3.2/5 (698 ratings)

About Air France

Air France Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I will never fly AirFrance again and urge you not to if you have a choice. For reference, I previously worked for an airline, so I am very familiar with flying. First, for our first short flight our Viking Cruise got us to the airport 4 hours early (this was not AirFrance's fault), but AirFrance didn't open their ticket counter for another two plus hours, so we couldn't check in and had to sit with our bags in ticketing for a long ** time. On the long leg of our trip, the 8.5 hour flight, we didn't leave until about 30 minutes late (we were sitting on the plane) and then they didn't tell us until we'd already taken off that we wouldn't have internet for the flight. I did not pay 5k for my seat to not be able to contact my pet sitter or download a book for 9 hours, so I'd like a partial refund or for my review to stay up so others know what they are getting. Heed this warning, do not fly AirFrance. The also didn't have internet on a short leg on our way to Barcelona.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

Terrible service! Even if we got to CDG airport 3 hours before departure, we had to run to catch the flight. Long lines, some counters were closed while the ground staff was chatting, no sense of urgency from anyone. The area supervisor was even less helpful than the others. When we landed at LAX, we didn't find our luggage, and AF personnel had no idea of where it was. It was left in front of the house door the following day without even ringing the bell. We found the bag completely broken and unrepairable and AF only reimbursed us for 15% of the value for a brand new bag, with no explanation. Really unacceptable!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

This is the worst traveling experience I had in my life, bad customer service, very rude staff, very unorganized, the system is unprofessionally structured, they changed the gate three times without informing the passengers, I lost my flight so instead of working with me to catch up, Air France staff wanted to charge me double, they canceled my return for no show while I was there trying to find a solution with them, no one should undergo this treatment by an airline that is supposed to facilitate a trip Rather than making it hard and hutch!!! I don't recommend to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I requested a refund as My Trip got cancelled due to Covid Regulations. This refund has been going on for 3 Months (till the date of this review) during which I didn't receive any communication from the Airline nor a processing turnaround time. Tried the customer service in almost every possible way (Telephone, Social Media and emails) but none could support even with an expected date or month. The airline broke every promise they advertised during the ticket purchase. Gave zero answers to any inquiry that has to do with the refund. At this point I only hope, I Would ever get my money back. Bunch of thieves. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM. TERRIBLE.. TERRIBLE.. TERRIBLE.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

My wife and I paid for direct roundtrip flights from Vancouver (YVR) to Paris (CDG) for our honeymoon trip, and that's where our first experience (and probably last) with Air France goes horrible. To start, our direct return flight home to Vancouver got cancelled, and they tried to put us on a connecting flight a day earlier, which obviously does not work with our travel plans as we are not even in Paris that 1 day earlier.

Secondly, our seat selections for both our outbound and return flights that we made suddenly disappeared and my wife and I got separated to seats that were not together. We had booked our flights way earlier and there were lots of seat options at the time, but because they for whatever reason lost our seats, there were no good options left and my wife and I were stuck with choosing the only remaining option left for 2 seats together that were terrible, because all the seat selections had been taken now.

I had to go through multiple several hour long phone calls with customer service to 1) get on a new connecting flight (no longer direct) for our return flight home, and 2) sort out all the seat selections for all of these flights, now that we were no longer on direct flights. What's weird is that our connecting flight home is now on Delta Airlines for both legs, not Air France??? And they could not confirm me and my wife's seat selections to be next to each other for these flights, probably because they are on Delta Airlines rather than Air France???

To make complaints, the customer service phone line does not handle this as they only handle reservations. We filled out the online complaint form on June 22 and have yet to hear back, as our flight is in less than a month now. We called their customer service line multiple times again to follow up on our complaint case #, but was told each time that they cannot do anything to help. When we asked to speak to a supervisor/manager, or be transferred to ANYONE who could possibly help, they said there is no human we can speak to directly, nobody they could transfer me to, no email or phone number to directly contact, and that I would have to wait for an email response to our complaint form, which again we had already waited for more than 1.5 months.

In summary, this is our first time booking with Air France, and we have never experience such terrible non-existent customer service. This is not a single human you can speak to directly who can help with making things right. All you can do is submit an online complaint form into a black hole of cases that will never be addressed. I've tried multiple channels to reach ANYONE who can help, but each time I was told there is nobody who can help you, sir. Avoid Air France's archaic customer service system at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

11 Days and still have not received luggage. Air tags reveal the bags are in Paris. They move time to time but never seem to make it on a plane. I've called everyday and have been told I have been moved to advance priority. Paris does not respond back to Air France baggage customer service with updates. Very frustrating.

Original review: July 27, 2022

My dad 85 yrs old booked a ticket premium economy from Mumbai to Vancouver with wheelchair requirement. He never got a wheelchair at Paris and Vancouver and to make matters worse his bags did not arrive in Vancouver. After a lot of complaints and calls with long waits finally got bags delivered to house after 5 days. Of course getting compensation was not easy and after the same long wait on calls and planning complaints we got compensated after 2 Mths. Now on going back to Mumbai today, same wheelchair request was present. When we checked in bags the agent said that he will get a wheelchair only after he does security clearance, she said I can escort him to security and was advised to wait and that she had already informed the wheelchair person to come get him. I wasn’t able to help him beyond the security and left. On calling him he said that no wheelchair came and he had to walk to gate which was long distance.

I called Air France customer service and a load names Lela’s said that she would start a complaint - she apologized and I told her too that these apologies are not helping as I am worried if he will get the wheelchair in Paris and Mumbai and I want a guarentee that it will happen. We asked to talk to a supervisor and she came back saying they are dealing with another issue and cannot come on the line and literally hung up on us. I called again and been on hold 2 hours now. Worst worst airline. Recommend nobody to travel by this airline. If I had an option to rate it Lee than it be, it would be an negative rating.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I bought a ticket via Air France on April 12, on April 13, 12 hours later I cancelled due to my belief I had Covid. I called Air France and Nyver assured me that he had cancelled the ticket. On the 14 the Covid test was negative and I booked another trip exactly like the one I thought was cancelled. Same destination, same flight, same traveller, same credit card etc. AIR FRANCE charged me TWICE for the same flight. LOCATOR: W3VK4K = NOT CANCELLED. LOCATOR 3BCJOP (the one I actually travelled with) on April 18- 25 2022. Flights # AF 1127-968 -969-1726. The most amazing event was that at the check in counter the AirFrance agent saw I had two reservations and said nothing.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Ticket agent took my credit card to another counter and charged me 3 times and none of the charges were the amount she quoted me for an overweight baggage. I ended up being charged 240, 85 and 45 Euros and I do not know what for and have not seen $120 euro charge for the overweight baggage. This is so confusing and since I left the airport I am having a difficult time disputing the charges with American Express. Please be aware of Air France.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

The A350 plane is great for passengers (comfortable and quiet). However, the Air France service in Mumbai is sub-par at best and the service on board is not good either.

Mumbai ground staff ==>
    - I was unable to check-in via their website.
    - They weighed my bags at the check-in counter in Mumbai (no issues here) but they weighed by back pack and my carry on (Delta and KLM don't do this).

- Since I had 8kg more than their limit they asked to me to either pay $200 to check it in or remove excess weight.

- I removed the excess weight but was still 3kgs over. I asked if I could pay for the extra (3KG) and she said, "NO, we don't negotiate." The Ground Staff Manager was very rude and unwilling to even engage in conversation.
    - In the meantime, they had the same issue with at least (5) other passengers yelling at them about checked baggage.

- My inbound flight on Delta (DTW to BOM) via AMS had no weight issues for carry on baggage as they didn't even check.

On board Air France service ==>
    - On board staff didn't even care for customers as they wouldn't even make eye contact.

- They served the first meal within (30) minutes but did NOT serve any alcohol. The Stewardess said they don't serve it because it's too early and not served with breakfast.

- 7 hrs and 30 minutes later they served lunch (nothing served in between not even a bottle of water like other airlines). I asked for a beer and the stewardess in typical French rudeness said "NO"!!! No further explanation was provided.
    - I was even willing to pay but that option was not offered.

- Didn't want to pursue any further due to their rudeness.

In conclusion, avoid this airline if you can. Their codeshare partners Delta and KLM are far better. Perhaps the service was poor because they didn't like serving a plane full of Indians. Not sure but it's certainly disappointing that an airline treats it customers as a nuisance.

Air France Company Information