1.22/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 23, 2017

1046 Toys R Us Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was on hold waiting for a representative for 1 hour. The representative then picked up the phone and hung up. I called back and was on hold for another 45 minutes and hung up on again. Finally I got a hold of a representative and was told they couldn't cancel my order TWO HOURS after I placed it. This is an awful business with horrible customer service. Good riddance Toys R Us!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I placed an order online at 12:30 a.m., and did not realize until I completed it that my address that is stored in my phone and entered a incorrect zip code, which means my order was going to a incorrect address. I immediately called, thinking they had people manning their phones. No. I had to call when they opened. I called at 7:00 a.m., was told they could not change the address, they could only cancel the order. I was given a Cancellation number and was told it was going to the cancellation department. 18 hours later I received another e-mail that they had received my order.

I once again called, and was told I could not cancel my order, but that I had to refuse delivery (this is not my house). Less than 24 hours later they shipped my item to a incorrect address. I called the shipper and told them I refused the delivery, and they told me that they would TRY and stop the delivery. No guarantee. All this because TOYS R US didn't know how to do their job. I will never shop there again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Their system errors out on the shipping address and now they can’t cancel the order or correct the shipping address. What kind of company can’t correct a shipping address or cancel an order?! Basically on out my money for the order and there is nothing they can do. Hope someone at that random address likes the toys I bought them. Was supposed to go to a toy drive at work. They deserve the bankruptcy they are going through. Good riddance.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

First I would like to state that my local store is amazing, however the Online service for Toys R Us is horrible. Regretfully they are a different service than the local stores and are both Toys R Us but separate. Again my local store is awesome but the problems I have had with Online are abysmal. I have had toys shipped with falling apart packaging, Toys shipped in boxes that were watered damaged, But the worst has been the Toys R Us credit card and online together. I did not get my rewards points because of a promotion that was being offered for promotional financing (I pay my card off every month, do not want this). I would have used my Discover but the online receipt states I was charged the sales prices but when I got my credit card statement I was charged the full price, I was charged almost 2,000 more than I should have. Check your statements if you bought Black Friday sales online with a Toys R Us credit card in 2016.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Placed order on 11/19 with promo codes. On 11/20 I received an order cancellation for "out of stock" when it was still being sold online. I called customer service and was on hold for 40 minutes before selecting the callback option. It has been three hours with no callback. It is no surprise they are going bankrupt because their service is absolutely terrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Toys R Us doesn't stand behind their gift cards. I checked for the balance online, but since the card did not have a pin number, I was not able to get the balance. I called the 800 number and stayed on line for over 25 minutes as the representative put me on hold multiple times then came back, asking me for a pin number. We went back and forth multiple times, when I was asked for the pin number and I explained again and again that there wasn't a pin number on the card. The result, half an hour wasted, and no ability to find out the balance of my gift card, or to find out if it was already redeemed... Poor poor customer value. Won't shop with them ever again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Layaway is a great thing and it's great for parents that don't have all the money. Layaway should be done right, of course, year after year Toys R Us disappoints and they truly want to know why they are being matched out, l am clueless why they don't know. They lose the orders, the staff is clueless, chip pads don't work, no big bags, the list goes on and on. Want to make a payment? Can't because the chip pad doesn't work. Try to go online this morning. Well I have someone else order, WHY? I think I will be following Walmart next year, some of the stores need to close, the items are cheaper at Walmart, for Toys r us to keep a sale they have to price match it or they will go to Walmart. The company has been around for years, I think changing staff and marketing play a big part and losing money they are every day. Some stores where I live should be close by now, why they are not, I don't know.

KINGS PLAZA STORE: It's like shopping in the SWAMP with SHREK and FIONA. METROPOLITAN STORE: NO WIFI (HELLO IT'S TIME TO UPDATE). The marketing staff needs to get a grip that these stores and some others won't survive give or take. (2020) TOO many stores. The staff is clueless about the toys and don't know much about anything in the store besides punching in for work. So now I need to go to the store and make a payment and take the copy I printed and find out who is using my email. Way to Toys r us another year with making more DUMB mistakes as it is the NORM.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Toys R Us online service are the worst. They are very rude, hang up on you, dont want to look into the matter. I have been trying to place the same order for a week and it gets cancel everyday. After staying on the phone with an agent for three hours the order still has not been placed. The supervisor has no idea about anything. They do not know how the Toys R Us credit card suppose to work. They are the most incompetent people ever. I guess I need to find another place to shop for the kids.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Constantly cancelling order with no explanation. Call customer service and they can't tell you anything either. It's so annoying! Out of 10 orders, everyone canceled but one with no explanation at all. Then takes days to release the money back to the bank.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I placed an order for pick up. The item was showing availability in only one store which was a pretty far drive from my place. The item showed availability at this store for a couple weeks. I bought the item online and received a confirmation email. I did not read the cancellation email so I do take fault for that (unlike many of the other very upset customers who wrote before me), though the item should not have been listed as available in the first place. I end up at the store only to find out the item was cancelled and the guy at the register advised me that the item hadn't been there in a very long time and then advised me they were stocked at a different store... One that the website did not list as available -__-.

At this point, I did not want to take another journey to a store location on the complete opposite side of town. I check the website and behold, it's been updated, so basically, I helped the website update their availability! I should be hired, right? I contacted customer support via Chat because I honestly did not want to sound like a whiny ** consumer like most of the people who write long reviews including myself. I told the chat representative, Shealia, my story and she helped me find a great resolution. Shealia then had me call the customer service line to place my order with another great rep named Crystal. She was also quick, friendly and made sure my issue was taken care of. Upset that the website was incorrect and at myself for being that one consumer who doesn't read emails and blames it on the company BUT I'm pleased with how the issue was resolved.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Toys R Us in Woburn Ma is terrible. At 1st things seemed great, 1st gentleman I dealt with was great, not to mention my kids were excited to look around. The woman @ customer service was rude and arrogant. She embarrassed me in front of my family and other customer. I was looking for an item for my toddlers and they have a pull tag system which is fine. I pulled a tag and a employee nearby said he would see if it was in stock, fabulous I thought. He said, “Yes we have plenty.” I was like, “Great let me look around to shop some more.” When I proceeded up to the front I saw a different item at the desk. I said to the lady, “I have this tag and would like to see if someone could help me.” She said, “This is your item”, I responded with, “No it’s not.”

She sternly said, “YES IT IS THAT'S THE TAG YOU PULLED.” I said, “Well let me go check again because this is not what I had in mind." She got on a walkie and was talking to another employee about me rudely which everyone in the store including my children could hear her. When I went back to what I was looking for lo and behold there was multiple incorrect tags. I then went up front as they continue talking about me on the walkies and said, “I do not want this item as it was tagged wrong.” She had a terrible attitude, huffed and puffed like I was troubling her. Even though I want to walk out I could not take from my children. I was then overcharged for the items I did buy (I noticed when I returned home). My older children were asking a lot of questions about what the employees were saying about me and how rude and how bad her attitude was.

I CALLED the corporate office, they put in a complaint. I did hear from the new store manager which seemed to go well and he seemed concerned. HE told me he wanted to make things right. He was going to send me a gift card that was in Aug 2017. Well the end of Sept rolls around no gift card. I called back when he answered, he appeared to be very frustrated with me and seemed like he had no care in the world or intent to make this right considering I was embarrassed and overcharged. However he claimed he would look into it.

Well now it’s the end of October, I still have not heard back nor have I received my gift card. I Will be sure to advise all friends and family never to step foot in this place ever again. I have 5 children and 2 godchildren and would always shop at a Babies R Us or Toys R Us now I will not. IF THEY DON’T VALUE THEIR CUSTOMER WHY SHOULD I BENEFIT THEM BY SHOPPING THERE? Walmart, Target & Amazon will now have me as a customer...

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I placed an order online, I first received an email with the confirmation then I received another saying my order couldn’t be processed. I called Toys R Us and they said it’s on my Banks end. I called my bank, and it definitely wasn’t on their end. I called and spoke to a different person and they said that for whatever reason the order was cancelled on their end and it would take 5-7 days for the money to return to my account, and also stated that if I called my bank they could release the money for me.

After calling my bank again they needed a fax from Toys R Us stating they can release the hold. After callings Toys R Us for the 3rd time they said they are unable to send the fax. I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that no one could give me an actual reason as to why my order was cancelled in the first place and now I have to wait for the money be put back into my account. I will never order from Toys R Us again and I will definitely make sure all my peers know not to order either.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I placed a $500 order with Babies R Us on 10/15/17 after being on the phone with a representative for an hour because I was unable to complete the order online due to their major website issues. The next day I called because I did not get a confirmation email. I waited for another hour and the order could not be located with the order number or any of my personal identifiers, even though there was already a hold on my bank account. I asked for the order to be cancelled and re-ordered what I needed (if both items were available at another store I would not have ordered them through Babies R Us!). Due to the fact that the order could not be located, everything was in limbo for about a week.

I have since spoken to 7 other representatives and supervisors, spending about 7-8 hours on the phone, and they have not only been insincere with their monotone apologies, but the order has been shipped and my account charged even though I was assured that the order would be cancelled. The supervisor that I spoke with today was obviously annoyed talking to me (I told her that I was upset because I had been hung up on 3 times and they conveniently cannot make outgoing calls if a call is dropped so you have to start all over again if you are hung up on). The item that still needs to be cancelled is being shipped through an outside company and this supervisor would not call them on my behalf to handle cancelling the order because it was too soon after being shipped. I voiced my frustration with this poor customer service and she actually ignored me on more than one occasion, changing the subject.

I asked for the shipping company's information and called after hanging up with her. They were immediately able to help me and told me to call them back if there were any further problems. The Babies R Us team, however, made no attempts to genuinely show that they cared about the poor experience that I had or make any attempts to keep me as a customer. I will NEVER shop there again and will be sure to share my poor experience so that no one I know has to go through the same thing. If I could give them negative stars I would have.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I would give them a negative 10 if I could. Customer service is HORRIBLE!! I ordered an item for my daughter-in-law’s baby shower (which is 6 weeks from now). Input my address for shipping. Checked all information prior to placing order and all was correct. Then I received my confirmation email... Which showed shipping direct to my daughter-in-law!! I tried to change the shipping address online - nope. Tried to cancel the order so that I could place it again - nope. Called Babies “R” Us. Was on hold for 36 minutes (!!) prior to someone answering the phone. CSR told me that there was nothing that she could do. As it was an online order, she could not change the shipping address nor cancel the order! After 10 minutes discussing this with her, I asked to speak with a manager.

Manager was totally useless. After 1 hour and 8 minutes on the phone, I was told that a change could not be made for 3 days!! I told this manager that in 3 days, the item would have already been delivered to my daughter-in-law. She said that there was nothing that she could do. Really?? If they were my employees, they would have been fired for EXTREMELY poor customer service. But this is how Toys “R” Us and Babies “R” Us operates. They don’t care about the customer. My daughter-in-law will receive her gift way ahead of time - and I will not have a gift to present to her at the baby shower unless I buy something else. Customer service at Babies “R” Us truly sucks. I am extremely disappointed. And the worst part is that they don’t even care. Sad.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I ordered something last week and selected expedited shipping (2 days shipping) because I needed it to arrive on time for a present. Two days later I received an email that shipping was unfortunately delayed and there was no estimated new shipping date. I had to scramble and get another present in a pinch. I also called Toys R Us, I was on the phone for a long time, finally talked to someone and canceled the order. She assured me that the order had been canceled. Five days later I received another message saying that "the order was shipped" -- now that it is useless, no longer needed, they also had the nerve to perceive the fee for 2 day shipping when they actually shipped the order one week later.

I tried to call customer service again: impossible to get to them. I went to the store in town: they cannot do anything. I will never buy from here again. Service/Delivery Comments: Customer service is very disappointing. There is no email address anywhere on the website. When you call them, you are on call for a very long time and even when you get to someone they are useless.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I went to a Store in Fullerton on last Saturday to Buy & ship a Kitchen set (Toy) for my Granddaughter who is soon turning to be One. The product was advertised on Internet/ Free shipping. But at the end it came up with $9.99 Surcharge, that no one at Store level could explain. On calling to Customer service & Finally speaking to Mgr. in that Dept (Ms. **) said if item is oversize or overweight "SHIPPER" charges a SURCHARGE, that customer has to pay & they have no control over it & it cannot be waived. Question What is meant by FREE SHIPPING? When you are buying from a store, or online when it is FREE SHIPPING customer pays nothing. In this case it seems like it is a FRAUD or a DECEPTIVE advertisement. For which TOYS R US is responsible & any or all customer who has been victimized must take some action against the company.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I ordered 5 items from my niece's baby registry for a total of $113.54. I received 4 different emails stating one item was not available and 4 items were being delivered separately. I have no idea if any have been delivered. I tried to find the delivery information from the site and continue to receive message of no information for order number. I have no idea if the items have been received and do not appreciate that I have to ask if items have been received. Plus, if received, is she aware of the sender (me) of many different items. A baby GIFT registry should send items as ONE gift! Isn't that the point of a registry? IT IS A GIFT! I am dissatisfied with the unprofessional baby registry system and will NEVER order through them again! I am still trying to find out if anything received - Ugh...

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I bought couple of bikes for my kids yesterday from Plaza 48 location, Long Island City. Store manager Anthony was great! I forgot to bring my 15% coupon, but he gave me 15% discount. So I didn't have to travel back to my home to get the coupon.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

HORRIBLE experience! STAY AWAY unless you want to risk your baby's happiness as it may never receive their toy. I have tried to make 5 online orders and NONE of them went smoothly. I made two orders online, then 2 hours later I received a cancellation saying the item was unavailable. How come. Isn't your store in sync with availability?! The credit was issued 2 days later while you were quick to take the money on purchase that was never available. I made another order of different item, waited for a whole week and the FedEx saying Delivery Exception, shipper requested it to be returned?!?! Never received it and I needed for my baby. How cruel is that?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

If I can give below one I would have done so. I ordered a crib and a dresser to be delivered to the house. The shipping company called minutes prior to pulling in my driveway informing that they have a delivery for me. The driver wanted to drop my crib and dresser on the asphalt even though we paid around $300 for shipping and delivery since they are heavy. The driver rejected to put them inside the house so we rejected the delivery. My husband called Toys R Us and they assured us that they will credit our $1400 back into the account. Yesterday we called to check on the status and Toys R Us informed they have nothing to do with this and that's our problem with the shipping company. The supervisor rejected to talk to us by all means. The guest relation was trying to help and the supervisor didn't even to talk to me and offered me a $20 coupon!! What a shame.

I went in July to Manchester store. The baby registry staff greeted us and they were extremely helpful. Our family and friends started going there but each time someone wanted to buy something in the registry, the staff informed that it's out of stock!!! It happened with every friend who went there to buy stuff for my baby!!! Also, I ordered an ottoman and a nursery chair early July. Called the store so many times and I stayed on hold for hours. No one was able to locate my order or even update on the status. Even though they requested a full payment upfront. I don't know where is the management of that store!!! We the pregnant woman need less stress. I can't believe how poor and unsatisfactory is your customer service and your service after sale. Shame on you!!! This is our hard earning money!!! Now I deleted my registry after spending hours at the store and while surfing their website to build it. This is the biggest scam ever.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

This is the worst two-week shopping experience on a website I have ever experienced. For two weeks I have shopped the Toys R Us website only to not be able to navigate on the gift registry. Filling my cart then having it end up empty. The baby shower is in four days. I could have gone shopping in far less time. A credit card offer kept popping up forcing me to exit and start all over again. I wonder if my personal data has been compromised or if the website has been hacked. All of it is gone after opening an account and an empty cart. I went into the help area and the chat was closed. I gave up. I have never filed a complaint, I'm pretty easy going. This one is too much to overlook.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Ordered a baby car seat for a coworker 2 weeks prior to shower. Guaranteed delivery in 5-7 days. Put in as scheduled delivery (by mistake per Toys R Us employee) causing car seat not to be delivered as scheduled and no present for shower over a week after expected delivery!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I was only in San Antonio for 4 days and so I ordered a bike from Toys R Us since they promised a 2-3 delivery date. I paid extra for expedited shipping. It took 5 days to receive - and so I had to stay 2 days at a hotel while waiting for the bike to arrive. I tried to reach someone to help me - to no avail. Extremely frustrating. Liars and awful customer service!

Original review: July 25, 2017

When in April 20, I go to Toys R Us online and bought a Nerf Modulus and Upgrade kit, it totally cost me RM 380.00 on Maybank account. Then until now July, I never heard again about my order news, then I try to make a call to the Customer Service and already showed them my order number. But they say 'Sorry, we are unable to help you on online purchase.' Then I was so angry and I make a argument with them on Toys R Us office. Then I say, "Next time I will never come to Toys R Us purchase any ** item!" The other toy store is better 10x for Toys R Us!!! Totally scam my RM 380.00!! #NeverToToyRus #RM380.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Upon learning my Rewards R Us points expired I called customer service to try to see if I could get them back. I was told I would receive a $20 coupon through email along with a reference number and never did. After calling again I was told in order to be helped I would need to provide the reference number that I never even received! The way the customer service operates is very manipulative, make sure you write down everything and ask for a reference number or else you will not be helped. Very disappointing, especially for a children's store!

Original review: July 12, 2017

ONE STAR IS TOO MUCH TO GIVE. I Placed a Nursery Order at Toys R Us in Feb. 6months ago!!! Was told 6 week delivery!!! They took my money and I still do not have all my items! I escalated this in April. Was promised rest of my order June 30th and I don't have it all!!! I now have a baby and don't have all my furniture. Toys R Us Regina told me to call head office. I have. 4 times in April and just did Thurs/Fri/Monday and each day told I would get a callback. TOYS R US has never called me back!!! I'm so sick of hearing 2 more weeks from 6 Months ago! What horrible customer service at the store and calling into customer service!!! I want my items that I paid for!!! Oh wait. They offered me free shipping for all the hassle!! Which it was already!!! At this point I'm wondering if I'll ever get the rest of my order that was paid for!! Or even a call back from them!!

Original review: July 11, 2017

Last night I placed an online order for 4 separate Lego toys totaling over $100. When closing my order, it gave me the option for shipping and I chose 2 day shipping at the rate of $19.99. The listing and order verification showed everything in stock. I received a confirmation this morning that showed one item only being sent to my billing address, not my shipping address. The order was for the $12 item and shipping was being charged at $19.99. No other confirmations but I assume they are going to charge me $20 every time one order is being sent. This is a complete ripoff.

They misrepresented the order that was not mutually agreed upon when I confirmed my billing... But they will eventually mess up my banking account. As a single parent, I do not appreciate this and will NEVER order from them online again. If you need something from Toys R Us, go into the store and handle whatever with a store representative. At least, you will have a better understanding.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I always buy from Toys R Us and never had a problem, but this to me seems like some false advertisement and isn't right. I bought a Wolverine costume and it shows with claws and nowhere does it say claws sold separately. I get it today and no claws. It's very bad advertisement. I search before I bought this one and some were sold with claws and some without. Now I have to buy claws which will be twice as much I will be paying as if I bought the custom somewhere else. Just not right!!

Original review: June 17, 2017

I put an order for a registry but the person never got the order (lost mail), I complained to customer service and they state that the items were delivered even if it was the wrong address. They don't want to refund it.

Original review: June 16, 2017

On 5/11/17 at around 7:30 a.m., I placed an order online for my grandson's birthday. My daughter's address and my address are the same numerical portions, but different roads and states. I mistakenly listed my address as the delivery address. I immediately tried to call customer service, but they were not open until 8:00 a.m. ET. At 8:00 a.m., I called customer service to change the address, and was told that was not possible. I then asked to cancel the order and was again told that was not possible.

I received a card from the post office asking for a signature for delivery and noted that I wanted a Saturday delivery. I stayed home all day Saturday 5/20/17 waiting for the delivery, which never came. I contacted Toys R Us customer service and spoke with Cynthia on 5/24/17, and was told the package was delivered on 5/16/17 (?). I let her know that I had never received anything, and she said she would issue me a refund. I have been checking my statements and had not seen a refund issued, so called customer service this morning (6/16/17), and was told by Ashley that the "refund was declined". I have now contacted my credit card company to dispute these charges. I will NEVER shop at Toys R Us again!

Toys R Us Company Information