1.58/5

Paradise Island, Bahamas

107 Atlantis Resort Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 5, 2019

July of 2018 I reserved my hotel room at The Royal at Atlantis. The Marriott page said in order to lock the rate I had to pay for the room in full. So, I paid for the whole stay. One year later I arrive and spend the week. Only to discover The Royal changes room rates based upon the demand. In a nutshell The Royal added almost another $1000 to my stay because I was told and I quote "We can Bill what we want to bill." The front desk was useless and I have to eat the additional charges. I am so disappointed. My family and I had a whole wonderful week and this rate changing has truly soared my view on this entire organization.

Original review: June 29, 2019

The Wi-Fi is terrible which is part of the $40 service fee. It is off and on all day. The built-in gratuity and service fee adds about 24% guarantees you that the service will suck. At the pool restaurant it took us over an hour to get two sandwiches, Nachos and a salad. No alcohol and it was $158. This place is a rip off. Cabs are $30 to go to the next building. They do have shuttles for free. But we don’t like to wait. 5 star pricing with 1 Star service.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2019

This was the worst vacation my wife and I have experienced from a customer service, safety and room standards standpoint. My wife was injured in the gym the first day and we spent 6 hours in the hospital. Apparently this was not the first time someone was injured in the gym with at least one other similar incident where someone was badly hurt the same exact way. We received a call by Miguel while in the hospital which was the highlight of their customer service although we never actually spoke to him. The nurse said he would send transportation to pick us up from the hospital.

I called him 3 or 4 times and was unable to leave a message. We coordinated a taxi from the hospital that was supposed to show up in 10 minutes and we followed up with them again and the hospital said 5 more minutes and we waited another 15 minutes then walked back to the resort. We got back to the resort and 2 of the 5 stitches came undone and she went back to the hospital. I spoke to a manager in the reception area and asked her to have someone give me a call and gave her my cell phone number (I was frustrated but kept my poise) which never happened..

The next day my wife talked with a different manager in reception that was supposed to call me by 3:00 and that never happened either. So I went back to the reception the 3rd time and requested a meeting with one of the higher up managers and it was confirmed at 7:30 a.m. on the day of the departure. I specifically requested someone that worked for Atlantis/Cove in an upper management position. Instead she setup a meeting with a trainer who worked at the fitness facility which is leased by another company. Not only was he a trainer but he was not even employed by the hotel. I was assured someone would call me over the course of 3 days but not one phone call outside of the call from Miguel made when he left a message from the hospital.

Regarding the quality of the room amenities: safe worked at times (we were locked out an entire day before it was fixed), the phone didn't work half the time we were there, the clock was set for 3 hours ahead and couldn't be changed to the correct time, locked out of the mini-bar, minibar wasn't refilled 2 days, room wasn't cleaned (beds made, trash taken out nothing else). There was an salad that was never eaten from the first day and a few glasses in the living room that were never taken out of the room.... This was by far the worst vacation of our life and I would NOT RECOMMEND anyone go to this hotel!!!! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I had wanted to make this trip for so many years and finally did. Wish I had read all of these reviews before doing so. Overpriced, not worth the money, staff rude and clearly hate their jobs. Gratuity is included in all food service restaurants so the wait staff doesn’t feel it necessary to be polite. Upon checkout was told I didn’t use my 250 dollars resort credit I wasn’t told I even had which would have been nice after paying over 1,000 dollars in food for two for a week!

Original review: April 30, 2019

This was our 7th trip to Bahamas, our last trip was about 10 years ago. My iPhone was stolen out of my room. The security had me believe that my hotel room wasn’t latched all the way shut and anyone could have stole. The security didn’t want to acknowledge that is was a staff member. Fast forward this April 20-27 2019. We stayed in Harborside, rooms were OK and pool area was very quiet. We encountered a staff member at the Harborside pool bar get nasty with the lady in front of us for asking for more club side in her mixed drink. The drinks are $18 to 20 dollars. Are you kidding it? Should have been a simple yes. But then we started to noticed a lot of the staff just hated their jobs. Rude and begrudgingly guests for vacationing was very obvious.

Our last night April 26 my brand new one week old iPhone X was stolen out of the Casino. I had it in my back pocket and when I realized it wasn’t there I tracked my iPhone back to Casino off my husband phone right to the 6 security guys standing in front of Aura. They acted like, "Oh well. What do you want us to do." I had another casino security tell me that my tracker could be showing it in a room. ** staff steals! Do if you want to go and have your ** stolen, staff treat you bad and it be so crowded you can’t even find a lounge chair due to the overselling park tickets to outsiders. Be my guest. And while you're at it spending a ** ton of money on Gratuity and VAT tax. Be my guest.

And to top it off the ** ferry from Paradise Island to Nassau crashes while we were on it. Shattering glass all over my daughter. Thankfully some cruise ship folks helped clean her up as she was bleeding needing Band-Aids. My money will go elsewhere in the Caribbean. The US travel Warning to the Bahamas is legit, heed it and spend your money wisely!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?

Original review: March 21, 2019

We took our 3 teenage boys to Atlantis, Royal Towers from March 14 to 17, 2019. Our complaints were too numerous to mention, but #1 had to be the outrageous spring break partying carrying on in the corridors and rooms around us until 4 or 5 am each morning. Impossible to sleep and countless visits and calls to the front desk yielded empty promises that security would address the issue. Restaurants were ridiculously overpriced and food to moderate to poor. Ditto with trying to buy things from the stores or get a drink at the bar. ($22 for a mediocre glass of wine!!)

The rooms are run down - balcony door was impossible to slide open, water pressure non-existent, plug sockets didn't work etc. The beach (overrun by drunk teens) was the furthest thing from relaxing... Every few minutes we were being asked to buy cigars/coconut drinks/bracelets/sarongs/adventure experiences. I had been to Atlantis 10 years ago, so much has changed... Some of it no doubt related to the time of year... But I would never, ever go there again or recommend it to anyone.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I will never stay at the Cove again! With the exception of maybe 2 people, every member of the staff that we encountered were either rude or just outright sucked at their job. They don’t want to be here and it shows. It began at check-in when they had our room reservation completely wrong, and it took over 45 minutes and multiple people to finally correct it. The gym attendant obviously hates her job, because she had a ** attitude. If the towel guy at the pool showed up within 15 minutes to set up your chair, that was a good day. The automatic 15% gratuity and 12% VAT clearly encourages ** service! Stay at the Ocean Club instead, as the Cove has gone to **. Hopefully, the OC can draw patrons away from the Cove and run it into the ground! There’s no way that the prices should be so high for such ** service.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Check in is ridiculous, stand in a line for 45 minutes just to check-in when you've already paid, months earlier, and find that the 2 rooms adjoining are in different buildings. At that point you are directed to another line across the lobby. Another 45 minute wait to find there is nothing they can do about it. After calling and stopping by multiple times the following day they were able to move our son the the same building 14 floor away with a different entrance. The restaurants are very mediocre at best, but their prices are 2 to 3 times more than equivalent restaurants of the same quality in the US. The VAT value added tax is a farce. There is no added value anywhere at Paradise Island or Nassau for that matter.

The 15% automatic gratuity destroys the servers interest in providing good service, the VAT guarantees that a customer wouldn't dare leave additional tip.

We have been coming prior to it being named the Atlantis, well over 20 years, but we will not be back. The Atlantis and Nassau have removed any interest in returning. My son left a hoodie, a gift from someone special to him, in the room. We called within an hour of checking out and they said the housekeeper didn't find it. I entered a lost and found request online 3 separate times and received nothing.

Original review: March 13, 2019

First night my wife got food poisoning from conch salad. We left a day early. Atlantis has refused any credit. Turns out they had an epidemic in the summer. Still served conch. Mixed drinks $16.00. It's not being kept up. Not worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

6 night visit as a couple in our late 50's - I have been reading quite a few negative reviews and they should be considered and taken into account when planning for the trip. We had many more positives than negatives but I will share the negatives first. The food is very expensive. About 150% to 200% higher than at home. Night activity is available but most things can be quite expensive. Comedy Shows, bars, dining out all help empty your wallet. We stayed in the Royal Tower (would recommend it) and the water did alternate every 5 or 6 seconds by about 40 degrees (would go from warm to very hot). But that was the worst thing we encountered. One final note is that the ocean beach is not the best and does not compare with other islands. But it is fine to go and hang out to enjoy the waves. Do not expect too much and you will be fine.

Here is our experience overall. We went at the end of January, so it was off season. We had a taxi from the airport and that cost about $50 (would have been nice to have a shuttle but I would not complain about that). The drivers were nice both ways. Check in had no line so that was very brief and the woman that checked us in was very sweet (Tremaine). We asked for an upper floor and she gave us a room on the 20th floor with a beautiful ocean view. It was beautiful! Bellmen were available but we chose to not use them. We walked the grounds that first night to learn our way around and the site is beautiful. Bring comfortable walking shoes. You will walk miles in one day but it is worth the walk.

Our days were pretty much the same: we hung out by the pool and hot tub. By the way, the hot tub gets loaded with little children, so go as soon as it opens. We cooled off riding the lazy river, rapid river (not too rapid and lots of fun) and some of the other water slides. There are spots with music playing, other spots with some nice singing and areas where it is quiet. lots of choices available. As for food, we packed quite a bit for in our room. Brought things from home, so we can have small meals and not spend on lunch. But we would sometimes split a wrap or a burger and fries. One burger with fries and a small drink cost $18. So, if you have a family of 4 it can get pricey.

One thing to note, the food is marked up about 30% from the listed price due to the added tip and resort fee. So a $15 burger is $18. Just remember that when ordering. We drank the coffee that we can make in our room and that was fine for us. But there are a number of Starbucks where one can get coffee as well as other locations. One can even walk off property to the nearby Dunkin' Donuts and get less expensive breakfast stuff. There is a liquor store nearby and you can make drinks in your room. Okay, this is getting long winded, so I will try to wrap it up.

We left the pool area around 5 and showered. Went out for dinner and that is where we spent money. Even if you go pretty cheap, it will cost anywhere between $40 to $70 for a meal with no drinks. Of course if you get steak, it is much more pricey. I suggest you spend part of the first day at the marina area and look at the menus of the restaurants. It is a great place to eat. We bought a large pizza there and only spent $42 (lol). But there are things that are more reasonable. You just need to learn what is available.

Evening activities can be simple and free. Walk around and enjoy the beauty and the free singers and have a couple drinks (about $20 each). Things can add up so be careful! All in all, it is very much worth the experience. The kids will love the day activities and love the rides and pools. In the evening, you can tour the free aquariums and take your time looking the place over. The dolphin area is great but it costs $18 per person just to hang out at that beach. To pet and hug dolphins is about $160 per person and needless to say, that will add up quickly. I say go for a vacation there with plenty of fun and healthy snacks and that way you can save quite a bit on food. The view from the rooms can be breathtaking and you will love it. Lots of tropical plants and beautiful fountains. They really put a lot of money into the surroundings. That is it and I hope you love my book.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We checked in they said we didn't have a meal plan, and did nothing to help us with it. We were lied to on the phone. We didn't give us a room key or a map or the free items we were to get. When the snow storm was coming we asked if we could check out a day early they said no refunds. They were not very good with customer service at all. No one. Otherwise the place was beautiful and we made the best of it. We didn't eat dinner 2 nights cause we didn't want to pay their outrageous prices to eat since we had no meal plan like we thought we did.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We stayed in the Coral Tower. Our room was good with a great view of the pool and ocean. All of the staff that we encountered were courteous and anxious to help! Especially those working outside... in all areas. The food and drinks were way overpriced but we knew that going in. The property is beautifully manicured and we enjoyed daily walks from one end of the property to the other. The pools and lazy rivers were great. The beach experience has a lot to be desired. I know that the aquatic life is marketed to the public as doing the best for the ecosystem, I agree with other reviewers that the sharks, fish, rays, and turtles on the property are in much too shallow water in much too small a spaces. They say that the rays are released when full grown, but there were several large rays in the lagoons. Are they fed properly? I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and the animals are my only concern.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

When we checked in the staff behind the desk were rude and incompetent! We got 3 different quotes on the Meal Plan! No Smiles or Island kindness! Housekeeping and grounds staff were cheerful and helpful! Then our room had things broken! TV and hairdryer would not work! I felt like things had gone downhill from my stay 2 years ago!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Over a 2 hour wait to check in... Rooms are very, very basic but did have a mini fridge. I got 2 rooms through the reservation line 1 year ago. I check in and they were on different floors at opposite ends of the building. I was told check-in is at 4 and that's why. I got there at 3 and had to wait in line until 5 to check in because they are so slow. The TV didn't work either. No water pressure or warm water. I will not ever come to Atlantis or the Bahamas again. I paid lots of money for a place like this. I wish I could get a refund!!! $700 a night for a room in a 3rd rate motel attached to a 1st rate water park.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Let me preface but saying that I've stayed at the Atlantis multiple times over the years and every other experience was wonderful. I, however, will no longer be going back after our last stay. We went as a family Christmas in December of 2018. It's my opinion from what I saw that there needs to be some serious changes in management before the Atlantis really falls apart. It appears to me that they are not taking any of the money they are making and putting it back into the resort but instead must be pocketing everything. There is paint chipping, rooms and carpets smell terrible, everything just needs a deep clean and new facelift. The food is insanely overpriced as well as the drinks. Some of the employees were kind and helpful but a lot of them were rude and condescending.

Here are a few examples of the issues we encountered on our stay: Problems with accommodations - 2 of the villas we stayed in didn't have air conditioning. 1 of the villas flooded one night while we were at dinner. 1 of the villas had brown water pouring from the shower one of the days. The TVs in 2 of the villas quit working halfway through the trip. The phones didn't work in 2 of the villas. There was no fridge in 1 of the villas.

Problems with employees - I went to one of the public bathrooms while at the pool one afternoon. There was a line with 3 women in it. An employee walked in with her pants unbuttoned and unfastened and walked in front of the women waiting in line and used the restroom. One of the employees working a food cart/bar saw us coming and ran to the other side of the bar and got on her phone and pretended like she couldn't see us.

Here was the real kicker... My mother who is 60+ years old was walking through the lobby to go to dinner. She slipped on a banana peel (seriously) that was laying in the walkway. An employee stopped to ask if she was ok. My mom replied no, she had just had knee surgery and was in pain and covered in something sticky. She needed help up... the employee by the name of Quincia, told her to just lay there for a while to see if she felt better and then walked off. The rest of the family came through soon thereafter and found my mom in pain on the ground.

Lastly, my husband had $50 stolen from his wallet while we were at dinner one night. It was not the entire amount of cash that he had in his wallet but $50 was definitely taken. The next day, my husband and I decided to stay in the room for dinner because I wasn't feeling well. We got a knock on our door which confused me because the rest of the family was at dinner. When we didn't respond or answer the door, an employee opened the door and let herself in. She was shocked when she saw us in there and stated that she was there for a drink service? We were confused and she rushed out of the room.

We called the front desk and they informed us that there is no reason for housekeeping to be in our room at 7:00 at night. My parents were on the other side of the building opened their door to see the woman going into their neighbor's room. They told her that they were at dinner and the woman immediately turned and left.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The trip was upsetting to myself and my older children who are knowledge about good animal husbandry. We’d read all about the marine conservation and education programs prior to our visit, only to discover a roadside zoo on arrival. The tanks were filthy, overcrowded and several aquatic animals were visibly ill due to unsanitary conditions. Many animals swam in circles showing signs of distress. We were told by staff that all the animals were there permanently except the Manta ray(s) which were released when they outgrew their tank and then they would release the ray and capture a new one from the wild! Taking a closer look around, we noticed that everything was filthy and poorly maintained. What is sold as an upscale resort with a conservation arm is nothing more than a middle tier water park with an overcrowded, poorly maintained marine zoo.

Additionally, we lost power our second day, for nearly two hours. Power outages are not uncommon I understand. What was concerning was that the hallways and stairwells had no emergency lighting. I climbed 16 flights down to alert staff that people were stuck in the elevator, in total darkness, and the response I got was not much more than a “yeah we know”. I didn’t feel safe after that. I would never go back.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I stayed at the Cove for 6 days. The service at the restaurants is deplorable. It does no good to complain because no one cares. Room service entered our room without any notice and stole $20. The hotel is overcharging for the extra person and the VAT tax. I even have emails showing what they should be charging and as I said before no one cares. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Paid $500 for dinner for 7 people and was treated like **. After going around for a long time in Atlantis to find a place to eat (many restaurants were closed) we thought we finally found a nice buffet to celebrate a birthday. Before we entered the restaurant called Poseidon's Table, we paid the bill upfront - this is the only way to get in - and had dinner afterwards. Alcohol was not included and we had a red wine. Just when we finished a waiter came and started bringing the bill for the wine and for the food (again??!). We told him that we already paid for the food but happy to pay for the wine. He said we have to show the bill of the food. The person who had the bill was just at the restroom at the time so we started to explain that we already paid.

The waiter insisted we have to show him the bill and made us feel like we are thieves as we had to go all the way up to the entrance and explain ourselves and get the bill double checked at the cashier. When they realized we paid already, they did not even say sorry. I called for the manager and the only thing he did was to say that the waiter misunderstood the situation. No apologies and no compensation. He said that they can call the police if I want to further pursue. (??!) What kind of customer service is this? And how is it my problem that they miscommunicate and why do I have to explain myself after paying $500? The restaurant was not even close to busy. How can they not keep their things together? Overall TERRIBLE SERVICE! AVOID this place!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have traveled the world over many times and never had problems really worth mentioning. But this hotel is the most corrupt I've ever been to. The total price I was suppose to pay from booking.com was $2127.11 Every day there they had so many hidden charges mentioned apparently to booking.com as to boggle the mind. By the time I left, they increased the charge over $2,000.00 dollars which I trigger to dispute but to no avail. They hold security deposits in the sum of anywhere between 200-400 a day which gets held on your credit card. When I checked out, they had a total held on my credit card of 5,000.00.

Mind you I paid 1500.00 of the original 2127.11 before I even arrived so you can imagine my dismay. I'm not sure to be mad at Booking.com (whom I have booked trips probably a hundred times) or Atlantis, but the fact they even hold on your credit card daily hundreds of dollars is quite obscene. Most of the people there are not professionals you would expect if you are from the US or Europe. Highly suggest you do not go to this corrupt place. You will leave calculating you owe a few hundred, and they will place thousands on you that you were not expecting, and most of it is very suspicious. Every taxi driver tried to get "more" by bloating the price from what they quoted. It is the most corrupt places I have ever been in my life.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

My wife and I have concluded after being at the Atlantis for 5 days with 3 kids and staying in the Royal towers that we were highly disappointed with our trip wanting more quality in every aspect of the stay - hopefully this review will help all those looking to travel to this overly hyped resort. If you're traveling with children esp toddlers prepare yourself to WALK everywhere in the heat and up and down stairs all over the resort - it’s amazing how far everything is from each other here and makes even just getting to the beach a huge frustration! (Travel tip the nicest beach at Atlantis is tucked away behind the Cove area). The resort is INSANELY EXPENSIVE!!! Take that very seriously esp if you're bringing children!!! And the fact that most probably don’t do the all inclusive (which I don’t even know if they have there or not) you will literally pay as much in food and or excursions as you did to for the entire purchase price of the trip itself!!!

The food is terrible!!! I mean for what you're paying for each meal it’s absolutely crazy to think this resort and as Big it is and all the restaurants can’t satisfy your food needs - once again with children who are picky this will be a huge issue - and let’s say you don’t want to go to the restaurants for each meal of the day then you're pretty much screwed because there is only a small coffee shop or pizzeria on other side of hotel to choose from (we literally ate pizza, hamburgers, egg and cheese and bagels the whole trip). If it rains or you get too much sun there is literally nothing to do inside the resort for the whole family - yes they have a mini arcade and Game Center but that’s extra fees and not worth it unless you want to pay and even then there is nothing to do adult wise unless you want to sit at the bar.

Staff and miscommunication is huge - some staff doesn’t show up on time for bookings (excursions desk). We waited 45m with a line of people for them to send us to VIP lounge for them to tell us everything was booked and the systems went down shortly after that, then we went back to excursions desk to find out everything was not sold out and their systems worked fine - total time to book dolphins was 1.5hrs of frustration. Then there was the problem of them screwing up our shuttle back to airport. We spoke to 5 people and 1 manager who couldn’t find our shuttle company (unless you get voucher upon arrival it’s impossible to figure this out) and we were left with someone telling us to be done in lobby at 6am - it was pitch black and no shuttle came - we had to take a cab out of our own money back to airport.

Dolphin Cay was the most expensive for 5 people we did and we only did a 30 min shallow experience (was just ok our toddler enjoyed it). But then they try and get you on photos which you're lucky if one comes out good. Prepare to pay for photos though as you can’t just get 1 4x6 - you have to get 6 of them!!! Also you have to settle for an 8x10 if you only want one photo.

Overall we wouldn’t go back for the sake of all the above - the one bright spot is the beach and water which is literally world renowned (the water quality and temp is so amazing that we kept trekking back to beach for it) - but again prepare yourself with going broke, walking and being exhausted and then paying more money to keep the kids busy and happy. We’ve been to other countries and resorts and this one def was a rip off...

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Went to a destination wedding and very poor quality resort, especially for the cost. Lost power 2 times and were offered a free breakfast and were charged for it. Called my credit card and they called the Atlantis and were told they would credit me for the $76.20 buffet breakfast and now refuse to credit. NEVER go there only if you want to get ripped off.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My kids and I were very excited about going to Atlantis Bahamas as we had such a lovely time at Atlantis in Dubai last year. Unfortunately, my girls were robbed on the beach the first day (middle of the afternoon mind you) and when we notified management at the hotel, she told me she couldn't do anything for me. Then she stated that we needed to go the police station, which is offsite. They wouldn't even call the police for us. Now, here we are in a different country and were just robbed (they took my girls' sunglasses, shoes and cash totaling over $1K), but we are now told to go to a police station offsite. Sounds even more dangerous to me, so I decided I would handle the situation after we returned home. Then, when we went to check out and pick up our luggage to go the airport we find out the bell staff gave our luggage to someone else. I am standing there with the ticket to claim my luggage, but it has disappeared... Really?

At this point my girls are beside themselves, so I ask them to go over and wait while I talk with management about the situation. Again, the hotel took no responsibility. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I did however give them 1 star as the spa staff was amazing and very trustworthy. The rest of the group should be fired and the entire hotel restaffed after full background checks are done. Beware of this hotel... They steal and put you and your children in dangerous situations. They do not care about your safety at all. Stay safe out there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Very excited about this vacation with 3 older kids. Landed in Atlantis. Booked 2 rooms and after long day of flight and roaming around resort came back to room and as soon as my son who is 22 goes under his quilt...his whole bed sheets, quilt, pillows were all wet and it seemed it was pee or something. Soooo disgusted about it. Housekeeping came, changed sheets, FLIPPED mattress because it was so wet. As I am writing about it I don’t want to sleep in my bed soon. Disgusted about it. Is it safe to drink coffee or use towels? All I got was SORRY!!! What sorry??? We are still here for 4 nights but I am very very mad. I went to main lobby to talk to manager and GUESS what this resort is run without manager which was not here yet and other one already left. It’s 11 pm and I don’t want to lay in my bed! I give this resort ZERO! Not happy after paying tons of money and booked 2 rooms. Who else can I contact??? Anyone?

Original review: July 9, 2018

This is truly a beautiful amazing resort. We have been traveling to the Atlantis for 10 years. I hate to hear it put down. They have wonderful programs for children and youth and we have had the pleasure of getting to know several staff due to our frequent visits. Yes, check your bill as you would any hotel. You can check it daily on your TV and if there is a discrepancy go and get it adjusted. We love this property and the staff and have stayed with them in all different accommodations 10 times. As for the person complaining about the size of the hole in the water slide tube... They are standard tubes... Maybe they should be looking at their size instead and wondering if they need to do a little adjusting! All smiles aside, we love this resort! Don't be discouraged by the complainers!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I was there, I had to ID her body. Sister died in her room about a month and a half ago at the Atlantis Hotel, Nassau. She booked tickets the day before she vanished, to swim with the dolphins, she was extremely excited about this (voice messages etc), the next day she did not show up for the booking (swim with the dolphins, shallow water experience) made less than 24hrs earlier, subsequently she was found dead... apparently killed herself. Take what you wish from the above (I may not elaborate)...

Original review: June 29, 2018

Watch out! Check your credit card/room charges very carefully. On my check out day, they charged us $666 for a meal at Chopstix - and it did not belong to us as at the same time and date, we were dining at another restaurant on the property. I stood in line at the front desk to have the Chopstix charge removed and the folio was corrected and I caught my plane home. Now, 15 days since my trip, they are attempting to charge my credit card for the $666 meal we never ate!!! I am outraged! I called and spoke with "Gabriella" who claims they will look into it. What a scam! I called my credit card company and they are putting a stop to it. Apparently, Atlantis Resort is famous for this behavior!

Original review: April 12, 2018

Arriving at the resort we learned that our meal plan which we paid almost 1000.00 only offered fast foods. We opted out for a refund which we were told they would, and never got. The rooms were dirty, smelly and so was the hallway of the "newly remodeled" Coral Tower. The service there is a joke! Most of the employees are rude, and no help at all. The food was ok but extremely overpriced! The taxis will rip you off if you're not careful and the street vendors are hustlers. I will not be going back! I wish I would have known before booking, I wouldn't have spent my money here!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Don’t believe your final bill at check out, charges you didn’t agree to will keep coming. I currently have disputes into my bank and credit card company from this resort. They're crooks and liars, I disputed charges at check out, was told they were removed from my bill. I received an amended bill with an agreed upon total. After I left the resort the amount they agreed to remove from my final bill were charged without my authorization to my card, this is fraud. You can’t trust the staff, the staff is rude, the pool staff puts their personal items in chairs to make it appear the chairs are taken. Then they spot you looking for chairs and offer the ones they put their belongings in for money, this is extortion. The rooms are dated and in desperate need of repair.

Our tub didn’t hold water, the sink didn’t drain, glass was falling out of picture frames, picture frames were rusting. I was screamed at in front of my son on our first day there by an attendant at a pool area with a pay to sit area. We simply wanted to see if this was an area we wanted to pay $125 a day to sit. We walked into the area and the attendant started screaming, "This is private, you have to pay to sit here." I tried to explain we simply wanted to see if this was an area we wanted to pay to use, and she screamed at us again. I finally bluntly said, "Money isn’t the issue here, your hostility toward us is," and we left.

I was called a liar twice by staff when I tried to say an order was incorrect. They catch you by not giving you an itemized receipt of what you order at the bars, coffee shops, restaurants and pool eating places. You then pay for it and wait for them to deliver what you ordered. If it’s wrong they ask for your receipt and tell you it doesn’t say you ordered that, therefore you’re wrong, and they refuse to refund or make the order correct. I had this happen 5 times in a week, and they still collect their automatic 15% tip, and your money while you’re left without what you asked for.

Please beware of the Atlantis Bahamas, go elsewhere to a resort in the Bahamas that’s nicer, more updated, clean, has better staff and where you won’t be ripped off. I tried to get our flights changed so we could leave early but we were stuck at the Atlantis because flights were full and our tickets couldn’t be changed. If they could have been changed we would have left on Monday after just checking in on Saturday late afternoon. Buyer beware and avoid this trap like the plague.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I wish I would have read reviews on the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas before I booked my reservations. What a COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT. We stayed in the Towers, what a dirty hotel that advertises 5 star service. We ended up bringing home bed bugs from the hotel. Upon seeing this junior suite, I felt that it was subpar. The bathroom was not clean. I realized the last day of our stay that the sheets had not been laundered. The grounds and hotel common areas were dirty, just like the rooms. Now we are left to deal with bed bugs in our home. PURE DISGUST. DO NOT WASTE YOUR VACATION TIME OR MONEY ON THIS DUMP. IT'S TRULY A DUMP.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I have read numerous reviews about how rude the personnel at Atlantis are and I find I have to dispute the account. I have been going to Nassau several times a year for over 20 years and have stayed at a number of hotels, most recently Atlantis. I find the staff at the hotel to be very accommodating, courteous and pleasant to deal with and the hotel complex itself is exquisite. Yes, it is busy and often crowded, which is more a testament to its success than any failure. The rooms could use a bit of updating but the complex itself is truly breathtaking and I would recommend it to anyone.

Atlantis Resort Company Information