Toys R Us

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Please bear with me. I ordered 3 high-value toys (of which will never be sold for a while again) that were confirmed for in-store pickup the day before they went on the shelves. On release day, the store sold them all (essentially oversold via malfunctions on their website where I ordered). This left me stuck with 3 orders that I could cancel, but clearly were in purgatory because the item was already sold out everywhere. I essentially had time to buy from other retailers, but Toys R Us kept my online, in-store orders open when they had already sold them. After about 5 calls to Customer Service hotline and speaking with numerous supervisors, all Toys R Us could do was apologize for their mistake but that they'd have to cancel the order. This is not right nor correct considering these were the hottest toys of the holiday season.

Furthermore, it took begging to get anything more a simple sorry, a $25 "appeasement" credit was given to me in form of a promo code as a sorry because the orders would eventually get canceled, but 3 weeks later. On 12/1, I used that credit to purchase a $29.99 toy especially (considering all orders get free shipping for $19.99) and used my $25 appeasement promo code. It worked, but somehow despite the final order screen saying "Free Shipping" on my order, the final total cost did NOT reflect that. Since the order went through, I immediately contacted TRU customer support over email to let them know they owed me free shipping for what was such a clear mistake. From here it gets unlawful.

I called 2 different reps who mentioned that the only option would be for them to return my package and that there was nothing they could do about the shipping charge I receive despite the website clearly not indicating why my order wasn't eligible and was charged instead. Returning my package meant also losing my $25 credit and a supervisor named WHITNEY would not resolve the issue, clearly acting disinterested in helping me while at fault.

Do not believe on Toys R US, they takes the order and after 7 days you will get email that the order is not available due to unavailability. If the item is not available why they are taking order. Please do not place any order in Toys R Us.

2 years ago I had an issue with Toys R Us in store Greece, NY. I arrived for an iPod special on Black Friday, I was 3rd in line. The clerk who helped us said there were none in stock. The lady behind me told the clerk..."I was here last night at midnight asking about them...'you told me you couldn't sell them until today.' How did they sell out when we are first inline???" He says he didn't know, but the manager was not in the store until another hour... so there was nothing he could do, we waited 1 hour until the manager arrived, but it was like more like 2 hours. The manager said there was nothing he could do, NOT even give us a rain check, NOT even give us a discount off of a more expensive iPod. NOTHING at all he could do for our inconvenience! So that was a waste of 2 hours!!! So I called Consumer Affairs and they directed me to call the store back. CONSUMER AFFAIRS WAS NO HELP AND DIDN'T CARE!

So I called the store, got the Manager Cole, he was really nice, but didn't offer to give a rain check or discount. He said "in the future if you need anything please contact me." Really!!! Ok... now 2016. I don't know why but I decided to try again. I order gifts for Christmas, Santa gifts. The items come on my porch in the box WITH THE PICTURE ON IT. My boys saw the packages!!! The packages were left on my porch UNCOVERED FOR MY BOYS TO SEE!!! SERIOUSLY that is awful... and I was sick and had to explain something to them!!! THANKS FOR ruining their gifts!!! needless to say this time I PROMISE I will not be shopping in store or online at Toys R Us!!! I have been a customer service representative for 20 years and would never give this awful service!

I opted to order online this Christmas from Toys R Us. Huge mistake! First present delivered on a rainy day in a clear garbage bag in regular packaging so you could clearly know what was in the box. Second package (a bike) arrived in a cardboard box with two large stickers of a bike on it. Thanks for ruining our Christmas, Toys R Us. My kids know exactly what they are getting. I'll order from Walmart next year. It's less expensive, anyway.

I had a choice for free shipping or in-store pickup 5-7 days. When we went to store they told my daughter it may be weeks before they get the items, go home and wait for the email. Website indicated ready for pickup. I WILL NEVER USE IN-STORE PICKUP AT TOYS “R” US AGAIN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

I have a 5 year old daughter who is autistic and she collects Paw Patrol items. So I always beat the Xmas rush to order very specific items for her well in advance as I don't have time to sit in front of stores night after night waiting to obtain these items. I ordered a 9" Paw Patrol Tracker plush and took advantage of a gift card and free shipping on or around Nov. 4, 2016. I was told it was in stock and would arrive by the 11th of November. As of the 17th still no package. I called Fed Ex and they said they had a shipping label but never received the item from Toys R Us. I then called Toys R Us again and they had no explanation. Now the item is out of stock and unobtainable. They only reimbursed the gift card for $10. Now if I get this item I'll be paying at least $50? on "the black market" which I certainly CAN'T AFFORD.

My daughter is obsessed with patterns and sequence and now there is a character missing from that sequence. I can't begin to describe how difficult this can be for the parent of an autistic child with this particular problem. We are on a super tight budget this year. I was proactive. And STILL can't come through with the one and only thing she requested for Xmas. A $10 toy!!!!! I will never use Toys R Us online services again. They were kind and understanding but still, I feel they could've done more to keep my business. I could've bought this item back then for $15 on Amazon and now it's not available there either. In the future I won't make this mistake again. I am a mother of 6 and the youngest 2 of these children are autistic. I don't have time for this kind of thing.

I recently purchased toys for xmas and was told I would receive 25% discount on the purchase. I did not receive this due to unreliable information about the credit card. Do not believe what this store tells you about discounts... they tell you one thing and do another once they have your money.

Talked to a manager regarding their website and she was very unhelpful and got very upset with me for asking questions about why their website said the item I wanted was available and she was saying it wasn't. She made me feel degraded and disrespected. I will not be spending my money here ever again! The worst customer service I have ever experienced!!

If I could give them less than a 1 I would. I spent about 4 hours trying to place an order to be shipped. It kept saying my card exp. was incorrect. It wasn't. I did this 3 or 4 times. Then called. Their computers were down. Tried again the next day. Same thing. Then called again, she couldn't get it to work either. Then today, it shows up on my visa card. Called them but said they couldn't do anything about it because they didn't have my name??? How did you use my credit card? I never was emailed a confirmation number or anything. Told it was a me problem and not a them problem.

I'm going to dispute the charges but now my niece will not get her present on time. When I asked for the woman's name I was talking with, she gave me her name, I then asked for her last name, not allowed she said, I then asked for employee number, not allowed again, then I asked for the store she worked, not allowed, then she said she could give me the reference number. Really??? I to ask that many questions to get some kind of ID number. Unbelievable. Do not trust this store with your credit card. Below it says to put your order number in, but I can't because I NEVER GOT AN ORDER NUMBER FOR EITHER CHARGE.

I ordered something online and was charged for it. I go back to order another product and no product info is even available. Then the order was canceled with no option to wait. If we are giving our time and dollars to process an order. We should have options and in no case should a store sell a product they do not have. There are more effective ways to go about this than to have people waste their time putting in an order and being charged if the item buying is not even in stock. And no option for waiting for it.

I stopped by my local Toys R Us/Babies R Us store in Southcenter (WA). I knew exactly what I needed. I had 6 items in my cart for 2 different kids birthdays that were happening later on that day. The store was insanely PACKED!! The lines to check out were crazy long. I thought I picked the fastest line considering it had the least amount of people but boy was I wrong. The girl working the register was obviously new and kept making mistakes which required her to need a manager. I stood in line for 30mins. When I finally made it up to the front I told the girl right away that I needed gift receipts for everything. She said okay and then asked me for my rewards number. I gave it to her and then watched as she took her sweet time to slowly ring up and bag my items.

She then handed me my bag and said "okay have a nice day!". I held out my hand and asked about my receipt. She then said "Oh it will be emailed to you". Then I said "But what about my gift receipts??" Her eyes got super big and she stood there staring at her register. Then instead of apologizing she told me it was my fault because I gave her my rewards number and that automatically sends the receipt to my email address. I knew that it really wasn't my fault. She forgot to push the button on her register for the gift receipt. She then tried to ignore me and started to ring up the next customer. I was not going to let her off that easy!! I was going to make her admit that this was all HER fault and that instead of apologizing and fixing the problem she blamed it on me. And that is exactly what she did!! Her name is Jamie and she is a short ** girl with brown hair. I hope she gets fired.

I went into the Toys R Us Brockton MA store on 10/8/16 to purchase the Little Tikes Hide & Seek Climber. I had researched their Price Match Guarantee as I had a gift card to use. I brought up the Amazon price and the CSR stated b/c the item was not shipped & sold by Amazon they could not match. Fine, I found the item even cheaper at Kmart and he told me they did not price match Kmart. I left the store w/o purchasing the item. I checked their website that night and their policy states they do price match Kmart.

I called 800-869-7787 and talked to a rep over the phone and sent her the Kmart link. She said b/c it was a sale item they could not price match but they offered me a 20% discount which is still more than the advertised Kmart price. Nowhere in the policy does it state that it has to be regular priced. The policy states that it has to be an approved competitor with an advertised price. Toys R Us has advertised this price match guarantee but does anything they can to avoid honoring that advertisement, false advertising! Will never spend another dime in this store.

I visited the Bunker Hill Shopping Center, 9730 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024 location of Toys R Us at about 2:15 - 2:30 on Sunday, September 29, 2016. Upon my arrival, there were two actual registers open with one register opened without lights on, an indication that it was a "Courtesy Register." There were customers in lines well into the main aisle and they were starting to curve around kiosks and into the actual store. The customer service station was empty and the staff behind the counter was happily chatting. I went shopping with my children only to find vomit in the board game aisle. I went to register 5, which was the "courtesy register" to inform him of the vomit and the individual barely acknowledged my information and didn't call customer service or a manager.

I went to customer service and informed them, upon which point the staff openly discussed whose job it would be to clean up the vomit. Vomit has been in the game board aisle for 10 minutes at this point. I don't need to say that this is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I did my shopping and returned to the registers, there was still a gross underuse of registers open and staff availability. I went to the "courtesy register", register 5 and was informed through another customer (the staff member didn't tell me himself) that he was closed. I left. Will not be returning and found the customer service, cleanliness of the store, and general lack of attention to either appalling. I will also be putting this on facebook and sending a direct letter to Toys R Us Corporate.

I made six separate different orders and all six have been cancelled for no reason. I have used different credit cards thinking that's the issue but to no avail. This store has the worst service in the world and is absolutely a disaster. Anyone reading this please save yourself aggravating and DO NOT BUY HERE.

I will never shop at Toys R Us ever again! I purchased a bike online from their website. The bike arrived promptly but in the worst condition. The box was torn and the bike had a flat tire with the rim bent. It is a huffy bike and in the packaging it states to contact huffy directly for parts and such. I did so and it took THEM a month to send a tube. On the shipping receipt, it states that Toys R Us doesn't accept returns after 30 days and without original packaging. Two months later, still can't ride the bike because of the brakes that don't work, and bent rim rubs against the fender. I'm completely frustrated because two months from the original date of purchase, there have been nothing but problems with this bike.

Then, when I contacted Toys R Us via their chat, the representative was no help at all. She first stated that they have a 90 day return policy but that some of their stores may not take the merchandise back without original packaging. I asked what store could I take it back to with the receipt and paperwork, she stated I could go to ANY of their stores. Well that contradicts what she originally stated. I WILL NO LONGER GIVE TOYS R US OR HUFFY FOR THAT MATTER MY BUSINESS!!!

This store should be out of business!!! I would rather shop at a smaller neighborhood toy store where I can get much better service. My in store pickup order was a disaster. Each and every time I inquired about the status of the second item I purchased I had several different employees telling me different stories as to when the item would arrive at the store for pick up. At one point they weren't even sure where it was. Finally when I was able to pick up the second item from the store, they emailed me a few days later to tell me that I will lose the order if I don't pick it up within the next five days. At this point my order was finally fulfilled so why are they telling me I will lose the order if I don't pick it up?? Do they not mark it down as picked up by the purchaser???

So now on to the "wish list" issue I had. Many of the items I ordered and received on the wish list for my granddaughter were never marked down as "purchased". This happened even after I saw that the item was "available" to purchase. Oh yes and I did an online help chat to ask to have the item marked as "purchased". I was told it was taken off the wish list. Shocker...it is still marked as "available"!!! I will bet that my granddaughter will receive many duplicate gifts at her first birthday party as I am sure the other people ordering off her wish list never had their purchased items removed. This sad excuse of a store doesn't even deserve ONE star but there is no option to check off zero stars!!! Absolutely horrible!!!

I am from Brazil and my sister in law was in New York for a couple days in the beginning of this month. As my daughter birthday is coming I ordered a doll on Toy r us website on August 07th, 2016. I have not received any confirmation about this order and it is not in my order history. So next day (august 8th) I decided to buy it again, chose a different type of delivery (a fast one) because my sister in law was going to stay in New York just a few day more. Including today when I check my order history and there is just one order, however in my credit card there are 2 charges. I want my money back.

Called the phone center to confirm stock of a toy for my daughter's birthday (sew cool). They confirmed stock at the Vaudreuil location. Picked up the item at a cost of 30 dollars in fuel to find that when I got home they had given me the wrong item. After being denied a few times via customer service and a few excuses about whose fault the mix-up was the manager of the store agreed to an accessory item to make the toy complete. An hour later the toy was broken so I guess that didn't matter anyway. The manufacturer offered to replace the toy with another item since this was discontinued. Please realise that all I wanted was my money back. But at a 30 dollar fuel cost it didn't really make sense.

In the end I paid 95 for the 29.99 replacement and they wouldn't even return the extended warranty I purchased. Since I again had to make the 30 dollar trip to the store the warranty will go unreturned as well. This is the second time Toys R Us has burned me including a missed Christmas shipment of about $500 forcing me to make up some Santa Claus was delayed story. They guaranteed a delivery date then conveniently ignored the requests to return money. They have never offered a penny or lifted so much as a finger to compensate me even after multiple requests. Toys R Us is off my list and I suggest the same for any reading.

So I recently placed an order online with a gift card then I received a confirmation and everything for the order thinking I should be receiving a shipping confirmation soon. Later on, I rather received an email from Toys R Us that my order was cancelled with no reason stated. So I called and spoke with one of the customer services representative and a supervisor and I had the worst experience EVER.

After waiting time with these two people on the phone, they told me that the gift card cannot be use to purchase the time and they can not refund my gift balance either until about 5 business days. Really, the item I ordered was something I needed right away and I even explained to the supervisor thinking they will consider my situation and the fact that we shop at Toys R Us a lot. I usually don't bother to write reviews but I decided to write this to warn other customers. The only reason why I might still shop there again is because I still have their gift card but I will NEVER EVER spend my money at that store again. They really need to fix things there. Also their prices are always super expensive compare to other baby stores.

An item is pre-ordered back in June has not shipped when the release is upcoming. When I inquired about the item the agent gave me no window in when to expect it. They told me in the system it says backordered. If that is the case then why online when I ordered in June didn't it say backordered? Would of bought this somewhere else with no headache if I didn't have a stack of gift cards for this place. I use to always come here as a kid and it was a good experience. Looks like these days the business has gone under and the people who work for the company are no good like the company itself.

I purchased a gift for a friend's baby shower on Sunday morning right after midnight. We realized that the order was sent to the billing address and not to my friend's house. After realizing the mistake Sunday morning at 11:00 AM we reached out to Toys R Us thinking since the item has not been shipped they will be able to change the shipping information. To my surprise, apparently once an order is placed they cannot change the shipping information or any information whatsoever which is quite inconvenient for the consumer.

They then gave me the option to create a cancellation to the order. Once I told them to process the cancellation the sales associate told me he cannot guarantee the cancellation and they will send me an email with the results. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and honestly a waste of my time. Hopefully Amazon will carry more products than Toys R Us and becomes more child friendly with its searches. This way I can stop giving Toys R Us my business.

Well my experience with customer service was horrible. Like a month I chat with one of their customer service rep about a tablet that I bought a few month ago for my 5 year daughter. They told me that they was going to send me a new tablet. Been waiting. Finally today I chat again on their website. This customer rep said that was unable to do anything since I bought the tablet on 02/23/16 and their policy is within 15 days of buying it I can return it (15 days). After a month and a half the tablet stop working, was not turning on. But that's their policy. Only 15 days to return an item.

The dictionary defines customer service as the following: CUSTOMER SERVICE, noun, the assistance and advice provided by a company to those people who buy or use its products or services. When I placed my order with Toys “R” Us I put in the wrong address by 1 number, the items I ordered for a gift got shipped to what is a "plot of land with no structure on it". When I contacted Toy “R” US to find the package their response was it was delivered. When I said it did not get delivered to the right place Andrea ** on "LiveChat" said there was nothing they could do, that I needed to call the shipper who is FedEx. Now I got a gentleman on the line from FedEx who said that Toys “R” Us needs to contact them to make the change in the address on my behalf. I explained that Toys “R” Us had already washed their hands of my issue and I could not get a refund or help. He said unless they call he could not ship the items to the right address.

Why won't you Toys “R” Us help me get my gift to the correct address. Why has your company ignored my request yet you took my money. They (FedEx) too said they could not help me. So I ask how is this customer services? I was not only NOT assisted but I was pretty much told to go away due to my error. Now I am out $36.00, no gift for my grandson, no help from Toys “R” Us or FedEx and me writing on a complaint board about the bad "first time"(possibly last time) experience I had with Toys “R” Us and their online website. The complaints about this company are terrible. The online chat customer service reps are heartless people who don't actually care that people make mistakes or the brand they represent. There was no effort to help me only to brush me off and make me go away so they could disappoint the next poor soul who contacts them. I just want to get a birthday gift to my grandson, shipped to the right address.

I want to be treated with respect and to know that although the mistake was mine that something "anything" would be done to help me. I work in retail and every day I make sure that our customers are taken care of. Even if I can’t do it I find someone that can. Negative reviews, word of mouth experiences that spread across the internet like a virus hurt companies.

Your company has failed me as a customer and made me feel that my hard earn money and my time was worthless to you. A resolution to this problem is to allow me to reship the times you took money for to the correct address or give me my money back so I can go to a different toy company that cares. I use to love your company but after this experience I am shaking my head and wondering when did you stop caring about the people you need to keep your business open and running?? I am saddened by the experience and attitude of your online staff. They lack the experience to be compassionate or caring.

They are truly a money suckers and knows when to hike price. I saw a bicycle for 69 on Sunday and same bike was now 99.99 on Wednesday. Many other bicycle was price hiked. Summer is on so people will try buying cycle so the price hike was on, worst strategy and they will lose customers bcoz of this.

When I became pregnant a good friend of mine referred me to Toys R Us due to their 10% back policy and their overall product. She does business with a Babies R Us in Southern NH while I chose the Toys R Us which is also Babies R us in Concord NH. I only signed up with the registry due to the 10% back given on every purchased item on your registry. However, we had a lot of problems early on. Items I had bought myself were not showing as bought. I was reassured after calling that it must be a glitch on my side of things because it showed on their end what has been purchased.

Well, guess what? I was right. We received our shift card. 16.47 was the amount. How could this be? My girlfriend purchased our crib off our registry at 399.00. We bought our stroller and car seat which was 249.99 both items on our registry! That alone is close to 650.00 dollars. The fact that it's not uncommon is more frustrating. Where there are so many other places to go for both quality and savings I will not recommend this registry option to my friends. I still am waiting for a phone call back.

It's been 3 weeks since I complained that my online gift card shows 0 balance. It's a 100$ gift card received 2 years ago. Looks like the online gift cards from Toys R Us are risky to keep unused for a long time. If you own a gift card, make sure that you check the balance in it every few months.

I ordered the Candylicious Edible Bubbles Machine Refill Pack assuming it was the machine and refill pack. It was priced on Amazon (sold by Toys R Us through Amazon) for $21.12 and it was advertised on their own website and in their store for $12.99 for the machine and $6.99 for the refill pack. What I got was just the refill pack. My daughter opened it while I assumed they were sending the machine. When the machine didn't arrive, I called and they said it was $21.12 for the refill pack - 3X the regular cost. They said I could return it at my expense if it was unopened. No refund - I'm out $21.12 for a $6.99 item. VERY unsatisfied.

I want to keep this brief because I've been writing and talking about it a lot already. I was at Toys R Us with my two kids and their dad in Lex, KY on my son's birthday to pick up a train before we took the kids to celebrate. I put my purse in the cart with my two-year-old and his dad and during the visit I took my 5-yr-old across the store to the bathroom and kept my purse in the cart. On the way back across the store I grabbed the large train set we were there to buy and was lugging it down the aisle when I ran into my kids' dad and asked where the cart was. He was like "oh no I left it over by the bikes" but when we went over there it was nowhere to be found. I alerted an employee and got the manager involved and searched everywhere including outside but found nothing. I called the police and was leaving my contact information and at this point the store was closed and we could no longer go out for my 2-year-old b-day because of the time.

Before I finished writing my contact info they said it was found. Where? In the back store room by the trash shoot under a bunch of trash bags still in the cart. The manager brought it up front and asked me to look through it to see if anything was missing. Sure enough, the 200$ I had in my wallet was gone. I was told to call the next day to contact the GM but it took me almost a week to actually reach her. She told me she took statements and viewed the footage but she did not know what to do from this point on because the employees said they didn't do it. I was totally shocked. My purse was put there by an employee and she knows someone working there stole from me and won't take it any further than just asking and getting statements.

The camera system is so bad there that she couldn't even find me or the other three people with me until the end when we were by the registers. I contacted customer service and am waiting to hear from the DM. It is crazy how such a large retailer is handling such a serious matter. I am looking forward to a resolution to this, and hope they will be held accountable for their negligence.

This related to the store in Chenal Pkwy in Little Rock. Very frustrated with their employee, the cashier and the manager both unprofessional. The manager even turned her back and walked away while I was talking to her!!! Never seen something like this. They had a 20% discount on item and after my son liked it and carried it to the checkout they said it was a wrong sign. Few months ago, my kids were excited about new toys and the store wouldn't check out because they had NO INTERNET!!! THINK 10 TIMES BEFORE YOU GO THERE.

I wanted to take advantage of a sale that was "Shipping Only". I understand that their promotion is "Free Shipping" on everything when you spend $49.00" So I did more shopping and with all the combined items in my cart the total was now $54.00 but my shipping cost was now a total of $32.00 when I expected to receive free shipping. Listed underneath the $32.00 shipping was a discount of $20.00 that was applied to my shipping. Now I had to pay $12.00 for shipping even after qualifying for free shipping. The items I had in my cart were 2 packs of baby hangers, a vehicle headrest mirror and a onesie. Nothing like a bike or anything big.

I called Toys R Us and asked if they could help me. I explained that I live 2 1/2 hours away from the closest store therefore I couldn't pick it up in stores even if that option was available. Typically "Shipping" is nice when you live far from the store. I was able to speak to a floor manager and he said he couldn't help me waive the shipping. I also explained to him that I would be saving $10 on the sale item that I wanted to purchase and if he couldn't waive the shipping fee it would mean that technically I'm not saving $10 since shipping is $11. I told him I wouldn't be purchasing the items and he went on to tell me that he still couldn't help me.

My due date is in September, both my fiance and I's families lives 38 hours away. So given what I just went through I'm assuming they would have to pay outrageous shipping fees on Toys R Us. Typically if you have a baby registry, especially with Toys R Us, it should be easy for family and friends to help out. I strongly believe Toys R Us needs to start looking at different shipping options. They have lost my business, as well as my friends and family. I have made a new baby registry elsewhere. I'm very disappointed and I would not recommend them to expecting mothers.

Toys R Us Company Profile