1.18/5
Based on 89 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1217 Carnival Cruise Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 8, 2018

Carnival needs to do something about the under age 21 year olds in the clubs. I understand that kids can drink at 18 on the ships but does that mean they should be allowed to enter the adult clubs under the age of 21. Older adults do not want to party with kids (children). We are on vacation and want to get away from kids. Carnival needs to rethink about age appropriate for clubs. Maybe extend the teen clubs to 20. Or have an adult only club for the ones who don’t want to party with the youngsters who are obviously out of control.

Next the food!! It was disgusting. Always had to reject my food. Especially the lasagna. Terrible. Still trying to figure out what that was. The shower floor was disgusting also. Sheets were never changed, nothing was dusted or vacuumed in our cabin. (TERRIBLE) One thing for sure Carnival made me sick of pizza. That’s all they have to offer after 2 am besides the 1 1/2 hour wait for room service. No more Carnival for me. Back to Royal Caribbean.

Original review: July 2, 2018

This was my first Carnival Cruise. The boat itself was a nice construction. The experience on the boat was boring during the day with activities beginning at 5pm around dinner. During the day, seminars, BINGO, Guess That Song game, and other boring activities. At Night, dancing, shows, comedy, and CLUE. People on the boat during the day mostly stayed in their rooms watching limited TV, read books, and/or completed word searches. The food was very bland, very little variety. The Specialty diner was great, but why should I have to pay more to have a decent meal. The hamburger was great. All of the ships are cookie cutters, with no variety as I have learned. I hope not. Cannot recommend Conquest.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 27, 2018

This was my fourth or fifth time cruising with Carnival. This was the WORST cruise ever. We were celebrating our 19th Wedding Anniversary and my sister's honeymoon. Food: The food was cold, dried out, and thrown together. I cruise with Carnival because the food is usually available 24 hours. Most of the entries were spicy which my husband and I couldn't eat. After returning from Bermuda port, the buffet was not available. We had to stand in line for pizza and/or deli sandwiches. There were ELDERLY citizens that said they couldn't eat pizza/deli sandwiches because of their dietary needs; however, they had to eat something in order to take their medicine. There was an elderly lady that had to be in her middle 70s attempting to stand in the pizza line. UNACCEPTABLE.

Dining Room: Basic entrees selections were available on the menu when in the past, cruisers could receive a large selection. If I wanted anything other than chicken or something basic, then I would have to pay additional for it. IN THE PAST, ALL ENTREES IN THE DINING ROOM WERE INCLUSIVE. Beverages: I had called Carnival to confirm that I could bring two bottles of wine because it was my anniversary. The Carnival agent assured me that I could bring the two bottles of wine; however, directed me to place one bottle in each CHECK-IN luggage.

When my luggage arrived, I received two letters in each of my luggage that the wine was confiscated and I could retrieve the bottles before the end of the cruise. When I went to guest services regarding the letters, I was told that the wine would be disposed of and that the letter was inaccurate. My sister/husband received the same letters. Four bottles of expensive wine was disposed of without compensating us. It was our anniversary and my sister's honeymoon!!! UNACCEPTABLE.

Sky Ride: The reason that we selected this cruise was because of the Sky Ride. The SkyRide was inoperable however, there was no evidence that the Sky Ride was ever installed. Stateroom: My stateroom was dirty. There were wine glasses on the balcony, dried wine spillage on the balcony with broken glass. There was hair on the desk, chair, bed, and in the bathroom. The carpet was dirty - not vacuumed.

Customer Service: TERRIBLE - I had asked staff questions or directions and they said that they didn't speak English. No service with a smile. The staff appeared to be unhappy, unfriendly, and unapproachable. I felt that as a guest, now that you have received payment in full, I didn't have a voice regarding my concerns, the service, or anything else. VERY DISGRUNTLED CRUISER!!! I WAS NOT TREATED OR FELT LIKE A VALUED CUSTOMER.

Casino: The smoke in the casino was UNBEARABLE. I had a headache, my chest was tight, my throat was raw, and I had difficulty breathing because of the smoke in the casino. I have never been so disappointed with Carnival. I have always said that "CARNIVAL IS THE FUN SHIP". MY NEXT CRUISE WILL BE WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN!

Original review: June 22, 2018

When we bought the cruise, the departure time was 4:30 p.m. 06/09/2018. However, Carnival changed the departure time to 3:30 p.m. instead without properly notifying us since we were on a tour in the Yellowstone Park. Therefore we arrived at 3:40 at the gate which had been closed already.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We cruised on the Carnival Spirit which was great except the cost of alcohol was over the top. Beer was $8.50 each, Wine by the glass was $12.50 per 150ml. They offer a wine package which is $189.00 for 5 bottles wine ordinary. If you didn’t buy the wine package then it cost between $44 to $48 per bottle for the same wine. Fares are cheap but they make it up on the alcohol. They don’t offer a drink package as they say the ship is registered as an Australian vessel which does not allow a drink package. As the company would purchase the alcohol at a discounted price it is an insult to be ripped off. The only solution is not to drink alcohol. We have sailed with Holland America & Star Cruisers which offer a drink package which is much better value. It is a shame as all the staff were excellent. We won’t be sailing with Carnival again because of the cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines?

Original review: June 6, 2018

I paid CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES over $1,600 for excursions in the Eastern Caribbean. One of the excursions I purchased was a 1 hour helicopter ride over the rain forests, in San Juan. We paid $520 for this, and when we got off the ship the excursion people met us and took us for a 9 minute, YES 9 minute!!!, ride over the city of San Juan (NOT A 1 HOUR RIDE OVER THE RAINFOREST - A 9 MINUTE RIDE OVER THE CITY OF SAN JUAN). I complained to the excursion people and they couldn't care less. I called Carnival after the cruise and they offered me a $25 credit per person TOWARDS A FUTURE CRUISE.

I AM DISPUTING THIS ON MY VISA CHARGE, AND WILL NEVER SPEND MONEY ON CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES AGAIN. I go on a cruise every year, and this was the first and last time I will ever give Carnival any money. This is extremely poor customer service. Additionally, the food, entertainment and room were less than average. Very disappointed in this vacation.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Cruisers Beware!!! Just got home from the worst cruise I have ever been on 5/31-6/4 Elation from Jacksonville Fl. From purchasing Worthless fast to the fun tags, forced to buy drink cards because my cruise mate did, purchasing a balcony upgrade and having NO air for almost the entire Cruise (got it back late Sunday or we just got used to the heat not sure). The desk persons being the rudest people on the ship with the exception of the Blonde female GUARD in charge of letting people into the Imagination dining room. Spent more time walking from end to end of the ship trying to fix all the things Carnival screwed up. I am handicapped and had to go to the desk every time we found something else wrong. We were listed in the wrong cabin on all the lists. Our dining time was wrong. Fancy night photo ops and service were well below any previous cruise. The A/C did not work.

In all the complaints of the air a fan was never offered (didn’t know I could have requested one). Just out of human decency you would have thought they would have offered one. Several cabin files complaints of A/C being out. Spent so much time exhausted from the heat or fixing the multitude of issues only got to see 1 show. The 9:00 comedy show (did enjoy it). Would like to have seen more including the rock and roll show and the other comedian. Until the 3rd contact by a group of us going to the desk, we were not acknowledged. Having the fast to the fun we had PAID for a special # to call with questions. They either did not answer or were so rude. I had to walk to the front of the ship to the desk to complain in person. And even then with 2 exceptions was met with, "We opened a case already" or "No, there is no one else you can talk to." My 4th cruise, my adult daughter's first. Scouting a place for vacation and Possible Honeymoon.

Original review: May 27, 2018

So this was my first time on a cruise... probably my last. It was ok, the staff and I mean everyone was amazing! Our waiters, our floor manager, the cruise director etc. were so friendly and wonderful! But they really can’t help the issues that need to be fixed, half the time the AC didn't work and our rooms were so hot! The pools were overcrowded because they cleaned them all the time (which yes you need to clean but not on prime times when people want to be in them, do it at night or early morning). The ship was so confusing and even though the doors were open to some stuff they made you walk around. It was little things that really were hard to not complain about, but my biggest complaint is how the debarkment started.

They need everyone out of the rooms at 8:30 am, they put everyone on the floors 5 and 9. It was jammed! Nowhere to move and we all wait till our “room floors” are called, well they allow smoking! In a closed off area with stale air and no place to go! We have kids, that is disgusting and not good for you. My little one got so sick she started throwing up everywhere! We stood for an hour and her being miserable and sick. It was disgusting and uncalled for! How can you let these people smoke in that area at this time! Go up to the top deck! Or let us stay in the rooms and call us by floor!? Well we finally got someone to let us off after I complained!

My poor two year old threw up all the way to the car, and thank God now she's fine! Nice way to end a cruise. :( I'm so dissatisfied and disgusted! Have some common sense, I choose not to smoke and apparently my kids cant handle the smoke and smell. Well that needs to change! Smoking should not be allowed in there with all those kids and people while waiting to get off! I will never take another Carnival Cruise again, what a cluster **! What if one of those cigarettes started a fire??? You are all sitting ducks with nowhere to go! Something needs to be done!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I went on a Carnival Sensation Cruise from 05/17/2018-05/21/2018. It was the worst experience of my life. We got on the boat at 11 am but was not allowed to go to our room until 1:30. When we first arrived on the boat it was pouring with rain and everybody was waiting in line for the 2 food options available. Since it was raining and we weren't allowed in our rooms, I sat in the hallway for 3 hours hoping the trip was going to get better. When we finally got into our room it was disappointing. We paid for a king size bed but what we got was 2 twin beds pushed together that continued to pull apart as the ship rocked. Our Cruise was schedule to tour Half Moon Cay and Nassau. The weather prevented us from visiting Half Moon Cay so we detoured to Freeport.

Online Carnival advertised beautiful clean beaches. I didn't get so lucky as to see where those pictures were taken. The port the ship drops you off at is a worn down industrial manufacturing junkyard. The Bahamas were hit by Hurricane Irma in September 2017 and it definitely shows. There is debris everywhere and no sign of renovations. Online they have the captivating title of WaterWorks included. "Carnival's onboard waterpark" it's actually 1 slide, 1 pool, and 2 hot tubs for 3,000 people. The water is freezing and if you manage to squeeze your way into the hot tub you will be accompanied by children screaming and splashing water into your face and drinks. Online they claim "The world you'll find yourself in is one of complete peace". This couldn't be further from the truth. More like you will find yourself stuck in the middle of a frat party with no escape.

There is no such thing as a good night sleep with drunk people wandering the halls at all hours yelling at the top of their lungs, children running up and down the halls, and your neighbor's toilet that never seems to stop flushing. If you are sober I do not recommend The Punchliner Comedy Club where you will listen to grown men complain about how nobody is laughing at their jokes. If you are sober I also do not recommend their food. Let's start with room service. Your breakfast is limited to the food you can find at the Dollar Tree: bagels, yogurt, cereal, and juice. Far from their "extensive room service menus". Their lunch and dinner free options aren't much better: Caesar salad, ham and cheese sandwich, or PB&J. Their room service menu is comparable to what you can find in your fridge at home. The restaurants are limited to The Dining Room, Guy's Burger Joint, Blueiguana Cantina, and The Carnival Deli.

4 restaurants may seem like a lot but remember you are eating 25 meals onboard. Those options become less appealing as the trip goes on. Plus they weren't amazing in the first place. I believe the cruise is hoping everybody gets drunk enough to not notice how mediocre the food is. Lastly terrible customer service. If you are not ordering an alcoholic beverage, the bartenders will ignore you because they believe you will not tip them. If you request to speak to a manager at guest services, they will give you the runaround as to why nobody can help you and why you must wait till after your cruise to file a complaint. I filed a complaint on 05/19/2018 and demanded to speak to a manager. The guest service representative gave me a number to call after the trip was over and said that was all he or anybody on board could do for me.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My son got a haircut on Catalina Island and was denied re-boarding by crew stating he was not the same person and that the person with his carnival boarding card was an infant. This was insane and turned into a complete nightmare!!! Then because I was upset I was told I could not board either and my other son had to stay in the ship with my daughter like I had no say. Then when I demanded my son get off and my luggage the sheriff was called to further humiliate and embarrass me. STAY AWAY from Carnival!!! This is a major problem that cost me a lot of stress and additional money for hotel stays because we had to stay on Catalina Island until our flight four days away!!! Horrible cruise line and they do not care at all!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Group trip was planned for Sept./16/2017, but due to a hurricane I was unable to take the trip. My lights were out for over 5 days and had a lot of cleaning to do after. I have called and tried writing to Carnival and did not get any results. Most of the group have receive credits on other cruise. This is not my first traveling with Carnival. I will like to get a credit to put on another trip. My group booking no. was ** Carnival Sensation. This was to be 5 days booked by Pro Travel Toni **, State Room U184. My VIFP CLUB # **. You have my e-mail on file. I get month advertisements and the mail. Hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We were very excited to attend this cruise. Unfortunately, it was very dirty and even after complaint to guest services, there was only a superficial cleanse and nothing else done. Their sheets were yellow stained, the beds weren't made when we arrived. The carpet and bathroom was dirty. After returning from the cruise I called and sent join picture to complaint and I was told there's nothing they can do. This is unacceptable, anyone thinking of going on a cruise should Absolutely Avoid Carnival!!!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I am motivated to rate this because I am having a problem with another line, which I have booked but not yet cruised on. Already they completely changed the itinerary for the worse. Made me appreciate Carnival, which I have cruised with twice. Carnival Valor, out of San Juan, and Magic out of Galveston. I like their food, both buffet and dining room. I also like their website, which is fairly easy to navigate. They just seemed efficient, fair to cruisers, had great staff, and had a real fun vacation vibe. I have another cruise booked with Carnival in October, and look forward to it. If things go as smoothly as before, I will be happy.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I booked a three-day cruise to Ensenada from Long Beach. The first night, a Friday, I was bitten by bed bugs. By the next night, I was bitten so many times all over my body that I could not sleep. Finally, at six a.m., I complained. I was told the room would be checked for insects and I was given a tube of anti-itch cream. By Sunday night, they said they found no bugs in my room, but they transferred me to another room. As it was on a lower deck with the sounds of splashing water everywhere, I declined. After the trip, I wrote to Carnival and reported the problem and produced six of twelve pictures of dozens of bites all over my legs and asked for financial compensation. Two days later, I received an email saying that my request for compensation was rejected because, it said, an inspection of the room showed no evidence of bed bugs. If you hate the thought of sleeping with bed bugs, especially on a vacation, you will find another cruise line.

Original review: April 24, 2018

This was our first cruise with Carnival after being on multiple cruises with another cruise line. We wanted to love Carnival as we now have children and they have the most sailings near to where we live, Port Canaveral. Our trip started with noticing a foul odor in our room. Housecleaning cleaned it, but the smell persisted. My daughter had a nighttime cough and I had headaches that seemed to rectify themselves when out of the room.

On the 6th day of our cruise, we walked into our room after a day at port to discover our bathroom floor was completed folded with sewer sludge. Both were drains flowing (shower and floor drain). It was 5:00 and we all needed to take showers so I tried calling room steward, then guest services. After multiple attempts and letting it ring over 30 times, I called room service who did answer the phone and tried to find someone for us. After 30 minutes a plumber came and snaked the pipes.

Then 15 minutes later a room steward came and used the towels from our room to wipe up mess. As he was leaving, I said stunned, "You are going to disinfect too right? Sewage is toxic?" He said, "Oh... You want me to spray?" Uhh... Yes? Wow. Another 15 minutes went by and he came back and quickly sprayed. By now we're almost late to dinner. My son was the first to jump in the shower. 5 minutes into the shower... he calls me... Sewage is again coming in through both drains and my child is standing in sewage. I called again, they sent another plumber, and we had no choice but to either starve or go to dinner filthy. We made the best of it as this was our last night.

We came back to the room and it was cleaned and a huge blower was blowing the carpet of our room. Apparently the sewage backed up into our sleeping area and damaged our clothes and shoes which were in this area. At this time I was in tears, and was never offered an apology from the cruise line or any type of sympathetic gesture. I filled out their survey after, thinking maybe someone would reach out to us. But again, nothing. I finally called their number and explained what happened and was told the best they could for me was a $100 onboard ship credit. Are you kidding me? This was a biologic hazard and my kids were exposed to other passengers' waste. We were breathing in sewer gases. Carnival clearly does not make things right, and from what I gathered on the phone, this was an everyday occurrence. Buyer beware. I will NEVER step foot on another Carnival Cruise again.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Booked a four day Carnival Cruise to Cuba on 4/8/18 to sail on August 9th. No other itinerary, just Cuba. Was subsequently informed that I would only be allowed to disembark from the shop in Cuba if I was part of an “excursion”. The excursions were expensive and seemed to be simply a tourist trap. Worse, when I had decided on the only one that met the ship's docking hours, I was told that it was totally booked and no other excursion available. When I complained I was told to “just get on the boat and maybe something would change”. I told them that this was nonsense and as all I wanted to see was Havana that I would have to cancel. Carnival allowed (?) me to cancel 115 days before sailing but would not return my $300 deposit. This is a blatantly criminal act - please don’t patronize these clowns.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was planning on going with my boyfriend in a cruise for my birthday. Unfortunately something came up and he couldn't go. We explained that to Caroline the travel agency representative, she said it was not possible to get a refund as the cruise was 2 weeks away neither get another date further on to sail. She suggested me going with someone else or alone if not nothing else was possible. They tell you things at first to try and sell you the cabin but after that they don't care about costumers anymore. They don't want to help and they change words and rules. Stay with the commission money Caroline. Karma will get to you.

Original review: April 19, 2018

CARNIVAL ECSTASY - On April 9th 2018 I cruised from The port of Charleston S.C. This Ship is old rust smelly. I went to Princess Cay Island. A flies all over the food very unsanitary. The Guy Fieri Burger I had a metal or stone-like object in my burger yes!!! Their bathroom near the Wing Star smelled so bad people were running out and the employee in the bathroom comes out of the stall with a red bio-hazard bag and had the nerve to spray something. I just walk out and used my bathroom in my room.

And Guest Services should be ashamed for very poor customer service. The P.A. system the only way to hear was to open my door. I someone I would use the word alleged taking some Pringles chips out my room. I reported all problems. I call corporate and they weren't any help. I wanted to speak with the owner and the Guest Services in Miami said there is no higher up and all she could do was give me a $50 Credit and replied, "I am not going on any of your ships." DO NOT TAKE ECSTASY. IT'S OLD AND SMELLY.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This is more of a mixed review and post of our personal experience aboard this ship, our cruise on our recent April 6th sailing and Carnival Corporate. Embarkation and debarkation couldn't have gone smoother and quicker. Food was not as good as when we first started sailing with Carnival in 2005, but it wasn't terrible. However some of the food at the lunch buffet on the Lido deck were the same things for several days in a row. We found no problems with the ship's layout and easily found our way around in no time, maybe this was due to the location of our room which was pretty centrally located, making it very convenient without being too noisy. The Carnival employees that we encountered, from our room steward, guest services, MDR dinner servers and medical personnel were very nice and helpful. And yes I did say medical personnel.

Despite our careful hand washing practices and use of sanitizers, unfortunately our 3rd day into our 8 day cruise, we contracted the dreaded NOROVIRUS. Btw you should know that those hand sanitizers are useless against norovirus according to the CDC. For those of you that have also had the misfortune to have had this, well, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you that haven't... LUCKY YOU, so I'll break it down for you. Think of the WORST FLU you have ever suffered in your life and multiply that by 5x. Constant run to the bathroom, not jog but RUN, hoping you can make it in time, sometimes you don't, while VIOLENTLY being sick at both ends at the same time, and this goes on for about every 10 to 15 min for about 24 hours. In addition to fever, hot and cold chills, body aches that you can't even imagine and weakness to the point where you actually pray for death.

We left port on Friday, sea day was Saturday, enjoyed grand Turk on Sunday and got off the ship to walk around a little on Monday in San Juan (did not eat or drink anything in the port) but by Monday night we started feeling the ill effects of this virus. After having gone thru the night as I described earlier, we barely dragged ourselves to medical on Tuesday at 7:30am, were given shots, medication and were QUARANTINED to our room until eventually cleared by medical on the last night of our cruise which was Friday night.

Medical told us to order room service for our needs and that was all well and good when you could get thru to them which was nearly impossible. Not that we were hungry as food is the last thing you want but we’re completely dehydrated. Our bottled water had run out and it was hours before we were able to get any more in addition to ordering ginger ale and Powerade which was recommended by medical. In addition while going thru all this my blood pressure spiked to 200/101 and medical wanted to monitor my blood pressure since it was dangerously high. So here's the rub, we missed our ports at St. Kitts and St. Maarten in addition to being able to enjoy our additional two sea days.

So our 8 day cruise actually turned into a 3 day cruise at the price of $3,000 to which Carnival Corporate offered us a whole $61.75 off to each of us toward a future cruise as compensation for what they deemed to be a 24 hour inconvenience. While we were sick at both ends for 24 hours, we were and currently are still dealing with the aftermath of this virus, which can continue to live in your system for up to 2 weeks according to the CDC and personal experience. My complaint is not with the ship or the ship's personnel but with Carnival Corporate. We had to order room service as mandated by Carnival medical and were charged room service gratuities and taxes, in addition to having to order additional water due to this virus which we were also charged for an order ginger ale and Powerade to help settle our stomachs and replace electrolytes and were charged for it!

When I contacted Carnival to complain, her response to me was and I quote "you can't prove you got it from being on the ship". To which I replied, “Well actually I can, we filled out our health questionnaire and were fine and didn't have symptoms until 3 days into our voyage.” Carnival rep then said "well there is an incubation period", I then replied, “NO ONE at home was sick before during or after our cruise, we left from home (which is only 1hour and a half from port Canaveral) and went directly to the port without stopping anywhere, and although we did eat on our excursion in grand Turk along with the other members of our excursion booked through carnival and we all ate the same food, none of them got sick, so the only common denominator is the ship!

And we were not alone at medical on this cruise as we saw plenty of other passengers in medical with us. Again her response over and over to me was "you can't prove you got it on the ship" and she refused to do anything more. We had friends that have used Royal Caribbean and while this did not happen directly to them it happened to some other passengers and they reimbursed those affected with 50% refund, 50% off future cruising and $400 onboard spending credit. Shame on you Carnival Corporate for not treating or caring more for your customers!!!

We were die hard loyal Carnival supporters, not only for ourselves but also being an advocate for Carnival to anyone and everyone we knew and talked to and this is how you treat us??? SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!! I know I'll probably get comments on here from some, about how I'm whining or whatever, and I hope it never happens to you, BUT until you've gone thru this horrific ordeal with this virus and very little if even any consideration or concern from the responsible party, then you have no place or experience to judge me. As I said earlier this was our personal experience with Carnival and not so much the employees but with the actual company itself.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The food was disgusting, worse than Hometown Buffet. We found hair in our food three times! The cruise was full of young children who turned the pool green. The children took over the spas & there were drunks everywhere. Only one restaurant. They segregated upper-class guests who were allowed to go to the nice restaurant. The ship bounced around the entire trip.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have been on several cruises in my life. 10 of us decided to go on the weekend Carnival Inspiration for my 69th bday. What a horrible waste of money and time. There was nothing good about it. The ship is filthy, the smoke is overwhelming, the food was not edible and the entertainment was laughable. The staff was rude and not helpful. The PURSER was a joke. No specialty dinner houses, no place to sit at the bars. The beds have sunken craters in the center of them. Pillows like rocks. Linens that smell of disinfectant. Please do not spend your hard earned money on this company. They need to scrap a few of their ships...the Inspiration and Imagination should be the first to go.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I filled out all paperwork for Carnival Cruise ship including my daughter being only 2 months pregnant. I did not see any other information about having a doctor's note stating this was true, nor do I remember seeing anything on website saying she could not board unless she had this note from doctor. Needles to say we live in San Diego and took the trip to Long Beach for boarding. I was never aware that we needed to have this famous note from doctor. We arrived on time and as they were checking our paperwork passports they requested the famous note from doctor. I said what note? they told me they had all information listed on their website which I never saw. Otherwise I would have never done this. We spent 4 hours on the road and were humiliated by representatives stating we should have read all information pertaining to pregnant women.

I wanted to surprise my daughter with the trip and I was the one with the biggest surprise by my whole family of 7 paying full price of $4700.00 and only getting $1000.00 because trip was canceled by the cruise ship personnel when we arrived. I would not recommend cruise ships to anyone, the customer service was terrible at explaining we could not board ship after paying $4700.00 and see it all go down the drain including fun, money, and surprise. Please abstain from taking any trips on Cruise Miracle, or Carnival. Unless you see the fine print which I never saw.

Original review: April 1, 2018

My wife and I arrived at the Port of Tampa at approximately 12:55 pm on Saturday, March 31, 2018, for our scheduled cruise on the Carnival Cruise Liner, the Miracle, which was departing at 4 pm. The porter that took our two luggage suitcases inadvertently had them loaded onto another Carnival Cruise Liner, the Paradise, which was also leaving that same day at the same time. I mention here that our luggage tags were clearly marked with the Carnival ship name Miracle. We became aware of the error about 10 minutes later, when the passenger coordinator indicated that we were on the Paradise check in line. We immediately notified the baggage supervisor. She indicated that they would search for the suitcases on the Cruise Liner Paradise, and when located would bring them to us, so that we could take them to the Cruise Liner Miracle.

By the time they located our two suitcases (at about 3:45 pm) we were not allowed to board the Cruise Liner Miracle, as they indicated that laws did not allow our boarding at that time. We spoke to the cruise line personnel (names would not be provided) and they informed us that “they were sorry”, and provided us with no recourse or option on their part. This occurrence was a monumental nightmare. This was our first cruise and we had planned this cruise starting on December 3, 2017, paid our $500 deposit on December 4, 2017, and paid the full balance, $2,149.22 on January 18, 2018. We were taking this cruise with our close family and friends. I cannot describe the extent of the mental stress and devastation this occurrence has caused my wife, me and my family.

Original review: March 30, 2018

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. So my children and I arrived at Galveston Cruise Port. At 3:40, and was not allowed to board due to it was past 3:30 boarding time. I had called Carnival at 2:40 to inform them that it was 3 major wrecks on the highway. That had us running behind. When I pulled up to the port a guy in a red shirt and 2 other ladies didn’t even attempt to provide customer service because they were too busy talking about personal stuff. When I approach them and asked where could I park to board the ship that was still at the pier. And didn’t leave until 4:00. They would not give me the information and had smiles on their face as if my frustration was funny.

So I asked if there was a restroom I could use and change my 2 yr old's diaper after drive 5 hours. They told me it wasn’t and to go to a Exxon gas station up the street. Because they run their business like the airport and we should of got there in time. I was in shock they said this to me and my 3 kids. They didn’t care about if I had a back up plan. And I was the only adult traveling with kids. I felt ripped off! I could see if we arrived after 4pm when the ship departs. Obviously Carnival you need to pay your employees more because they obviously hate their jobs and customer service is lacking.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We chose Carnival as our previous Carnival cruise was very good. With great efforts, we saved the money and paid months in advance, and travelled from South America to take this cruise. First of all, when we got to the port the staff receiving us at the entrance checking our reservations and the security personnel were not friendly at all. Secondly, when we got onboard, it was a smaller ship than the previous one, really old and the decoration is really outdated. Regarding the cabins, we had booked ocean view staterooms but the windows were completely covered in hard water marks, so there was not much of a view. The bathroom flooded every time we took a shower and the kids' beds (hanging beds) had clean sheets but the bed bases were extremely dirty.

Thus, when you have a hanging bed and another floor bed below that one (a room for 4 people), it is absolutely impossible to go from the farthest side of the bed to the bathroom in the middle of the night. There is absolutely no walking space in between the beds. My husband uses a CPAP sleeping machine so he used the side of the bed next to the night table and I had to kind of creep and crawl on top of him to access the bathroom (and obviously waking him up in the process), in addition to bumping against the luggage. Furthermore, being an old ship, it only has one plug in the whole room plus another plug at the bathroom. The one in the bathroom was not working ok, so It was hard to get all the family´s phones or computers charged with only one working 110 v plug.

My husband uses the CPAP sleeping machine which requires to be plugged, hence, when he was napping or sleeping there was no available plug. The quality of the food was bad in comparison with the previous cruise. Limited variety at the chef´s buffet. I wanted to eat healthy and the salad bar had very few options. There is nothing to eat with your coffee at 5 pm other than pizza, burgers or burritos or a sandwich from the deli bar, until the buffet opens back at 6 pm. We chose the late dining at 8.15 pm and we were kind of forced to eat in a hurry. As soon as you got to the restaurant they stalked you with the menu so you can choose your appetizer and main course (which is pre-made and just heated, as I believe, as it took no longer than 10 mins to arrive). Even when other family members were still finishing their dish, they stalked you with the dessert menu, so basically in 30 minutes you had an appetizer, a main course and a dessert.

When I am on vacation on a cruise I want to take my time to eat and enjoy my food while we have a nice conversation with the family. Regarding the trip, it was far from pleasant. There were some kind of bad tide or ocean currents conditions which caused the ship to heavily sway and move the entire trip (with the exception of a few hours the last night).This also caused the cabin wardrobe doors to bump all night, thus the movement caused something to hit the ship´s carcass, so it was very difficult to get some sleep with all that noise the entire night. Thus a couple of days after the cruise had finished, I was still dizzy after standing 5 days of continuous ship movement.

In addition, due to the ocean conditions, they changed the itinerary and we could not get down at Half Moon Cay because it was not safe to get people on the small boats to get down to the beach. They promised they would make it up with extra activities and more fun on board to compensate for the cancelled itinerary, which never happened. They added a couple of extra things but they lasted for half an hour each so there was not much of a difference or additional fun. The severe ocean conditions and winds were well known to the company well ahead, that is no rocket science. However, passengers were never informed us about this at any time and they still decided to sail off.

Lastly, on the day prior to arrival, they alternatively closed many areas of the ship as they were cleaning all day. Turns out the ship arrived next day at 8 am and was scheduled to sail back at 2 pm on that same day to Cozumel and other ports I don't recall now. We paid to enjoy the cruise for the whole duration of the trip and not for being bothered or not being able to access a certain area during a whole day. The loyalty and marketing strategies used by Carnival are far from professional as we just discovered. When selling the cruise, they promise you professionalism, fun, and a thousand wonders. But they really do not deliver that.

Instead they take advantage of the small letters in the contract and they are just interested in your money. They do not care for their customers at all and they will not give you any money back for any reason as they will always stay well covered, legally speaking. Apologies are fine, but they do not compensate for a bad vacation which you planned for a year and which took a great effort to pay for. They will not do anything else for you, making you wanting not to sail with them ever again, and of course, not recommending the line to a friend or anybody else.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have been Cruising with Carnival for years. I have noticed that they are merely a GREEDY money hungry company and don't give a crap about their guests. Although they act like they do they really don't. Let's start out with their VIP bs because that is what it is. You can spend thousands of dollars on their ships and you are never close to ever being VIP. Maybe they will give you a free cruise that you have to use within 90 days but is it a free cruise? Carnival has no loyalty. The money spent on the ship in the shops or casino clearly paid for that so called "FREE CRUISE". Then they give you a drink card so you can have free watered down drinks for the cruise as long as you're gambling but you can't get more than 15 watered down drinks a day... If you put a deposit on a cruise and can't go instead of them moving it for a future cruise you lose it. Then they re-rent the cabin to someone else so isn't that double dipping???

I get it if it was last minute but if they were able to re-rent the cabin you should be able to move your deposit to another cruise. DOUBLE DIPPING week after week. They sing that same BS song. They will miss you... Sure they will... Their employees are from another country and may or may not speak English so they don't even know what they are singing. Let's talk about the numerous of credit card holds they put on your card, my bank flagged my account for fraud because there were so many.

When it comes to Carnival they are all about the almighty dollar and really can care less about their guests, when you see security kicking and punching guests we have a problem. They are not cops and don't have the authority to put their hands on guests. I would imagine there will be plenty of lawsuits. Get your wallet out Carnival it is time for you to pay! When a company doesn't truly care about the well being of their guests that is when I have a problem, I put my life on the line when I float on their boat. How can I know they will protect me after all the BS they do. Don't feel safe anymore.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We just returned from a 7 day cruise aboard the Carnival's Pride. Be known to us the first night we went to our stateroom to find it was very warm. We tried to turn on the air with no success. We called guest services who sent the manager and then a technician. The technician said, "Okay it’s good". However upon him leaving it was still very warm, I explained that my husband sleeps with a CPAP machine and if he sweats the machine doesn’t work correctly and he will not be able to sleep well. That didn’t seem to be heard as this issue we expressed over the next 4 days all with no resolution so we are now on day 5 of my husband being miserable because he’s really had no sleep therefore leaving our cruise experience a disaster.

Finally after multiple complaints and nothing changing we were able to get a very small fan that did absolutely nothing and needless to say the room begun to smell from us sweating we would have to leave the balcony door open to get a little bit of air. This experience will be something that I can say will be the last experience I will have with Carnival given I don't ever plan on going again. Oh the resolution was a 300$ onboard credit. Really. We’ve spent over a few thousand for this experience. I will truly let all going to cruise don’t cruise with Carnival as they are not accommodating at all nor do they look out for their guests. Very disappointed as this cruise was my kids' very first cruise and we spent it basically without my husband because he was truly exhausted. I saved each acknowledgment that we were told. Basically they couldn’t do anything for us. Never again will I cruise with the company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I traveled with a group of 62 people on January 20th 2018 onto the Carnival Sunshine. The overall satisfaction for all of us is very unsatisfactory. This was my 3rd time cruising, and will also be my last. The ship was very outdated compared to the other carnival lines. To start our vacation off the stateroom we stayed in wasn’t clean. The bathroom shelves had at least 3 layers of dust on them, which throughout the trip they were never cleaned. Every time we showered my entire bathroom flooded. I made guest services and the stateroom employees aware of the situation. They told me “Yes it’s happening to everyone”. How ridiculous does that sound to you? It was disgusting that my bathroom floor was covered in filth. How does that make it a comfortable 8 day stay for someone?

Nothing was ever done about it to make matters worse. I had friends staying on the 8th floor and the ceiling was leaking from their room which made their bed wet every single day. Once again NOTHING was done about it. No one even apologized for the inconvenience!!! Excellent customer service Carnival, really I applaud you. We picked “Your time dining”. Worst decision ever, would never recommend it to anyone. We waited at least 40-60 minutes every single day to eat. Once we got in the dining, the menu was awful and the service was horrid. We never had the same waiter, throughout our dinner they would change from 2-3 people. No one provided the outstanding hospitality Carnival is known for. It was hard enough to even get them to bring bread or refill our drink. I was never asked if I enjoyed my meal, If I would like another item on the menu, how my cruise experience was going, didn’t ask my name.

The menu was highly disappointing compared to my other cruises, including the Lido buffet. The same things were offered almost daily, which everyone was sick of eating. Not just sick of eating but physically sick after eating the food, including vomiting and diarrhea. I’m paying over $1,500.00 for an 8 day cruise and then you want to charge me $200 in gratuity on top of that for that kind of service. Are you absolutely out of your mind? The staff was not hospitable at all, also most of them had a hard time speaking English and understanding what I was asking them. I would get in an elevator with a cruise employee multiple times throughout the day and they wouldn’t even acknowledge my existence by speaking hello, how are you, how is your cruise? If this is what you call good hospitality I truly am pitiful for the others boarding the next cruise you sail.

I am an assistant manager at a Fortune 100 company and if I EVER treated my customers how you treated us I would NOT have a job. I paid to go to Grand Turk, that was one of the places most people wanted to go to. There was at least 3,000 people on the cruise and you accommodate for 2 people. Sure I understand there were illnesses, but there were 2,998 people on that boat and we didn’t get a say in what was going on. We had to port at Amber Cove. Somewhere I had no interest in going. Meanwhile we get off at the port and Carnival owns the island we ported at and they wanted to charge me $60 one way to go to the beach. As If you didn’t racket enough money from me the entire cruise.

Every single thing you wanted to do was an extra charge here and extra charge there. You opened the gates “earlier” at 6am. When the sun hasn’t even risen yet, who wants to get off the ship at 6am when it’s pitch black in a country that’s A. Dangerous and B. No one even planned on going to in the first place. The evening activities were not as I expected either, there was nothing going on after 12am, and for someone my groups' age that was disappointing.

I come on vacation to relax and enjoy myself and I found myself more stressed and worried than I would of been at home. I am honestly so disappointed and sickened by the amount of money and time I spent planning this vacation. I will NEVER cruise again and I will NEVER recommend it to anyone. This was by the far the WORST vacation I have ever been on. The overall value of the cruise is a complete JOKE. I will NEVER waste my time, energy and money on a cruise again. For the amount of money spent I truly expected more. Very pitiful and unsatisfactory. Shame on you Carnival.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Before telling you of OUR experience on the Carnival ship Ecstasy, let me say this: 1. All the people complaining about not getting refunds for various situations. When you book a cruise months in advance, you are basically assuming nothing will go wrong that will necessitate a refund, which you won't get anyway. Carnival does NOT care what your situation is. They do NOT have a heart. They will NOT refund your money. Read your contract. They WILL lie to you. And no matter who you talk to, they won't honor what someone else told you. You have to go into it knowing that if anything goes wrong, you WILL lose your money, even if it's not your fault. It's the risk you take when booking a cruise.

2. Why would anyone book a cruise during hurricane season? Seriously, you have to know that there's a few months where anything can happen due to hurricanes. Your cruise can be cancelled, the trip can be re-scheduled at an extra cost to you, and they can change the itinerary without prior notice. They won't refund your money.

Our cruise began December 26, 2017 on Carnival's Ecstasy. I spent 12 years telling my husband about the fantastic cruises I've been on in the late 80's and early 90's, both Carnival cruises were on the Carnivale. So, we decided that our first vacation together would be a cruise. We were to leave out of Charleston, which is a 4 hour drive from us, and go on a 5-day cruise to Nassau, Bahamas. Imagine going to a huge Super Walmart store, complete with all the types of folks you typically see there. Shrink the aisles. Lock the doors. Imagine lots of children in every size and age, including infants. Now send that store out into the Atlantic Ocean for 5 days to the Bahamas. THAT is what our cruise was like.

It was NOTHING like the cruises I've been on in the past. Nothing. It's as if they figured that since Walmart people were going to take those cruises, they were going to cut back on all the luxury and special things. It was all a big floating cafeteria. And it even FELT like a Walmart... The staff do not understand what you are asking, no one has the answer, not everything is available, everything is a cheap / watered down version of what you expected, etc. Our room itself was fantastic...really spacious and a huge bathroom with a great shower. They had a TV, which wasn't on cruise ships in the past, and they had 3 versions of CNN. No thanks. We want to get AWAY from fake news, brainwashing, and all the hate. We had no other news source except for local news from Florida. Well played, liberal agenda, well played.

And cruise ships are known for their bars. Good Lord... All those people couldn't wait to belly up to the bar, even in the mornings, and drink constantly. Happy Hour begins at sunrise, apparently. My husband and I don't drink, and we stayed away from all that. Also, imagine this 'floating Walmart' with a poorly-run daycare, and no one is in charge. Those families allowed their children to run all over the place, including screaming at the top of their lungs, and they didn't care... They could tune it all out. The rest of us could not. It was nothing but jumping, stomping, screaming, chasing each other, and running into people. The children also took over the hot tub even before leaving Charleston. The adults couldn't enjoy the hot tub during the entire trip.

The 'easy access foods' were like eating in a cafeteria. It was horrible. Cruise ships were KNOWN for their superb foods. Not anymore... At least not the Carnival Cruise Ships. No more famous Midnight Buffet, either. I have pictures of the legendary feast from long ago. We did eat a formal dinner one night...and it was wonderful. My steak was cooked to perfection. But the rest of the foods that were available all day and night sucked...for the most part. A few things were tolerable. Guy Burgers are outstanding. I highly recommend them. The pizza was more like a burnt flour tortilla with a spoonful of tomato soup and less cheese than you'd put in a mouse-trap. And I swear you could see right thru the pepperoni.

From the first hour we boarded the ship we were praying for it all to end. We wanted to go home. Also, the ship rocked the entire time. The waters were incredibly choppy. It didn't bother my husband and I. We didn't get sea-sick at all. But others did. They were green in the gills, let me tell you. We felt bad for the drinkers, though. But seriously, those waters were rough. The ONLY time we weren't rocking was when we were at the docks in Charleston before leaving and in Nassau, Bahamas when we docked. That's it. All the other times we were really rocking. If you easily get seasick, please be aware that this can happen.

We decided not to leave the ship when we were in Nassau. We just wanted to get away from the loud kids and rude people. It was our only peaceful time, except for the parents who also didn't leave the ship...and they let their children run wild. So, as my husband and I sat out on the deck of the ship and took pictures and videos, I have to hear those loud-mouth kids screaming on EVERY VIDEO every time they are viewed...forever. Thanks, over-indulgent, negligent parents. YOUR right to bring your kids ruined OUR right to enjoy the cruise we paid for. And I wasn't the only one to feel this way.

Have you ever actually watched paint dry? This will be your experience if you need to use the internet cafe for any reason. It took 34 minutes for a 2-sentence email to load. This ship should have been called 'Cruises With Cell Phones'. No kidding... My husband and I were the only two people WITHOUT a cell phone. Everyone else did nothing but tinker on their cell phone. Everyone spent their time looking down at their phones, even the children. Apparently you could get phone service for a fee and everyone signed up for it.

"Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink!" Yep, all the booze in the world, along with bland lemonade and flavorless iced tea, but bottled water was not only hard to find, but incredibly expensive. You mostly found them in the bar area. Cokes were even harder to find. I had two during the entire trip. While on your floating 'Walmart Hell Ship', pick out a skinny white guy with the worst voice EVER. Make sure it's whiny, nasally, and annoyingly high pitched. Now, let HIM do all the talking in a very loud microphone for all the Bingo games, trivia games...and all other games that were scheduled. My husband and I made it a point to be as far away from him as possible...like on the other end of the ship.

The Cruise Director. Brittany. OMG, she's worse than the Bingo caller. She's hyper, super excited, chipper, perky, and the most positive, optimistic person on the ship and she wants everyone to know it. She also possesses a voice that is a full 6 decibels higher than a teenager at a Beatles concert in the 60's. It was DEAFENING. She, too, did all her talking and sonic-screeching thru a VERY loud microphone. We wanted to put forks in our temples. Needless to say, we stayed far, far away from her.

And the food. As I told you, it was bad, unless you were in the formal dining room at your scheduled time. You could also order room service. We didn't bother. We were coming down the hallway one evening and not only did the occupants of the room across from ours set their food tray out in the hall, but they literally puked on the floor right next to it. It was there for a few hours.

Overall, the ship wasn't clean. It's very old and shows its age. The mattresses sagged like hammocks. Seriously. The pillows and sheets and blanket were okay. But those mattresses were horrific. I can remember on the Carnivale all those years ago, every night the cabin steward would not only turn down your bed, but also place a mint on your pillow and turn on your night light. It was so nice. They really used to spoil the passengers. On the Ecstasy we only saw our cabin steward about 3 times, in passing. He was a nice guy, but aging and we really didn't want to bother him. He looked like he could use a nap. The other workers...they would smile, they were nice, but their eyes had that 'thousand yard stare'... The lights were on, but no one was home. They looked dog-tired.

Also, our room was next to a 'crew area only' room. It was like sleeping next to the coal furnaces of the Titanic. If you've seen that movie, you know what I mean. It was as loud as a jet engine, constantly. No let-up. And the ship was rocking so much in the choppy waters that we could hear glass bottles banging into one another in that 'crew room'. It was awful. Woke us from a dead sleep. Also, the crew went into that room off and on all night clanging carts and whatever else they needed. They gave no regard to anyone sleeping. One night it sounded like someone was banging a metal pipe against another metal pipe. It picked up speed and pretty soon it sounded like the cowbell in the song Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult. It was actually almost cool... But again, it woke us from our sleep. There were times the crew were so loud in that room I began to think they were all riding electric floor buffers for sport.

Night entertainment. Think of the worst singer you've heard. Give him a guitar and a job on a cruise ship. Now, put that bad voice and guitar playing thru a loud microphone. And let him sing Michael Jackson and Prince songs...a LOT. Here's the rule...you cannot kill him OR yourself. Everything is geared towards drinkers, gamblers, and kids. If you don't fall into those categories there's not much else to do. The ship I've sailed on before, the Carnivale, at least had movie theaters and other activities for those of us who didn't want to see 'hairy chest' contests, or hear bad voices thru microphones...LOUD.

All those years I've told my husband about how great these Carnival Cruises were...and this one was horrible. It's the people. It's today's rude society. It's all the changes on the ships. The cruises are scaled down and now it's like a big 'come as you are' party. There's nothing special about it anymore...at least not on the Carnival Cruise line. People no longer talk and meet others and make lifelong friends who meet and take cruises every year... They are all on their cell phones. Yes, we tried talking to others. It didn't take. People just wanted to get back to their cell phones.

Also, the closer you get to the end of your cruise, the more the photographers set up MANY backdrops, lights, and cameras all over the place to lure you in for lots of pictures. They really, really push for people to get their pictures taken. We opted out and didn't let anyone take our pictures. I bought postcards on the ship... They only had postcards for the Grand Turks. They were only 10¢ each. Lanyards for holding your 'sign and sail' cards are $9.00 each. So, yeah, typical over-priced items, except for the postcards. Not a lot of things to choose from in the gift shop.

We were SO GLAD to get back home. We actually had to go to Walmart for a few things that I can only buy there. It felt as though we should nod and say 'hi' to everyone, as if we just saw them on the ship the day before. And to all of you families who want to bring your kids on the ship, even the ones that are way too young to ever remember it, try to think of how OTHER passengers feel. It's not all about YOUR KIDS and YOUR RIGHTS to bring them.

Not everyone thinks your kids are amazing and cute. Not everyone wants to be interrupted with your children screaming, running, and taking over the hot tubs, which prevents OTHER paying passengers from enjoying them. We paid for our tickets, too...and it wasn't so we could deal with other people's kids. Lots of parents are busy drinking and doing their own thing while their kids are bothering other people. It's not what we paid for or signed up for. But, it IS a lot like being in Walmart... THOSE parents allow their children to be obnoxious, too.

And yes, we cruised on the day after Christmas... The kids were off from school. But good Lord, if you HAVE to bring them, stop allowing them to annoy and ruin other people's cruising experience. Just try to think outside of yourself and put yourself in the shoes of the other passengers. Try to imagine someone's romantic moment or a proposal being interrupted by YOUR kids. Try to imagine all the videos being made that had YOUR kid's big mouth screaming on them. People didn't pay good money to go on a cruise and deal with YOUR kids. My husband and I will never take a cruise with Carnival again. At least I still have my memories and photos of when this USED to be a fantastic cruise line.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

My friend, my son and I took a cruise in April on the Carnival Fantasy cruise ship. We were supposed to go to Cozumel but the ship had a problem. We were promised 1/2 off the cruise and 1/2 off our next cruise if we stayed onboard. We booked a cruise for March 2018, still being promised the 1/2 off. Yesterday, I was going to pay the remaining portion of the cruise and was told we don’t get 1/2 off. Customer service was awful. I spoke with 3 different people who seemed unknowledgeable and didn’t care that Carnival had completely lied to us. We had to pay $150 to cancel the cruise. They wouldn’t even waive the fee. As for the ship itself it was horribly outdated, the pool was too small and the food not very good. We will never go on another Carnival cruise!!!

Carnival Cruise Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Carnival Cruise Lines offers cruises with both family-friendly and adult activities.

• America's most trusted cruise line: Reader's Digest voted Carnival America's Most Trusted Cruise Line, as of October 2015.

• Cruise-a-Nality quiz: Before booking, guests can take Carnival's Cruise-a-Nality quiz online to find the perfect cruise.

• Shore excursions price guarantee: Carnival guarantees the best possible price on shore excursions and refunds 110 percent of the price paid if a lower price is found.

• Themed cruises: Carnival offers themed cruises based around popular TV shows, bands and activities such as dance.

• Great Vacation Guarantee: Carnival guarantees guests will love their vacations or get their money back. Any guest that decides the cruise is not what they expected and wants to leave within the first 24-hours is eligible for a full refund plus an additional 10 percent for the inconvenience.

• Best for: The Carnival Cruise liner is best for budget-aware cruisers and families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs