find anyone to help. When finding the cruise director told yes we could disembark hoping our luggage was on the wharf. I was unable to carry mine after having a fall & breaking a rib. We missed our flight to Las Vegas, had to wait 10 hours for next flight, miss a whole day in Vegas arriving 1.30 am, should have been day before. More problems this was the big one. Have received a $25.00 voucher for all the trouble caused. Not good enough, was so looking forward to this trip have cruised many times before will never cruise Carnival again.

My wife and I was invited to a wedding on the Carnival Victory Cruise Ship. The wedding was nice and that was about it!! The cruise was horrible. Everyone got sea sick, because the boat was driven at full speed with rough seas. Then I ordered a parrot fish cup as a souvenir for my wife birthday. The server said the cup was 7.95 and there was a sign stating 7.95. When we received our bill it was 17.19. My wife and I tried several times to get this resolved and we are still now with our financial institution trying to get this problem solved. Carnival has lost another passenger and they don't seem to care. Get the guest drunk and rob them in the process. This was the deal breaker!!! Never again I will stay with the LUXURY CRUISES!

We had a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas. Paid for a Grand Suite which included perks like priority boarding, priority debarking and a few other perks. Our room was not clean. I had to clean it every day. Spoke to our steward but because of the language barrier he was not understanding what we wanted. There were stains on the floor, the bathroom smelled like urine, our windows had fingerprints and dirt from the last cruise, dust everywhere and balcony dirty. There was construction on the ship that woke us up every morning. Went to Guest Services to complain, which had a very long line. Wasted my time in line for the woman at the desk to tell me that the noise was not going to stop and that they did not have any more rooms to switch us to. Told us to talk to our steward about the room. Paid for the Carnival Hub app to be able to text with my son and that didn't work. They would not refund me my money I paid for the app.

The food was not good. Had to return our meals a few times for being undercooked. My son did not get his dinner two times because the waiter skipped him. Smoking section was right next to the pool so our children and ourselves were breathing in the smoke. Called Carnival to complain and they told me the best they could do was give each of us a $25 credit for our next cruise and that was their final decision. Will never go on another Carnival Cruise again. They do not care how you feel or what you are experiencing. They expect you to waste your time waiting in long lines at Guest Services to have them say there is nothing they can do.

Debarking after the trip was horrible. They shut down the middle elevators which were near our floor and told us that Priority Debarking would have to go up to the Mikado Lounge and they would send you down an elevator. We would have to drag our luggage up the stairs 2 floors to be able to leave. Problem was that the stairs and hallways and lobbies were full of people sitting on the stairs, floors and standing in our way. There was no way we would be able to get to the Lounge to leave. Terrible customer service. Will never do another Carnival Cruise or tell anyone that they should do one.

I was attempting to book a family reunion on the Sunshine for August 2018. I first called customer service to inquire about the process and was told that it was easier to book online. So I decided to begin making the bookings then I realize that the system was assigning me as the guest in all bookings. I had booked 3 cabins by the time I realized this. I then called back to get that corrected and to confirm whether I could get a group booking established so that individuals could manage their own bookings and payments directly with the cruise line. The second person told me to continue booking individually until I get 8 cabins which then qualifies for a group.

I'm not sure what happened to good customer service but once again I referred back online to complete my bookings. Once I got to the 9th cabin I called to get the group booking and to get my cabin discount for having a group and was told that it was a $50 pp cancellation charge to cancel the individual bookings and make the group. Why should I be penalized for miscommunication by the Carnival booking reservation line? The worst vacation planning experience ever. Carnival did not help correct the booking mess. I will never spend another dime on with this cruise line.

My family & I just came back from sailing on the Carnival Magic 7 day cruise to the Western Caribbean. It was an epic fail. We were so disappointed from the lack of entertainment- to the dirty cabins, and uncleanly plates and utensils. The ship was overcrowded, and people were reserving lounge chairs by the two teeny tiny pools, by simply throwing a towel down, and not necessarily sitting in the chair for the entire day. The staff did nothing to prevent this from happening.

The pool was jammed full of overweight, intoxicated people, that it intimidated little kids from swimming, let alone you couldn't see your kid in the pool, as there was no place to sit. Our first port of call was cancelled, and Roatan beach was so overcrowded with people, not to mention they played Justin Bieber songs instead of Caribbean music. The volume was overpowering and completely not conducive for relaxing. If you chose to go stand in the back pool area, the smell of sewage overwhelmed you. The food was plentiful but tasteless. The plates were always wet and felt unclean. I will never go on another Carnival Cruise again.

Worst vacation ever experienced. Went on the Carnival Freedom Feb 11th thru the 18th and got food poisoning on the second day of the cruise. I was sick the whole week and Carnival's response was basically oh well. I have been on literally 5 Carnival Cruises in the past 3 years and this past cruise will definitely be my last! Never again! I never leave bad reviews for anything but I don't want anyone else to have the bad experience I just did so I want to pass along my experience.

Booked a cruise to Jamaica for my wife's 60th birthday on Carnival Freedom. The ship was late getting to port because of fog. Then we had to wait for a wedding party to board, we started boarding around 1 P.M. that afternoon. After boarding we sat in port for 12 hours until the wedding was finished and all the non-cruising wedding were rounded up and put off the ship. Finally left around 1 A.M. Sunday morning, but since we were delayed 7 hours by the wedding we were told that we couldn't make the trip to Jamaica but we would go to Costa Maya Mexican instead. We have been to Mexico 20 times or so but not to Jamaica.

When we returned I contacted Carnival about their problem and they responded that they were sorry for the inconvenience but they weren't doing anything to compensate for missed cruise to Jamaica. I asked to talk to a supervisor and I was told there was no one to talk to. In the future I will cruise with RCCL if Carnival doesn't resolve this with a major discount.

Carnival Cruise to Hawaii January 14 through the 29, 2017 = Wasted Money. This was the second (and last) disappointing cruise that we have taken with Carnival. High winds, lack of sunshine and an antiquated ship made this 15-day trip a waste of our money. We understand that the weather is out of the cruise line’s control, however, maybe January should not be a choice for this type of cruise. We were only able to see three of the five Hawaii ports that were promised, which was the reason we booked the cruise. There should be some kind of contingency plan for events when the weather is unbearable. We thought that a vacation cruise to Hawaii would be 10 warm sea days where we could relax on the decks in the sun. However; instead we had high winds and cold temperatures making sunbathing impossible.

Sleeping and walking were difficult as well. Not because of swaying motion, but because the entire ship shook and creaked, made it difficult to walk and sleep. Most nights our bed shook and rocked. Since my husband and I do not gamble or enjoy playing Bingo and trivia every day there were very few choices for activities. Normally, we would have been happy to lay in the sun on deck, but since the decks were roped off because of wind, that choice was unavailable, and there was little to do during the day. All comedy and musical shows were shown at night. Fun parties, such as the luau, did not start until 10:45 p.m. In addition, we paid $70 for bottled and distilled water that would have cost us less than $20 at home. We will NOT be recommending this or any other 15 day Carnival cruise to anyone.

We went out of Charleston Feb 4-9 on the Ecstasy ship. Our room, as well as half of the ship, from the middle to the front of the ship, smelt like sewage the entire time! The staff were great and changed our cabin to another deck toward the back of the boat which was much better but every time you walked around on the ship the smell of sewage was horrible. Could not enjoy the shows because of the sewage smell. Even around the pool you can smell sewage. No hot water when we got back on the ship after a day on the beach at Half Moon Cay. No hot water for about 6 hours for the entire ship. On a positive note the crew were fantastic... but nothing they could do about the smell. I know I will NEVER take another cruise on that boat!!!

This is our 9th cruise... 4th with Carnival. Pros: good price, we enjoyed the shows and comedians, dessert was always good. Cons: ship is older and needs updating, all around the casino area the smoke smell is horrible, the photographers are hounding you wanting pics- which are expensive to buy, dining room food was very disappointing. There used to be a choice of gourmet burger or fried chicken, but no longer offered. Most of our entrees were not good. Even paid $20 more for steak that wasn't great. Getting off the ship was horrible. Stood around with our luggage for 2 hours, then had to stand in line an hour through customs.

Compared to my other trips, this one was disappointing. Would not recommend it!

Carnival rips you off before you board even. I booked my first cruise with Carnival Jan 2017 after using many other cruise lines. Despite us telling the on phone sales agent we planned to buy travel insurance through independent providers rather than Carnival, the two of us were each charged $109 pp for Carnival insurance. Then when one of us had to cancel going, they claimed that insurance would go up $50 for the passenger remaining! Staff also tried to tell me as the cancelling party that the remaining passenger who would still be going would have to pay my fare atop his own due to "double occupancy rates" DESPITE the fact that we had each already paid full fare for the room per the established double occupancy rates.

I had to convince two less than bright staff members that this was wrong, which they came to agree with after checking with supervisors. Then they changed their minds back to him having to pay additional fees for lodging! Furthermore, they asked for a credit card so they could charge me an admin fee for cancellation rather than just deducting it from my refund. I found all the staff I dealt with to be insufficiently trained and ignorant and that they repeatedly sought to exact more money out of me based on erroneous knowledge of company policies. Worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Dirty bathroom. Housekeeping entering our room while inside without knocking and was undressing sheets never changed. Remade my bed every single day. Went and got my own cleaning products to clean our own bathroom. It was filthy. The floors, the bedding, the odor. We will never go on the Triumph again. I don't like someone especially a man walking in a room late at night with 2 women. That's just wrong. I spent a lot of money for this trip and it was very disappointing. Plus they collaring us to death for everything. I expect some kind of compensation for this mess.

I have been a long time Carnival Customer. I have always gone with friends or family members who also drank alcohol, so we always purchased the alcoholic beverage package. In May of 2016 I went on a cruise on the Carnival Glory with my new Fiancé. Unfortunately she cannot drink alcohol because she is Epileptic and takes several medications that are contraindicated with alcohol. When I got on the cruise ship and attempted to purchase the drink package, they explained that she would have to purchase one as well. I explained the situation, and they informed us that she would need a doctor from her neurologist faxed to the ship as proof so that they could provide me the drink package without her.

Well on this trip unfortunately we tried to contact her physician but were unable to reach them. I spoke with multiple customer service representatives about this on the ship and was told the same thing each time, that I needed a note from her physician. Finally I counted it as a loss and just purchased my own drinks for the remainder of the cruise.

At the end of the cruise, I spoke with someone regarding booking a future cruise and brought this topic up again. I informed the salesperson that I intended to sail with Norwegian or another cruise line with less stringent drink package policies if I was going to run into this same problem again. Again I was informed that if I faxed Carnival a doctor's letter stating that she medically cannot have alcohol, then I will not have any issues. So I booked a 2200 dollar cruise for this upcoming April on their new ship.

Today I called Carnival to obtain information regarding who I needed to fax the physician note to and to purchase my drink package. At this time I was informed that they do not accept medical exclusion for drink packages and that she will have to purchase an alcohol package as well on the upcoming cruise. I was understandably upset after being told by multiple employees on the last cruise, including the salesperson who sold me the booking, that this would not be an issue. I attempted to cancel my booking, and the individual was more than eager to cancel the booking for me, but then informs me that in order to cancel there will be a 50% penalty. So here I am now stuck with a cruise in April with a company that I once loved, but now has lied to me and lost my trust in order to make a sale; or I have the option of throwing 1100 dollars down the drain to the same company.

This company has proven to me just how immoral they are, and that they will not hesitate to lose valued customers over a quick sale, nor will they hesitate to lie to their customers face for an easy "out". I feel disgusted that right now I have no option but to give this corrupt company more of my money as I am "stuck" abiding to their policy when they lied to me in order to deceive me into making the purchase in the first place.

Compare Cruise Lines