Singles Travel Getaways

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Not ever having gone on a cruise, I was a bit nervous about signing up for a 10-day cruise in Brazil, and beyond. I, like many, am a single traveler, mostly because most of my friends don't have the time or the money to go. Eric did his best to connect me to a roommate (I am a smoker) and while that didn't fair so well, I had an amazing time with the other 11 people in my group making lasting friendships and future trips. Eric was wonderful at explaining all the details of visas, website information, approximate length of time it takes to get the visas and costs.

When I arrived at the hotel (signed up for the 4-day pre-cruise adventure) we all met for dinner to get to know one another. The following morning, most of us set out for an amazing hike that Eric had found out about through the hotel. It continued from there, giving us choices and options of adventures to go on. Usually, there were about 4-5 people that would choose to go on the outings but we always were together in the evening for dinner sharing with what some of the other folks did.

Many times the same trips that Eric planned were ones that the ship was offering and he was able to get it for us at an extremely reduced rate by sharing taxis. In Argentina he told us about a tango show that only the locals go to. It was not the one endorsed by the ship and from what I heard was a much better show than those that shipmates took. Eric does his research on adventures, places to eat and activities to enjoy on the go and gives us a variety of options to choose from and approximate costs. As a result, we were able to enjoy off the beaten paths and less traveled areas.

As a single traveler, I was thrilled with the adventure, the dining, the options but most of all the relationships I built during the trip. I've already signed up for my next one with his company and would highly recommend them to single people who love to travel. Prices were really reasonable and I never felt gouged when it came to taxi's drives. If you are looking for an agent with a timeline and exact adventure plans, this may not be the company you want to travel with, however, if you are open to adventure, meeting new people and seeing sights the typical tourist might not be privy to on a budget, this is your guy!

I agree with the previous entries re: Eric Kravitz. I did not know of his connection with All Singles Travel until the trip I took with him to Australia/Indonesia in Nov 2014. My experience included not only bad record keeping, but also the failure to advise all members of the group (there were 13 of us) of planned travel excursions prior to departure and failure to give correct information about required visas. He gave a link for obtaining an Australian visa, but several of us in the group obtained a $130 visa when we only needed the $25 visa. He gave us no information about the visa process or the cost. I made plane reservations to LAX based upon his verbal dates of departure only to find out when the tickets arrived that I was arriving 2 days late. I had to change plane reservations and that cost several hundred dollars. The best thing about the trip was that we only had to deal with Eric for 5 days because the other 2 weeks were on the ship. We saw him, but had few encounters with him. He planned for us to eat together as a group, but half of the group split off so that we did not have to deal with him.

My advice if you choose to go on one of his trips: Get everything in writing before paying. Use credit cards; don't write a check. Work with your own travel agent for flights/visas, etc. unless you are an experienced traveler. You will not get frequent flyer mile credit if you go through Eric. Don't take any of Eric's side trips unless you enjoy going to state parks. If he suggests hiring a cab privately for an excursion (independent from the ship), pass on it. Eric is becoming affiliated with Ultitude Travel, so beware!

Had been on 2 trips with this company in the past. Mostly satisfied. Decided to send $600 deposit to go to Peru (Machu Picchu) in July 2014. I sent deposit in November, 2013. On January 23rd I lost my job and immediately contacted company that I had to cancel. I was 7 days past the date of losing 50% of my deposit. I was told however, I could apply the deposit ($600) on a future trip. There was nothing on the new itinerary of interest for me. I requested my deposit. I was sent 50% and lost $300. Please keep in mind Eric Kravitz lost nothing. We were over 6 months out from leaving. There were no tickets bought or airfare paid. What angered me the most is he would allow me to use the $600 for a future trip, but since I was requesting the deposit back he only sent back $300. This to me reeks of "ripoff". Keep in mind I had been on two of his trips in the past. As I told him he lost nothing, but then I told him I'm wrong, what he lost was my good will. His decision to keep my $300 was legally justified (I guess) but he is morally corrupt and I will travel with other companies. BE WARNED!

I cancelled a reservation on last day to cancel. Eric ** would not honor that date to cancel that was posted on his website. I became frustrated with his lack of organization and bookkeeping. Cancelled the entire trip.

There were people from all over the U.S. and everyone of us were disgusted with the following:

1) We were often left waiting in hotel lobbies wondering if someone was going to show up to guide us to where we were supposed to be.
2) We had multiple itineraries from a variety of sources: the online ad for the trip on the website, one we each received during the first night orientation, one from an email sent to us. Each one had a different time, different meeting location, etc.
3) Eric ** was never available and the lady (I use the term "lady" loosely") was a nightmare. She looked like a homeless person who hadn't seen a hairbrush or a toothbrush for decades.
4) The descriptions of an event often didn't coincide with what actually happened during the event. For example, on one we were supposed to enjoy a barbecue dinner - we got no dinner at all. On one, we were supposed to have a lunch described very different than what we actually were served.
5) I personally had scheduled a scuba dive and paid for it. Our "bag lady" guide told me I should have scheduled it through her for a better deal. She asked my dive stats, weight, etc. Not knowing how these things are done, I gave her my information including the dive company I had booked with. I assumed she was going to get me a better deal at the same company for the same dive. Bag Lady apparently booked and billed me for an entirely different dive (I didn't want) from the different dive company. When I found I had to cancel due to flight issues, I called the company I had booked with for a refund and they obliged. Sometime later I see I was billed for "not notifying of my cancellation" by the company Bag Lady had booked with whom I had no knowledge of! This company charged me $70.

6) We all agreed that All Singles Travel is managed by someone who isn't operating on all cylinders.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singles Travel Getaways?

I booked my trip with All Singles Travel in February 2010 and I was sent a detailed itinerary showing the specific hotels that I would be staying in. All were in good locations and were 4 stars. I looked each one up on the internet and was pleased. Then, the first week of May 2010, I received an envelope from TSW Travel, an affiliate of All Singles Travel, with my travel tags, info as to flight delays, etc, and the very last page had detailed the accommodations. My trip was to begin on May 13 so this was received two weeks before departure. A cancellation at this point would mean no refund.

What I didn't notice was that this new little page listing the accommodations was now changed in 3 out of 4 cities! There was no amendment, no notice of change or any mention of hotel changes. I assumed such things would be brought to my attention or that I would be emailed, etc. I trusted that something of this nature would be flagged but it wasn't. The email that I did receive only said that the owner/operator Eric Kravitz would now be out of town and unavailable until the week of May 6, 2010. My trip was to begin on May 13, 2010.

So, the first hotel was what it was supposed to be but then from May 17 - May 23, every hotel was different and they were worse than the originally advertised ones. Check these out for yourself and see if they are apples and apples: In Rome, original hotel is Grand Hotel Palatino and the substitution is Residenza Di Ripetta. This hotel the bus dropped us two blocks away onto a busy street and told us to walk with our luggage to the hotel. In Florence, original hotel is Executive Hotel Florence and the substitution is Hotel Diplomat. This particular hotel was a dive. We were right across the street from a train station. The single women all felt unsafe in this area. In Venice, original hotel was Ca'dei Conti and substitution was Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal. This location placed us 40 minutes walk from St. Marks Square, which is where our original hotel would've been.

Eric ** suggested that we pay 6 Euros to take us back and forth on the water taxis, etc. The bottom line is this is misrepresentation and possible fraud. There were other things wrong with this tour as well but I have chosen to stick to the accommodations to make it less lengthy. I believe that the operator of this tour benefited financially from switching these hotels. I don't think this is the first or last time that he will pull this stunt and I would like to get word out so that he can't do it to any more people.

Singles Travel Getaways Company Profile