2.97/5

1353 Carnival Cruise Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Selected this cruise because of a group of family and friends were going; 18 people in total. I had been on the Carnival Pride in Jan 2017 and was not impressed but since so many people were going I decided to give it another try. I also cruised in Jan 2018 on the NCL Epic and my experience was the complete opposite of my Carnival experience; I loved it!

The thing I noticed immediately upon boarding is how dated and tired the ship looked. It was supposed to have had a multi-million dollar refit a few months before but I did not see where they spent anywhere near that amount of money. Things noticed: Carpet on interior stairs with the treads exposed that tripped many people on the stairs. Metal ceiling in dining areas dented and dirty; many full of dirt and dust. Stains on carpet in main walkways. Incorrectly functioning elevators that would not move half the time you got on them. Woodwork and railings that were gashed and gouged and instead of being repaired or replaced; were just given a fresh coat of thick paint that looked bad.

Things I enjoyed: The crowd and energy was amazing and the crew did a good job at getting them involved. The entertainment was terrific; especially this guitar player Dariel that performed. He was excellent and my favorite part of the cruise. The embarkation with the "Fast to the Fun" package was the fasted I have experienced. Most bartenders were great; some average; one was downright rude.

Some of the larger disappointments were: Immediately upon boarding I noticed my oceanview cabin was very hot. I turned the ceiling control on the vent to max cold. Several hours later it still had not cooled off and was very hot and stuffy. Our cabin steward (who was great) even commented on how hot it was and to go talk to guest services. I had to leave the door to the cabin open to get some cool air from the hallway. I went to check out the cabins of several others in my party and all of their cabins were much cooler; as well as the hallway.

After several hours of this I went to guest services to explain the situation. I was told the ship had just gotten underway and the air conditioning had just been turned on and it would take a few hours to cool down the cabin. I asked why the hallway and other cabins were so cool if that was the case and was told they could not answer that and to wait and few hours; check it again and come back if there was an issue still. Several hours later after dinner and the cabin was still as hot as it was upon boarding. I called guest services on the phone and informed them and asked them to come fix it while I was out for the evening. I come back to the cabin a couple of hours later to find the air still not fixed and a small circular fan sitting on the counter plugged in and running; aimed at the bed.

All the fan was doing was blowing the hot air around. At this point I was really upset and went down to guest services to have them send a tech to fix the air. They sent someone while I was in the room that offered to take the vent cap and adjustment off altogether to try to increase flow to the cabin. I accepted and said would try it for the night. With the vent cap off and the fan running it was still too warm to sleep and ended up sweating all night. The next morning I complained to guest services again.

I get a letter under my door that stated they tried to contact me about the cooling issue and had been unable to get a hold of me and asked me to come to guest services. I did again and stated it was still hot. Again there was no resolution. That night in the middle of the night the air broke all together. It was sweltering as there was no air flow at all. I again went down to guest services and complained. I was then told there was an outage that affected my cabin and they were making emergency repairs and it should be fixed in an hour. I said it had been an issue since I got on board. They said they would "do something" to make it up to me and to come back later.

At no point did they offer to switch me to a different cabin. Later in the day I had a letter under the door asking me to again come to guest services. They offered me a dining room "steak selection upgrade" and a bottle of wine for the trouble. I stated the air still wasn't fixed and was told that is what they could do. I ended up giving the wine away since I don't drink it and the steak wasn't that great. I ended up not sleeping most of the cruise due to the cabin being so hot. Very poor customer service experience.

The disembarkation process was terrible. I had purchased the "Faster to the Fun" package which entitles you to priority embarkation, tenders, customer service, and disembarkation. Since I had that package I had a letter under my door with instructions on what to do if you were taking your luggage off of the ship yourself. It stated to take your luggage to deck 9 lounge at the very back of the ship and wait for the ship to be cleared. My friend and I lugged 5 bags up 2 decks and all the way across the ship to the lounge. We were there 10 min when we were told to collect our bags and follow the staff. In this long line, we had to carry the 5 bags down 4 flights of stairs (no elevators) and all the way back across the ship. We actually passed our cabin on the trek back to disembark. So much for Priority service. That alone was enough to say "never again" to Carnival.

The food was average. The breakfast and lunch offerings were not impressive and there were not enough buffet lines to handle the crowd. Long wait times were common for food. There were staff portioning out the bacon and ham so if you wanted more than two slices; you would have to wait in the line again. The dinners in the dining room were good except for the BBQ Ribs that were terrible and I got a very under-cooked fillet.

The ship has one small swimming pool for almost two-thousand people. It was hot out and there was just no room in the pool which was wall-to-wall people. After a sub-par experience on the Carnival Pride and an even worse one on the Paradise; I will be sticking with NCL from now on for the simple fact that Carnival does not know what customer service is. My opinion is to pay a bit more and have a much better experience on another line.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Just came back from an eight day cruise on the Carnival Horizon and I must say I am very disappointed. This was my first cruise experience and I am left with a lot of dissatisfaction. First and foremost, my main reason for booking this particular cruise was that one of the ports was San Juan Puerto Rico where I have many family members, including my mother, that I had arranged to visit and spend the day with and introduce my fiancé to. Our destinations were Grand Turks, San Juan and Amber Cove (which this part of the island is owned by Carnival). We were told that in order to get ahead of Hurricane Florence that was in the Atlantic, we would have to skip San Juan and go straight to Amber Cove.

Now, I am all for safety but what I don’t understand is why we had to skip San Juan... the reason being that Carnival made more money by docking at THEIR island than they would have docking in San Juan. When I brought this to their attention, I was told that wasn’t true and that it was decided because of the storm. I wish I could believe that but it is an insult to my intelligence that they would think I wasn’t smart enough to know their reasoning. Complaint number two is that my fiancé ordered the Premium WiFi package and her service was anything but Premium. She kept getting kicked out and would have to constantly hit her WiFi.

Didn’t get messages from people on the ship, couldn’t call home when needed. She ended up downloading Google Duo and had no problem at that point. Lastly was that the crew felt that it was ok to walk into our cabin without knocking. Once to give us flyers and pamphlets and another time to drop off the liquor we purchased. We were taking a nap and there was no liquor, we wake up and there are our two boxes. Kind of creepy and an invasion of privacy. When this was brought to their attention, they said they will just write it down so it doesn’t happen again... so very sad. I will not be cruising Carnival any time in the near future.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

My family just returned from an 8-day cruise on the Carnival Vista. After a family cruise last year on the Carnival Breeze, we were super excited to cruise again, so we booked our next expedition right away. We sailed out of Miami, FL on Sept 8 and returned yesterday, Sept 16. I have no idea what changed in a year's time but the service we received aboard the Carnival Vista was drastically different than that received on the Carnival Breeze. To start, the food on the Vista was lackluster. The sausage served at breakfast taste of dish soap, the bacon is soaked in grease, and everything else lacks seasoning. For breakfast, I tried eating at the buffet on the Lido deck, I tried the Horizons restaurant, to no avail. At home, I usually eat egg whites that consist of all veggies and a handful of diced ham for flavoring. I even requested this on the cruise ship but it still did not have a taste. As far as food is concerned, I settled on hot dogs and pizza after the third day.

Another thing that was disappointing was most of the events started earlier than what was indicated by the Carnival hub app, and if you arrive even a minute late, the hosts will not allow you the chance to participate. In one case, my husband screenshot the time to prove the event started early but the host continued to stick to her story that she did not start early. It was frustrating.

We were in a party of almost 30 people and we met and talked to many more people on the cruise. There seemed to be a consensus that the Carnival Vista was disappointing - especially since this boat was just introduced a little over 2 years ago. The carpet around the ship was already destroyed, the staterooms were hot and we would hear constant banging all night. We literally had to pull all the covers off the bed because it was so hot. The maintenance guy kept saying the temperature in the room was in compliance with their rules; regardless of our discomfort.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Carnival mislead consumers to think we had 2 days in Cuba. However, since the boat left at 3 am, they counted the next day. Not only did we have to buy a $75 Cuba Visa pp but we had to purchase mandatory excursions of their choice. And then the Cubans were rude. The old fashion car tour only had 1 person who could speak English and no one explained what we were seeing. Also when people tried to use the restroom, they yelled at us and said there was no time and that they would leave us. Besides that, there was tons of trash in the water near the pier and nothing in the country has been updated. Looking from the boat it looks like a scene from 1918. I won't be back again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

You're not allowed to smoke on your balcony, for obvious reasons, and yet if your neighbors do it, despite complaining multiple times, they'll never be told to stop. As someone who gets migraines from cigarette smoke, I was unable to go on my balcony the entire trip as these people smoked every 30 minutes the entire trip. Despite complaining during the trip to guest services multiple times, the cabin next to ours smoked all day every single day.

Called Carnival after the trip to request a refund for the difference between a balcony and an indoor cabin since I couldn't go on the balcony and they said "we don't give refunds for inconsiderate neighbors". So if you have neighbors that are breaking the rules, don't expect Carnival to do anything about it, and don't expect them to care, either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Let me start by saying, the ports were the fun part of this trip... On the most I give my Carnival cruises a 6 or 7 except for Vista which I gave a 10... But this trip was EXTREMELY disappointing. Let's start with the food, the lido deck for was not good and very few choices to pick from, the breakfast was disgusting, after the first full day I would only eat breakfast in the dining room, I mostly ate guys, and in the specialty restaurants... Next who's idea was it for that smart elevator, for a ship that can hold almost 4000 people, that idea was far from SMART... I came back from my cruise 6 lbs down, cause I gave up waiting and just walked up and down the stairs...

Next if a ship that is out at sea for 4 days, I would think there would be lots to keep the passengers occupied, but there really wasn't... Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the crew, as a matter of fact the captain did a damn good job getting us around and through the 2 hurricanes in the ocean... I have a problem with corporate that authorized the changes to the ship... This ship was so cramped the only room you really had was in your cabin... And last but not least, disembarking... OMG... 14 levels coming down to one level and ended up in on line near the SMART elevator, which means everytime someone got off the jumped in front of someone who was already standing on line for at least 30 min...

We docked at 5:30 am after security we were allowed to disembark at around 7:20 am, I was on the 11th level, so my number was called quickly, but with the problem on the plank level made it impossible... I finally got out and on the street at 9:20 am, now maybe I'm spoiled, but it took Vista 20 mins to get us off the ship... My bottle of wine that I ordered before getting on the ship didn't arrive in my room until the 3rd day...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Our Alaska cruise on the legend was wonderful. The food was great and especially the service we received from our cabin Steward ** couldn’t have been any better. He was always there to take care of us anytime we needed him. And the servers Sonny, Casiano and Andhika, in the main dining room were excellent. They made you feel like you were family at a Sunday dinner. Made eating very enjoyable. Our photographer Vladan was terrific and fun to be around. Adam the cruise director did a awesome job with the entertainment. We didn’t find out until the end, that this was Adam’s first time as a cruise director and you couldn’t tell it. We really need to give recognition to all these wonderful people who made this week absolutely the best vacation on Carnival as of yet. Thanks everyone. ❤️

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

12 members of my family recently sailed on the Carnival Valor (2-6 August 2018) On 2 August, there was a table set up for people to complete a Carnival credit card application and get lanyards and bags for free. I (and many others in my party of 12) began to complete the application and I told the representative that we didn't want the card and asked if we could get a lanyard. I offered to give her $5 for a bag and a lanyard. She said, in order to get a free gift, you had to do the application but she said, "if you do not want it to be processed, then you do not use the correct information and it cannot process." I said, "You mean use random numbers for the SSN and DOB?" And she said "yes, just numbers and then sign".

She said, "It cannot process, but you get lanyard and bag." She said when they are processed and the name doesn't match the numbers like the SSN and DOB, then the application will not process and will be destroyed. I asked her if she was sure and again, she said yes. Several of the 12 people in my party and others standing around did as she suggested and she gave us the lanyards, Carnival bags, water bottles and we left. There were several other people standing around and she continued to suggest the same thing while my group was completing the application. It was never my intent to do anything fraudulent or to cause harm to anyone else. When she told me the application would not process but we could get the bag and lanyard, it seemed harmless and it made sense that it would not process if the name doesn't match the numbers.

On 7 August, My husband (Willie **) and I BOTH received a Carnival Credit Card issued by Barclay in the mail. On 10 August, I called the toll free number on the card and inquired on how I could have been approved for a the Carnival credit card. I explained what happened and the rep asked for the last four of my SSN and my DOB. To my surprise, the correct SSN, DOB and address are on file for the card that was sent to me but the incorrect SSN was on file for my husband. Additionally, there are excessive charges on the card that I did not make. In fact, I didn't make ANY of the charges. The card has not been activated.

Additionally, the charges are also on the credit card that I had on file for my sale and sign. I don't know how my personal information was obtained for this card, but however it was obtained, it was fraudulently done. I have canceled the card and reported it as FRAUD. I have contacted the rest of the people in my party and told them to contact the Barclay Card Fraud and Security department. My husband and I have both requested a copy of the applications used to process these cards. I can assure you that I put random numbers and did not put my correct Social Security Number on that application. I am also reporting this as fraud with the credit bureau(s).

Update: I have been in touch with Carnival representatives who have been in touch with Barclay. They told me the rep that was on the ship, denied telling people to put incorrect information. Although my husbands SSN was incorrect by each number being off by two numbers, SOMEONE at Barclay still approved and issued him a credit card. How did they know his credit score rated him getting a CREDIT card? He too has a credit card through Barclay. Did someone use the info that is on file for the card that he already has with Barclay? Barclay executive Devin stated that sometimes they use public records to complete the applications. That certainly doesn't seem right.

I did not put the correct information (SSN, DOB or address) on that application on the Carnival Cruise. I do however have another card issued by Barclay. Did someone look my information up based on a portion of the correct information that was on the application and match it to what's already on file? Barclay has stated that the applications were destroyed even though they told me that they would send me a copy in 7 to 10 days. When I called back, they told me they did not have copies because they destroy them after they put the information in the system. So in other words, anyone with anyone else personal information can fraudulently apply for a Barclay credit card in someone else's name and Barclay will not only approve it, but will also put charges on it before it is activated. This seems like a recipe for an identity fraud case.

I received a letter from Barclay stating that a thorough investigation had concluded that all charges were valid and the investigation is closed. SOMEONE at Barclay did something fraudulent for my husband and I to obtain credit cards. My children also completed applications but did not get credit cards. Why? Because their credit is not established... but my husband and I put incorrect information and had cards mailed to us and coincidentally, we have other cards with Barclay.

Why would the applications be destroyed? Anyone could have filled out this application using someone else's name and information. There were no forms of IDs requested or anything. I don't know how to prove that I did not write my correct information, but I did not. Carnival was told that everyone that was approved or disapproved got a letter on the cruise. Neither I or my husband received anything. I have talked to my other family members and none of them received any type of notification while on the cruise. Had we received anything while we were on the cruise, we would have addressed it while on the cruise. DO NOT SAIL ON CARNIVAL AND SO NOT USE BARCLAY CREDIT CARDS.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Just returned from a 7 day cruise out of Cape Canaveral. We sailed out of Florida. The third day of our cruise, mind you we were a family of 18, my eldest son 25 was attacked in the club. My son was at the club with my 47 year old sister and another passenger walked up on him, asked him if he was good, my son replied yea and this man elbowed him twice in the face. Security did not detain the man and I can only assume it was because he was not **. My son's drinking privileges were revoked along with his attacker. My family had to spend everyday seeing this violent man who hurt our loved one walk around and enjoy his cruise. My son did not defend himself because he was worried he would be thrown off the cruise and we were spreading my mother's ashes aboard the ship on Friday.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Just came back from a 4 day cruise on the Carnival Victory, Aug 27 thru Aug 31. This was far the worst cruise I've ever taken and Carnival would be on the bottom of my list to take another one. 1st lets start off with the customer service; it sucked, they never answered any telephones you would try calling and the phone would ring and then just go dead, so that mean you have to go and stand in that GOD awful long line just to get 1 or 2 questions answered. The information on events wasn't very clear or did they have enough entertainment for all ages, even on the carnival hub they never mentioned the caption's party, it just wasn't advertised, the only way I knew about it because I've cruised before.

Because I'm a business person and own a company I paid for the internet service package @ $10.00 per day and was never able to get online or even receive text while on the entire cruise, I couldn't even text other people that was on the cruise with me. The food was horrible, the dining room and buffet didn't have very good alternative selections. Never could order room service because they never would answer telephone. I have cruised with Carnival on two other occasions and the service was far better than my experience this time, my comparison to Royal Caribbean whom I have cruised on several other occasions top Carnival by 100%. Carnival just didn't do it for me at age 57. On the scale of 1 to 5 stars I would rate this cruise a 1. I feel I wasted my time and definitely my money, I picked this cruise because it was a bargain but I got what I paid for, a cheap low class cruise. BAD, BAD CRUISE, wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I ended up going on a cruise where my grandson got married. It was 4 hours late in getting into port. Then they had to clean the ship and rooms. Not good to be 4 hours late. We were all starving and I had never been on a Cruise so I didn't have a clue if you could get room service? I didn't know where anything was. I would never go again. Ever.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Booked airfare with cruise thru Carnival thinking it would make sense to book both with them. Our return flights from Ft Lauderdale to Chicago were fine but from Chicago to our final destination was cancelled due to weather. Carnival's policy does not offer refunds on Airfare. Took from July 4th to August 29th to find this out. I will never recommend Carnival again to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

The last cruise was very disappointing. The boat smelled like the sewer. The food wasn’t ever open when we were hungry and some places ran out of stuff. No real good shows etc. Carnival seems pretty money hungry and that’s it to tell the truth.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I paid for my grandson and daughter on the cruise and we all had a wonderful time. I have cruise with Carnival more than 10 times and it is a party ship, my grandson told me to book a cruise every year with them and he was so grateful.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

The cruise was disorganized, food was just AWFUL, (we all lost weight) we all had motion sickness. I was bit by a jellyfish and they had nothing to help me at the clinic. Thank God they played Bingo everyday or we wouldn't have left our room.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

The cruise was great until it was time to disembark. There was a medical emergency, so we had to go back to Cozumel. This caused our disembarkation to be four hours later than usual. I realize this was not the ship's fault, but it could have been managed better. Cookie, the guy who was making the announcements was speaking so quickly we could not understanding what he was saying, so we could not understand when it was our turn to disembark.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Carnival Cruise Lines has been the best experience I have had in my life. Entertainment, food, ports visited, were the best for me. Better than Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My first cruise was on Carnival. I was so in awe of everything! Everyone was so nice and helpful. I felt like I was in a dream! The first cruise is the very best!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We enjoyed our cruise with Carnival out of Tampa. Our cabin was clean and comfortable. Our attendants were professional, but fun. The food was delicious and plentiful. Some of the off ship excursing were excellent, but some misrepresented themselves. And the on board show were fair to mediocre. If Disney is a ten then Carnival is a 7 1/2.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Carnival is low budget quality and food quality not good. They try hard but do not succeed. I don’t feel I should be made to tip someone just because they say so, it should be my choice who I tip.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Ship was very clean and the service was exceptional. Entertainment was appropriate for the elderly and about 30 pre-teens. Staff was very helpful with the pre-teens and believe me 11 and 12 years old can eat a lot of ice-cream.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Carnival ruined cruises, I will never take another cruise again. The people who work for Carnival are foreigners and just plain rude. The food was not very good. We ordered room service (sandwich) best meal we had. Heavy pours of liquor in the morning hours, no liquor in drinks in the afternoon. Room was clean, but ship was filthy, trash and empty cups blowing all around the deck, urine all over the floors in the restrooms. Pool was nasty and the decor was like going back in the 70's. Overall bad experience, will never take another cruise with any carrier because how bad Carnival was, would rather fly to my next destination.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The cruise as advertised was overrated. The food was not quite as good as expected. The room was smaller than expected and the bathroom wasn’t cleaned well.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

For persons with disabilities there was no assistance, wait on long lines to be cleared and get to cabin. No accommodations for the disabled to linger too and locate shows, activities were geared for persons who ambulated without assistance. Getting on and off Ports was horrible again for the disabled. I was really disappointed, enjoyed being at sea, but when staff was asked for assistance, they looked at you as though you had “four heads.”

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Our family of 7 just got back from Carnival Vista Cruise on 8/25/18. It was a nightmare from day 1. They claim to be family friendly but toddlers are not allowed in any water activities. We were forced to stay indoors due to the heat. They don’t tell you that the little ones aren’t allowed to run through the sprinklers to cool off while enjoying any activities on deck. All they would say is “we do not accommodate the young kids”. That’s great, why not say anything when I called with questions a few times about the toddlers. They pay full price for NOTHING. They don’t eat much so what are paying for exactly? We felt stuck and robbed. Yes I could’ve dropped them off at the camp so that we could enjoy ourselves but this wasn’t about one or two having fun, this was supposed to be a “family” vacation.

Lots of people say, "Why bring children on a cruise?" Simple, because it’s advertised as family friendly. We didn’t book an adult only cruise for a reason. Room service menu had a minimal selection and they charge for early or late beverages. Buffet meals barely changed daily. This wasn’t our first cruise but it was our first CARNIVAL cruise. (And last.) There were other minor annoyances but these were the ones that disappointed us the most. Their staff were friendly and very polite.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Learning you have cancer. I booked my cruise in January 2018 and at that time I was very healthy. In April I was diagnosed with stage III lung cancer. July 7 I had my complete right lung removed and now going through chemotherapy and then I will do radiation. I canceled my trip September 7, 2018. I emailed them a doctor's note on the extent of my illness and they feel I don’t deserve a complete refund since I don’t know how much time I have and if I make it through all the chemo and radiation. Instead they give me a credit for another Cruise good till 2020. I called them on this and explained I gave them all the information and I’m very sick right now and they said which just upset me terribly but I could give it to anybody I want to - the cruise credit.

I’m talking about my life and they’re talking about giving my credit to somebody else. Shame on them. If I survive all this I will never cruise with Carnival again and I hope other people learn from this experience. There are exceptions to every rule and keeping customers happy is the number one factor. What’s your thoughts. I need feedback.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

It was amazing! This was our first cruise for my husband and me, and we can't wait to go again. We're planning our next destination with more family members to be in attendance.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Wonderful experience packed into seven days of relaxing, entertaining and fun filled activities. It addictive that a repeat trip is on the agenda. It is hard to imagine not going back.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The cruise was not too bad but onboard things were overpriced. I had to pay to use the internet to book travel pass to get home. Got a better deal off ship doing it myself rather than depending on the ship. Everything the ship offer was high-priced.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Carnival was great! Food was delicious! Lots to do on ship. Very good shows each night. Wonderful excursion options, although pricey. Best vacation ever!

Carnival Cruise Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Carnival Cruise Lines offers cruises with both family-friendly and adult activities.

• America's most trusted cruise line: Reader's Digest voted Carnival America's Most Trusted Cruise Line, as of October 2015.

• Cruise-a-Nality quiz: Before booking, guests can take Carnival's Cruise-a-Nality quiz online to find the perfect cruise.

• Shore excursions price guarantee: Carnival guarantees the best possible price on shore excursions and refunds 110 percent of the price paid if a lower price is found.

• Themed cruises: Carnival offers themed cruises based around popular TV shows, bands and activities such as dance.

• Great Vacation Guarantee: Carnival guarantees guests will love their vacations or get their money back. Any guest that decides the cruise is not what they expected and wants to leave within the first 24-hours is eligible for a full refund plus an additional 10 percent for the inconvenience.

• Best for: The Carnival Cruise liner is best for budget-aware cruisers and families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs