Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Toys R Us Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

What a terrible experience!! We were told by really immature store manager that they didn't match prices when it says it in 8 foot tall letters on front window!!! REALLY immature, acting snarky, rolling eyes and shaking heads, we have grandkids that like this store. Just a shame the company cannot hire friendlier people than this especially since this is a "FAMILY STORE."

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

On Thanksgiving eve I ordered 6 pre Black Friday items. Now it's December the freaking 4th and I get a email this morning saying that the toys I ordered my children for Christmas will not be here until January the freaking 4th!!! I have been checking on my order almost every other day and it had a ship date of December 4 - 7th. And on the email it says that my card will not be charged until the items ship well. That's ** because it was charged when I ordered it that day! No wonder this company is going belly up, they can't get the product to the Customer!!! I hope that your kids feel the disappoint that I'm sure many kids are going to feel this Christmas because they are not going to receive the gifts they are hoping to get!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

All over Facebook, Twitter, you name it Toys R Us is Scamming people. They are letting people place orders as far as I can tell from October 2017 to now (written in December 2017) - Charging people's credit cards online and never actually sending the products! The Toys R Us website when you log in and check your order will say "Shipped" but when you click on the transaction # for the USPS websites they will tell you Toys R Us never sent them any items! I contacted Toys R Us on Facebook and they responded by saying give them a private message. So I did with my info. I was told give them 48 hours to get back to them, well time is up and no contact! Hundreds of people having long waits on the phone being hung up on, Nobody is getting answers, not even people from two months ago, worst of all many people are not just not getting their items they are also not getting their Refunds!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I registered in May 2017 for our baby shower. After our baby was born we discovered that they would be going out of business or filing for bankruptcy. We hurried to use our gift cards that we received from our shower. The day I went conveniently their "system was down" and it was announced over the intercom. I was eventually awarded my credits for all the purchases made. And come to find out they expired 6 months after registering. It took me 9 months to get pregnant but they only allowed me 6 months to use our eGift card. I'm beyond pissed! I will never recommend this place to friends or family. I hope they do go out of business. Next time I will use Buybuy Baby.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

As I’ve read over some other reviews, apparently I’m not the only one with this problem. I placed an order for some Christmas gifts on ‘Cyber Monday’ 2017. One item was not available to pick up in store, and when I reviewed my online order perhaps an hour after placing it, I realized that the item somehow was going to be sent to a default address which was associated with my account from a friend’s baby shower over 5 years ago. This gift is for someone else completely, and should have been shipped to my home address in any case. I immediately called customer service and was told flat out that they had no ability to fix the address on the order - even though it had only been an hour ago that it was placed.

They put me through this process of ‘attempting’ to cancel the order, which now (4 days later via email) I find out was not successful. So even though the item has not to my knowledge been shipped, this company is unable (read: doesn’t want to) cancel it? All this for some stupid $15 toy. Either Toys R Us shipping and fulfillment centers are stuck in 2005, or the company wants to make it very difficult for customers to cancel orders, in order to fluff up their December sales figures. It’s just so sad because all of this could have been fixed if their logistics systems would allow customer service reps to make address corrections in an efficient and timely manner. Instead I’m left here contemplating how Toys R Us has wasted my valuable time this holiday season. And that is not fun at all, it’s just infuriating!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

My daughter is bawling her eyes out because Toys R Us has shipped her children's Christmas packages to some address in another state. I just went over to her house and she has both hands on her head sitting at her kitchen table crying with all a piece of paper and all these phone numbers trying to figure out where her packages are. Half were shipped to Long Beach California. The other half in process to be shipped to same address. Toys R Us will not let her get her address corrected so her order will come to her. My daughter is worried about her children's Christmas presents arriving on time for Christmas. This is not right. She should of been able to get the address corrected to her address. You meaning Toys R Us has caused my daughter emotional strain and worry. This is not right for her to be crying and worried about her order like this.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I ordered 2 orders from Toys R Us website, on 11/10/17, & paid extra for expedited shipping. They billed my credit card for both orders the same day but 2 days later emailed me that orders would not be shipped until 12/15/17. On 11/16/17 I called Toys R Us corporate office 973-617-3500 & entered David Brandon, CEO, name at the prompt. I spoke with someone & was told my charges would be credited to my credit card. One charge was credited that same day but was recharged yesterday, Nov 28, 2017. The other charge has not been credited to my credit card. I called corporate office again & reported my complaints again. Toys R Us did not have my permission to make a charge to my account yesterday so someone is using my credit card without permission.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I got straight out of bed this morning at 8:30am to go to Toys R Us to buy a mini Super Nintendo. It’s one per customer. I ask to buy one and the employee says her manager told me I can’t have one because I already bought one. I say “what?”. She repeats and calls her manager back. He then tries to argue with me that I was already there at 8 and bought one. This point in time I’m perplexed. I literally just crawled out of bed. He said a guy with the same color hat and coat bought one earlier.

Apparently just because I have the same color clothes as someone, it’s me. Right when I walk in the door he told her this. Now if it’s one per customer and I was actually greedy and wanted two, do you think I would go back to the store thirty minutes later in the same clothes to buy a second? Where is the logic in that. It was completely rude and I will be taking my future shopping somewhere else. This happened at the Lima, Ohio store, store #8919 and the manager was the morning manager. An older ** male.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I spent over two hours shopping online for Christmas for my grandchildren. This is a first for me, but due to limited time, I felt this would be easier for me. When I started to check out, there was a blurb about getting 25% off if I applied for a credit card on a Saturday or Sunday. I decided to do this then turn around and pay it off with my debit card. I was immediately approved for the card, but the temporary number only stayed on my screen briefly then disappeared without a trace. There was nothing to prompt me to write the information down or to capture a screenshot of the information. I called Toys R Us to try to recover the number. They had asked me to for answers to security questions when I applied for the card, so I thought for sure with my social security number, DOB, and the correct answer to the security question that I could get the information I needed and complete my order.

The two ladies I worked with must have been trained to say, "I understand and I am sorry but we cannot help you with this," because they said it over and over. What I don't understand is why I was not able to recover the information I needed since I could answer any of the questions they asked. Needless to say, I asked them to cancel my brand new credit card account as I do not plan on shopping at Toys R Us after tonight. Because I had just spent 3 hours shopping and talking to the customer service reps, and I don't have a lot of time to shop, I went ahead and placed my order using my debit card, but I am very frustrated that I did not get the 25% off--the only reason I even applied for the credit card to begin with--since I had an order of almost $250, and I wanted the discount. I do not see myself shopping at Toys R Us again.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was on hold waiting for a representative for 1 hour. The representative then picked up the phone and hung up. I called back and was on hold for another 45 minutes and hung up on again. Finally I got a hold of a representative and was told they couldn't cancel my order TWO HOURS after I placed it. This is an awful business with horrible customer service. Good riddance Toys R Us!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I placed an order online at 12:30 a.m., and did not realize until I completed it that my address that is stored in my phone and entered a incorrect zip code, which means my order was going to a incorrect address. I immediately called, thinking they had people manning their phones. No. I had to call when they opened. I called at 7:00 a.m., was told they could not change the address, they could only cancel the order. I was given a Cancellation number and was told it was going to the cancellation department. 18 hours later I received another e-mail that they had received my order.

I once again called, and was told I could not cancel my order, but that I had to refuse delivery (this is not my house). Less than 24 hours later they shipped my item to a incorrect address. I called the shipper and told them I refused the delivery, and they told me that they would TRY and stop the delivery. No guarantee. All this because TOYS R US didn't know how to do their job. I will never shop there again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Their system errors out on the shipping address and now they can’t cancel the order or correct the shipping address. What kind of company can’t correct a shipping address or cancel an order?! Basically on out my money for the order and there is nothing they can do. Hope someone at that random address likes the toys I bought them. Was supposed to go to a toy drive at work. They deserve the bankruptcy they are going through. Good riddance.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

First I would like to state that my local store is amazing, however the Online service for Toys R Us is horrible. Regretfully they are a different service than the local stores and are both Toys R Us but separate. Again my local store is awesome but the problems I have had with Online are abysmal. I have had toys shipped with falling apart packaging, Toys shipped in boxes that were watered damaged, But the worst has been the Toys R Us credit card and online together. I did not get my rewards points because of a promotion that was being offered for promotional financing (I pay my card off every month, do not want this). I would have used my Discover but the online receipt states I was charged the sales prices but when I got my credit card statement I was charged the full price, I was charged almost 2,000 more than I should have. Check your statements if you bought Black Friday sales online with a Toys R Us credit card in 2016.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Placed order on 11/19 with promo codes. On 11/20 I received an order cancellation for "out of stock" when it was still being sold online. I called customer service and was on hold for 40 minutes before selecting the callback option. It has been three hours with no callback. It is no surprise they are going bankrupt because their service is absolutely terrible.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Toys R Us doesn't stand behind their gift cards. I checked for the balance online, but since the card did not have a pin number, I was not able to get the balance. I called the 800 number and stayed on line for over 25 minutes as the representative put me on hold multiple times then came back, asking me for a pin number. We went back and forth multiple times, when I was asked for the pin number and I explained again and again that there wasn't a pin number on the card. The result, half an hour wasted, and no ability to find out the balance of my gift card, or to find out if it was already redeemed... Poor poor customer value. Won't shop with them ever again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Layaway is a great thing and it's great for parents that don't have all the money. Layaway should be done right, of course, year after year Toys R Us disappoints and they truly want to know why they are being matched out, l am clueless why they don't know. They lose the orders, the staff is clueless, chip pads don't work, no big bags, the list goes on and on. Want to make a payment? Can't because the chip pad doesn't work. Try to go online this morning. Well I have someone else order, WHY? I think I will be following Walmart next year, some of the stores need to close, the items are cheaper at Walmart, for Toys r us to keep a sale they have to price match it or they will go to Walmart. The company has been around for years, I think changing staff and marketing play a big part and losing money they are every day. Some stores where I live should be close by now, why they are not, I don't know.

KINGS PLAZA STORE: It's like shopping in the SWAMP with SHREK and FIONA. METROPOLITAN STORE: NO WIFI (HELLO IT'S TIME TO UPDATE). The marketing staff needs to get a grip that these stores and some others won't survive give or take. (2020) TOO many stores. The staff is clueless about the toys and don't know much about anything in the store besides punching in for work. So now I need to go to the store and make a payment and take the copy I printed and find out who is using my email. Way to Toys r us another year with making more DUMB mistakes as it is the NORM.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Toys R Us online service are the worst. They are very rude, hang up on you, dont want to look into the matter. I have been trying to place the same order for a week and it gets cancel everyday. After staying on the phone with an agent for three hours the order still has not been placed. The supervisor has no idea about anything. They do not know how the Toys R Us credit card suppose to work. They are the most incompetent people ever. I guess I need to find another place to shop for the kids.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Constantly cancelling order with no explanation. Call customer service and they can't tell you anything either. It's so annoying! Out of 10 orders, everyone canceled but one with no explanation at all. Then takes days to release the money back to the bank.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I placed an order for pick up. The item was showing availability in only one store which was a pretty far drive from my place. The item showed availability at this store for a couple weeks. I bought the item online and received a confirmation email. I did not read the cancellation email so I do take fault for that (unlike many of the other very upset customers who wrote before me), though the item should not have been listed as available in the first place. I end up at the store only to find out the item was cancelled and the guy at the register advised me that the item hadn't been there in a very long time and then advised me they were stocked at a different store... One that the website did not list as available -__-.

At this point, I did not want to take another journey to a store location on the complete opposite side of town. I check the website and behold, it's been updated, so basically, I helped the website update their availability! I should be hired, right? I contacted customer support via Chat because I honestly did not want to sound like a whiny ** consumer like most of the people who write long reviews including myself. I told the chat representative, Shealia, my story and she helped me find a great resolution. Shealia then had me call the customer service line to place my order with another great rep named Crystal. She was also quick, friendly and made sure my issue was taken care of. Upset that the website was incorrect and at myself for being that one consumer who doesn't read emails and blames it on the company BUT I'm pleased with how the issue was resolved.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Toys R Us in Woburn Ma is terrible. At 1st things seemed great, 1st gentleman I dealt with was great, not to mention my kids were excited to look around. The woman @ customer service was rude and arrogant. She embarrassed me in front of my family and other customer. I was looking for an item for my toddlers and they have a pull tag system which is fine. I pulled a tag and a employee nearby said he would see if it was in stock, fabulous I thought. He said, “Yes we have plenty.” I was like, “Great let me look around to shop some more.” When I proceeded up to the front I saw a different item at the desk. I said to the lady, “I have this tag and would like to see if someone could help me.” She said, “This is your item”, I responded with, “No it’s not.”

She sternly said, “YES IT IS THAT'S THE TAG YOU PULLED.” I said, “Well let me go check again because this is not what I had in mind." She got on a walkie and was talking to another employee about me rudely which everyone in the store including my children could hear her. When I went back to what I was looking for lo and behold there was multiple incorrect tags. I then went up front as they continue talking about me on the walkies and said, “I do not want this item as it was tagged wrong.” She had a terrible attitude, huffed and puffed like I was troubling her. Even though I want to walk out I could not take from my children. I was then overcharged for the items I did buy (I noticed when I returned home). My older children were asking a lot of questions about what the employees were saying about me and how rude and how bad her attitude was.

I CALLED the corporate office, they put in a complaint. I did hear from the new store manager which seemed to go well and he seemed concerned. HE told me he wanted to make things right. He was going to send me a gift card that was in Aug 2017. Well the end of Sept rolls around no gift card. I called back when he answered, he appeared to be very frustrated with me and seemed like he had no care in the world or intent to make this right considering I was embarrassed and overcharged. However he claimed he would look into it.

Well now it’s the end of October, I still have not heard back nor have I received my gift card. I Will be sure to advise all friends and family never to step foot in this place ever again. I have 5 children and 2 godchildren and would always shop at a Babies R Us or Toys R Us now I will not. IF THEY DON’T VALUE THEIR CUSTOMER WHY SHOULD I BENEFIT THEM BY SHOPPING THERE? Walmart, Target & Amazon will now have me as a customer...

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I placed an order online, I first received an email with the confirmation then I received another saying my order couldn’t be processed. I called Toys R Us and they said it’s on my Banks end. I called my bank, and it definitely wasn’t on their end. I called and spoke to a different person and they said that for whatever reason the order was cancelled on their end and it would take 5-7 days for the money to return to my account, and also stated that if I called my bank they could release the money for me.

After calling my bank again they needed a fax from Toys R Us stating they can release the hold. After callings Toys R Us for the 3rd time they said they are unable to send the fax. I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that no one could give me an actual reason as to why my order was cancelled in the first place and now I have to wait for the money be put back into my account. I will never order from Toys R Us again and I will definitely make sure all my peers know not to order either.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I placed a $500 order with Babies R Us on 10/15/17 after being on the phone with a representative for an hour because I was unable to complete the order online due to their major website issues. The next day I called because I did not get a confirmation email. I waited for another hour and the order could not be located with the order number or any of my personal identifiers, even though there was already a hold on my bank account. I asked for the order to be cancelled and re-ordered what I needed (if both items were available at another store I would not have ordered them through Babies R Us!). Due to the fact that the order could not be located, everything was in limbo for about a week.

I have since spoken to 7 other representatives and supervisors, spending about 7-8 hours on the phone, and they have not only been insincere with their monotone apologies, but the order has been shipped and my account charged even though I was assured that the order would be cancelled. The supervisor that I spoke with today was obviously annoyed talking to me (I told her that I was upset because I had been hung up on 3 times and they conveniently cannot make outgoing calls if a call is dropped so you have to start all over again if you are hung up on). The item that still needs to be cancelled is being shipped through an outside company and this supervisor would not call them on my behalf to handle cancelling the order because it was too soon after being shipped. I voiced my frustration with this poor customer service and she actually ignored me on more than one occasion, changing the subject.

I asked for the shipping company's information and called after hanging up with her. They were immediately able to help me and told me to call them back if there were any further problems. The Babies R Us team, however, made no attempts to genuinely show that they cared about the poor experience that I had or make any attempts to keep me as a customer. I will NEVER shop there again and will be sure to share my poor experience so that no one I know has to go through the same thing. If I could give them negative stars I would have.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I would give them a negative 10 if I could. Customer service is HORRIBLE!! I ordered an item for my daughter-in-law’s baby shower (which is 6 weeks from now). Input my address for shipping. Checked all information prior to placing order and all was correct. Then I received my confirmation email... Which showed shipping direct to my daughter-in-law!! I tried to change the shipping address online - nope. Tried to cancel the order so that I could place it again - nope. Called Babies “R” Us. Was on hold for 36 minutes (!!) prior to someone answering the phone. CSR told me that there was nothing that she could do. As it was an online order, she could not change the shipping address nor cancel the order! After 10 minutes discussing this with her, I asked to speak with a manager.

Manager was totally useless. After 1 hour and 8 minutes on the phone, I was told that a change could not be made for 3 days!! I told this manager that in 3 days, the item would have already been delivered to my daughter-in-law. She said that there was nothing that she could do. Really?? If they were my employees, they would have been fired for EXTREMELY poor customer service. But this is how Toys “R” Us and Babies “R” Us operates. They don’t care about the customer. My daughter-in-law will receive her gift way ahead of time - and I will not have a gift to present to her at the baby shower unless I buy something else. Customer service at Babies “R” Us truly sucks. I am extremely disappointed. And the worst part is that they don’t even care. Sad.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I ordered something last week and selected expedited shipping (2 days shipping) because I needed it to arrive on time for a present. Two days later I received an email that shipping was unfortunately delayed and there was no estimated new shipping date. I had to scramble and get another present in a pinch. I also called Toys R Us, I was on the phone for a long time, finally talked to someone and canceled the order. She assured me that the order had been canceled. Five days later I received another message saying that "the order was shipped" -- now that it is useless, no longer needed, they also had the nerve to perceive the fee for 2 day shipping when they actually shipped the order one week later.

I tried to call customer service again: impossible to get to them. I went to the store in town: they cannot do anything. I will never buy from here again. Service/Delivery Comments: Customer service is very disappointing. There is no email address anywhere on the website. When you call them, you are on call for a very long time and even when you get to someone they are useless.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I went to a Store in Fullerton on last Saturday to Buy & ship a Kitchen set (Toy) for my Granddaughter who is soon turning to be One. The product was advertised on Internet/ Free shipping. But at the end it came up with $9.99 Surcharge, that no one at Store level could explain. On calling to Customer service & Finally speaking to Mgr. in that Dept (Ms. **) said if item is oversize or overweight "SHIPPER" charges a SURCHARGE, that customer has to pay & they have no control over it & it cannot be waived. Question What is meant by FREE SHIPPING? When you are buying from a store, or online when it is FREE SHIPPING customer pays nothing. In this case it seems like it is a FRAUD or a DECEPTIVE advertisement. For which TOYS R US is responsible & any or all customer who has been victimized must take some action against the company.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I ordered 5 items from my niece's baby registry for a total of $113.54. I received 4 different emails stating one item was not available and 4 items were being delivered separately. I have no idea if any have been delivered. I tried to find the delivery information from the site and continue to receive message of no information for order number. I have no idea if the items have been received and do not appreciate that I have to ask if items have been received. Plus, if received, is she aware of the sender (me) of many different items. A baby GIFT registry should send items as ONE gift! Isn't that the point of a registry? IT IS A GIFT! I am dissatisfied with the unprofessional baby registry system and will NEVER order through them again! I am still trying to find out if anything received - Ugh...

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have never had this much of a problem with a company before. First off I was trying to order a highchair for my son. Once I got all the information put into their system and hit place order it took me back to the review page for my order. So I checked my email to see if there was a order confirmation but no luck. I also check the gift card balance and my husband bank account and the money had been pulled out of them. The next day called customer service (30 mins to talk to anyone) and was told the money would take 24 hrs to get back on the gift card and longer for husband's card.

Husband got his money back but nothing for the gift card. Called again and was on hold for almost an hour. Finally got help and one gift card got money returned but did not have the other number on hand so could not get the money returned. But you would think they would in the notes of your case keep the gift card number. After got the money returned to the gift card decided to use the money once and for all so placed another order for some swaddles. I just got the package and two of the swaddles are the wrong size and I can not just exchange at the store because no stores around me stock them. But if I send them back with the prepaid shipping tag I lose some of my refund. Once I get this scuffle taken care of I am done with Toys R Us for good. I do not know how this company is still in business with how many problems they make for themselves.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I bought couple of bikes for my kids yesterday from Plaza 48 location, Long Island City. Store manager Anthony was great! I forgot to bring my 15% coupon, but he gave me 15% discount. So I didn't have to travel back to my home to get the coupon.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

HORRIBLE experience! STAY AWAY unless you want to risk your baby's happiness as it may never receive their toy. I have tried to make 5 online orders and NONE of them went smoothly. I made two orders online, then 2 hours later I received a cancellation saying the item was unavailable. How come. Isn't your store in sync with availability?! The credit was issued 2 days later while you were quick to take the money on purchase that was never available. I made another order of different item, waited for a whole week and the FedEx saying Delivery Exception, shipper requested it to be returned?!?! Never received it and I needed for my baby. How cruel is that?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

If I can give below one I would have done so. I ordered a crib and a dresser to be delivered to the house. The shipping company called minutes prior to pulling in my driveway informing that they have a delivery for me. The driver wanted to drop my crib and dresser on the asphalt even though we paid around $300 for shipping and delivery since they are heavy. The driver rejected to put them inside the house so we rejected the delivery. My husband called Toys R Us and they assured us that they will credit our $1400 back into the account. Yesterday we called to check on the status and Toys R Us informed they have nothing to do with this and that's our problem with the shipping company. The supervisor rejected to talk to us by all means. The guest relation was trying to help and the supervisor didn't even to talk to me and offered me a $20 coupon!! What a shame.

I went in July to Manchester store. The baby registry staff greeted us and they were extremely helpful. Our family and friends started going there but each time someone wanted to buy something in the registry, the staff informed that it's out of stock!!! It happened with every friend who went there to buy stuff for my baby!!! Also, I ordered an ottoman and a nursery chair early July. Called the store so many times and I stayed on hold for hours. No one was able to locate my order or even update on the status. Even though they requested a full payment upfront. I don't know where is the management of that store!!! We the pregnant woman need less stress. I can't believe how poor and unsatisfactory is your customer service and your service after sale. Shame on you!!! This is our hard earning money!!! Now I deleted my registry after spending hours at the store and while surfing their website to build it. This is the biggest scam ever.

Toys R Us Company Information