3.88/5

21 Busch Gardens Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

I have been trying to order 6 fun passes for 4 hrs!! I have tried over and over 3 different credit cards. I called my card companies and no problem with my cards. System keeps cancelling order!! Tells me problem processing my order; try again LATER. Very frustrating and mad especially since we wanted to go tomorrow July 4th.

Original review: July 2, 2019

If you are plus-size (16 and above), please reconsider coming here. I am a US size 18 and I have never had issues fitting on ride seats before. My hips/butt did not fit on 50% of Busch Gardens roller coasters, and a staff member was very rude to me after having to leave a ride because of it! I also reached out to Busch Gardens via email after my visit there, and they did not apologize or validate my experience at all - they simply told me that it wasn’t their problem. Do better, Busch Gardens! Be more size inclusive!!

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Parking was a disaster. Not enough or the right people directing us, one lot was full and still letting people drive in. Took over an hour to park and after driving over hour from Orlando we were not very happy and on top of paying for all our tickets $25 for parking was way overpriced. Theme Park was not as clean as all the other parks and food was not the best. Does not compare to any park in Orlando, I use to go to Busch Gardens almost every year back in the day with all my family and now coming back after 12 years we are very disappointed.. ☹️????

Original review: May 12, 2019

We visited Busch Gardens on 5/12/2019 and I have to say it is the worst experience at a theme park I have ever had. My son is in a wheelchair and the staff was almost bothered by the fact that we need help to accommodate him. The staff was incredibly unhelpful and the experience was was very poor. The rides are difficult to find and there is no logic on where they are or how to get it the entrance. I will never take my family to this park again. I assumed it would be like Universal or Disney and was sadly disappointed. It was a waste of early $700 that I could have used for another day at Disney or Universal Orlando.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My family and I visited the park on a 01/31/2018. The lines were short and we were able to ride the Cheetah Hunt 3 times. Unfortunately the 3rd time we rode the ride, my phone slipped from my inside jacket pocket and fell out during the ride. I take full responsibility for this. I was upset but after speaking to a staff member that was working the roller coaster, I was assured that this happens all the time, and they find them 9/10 times. I was told to stay until the park closed (6pm) and the supervisor for the ride would speak to me and then the team would go out and look for it. I waited until the ride was shut down, and spoke to the manager.

I had high hopes that this would be a speedy recovery because I had a satellite image of the exact location and part of the track that I had lost it on, and an Apple Watch that would connect to the phone once you are close, and a feature that would actually make the phone ring so that you are able to find it. After speaking to the very rude and uninterested supervisor of the ride, she told me she could not use my satellite location, nor could she use my Apple Watch to ping it because "she wasn't going to walk to the front of the park, and I wasn't allowed to stay there" I was extremely upset after the way I was spoken to, and proceeded to the lost and found window.

The man there seemed very uninterested. I advised him that the woman from the ride told me to go to lost and found, and wait for them to radio to tell them if they found it or not. He told me that they "may call, they may not call." I would just have to wait there. After waiting for 25 minutes, he started closing the window, I walked up to the window very upset and asked him if he could radio the supervisor to see if they had found it. They hadn't. I asked if I could fill out a form and leave my contact number in case they find it, and he said no, they do not take contact information. I attempted to reach them 5 times the next day to see if I could fill a form out, and was not able to reach anyone. Again, I take full responsibility for losing my phone on the ride, however, I do not appreciate the way the staff handled a situation regarding a very expensive item that could of been found with little effort if they would of used my resources.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Busch Gardens?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

As a family who visits the best zoos and aquariums around the country, we recognize when animals are well cared for and when they are under stress. Many of the animals at Busch Gardens in Tampa were clearly suffering from stress during our visit today. It was disheartening to see the cheetahs acting out. When we saw a wallaby in the middle of a walkway surrounded by at least 10-12 people so close to it with their hands all over it so there was no room for it to move away (clearly not appropriate treatment for animals who should be allowed the freedom to leave a situation if they want), the keepers just ignored our concerns. That would NEVER have happened at any of the other 40+ zoos we have been to.

Animal species used to be more numerous, they have been replaced by rides and money making opportunities by this amusement park. Not worth coming here if it’s animals you want to see. The safari was interesting, but I would rather spend more $$ and do a behind the scenes tour at Disney’s Animal Kingdom where I can see the animals are treated well and I know the $$ is going towards conservation, not to line a corporation's pockets.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We saw the admission price for a one-day pass as $89.99 online. When we got to the park and bought tickets through a kiosk, we were charged $104.99. After calling customer service, they said the $89.99 price is only if you buy online. I took her to the website and made her aware there is not one reference to the higher price if you buy AT THE PARK! If 1,000 people used the kiosk on one day, Busch Gardens just made $15,000 extra! Unbelievable!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We fell for the annual pass sales pitch, bought three of the more expensive annual passes, because each pass would come with an additional three free passes (we thought there were only two passes per ticket, but phone rep admitted there were three, so definitely not something imagined). The contract was set up as an annual renewal, that simply charged our credit card for the next five years. Basically no auto-renewal after automatically renewing those first five years. Working a lot and not being able to get away and go, still worked out to be financially sound, especially with the free passes that they promised. Ideal to bring friends when we could manage to bring them together.

Understand that we are still in our first year of the contract. Today we called up to ask how we get our free passes. This was met with a response that IF WE UPGRADED OUR PASSES, then they would give us the free passes. Excuse me?! What?! My wife went around and around with them on the phone. Come to find out that Busch Gardens had changed the contract under us and would only give us the free passes, that we were originally promised, if we upgraded. Further dialog led them to concede that they would make everything right, but ONLY if we paid the setup fee for a new contract.

We originally moved from San Diego to DC Metro area, and had fancy annual passes with Sea World (same company), and they did precisely the same thing when we were in San Diego, but we were moving and so we let it go. We have been loyal members/customers for many years, so it is very disheartening that they repay that loyalty with attempting to charge us even more money for what seems to be completely their fault. Really just hoping that more people become aware of this before they pay all kinds of money on a contract that they will no longer honor. Wish we had the bucks to take them to court, but the time and money required is extremely prohibitive. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Just as a word of caution - even though your ticket, parking and discount drink cups are good for both parks, the All Day Dining is NOT good for both. Got screwed paying $37 just for lunch at Adventure Island (not very good food) as I thought the wristband (they are identical for both parks, nothing stating good for only one park) would be good to hit dinner at BG (much better food). The staff at AI told me yes it was good for both, but when I got to BG, it didn't work. Then the front gate manager was like "oh well, too bad". At Disney and Universal, the all day deals are good for their respective parks for that whole day. Doubt I'll be going back to BG/AI ever again.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Park closed down because of thunder and lightning. Announcements were made that stores, attractions and monorail would be closed until thunderstorm was over. Customers were left to find their way in the storm, dark and rain. There were no staff to ask for assistance for layout of the parking light. No maps of layouts of lot provided. Had There were parents pushing strollers and running with small children and babies trying to find their cars in the dark and rain. There were no staff to support customers from one parking lot to the other. The only way to see the walkways was from the cars coming toward crosswalk.

If there is an emergency, customers are screwed. When we found a staff member, there was no contingency plan for the safety of the customers. Staff talked about how they were not allowed to be outside during a code purple. We were finally pointed in a direction of the lot by a store clerk and told to keep walking until we find out car. Will never go to Busch Gardens again because of lack of safety for customers. Crossing the parking lot was very dangerous, because you couldn't see people until they walked out from behind bushes. If a child got loose they would have been hit by a car. Very scary.

Busch Gardens expert review by ConsumerAffairs

When this park opened in 1959, visitors to the Anheuser-Busch attraction could sample beer, explore a garden with tropical birds and take the Stairway to the Stars to the top of the brewery. Now, about four million people a year visit the park, which features more than twenty rides and a variety of exotic animals.

• Animals: Busch Gardens is home to one of America’s largest zoos, which houses hundreds of species of animals, including 30 on the endangered species list. Special tours are available to guests who wish to get a behind-the-scenes look at some of the zoo’s most popular species, like the Bengal tigers and elephants. Visitors will also learn about the park’s involvement in conservation efforts that work to protect animals all around the world.

• Late nights: Every night between mid-June and early-August, visitors can enjoy Kinetix, a live show with acrobatic performances followed by fireworks. During this time, guests can also ride the several of the park’s attractions, which gives them the chance to see the Busch Gardens lit up at night. On Fridays and Saturday, the park stays open until midnight.

• Dining Pass: While several parks offer dining plans for season pass holders and/or for individuals who buy multi-day tickets, Busch Gardens offers a single-day dining pass. The All-Day Dining Deal is valid at multiple restaurants throughout the park. With it, guests receive one entree and one side item or dessert and a fountain beverage or bottle of water once every hour.

• Tampa Bay CityPASS: Visitors can book vacation packages through Busch Gardens. With the Tampa Bay CityPASS, visitors receive admission to Busch Gardens as well as four other local attractions: The Florida Aquarium, the Lowry Park Zoo, Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Chihuly Collection or the Museum of Science & Industry. Vacation packages also include hotel accommodations.

• Adult Beverage Options: Several of the restaurants in Busch Gardens serve alcohol and some have a full bar. The annual Food & Wine Festival features 120 wines, craft brews and cocktails as well as foods created specifically for the event and paired with the perfect beverage. The spring event also includes live entertainment.

• Best for: Busch Gardens’ variety of activities make it great for all age groups, including young adults, families and retirees. Its attractions will especially please thrill seekers and animal lovers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs