Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Toys R Us Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: July 29, 2020

We ordered 2 items from Toys R Us online store. A Joie Car Seat and Joie Nitro LX Stroller to which full payment was made immediately. They took a few days to process the order and then I received an email saying the Joie Nitro LX Stroller is no longer available and that a refund would be done. This was on the 22nd of July. 3 days later I received the car seat but no indication as to when I would receive the refund. I have been mailing and messaging their customer care center as to when the refund will be done and to send me proof of the refund to which I have not received any response. I find the service rather appalling and the fact that they advertise a product as available and it’s not and then you need to struggle to get your money back. This does not bode well for Toys R Us and it seems as though they have no intention of refunding us our money for the stroller. If that was the case why did you not come up with an alternative or a solution?

I cannot believe the level of service we are receiving from Toys R Us. So much for “Our aim is to deal with any problems quickly and fairly. If you wish to complain, let us know about your unpleasant experience you have had with our company, please e-mail our Customer Care Service department stating clearly that you are making a complaint and use email address: customerservice@toysrus.co.za.” Customer service does not bother!

Original review: May 19, 2020

I placed an order May 9, 2020 with the order no. **. It's a toddler bicycles for $90. When I received the package the box it's broken, beat up out if shape but that's not what my really concern. When I assembled the bike one of the parts is missing (Knots) and it has lots of scratches all over. The painting so poor quality and soon it will rust for sure. On top of that both wheels are flat. I have to buy a pump. It doesn't look like a $90 value, I am very frustrated and disappointed with this. It's not fair for a customer perspective, I should get what I paid for and paying $90 for a bike should have a decent quality. I tried calling customer service and just putting me on hold. As we know all stores are close and I will have lots of Job. Bringing this bike back to the store is a big job.

Get buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I ordered an item online. When I opened the box up it was a complete different item and invoice which was somebody elses order. I called customer service in which they sent a replacement new order, yet a day later it was cancelled due to stock availability. Horrible system. Also not to mention a total of 1.5 hours on hold with customer service.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My husband and I were in to Baby Dept Tuesday night. The woman was delightful. Showed us every stroller we wanted to look at, took time explaining the differences. My husband was in stitches as they got along so well. Came back 2 nights later with my mom and sister. Sherry was there again. Remembered me! Hands down the most pleasant down to earth person to talk to. Will be signing up for baby registry soon and hoping Sherry will be there. Nervous about my first baby but she definitely put my mind at ease. Very kind she is. Hope to always have her assistance. Most people make you feel like an Inconvenience but not her. I think she sincerely loves babies and people in general. 10 stars for Sherri!!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I received several Toys R' Us gift cards for my baby shower. I thought it was perfect as I could put them towards a stroller and carseat. I waited until Boxing Day and was happy to see the stroller and carseat I wanted were on sale. I tried to purchase them online with the gift cards, but their "gift card" service system having "technical issues." So I went to the store, they did not have the stroller or carseat. My husband and I were TOLD by the MANAGER CAROL to order online, pay with VISA. Then we could print off the receipt and come back, they would REFUND our VISA so we could then re-purchase with the Gift Cards.

Finally the merchandise arrived to our home, my husband went to get the refund and re-purchase with the Gift Cards and cash. Long story short they took the gift cards and cash of $1237.00. When my husband asked about refunding his VISA, they started having 'difficulties,' and were unable to do to the refund.. They had to call their own customer service and then gave my husband a 'toys r us reference #', not even a VISA one. They said it would take up 2 to weeks for a refund?! He called VISA immediately because he felt something was off. He was told 'Carol' did not even work there. Please take my advice and DO NOT make any large purchases there, online or at all. THERE is SOMETHING OFF about this whole company and they are scammers. The reviews speak for themselves. Stay away.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I CAN’T BELIEVE I WAS SO STUPID TO ORDER FROM TOYS R US. If you're thinking that you're going to receive your order from them online, THINK AGAIN!!! WHAT A SCAM!!!! I’m a 7 month pregnant woman whom just wanted to order a nursing chair. Usually I would pick it up in store, but let's be real. How was I supposed to move this myself? I ordered my swivel glider chair at the beginning of November 2019.

Within a week, I hadn’t heard anything about shipping, so I decided to email their customer service. I didn’t receive an email response for a month and a half, to which I got a generic response not even addressing the situation. For the months of November and December 2019 I ended up spending almost 5 and a half hours on HOLD, and almost 4 hours speaking to customer service reps.

One time I was told that the warehouse lost my order. One rep told me that they had 72 in stock, and then another rep told me that rep was lying and it had been back ordered the entire time. I spoke to a manager who suggested I cancel my order and order a new chair, which I was not pleased about, but complied because I just wanted a damn chair at this point. She said that it would ship immediately. A week later (mid-December) I got an email saying the new chair had shipped. It is now Jan 3, 2020 and I still have no chair!!!! I had to call again and another rep told me that it was in a warehouse waiting to be delivered. SO NOW I HAVE PAID FOR A CHAIR WORTH $350 TWO MONTHS AGO, THAT I NEVER RECEIVED, NOR HAVE ANY FAITH IN RECEIVING.

TOYS R US SHOULD BE UTTERLY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. Do you want me to nurse on the floor??? I can’t believe this company has not gone bankrupt in Canada. It’s sad that my child will NEVER get to experience going into this store and seeing the magic that it once was. On principle from having my time wasted, money STOLEN, and hours of my life I can’t get back, I will never buy anything there again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Ordered using express shipping. Dec17 received a confirmation and in process. The website quoted products in stock and will be delivered. Received 1 product 5 days later and nothing else. No email or information online about order. Called customer service on Dec. 23 and told one product out of stock but no information. Horrible customer service and lack of accountability. If Amazon and other retailers can provide information why can’t Toys R Us get it together. I wouldn’t have known the product wasn’t being delivered unless I called customer service. Completely unacceptable. This is why Toys r Us needed a bailout. Incompetent customer service. Even in the stores the workers are clueless about products and locations. I will not shop here anymore. I rather pay more than waste my time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I ordered a stroller on Black Friday, and now it's December 20th and I have not received it. The status since December 11th is "Shipping Label Created". Their online support doesn't answer messages and when I call their support line, it is said that waiting time is 60 minutes. Then after waiting 30 minutes it still says 60 minutes. Who can waste 60 minutes+ at work to contact them?!! I'm travelling on the 24th, yet I have no idea where will my package will end up since there will be no one to pick it up. This is my first and last order from Toys R Us.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I'm extremely annoyed about my experience with Toys R Us online and customer service. I order 4 items online on November 30th and was not able to track my order with my tracking number, email address, and postal code on your website. I get this error message: "Sorry this order number, email or postal code does not match our records. Check your records and try again." I emailed customer service twice and received no replies. I received shipping confirmation emailed for 2 out of the 4 items. I received 3 out of the 4 items. I've called the customer service phone number multiple times and it indicated that the line was busy and it would automatically hang up.

I finally tried again on evening and it was indicated that the wait time was estimated to be 90 minutes. After holding onto the line for 2 hours and 49 minutes, a customer service agent finally picked up. My ultimate frustration after finally getting to speak to someone and experiencing voice latency, which indicates to me that customer service calls are taken in some form of online voice calling. I could not hold a conversation with her because every question I ask would result in an answer given to me approximately 10 seconds later. Only half the questions could be asked or heard because it was interrupted by a lag in her answer.

Eventually, she indicate that she is having trouble hearing me and disconnected the call - After I waited nearly 3 HOURS to speak to someone! Yes, I understand that there's a higher volume of orders or higher volume of calls. But perhaps look into equipping your call centre with proper communication tools. I could not believe how terrible my experience was with Toys R Us' customer service. A flaw in your online tracking system. A definite flaw connecting with your customers.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I ordered a guitar for my daughter for a Christmas gift, and I picked it up from the post office this afternoon to find that it was the wrong one. The product number on the receipt and the box of the guitar itself wasn't even the same. The guitar I received was for a younger age group than the one that I ordered so I can not just go ahead and use this one. And now the guitar is completely sold out and I am unable to get it for her and have to return this item. This was the one thing that she asked for from the big man for Christmas and I am here with 6 days to go with no guitar!!! The best you can do is refund me and give me 15% off of a future purchase. I don't plan on ever ordering anything from you ever again!

I ordered online because I live about 1 hour from the nearest Toys R Us and now I either wait for them to issue a return shipping label and get it to me for me to even see my money from their mistake, or drive the 1 hour to the store and return it. Thanks so much for the added stress and complete disappointment on this holiday season. The person that was in that department that went ahead and sent whatever they felt like that day I hope is going to hear about this!!!!

Toys R Us Company Information