1.11/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Toys R Us

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Toys R Us Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Veryyyy disappointing. Awful service. I ordered a toy online. After 10 days that have not received my order call customer service and the person who was helping me said she is going to open a case to receive an answer which she said takes 5 days why I have not received my order. That means after 15 days that I have ordered a toys I will receive an answer. Why I have not received it yet and they will let me know how long more I have to wait! 0 customer service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I am very upset with the service received from Toys R Us. I have been a regular customer for several years, but recently made an online purchase for a baby shower. Firstly the items ordered were not all shipped. The least the suppliers could do was inform me that the items were not available or that it would take time for delivery. Secondly, the other item came in with the box damaged. It was so sad and I was ashamed to present the delivery as a gift for the baby shower. When I called to inform of the online delivery, I was told of some new computer system and as a way of apologizing, I was given a 10 percent discount on my next purchase. I don't think I will be making a purchase online again on this site. It's time to realise, there is plenty of competition out there and you have to know how to provide good service to customers. This is with reference to Toys R Us Canada Ticket **.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Placed an online baby registry order. Order went through ok, an hour later got an email stating that my order was cancelled. Called Toys R US in the morning. Spoke to a customer service rep, she placed the order again for me over the phone. She stated items were in stock, not sure what happened. Hour later email order cancelling my order once again! Called again, spoke to another rep. He stated was not sure why my order was cancelled, but his team would look into this issue and get back to me on Tuesday(today is Saturday). He stated could be inventory issues.

I called my credit card company, both orders were charged to my credit card. I called Toys R Us again, and stated this, the rep told me I had to wait 7 to 10 business days to get a refund. They made the mistake and I now have to wait for a credit. This is so unacceptable, if the items is out of order, it should not allow you to place the order nor a second time. Then no apologies but I was told this is how it is! I asked to speak to a Manager, I was told it will take up to 5 business days....are you kidding me! Toys R Us needs better staff training, horrible service!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Toys R Us has a No return policy once the box of furniture is opened. Additionally, they do not carry extra screws, bolts or washers when they are missing/damaged. The threading on my screw is damaged and they said, "You’re on your own with the manufacture - here’s the number." At least IKEA has extras that you can walk into the store if a bolt or screw is missing. I ended up going to Home Depot and matching the damaged screw. I don’t recommend Toys R Us for furniture because they do not stand behind their products - once a package is opened, you cannot return or exchange.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Terrible experience today at Toys R Us. My son recently turned one, and one of the gifts he received were Duplo preschool building. I do not have a receipt/gift receipt for this gift but knew that it was purchased at Toys R Us. I came in hoping to exchange the gift (not return) for more age appropriate Mega Bloks. As we are trying to have another little one, it will be years before I have anything smaller than Mega Bloks at home. The associate and manager bother refused to let us exchange the unopened gift because their policy has changed and there are no exceptions.

As a Customer Experience Manager, I am blown away. I received this as a gift, I was not provided a receipt, this is a toy that my son can't even play with, and it is unopened. I am not asking for a return, just an exchange and you can't even make an exception. They also sent me to Walmart. Unfortunately Walmart does not sell this particular set and is unable to exchange the set for us as well. I am so disappointed and am not going to be shopping at Toys R Us in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I live in Sault Ste. Marie and made a trip to Barrie to Toys R Us to purchase stuff for a baby shower and spent a total of $170.00. Out of everything we purchased three bassinet sheets did not fit the mattress we had. I attempted to return them today, which was the first opportunity we had to return them, I was told their return policy had just changed to 90 days and since it was longer they could not take them back. Even after I reiterated the distance and even offered to spend the money in the store I was still told no. I was never so disappointed with such a poor decision by the manager to make this call after not even coming out to speak to me directly...she just did it over the phone from her office. She basically through the cashier under the bus. I will never shop with this company ever again. Oh still not the $ amount, it’s the pure lack of common sense and poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I wish I would have the option to choose ^no star^. When I asked a supervisor to open up a box to take a look at a trike as there was none on display, she refused because if I wouldn’t buy that item at the end she would have to sell it with a discount to somebody else. Ridiculous, because they are selling worn, dirty, torn and ripped display items for almost the original price!!! She promised to see what she can do, but never came back, besides that her tone and the whole attitude was unfriendly and completely unacceptable.

I ended up buying that trike, taking it to my car, opening the box, checking the material of the seat which was on top of the box and returning it within 5 minutes after buying it! I saw the guys taping up the box and taking it to the back. Do you seriously believe it will be sold with a discount?! Ridiculous! Luckily the guys at the register provided excellent Customer service, so I left the store with a little bit of positive impression.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I tried to order a Christmas present for my Grandson that live in Canada, went through all the process and Credit Card details etc. I got an email from them saying they had cancelled the order as Card details did not work. I contacted my Card provider and they couldn't find any problems and confirmed that a payment application from Toys R Us was not found. I then went back into Toys R Us website and tried again thinking I had entered my card details wrong. This time it all went through OK, then lo and behold they then also actioned my first order as well. I tried to contact them on their phone number but being a toll free number, but it would not accept my call!!! I sent emails to inform them of their error but by the time someone looked into it both orders had been dispatched and they couldn't stop them.

My daughter then had the task of taking one to a Post Office to send their mistake back, meanwhile I had been charged twice despite telling me they had cancelled the original order. To add insult to injury the charge that they told me was cancelled was $87.92, I eventually got a credit of $76.47 after they had received their mistake back. So, in effect, I paid $11.45 for their mistake!!! Terrible customer service, no wonder they went bust here. They certainly managed to make it traumatic to secure a Christmas gift for my Grandson!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I ordered a Disney baby bouncer on Nov 19, 2018 with the intention of getting it on time for a baby shower of Dec 2, 2018. Sufficient time right if your shipment is supposed to be delivered via courier. Well to my horror I only learned on Saturday Dec 1, 2018, that my order was sent via Canada Post and not Purolator which Toys R Us confirmed to me twice over the phone and via email that they shipped my package via Purolator. Liars!! Toys R Us customer service reps should learn to be honest when dealing with customers and not beat around the bush when they mess up. After all honesty is the foundation of any business relationship. Toys R Us customer service reps lied to me and gave me the runaround to call Purolator when they knew fully well that my package is being delivered via Canada Post.

To add to more lies Toys R Us' email also confirms that my package is being delivered via Purolator but references a Canada post tracking # instead. This is the first time I have ordered something online on Toys R Us and it will be the last time. Which big company in their right state of mind would ship parcels via Canada post knowing the current labor circumstances. I have lost my trust in this company. God knows when I will receive my package, but I hope Toys R Us is decent enough to refund my full cost.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I'm due to have our 4th bundle of joy October 17, 2018. When we found out we were pregnant again my husband and I decided to do some baby shopping at Toys R Us (even though it was way early in the pregnancy) because they were going out of business and we wanted to take advantage of the deals. Fast forward to today when I decided it was time to start washing and getting ready for baby's arrival. I wanted to see my beautiful car seat I am bringing my bundle of joy home in and get the cover washed. I opened the SEALED box to find NO CAR SEAT and NO STROLLER but instead a bunch of toys (mostly dolls, barbies).

I'm freaking out now because I have about 4 weeks left and now have to come up with more money to buy a car seat!! To make matters worse there is nowhere to call/email to get this problem resolved. The phone number is disconnected and email goes nowhere. I'm absolutely devastated. Now I can understand why/how they went out of business. I don't even know what to do or where to begin.

Toys R Us Company Information