Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Toys R Us Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Ordered using express shipping. Dec17 received a confirmation and in process. The website quoted products in stock and will be delivered. Received 1 product 5 days later and nothing else. No email or information online about order. Called customer service on Dec. 23 and told one product out of stock but no information. Horrible customer service and lack of accountability. If Amazon and other retailers can provide information why can’t Toys R Us get it together. I wouldn’t have known the product wasn’t being delivered unless I called customer service. Completely unacceptable. This is why Toys r Us needed a bailout. Incompetent customer service. Even in the stores the workers are clueless about products and locations. I will not shop here anymore. I rather pay more than waste my time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I ordered a stroller on Black Friday, and now it's December 20th and I have not received it. The status since December 11th is "Shipping Label Created". Their online support doesn't answer messages and when I call their support line, it is said that waiting time is 60 minutes. Then after waiting 30 minutes it still says 60 minutes. Who can waste 60 minutes+ at work to contact them?!! I'm travelling on the 24th, yet I have no idea where will my package will end up since there will be no one to pick it up. This is my first and last order from Toys R Us.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I'm extremely annoyed about my experience with Toys R Us online and customer service. I order 4 items online on November 30th and was not able to track my order with my tracking number, email address, and postal code on your website. I get this error message: "Sorry this order number, email or postal code does not match our records. Check your records and try again." I emailed customer service twice and received no replies. I received shipping confirmation emailed for 2 out of the 4 items. I received 3 out of the 4 items. I've called the customer service phone number multiple times and it indicated that the line was busy and it would automatically hang up.

I finally tried again on evening and it was indicated that the wait time was estimated to be 90 minutes. After holding onto the line for 2 hours and 49 minutes, a customer service agent finally picked up. My ultimate frustration after finally getting to speak to someone and experiencing voice latency, which indicates to me that customer service calls are taken in some form of online voice calling. I could not hold a conversation with her because every question I ask would result in an answer given to me approximately 10 seconds later. Only half the questions could be asked or heard because it was interrupted by a lag in her answer.

Eventually, she indicate that she is having trouble hearing me and disconnected the call - After I waited nearly 3 HOURS to speak to someone! Yes, I understand that there's a higher volume of orders or higher volume of calls. But perhaps look into equipping your call centre with proper communication tools. I could not believe how terrible my experience was with Toys R Us' customer service. A flaw in your online tracking system. A definite flaw connecting with your customers.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I ordered a guitar for my daughter for a Christmas gift, and I picked it up from the post office this afternoon to find that it was the wrong one. The product number on the receipt and the box of the guitar itself wasn't even the same. The guitar I received was for a younger age group than the one that I ordered so I can not just go ahead and use this one. And now the guitar is completely sold out and I am unable to get it for her and have to return this item. This was the one thing that she asked for from the big man for Christmas and I am here with 6 days to go with no guitar!!! The best you can do is refund me and give me 15% off of a future purchase. I don't plan on ever ordering anything from you ever again!

I ordered online because I live about 1 hour from the nearest Toys R Us and now I either wait for them to issue a return shipping label and get it to me for me to even see my money from their mistake, or drive the 1 hour to the store and return it. Thanks so much for the added stress and complete disappointment on this holiday season. The person that was in that department that went ahead and sent whatever they felt like that day I hope is going to hear about this!!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I ordered an items on Dec. 2nd for my nephew for Dec 21st Christmas. I emailed the customer service line numerous times. I may have called their customer care line and hold for about an hour on different occasions. No answer, no email replies. This is the most disgusting, horrible customer service I have ever received or

should say NO SERVICE AT ALL. Especially because I have Paid for a product I have yet to receive.

I will never shop here online or in store again and I do not suggest anyone else does unless you are willing to take 3 hours out of your day (multiple days) to figure out what is going on. And better yet try calling a local Toys R Us company, they don't know anything about online ordering. Today I called a specific store in Etobicoke. I asked the person that answer the phone to contact head office, she told that is not part of their job, if I ordered something online I need to contact customer care directly.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I ordered 2 items on Dec. 8th for my niece and nephew for Dec 21st Christmas. I emailed the customer service line as there was no record of my order number in their system. I emailed 3 times before calling to figure it out. I spent 2 hours and 3 minutes on hold before someone answered. They told me the item was on back order.... Nowhere on the website did it indicate it was on back order only that it would be here between 5-7 business days.

The lady named Suzanne told me that she would definitely send me an email on Sunday (today) to let me know that the item was shipped. She told me the best she could give me was her word. It’s now 7:31pm and I have yet to hear anything even after sending two emails to her asking if there was an update. This is the most disgusting customer service I have ever received. Especially because I have Paid for a product I have yet to receive. I will never shop here online or in store again and I do not suggest anyone else does unless you are willing to take 3 hours out of your day (multiple days) to figure out what is going on.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I ordered a gift for my son in late October from the website and safely stashed it away for Christmas. I saw that it came up 50% off during the Black Friday sale, so I called to ask about price matching. Even though the recording said the wait was 45 minutes, I stuck it out, only to wait an addition 45 minutes beyond that! I was told they do not price match to several of their yearly sales, Black Friday being one of them. Irritated, as I was still within 30 days of purchase, I told the representative that I would just reorder the item at 50% off and return the one I have, at their expense. She apologized and told me that was their policy.

Not wanting to miss out on the sale price, I reordered at 50% off, then dug out the stashed toy to prepare it for return. I noticed that the packaging was damaged and part of the toy was missing. It had arrived that way, so I was now dealing with a return of a damaged item. I emailed to initiate the return, and 7 days later, I am still waiting for a response, other than the automated one. I've tried calling several times only to receive a busy signal. Unfortunately, I live 4 hours from an actual store, and am not able to return in person. I suspect the service might be better instore, it certainly couldn't be any worse! Christmas comes around the same time every year, it shouldn't be a surprise that you'll require extra staff, including customer service representatives. Poor, poor management.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I ordered 2 items last week and right away 1 of my orders was shipped... The credit card still had the amount of the full order pending but I have heard nothing about my other items being mailed or process. After 2 days I decided to call and find out about the other parcel as it's for Christmas. I waited double the amount of time as specified. 45 minutes times 2 to talk to a lady for 5 mins who explained that my other order was ready and should ship by latest yesterday. Friday. I have yet to receive an email and I am currently on hold at the moment 1 hour and 35 mins in to be exact of the approx 45 minute wait still waiting to talk to someone.

Noticed today my card was charged but only for the 1 item. Have no updates on the second item. At this point I have already reordered through Amazon and once I get someone on the phone I will be cancelling my order for the other item if it hasn't been cancelled already and never using Toys R Us online again. Actually I may never enter the store again after this experience. If you don't care about my time. I'm not putting money into the pockets of that company. How disappointing for a toy store.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My experience seems to be equal to most I have read. I placed a large order on Dec 2 to complete my Christmas shopping for my children. I was very pleased with my purchases as they were a good price and would finish my shopping. HOWEVER, i received an email the next day (after my card had been charged) that my ENTIRE order had been cancelled, with no explanation...aside from their "sincere apologies." I called the number provided and waited almost an hour to speak with someone, only to be informed that my order had been cancelled due to lack of stock. I checked the website and all the items I had ordered were still available, but now at the regular price. The person I spoke to asked me if I had tried to place the order again??? I said that no, I hadn't as the items were now all back up to the regular price and I had ordered mine at sale price (about 1/2 off).

She then proceeded to check inventory from her end (i think) and confirmed that the items I had ordered were, in fact, in stock aside from 1 of 7 items. I was told that I could place my order again over the phone, but would have to wait to be credited back the difference between the regular price and the sale price. I was told that the adjustment would happen on its own, and my credit card would be credited back the difference. I was offered a 15% discount on any future orders for the inconvenience, but could not apply this discount to this order, even though it was technically a new order. I went ahead and reordered my items in good faith as they were the top items from my children's Christmas lists. I was given a total, and received a confirmation email that my items had been ordered.

2 days later I received another email stating that part of my order had been cancelled due to lack of inventory, and that I had not been charged for those items. The original charge is still on my credit card. There has been no adjustment for either the difference between regular and sale price, and there has been no adjustment for the items that are apparently out of stock. So now I have to call them AGAIN and waste another 2 hours of my time trying to sort this mess out. Needless to say, this will be my last time ordering online from Toys R Us. The way they treat their customers is absolutely appalling. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Ordered items online. It has been 10 days and I have had no response so far. They were presents for Christmas for my 3 year old and I will not receive them. I am trying to contact customer service but the line is either busy or there is a 45 minute wait. Needless to say I will never order from them again.

Toys R Us Company Information