3.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 31, 2017

10 Singles Travel Getaways Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I as a seasoned singles traveler have found my vacations with Singles Travel Getaways to be if not the best certainly among the best singles vacations I have experienced. I have been to Europe several times, Australia, French Polynesia, South America, Africa, and Asia with this agency. My experiences found the excursions, the venue, the accommodations, and the guides to be above expectations. The prices are reasonable considering the quality of the experience. I would recommend this agency to any of my friends.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I have traveled with this company and had a good, albeit expensive, experience. When I booked a second trip and paid for it I had to cancel for family medical reasons. I did not expect a refund and was issued a partial credit, which was all well and good. I tried to use the credit twice and both trips were canceled because they did not have enough travelers to make the trip pay. Instead of offering any refund they will try to talk you into spending more money on trips you may or may not be interested in. Once they have your money they will keep it no matter what and I expect when they go out of business a lot of people will be hurt.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

This is a long overdue review, I feel I need to share after traveling with this company many times since 2013. I was referred to this company by a dear friend of mine who had enjoyed two trips with them. I booked and traveled with singlestravelgetaways.com on my first singles trip in 2013 to Europe and have since gone with them to Hawaii and to Costa Rica in 2015, as well as on two cruises in 2016 and am booked for another with them later this year. My first trip was a trip to France and Italy.

My representative in booking was Eric and he was very polite, professional and most importantly he was very patient in answering my many questions about the trip, as I had never traveled alone. His taking the time to really explain both the details of the itinerary as well as the experience of traveling with this singles group impressed me that, contrary to some companies out there, this was a company which cared about its people, more than just about making a sale.

After making my deposit, I occasionally had further questions and I was able to phone and ask to speak to Eric, who each time I called, was again very patient in answering my questions. The trip itself was very well organized. All the hotels were as listed on their website and were very clean and well located. One of the things my friend who had referred me had told me was that one of the things she liked about this company was that on each trip, they chose hotels that were close to major attractions and close to a metro so the passengers could either walk to some sites on their own, or easily walk to a nearby subway/metro to get to other sites.

After taking my first trip with them, I was very satisfied in these same things that my friend had said. I also was pleased in talking with others on my trip, that many of them had traveled with this company before and, some had traveled many times with this company. That says a lot about this company and means a lot to me. What I also really liked about this company, was how the trip leader always told us the night before each day's group excursion, what we would be doing the next day and what would be the suggested clothing for the weather, what time to be ready in the lobby of the hotel and what time we would be back. As a passenger, I feel like I was well taken care of and the little details of my trip were taken care of and that is important to me.

Another thing I really liked and have found to be very reassuring on subsequent trips with this company, is that about 30 days before each trip, they send a welcome letter via email which gives a breakdown of what to expect on the trip. It tells us about expected weather for the time of year, suggested clothes for each place we will be going, what to expect in the local currency and also gives everyone a chance to email the group of passengers going on that trip as a whole, so we can share thoughts with each other and get to know each other a bit before the trip. As a passenger, I feel these details gave me peace of mind.

Since that first trip, I have gone with them in 2015 to Hawaii and found again that the hotels were in a great location, particularly on Maui, where our hotel was along the beach boardwalk to walk easily to the shops and restaurants of Whalers Village and the daily tours were very organized. I also went at the end of 2015 on their Costa Rica trip and found the hotel choices to be wonderful - The Tamarindo Diria was right on the beach and what I loved the most was that there were so many restaurants and places to go dancing which were on the same local street, so it was so easy to walk the sidewalk to go to dinner and go dancing afterward, without worrying about how to get there or get back to the hotel.

The other thing that made a great impression on me was Gustavo, our local guide for the entire trip. He was so knowledgeable about his country and he was so willing to answer any questions that I had about his country. He said he has been guiding Eric's groups for more than 10 years and his dedication definitely made my trip special.

I have also since gone on two cruises in 2016 with singles travel getaways, one being a European cruise on Celebrity and the other being a cruise on Crystal. I like that this company is the only one which offers singles cruises on Crystal, as they are the best cruise line. Both of the cruises I went on with singles travel getaways were very well organized and what I really liked was that around 2 months before each cruise, they would email everyone going on the trip with a list of optional group excursions, explaining what each excursion entailed, how many hours each would be and the cost. Each excursion I picked, I found was very well organized and what I particularly liked about their excursions, was that they gave us ample time at each site and took us to local sites that the big cruise line excursions don't offer.

The other thing which I liked on their singles cruise trips, was that each evening, the trip leader would come to each of the group's tables and remind us that for those who had chosen to sign up for the group's excursion the next day, what time we would meet and where we would meet on the ship and then we would get off the ship together for that day's excursion. The group sizes on their trips was small enough (15 - 30 people) to enable us to really get personal attention from the trip leader and really get to know the other people in the group and that when we did an excursion, we did not have to wait forever to get on and off huge buses. I am going on their Cuba cruise this Thanksgiving and already booked on their Scandinavia/Russia cruise next summer.

Overall, I truly recommend this company, as I have found them to be sincere, caring and honest people in both the booking processes and the operation of each trip I have gone on. I have found their prices to be reasonable after comparison and most importantly to me, I have found that they are trustworthy and I will definitely continue to travel with them.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have been traveling with Singles Travel Getaways (previously known as All Singles Travel) since 2004. I have made over 10 trips with Eric and his team, including Greece, Egypt, Australia and New Zealand, Hawaii, Scotland / Ireland, and Eastern Europe. I have already booked two additional trips for the remainder of 2017, and I'm planning to book 2-3 trips with Eric for 2018.

These are very reasonably priced trips where I sometimes opt to have a roommate, and save on trip expenses, and sometimes I treat myself to a single room. Eric does his best to match compatible roommates, and I have always gotten along well with the women I have roomed with. Overall, I continue to travel with Eric and his company because I trust him, and I have enjoyed everywhere I have gone. Eric makes every effort to provide an excellent experience, and while there are sometimes things out of our control, he always rolls with the punches and makes sure we all have a great time.

Original review: March 10, 2016

Not ever having gone on a cruise, I was a bit nervous about signing up for a 10-day cruise in Brazil, and beyond. I, like many, am a single traveler, mostly because most of my friends don't have the time or the money to go. Eric did his best to connect me to a roommate (I am a smoker) and while that didn't fair so well, I had an amazing time with the other 11 people in my group making lasting friendships and future trips. Eric was wonderful at explaining all the details of visas, website information, approximate length of time it takes to get the visas and costs.

When I arrived at the hotel (signed up for the 4-day pre-cruise adventure) we all met for dinner to get to know one another. The following morning, most of us set out for an amazing hike that Eric had found out about through the hotel. It continued from there, giving us choices and options of adventures to go on. Usually, there were about 4-5 people that would choose to go on the outings but we always were together in the evening for dinner sharing with what some of the other folks did.

Many times the same trips that Eric planned were ones that the ship was offering and he was able to get it for us at an extremely reduced rate by sharing taxis. In Argentina he told us about a tango show that only the locals go to. It was not the one endorsed by the ship and from what I heard was a much better show than those that shipmates took. Eric does his research on adventures, places to eat and activities to enjoy on the go and gives us a variety of options to choose from and approximate costs. As a result, we were able to enjoy off the beaten paths and less traveled areas.

As a single traveler, I was thrilled with the adventure, the dining, the options but most of all the relationships I built during the trip. I've already signed up for my next one with his company and would highly recommend them to single people who love to travel. Prices were really reasonable and I never felt gouged when it came to taxi's drives. If you are looking for an agent with a timeline and exact adventure plans, this may not be the company you want to travel with, however, if you are open to adventure, meeting new people and seeing sights the typical tourist might not be privy to on a budget, this is your guy!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singles Travel Getaways?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

I agree with the previous entries re: Eric Kravitz. I did not know of his connection with All Singles Travel until the trip I took with him to Australia/Indonesia in Nov 2014. My experience included not only bad record keeping, but also the failure to advise all members of the group (there were 13 of us) of planned travel excursions prior to departure and failure to give correct information about required visas. He gave a link for obtaining an Australian visa, but several of us in the group obtained a $130 visa when we only needed the $25 visa. He gave us no information about the visa process or the cost. I made plane reservations to LAX based upon his verbal dates of departure only to find out when the tickets arrived that I was arriving 2 days late. I had to change plane reservations and that cost several hundred dollars. The best thing about the trip was that we only had to deal with Eric for 5 days because the other 2 weeks were on the ship. We saw him, but had few encounters with him. He planned for us to eat together as a group, but half of the group split off so that we did not have to deal with him.

My advice if you choose to go on one of his trips: Get everything in writing before paying. Use credit cards; don't write a check. Work with your own travel agent for flights/visas, etc. unless you are an experienced traveler. You will not get frequent flyer mile credit if you go through Eric. Don't take any of Eric's side trips unless you enjoy going to state parks. If he suggests hiring a cab privately for an excursion (independent from the ship), pass on it. Eric is becoming affiliated with Ultitude Travel, so beware!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

Had been on 2 trips with this company in the past. Mostly satisfied. Decided to send $600 deposit to go to Peru (Machu Picchu) in July 2014. I sent deposit in November, 2013. On January 23rd I lost my job and immediately contacted company that I had to cancel. I was 7 days past the date of losing 50% of my deposit. I was told however, I could apply the deposit ($600) on a future trip. There was nothing on the new itinerary of interest for me. I requested my deposit. I was sent 50% and lost $300. Please keep in mind Eric Kravitz lost nothing. We were over 6 months out from leaving. There were no tickets bought or airfare paid. What angered me the most is he would allow me to use the $600 for a future trip, but since I was requesting the deposit back he only sent back $300. This to me reeks of "ripoff". Keep in mind I had been on two of his trips in the past. As I told him he lost nothing, but then I told him I'm wrong, what he lost was my good will. His decision to keep my $300 was legally justified (I guess) but he is morally corrupt and I will travel with other companies. BE WARNED!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2014

I cancelled a reservation on last day to cancel. Eric ** would not honor that date to cancel that was posted on his website. I became frustrated with his lack of organization and bookkeeping. Cancelled the entire trip.

Original review: July 14, 2014

There were people from all over the U.S. and everyone of us were disgusted with the following:

1) We were often left waiting in hotel lobbies wondering if someone was going to show up to guide us to where we were supposed to be.
2) We had multiple itineraries from a variety of sources: the online ad for the trip on the website, one we each received during the first night orientation, one from an email sent to us. Each one had a different time, different meeting location, etc.
3) Eric ** was never available and the lady (I use the term "lady" loosely") was a nightmare. She looked like a homeless person who hadn't seen a hairbrush or a toothbrush for decades.
4) The descriptions of an event often didn't coincide with what actually happened during the event. For example, on one we were supposed to enjoy a barbecue dinner - we got no dinner at all. On one, we were supposed to have a lunch described very different than what we actually were served.
5) I personally had scheduled a scuba dive and paid for it. Our "bag lady" guide told me I should have scheduled it through her for a better deal. She asked my dive stats, weight, etc. Not knowing how these things are done, I gave her my information including the dive company I had booked with. I assumed she was going to get me a better deal at the same company for the same dive. Bag Lady apparently booked and billed me for an entirely different dive (I didn't want) from the different dive company. When I found I had to cancel due to flight issues, I called the company I had booked with for a refund and they obliged. Sometime later I see I was billed for "not notifying of my cancellation" by the company Bag Lady had booked with whom I had no knowledge of! This company charged me $70.

6) We all agreed that All Singles Travel is managed by someone who isn't operating on all cylinders.

Original review: May 31, 2010

I booked my trip with All Singles Travel in February 2010 and I was sent a detailed itinerary showing the specific hotels that I would be staying in. All were in good locations and were 4 stars. I looked each one up on the internet and was pleased. Then, the first week of May 2010, I received an envelope from TSW Travel, an affiliate of All Singles Travel, with my travel tags, info as to flight delays, etc, and the very last page had detailed the accommodations. My trip was to begin on May 13 so this was received two weeks before departure. A cancellation at this point would mean no refund.

What I didn't notice was that this new little page listing the accommodations was now changed in 3 out of 4 cities! There was no amendment, no notice of change or any mention of hotel changes. I assumed such things would be brought to my attention or that I would be emailed, etc. I trusted that something of this nature would be flagged but it wasn't. The email that I did receive only said that the owner/operator Eric Kravitz would now be out of town and unavailable until the week of May 6, 2010. My trip was to begin on May 13, 2010.

So, the first hotel was what it was supposed to be but then from May 17 - May 23, every hotel was different and they were worse than the originally advertised ones. Check these out for yourself and see if they are apples and apples: In Rome, original hotel is Grand Hotel Palatino and the substitution is Residenza Di Ripetta. This hotel the bus dropped us two blocks away onto a busy street and told us to walk with our luggage to the hotel. In Florence, original hotel is Executive Hotel Florence and the substitution is Hotel Diplomat. This particular hotel was a dive. We were right across the street from a train station. The single women all felt unsafe in this area. In Venice, original hotel was Ca'dei Conti and substitution was Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal. This location placed us 40 minutes walk from St. Marks Square, which is where our original hotel would've been.

Eric ** suggested that we pay 6 Euros to take us back and forth on the water taxis, etc. The bottom line is this is misrepresentation and possible fraud. There were other things wrong with this tour as well but I have chosen to stick to the accommodations to make it less lengthy. I believe that the operator of this tour benefited financially from switching these hotels. I don't think this is the first or last time that he will pull this stunt and I would like to get word out so that he can't do it to any more people.

Singles Travel Getaways Company Information