Airbnb

Stars Rating

• 2%
  • 96%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?
    Staff

Reviewed June 15, 2024

Every time as a Superhost I needed help with a guest or issue with a reservation. They always blamed me not their system after I’ve verified multiple times with support what and how the issue occurred. Unfortunately there is no other with more marketing than Airbnb at this time.

Price

Reviewed June 12, 2024

I am an owner of AirBNB property. They notify you late so if you decline the reservation, it's an automatic win for them as they pocket your money. Also, smart-pricing? They will give your place away for pennies. They compare a 3 bed house to a studio in the bad season and then give it to people for the same price in the height of season. Trying to get a problem fix is a game of bumbling fools with nothing ever getting resolved. Their web page is difficult to maneuver as well.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 8, 2024

Airbnb has very questionable host review/rating system, I had a horrible experience with a host and I wrote them a review with my observations but Airbnb removed my review from host profile which makes me question trustworthiness of reviews on airbnb.

Verified purchase

Reviewed June 6, 2024

We booked an 11 day stay in Hawaii three weeks before our trip. When we arrived, we were ignored by the property host, could not get keys and Airbnb was NO help. Their customer service is nonexistent. They have passed me around to 9 different "ambassadors" and I cannot reach them after their promises fall through. When I try to call back, they tell me to send my request through messages. I am unable to follow through with the "ambassador" that tells me they will help me via messaging because they do not respond to the messages. Our initial $7500 payment for the house is not available for up to 10 days because of the way they refund. I understand that problems happen with their hosts, but it has been two days and we still have no resolution.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Airbnb's customer service to their hosts is appalling! They will take our money and use our homes to make them money and when there is an issue they do not back their hosts. Disgusting!!! I wish there was a better way to have them be held accountable!!!

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Horrible company. The representative is never the same person. I had booked 5 days and I only stayed 1 night because the air conditioner was not working and then I reached out to the host and never fixed. I had to booked a hotel that was not planned and reached out to Airbnb. It's been two weeks and they have not responded with my refund. I will never use this company ever again. Worst experience ever.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Terrible company if you have any problems. They won’t find you a comparable property if the host cancels last minute. When you find a comparable rental last minute, they won’t fairly compensate you for the difference. Avoid at all costs. Shady company!

Xiaofeng

Same thing happened to me, unfortunately.

Verified purchase
      Price

Reviewed May 29, 2024

This was one of the worst experiences I have EVER had, I feel that I was totally mislead from the get-go! This home was located in the very heart of the "Memphis Hood", there was garbage, old furniture, etc. littering the entire neighborhood, multiple dogs running loose, and more than enough riff raff wandering the streets. We were afraid to even get out of our vehicle to go into this home! I am NOT going to stay in such an unsafe area by putting myself or my family at risk! I have been in contact with you through this entire ordeal and you have totally failed in offering me a fair amount of compensation for our ordeal!

This was NOT just a simple case of cancellation, this was a matter of "Safety" and therefore I feel that I am not only entitled to a full refund but also an apology from not only you but also the "Host" of this seedy excuse of a vacation rental!! Please, do the right thing here and refund me my $727.00 plain and simple! You have made this past week so stressful and expensive for me and my family that even though this was my first time using your site, I will NEVER use it again and would tell all my family and friends do not use it either! By the way, just to be clear, this was NOT a vacation, we were in Memphis for my daughter to be seen at St. Jude Hospital!

Reviewed May 27, 2024

My last experience was horrible. I rented a house in Sedona for a client and to my surprise the air conditioner was broken. Called Airbnb and complete nightmare. They had me take pictures and left me outside the airbnb for 3 hours. I ended up leaving myself and getting a hotel. Aibnb ended up refunding me but they weren’t willing to at first. I had to show all this proof and find my own place to stay at 8pm at night.

Ok, glad that was over but nope! I am now being harassed by the host of the airbnb because I received a refund. She is going on to Google Business page and writing fake reviews and then having his friends do the same. Airbnb has done nothing and refuses to give me back my refund for the credit I received but at this point I don’t feel safe ever staying at an airbnb again. Three grown men attacking a women is frightening and to find out they live the next town over. I didn’t nothing wrong but not stay at his dirty home. As a women I will be staying at a hotel and taking all my business there as I don’t feel safe or secure staying at another airbnb ever again. Airbnb you need to do better and hold your hosts accountable for abusing your clients.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 24, 2024

I rented a big house in El Paso on Barrett Allen for $549 for 6 people. It was advertised as being for 10 people. It was filthy with terrible beds, broken blinds (no curtains) a broken window, eight chairs (four folding) for a very dirty table which seated four. Inadequate silverware (4 knives and 4 spoons), 1 dishtowel, no potholders, 4 washrags, broken door on the fridge, broken laminate on the counter. My sister fell out of bed (no wire rim on the 4-inch foam mattress) and tore herself up. Only plants in the back yard were poisonous and they "took pets". Our first job was putting the trash back in the can from the front yard. Toilet upstairs wouldn't flush, couldn't reach the strings to adjust the fans, showers were filthy and or slippery.

I sent a message to Hayle, the "super host" about the condition and her response was to lie on her review and claim we "ruined" a table and were awful and to never rent to us. When I posted my review, it was taken down. This house is dangerous and is NOT in the advertised condition. Beautiful misleading pictures of a pool table suck you in. I will not use them again.

Airbnb author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Airbnb is a marketplace for people to list or find accommodations around the world. People list their homes or apartment online, and people rent them for a listed rate and time. The company was founded in 2008 in San Francisco, California, and now Airbnb has users and listings in over 65,000 cities in more than 190 countries.

• Easy to use: To find a place to stay, simply type in your visit date in the Airbnb website or mobile app. Airbnb will show you all available options for that date, and you choose this selection.

• Airbnb experiences: Hosts can now list experiences on Airbnb. You can look for activities in the city where you’re staying and book hikes, cooking classes, tours and more through Airbnb.

• List your home: You can list your home or apartment on Airbnb and set your own rental price. Airbnb will protect you with liability insurance up to $1 million.

• Standards and trust: Airbnb works hard to make sure hosts and guests are treated with respect. Airbnb’s standards are based on five criteria: safety, security, fairness authenticity and reliability. Customer support is there to make sure you have a great experience.

• Airbnb for business: Airbnb will partner with your business to provide tools and solutions to streamline business travel.

Airbnb Company Information