Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Toys R Us Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2012

I bought an umbrella stroller from Toys R Us for my baby, a couple of months before he was ready to use it (big mistake evidently!). The stroller broke after being used 5 or 6 times. When I tried to exchange, it was refused because I was just over the 90-day limit. I spoke with a manager and she refused to budge, told me I would have to ship it to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. Over the last week, I have talked to the manufacturer twice on the phone, emailed them the requested scans of the receipt, pictures of the damage and pics of the model number, and still no resolution! Very disappointed in Toys R Us. Amazon has much more efficient problem resolution, guess I will go back to shopping there (so much for "brick and mortar" stores making for a better buying experience)! Probably will not buy from Toys R Us again or be able to recommend them to anyone!

Original review: July 28, 2012

A few months back, my family and I went to Toys R Us to buy a gift for a friend. They had a Skylanders promotional going on, so we decided to buy that. We ended up getting around $30 in "promotional" gift card which we were going to use at a later date. But at the check-out, I was only told it's a gift card meaning gift card doesn't expire. So, not thinking of anything, I stuck it into my wallet. So one day, my son asks me about the gift card and wanting to see the card since it had a Skylanders on it. Then he told me, "Mom, did you know it expired?" I was like, “What! Why does a gift card expire?” Sure enough, there was an expiration date on it! So I called the store and the 1800toysrus.

The girl at the store was like, "We can't do anything about it if it has an expiration date on it." But the 1800 number representative was a bit rude! I told her that the store should mention that this card has an expiration date so we would be aware of it! Then she went and told me, "The cashier at the grocery store doesn't have to tell you that milk has an expiration date on it so you have to drink it before it expires." Can you believe it! I told her all milk has an expiration date but Toys R Us has one with and one without! Then she ended up blaming the company who made Skylanders saying Toys R Us can't do anything about it because it's Skylanders' promotion. My kids were looking forward to buying more Skylanders from Toys R Us but I will be doing my shopping elsewhere for sure!

Original review: July 26, 2012

I shopped with my two nephews on Black Friday to buy them both iPads, which when you purchase them, you'll receive a $50 gift card per iPad. One of my nephews live in TN. He came to visit recently for my other nephew's birthday. They went to Toys R Us with the gift card ($100) to buy a video game for his birthday and was told the card expired in January and that it was a "promotional" gift card. I called the store in Mentor, OH and was told by the manager that was correct. I explained to him that these are teenagers and they are not going to read the back of the gift card to see that it expired in January. This was a gift. I asked for the number for corporate and spoke to several people one after the other and finally said, "If you're going to tell me the same thing, don't bother. I want the address to the corporate so I can bother the Senior VP or someone high up" and he gladly gave it to me, like it was an everyday occurrence. I've yet to send or call them today.

Original review: July 20, 2012

I recently saw a man, who was asked to leave the Times Square Toys R Us due to solicitation of his business. The man left with no incident. I was on an employee's Facebook page and recently saw two employees disrespecting the man, writing that the security wanted to bodily harm him, and calling the man names. I do not believe this is appropriate and the type of things employees should be saying, regardless if it is on a person's Facebook page. More and more companies are looking through people's Facebook pages to see the character of the person. Why should this be any different with a current employee? I find it disrespectful and distasteful. I do not believe I will be shopping there or recommending anyone to do so, if these unprofessional employees are the type of people they hire.

Original review: July 19, 2012

Outdoor play yard, 3 swings, slide, etc. - I opened all boxes (very heavy) and had 2 professional carpenters hired to assemble. Upon opening all boxes, we found that all of the wooden pieces were not labeled, missing parts, broken parts and a partial instruction sheet. I called the corporate office and spoke to a supervisor. I told him I was very unhappy and will have the men I hired to install it, to return it to the store. He told me it could not be returned because it was a seasonal item (even though I bought it in June and it is now July. Isn't it in season?). He said it's the company's policy, but I could gladly go to the store and open all the other gym sets to find the broken and missing parts I needed. Are you kidding me! Listen, I paid $849.99, hired 2 carpenters and received an incomplete product. I was still told, "Sorry, that's our policy." This policy is designed to make it impossible for people to ever get a return. A total slap in the face to all customers!

Original review: July 18, 2012

I ordered a pool. I was charged and never received the package. I have spent 2 days calling and haven't gotten anywhere. They told me UPS lost my package and I would have to contact UPS. I called UPS and they said call Toys R Us. This is unacceptable because I bought the merchandise from Toys R Us not UPS. Please help me. They stole my money.

Original review: July 11, 2012

I bought a 16 x 48 Intex pool on June 22, 2012 and the pump is bad. So, I went to Toys R Us and was told I needed to deal with Intex pools. So, after holding on the phone for 20 minutes, they said they would em a claim form and as of 4 days, I have not received one. I called again and was told I would have one in 5-10 minutes, still waiting on this. I went by to see the manager again and was no help. All I want is a replacement pool. The problem is that my grandkids have been without a pool for 3 weeks. I feel like Toys R Us should not sell a product it will not stand behind. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

Original review: July 10, 2012

I live in Vancouver, Canada and bought a DaVinci crib ($179.9) online at US Babies R Us website on June 22, 2012. Babies R Us front page had a promotion for all DaVinci cribs: Any purchase of DaVinci crib will get a free DaVinci crib mattress which is worth $119.99 value. I thought it was a great deal so I bought it, paid $16 tax, extra $15 for shipping and extra $10 to pick up at US shipping pick up center at Point Robert. The promotion was still showing up at the Babies R Us front page for at least one more week after I ordered the crib.

After few days, I picked up the crib. I discovered there was a crib only, no mattress! So, I called customer service immediately and they told me the free mattress was in first come first serve basis and they have no more stock. Really, what the hell? I can't believe it is a scam and misleading on an international company website. There is no sentence that says it is first come first serve on website, and the website never notifies customer it is out of stock and the promotion is no longer available when purchased. It should at least notify customer whether we should still buy it or not when the promotion is no longer available; or it should notify customer before they even ship out the crib only to customer.

I paid $220 (including tax, shipping, pick up fee) to purchase online and picked up in US just because I believe it comes with a bundle of two items, not just one item. Very dishonest company! I spoke to customer service. They don't have any recommendation for us. They said even the mattress is in stock again. They will not ship to me for free and asked me to get and pay for another mattress? How ** you are. Customer service said I can refund the crib and use the mailing slip they can offer to me. Are you kidding me? I live in Vancouver and I have to drive all the way down to US just to refund the crib to your company but not getting my shipping fee that I first paid? What a disaster! Your company totally wasted my money and time!

I am still very upset about this online shopping experience at US Toys R Us. With this price I paid, I have so many options to get the crib at other places such as Amazon and Wal-Mart. I don't even need to shop at your company and pick up in US. I have lots of options in Canada too. I will ask all my friends never go shopping at Toys R Us again. Such a misleading and dishonest company!

Original review: June 30, 2012

I made a special trip with my 9-month-old to buy him a toy, which I had seen days prior. The toy was priced $49.99, so I waited until I received a coupon in order to purchase it. I went to the store and found the item in the same exact location and still at $49.99. I loaded the large and heavy box in the cart, but the price at the cash register rang up at $89.99. There were more of the same toy on the shelf where I had initially picked it up, and the price tag under the toy read $49.99. It turned out the price tag on the shelf was for another toy that was no longer on the shelf and the item I was trying to purchase had no price tag anywhere on the shelf.

The toy went back on the shelf, and the employee did not have the issue with the price corrected. I left the store furious and empty-handed, but I returned a few hours later to speak to the manager, because this was not the 1st time I had encountered such a situation at Toys R Us. The manager was not very sympathetic and offered me a 20% discount; a lot of good that would do, since I already had a 20% coupon to begin with.

She was about to walk away without fixing the price tag, so I called her back and told her to at least have the price corrected to avoid fooling more consumers! I also suggested that they start affixing price tags to each individual toy to avoid such confusion, but she said that was for corporate to decide. Uh hu, I'm sure it is. And corporate will surely not do that, because they want to fool consumers into paying higher prices.

Original review: June 15, 2012

I received a gift card as a promotion for purchasing a Nintendo 3DS in December 2011. I just looked at the card and it says it expires on 1/28/2012, 2 months later. Gift cards are not supposed to expire in the state of Georgia. I assumed that they are getting around with this because it was a "promotional offer" rather than an actual "gift card". But that sure wasn't made clear when they told me I would get a gift card at the time of checkout.

Original review: June 14, 2012

Every time I visit Toys R Us on Rt. 59 in Nanuet, NY in Rockland county, there are many people in red vests walking around and too few registers open. Lines are horrific, and people behind registers have very poor attitudes and are extremely slow, as if they just don't give a heck about the lines. I have seen people walk out of the store from frustration and several other people on line commented, "The place is like this all of the time". Nice way to run a business.

No wonder you ** are going out of business. Wake up and smell the money. Hire and train people who care. The store is super busy, even the management should open a register, as if someone should care. I walked into the back of the store and there were several workers hanging out, one talking on her cell phone, and other idiots just staring with a blank look on their face. Nice.

Original review: June 14, 2012

I bought my 10-year old an Apple iPod for her birthday and to no surprise, she dropped it and the screen cracked. I filed a claim and received an email with a shipping label within 15 minutes. I shipped it the next day and received a gift card to the store with the amount of money that I paid for the iPod and the buyer protection plan. Now she is 11 and we have had to replace her iPod 2 times now. Thank God for this plan or she wouldn't have never had another one. If you buy the Kindle Fire, it works the exact same way. I know because I just had my 9 year old's stop working and just got the gift card in the mail. Please, if you spend the money for the plan, then you will not be disappointed. Very happy.

Original review: June 13, 2012

Toys R Us is awful. I bought a firetruck for my son for Christmas for $300 and bought the extended repair plan for $65 (pricey huh?) so that if anything went wrong, I wouldn't have to invest another $300. Well, the truck has been broken since April 5th. Here we are on June 13th, after numerous hours on the phone with various customer service persons, parts assembled then reassembled, batteries mailed, plugs pulled, wrong parts sent and my husband supposed to do all the work, they are finally refunding my money with a gift card (so that I have to buy from them), but not the repair plan which technically I only used for 4 months! They want me to buy a new warranty and not refund my old one! Disgusting! So 140 bucks in warranty for a $300 toy?! This is not what they advertise "buy this warranty and we take care of the rest!"

Original review: May 9, 2012

My dear and longtime friend purchased a Toys R Us gift card in the amount of $30.00 for my son's first birthday in January 2011. The gift card does not have an expiration date. On May 5, 2012, I went to use the gift card and it was invalid! I called the customer service number on the back of the card. The representative told me that she can see that the $30.00 was placed on the card and the card was activated in January 2011 and that the card was then deactivated on June 17, 2011 and no reason was documented as to why. She further explained that I was accurate, that the gift card did not have an expiration date and should not have been deactivated. She advised me that she would escalate the situation to Corporate Headquarters to have them investigate and contact me within 3 to 5 business days with a resolution as to what happened and why.

On May 8, 2012, I received a call from a representative from Toys R Us. I called back at 8:35 EST and spoke with a representative Bryan employee ID #**. I provided him with my case reference #**. He advised me that I would have to contact the purchaser and the purchaser would have to contact their financial institution. I told him that didn't make any sense. I advised him, I was supposed to receive a call telling me what happened and why my card was deactivated when it should not have been because their was no expiration date. The representative advised me that he did not know why. He advised me that he only sees that I am to do this. I asked him, "When were these notes put in?" He advised me on March of 2011. I then asked him, "Who investigated the cause for the deactivation? Who authorized the deactivation and why?" Bryan then advised me he did not know.

I then advised Bryan that I was supposed to receive a call from someone who can answer these questions and who was supposed to provide me with this information. I then advised Bryan that I wanted to speak to his direct report. Bryan advised me that he was not going to provide me with that person's name. I asked to be transferred to a manager, he refused and just kept indicating that everyone in that department were "supervisors". I advised Bryan that as far as I was concerned, Toys R Us stole my money! Bryan advised me it wasn't my money because I wasn't the original purchaser. I advised Bryan it is a gift card, it should be assumed that the gift card would be a gift and once that gift is given, it belongs to the cardholder and that is me! And so as far as I was concerned, Toys R Us stole my gift and I want answers!

Needless to say, Bryan never provided me with any information. Absolutely no explanation as to why they deactivated my gift card after 5 months of purchase when there isn't an expiration date on the gift card. I thought about letting it slide but then I thought, how many others have they stolen from? It's $30.00 from me, but how many other $30.00 or more could their be with millions of customers and thousands of gift cards purchased every year. They need to be held accountable for stealing, this is not a way to add to their bottom line.

Original review: April 30, 2012

I purchased a stroller in February 2012. After using the stroller approximately 3 times, I decided it didn't really work well for us and wanted to return it. Even though I had kept the box (and disassembled the stroller and put back into the box), the receipt and was within the 90-day return policy, Toys R Us refused to accept the return because it had been "used". Well obviously, I put it together and tried it out. How was I going to know if it would suit our needs or not without trying it? I had previously contacted the manufacturer of the stroller and let them know I was displeased with it and they advised me to return it to the store if I still had the receipt and box. Well, that didn't work. Now I'm waiting to hear back again from the manufacturer in hopes that they will accept the return and refund me. I will no longer be shopping at any "R Us" store. They can't even follow through on their current return policy on their overpriced items.

Original review: April 21, 2012

My son received a puzzle as a gift, but he already had the puzzle. So we took the sealed puzzle with the Toys R Us sticker with the price on it back to the store. They wouldn't do an exchange, I wanted the same puzzle just a different picture. I was told I had to return the puzzle and get store credit but for 3/4 of the value. So when I got the puzzle my son wanted, I had to pay extra money. This is a horrible return/exchange policy. When I complained to their customer service email address, I was told I could shop elsewhere. I will not be shopping at Toys R Us anymore.

Original review: April 17, 2012

My two children were given gift cards by their grandma to Toys R Us to go pick out a special toy. My husband and I took my two children ages 2 and 6 into the Huntington Beach, CA store. We walked around with them for about two hours while they decided which toy they were each going to decide on. When it was time to check out and pay, we went through the ringing up process and when I handed him the gift cards, he said he could not accept that because their system was down. How do you not accept prepaid gift cards? How is that even legal? So I told him I was not satisfied with that. He sent me over to guest services where the girl proceeds to tell me the same thing. She calls up the manager.

When he comes up, he told me I wouldn't be able to purchase the items we just spent hours picking out, and while my kids are so excited to bring these new toys in, exactly what we told them we were there to do. I asked the manager that basically he was saying they were not going to find a way to complete my transaction even though they can see the amount of the gift cards. His attitude was basically "no and what do you want me to do about it?" No apology, nothing, nothing. I expressed how frustrated I am with the situation. His response was to tell me that he's frustrated. I don't think the situation is about him so I don't really care that he's frustrated. I asked if she could return the gift cards then. His response was, "No, they're non refundable." So here I am with a gift card that cannot be returned and that I could not use. Still hasn't been resolved. Try to call the 1800 customer service and that was basically no help either. She said she would put in a complaint, but offered no solution to the problem I am in. Horrible customer service and shocked by the situation I am dealing with.

Original review: April 2, 2012

Nabi Kids Tablet disappointment - I have been waiting for 2 months for the Nabi Kids Tablet to be available. I have made arrangements to have it delivered for my son’s birthday and now, finally, April 01 is here and the tablet is not available! It doesn’t even show up in the list anymore. My order is awaiting stock and when I called, they said maybe for next week! And the worst part is that the customer care agent tells me there is nothing she can do and before closing my call she says, is there anything else we can do this morning for you madam? You already didn’t do anything so why even ask?! I’m so fed up!

Original review: April 1, 2012

We saw a table with umbrella pictured in your sales ad. It did not state that the umbrella was separate. We even looked online and they came together. We purchased it at the store only to get it home and find out it had no umbrella. When we took it back, they would not return our money on store credit. We paid with a Toys R Us gift card and cash. As a special, they had given out a $15 gift card with purchase. That was the store’s extra. We still paid the whole price for the table. But when we returned, they subtracted the $15 from our money, which means we were shorted $15. Just who pockets that!

Original review: March 30, 2012

Back in December during the Christmas Rush, my wife went into Toys R Us (TRU) to do an exchange of one item we had recently purchased for a different one. Because the item in question had been paid for with a gift card initially, she was told they could not do it as an exchange nor a refund but could only give her the return balance on another gift card. No big deal, right?

She took the gift card. She then went to purchase the new item, and when she went to pay, she attempted to use the gift card. At this point, she was told she could not use it until the following day because it had not yet been activated. That was issue #1. I've never had a problem doing a transaction like this before nor has my wife. But because it was two nights before Christmas, and we were pressed for time, she put the gift card away and paid for the items. This was December 23.

On March 23, we went into Toys R Us to purchase a birthday gift for a friend of our son's. Naturally, out came the gift card with a balance of $21 and change. Then issue #2 arose, as my wife was informed that the gift card had expired! We were both shocked, because we have never heard of anything like this, where a gift card was expired 3 months after issuance. Then the employee pointed out that the gift card was a promotional card that expired on January 28!

They gave us the wrong gift card! Instead of giving us a normal card, they "accidentally" (not sure I even believe that at this point) gave us a promo card. No one at the store could help us. They told us to call the 800 number. The representative on the phone was worthless and said that even though my wife had the receipt showing the card balance, there was nothing they could do to help us. When my wife asked to speak with a supervisor, the representative on the phone said she could not do that but would forward our information along and someone would contact us in a few days.

A week later, we still have not heard anything; and I do not expect that we will. The original gift card was purchased using our money, so this translates into TRU directly stealing that money from us. As a result of their theft, our family will no longer provide TRU with our business. I hope they are happy to have lost over $1000 per year of business over a measly $21 and change. People beware! Always look at the gift cards they give you and make sure they do not have expiration dates. Otherwise, you could be TRU's next victim!

Original review: March 19, 2012

I purchased a stroller on September of 2011 and was offered the protection plan. Normally, unless it's electronic, I don't purchase. But since the stroller was going to be used a lot, I bought it. The cashier said if it needs to be fixed or replaced it will be at no cost to you. Now the seams are coming out and it is not safe to place my son in the stroller. So, I went to the store to buy a new one and did not find one that I liked. So I asked the manager what would happen if I bought a stroller at a different store. His response was that I would get a gift card to use in the store. I normally don't buy in Babies R Us, so I asked, could I use the card at Toys R Us. His response was yes.

I went to Wal-Mart, purchased a new stroller and I am now being told by the protection plan that they will not honor my claim even though the store manager is the one who gave me the information. I explained that I am unemployed and do not have money to be throwing out like if it was water. No sympathy at all. So I now am out $60 for the stroller and $10 for the protection plan. Never buying from Babies R Us again, they are thieves.

Original review: March 9, 2012

Today, I decided to go to Toys R Us on East Kellogg in Wichita, Kansas to buy our Butler County Saddle Club gifts for the Easter Egg Hunt. As any club, I had a budget and thought that would be the place to go. Wrong!

I shopped and shopped and took my cart of goodies to checkout. First thing is the only cashier on duty was the girl in the customer help desk and the line was pretty long. (She finally paged for help). This was at 1:45 pm on a Friday. Next, people kept cutting in line to get their paychecks, okay. Finally my turn, first I had picked up several Crayola Crayon travel packs. On the shelf they said $6.99 and all over the isle, it said buy one get one half off. Well, not only did they ring up $10.99, I was informed they were not part of the sale. Next, I had bought some lunch boxes out of a bin that said $4.99 to $6.99 (there were several so not put there by mistake). Well, these rang up at $9.99 and I was told they were there by mistake.

I went back to the Crayola isle and got an employee off the floor and showed her the stack of packs I bought and where it was $6.99. Also, I pointed out the buy on get one half off. Her reply was, “Well, I don't know what to tell you, they are what they ring up.” I did not buy anything from their store and will not recommend anyone to take their children there to pick out a toy to only find out their marked prices are not correct. They never offered me a good explanation or offered to call a manager. I will buy the toys elsewhere.

Original review: March 8, 2012

I purchased a $60.00 PS3 game for my grandson for his birthday. When the game case was opened, there was no CD, thus no game. Toys R Us responded by sending me a copy of their return policy. Of course it states no return of video games, if the case has been opened. I wonder how we would know it was an empty case, without opening it. We were totally ripped off!

Original review: March 6, 2012

The Toys R Us/Babies R Us Rewards program seems to be a scam. They tell you that if you spend money in their stores and online, you receive discounts and other rewards. Over the course of 2011, I spent over $500 both in-store and online and have yet to receive anything. I have sent multiple emails to their customer support crew and never received a response, though I was assured I would receive feedback within 5-10 business days. Nothing. I'm extremely irritated. The managers in the store don't know; they just tell you to contact their customer support department, which I have done to no avail. Please help!

Original review: March 6, 2012

I made quite a few purchases at the stores for Christmas, and did not realize that Toys R Us now emails the rewards instead of sending them through the mail. I was in an OKC store around January 15, and asked one of the clerks about the rewards. They said I should have already received them, and that they would come by email.

I receive a whole lot of email, and somehow with the hectic holidays I had overlooked them in my email. To my disappointment $30 of them had expired January 14. I called and talked to someone in the rewards customer service, and they said they could not reissue them! I even asked to speak to a supervisor, and was still told the same thing. I am very disappointed in this type of customer service. I have misplaced or lost rewards before with other stores, and as long as I had my original receipt, they were replaced.

I think Toys R Us should consider looking at their customer service department. When I went back in the store and told the clerks that customer service would not replace them, they were shocked. They thought that they would replace them also. I am not asking for something I did not earn! I spent a lot of money in this store, and am very disappointed in the lack of help!

Original review: March 1, 2012

I believe that Toys R Us/Babies R Us handles their promotional gift cards in an illegal and unethical manner. I took part in a promotion that offered $25 gift card with the purchase of 2 value boxes of Pampers diapers (88 ct. or higher) plus one value box of Pampers baby wipes. I believed the offer to be a great deal because I was in essence saving $25 by purchasing a larger quantity product. I did not realize that the $25 promotional card had an expiration date until I tried to use it a month after it had expired. I was floored! An expiration date on a gift card--I thought that was illegal in the state of CA where I live. I was told by the clerk that if the company's HQ/business offices are in a different state, such as NJ where TRU/BRU is headquartered, then they go by the laws of that state, not the consumer's state that the card was issued in. Also, because it was marketed as a "promotional gift card" rather than a standard gift card, the expiration date is allowed in the state of CA.

I'd like to hear from any lawyers out there if that is in fact true. It sounds a little like a loophole to me, but hey, you can't put anything past big business nowadays, can you? What a scam! The way I see it, TRU/BRU just robbed me of $25 because I didn't use my money in their store fast enough for them. With practices like this, you can bet that I will be purchasing my diapers elsewhere from now and I will most definitely be telling my story and airing my dissatisfaction on as many mommy blogs and baby-friendly websites as I can direct my mouse to!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2012

I went into the store that is located at Calexico, CA. I was looking for diapers the Toys R Us brand 5. I couldn't find any, but there was an employee name tag Mariana. I asked if by any chance they have them at the back. She answered, "No, we don't". She didn't bother at least to look around, she just turned away. I was holding a 5-month baby and an 18-month by my hand. I was walking away when in front of customer service, it was a full shelf of diapers and the ones that I was looking for. I asked a man who was in that area if he could help me. He answered, "just wait a little". I waited for 15 minutes and he was at register but he kept helping the customer that they where getting in line.

My baby started crying and I asked again, "the diapers are just right here, by any chance can you call someone to help?". "Just a moment please", he repeated. By that time, I was angry. I had the two boys and I couldn't get it myself. I asked for the manager when I was about to leave. Surprise, the man in the register was the manager. Oh no, and his name is Humberto. I didn't said anything, I just walked away. I don't understand how can you hire such bad manager who answer all my questions. The store was such a mess with a lot of holes in the shelves with no merchandise. The store looked dirty and I didn't know where the employee were. I thought that managers are supposed to keep all the sales associates working and he's supposed to be there for any inconvenience.

That is very unprofessional. I think that all the employees are lacking of a good training because all the times that I've been there, their employees don't seem to care about customer service. I'm very sorry about my spelling but actually, I don't speak to much English. Thank you for the attention.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2012

2/11/2102, my husband and I went to Flushing Toys R us (#6390) store, with my child. While I was looking for a present for a birthday party, my husband found an item in another isle that is on sale and grab 2 to the cash register. The cashier told my husband that there is only one per customer. He bought one. Later, I took another one to the cashier. She turned around and spoke to her coworker that she did not let my husband buy 2, so my husband had to get a friend to buy it for him as it was some kind of joke. I always know this store has unfriendly workers, but this is insulting. I asked the cashier if there is any sign says only one item per customer (there was none)? She did not answer me. I thought she did not hear me, so asked her again. She just turned her face around. We told her that usually stores will post a sign or print in the circular for customer to know what the limit is. This was exactly how she answered me: Go buy it in another store then. To make the long story short, the staffs are rude and the manager is not helpful either. The only answer the manager Erin gave me was "Go to the internet, it is in the store policy". Of course I did not buy the second item.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2012

My daughter bought an mp3 player and was talked into the buyer protection plan after she was told that the product would be fully replaced for 15 months with no out-of-pocket charge. After only two-months, the item stopped working correctly. We followed the instructions and sent the item back. Two weeks later we received a gift card for the price of the player that was on sale at the time of purchase. Now the price is twenty dollars more and it is recommended to buy another (worthless) protection plan. These expenses are out-of-pocket.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2012

I bought an outdoor play yard gym set in May of 2011. Toys R Us staff at the County Line, Denver, CO store informed me that they would be able to keep the set until I pick up. I did not get the chance to finish my backyard so I did not pick it up for a while but kept on asking the store if they could hold it longer and every time they said yes. After almost 5 months I went to pick it up and they said they no longer have it. Even though I was upset I kind of understood because of the time delay. Here is my complaint: they say they cannot return my money. Basically they did not give me the product and now refuse to give me my money. I am ready to file a lawsuit. There are several key complaints:

1. They do not keep track of what is delivered and what is not.
    2. They seem to keep customer’s money without returning as a policy because neither the store nor customer service nor escalation teams seem to know anything about it.

3. The careless and ridiculous behavior of agents--I cannot completely blame them as they can only assist with what they are given, but the company is a complete failure.

Toys R Us Company Information