Toys R Us

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was online looking for a birthday gift for my nephew and since I had very little time to go in and browse the store or get it delivered to me, I quickly chose the "pick up in store" option. When I placed the item in my cart it said "limited stock" which means to almost anyone, they have it but not many. Well after I place the order I get an email shortly after saying my item has been cancelled because the product was not available and that I would NOT be charged. Well when I check my bank account the money was charged but never refunded.

So I go into the store and ask customer service why my money was never issued back to me and the lady at the desk told me it could take 2-3 WEEKS before it was issued back into my bank account because it was used by my debit card instead of my credit card. As I feel that was an absurd answer I go into my bank to see if it was anything they can do on their end and they said Toys R Us had a hold on it and until they release it, it was nothing they can do. So a week has officially passed by with no money to return and I can officially say I am beyond disappointed with their online system and transactions. Some items online even say "Likely to have" like that is supposed to be reassuring? Yeah, no. please save yourselves the time and energy from ever ordering online or doing in-store pick ups with them ever!

I ordered a bunch of items to be picked up in store on 12/3/16. All but 2 cases of diapers and a toy was ready by 12/15 (and online it stated should be ready in less than an hr.). Well I contact customer service (what a joke that was) multiple times and they all give me a cut and paste response when I ask where my order is. Now it's 1/11/17 and two days ago I got an email for pickup ready. Customer service proceeded to tell me that they want to refund me 10% of my purchase and give me $6.30. My original order was over $200 but they tell me since my order came in separately then that's all I can get and I used the remaining $5 off a gift card and they told me it has to be refunded on the card. I'm no idiot and I've worked retail for over 10 years growing up and this is not standard protocol... Gift card purchase was less than 10% of my order yet it has to be on that card?

I've never been more annoyed about online ordering by any other company. At least Target, Walmart and any other retailer will try to rectify their mistakes and keep you as a customer. I was told they are sorry I'm leaving them as a customer and if I have any other concerns to contact them via email. Yeah, okay thanks Toys R Us. You suck and I'm not sure how you're still in business!

Store policy is to scan drivers license on return, even with a purse full of ID and a receipt. My next step is to write my representatives. I've let this be done twice before at stores that were subsequently hacked. I wouldn't mind if they simply wrote down my DL number, but scanning all the information on a driver's license is too much. My family has tried to not do business with them for years because of the chaos and long lines, not just in my city but for others of us in different states. Stores need to stop doing this!

I ordered this item (Imaginarium Pretty Garden Mansion )12/20/2016. Paid $74.98, chose store pick-up so that my 7 yrs old daughter can have it for xmas. Long story short, as today (12/27/2016), her xmas gift have not been shipped or left the warehouse. I will never order anything from this place ever again.

Omg - so I order a few toys as Christmas gifts for my kids. Both show up - defective/broken, in boxes that look like they got run over by the UPS driver. I call Toys R Us in hopes of salvaging them before Christmas - I spend 25 minutes on hold. They finally answer, ask me a few questions and "accidentally" hang up on me. I'm not about to call and wait on hold for 25 minutes again - so I try chatting. I spend about 15 minutes chatting with someone that says they've requested labels for me to return the defective items for free and that they've requested the defective items to be shipped out as replacements.

Two days after Christmas - nothing has arrived, no labels, no replacements. I chat again... and I'm told, I have to call in order to get the labels sent... and in order to get any replacement items sent, I need to first have returned the old ones. So I've been waiting for NOTHING - and I still have to call these ** to get my labels to send back this broken garbage that has been taking up TONS of room in my house. SO frustrating - I'm not and won't shop here again... It's absurd.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Today I feel completely taken advantage of by Toys-R-Us. On December 21st I placed an online order for a gift card to be sent electronically to one of my daughters. By the end of last week she had not received the card. Over the weekend she received what she thought was the gift card, and went to a local Toys-R-Us to use the card. However, when she got to the cashier she was told that what she had wasn't a gift card, so she ended up paying for her purchases with her money. Meanwhile I just spoke to the Toys-R-Us helpline and they told me they don't give refunds for online purchases, even if they have made a mistake. I will be reimbursing my daughter. This mistake should never have happened, and it has become costly.

A week before Christmas, I ordered a Lexibook console with 2 controllers. Because there was no available store it could be shipped to or bought at, I paid 20.00 to express ship it. So 3 days later, I still have not received any tracking numbers or anything. It was Thursday when I finally got a tracking number. It was suppose to get to by Friday. Come Friday and I did not receive it, so after having it held at Fedex so I can pick up since the rental office at my apartment was closed for 4 days. I pick up on Saturday morning, seeing that it was the wrong item. This item was 10 dollars cheaper than what I had ordered. I called Toys “R” Us, and it was a going to be an hour wait on the phone. So I brought the item back to Babies “R” Us. The lady then explained that it's has been happening a lot to where they ship similar items and not the actual correct item when they run out.

I told her I had ordered this item when it was still in stock, why would they send me something way cheaper than what I had originally paid for? And they need to refund me the shipping since I had express an item and it did not turn out to be the right item. She did not give me an answer for the questions and only gave me a refund for the item ordered. I am out 20 dollars and no present for my nephew!

I have had the worse experience with Toys R Us over the past week! They lost a package for an order that I placed on December 7th to ship to store. I called the store and had the worse customer service I have ever received. They had me on hold for 15 minutes periodically picking the phone up yelling in my ear asking for different people to come to the service desk. Then I called the corporate office. They said they didn't know what happened to the package. Did a live chat where I was told that she would be able cancel. So went to the store to purchase items last min for Christmas of course none of the things I ordered. I had no choice but to find new things. I leave Toys R Us, go to another store and my card was declined! I look at my account and see that Toys R Us charged me twice! So I called the store. The woman on the phone was extremely nasty!

Told me I had to bring all the stuff back to the store with my ID and receipt. Of course this is the day before Christmas eve and it was time for me to wrap gifts so that couldn't be done. So I called the corporate office and tell them that I was charged twice and that the order that I had placed online still was not cancelled. They said they could do nothing about the charge that was placed twice on my card but they could look at the order I placed online. Then he tells me that the order could not be cancelled, that I would have to still get it from the store even though it was their error. He says that they tried to contact me to let me know that it couldn't be cancelled but I got no missed calls or emails about any of this. I wasn't going for that. After being on hold for over an hour on and off the guy comes back on the phone and gives me $90 gift card number to put in at the register.

So since I had to go back to the store anyway I went to try to purchase more items for my child. Get to the register and the number does not work. It was taking off about $300 off of my order each time she tried to put it in. So needless to say I did not get the $90 discount that I was supposed to get. So I got to the customer service desk to ask them about the double charge and she tells me that they can't do anything there at the store for a double charged I would have to talk to my bank. After I was told on the phone from corporate and someone at the store that I had to come to the store to get the items removed, I am so over Toys R Us. They did absolutely nothing to help me! When I looked online for the canceled order it's still not canceled in the system like he said it would be. Now I am out of over $200 for Christmas!

Store located at 8325 S Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL 33143. I purchased an item online to pick it up at the store. First of all, on the website says that it would take 1 h to be ready. It took 3 hours to receive that famous e-mail saying that it was ready to pick up. When we got there we have to stand on a line for 20 min since the pick up location was the same exchange and return items desk. After talking to the worker she say to wait aside since they didn't have it ready, that took 30 min longer. It was a very stupid and ridiculous experience. I will never buy in such a retarded store. 3 hours of my time wasted. I should have buying it straight from the store.

So angry right now... and sad, very sad. Waiting for our daughter's Christmas present to be delivered and when I check its status it states that it was delivered today at 2:16 PM, however, it was NOT delivered to our home. I have been on hold for over 65 minutes waiting for a customer care representative to help me figure out just where her gift went and listening to the same 3 songs in a row!

Then I click on "Trying to find your package?" and it says: "Sorry! This happens sometimes. Please check your front porch, side door, back porch, garage area, bushes, and mailbox to make sure it's not hiding or jammed. Also ask your neighbors if they may have received it for you. If your package still hasn't turned up in 3 more days, please contact us." Are you kidding me? Christmas time is the highest time for theft which is why someone has been at our home everyday since we ordered to be sure we received them. There was no knock on our door or bell rung. If I had Twitter I'd post this there as well because calling seems to be getting us nowhere.

Completely beyond disappointed in this business!!! Will never shop at Toys R Us again! We lost everything in the Louisiana flood of 2016 as did my in-laws! So not only did my kids lose their toys at home but their toys at their grandparents also. Finally have enough money to order toys for the kids 2 each. Mother in law and I placed the order weeks ago. Got an email Wednesday saying that 99% of it is out of stock and won't ship! Seriously? 4 days before Christmas and you decide to tell us. These things are ALL my kids wanted! We made sure to get their top 2 things and now that isn't going to happen! We tried to go in store yesterday (you are the only one that carried some of the items).

The store didn't have but 2 of the items and was a mad house of course that would send anyone's post traumatic stress into overdrive! Thankfully I raised kids who will understand and appreciate whatever they receive no matter what. But I know it will still be upsetting that what they really wanted and spent time researching isn't what they will receive. They have lost so much and sacrificed so much while we try to rebuild. This is just another letdown. Thanks Toys R Us! Thanks! :(

I purchased an online order. It said ready for pick up in 2 hours. I bought 2 item a kitchen set and pots and pans set. I receive the order email. I am excited I have the perfect gift. So I don't read the whole email. I just read that it was ready. To my surprise when I get to the store they had me the pots and pans and tell me that the order was not available. Now they have a hold on my money so that is 100.00 dollars I am not able to use.

I called to complaint because when I went online to find it at another store it was 40 dollars more. I was on hold for exactly 1 hour. The person was pleasant. He told me the exact location they had the item. He gave me a discount code as I can buy at the price I purchased it for. I place my order it said it will be ready in 1 hour. Now I receive a email stating they have to ship it from the warehouse and it might take 2 weeks. Now I am out 200.00 dollars and no gift. This is outrageous. I have no more funds on my card and no gift for my child. The worst experience of my life.

Miha and the kind customer service people made my Christmas. My granddaughter received a Hatchimal from her other grandmother as a birthday present with the stipulation of her only playing with it at her house!! My granddaughter's response was, "That's okay Santa will bring me one that I can play with at home." Miha and her fellow workers were compassionate and so helpful. I will always shop at Franklin Mills Toys R Us.

This is the second time Toys R Us does this to us. First in Halloween we ordered our costume for our twin daughters 3 weeks in advance. It arrived a week before Halloween and it was the wrong costume. The costume belonged to a person in Idaho. So not only did my girls not have a costume but a little girl in Idaho also ended up with the wrong one. Now for Christmas My daughters will not have their bikes that we ordered on the 15th of December. Toys R Us Offered the 3 to 8 day shipping but today I looked at my shipping status and the bikes are not supposed to get here till the 27th of December. Meaning they sent the information to FedEx until last night the 21st of December. We called and they said that we could get a refund when we receive the bikes. Do not Trust this company.

The store in Milford CT is filthy, disorganized, however what is mostly disturbing is the lack of signage that clearly indicates pricing of toys. A few items are marked, however big ticket items are left on the shelf with no price tags whatever. The employees are incredibly unhelpful. When customers bring a toy with an understanding of the price, it is rung up at a much higher price. The toys we found at other stores, such as Target, are overwhelmingly less expensive than here. As other reviewers have indicated, Toys R Us has a pattern of price gouging at the holidays. Why anyone would ever shop at this disgusting store is baffling. STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE.

I ordered online and paid in store on Black Friday for Disney infinity items. When I was wrapping presents later I realized that those items were missing. I called Toys R Us. The order was shipped to the billing address and not the shipping address. I had entered in 2 different addresses since these items were going to my grandson in FL, and I'm in TN. I specifically put in 2 different addresses. I called Toys R Us to have them fix the situation. Since their computer systems made the mistake, I didn't feel that I should have to pay for the shipping to correct their mistake.

The 1st rep that I spoke with was so rude and condescending, that I had to ask for a manager. She waited 15 min. on the phone from the time that I requested to speak with a sup. to the time that she actually put me in the cue to speak with one. (I believe she was waiting for me to hang up - but I didn't). Once on hold I had to wait another 20 min. for the sup to answer. She flat out refused to assist me. She stated that her computer was right and I was wrong. That there was nothing that she could do. I asked her to resend the merchandise, or send me a shipping label so that my grandson would get his presents. She refused to do so. Stating that she didn't have the power to do it since the computer was right. And again I had to inform her that her computer made the mistake and shipped to the billing address and not the shipping address that I entered. All I got was a series of no's.

I don't feel that I should have to pay for shipping when I didn't make the mistake, and I paid for the shipping the first time around. Now I have to come out of my pocket for their mistake. This situation should be addressed, and the customer service reps - well they need empathy or training. I don't feel that I was out of line asking for the service that I paid for.

So I ordered a karaoke machine for in store pick up for my niece for Christmas. My account was instantly charged and about 15 minutes later I got an email saying my order was canceled due to the store not having it in stock. I noticed after a few days that my account was still charged so I called my bank and was told that I had to wait for Toys R Us to send them a receipt or some type of invoice stating that they are not charging me. Mind you in the email I received I was told that my car would not be charged.

When I called Toys R Us all they told me was they were not sure why I was charged and I should wait a few more days to see if my money would go back. I think it is ridiculous that it is so easy for my money to be taken with no explanation and no product. Money is tight on my end and I have to wait for the money to refund before I can get another product hopefully in time before Christmas. This was my first and last time using this service and buying a gift from Toys R Us.

On Black Friday, 11/25/16, I was on the ToysRus/BabiesRus website and found a Avigo BMW x5.6 volt Powered Ride On in Black which advertised original price $199.99, on sale for $99.99, in stock, free shipping and can expect to receive between 12/5/16 and 12/8/16. I paid using my debit card a total of $118.23, which includes tax and shipping surcharge. Later in the morning of 11/25/16, I received a email that the order had been received, there was an unexpected delay and the email was not a cancellation email.

The following Friday, 12/2/16, I notice the money I paid was returned back into my account. I called the Help phone number on the website, 12/5/16, which didn't give me an option to speak to a person. Entered my order # and was advised that the item was on Back-order. On 12/11/16, I online chatted with Corey **, a ToysRus Online Service Specialist, who told me the item was out of stock and my order was cancelled, he also told me that if I wanted the item I would have to re-purchase it and would not be able to get it for the price I paid originally. On 12/11/16 the item price went from a original price of $199.99 on 11/25/16 to $219.99, with a $10.00 off code provided. No shipping offered. Store pick up available at a ToysRus location approximately 1-hour from me.

I'm confused that the item is suppose to be out of stock, per the representative, however the item is still on sale on the website and advertises store pick up available. I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau and am currently awaiting a response. BBB has advised me that they allow 14-days to respond. It's been 7-days and no response at this time.

I have spent hours with customer support & on hold, trying to place an order for my grandson across the country. The 1st time they cancelled the order not telling me why, I only received an email stating it was. I call in & spend 2 1/2 hours with a rep. that has no idea why, tells me to check with my bank... My bank knows nothing. So this rep replaces my order & says it went thru & then I get the same email saying it has been cancelled. I call back in, wait another hour to get a representative that also tells me that usually it's an issue with my bank. (I can assure you it is not a bank issue.) Then says all that she can do is create a case & that billing will call me. There is no phone number for me to contact them she says. OMG We are down to the wire & I HAVE to place this order & HOPE that these specific items are available after this company pulls their head outta their **. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN AFTER THIS!

Don't feel like I need to do much explaining because the picture says it all. I paid an extra $4.99 for wrapping and I got this piece of work. They clearly took no time or effort wrapping my son's gift... He's two years old and could have wrapped it better himself! I have never felt the urge to leave a review on something I've bought until now. It's laughable, don't waste your money.

On Dec 5 I placed an order for a NFC reader $19.99. My credit card was promptly charged $21.86. I never received a notice advising me of an order number so I called the Customer Service 1-800-869-7787 to see what was going on. After 20 minutes they determined for No Known Reason my order had been cancelled. So again we place the order. The CS agent says yes it's in stock. Two days later I called to check the status and for 2 time my order had been cancelled. Now I have been on hold for 30 minutes before anyone got to my call and after providing her with all my information the CS agent put me on hold (no notice just dead silence). Then they tell me there was a problem with my email address.

So again they place another order. This is now the 3 time of placing the same order. We get through and she gives me my confirmation number and tells me I should receive an email with that number. So I ask does she want my email address to which she replies "No. I have it here on your order." I ask her if it's the one that they just told me kept my previous order from shipping. I will not be shopping with Toys R Us again.

I ordered an item from Toys R Us as a Christmas gift for a child in need. Unfortunately, he wanted something that I could only get at Toys R Us. I ordered it weeks in advance and when it arrived - they had shipped the wrong item. I called the company and waited to talk to them for at least 45 minutes. The customer service rep was really nice - and I thought she had solved the problem. She told me that she sent me a return label and was shipping the item in 3 days. I needed it by the end of the week to get it to the charity. She also gave me a reference number - which I repeated back to her. The next day I checked my email for confirmation - nothing was there.

That evening I called the company again - waited again for just as much time. When the customer service rep looked up the reference number I had been given the night before - nothing was there. There was no record of the call or my complaint - nothing! She couldn't even tell me if the item had been shipped. A friend of mine ordered something for another child in need through Toys R Us. He also got the wrong item! DO NOT SHOP HERE!

Husband & I sat down together to order Christmas presents online on Black Friday. We found 2 items we wanted to purchase. We were able to place them in our online "cart". Went to check out - had to do the Visa Verification checkout process before placing order. In the middle of that, the Toys R Us system glitched, kicked us out and sent us to a screen saying shopping cart was empty. Didn't give a confirmation # for order and I also checked my email to see if I received an "acknowledgement" that the order went through. No email. My husband and I decided that the first order did not end up being placed. So we ended up trying to place the order again.

One of the items we originally wanted now showed as "out of stock". Grrr! We were so disappointed but decided to go with 2 other different items to replace the one out of stock. So the 2nd order ended up being different than the first one. We were able to check out with no glitches and immediately were taken to a screen giving us a confirmation #. I went to check my email account to make sure I had the "acknowledgement" email. By our surprise we had 2!!! One for the original first order and then one for the 2nd one placed. Ugh!! I immediately got on the phone to call customer service to get one of the orders cancelled. The representative could not located either one of the orders in their system to be able to cancel. We were instructed to call back the next day to let their system "catch up."

The next day I ended up receiving 2 more emails for both orders indicating that the orders were confirmed and being processed. No!!! I called right away! The representative was not helpful at all. She said I needed to call and cancel within the first hour that the order was placed to be able to cancel. I freaking did!!! They couldn't find my orders - How am I supposed to help that?! Now that it was the next day she said that she will put in a request to cancel but can't guarantee that it will cancel. I called 2 other different times to try other representatives to make sure the request for cancellation was completed. They all said yes and that we shouldn't worry and to wait for a couple days for it to process. 2 days later I received emails stating that both orders had shipped!!! What!!?

I was very frustrated and called to ask why - especially when they put in the request and told not to worry. We ended up having to speak to a supervisor. She said there wasn't anything she could do because they were already shipped. But she could send an email with a return label to send the order back when we end up getting it. The label email was sent on December 1st but didn't received the order until the 9th and went to print the label a couple days later to send back. The label had expired!!! Another inconvenience! Called customer service again. I waited 28 minutes on hold before I was able to talk to anyone. I wanted to have them send another label. When I finally talked to the rep, I wanted to confirm that I wasn't going to be charged shipping.

The amount for the product had already hit my bank account and would have to wait for them to get the item back and process the return to see the refund back on my card. I just wanted to make sure I was going to receive a full refund. I didn't want them to take out the charge for shipping it back out of the refund amount. The representative was horrible and said that I wasn't charged in the first place!! Oh my! I was too! She wouldn't tell me for sure that I was not going to be charged shipping. Then she hung up on me! How can they treat people so terrible and get away with it. I will never shop through them again. I now have to travel to the nearest Toys R Us store (which is 40 minutes away) to try and return it. Very disappointing and frustrated! Praying that we can return in store for full refund.

When I placed my order, the website stated that I should receive the order by a certain date. Well, they are now 3 days past that date! I looked up the status and it says that the items have been located. Well, if they have been located, why haven't they been shipped? They've been in that status for 2 days. I sent orders to Target and Amazon later than the Toys R Us order and have already received them. I do NOT recommend using their website especially if you need the toy within the month.

My wife ordered a Barbie house for my daughter for Christmas. The package was not shipped in a shipping box but as is in original packaging. Package was left out on the open on my front steps in a rainy/snow mix so that the packaging was ruined. I called FedEx and was told that I had to speak to Toys R Us. I called Toys R Us and they said that they couldn't talk to me because my wife was the one that had actually ordered the gift. I told them that my wife was in the hospital recovery room because she had surgery and they actually had the nerve to ask if there was any way to call the hospital and have my wife call them back. I told them that that was ridiculous and not possible and they said, "Sorry there's nothing we can do for you. Thank you for calling Toys R Us."

Nerf Terrascout Drone. The msrp on this product is 199.99. It was in store for the regular price of 199. Online the price moved to 229. Then in store the price moved to 229. Then online the price moved to 249. Then in store the price moved to 249. They have raised the price 50 dollars for an item with a 199 msrp of 199 just for xmas. It's an exclusive branded item for Toys R Us with Nerf. Toys R Us shows its customers, especially those of us who are loyal return customers, that they will try and gouge every cent by literally raising its prices on regular priced items just in time for xmas. I'm done shopping there.

I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. EVER. My husband and I spend almost 4 hours going over prices online and shopping for Christmas for our kids. We bought almost $300 worth of toys online at Toys R Us. By the time we checked out 3 items were out of stock, which I was NOT happy about but I probably just took too long to check out, but since they were in the cart I thought they would be safe. Wrong! So ordered our stuff. It took me almost 20 minutes to get my credit card to work with 5 different tries. I should have given up then. Ridiculous.

So the next day we get an email that all but ONE of our items is out of stock!!! I called customer service and she was LESS than helpful. She told me "well we sometimes run out of things" and told me to call the store where I was to pick up stuff probably because she did not want to deal with me. Nice way to handle customer service.

So I called the store and was informed "oh well our store is not connected to the inventory online." WHAT??? Why can you order online and it is says "we have confirmed your order" and then a day later they are completely out of ALL of my items!!! One item I could understand, but ALL my items!!! Really??? I will pay more and go to a trusted store. We spend a lot of money at Toys R Us. But NEVER EVER again. We will spread the word also. All you are is a company who scams people. Now all the items we wanted are out of stock or now at higher prices at most stores. Thank you very much Toys R Us!!

On December 4th there was a big ad regarding hatchimal availability and 1st come 1st served with tickets. I arrived at 530am and yes there was a line. The problem was several people started showing up after 7am and cut in line. Employees were told about this and said "it's 1st on line that gets tickets." Needless to say I along with a couple other grandparents were 1st to 4th from receiving. Explained to manager what happened which she said she didn't know (it was pretty obvious since the people that were nice and dry (had been raining for 2 hours) more than likely hadn't been there long). Called customer support who said 1st it was a high demand item (told her was aware that is why I stood in the rain for 2 1/2 hours) then said "I'm sure you can get in another store" (very contradictory to 1st statement I would say).

Why (since there were already employees there) they didn't start handing out tickets sooner? They still could have waited to open and the 1st people there would have received. They did not hand the tickets out until 805am. Store opens at 8am. A lot of undeserving people got rewarded and the ones who withstood the cold/rain got ripped off. I was told I would receive a call back from customer service but of course have not. If they don't want to hear customers out and try to resolve an issue (basically not care) they are truly not there to support their customers. I will never go back there ever.

Please bear with me. I ordered 3 high-value toys (of which will never be sold for a while again) that were confirmed for in-store pickup the day before they went on the shelves. On release day, the store sold them all (essentially oversold via malfunctions on their website where I ordered). This left me stuck with 3 orders that I could cancel, but clearly were in purgatory because the item was already sold out everywhere. I essentially had time to buy from other retailers, but Toys R Us kept my online, in-store orders open when they had already sold them. After about 5 calls to Customer Service hotline and speaking with numerous supervisors, all Toys R Us could do was apologize for their mistake but that they'd have to cancel the order. This is not right nor correct considering these were the hottest toys of the holiday season.

Furthermore, it took begging to get anything more a simple sorry, a $25 "appeasement" credit was given to me in form of a promo code as a sorry because the orders would eventually get canceled, but 3 weeks later. On 12/1, I used that credit to purchase a $29.99 toy especially (considering all orders get free shipping for $19.99) and used my $25 appeasement promo code. It worked, but somehow despite the final order screen saying "Free Shipping" on my order, the final total cost did NOT reflect that. Since the order went through, I immediately contacted TRU customer support over email to let them know they owed me free shipping for what was such a clear mistake. From here it gets unlawful.

I called 2 different reps who mentioned that the only option would be for them to return my package and that there was nothing they could do about the shipping charge I receive despite the website clearly not indicating why my order wasn't eligible and was charged instead. Returning my package meant also losing my $25 credit and a supervisor named WHITNEY would not resolve the issue, clearly acting disinterested in helping me while at fault.

Do not believe on Toys R US, they takes the order and after 7 days you will get email that the order is not available due to unavailability. If the item is not available why they are taking order. Please do not place any order in Toys R Us.

Toys R Us Company Profile