Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Toys R Us Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I tried several times to contact the store to let them know I did not receive the product I purchased and they told me that they wouldn’t send my product but they would send me a gift card once I returned the product I was sent. I threatened to get PayPal involved and now they are not communicating with me. I will never buy anything related to Toys R Us ever.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I went to the store Oct 9 to buy an item on sale. They didn’t have it and later found out they never have them in the store. I’ve visited the store 3 times, each time told they will call if they get it. It’s Dec 21 and still no item. At one visit I said I would order online- the reply was, "Good luck with that as you may never get it." I am disappointed a store can advertise an item in their flyer, yet not carry it in the store, and not be honest enough to tell consumers.

Get buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I paid $19.99 for express shipping and apparently Australia Post only received it at 9:20 pm last night, I was advised by Australia post that it is only regular post not express post and I will not get this parcel for another 4 days. This company is misleading as on your website I selected express post 2-4 days (apparently it is only express from your dispatch warehouse). It is disgusting that I paid $19.99 and still waiting and will be waiting another 4 days, this is for my granddaughter's first birthday tomorrow 5 December. I can see many other people have had the same misfortunate experiences as I am having. I urge shoppers not to use this company as they are not trustworthy and the customer service is nonexistent.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I very recently made an online purchase from Toysrus.ca, but discovered within minutes of placing the order that I had made a mistake. When I tried to cancel/ correct my order the only option available was to email the company. When I sent my email I received a response stating that it would take 4-6 business days for Toys r Us to respond!! This is such a ridiculous response time! My order will probably be delivered to me before I actually finally get a response email. I can't believe how poor the customer service system is!

I even went to the Whitby Toys r Us store to try to speak to an actual human being and I was told that about a month ago the company decided to get rid of their customer service phone number. I was also told that they were unable to help online customers with canceling their orders and that the only option is to email customer service. I really hate not being able to speak to a live agent. Why doesn't this company have an online live customer service option? Why does it take 4-6 days to receive a response? I will definitely never shop online with this company again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

The staff at the Thunder Bay location were not only very helpful, but went out of their way to make sure that I received the free item that I was able to receive with my original item that I purchased.

Original review: July 29, 2020

We ordered 2 items from Toys R Us online store. A Joie Car Seat and Joie Nitro LX Stroller to which full payment was made immediately. They took a few days to process the order and then I received an email saying the Joie Nitro LX Stroller is no longer available and that a refund would be done. This was on the 22nd of July. 3 days later I received the car seat but no indication as to when I would receive the refund. I have been mailing and messaging their customer care center as to when the refund will be done and to send me proof of the refund to which I have not received any response. I find the service rather appalling and the fact that they advertise a product as available and it’s not and then you need to struggle to get your money back. This does not bode well for Toys R Us and it seems as though they have no intention of refunding us our money for the stroller. If that was the case why did you not come up with an alternative or a solution?

I cannot believe the level of service we are receiving from Toys R Us. So much for “Our aim is to deal with any problems quickly and fairly. If you wish to complain, let us know about your unpleasant experience you have had with our company, please e-mail our Customer Care Service department stating clearly that you are making a complaint and use email address: customerservice@toysrus.co.za.” Customer service does not bother!

Original review: May 19, 2020

I placed an order May 9, 2020 with the order no. **. It's a toddler bicycles for $90. When I received the package the box it's broken, beat up out if shape but that's not what my really concern. When I assembled the bike one of the parts is missing (Knots) and it has lots of scratches all over. The painting so poor quality and soon it will rust for sure. On top of that both wheels are flat. I have to buy a pump. It doesn't look like a $90 value, I am very frustrated and disappointed with this. It's not fair for a customer perspective, I should get what I paid for and paying $90 for a bike should have a decent quality. I tried calling customer service and just putting me on hold. As we know all stores are close and I will have lots of Job. Bringing this bike back to the store is a big job.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I ordered an item online. When I opened the box up it was a complete different item and invoice which was somebody elses order. I called customer service in which they sent a replacement new order, yet a day later it was cancelled due to stock availability. Horrible system. Also not to mention a total of 1.5 hours on hold with customer service.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

My husband and I were in to Baby Dept Tuesday night. The woman was delightful. Showed us every stroller we wanted to look at, took time explaining the differences. My husband was in stitches as they got along so well. Came back 2 nights later with my mom and sister. Sherry was there again. Remembered me! Hands down the most pleasant down to earth person to talk to. Will be signing up for baby registry soon and hoping Sherry will be there. Nervous about my first baby but she definitely put my mind at ease. Very kind she is. Hope to always have her assistance. Most people make you feel like an Inconvenience but not her. I think she sincerely loves babies and people in general. 10 stars for Sherri!!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I received several Toys R' Us gift cards for my baby shower. I thought it was perfect as I could put them towards a stroller and carseat. I waited until Boxing Day and was happy to see the stroller and carseat I wanted were on sale. I tried to purchase them online with the gift cards, but their "gift card" service system having "technical issues." So I went to the store, they did not have the stroller or carseat. My husband and I were TOLD by the MANAGER CAROL to order online, pay with VISA. Then we could print off the receipt and come back, they would REFUND our VISA so we could then re-purchase with the Gift Cards.

Finally the merchandise arrived to our home, my husband went to get the refund and re-purchase with the Gift Cards and cash. Long story short they took the gift cards and cash of $1237.00. When my husband asked about refunding his VISA, they started having 'difficulties,' and were unable to do to the refund.. They had to call their own customer service and then gave my husband a 'toys r us reference #', not even a VISA one. They said it would take up 2 to weeks for a refund?! He called VISA immediately because he felt something was off. He was told 'Carol' did not even work there. Please take my advice and DO NOT make any large purchases there, online or at all. THERE is SOMETHING OFF about this whole company and they are scammers. The reviews speak for themselves. Stay away.

Toys R Us Company Information