1.11/5
  • 1 star
Based on 103 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Toys R Us

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

1096 Toys R Us Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

So I went to Toys R Us in North Haven CT with my husband and kids. We was there for about 30 minutes walking around trying to find something for my son. My daughter wanted to buy a video game but there was no one around. We send my daughter to the cashier to ask for help in the back with the video game and we waited there for another 20 minutes and nothing. My son got his toy and my daughter didn't get anything.

As we walked to the register there was 3 people sitting there chatting like there people here that need help. No one helped us. No one cared and I think there was even a family there trying to steal bc no one was paying attention. Next time I go to the other Toys R Us where I get help fast and where people care. Oh and they never gave me my receipt. The girl said I will get it in my email. Didn't. I check both my emails and still nothing came in. I would watch out and make sure they give it to you or mail it to your email. Now I've nothing if I needed to return something.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Beware of Toys R Us online, I ordered & paid for $105 worth of Cra-Z-Art SoundMoovs arm bands/electronics at Christmas, instead I received a $5 Thomas the train, huh?? After calling they corrected the order and sent me the armbands. Then the emails began, reminding me that I needed to return the armbands? Why would I return something I purchased?? After calling AGAIN, they said I needed to return the Toy Train, via US Post office!!? Pain in the rear, but okay, it's done right? SURPRISE, they have now charged me AGAIN another $105.00 for the same items I already paid for. They said, so sorry but it will be 10 days before my $105 is refunded. By the way, some of us don't have an extra $105 dollars laying around to support others mistakes. A customer for 10 years, I've spent thousands over that time in their store. Their apology gift to me? $10 off coupon for my next order... Sad, but there won't be a next order. AMAZON it is...

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I ordered my Son two lego sets he picked out to purchase with Christmas money. We were told a date the item would be delivered and as any 8 year old would do he waited for that package. Well I received a email later in the day that the items were unable to ship and one was on back order. Days later a email came that said a item was cancelled. Note... these items were still available online to purchase. I ordered these items on Amazon and called Toys R Us and said, "Cancel all orders!!!"

A week later my account is charged for the 2 items and I received a email that one lego was being delivered. Omg!!! Seriously!!! I called again and was told they don't see of any charges or deliveries. I called my bank to dispute charges. Guess what? Today my account was charged once again and I got a beat up package with a crushed, opened lego set. I can only laugh at this point and know that tomorrow I will once again call customer service and I will waste my time to drive to store to return. My Son is upset but I trust Amazon will have orders here on time as promised and I can absolutely say I will not be a customer anymore and will spread the word about the lack of organization.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I placed an order on 12/14/17 for my nephew. I received a confirmation of my order. On 12/16/17. I received a tracking notification that my item had shipped for Toys R Us. I then saw a scheduled delivery date of 12/20/17. Well, 12/20/17 came. No package. I called customer service the next day. Customer service has no clue what they were doing. I asked for a supervisor. I was told “that there wasn’t a supervisor working at the time”. How convenient. The guy on the phone then said, "Let me look into this further". He got back on the phone and said, "Your package should arrive by the 25th, if you don’t receive it. Call us back". How helpful. This was a Christmas present for my 8-year old nephew. How do you call a company who had no clue or knowledge of where your package is?! Guess what happened next?

That’s right, Christmas Day came and went. Here it is a New Year, currently today is 1/7/18 as I type this message. I’ve sent several other emails and complaints. No response from a supervisor or manager or anyone from Toys R Us. I called back yet again, waited on hold for 25 minutes. AGAIN!! Just to hear another customer service representative from Toys R Us tell me how they couldn’t help me and they were sorry. This is absolutely insane. I can not believe nobody has returned my call or emails. I still have not received my package. Yet, have been charged the full amount. If you want my advice. Do not shop online or even in store at Toys R Us. I had to re-purchase the item I was suppose to receive from Toys R Us from Amazon who charged more but delivered on time. This is bad communication and absolutely horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I bought on Toys R Us site. Paid for a express shipment (2 days) and in two days the order was not yet shipped. I called the Toys R Us Help. They informed that I Will receive in that evening, but no arrival. I called again, they informed that Will cancel and reimbursement but till now nothing. I bought on Dec 26th.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I ordered from Toys R Us on Dec.4th, my order was shipped in multiple shipments, I was tracking the one I never received Ninja Legos. The tracking said a label had been created so I assumed I would receive it before Christmas, I called a few days before Christmas and after being on hold forever got a hold of customer service. I was told I should have called sooner but they had an agreement with a company that if you ordered before Dec.19 then you would receive your order, which I clearly did! She said I still might receive it which I didn't. Then after Christmas I sent 2 emails to corporate and haven't even got a response yet... poor customer service! Someone could at least respond.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

On December 8th, I bought 9 Shopkins Kinstruction sets. They said they were shipped and they had tracking but they used multiple shipping services and they shipped the items individually. I only received two of them but not the rest. I checked the other tracking numbers and some of them said they were shipped to a place called Portland, WA and it had the Vancouver, WA zip code listed. The rest had my right location listed and said they had been delivered.

I called eBay Toys ”R” Us about this and this shipping error thing and my packages never being received so they said they would reship the items. A week goes by and I call them back and give them the claim number they gave me the week before and the number was unlisted in their system so I had to start from scratch again with them. Then they tell me a refund had been reissued because they were out of stock. They said to wait 5-10 business days. I see on their ebay store they still had some items in stock and they were not going to ship the ones they still had in stock. So I contact them again and get no answer. They also said on ebay to me I will get a email from them within 2-3 business days and no email ever came.

Today I checked my Paypal account and no refund still wasn't issued. I had to call ebay because they closed my case on me when I had them step in to help me get my refund but because of their shipping errors and showing packages were received on my door step, they refunded me for courtesy and said toysrus couldn't be responsible. I did get my refund from ebay and I will never buy from toysrus online again due to their broken promises and shipping to a no such town in Washington and poor communication. How do they even stay in business with their lack of profession?

I suspect some of my packages were stolen on my doorstep but toysrus said they were refunding me and that is why I am unhappy because they did not follow through with the email they promise to send me and refund and the bogus claim number they gave me. Might file a claim on paypal against them if I am still expected to pay it through paypal credit I used when I bought from them or else ebay basically paid the bill for me and I still didn't get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I'm very disappointed with my experience with Toys R Us! For Christmas I ordered a 20 inch red and black Malice bicycle and was sent an 18 inch orange and black Rallye bicycle with training wheels!!! My whole point with shopping online was not to go in a store at all, but yet I had to go exchange the wrong bike for the right bike. I was very upset and still is, but I must admit the customer service reps at the store was very polite and apologized for the mishap.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I purchased an order (Disney Pixar Cars Easel) on December 9, 2017. My order shipped in multiple packages. For one of the items I received an email on December 11, 2017 stating that the order had shipped. As it got closer to Christmas I was checking on the order, but they was no tracking details other than the tracking number which stated label created awaiting shipment so on December 19th. I called Toys R Us to obtain information on my package. Of course I was placed on hold for a while for the representative to do research. The representative then comes back and says, "Sorry for the confusion but your order never shipped because we did not have the product and we was checking multiple warehouses to see if it was available." At this point I’m upset because I’m like why would you state something shipped that never did and now I have to try and figure out something else this close to Christmas.

The representative then asks how do I want to proceed In which I stated just refund me my money. She stated okay they will get the refund processed. It should be 5-7 business days and that I would also get an email with a code for $10 off. Never got email or refund so on December 23rd I call back and give them the rundown again and ask where is my money. Representative insists refund was indeed processed and that I would have within 5-7 business days. It’s now December 29th 7 business days from the 19th so I call again because I still haven’t received my money and the representative states the refund was just approved on the 23rd hence the day I called about it again and that it takes 5-7 business days from that day to be refunded, so I should receive it early next week. I’m so over Toys R Us and trust me they don’t have to worry about me spending another dime with them!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Don't ever buy online at Toys R Us! Ever!!! It's been a month since I purchased 2 games for my son for Christmas and one of them was never shipped! I ordered the games on Thanksgiving. I called to track it and automated system told me it was shipped. I check the tracking number and item was never shipped. It just had a tracking number. I called again to asked for my refund and was promised it would take 48 hours to process for the credit. I called Dec 7, then again Dec 10, Then Dec 12th, then Dec 17, and then Dec 20 and Dec 27 and again today. It’s the 28th of December and I'm still dealing with their lying asses over one month later. Each customer service rep said that they would fix my issue and it doesn’t get fixed. I never received an email that the order was canceled or an email about my credit either. How many more times I would have to call to get my money back for a game that was never shipped?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I purchased a gift card online from Toys R Us on Dec 15. It is now Dec 27 and I still have not arrived it. I called customer service and the guy would not listen to me and kept talking while I was "please stop talking and listen to me" over and over again. I finally yelled at him to stop talking and listen to me. He did stop for about a minute, but started up again.

I am asking for a refund to my credit card for the amount that I paid for the gift card ($25) but he said that they don't have a refund policy unless the it is not delivered by their "policy" period of so many days. He said that if I have not received the gift card by tomorrow, then I can call back for a refund. This "policy" was never mentioned during my online order nor on the receipt! I want a refund regardless if it finally arrives or not as it is now of no use to me now that Christmas is past. I will never do business with them again. They have HORRIBLE customer service and their "refund policy" really sucks. It is not consumer friendly. This is probably why they are going bankrupt.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

On November 27, 2017 on Cyber Monday I ordered an Optimus Prime Transformer (because he is the best and most awesome Transformer) for my grandson for Christmas. It was on sale for a very good price of 35.00... originally 55.00. I was concerned because I never received an email confirmation. By mid December, I still had not received my order and tried twice to call with no luck getting through to customer service. I had entered my number in, when prompted, to receive a call back from the next available representative. I received no callback.

Luckily, I had snapped a screenshot of my order confirmation page while checking out, so on Dec 15 I called again. Unsure if it would work, I tried entering the order confirmation number in the automated prompts to see if I could track my order with that. It did tell me that the order had not yet been shipped. I tried to get through to customer service a few more times to find out why it had not yet been shipped. I received my order a couple days later and it was the wrong item. It was a cheaper smaller Bumblebee transformer. However the packing slip stated Optimus Prime. I once again got on the phone and waited it out, finally getting through.

I explained that I received the wrong order so the representative said they were sending me a shipping Label to return it and going to send out the correct item... Until he discovered it was now unavailable. Which I honestly do not understand how it mysteriously becomes unavailable when it was available when I put it in my cart. And also, why was the order not filled and shipped until Dec. 15?! I explained to the representative that it was the only actual toy that I bought my grandson to open on Christmas Day and asked him if he could check any nearby stores to see if I could get it. There wasn’t. So I suggested I keep the cheaper smaller transformer so that my grandson at least still had that to open and he said “Ok we will just credit you the difference in the price then.” (Wait! What? Uhhh no!)

I then explained again. That I would be keeping the wrong item so my grandson at least had that one to open and I did not want charged for it as this was not my mistake and I still wanted the correct, more expensive transformer sent out to me when available. He agreed that I should not have to send it back and should not be charged for keeping it. He even assured me that I would not be charged. He told me that if it doesn’t become available my money will be refunded in full.

I got back on the phone with Toys R Us. The representative was very short and not friendly at all. I let it slide assuming she and everyone there were probably overwhelmed with calls. I stated the facts only with no snide remarks about how unhappy I was with Toys R Us service. She took care of my nephew's item first. Saying she would send out a new tent. I was concerned that two would be delivered now and I would be charged for another. She didn’t even address that concern just stated again since the other one didn’t arrive she would ship out another. I explained to her that my niece and great nephew were flying out of town that day and would not be there to receive the package now and could she reship it to her mother's house which was where she was flying to. She told me the order couldn’t be altered that way. (Couldn’t or she just wouldn’t?)

I let that slide and didn’t argue with her and hopefully the package is there waiting for her when she returns home and is not stolen by porch pirates. Next, I explained to her how I received an email stating my order would be shipped out to me when it becomes available and it listed the wrong item to be shipped. Then I explained that if the item did not become available that I preferred a rain check instead of a refund.

(Because I was now suspicious this was some sort of scam. To have an item on sale and show it available only for them to delay filling the order for days even weeks so they can now say it’s unavailable so they can refund the money so that when that item does become available after Christmas, it has to be repurchased at the full price instead of the sale price. I also found it suspicious that only after I called to check on the status of my order, was it then filled and sent out, but filled with a smaller cheaper 30.00 transformer not the $55.00 one I was supposed to get for $35.00. Another way to still refund me the sale price for an unavailable item so I would have to repurchase later at full price.)

As the representative read through the notes from my previous call she asked if I sent back the wrong item I received. I explained to her that I was told I could keep that item for my grandson to open Christmas Day and would not be charged for it. She said that it was not stated in the notes and she would have to talk to her supervisor about it and put me on hold for the umpteenth time. When she got back on she said the item was now available and would be shipped right out to me. (Hmmm funny how it’s available now that I asked for a rain check!)

I politely asked her if I was going to be charged for the wrong item I was sent and she raised her voice and rudely snapped at me, “I never said you were gonna be charged!” I asked her why she was being so rude that I only wanted to be certain I wasn’t being charged for it since she stated it was not in the notes. And she repeated that she never said that I would be charged. I explained that she implied that when she said she had to speak to her supervisor and I was just clarifying. She continued to argue and talk over me and I snapped back and asked if this conversation was being recorded. She said it was and I responded that I was surprised she would be so rude to me. I said, “Fine, we have established that I am not to be charged for it and the correct one is being shipped out."

She then moved on to her scripted conversation asking me if there was anything else she could assist me with and I told her "No, if there was anything else I would certainly ask for a different representative", but she cut me off by saying goodbye and hanging up. I will never ever order online from Toys R Us again. I also will not recommend it to anyone. Although I left a rating of one star, Toys R Us does not even deserve that one. There was not an option to leave no stars. The service is lacking with no confirmation emails, (they had my correct email because it’s on the screenshot I took on my order confirmation page while checking out) not filling and shipping items in a timely manner, unable to easily get through to customer service, lack of customer support, also lacking in friendly customer representatives. And honestly a bit shady! This company definitely does not go above and beyond to satisfy their customers.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Kurio 2.0 smartwatchs - I go online to order watches for my three kids. Toys R Us guaranteed they would arrive at my house before Christmas. I paid for expedited shipping to arrive at my house 12-22-2017 for the items to not arrive until 12-26-2017. I guess I was suppose to tell my kids that Santa forgot their watches but hey here they go a day later. I asked to cancel and refund my money and the customer services rep said there was a shipping number so I would have to wait until I got the items then return them to get refund. What a inconvenience and disappointment to my kids. Thanks Toys R Us!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

When returning items with receipts and everything needed to complete a return... This store requires personal ID(s) then scan and store your personal identification in their system and then ask for phone number in order for a customer to complete and successfully return the items. Even if you pay cash and have the receipts and items in the same condition in their original bag completely same condition, this store will not accept return unless they scan your ID in their POS system.

This is not right!!! You cannot asked as a requirement for return - to your customers - personal identification then store it in your system when you are just returning an item and you have receipts and everything to return these items. Their customers were not asked their personal ID's when buying in the store. This is completely an invasion of privacy. I asked the store associate but I did not want to make a scene. She said she is just following the store policy which she pointed to me. I understand the store associate's point. So I just complied. But this is VERY Wrong!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Made a huge order on the 20th for Christmas: a copy of Pokémon Ultra Sun, a Nintendo Switch, a case for the Switch, and three games. Totalled six hundred dollars. Everything goes along just fine, I’m informed that my order will be split up because it’s so big. No big deal. They ship the Pokémon game, give me a tracking number, it’s nicely gift wrapped, we’re all good.

They didn’t give me the tracking number for the Switch shipment. In the email, it lists that Pokémon tracking number as the number for the entire order. Fantastic. $550 worth of stuff just floating around. Navigating their online system is a nightmare because you can’t do a single thing about your order without an account except stare at your list of items and rage. Tomorrow is the estimated delivery date, but with no tracking, no sign of anything at all, and customer support that’s dumber than a bag of tuna salad, I’m far from optimistic. This was supposed to be a gift for my boyfriend. I saved for months because he’s always wanted a Switch. I’m disabled and unable to drive so I had to rely on TRU to do their damned jobs.

I’ll give it another week and if I still don’t see my console I’ll raise hell. I get it’s only been a few days and it’s the holiday season or whatever, but I do NOT appreciate their unprofessional way of handling six hundred dollars worth of merchandise!! If I were able to cancel my order, I’d go through Amazon instead. I ordered through TRU because I grew up with them and was sad to hear that they may soon be no longer. But now I could not possibly care less.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

We looked high and low for the perfect bike for our 9 year old daughter. Then we "thought" we found it. Good price, perfect color etc. So we ordered it offline. It came in a reasonable amount of time. HOWEVER, the box was beat you heck, and the front fork was so bent it was not fixable. So we did some research in online and found out that many others had this same issue with the same bike. Not to mention other issues. It was tricky trying to explain to our daughter through a note from Santa that her bike that she wanted was broken in transport. Now we have to take it back to a store that's about an hour or more from us and get our money back. I can assure you we will not take an exchange after all the horror stories we have read. I don't know what's happened to this store but it surely has gone downhill tremendously. Buy your bikes elsewhere!!!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I ordered the Disney Cars 3 Service Station item on 12/8 to be shipped to a relative for Christmas. My customer service experience has been awful. I have called twice and was told by Customer Service that it will be cancelled and I would be refunded. It is now Christmas and the order is still not cancelled! I should have been contacted if my order would not be shipped. I am not happy.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I had to call about missing 3 items on Thursday Dec 21st. Customer Service girl very helpful. She did make it possible to pick one item up in store. She did create a reshipment order for the other 2 items. But she guaranteed me order would ship and be at my home by December 23rd. Well today is December 24th no items. I have spoken to two Customer Service people. One hung up on me, the 2nd was unconcerned and tried to tell me I had received an email about one of the items being shipped on Tuesday. Then I have talked to 2 more by chat to be dropped without an answer to my question about the 2nd item that is out of stock. Has been since I called on Thursday. No email to inform me so I could at least try and find it elsewhere. There is no number for complaints other than the Customer Service number.

I still do not have an answer on the 2nd item. Am I getting it when it’s available, am I getting my money back, when it will be restocked, or if this item will just be canceled without notification and be out of pocket for $50.00 and no explanation for my 4 year old granddaughter why Santa Claus didn’t leave it for her. My husband got mad on the chat and said the D word and we were dropped for inappropriate behavior. We buy in store all the time. So this year for Christmas I decided to do everything I could online. Big Big mistake with Toys R Us!!!! They are rude, unconcerned about their customers, very unsympathetic towards them as well that in my words reflect they could care less because it wasn’t their child this impacted.

I understand the meaning of Christmas, I’m An adult, but my 4 yr old granddaughter is only gonna understand is Santa Claus didn’t leave that item she told him about and all she talks about. SHAME ON YOU TOYS R US!!!! I hope someone from Corporate sees all these comments because we all deserve better in all aspect of your business from top to bottom. Don’t compensate us adults but go the extra mile for our children that your company disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I ordered the 14th of December 13 items for Christmas. They take the money out of my PayPal. 4 calls and hung up on every time. Here we are Dec. 21. No info no package confirmation just another company scamming people online. Thank Toys R Us for ruining Christmas for us too???

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I order over ten thousand dollars of merchandise from toys r us.com and babies r us.com. I have been a very good customer to them over the years. But this year they have been a company that don't deserve my business. I ordered some Christmas present for my son on Friday night December 15, 2017. Toys R Us used Leadership to ship my items and they were stolen by Leadership employees. I called Toys R Us for replacement of my items and they created a label for the items for FedEx but failed to contact FedEx to pick up the shipment. Toys R Us are purposely ** around for two days then contact FedEx to pick up a shipment so that it gets delayed and won't be delivered by Christmas. That's why the 360 Group brought back F.A.O Schwarz and they have been forced to closed most of their flagship stores. Unfortunately I have been a victim in their demise as a family friendly toy store.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I purchased a paw patrol power wheel and paw patrol table. I didn’t see an option to expedite the package so I didn’t choose it. I call Toys R Us customer service to either pay the difference to expedite the package. I was informed I couldn’t do neither. I would have to wait til after Christmas for my packages. I will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Ok let me start off first by saying I'm pissed. Toys R Us just ruined my kids Christmas. I place an order on the 4 December. The item arrives 3 days later. Wrong package. So to make an long story short after 5 customer service calls with hold times an hour each and two weeks later. I was told my item no longer in stock and yeah by the way we're not going to refund you until we get the package mail back and on top this they offer me 25.00 dollars off my next online purchase so I use it two days ago. Tell me why just now I receive an email saying my items out of stock although it was in stock online. Now I'm subject to the scraper prices in the store. Thanks a lot Toys R Us. You all you guys deserve to be fired. I'M SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT SUING YOU GUYS FOR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. My experience your rating doesn't even deserve a star.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I placed a order on the 15th of this month to then find out my package has been lost, I've been waiting several days to receive an update with a follow up for my lost package, you can't even speak to a live person. Been on the phone for over 30 minutes on hold saying, "Someone will be with you shortly." Never again will I order from here.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

In the beginning of November 2017 I ordered the Fisher Price smart toy bear and monkey on sale for $20 each. I get the bear but the monkey is delayed. When I finally get the monkey the box it was delivered in was in perfect condition yet the actual toy and box were torn and ripped so badly I could not gift it to my child that way. I called customer service and was told to return item and I would get a replacement. A week passes no monkey, no email and no calls. I call and they don’t know what happened so they reorder. Another week passed and I get an email saying my order was canceled. I call and they don’t know what happened. They reorder again. I call two days later to check status because they did not email confirmation. They don’t know anything and my call gets disconnected. I call back. Again representative doesn’t know anything and puts me on hold and call gets disconnected.

I call back and representative apologized and told me I’d get the monkey and for free for all my troubles. Order was submitted. I get an email confirming. Next day my order has been canceled. I call and am told it’s out of stock?!! Seriously now all of a sudden it’s out of stock so I am enraged. I ask to speak to a manager and my call gets disconnected, shocker! I call back asking for a manager and representative insist she can help, I have to keep asking for a manager until she finally gets me one. Manager has very heavy accent and doesn’t know what the hell she's doing. She can’t help me so I hang up.

I call again the next day and I plead with the representative to help me get the damn monkey my autistic child has been wanting. I was informed a manager would contact me within 24 hours. I wait two days and call back asking for a manager, and again I am informed a manager will get back to me within 24 hours. This was 3 days ago. Today is December 18, 2017. All I wanted was to get what I ordered in gifting condition. Now my one son has a bear for Christmas and my other son doesn’t get his monkey. It’s wrong! They don’t care and that pisses me off the most.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Placed an order on 12/7 and here we are on 12/17 and still no order received. There's inconsistencies because I got an e-mail from you guys saying the ordered was placed but FedEx says label created but not in travel mode yet. And as always hiding behind phones and keyboards. There’s nowhere to call because you get the automated system that says the same thing the website says. Get back to the old way and have real people answer the phones, track your order and give you some real information. This is my first time ordering online for Christmas. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Long story short, I ordered a gift for my niece first week of November. Surprised to find out order was canceled after a week. Had to call Toys R Us to find out reason for cancellation - product NOT IN STOCK. Called & reordered item again so niece can have her gift. Representative inputted WRONG ADDRESS for shipment. Company had no means to rectify address the same day and told ME TO CALL BACK in 2 days once shipment was prepared and shipment was shipped out so they could correct address right then and there.

Told them had scheduled C-section around that time frame and may not be able to call. Still called anyways same day of delivery. Was told cannot change address. After about 10 phone calls and promises to help, received an email stating order refunded. Called Toys R Us again and basically told WE CANNOT HELP YOU, YOU GOT YOUR REFUND. WE WON'T SHIP YOUR ORDER. Contacts Toys R Us via Facebook to complain, and even then company was not willing to help. Never shopping with this company ever again. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

On Black Friday I placed an order for my kids, all of which was in stock at the time. All items arrived except for one. Now 3 weeks later, 9 days before Christmas I find out (by calling myself because the tracking information repeatedly states ‘awaiting package’) that the item wasn’t sent because it’s no longer in stock. The item that was in stock when I purchased it. Why would a purchase go thru if said item is no longer available?? I am beyond upset, furious, angry and disgusted with the service Toys R Us has provided this holiday season including sending multiple shipments for one order. This item was number 1 on my daughter's list and now I won’t be able to see the joy in her eyes opening it on Christmas morning. Thank you for ruining Christmas Toys R Us.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My initial issue was that I only received two out of six items ordered from Toys 'R Us online. The greater issue quickly became the customer service fiasco that included being on hold over 10 minutes after a person was "helping me," having someone take me off hold in a language I don't speak, being hung up on by their system, and not getting a call back or email response to my submissions. Their tracking information is also inconsistent - some of the info they gave me says they shipped the boxes on a date later than it says they were "delivered."

I call their customer service line and opted for the "call me back" feature since it said they had unusually long hold times. Got a call back about a half-hour later. The representative seemed nice but wasn't paying attention, asking "what is the issue with the delivery address" after I explained one box arrived and two didn't; there wasn't anything wrong with the address. I explained again and she said something that made no sense to me about their system sometimes showing things as having been "delivered" if they were on "backorder." That sounds odd, and it's certainly not something they should say to a customer. Maybe that explains why the shipping and delivery dates were contradictory.

Then the customer service representative asked to put me on hold again, gave me a heads-up it would be a few minutes, I said no problem, and then I was on hold for over 10 minutes. This is where it gets good: Another person eventually took me back off hold and answered in Spanish. Realizing I didn't speak Spanish, this second person was able to tell me in English that she was part of a warranty department not even within Toys 'R Us and offered to transfer me back. I ended up back where I started, being told there were unusually long wait times and I could opt in for a call back. I tried to do that and the system told me it had me in the queue and would be calling me back. An hour later, still no call back. I tried to call again and get to a person but there is no way to do it. Hitting "0" or not pressing any buttons leads to the system eventually just hanging up on you. I never got that call back I was supposedly in queue for.

I found the Toys 'R Us online customer service form and filled that out with all the requested details. The confirmation message said I should hear back within 24 hours. It's been almost two days and still nothing. I tried calling again a few minutes ago, from a different phone, and am back in the queue for them to call me back after their "unusually long hold time." At this point I just want a refund for the items I never received and to never deal with Toys 'R Us again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

This company does not deserve even a one star rating!! Customer service is terrible. They messed up my online order (charged me for it right away) that I placed on the 27th of November and as of today, the 13th of December, they havent even begun to rectify the situation! I have not received my order. Their email says it shipped on December 3rd but tracking info in same email days it was delivered the day before, on December 2nd. How is that possible?!! I've called and messaged but to no avail. Last time I called they told me that they had to talk to the carrier (FedEx) even though THEIR email said it was to be delivered by USPS. Keep on getting the run around from these people! Buyer beware- do not take a chance with your hard earned money by ordering with Toys R Us!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

If I can give the Toys R Us website NO stars, I would. I ordered a product on the 7th of December and it still has not been shipped. I then looked up reviews based on the Toys R Us website and most reviews were bad. Most of which were the same problem I'm having, which is non-shipment of the item. I have contacted Toys R Us and have yet to hear back. This is a huge Christmas present for my son and I don't think I'll be receive it in time. Needless to say, this will be my last purchase from the website.

Toys R Us Company Information

www.toysrus.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use