2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

Car Hire UK Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Car Hire UK?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Car Hire UK?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I booked a car with this firm in Oct 2019 for Sept 2020 and made full payment at the time of booking (I live in Australia). Due to coronavirus the Australian Government prohibits international travel so I emailed Car-Hire-UK in April and July 2020 saying we would not be able to travel. They have not answered any of my emails. I cancelled the booking online through their website and again asked for a refund. Still no reply. What do you have to do to get this company to respond and repay my nearly $AUD1,800??? Guess it is now for the lawyers to sort out.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Had amazing price. There is no deposit payable either and this company was recently featured in the Guardian news as a top car rental company due to it not taking any deposit and including the insurance as standard, so you just pay the rental package, but think they are becoming a victim of their own success. The phone lines really busy. Caller 34 in queue however email responses within the hour so better to email, overall found the service honest and reliable. The car nice with GPS but phone line's a letdown, but would use again.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 3, 2019

This rental had been arranged in the U.S. through Orbitz and prepaid. In addition, I purchased collision insurance, in advance, through Allianz. I had reserved a VW with room suitable for our luggage. When we arrived at the office, I asked how to redeem the 10 pound bus fare paid for transport from Heathrow as described in GreenMotion's literature. Don't expect this to happen without a lot of work on your part. You have to scan your bus receipts and email them to the company's e-address. Then they could not "find" our reserved car.

After at least 30 minutes, they offered us a Mercedes C300...dirty, more expensive to drive, no GPS. And this is after they refused to honor the collision insurance I had bought, forcing me to buy theirs. There was scant instruction on this car loaded with all sorts of switches (no GPS though), they did provide an ancient TomTom GPS but the attendant couldn't get it working. I asked for driving direction Heathrow to Cambridge. They were wrong. Please please save yourself grief and tears. Stay away from GreenMotion.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Phone lines crazy busy. But overall we had an excellent experience, we used the arrive and drive and this is the best thing about it. No shuttle bus or queuing at the counter. You just go to vehicle. Awesome. Bit of pain as we booked a Focus and got upgraded to a C class Mercedes which was nice but fuel cost more than the smaller car.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Call centre a nightmare - long waits, really busy, but if you book the arrive and drive was brilliant. Great service, car was perfect and the staff very helpful and nice. We enjoyed our trip and the great little new car we got. Awesome. If you have a problem write directly to the head office in Ellenslea Road St Leonards On Sea TN37 6HX. You get faster response.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

This company took a $1200 deposit (600 pounds) and would not give me the deposit back. After many emails and phone calls (middle of the night for me)... Nothing. The man I spoke to wouldn't put me through to accounts and got quite irate with me. Finally, after 10 months my bank agreed to refund me because initially the Car Hire company emailed me a chargeback. My saving grace. If you look at the Business address of this firm, it looks like a tiny shed. DO NOT HIRE FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have booked cars from this company before but on this occasion it was a nightmare. I booked a car for 5 days for €78.13. I could not use the car that I booked so I was offered an alternative. I asked to take insurance. The agent of the company who had dreadful unrecognizable english never explained what the costs would be so when I got my Visa bill I was horrified to learn that I was charged €436.10. I could not read the amount that I was charged on the signing slip as the amount was not clear. This was never explained to me. This was just a simple rip off. The company were not responding or refunding a rip off. Buyers beware. Stay clear of Green Motion Manchester Airport.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I booked online with this company, car hire for a two week period in January of 2018. Paid the required £600.00 deposit etc. On arrival at LHR was met and directed to my little car (quite old I might mention). On returning the car to the long-term car park as requested and contacting reservations as required I stupidly forgot in my rush to take pictures! It is now middle of March and still no response to my many emails, live chats etc. Even had my son phone from the UK! They now claim that there was damage to the car (no way was there) and that I should take it up with my insurance company. I was to receive documents etc, however the silence is deafening! I will be taking this all the way... PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are very unprofessional to say the least.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Do NOT hire from this company, took deposit of £250 and still not had it returned despite many emails. I am now taking matters into my own hands by reporting this company to every official body I can find including police fraud, trading standards, insurance fraud investigators, I.O.D, newspapers local, national and international. I also own a web address called ** and am in the process of building this site. I am actively using social media to get the word out about these people. Maurice William ** of Swan Meadow Main Street Beckley Kent TN31 6RN you should be ashamed of yourself. It's now not about the money. It's about stopping these people from scamming anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I am seeking advice regarding how to go about getting my deposits re-funded as they currently hold 2 for a total of (750 GBP)! I have rented with them on a few occasions and the service prior to the trip, meet and greet etc has always been excellent, but have always struggled to get deposits returned. However they are so much cheaper. It has always been worth the numerous emails and phone calls. However I do not seem to be getting anywhere at the moment and wondered if anyone has a physical address for the office or has a solution as we live in Singapore. Here’s hoping!

Car Hire UK Company Information