Consumer Reviews and Complaints
Can anyone tell me which item is larger? I'm at Busch Gardens and have been told If I want to ride a ride I MUST pay $2 to store my purse in a locker, whereas they have bins for men to place their hats, wallets, keys etc for free. I even saw men with sling bags and fanny packs allowed to utilize this option but I was denied not once or twice but on every single ride. I purchased a locker for $10 for the day to store dry clothes and shoes just in case it rained. They want me to pay an additional $2 per ride because I am carrying a purse that is smaller than a teenager's baseball hat? Universal Studios offers free lockers while you ride, Disney has free storage options, Cedar Point has free storage options. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is not only greedy but their policies are sexist. If you are a woman I recommend ANY other amusement park to go to.
I'm from Brazil. On 27th December I bought, for me and my family, Busch Gardens' Dining Deal and I became very disappointed. The restaurants included in All-Day Dining Deal (there are only a few restaurants included) were always full. All day long! OK, maybe one thinks that this is not a problem, but at 18:40 (the park was going to close at 10PM) we went to one of the restaurants (Zagora Cafe) and there were many problems, and I quote: only one part (out of three) of the restaurant serving food, a huge line, no fruits for dessert (my wife is diabetic). The sodas were already in the cups with ice (not sodas anymore - almost only water = melted ice). I took many pictures with my phone. I decided not to eat there and, then, I headed to another restaurant, the Serengeti Overlook. The situation was a little bit better, but, still, no fruits for dessert.
Well, what can I say? I'm very disappointed and I will never buy this "Dining Deal" again. It's not a good deal. I sent an email to Busch Gardens' Guest relations and the answer I got from them was ridiculous. They suggested me, for instance, that I eat at non-peak times. Well, It's simple. I just have to convince my stomach to wait until the lines are OK. They also told me to ask one of their ambassadors to help me. When?! After I left the park? When they sell the Dining Deal, they never say such things. Otherwise, nobody would buy. Well, That's it. I strongly recommend everybody not to buy the dining deal. It's, in my opinion, a very bad deal.
I had a very good time despite the HOT WEATHER. My Son really enjoyed himself because there was so much for him to do. Next time I go it won't be during a Family Reunion, but a SOLO Family Trip. I will also probably go during the off season when the weather will be more desirable.
Employees were absolutely wonderful. So many things to see and do. There were so many things to appeal to all age groups. Great delicious food choices, relaxing rides for older adults, exciting rides for the younger people in the group.
The park was very clean and kept up. The park had more rides and things to see. The hours of the park were long enough so we did not feel rushed. The free beer was great on a hot day!!! This park had almost everything, from roller coasters, animals in their natural habitat, water ride, free beer. What more could a family want? I would go again if I had a chance.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Busch Gardens?
- 848,010 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Busch Gardens is a great place to enjoy time with your family and enjoy all the attractions that are available to you. The area is full of things to do outside of the park. We went to a water park that was really nice and then later on went site seeing. If you want something for the whole family to enjoy I would say this is the place to visit and enjoy a day or a few days.
Surpassed every expectation. A nominal fee for an unforgettable experience. The numerous options of rides and activities for all ages are exceptional. Countless cuisine selections will satisfy the most discriminating of tastes however, options for a more personalized, relaxing atmosphere to dine would be most beneficial.
Park is clean. Restroom's attentive. Food and drinks are reasonably priced. I had a very good time at the park. Lots of choices with thrill rides, animals are cool to view. The safari ride was cool to do. I'm a food guy so I Love to eat and you won't be disappointed. Ride times were minimal. Good trip overall. Go there.
The staff is very helpful. Their prices are a little expensive compared to Cedar Point which has a lot more coasters. The park offers things for all ages including thrill seekers. Our family had a wonderful day at the park and we will come back. I would definitely recommend this park. It has things for all ages from the awesome shows, to good food selections, clean park and great roller coasters.
ConsumerAffairs Research Team
The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
When this park opened in 1959, visitors to the Anheuser-Busch attraction could sample beer, explore a garden with tropical birds and take the Stairway to the Stars to the top of the brewery. Now, about four million people a year visit the park, which features more than twenty rides and a variety of exotic animals.
- Animals: Busch Gardens is home to one of America’s largest zoos, which houses hundreds of species of animals, including 30 on the endangered species list. Special tours are available to guests who wish to get a behind-the-scenes look at some of the zoo’s most popular species, like the Bengal tigers and elephants. Visitors will also learn about the park’s involvement in conservation efforts that work to protect animals all around the world.
- Late nights: Every night between mid-June and early-August, visitors can enjoy Kinetix, a live show with acrobatic performances followed by fireworks. During this time, guests can also ride the several of the park’s attractions, which gives them the chance to see the Busch Gardens lit up at night. On Fridays and Saturday, the park stays open until midnight.
- Dining Pass: While several parks offer dining plans for season pass holders and/or for individuals who buy multi-day tickets, Busch Gardens offers a single-day dining pass. The All-Day Dining Deal is valid at multiple restaurants throughout the park. With it, guests receive one entree and one side item or dessert and a fountain beverage or bottle of water once every hour.
- Tampa Bay CityPASS: Visitors can book vacation packages through Busch Gardens. With the Tampa Bay CityPASS, visitors receive admission to Busch Gardens as well as four other local attractions: The Florida Aquarium, the Lowry Park Zoo, Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Chihuly Collection or the Museum of Science & Industry. Vacation packages also include hotel accommodations.
- Adult Beverage Options: Several of the restaurants in Busch Gardens serve alcohol and some have a full bar. The annual Food & Wine Festival features 120 wines, craft brews and cocktails as well as foods created specifically for the event and paired with the perfect beverage. The spring event also includes live entertainment.
- Best for Busch Gardens’ variety of activities make it great for all age groups, including young adults, families and retirees. Its attractions will especially please thrill seekers and animal lovers.
Compare Amusement Parks
Busch Gardens Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Busch Gardens