1.11/5

1124 Toys R Us Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Terrible experience today at Toys R Us. My son recently turned one, and one of the gifts he received were Duplo preschool building. I do not have a receipt/gift receipt for this gift but knew that it was purchased at Toys R Us. I came in hoping to exchange the gift (not return) for more age appropriate Mega Bloks. As we are trying to have another little one, it will be years before I have anything smaller than Mega Bloks at home. The associate and manager bother refused to let us exchange the unopened gift because their policy has changed and there are no exceptions.

As a Customer Experience Manager, I am blown away. I received this as a gift, I was not provided a receipt, this is a toy that my son can't even play with, and it is unopened. I am not asking for a return, just an exchange and you can't even make an exception. They also sent me to Walmart. Unfortunately Walmart does not sell this particular set and is unable to exchange the set for us as well. I am so disappointed and am not going to be shopping at Toys R Us in the future.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I live in Sault Ste. Marie and made a trip to Barrie to Toys R Us to purchase stuff for a baby shower and spent a total of $170.00. Out of everything we purchased three bassinet sheets did not fit the mattress we had. I attempted to return them today, which was the first opportunity we had to return them, I was told their return policy had just changed to 90 days and since it was longer they could not take them back. Even after I reiterated the distance and even offered to spend the money in the store I was still told no. I was never so disappointed with such a poor decision by the manager to make this call after not even coming out to speak to me directly...she just did it over the phone from her office. She basically through the cashier under the bus. I will never shop with this company ever again. Oh still not the $ amount, it’s the pure lack of common sense and poor customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I wish I would have the option to choose ^no star^. When I asked a supervisor to open up a box to take a look at a trike as there was none on display, she refused because if I wouldn’t buy that item at the end she would have to sell it with a discount to somebody else. Ridiculous, because they are selling worn, dirty, torn and ripped display items for almost the original price!!! She promised to see what she can do, but never came back, besides that her tone and the whole attitude was unfriendly and completely unacceptable.

I ended up buying that trike, taking it to my car, opening the box, checking the material of the seat which was on top of the box and returning it within 5 minutes after buying it! I saw the guys taping up the box and taking it to the back. Do you seriously believe it will be sold with a discount?! Ridiculous! Luckily the guys at the register provided excellent Customer service, so I left the store with a little bit of positive impression.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I tried to order a Christmas present for my Grandson that live in Canada, went through all the process and Credit Card details etc. I got an email from them saying they had cancelled the order as Card details did not work. I contacted my Card provider and they couldn't find any problems and confirmed that a payment application from Toys R Us was not found. I then went back into Toys R Us website and tried again thinking I had entered my card details wrong. This time it all went through OK, then lo and behold they then also actioned my first order as well. I tried to contact them on their phone number but being a toll free number, but it would not accept my call!!! I sent emails to inform them of their error but by the time someone looked into it both orders had been dispatched and they couldn't stop them.

My daughter then had the task of taking one to a Post Office to send their mistake back, meanwhile I had been charged twice despite telling me they had cancelled the original order. To add insult to injury the charge that they told me was cancelled was $87.92, I eventually got a credit of $76.47 after they had received their mistake back. So, in effect, I paid $11.45 for their mistake!!! Terrible customer service, no wonder they went bust here. They certainly managed to make it traumatic to secure a Christmas gift for my Grandson!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I ordered a Disney baby bouncer on Nov 19, 2018 with the intention of getting it on time for a baby shower of Dec 2, 2018. Sufficient time right if your shipment is supposed to be delivered via courier. Well to my horror I only learned on Saturday Dec 1, 2018, that my order was sent via Canada Post and not Purolator which Toys R Us confirmed to me twice over the phone and via email that they shipped my package via Purolator. Liars!! Toys R Us customer service reps should learn to be honest when dealing with customers and not beat around the bush when they mess up. After all honesty is the foundation of any business relationship. Toys R Us customer service reps lied to me and gave me the runaround to call Purolator when they knew fully well that my package is being delivered via Canada Post.

To add to more lies Toys R Us' email also confirms that my package is being delivered via Purolator but references a Canada post tracking # instead. This is the first time I have ordered something online on Toys R Us and it will be the last time. Which big company in their right state of mind would ship parcels via Canada post knowing the current labor circumstances. I have lost my trust in this company. God knows when I will receive my package, but I hope Toys R Us is decent enough to refund my full cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I'm due to have our 4th bundle of joy October 17, 2018. When we found out we were pregnant again my husband and I decided to do some baby shopping at Toys R Us (even though it was way early in the pregnancy) because they were going out of business and we wanted to take advantage of the deals. Fast forward to today when I decided it was time to start washing and getting ready for baby's arrival. I wanted to see my beautiful car seat I am bringing my bundle of joy home in and get the cover washed. I opened the SEALED box to find NO CAR SEAT and NO STROLLER but instead a bunch of toys (mostly dolls, barbies).

I'm freaking out now because I have about 4 weeks left and now have to come up with more money to buy a car seat!! To make matters worse there is nowhere to call/email to get this problem resolved. The phone number is disconnected and email goes nowhere. I'm absolutely devastated. Now I can understand why/how they went out of business. I don't even know what to do or where to begin.

Original review: July 2, 2018

$48.00! Intentional Rip-off! Or Un-intented donation? Went to Toys R Us on Saturday June 16, 2018 in Dallas, Tx off Central Expressway to get what was left of the close out. I purchased a birthday gift to a party I was attending the same day along with three other items for my daughter and her cousins. Each item were no less than 13.99. Each were to the effect of a selfie-stick and Karaoke microphone. To my amazement ALL toys/microphone and selfie-stick DID NOT WORK! And/or are missing pieces. I don’t even know if the gift I purchased was in good standing for the other children. I spent a total of $156.10 that day. Didn’t seem much of a price cut as the items I purchased only had a 10-20% supposedly discount. I tried the customer service number to no avail. What now!? Can’t believe Toys R Us can repay its patrons like such!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I am a new grandparent and purchased a Fisher Price space caving high chair as a gift for my grandchild. Once he was 4 months old I opened box to chair together and realized it was not suitable. I took item in the original box and receipt to store and was advised no return is possible as it is after 45 days. Please be aware if you purchase shower baby presents for babies to use in future the store will not return the item or provide exchange or store credit after 45 days. The store I went to was in London, Ontario at Argyle Mall.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I ordered the Big Backyard - Ashberry II Swing Set in March and it is not received yet. Contacted the customer service many times by phone or email and the answer is that the item is with shipping company Cornerstone. I asked for the phone number of Cornerstone but no one wants to give it to me. I don't know what I can do. They took my money but I am fighting to get what I paid for. The worst customer service ever.

Original review: May 20, 2018

So I never write these review but read them. They provide important insights for customer's experience so I don't repeat horror. So I writing my review because I recently added a new little person to my family and was given a gift of $100 as a gift. The issue is the gift card is for Toys R Us and Babies R Us and they have refused to take their money. They didn't give any notice either for using gift card before deciding to cheat vulnerable people out their money. Instead one day I showed up to the store. They had a sign posted that were no longer accepting their gift card and wanted more of your money for things they already got pay for.

I was saving the money to buy a bigger car seat for my little person but was researching first. Just because I am a first time mom. I had gone in the store before and looked around and saw many items I could purchase but decided I would be patient and do my due diligence to just make sure my purchase would be satisfying and safe for my little people. However, I won't know what that feels like to use my money because this company has stole the money. Someone should step in and do something since they have goods that we have already paid for but they want consumers to pay twice. This is shady, and evil and maybe that is the real reason for their failure. How can they even get away with this? Corporate greed is horrible. Wish they had a zero rating score I could have used, I am so disgusted by them.

Toys R Us Company Information