2.8/5 (799 ratings)

About Booking.com

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I never once left the Booking.com website the entire experience. This is important. I was charged by 3 different entities, directed to 3 different companies with issues. But all communications were from Booking.com. I clicked on my itinerary link to confirm and called the number listed on the Booking.com site. After 30 minutes of them not finding my departure flight I was informed that I was talking to Priceline.com. My booking.com app has one of my two flights, but no hotel or rental car. What's the point of using booking.com if I cannot go to one place for my entire itinerary?

Booking.com seems to be Priceline.com trying to reinvent itself with a famous actor being cutesy on their commercials. And the support you get is not helpful unless you need them to read your confirmation e-mails to you over the phone. I don't travel much. But every time I have traveled, my itinerary is all together as a trip should be. Not sure how they are still doing enough business to afford commericals.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I booked a room through them. The hotel sent me refund but they never gave me my money back. I've called so Monday times to be left on hold for l hour or more and still no answer. They had my refund for now than 10 days and still yet to send it to me.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I book a hotel with Booking.com for the 4th August to 18th August 2022. Name of hotel was SobeNy Theatre Row Rentals. I’ve paid in full $1,622 usd for my stay only to get a last minute email that the hotel was over booked. I’ve contact booking about my refund in which they said they will refund if the property don’t. Today is 9th August. I’m here in another hotel and when you call or email booking about my refund no one can give a proper answer. I don’t know if I can find a way to up load my email with my booking, receipt, email with booking acknowledgment of refund. I have everything.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

You will be given refund to THEIR wallet..Not your credit card..They will lie..Put you on hold..forever..5 months waiting...They returned?? Funds to wallet..It is not where it came from...Then they will cheat you further...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Bad customer support for hosts. No phone calls from them, only irrelevant emails 48-64 hours after being sent. Staff is incompetent. All they know is how to charge a commission each month. I'm absolutely disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Please don't trust on Booking.com. They said you will charge on arrival but hotel charge your card same day same time even though if you cancel your booking. This happened with me when I make my booking and cancel. Charge card through hotels and at the end of day they said, "Contact hotel for refund because we can't do nothing. We are not responsible for your refund" but they should be responsible for refund. Because we trust on them. That's why we gave our card details. Anyway I tried to contact hotel several time through email and through their web site but can't get any single reply. I send my card detail as well as customer service instructed me but still don't get reply.

On 27th of July I spoke with customer care team and told her for charge. She check and then she said to me, "Send me bank statement on link" so she send me email with link. She check every thing then she said, "You will be get refund in 48 hours." I checked after 3 days but could not get any refund. So I rang again then they said, "We can't do nothing. You can contact with property through email or from their page link." I tried plenty of time but they don't reply any single message.

I spoke with Booking.com customer care team plenty of time even though I just rang (8 Aug 2022/time 01:21) and ask for manager or supervisor but he said, "We don't have manager or supervisor. I am only here." His name was David. Actually they train the customer care team once the money in don't help customer. Just try to make them fool because they will get their commission from hotel so their job is done. Now you can tell me do you trust this kind of web. I don't think so. Try to book room through directly with few pound extra but don't through Booking.com. This was my 1st but very bad experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

We booked a house through Booking.com - we paid full price. The host refused us entry because he didn't get our required documents despite us sending them. The host refused to refund us the money. When requesting Booking.com refund us, they admitted their messaging service is the reason we were refused entry but refused to refund us the cost. We didn't get to enter the house we paid for in full. Booking admitted their system was the problem. We were charged full price for a house we didn't stay in. We were forced to scour the city for hotels at 1am. Do not use Booking.com unless you want to lose your hard earned money.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I purchased our flights and added on the optional insurance and paid for the flexible ticket option which allows you to change the time or date of your flight with no charge. What they did not tell me and what was not in the fine print was that they booked me on airlines that have limited to no flights to that location after the end of August/summer and my flight was literally scheduled the last weekend of August. So after verifying with 6+ different representatives Including a manager that they sold me A flexible ticket knowing that there were literally zero options after that date to be able to get back home. Now on top of cost of the flights, which my only option is to take a future flight credit that I can't even use until next summer, I am also out the deposit for our Airbnb which was $300. I have spent a total so far of 11 hours on the phone trying to come up with a solution and they don't even care about their unethical practices. Don't book through this company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Booking.com hires a 3rd party vendor, GoToGate, to handle their flight customer service. They are incompetent and milking their contract without actually wanted to assist customers. I booked an international flight that got stuck in "pending" status and my ticket wasn't released. I was told to wait 3 days for it to go through - which is crazy. If the ticket doesn't process automatically then 10x out of 10 there's a problem. I called GoToGate and requested they cancel the pending flight so that I could rebook another ticket. They told me to wait 3 days, which I didn't have time for. I called the airline in question, but they didn't see my booking at all, but stated that if GoToGate or booking.com contacts them, they would transfer them to a dept. that would assist in getting the situation resolved.

GoToGate refused to call them. I then rebooked the ticket directly through the airline (no issues) and called GoToGate back to cancel the order based on my confirmed flight. They STILL refused to cancel the pending transaction and refund my money. The reps were rude and only know how to read the screen in front of them. I will never book another flight with booking.com and hope GoToGate will never be awarded another contract.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Firstly, let me just say, the outside of the home was nothing like the pictures on the Booking.com website. It looked like I was in a sketchy part of town. I did not feel safe. Secondly, the post of the home stated there would be parking, and there was someone parked in the driveway. I nervously called the property number that was listed on Booking. No answer to my call or text.

Suddenly there appeared to be an elderly man walking towards my parked car, who did not speak English, but handed me his phone. I spoke to a man who stated that “this is my home and I did not post it as a rental,” and he hung up. I frantically canceled my reservation for this home and it stated that since I was cancelling the day of I would not be refunded my money. I called Booking and they were helpful in stating that they would refund my money. They then tried to find me a place to stay, but everything was booked.

This is where I have a problem. I can’t write a review to forewarn people about this fraudulent residence. I don’t want someone to experience what happened to me. Therefore, I’m posting on every site possible. You can’t trust that what you're reserving on Booking.com is an actual, reputable, or trustworthy place. I have yet to get the money they claimed they would reimburse me - the difference between what I was going to spend and what I ended up having to spend on the new place that we had to find, and the parking fee, but to me, it really wasn’t about the money. It was more that I was deceived and I don’t want others to be deceived as well.

Booking.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

Booking.com Company Information