3.5/5 (2136 ratings)

About Airbnb

Airbnb Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

@airbnb @AirbnbHelp @Airbnb I'm a host in Airbnb for more than 2 years now. This is one platform I loved the most, but of late Airbnb has been responding in such a way that they do not value their host's time or money. I have been following up one payout that had to be released, they now tell me that, I wouldn't be getting the money because they will be adjusting the same for a cancellation penalty (which the guest had cancelled due to lockdown). Can @Airbnb deal with such uncontrollable matter with ease and to help the hosting community as well? #airbnb has been deducting my payout since 2019 for some reservations which was cancelled by guests when the cancellation policy clearly said it's strict. They have been deducting 10000 rupees.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

This review is on the side of a renter. I have rented several times and I had one horrible experience at an AirBnB. Airbnb listened to me, elevated the discussion once they heard everything that happened, tried to help me find a new location confidentially for safety reasons, investigated after I left and they reimbursed me 100%. They treated me much better than the host did. They did everything right when the host did everything wrong. I applaud them for that. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2021

My experience comes from the hosting side of AirBnB, even though I have enjoyed using this site as a traveler. AirBnB has stepped in so many times to assist myself and my potential guests to coordinate the reservations should there be adjustments needed like pricing to fit budget requests. Their 24-7 response has provided me with answers that I have been able to relay to guests... when I can't quite figure it out myself. Their HUGE insurance policy gives both the traveler and me, the host, peace of mind and makes all of us comfortable in an un-expecting world. Their platform is easy to navigate both on my phone and my laptop. But I think the thing that I like the most about AirBnB...are the people I have met who have stayed in my Chicago rental apartment over the years. Travelers traveling.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I have used AirBnB several times, with my first being as I was driving a long distance with my family and we needed to adjust our route. I ended up being able to download the app, find a good spot, and book the place very quickly. Since then, I've used it a little more in advance. Most recently we used it to book a townhouse in Charleston, SC for a business trip. I've never had any issues with any of the places I've stayed - all were very clean and they've had more room+better amenities than most hotels.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Prices are great!! Offers the luxury of home while on vacation!! Cheaper than most hotels with more to offer! The more people you have to split costs with the cheaper it is, just make sure to check the maximum occupancy requirements! Many times you can get cheaper rates if you rent from home on the state lines! Many are pet friendly and all have way more room than you would find at any hotel for the same cost! Enjoy the feel of home while away from home!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I made a reservation on Sept 23, 21 for 12/23-12/28, and canceled on 12/7/21. I paid 50% which was $1100.50 to reserve. On 12/7 I was refunded $81.72. I just lost a thousand dollar because I had to cancel my trip because of Covid surge?! I understand protecting the host, but why would I be charged $1000 for it? This is an absurd amount of money to be charged for not received of any service. The host still have enough time to repost their listing. After this incident, I will most certainly not recommend or use AirBnb ever again. During these time, this is an unfair cancelation policy with unforeseeable events during a pandemic. Still fighting to get a better refund.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I'm a Superhost with Airbnb and have been for 4 years. On the 7th day of a 12 day booking my guest messaged me she saw a mouse that obviously entered while she was there as there has never been a problem after owning this for 20 years. We offered to come and have it remedied but she didn't want to be present or have us come when she was gone. We offered for her to leave and refund the remaining days but she didn't want that either. She said she would just wait to speak with Airbnb who took more than a day to call her back.

Without Airbnb even contacting me they removed my listing, blocked my calendar, told me I had 96 hours to prove extermination of the mouse (which the guest had already reported they caught with a $2 trap) or all future bookings would be canceled, refunded the guest ALL of the $2500 for the entire reservation including the 9 days she had already stayed, I received NONE. They didn't contact me for my side or input and kept sending links to policies that didn't apply including how to have a clean listing ignoring the fact I have 17 listings with close to a 5-star rating on each.

After I told them none of the links sent supported a policy for how it was handled the response was "it's an internal policy". They are short and hostile with the usual fake "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" with a string of exasperating fake empathy. They care nothing about their hosts. It has changed drastically over the past two years from what it used to be. I'm starting the process to list all my properties on VRBO hoping to transition to that platform. I heard they were just bought by Booking.com

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

For unknown reasons my photo on Airbnb was replaced with a photo of a female. I am a male so you can see how this could cause a problem. I called airbnb and they would only help if they could send a text to a cell phone to "verify" my identity. I explained that I had lost my cell and any text sent to a cell would be to a borrowed phone and was not proof of anything. The human robot just repeated that I needed to receive a text so, I can't (now, won't ever) use airbnb because I cannot remove the picture of a female from my account AND the idiots claim I can't be verified until I receive a text on a cell phone even if the cell is not mine! How does receiving a text on a borrowed cell verify my identity? IDIOTS!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We rented a vacation rental in Scottsdale, Arizona through Airbnb. WORST MISTAKE EVER. The home was absolutely filthy, the description was nowhere near what we ended up with, my daughter and I contracted a skin infection from dirty hot tub, the list goes on. The host did not care about any of our concerns and we spent almost $7000 for a Christmas vacation rental that didn't deserve $100. We were not able to find suitable housing for 7 of us to move to given the holiday and we were fearful we would not be reimbursed and have to spend more money on another rental.

When we reached out to Airbnb for help (only asked for half the money back), they took over a week to respond and when they did, offered $300 and stated that we should have filed a complaint within 24 hours of our stay.... WE DID JUST THAT! We filed multiple complaints to the host with delayed response and no resolution. Airbnb is of no help and offers no resolution putting the blame on the consumer versus making sure their clients are offering clean, healthy places for people to stay. I wouldn't even given them a 1 star if it would let me. Worst company in the business.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

The rental description indicated we would have the entire house to ourselves. It also used the word "duplex" but it was a house that was divided into two sections. The master bedroom, bathroom and a portion of the living room were separated from the rest of the house by a wall with a wood door. We could clearly hear a male on the other side of the door, which meant he could clearly hear us. It was like having someone living in the closet. This meant we had no privacy and felt very unsafe. We made the host aware of our concerns and vacated. After struggling with Airbnb for three weeks, they refused to refund our rent saying we were given what we signed up for.

Airbnb author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Airbnb is a marketplace for people to list or find accommodations around the world. People list their homes or apartment online, and people rent them for a listed rate and time. The company was founded in 2008 in San Francisco, California, and now Airbnb has users and listings in over 65,000 cities in more than 190 countries.

• Easy to use: To find a place to stay, simply type in your visit date in the Airbnb website or mobile app. Airbnb will show you all available options for that date, and you choose this selection.

• Airbnb experiences: Hosts can now list experiences on Airbnb. You can look for activities in the city where you’re staying and book hikes, cooking classes, tours and more through Airbnb.

• List your home: You can list your home or apartment on Airbnb and set your own rental price. Airbnb will protect you with liability insurance up to $1 million.

• Standards and trust: Airbnb works hard to make sure hosts and guests are treated with respect. Airbnb’s standards are based on five criteria: safety, security, fairness authenticity and reliability. Customer support is there to make sure you have a great experience.

• Airbnb for business: Airbnb will partner with your business to provide tools and solutions to streamline business travel.

Airbnb Company Information