Air Pacific

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I booked seats in May to fly to Fiji and due to my medical condition I requested for a seat in front. This request was approved but on the day of travel I was allocated a seat right at the back. I did inform their son at the check-in counter about my seat and he indicated that I got my allocated seat. When I boarded the aircraft I was shocked that bastard Muslim had misled me. I spoke to a crew member and he said he could get a ground staff for me to speak to. Travelers were boarding and I knew if this to happen my medical condition would worsen. I knew also the likelihood of me getting my seat back was slim. I Sat at my seat but was very uncomfortable.

Not strangely enough an almost similar situation took place on my return trip. Luckily I checked my boarding pass just before boarding. I saw an ATS officer who started inquiring into the details instead of attempting to fix the problem that was created by another bastard at the check-in counter. Finally, after a long delay the ATS officer decided to read my medical certificate to then change my seat. What caught my surprise was that normal people got front seats and I had it written in my ticket that I had a medical condition and yet I was treated like a piece of **. I think this airline is **.

I have travelled this airline for the last 28 years and might I add that the last couple of times I had the same experience as this time. No more. I will never fly Fiji Air ever and will go out of my way to discourage others not to. There are other airlines I can use. I do not wish to be treated like this. The food too is **. I suggest the airline should stop serving **. People traveling via other airline such as Virgin are far better off.

On the 29th of May 2016, I was to go to Nadi from Labasa on the flight # FJ80. This flight was scheduled to depart @ 12:45 pm. We checked in at 11:30 am on Sunday the 29th of May 2016. After waiting for about an hour and half we could hear people talking that the flight was being delayed. We did get a message when the flight left Nadi. Landed in Labasa around 1:30 pm. We then boarded the plane at 1:45 pm. I had frozen seafood with me worth of 400.00 FJD. They were all defrozen and we were not able to reused. We had to throw them away. Also everybody had been waiting for so long and were hungry as well as thirsty. Fiji Airways should have at least provided water and some snacks for everyone to survive. No such thing happened.

There should be some compensation done for goods which we had to destroy because of the delay and also for our time and patience. Anyway passengers from Labasa to Nadi and vice Versa have no choice as they have to travel by this plane only. There are no other plane services over there apart from this Fiji Airways. Passengers should be advise at least an hour before if the plane is delayed. Thanks for your understanding.

We were booked to fly to Fiji with Air Pacific, now called Fiji Airways on Friday 19th June at 12:55 am Australian time for an arrival time of 6:00 am Friday 19th June Fiji time. We were called at 3:30 pm to be advised our flights had been cancelled and we were rescheduled for an 11:30 am flight on the 19th. We arrived at 8:30 am as per our flight requirements and then continued to wait until about 4:00 pm as they delayed the flight almost 2 hourly. At 4:00 pm they cancelled that day's flights and told us they were putting us in a hotel for the night. We were then told there was a flight leaving at 3 am on Saturday 20th and we were to be up at 12 am to meet a bus at 1 am.

As we were boarding the bus, we were told that flight had been cancelled and were to go back to bed. We were told a bus would be at the hotel at 9:45am to take us back out to the airport for an 11:15am flight. We then sat in the foyer of the hotel for 2 hours waiting for a bus. After 2 hours we were told to take a cab to the airport and we would be reimbursed. At the airport we were told we would have to have our cab fare reimbursed at Fiji (The Fiji branch told us when we spoke to them that it would have to be done at our departure point. We have still not been reimbursed our AU $50 for the cab). We then sat at the airport for a 2nd day until we finally departed at 5:11 pm on Saturday 20th June. We arrived at about 12 am on Sunday 21st June.

Nothing is open on Fiji on a Sunday so we were unable to book tours for the Sunday. Essentially we lost 3 days of a 12-day holiday. Fiji Airways have sent a letter offering 20% discount off a full fare flight as long as we take it within 12 months. I can't take overseas trips every year, so they have basically offered me nothing for losing 3 days of my holiday. I also lost a nights accommodation at a Fiji resort.

My parents (Fiji citizens) returning on the midnight flight from Melbourne to Nadi 19 OCT 2014. They had the most uncomfortable ride in their lives. The air-condition system not sure if it malfunctioned or not turned on. It was so hot in the cabin all throughout the trip back to Nadi. When complained with the flight attendant, his reply to this solution was "You are sitting on the plane engine, that’s why so much heat is in the cabin." AIR FIJI AIRLINES! This tells us a couple of things about that particular aircraft. Either you guys think you are too smart to think, that we are dumb enough to take that advice. You are using such rejected aircraft in the air which maybe needs to be dumped or get it up to service.

Funny thing was, my parents said with the whole cabin hot, attendants were still handing blankets. A couple of passengers in the flight kept vomiting because of the intense heat. Get your aircraft back to order because my dad said the panel under ROW 24 was making noise all over the flight. Maybe you guys should start giving the "service cards" to get a rating on your aircraft. Only then you would know the real problems by passengers travelling on your flights.

I am disabled and was denied a wheelchair by ground staff, despite prior booking. On the plane, I was denied access to the front toilets, the only I could access as I am not able to walk to the back of the plane. Flight attendant rudely ask me to get out of her way and stop bothering her as she was busy. After being denied access to the front toilet, I went back to my seat but staff was delivering catering. I could not stand up and had to sit feeling weaker and weaker. Flight attendant angrily asked me to go away. I was physically not able to get up and needed help. I gave her my hand for some assistance in getting up but she became even angrier and denied me help. It was a passenger who helped me get up and back to my seat. Despite not eating or drinking to avoid toilet use, after a few hours of flight, I ended up peeing on me. I raised it with the airline which failed to take any action. I traveled on many airlines and never had any issue with staff, whose empathy is usually touching. I would AVOID Fiji Airways AT ALL COST!!! And recommend any disabled people to stay away from the airline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fiji Airways?

I lost my baggage on Tuesday night, 16/7/13. Flight was from Nadi to Sydney. I lodged my baggage claim with Air Pacific's local agents, Menzies, the same night. I tried to call them many times and there is no one answering the phone as they advise due to ground handling operation they can't take calls and leave a message. I left 3 messages before they finally called me. I spoke to them and they advised that they will call me on Thursday afternoon to advise of the progress of my baggage. They advised if my baggage is not located within 48 hours I will have to contact Air Pacific directly for compensation.

I called Air Pacific Sydney on 19/7/13 office and was advised that I had to contact Nadi Airport to inquire about my lost baggage as they don't have this service. What a shocker. We former Fiji residents travel with Air Pacific only because of our support for Fiji's airline and here we have to incur another $A40- A$50 to inquire about our baggage. It is not my fault that baggage has gone missing. Their Sydney office has not made any effort to assist me and referred me to their Nadi Office. If it were another Airline I am sure they would have assisted me. Air Pacific Sydney office should at least take my complaint and assist me. They are simply avoiding the matter. I wish to express my disappointment with this service.

I booked my flight with Air Pacific for February 2013 from Chicago to Nadi via LA. Unfortunately when I arrived at Chicago airport, they told me that my first flight had a delay of 90 min. (Virgin) but I still had enough time for my connection. At the gate, there were more and more announcements of delay because of the weather so I asked if I could make it or if I should stay in Chicago and fly next day (rather than being grounded in LA). Virgin told me they could book me for another one, but they couldn’t do anything about my Air Pacific flight (although this was one ticket so the companies should work together). The hotline of AP told me that if I wouldn’t be there on time, I had to buy a new ticket and the next one would be in 10 days! It wasn’t my fault that the plane had a delay. Even the ground team in LAX didn’t help me. So I decided to fly to LA. The pilot called the ground team if there was a delay but there wasn’t so I missed my flight.

When I arrived in LAX, I walked immediately to the AP office but they were all gone although they knew I would arrive in a few minutes. And additionally my baggage was somewhere in the international terminal but no one knew where exactly. So I was in LAX alone and had to spend the night there. I called my travel agent in Germany and he booked me on the next possible flight (3 days later but better than 10 days) but it had to be confirmed from Air Pacific. So again I called the hotline early next morning and the lady there told me that I had to pay nearly $1400 for that flight! She didn’t even give me her supervisor and when I complained, she told me the same things 3 times. I guess she was sitting in a call center somewhere and read it from her monitor. She said it wasn’t their fault because their flight was on time so I had to ask Virgin. And again I booked this flight with Air Pacific and not with Virgin!

Anyway, so I went to the airport to Virgin and they wanted to help me and the supervisor was very friendly but because my flight was booked with AP, they had to rebook me. At this time my luggage was still missing. So I started to run around at LAX to find out where my backpack was and when the ground team arrived at the airport all day and in the afternoon, I found out that they haven’t had a flight that day so they wouldn’t come. So it was already afternoon when I was lucky to find this man at the information desk who helped me - just a call in the office and my flight was rebooked for only $90 and he knew where I could find my baggage.

I was stuck in LA for 3 days. Of course, it was possible that the weather was bad, but I wished that they informed me directly at the airport in Chicago (hotline and Virgin with Air Pacific) so I could have stayed there without paying a hotel for 3 days and running around at the airport for nearly 2 days! And I wished that the ground team would have been there waiting for me, because they knew they wouldn’t be there next day. I felt so lonely at the airport and nearly cried! No one felt responsible for me! Something like this never happened to me. I’m a frequent flyer so I had delayed flights in my life and either missed my connection or had to run but there was always someone from the company who helped me immediately. Although I couldn’t complain about the flight itself, this experience showed me that this company has no customer service! If I didn’t need to, I would never fly again with this company!

My sister and I were booked on a 9 am departure from Fiji to Sydney on Tuesday, the 27th November 2012. When we arrived at the terminal, we were informed there was a delay in the departure time, which at the time was not a concern as we had still plenty of time to make our connecting flight in Sydney. As the day went on, there were more announcements to inform us there were further delays and they were unable to give a time as to when the flight would be departing. At the airport, we were given food vouchers to be used for meals - this we found very helpful and couldn't praise the airline highly enough.

We contacted our booking agent and were able to get a later flight if the plane left no later than 3:15 pm Fiji time, but this was not to happen. We commenced boarding at 3:35 pm, 6.35 hours after the departing time so our connecting flight was to leave Sydney by 6:50 pm Australian time. This did not give us enough time to make our flight, but we were advised that ground staff were to assist with anybody who had connecting flights that they had missed to go directly to that service link. When we arrived in Sydney, we went to Qantas link and were offered an early flight for the following morning which we accepted with thanks. Hence, this is where the problem began.

We were advised by a spokesperson from Air Pacific that because our booking was not a direct booking from Wagga Wagga to Nandi and return but Wagga to Sydney then Sydney to Nandi and vice versa on the way back, that your company was not at liberty to assist us with any form of accommodation or travel. So at 9:30 on a wet and rainy night, not only did we not have anywhere to stay, but we were also told we had to leave the Qantas link area as they were closing for the night.

We tried to speak with your spokesperson but we found him to be rude and quite abrupt in letting us know that we were not the problem of Air Pacific and he wished to not discuss anything with us further. As you could well imagine, we were very dumbfounded and irate to not only be told that we were not going to receive any assistance but also left on our own to try and find somewhere to stay. Being a first time flyer on your airline, this has left me with a very sour taste. I would appreciate it if somebody from your department could contact me via email as soon as possible to explain to me my rights about being provided with assistance when it was the fault of your airline that the flight did not leave by the scheduled time and left us with this problem. Also, there were 6 other people affected by this problem as well.

Witnessed risk of injury and racial discrimination: My husband and I had a flight on Air Pacific from LA to Brisbane with a layover in Nadi in September 2012. When we booked and paid ($2,800 USD) for our flights in January of 2012, we were led to believe (via statements on the Air Pacific website) that we purchased a Tabua upgrade but that you couldn’t do it online, only at check in, for a few hundred dollars to a more relaxed seating area. We were one of the first in line to check in and were told none of those seats were available and that the only upgrade would cost us $950 each for just the 10 hour leg between LA and Nadi (not the 3 1/2 hour stretch from Nadi to Brisbane). How could there be no Tabua upgrades available at check in when that's the only time you are allowed to purchase the upgrade (remember, we were one of the 1st in line, because we wanted the luxury of these seats and were willing to pay the few hundred dollars.).

We had a 3 hour layover in Nadi and then boarded another Air Pacific flight for the 3 1/2 flight to Brisbane. We were already exhausted from the full day at work and then the 10 hour flight from LA to Nadi and were not expecting to be put on the 2nd flight with at least 6 restless and screaming children ranging from newborn to 3 years old. With the seats being very narrow (I am a plus size) and the noise of the children, I politely got the attention of the flight attendant and asked if there was any way possible we could be moved to the business class section and offered to pay additional. She said she needed to check and left. She returned about 20 minutes later and said she would have to pay $997 per person for the remaining 3 hours (what, that's more than the upgrade for the 10 flight?). I pretty much expected that answer but was hoping for some compassion as we were noticeably uncomfortable.

As a former travel agent, I learned that you should always ask what other options there are especially if you are uncomfortable. For the most part, I was acceptant of her decision. However, what I was not expecting was that she then went to a Fijian woman sitting in front of us and moved her to 1st class without charging her a fee at all. The woman had to return to her economy seat at landing because she was not a paid customer of 1st class seats. What the heck? I was willing to pay additional (not the full ridiculous amount they wanted, but a few hundred dollars), but because my husband and I are Americans and not Fijians, we did not get the same treatment. I don't usually accuse anyone of doing things based on race, but this woman and another Fijian woman from further back on the flight were the only people we saw moved up to 1st class for free. It makes me not want to flight Air Pacific or recommend to any of my former clients who still come to me for advice.

In addition, we witnessed something very disturbing and really want someone to take note. When we returned from Brisbane to Nadi, on our way back to LA, we witnessed an extreme case of neglect and inattentiveness on the part of the flight attendants upon approach for our landing in Nadi. We were seated across the aisle from 3 children (age ranging around 9 or 10 years old) who were seated in a row by themselves. There was what looking like their father and maybe an older brother seated behind them. When the announcement was made to put the tray tables and seats upright and put seat belts on, all these steps were ignored by the children and their father was also not paying attention that the children had not followed these instructions. All were more interested in looking out the window to see the sights as we were only a few hundred feet above the ground. In fact, one child was standing in front of his seat trying to see out the window.

We witnessed 3 passes by flight attendants who were collecting trash with none of them correcting this safety issue. At one point we realized the flight attendants had taken their seats for landing and these children still had not buckled up. The father had noticed one of them and told him to buckle up. He did buckle but did not pull the strap to tighten it and it was extended all the way out and the child was still standing. The father went back to looking out the window. We were within seconds of landing and my husband yelled out that this man and that his child was not secured in his seat. That's when the father sternly got the child’s attention and forced him to secure himself with tightening up the belt. This scared us so much that we were in tears. I couldn't believe the lack of attention the flight attendants had that could have injured these children. Not to mention, we did have one of the roughest landing I've ever experienced.

With these incidents, I would not recommend Air Pacific if you want comfort and safety or do not want to be discriminated against. The only reason I’m rating Air Pacific even 1 star is that all our flights were on-time and we did not have any luggage lost or damaged.

Severe safety issue, discrimination of passengers: My husband and I had a flight on Air Pacific from LA to Brisbane with a layover in Nadi on Sept 18, 2012. When we booked and paid ($2800 USD) for our flights in Jan. of 2012, we were led to believe (via statements on the Air Pacific website) that we could upgrade to a Tabua upgrade but that you couldn't do it online, only at check in, for a few hundred dollars to a more relaxed seating area. We were one of the first in line to check in and were told none of those seats were available and that the only upgrade would cost us $950 each. How could there be no Tabua upgrades available at check in when that's the only time you are allowed to purchase the upgrade (remember, we were one of the 1st in line because we wanted the luxury of these seats and were willing to pay the few hundred dollars.).

We had a 3-hour layover in Nadi and then boarded another Air Pacific flight for the 3-1/2 flight to Brisbane. We were already exhausted from the full day at work and then the 10-hour flight from LA to Nadi and were not expecting to be put on the 2nd flight with at least 6 restless and screaming children ranging from newborn to 3 years old. With the seats being very narrow (I am a plus size) and the noise of the children, I politely got the attention of the flight attendant and asked if there was any way possible we could be moved to the business class section and were offering to pay additional. She said she needed to check and left. She returned about 20 minutes later and said we would have to pay $997 per person for the remaining 3 hours. I pretty much expected that answer but was hoping for some compassion as we were noticeably uncomfortable.

As a former travel agent, I learned that you should always ask what other options there are especially if you are uncomfortable. For the most part, I was acceptant of her decision. However, what I was not expecting was that she then went to a Fijian woman sitting in front of us and moved her to 1st class without charging her a fee at all. The woman had to return to her economy seat at landing because she was not a paid customer of 1st class seats. What the heck? I was willing to pay additional (not the full ridiculous amount they wanted, but a few hundred dollars), but because my husband and I are Americans and not Fijians, we did not get the same treatment. I don't usually accuse anyone of doing things based on race, but this woman and another Fijian woman from further back on the flight were the only people we saw moved up to 1st class for free. This makes me not want to fly Air Pacific or recommend to any of my former clients who still come to me for advice.

In addition, we witnessed something very disturbing and really want someone to take note. When we returned from Brisbane to Nadi on our way back to LA, we witnessed an extreme case of neglect and inattentiveness on the part of the flight attendants upon approach for our landing in Nadi. We were seated across the aisle from 3 children (age ranging around 9 or 10 years old) who were seated in a row by themselves. There was what was looking like their father and maybe an older brother seated behind them. When the announcement was made to put the tray tables and seats upright and put seat belts on, all these steps were ignored by the children and their father was also not paying attention that the children had followed these instructions. All were more interested in looking out the window to see the sights as we were only a few hundred feet above the ground. In fact, one child was standing in front of his seat trying to see out the window. We witnessed 3 passes by flight attendants who were collecting trash with none of them correcting this safety issue.

At one point we realized the flight attendants had taken their seats for landing and these children still had not buckled up. The father had noticed one of them and told him to buckle up. He did buckle but did not pull the strap to tighten it and it was extended all the way out and the child was still standing. The father went back to looking out the window. We were within seconds of landing and my husband yelled out that this man's child was not secured in his seat. That's when the father sternly got the child's attention and forced him to secure himself with tightening up the belt. This scared us so much that we were in tears. I couldn't believe the lack of attention the flight attendants had that could have injured these children. Not to mention, we did have one of the roughest landing I've ever experienced.

With these 2 incidents, I would not recommend Air Pacific if you want comfort and safety or do not want to be discriminated against. The only reason I'm rating Air Pacific with 2 stars is that all our flights were on time and we did not have any luggage lost or damaged.

Lost luggage and the service following has been extremely poor. I will never fly with Air Pacific again.

I booked 2 tickets to fly from Suva to AKL on June 30, 2012, FJD $1,896.80 fare including all taxes. The payment was required by July 2, 2012 by 3PM. On July 1st, I called again to Air Pacific reservation to purchase the ticket and provided them with credit card details to proceed with the purchase. Little did I realize that they have overcharged me with the new fare of $2,344.80. After realizing the error, I made so many calls and emails but none at Air Pacific has come to explain why they had overcharged. I am still waiting and waiting for my stolen money and have given them all evidence.

We are regular travelers and ask all those who is wishing to purchase ticket with Air Pacific through calling from New Zealand 0800-800-178 to be careful and check your bank account for overcharging. What is true when you call Air Pacific for response is "We have too many lousy and lazy customer service reps who are ill-prepared, unknown to travelers' grievance and how to deal with them quickly." Probably that's why Air Pacific is now doing a name change but have failed on its PR platform. I need answers, Air Pacific.

My husband was to travel with Air Pacific and he is in Australia. Air Pacific called to leave a message with me. I spoke to Air Pacific staff Jyoti on 28/4/12 at 6:15. She said she called my husband and left a message, as my husband didn't get any calls. I asked her to directly call him to let him know and cross check on the number. She told me it's not her problem. My husband was to call her. She was very rude, and she made me angry, as I asked her whose problem it was and why they couldn't call the customers. She very nicely told me it's not her problem and hung up. I think Air Pacific should train their staff to talk properly as of course customers are at times not happy, and staff provoking customers is just the way Air Pacific seems to be working. I'm very disappointed. Jyoti, you need to learn to talk to your customers. It's not as simple as you call and just tell customers it's not your problem.

Luggage missing - I flew on April 21, 2012 from YVR to LA by Alaska and from LA to Fiji by Air Pacific. Today is my 5th day in Fiji, but I still have no answer from the Nadi Airport agents. At the moment, I am very upset (mad) because I am here to attend a wedding this week. Today, April 27, is the second day of the wed. I have gifts for my families and my wife's families in that bag, but we still didn't get it. I called them every day to ask if they located my bag. How come they have no answer for me? The wed will be finished tomorrow - then, what’s the use of getting it? My vacation is spoiled by being stressed out and I hope the airlines will compensate in some way (either they should give me money so I can give my families or a free ticket). I need an answer ASAP. My phone number in Fiji is **; or please contact my wife Irene at **.

I arrived yesterday at January 18, 2012. My bags are missing and my fragile items are in pieces. I have been on the phone for 3 hours trying to reach an Air Pac Rep. Look at the phone numbers I tried: 310 568 8676, 310 649 2615, 1800227 4446, 310 568 8676, 1800 767 2247, 1866 767 3456, 310 348 8280. None of them work!

Your **** service suck, you not only have people who steal but are liars who work with you. Reason being why I am so upset and rude is because, first of all, our flight was delayed and we were at the airport from Jan 17th, 2012 at 6pm to 2:30am next January 18th 2012 next day, without food or accommodation. We were 7 people in total, 4 little kids and an old lady on wheel chair, with me being pregnant 7 months. Waiting in line to know when we will catch the flight what will happen. No clue. The service desk is very rude. I left a message at 6:30pm for a manager to call me and let us know about our inconvenience, she never got back to me. I went back at the service desk at 1am next day and she said we will be accommodated in LA because our flights are all affected now. The service desk lady told me that the captain is resting as they did not have anyone to fly the plane. The captain had flown a plane in the day time and in order for him to fly again, he had to rest and everyone had been delayed.

I paid for the extra luggage and got my 14 pieces luggage in. It was quite a hassle. Anyhow, we paid $470 extra for the luggage. I had a bag of fragile items. I got the labeling done. Moved to board the flight at 2:00am.

When we reached LA to get the bags, our 2 big bags went missing. I had my kid’s school homework in those bags as well and if they aren't submitted, they will fail their exams next week. I went to look for the Air Pacific agent and nowhere to be seen is the Air Pac Office. I finally got a hold of an Indian lady surrounded by a dozen people and came to know she was handling issues about Air Pacific. She told the wheel chair pusher to take us to Alaska Agent. The Alaska Agent named Macha said she has nothing to do with Air Pacific promises or about the lost luggage. She said Air Pacific is very smart in pushing the buck to others when they cannot handle their problems.

I am pregnant and I am running around looking for my luggage and then running to get the other luggage custom cleared for next flight. No idea when our flight is. Finally, we were told we will go at 9pm and then we rushed to get custom cleared. After clearing from there, we went to the boarding dept and were told that our flight is delayed until 10:30 pm. Now again, another day is lost.

We reached our destination at 2am next day and finally reached home yesterday at 5:30am. We not only lost our luggage, the fragile items are in pieces and we were never accommodated for what we were promised for. Nor did we receive proper service for our lost luggage. We lost 2 days because of the flight delay in Fiji. Children missed their school; I and my husband missed 2 days of work. I have received a warning for no show and our jobs are at risk now all because of Air Pacific.

Not enough, I have on the phone trying to get a hold of the baggage department, a lady by the name of Vallynee answered the call after 3 hours of trying on 18667672247 ext 6 and said she will call me back. To date, there have been no call backs. Then I called back and asked for a manager who had an Asian accent and said he will look into the unclaimed bags and give me a call back. No call backs to date.

I called today and spoke to a guy by the name of Kevin and he said even though the bags were lost by Air Pacific, Alaska is responsible. I told him what Macha told me and he said I have to contact Alaska. I kept telling that bags did not arrive at LA and the bag that had fragile was all in pieces he kept saying it is still Alaska Airplane responsibility. He said he will email me this in writing and guess what the days gone, and so has the night and the email has never arrived nor any call backs from any of Air Pacific Baggage department Managers.

I am very frustrated and if this affects my pregnancy, Air Pacific will be blamed as the amount of stress you have given me is unbelievable. I need the missing bags and need to be compensated for the fragile broken items. I also need to be compensated for the false promises about accommodating us with food and hotel by Air Pacific. I am looking forward to an immediate response.

I traveled on Flight MH129 then transferred to Flight FJ930 on the 5th of Jan 2011. My baggage was checked through from KUL-MEL-NAN. However, when I arrived at Nadi, Fiji, my bag was missing. On the 6th of Jan, for almost the whole day, Air Pacific staffs as mentioned above gave excuse that their system could trace the baggage fast enough. By evening, they claimed that the bag is still in Melbourne and promised to deliver them to Holiday Inn Suva, Fiji on the 8th of Jan, before 8am.

By noon of 8th Jan, they now claimed that they have referred wrong files and still had no news on the baggage. Staffs are really rude and only giving excuses, and they finally started to blame the poor communication they had with Melbourne Airport. This is absolutely a shame of an airline and its staffs to behave such. They are not even willing to issue an official report for the missing baggage in their Suva office and insisted that I have to generate and collect it in the Nadi office. After some heated argument with the Duty Manager Tabu **, they were willing to issue the report from Suva office. On my return flight to KUL again, even though I could get them to generate and issue a report in Nadi but the real concern is they couldn't commit how long they take to issue the report for me and therefore a risk of missing my flight from MEL-KUL.

On December 12th 2009, we had a family trip of a lifetime booked through Goway Travel in Toronto. This took many years of savings. We were flying into Fiji and our destination was Australia. We paid over $10,000.00 for the flights: my husband myself and two teenage sons. I paid in full in March for departure on December 2009, making sure we had window seats on the entire flight. I have been back and forth with Air Pacific getting absolutely nowhere. I am very disgusted with Air Pacific as I will tell you why.

Once we boarded with Air Pacific in LA for a 10-hour flight, our seats were soaked and water was dripping from up above in the luggage compartment. It was both sides of the plane in two rows on each side. I asked the stewardess and she told us that the plane is leaking water (condensation) but it was a fast leak. The stewardess said not to worry that once we get up into the air, it will slow down and in the meantime our clothes were getting soaked. Well, it didn't because we were soaked for the entire 10-hour flight.

At one point, I was furious and called for a stewardess so she moved my sons to the upper stuffy part of the plane. Needless to say, both the boys were separated for the entire trip with no window seats at all, one stuck in the front row in the middle and the other seven rows down on the end. In the meantime, I had a drip of water on the head continuously for the ten hours.

Once we arrived in Fiji, we had a layover for a few hours and then had to board Air Pacific again for a 5-hour flight to Sydney. We had to board the same plane. Once we were boarding, they told us that our seats were blocked off with a water problem and to go to row 46. Once we arrived at row 46, there was a family already sitting there, so we called for assistance and a man, named Hartley, came over and said that he would see what he could do. He sent us down to row 64, these four seats were in the middle of the plane with no windows at all. I wanted our boys to see Australia while we were landing but it didn't happen. I was very upset and felt like making a scene, so I asked Hartley if we could sit in first class and he said no and that he didn't have the authority to do so. There were plenty of vacant seats from Fiji to Sydney. He would not look after his passengers.

We paid to have window seats back in March and we were shafted due to a water problem with Air Pacific and I received a letter from Rosareen stating that there was a major problem and that the engineers were looking into it in Sydney but that didn't help us out. We took pictures of our wet seats and they had them blocked off with napkins hanging from the cracks in the upper compartment and water dripping from the napkins. On the other side, they had one of their blankets drapped over the seats which it looked like kids making a tent. It was not very professional at all and looked absolutely terrible and everyone was looking on.

No matter who I talk with, they all say that they can't believe the plane was leaking and that its such a long 10-hour flight. It sure did not start our vacation off to a good start. On top of everything, once arriving in Sydney Air Pacific, we lost one of our pieces of luggage in LA. It took eight days for us to get it back with many phone calls back and forth with Air Pacific.

After being back and forth with Air Pacific Rosareen for the past four months, she would send emails stating that they were looking into the issues raised. She kept telling me that she was sorry for all the delays that she needed to contact all of the departments with Air Pacific. When she finally got back to us, all Air Pacific would do was offer our family the business class lounge while traveling with Air Pacific on our next trip. I was very disappointed and I send her another email saying that it didn't happen in the business class lounge and it happened on the plane and I would like to be compensated for our flights. I have all of her letters and I also have pictures that were taken on the plane if needed.

This is not a safe environment at all and this is why I am not stopping as I feel Air Pacific owes our family compensation in funds or another flight(s). I really don't think that they look after their passengers at all. I am looking to be compensated for this. I would like to know if this plane's problem was ever fixed! This should be dealt with as there are a lot of passengers (over 400) on this flight.

The plane was infested with cockroaches. The gate agents who then were boarding the plane refused to look down and acknowledge them. The stewardess said that they have had this complaint before but that nothing is ever done about it. I paid to move my children to business class as the row they wanted to move the girls to also had the cockroaches running all over.

I could barely eat as I was so grossed-out by all of these bugs. They were running all over my girls' feet and backpacks under the seats. The girls were distressed as well. My travel agent contacted the airline to get us on another airline on the return and the airline said they have no bug problem on their planes. I paid $1500 USD to upgrade the girls to business class. Unable to change airlines on the return as Air Pacific would not credit us the return portion.

They smashed my US $200 guitar case which is specially constructed to protect a guitar (complete with steel reinforcements around the inside of the case). It has been crushed end to end and will no longer protect my guitar. For the guitar case to be crushed in this way, someone must have been extremely negligent. I have been in contact with Air Pacific for the past few months and am continually handed over to another person.

Their luggage liability policy states that they will offer 'US $20 per kilo for checked baggage'. They have offered me US $60 (3 kilos) but my guitar case weighs just under 10 kilos with the guitar in it. They are now saying that the liability is only for the weight of the piece of luggage EMPTY. Of course, this is a ridiculous idea because I did not take my guitar case on the plane EMPTY, plus it does not say that in their policy. As I am currently in Australia (American citizen on holiday), I have contacted the consumer affairs in Sydney and they have advised me to contact consumer affairs in U.S.A. because I purchased my ticket in the states (on the internet).

Air Pacific Company Profile