1.03/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1119 Toys R Us Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I'm due to have our 4th bundle of joy October 17, 2018. When we found out we were pregnant again my husband and I decided to do some baby shopping at Toys R Us (even though it was way early in the pregnancy) because they were going out of business and we wanted to take advantage of the deals. Fast forward to today when I decided it was time to start washing and getting ready for baby's arrival. I wanted to see my beautiful car seat I am bringing my bundle of joy home in and get the cover washed. I opened the SEALED box to find NO CAR SEAT and NO STROLLER but instead a bunch of toys (mostly dolls, barbies).

I'm freaking out now because I have about 4 weeks left and now have to come up with more money to buy a car seat!! To make matters worse there is nowhere to call/email to get this problem resolved. The phone number is disconnected and email goes nowhere. I'm absolutely devastated. Now I can understand why/how they went out of business. I don't even know what to do or where to begin.

Original review: July 2, 2018

$48.00! Intentional Rip-off! Or Un-intented donation? Went to Toys R Us on Saturday June 16, 2018 in Dallas, Tx off Central Expressway to get what was left of the close out. I purchased a birthday gift to a party I was attending the same day along with three other items for my daughter and her cousins. Each item were no less than 13.99. Each were to the effect of a selfie-stick and Karaoke microphone. To my amazement ALL toys/microphone and selfie-stick DID NOT WORK! And/or are missing pieces. I don’t even know if the gift I purchased was in good standing for the other children. I spent a total of $156.10 that day. Didn’t seem much of a price cut as the items I purchased only had a 10-20% supposedly discount. I tried the customer service number to no avail. What now!? Can’t believe Toys R Us can repay its patrons like such!

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 22, 2018

I am a new grandparent and purchased a Fisher Price space caving high chair as a gift for my grandchild. Once he was 4 months old I opened box to chair together and realized it was not suitable. I took item in the original box and receipt to store and was advised no return is possible as it is after 45 days. Please be aware if you purchase shower baby presents for babies to use in future the store will not return the item or provide exchange or store credit after 45 days. The store I went to was in London, Ontario at Argyle Mall.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I ordered the Big Backyard - Ashberry II Swing Set in March and it is not received yet. Contacted the customer service many times by phone or email and the answer is that the item is with shipping company Cornerstone. I asked for the phone number of Cornerstone but no one wants to give it to me. I don't know what I can do. They took my money but I am fighting to get what I paid for. The worst customer service ever.

Original review: May 20, 2018

So I never write these review but read them. They provide important insights for customer's experience so I don't repeat horror. So I writing my review because I recently added a new little person to my family and was given a gift of $100 as a gift. The issue is the gift card is for Toys R Us and Babies R Us and they have refused to take their money. They didn't give any notice either for using gift card before deciding to cheat vulnerable people out their money. Instead one day I showed up to the store. They had a sign posted that were no longer accepting their gift card and wanted more of your money for things they already got pay for.

I was saving the money to buy a bigger car seat for my little person but was researching first. Just because I am a first time mom. I had gone in the store before and looked around and saw many items I could purchase but decided I would be patient and do my due diligence to just make sure my purchase would be satisfying and safe for my little people. However, I won't know what that feels like to use my money because this company has stole the money. Someone should step in and do something since they have goods that we have already paid for but they want consumers to pay twice. This is shady, and evil and maybe that is the real reason for their failure. How can they even get away with this? Corporate greed is horrible. Wish they had a zero rating score I could have used, I am so disgusted by them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toys R Us?

Original review: May 4, 2018

I bought a $400 Power Wheels 20 percent off from Toys R Us. When I opened the box I found the Power Wheels had been used and returned. It is badly scuffed up and dirty with missing parts. I called Toys R Us twice and was told there was nothing they could do, not even swap it out for a new one. I understand the company is bankrupt but now I am out $350 because if it. Totally unfair to the consumer.

Original review: April 23, 2018

This is such bs! I had no idea they would stop accepting gift cards after April 21st or I would have used mine. I had $100 that we were saving to spend on my son's bigger car seat and now I find out I missed the cut off date. Now I have to throw $100 into the trash?!?

Original review: April 22, 2018

First of all, I did not know that 4/21/2018 was the last day to use my gift card until yesterday evening. I wanted to order a Nintendo product through online by using My Gift Card but the website was already shut down and I could not order anything. Today, 4/22/2018, I went to the local store to use my gift card, but I could not use it. I have saved the gift card over a year, $275, to buy a Nintendo Switch. It is all gone and I lost $275. What can I do with these gift cards?

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have the member rewards so I go to change my point amount so I can cash out a reward voucher to use since the company is going out of business. I never received an email for my voucher/rewards certificate, I called the customer service number and the lady states that since they're closing they would not be honoring or allowing any vouchers to be used. So I guess I'm just out the $65+ worth of rewards points I had since they shut down the rewards program. Glad they're going out of business since they rip people off with outrageous prices to begin with then ripping people off more by not honoring their own rewards program.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I understand that they are closing down. I was with my sister this past Thursday. There were six pack and plays stacked with a price of 89.99. I went in to get the pack and play. Just now there was only one left with that very same price for $89.99 taped directly on the box. I had an employee help to get it down off the shelf. However when we got to the register it was ringing up $140. They would not adjust the price because it’s a closing sale but again the employee even spoke to the manager and took the picture of the sign that was on the box and they still would not adjust it to the price it was tagged with.

Original review: April 7, 2018

When I made a purchase for $99.00 with my Toys R Us gift card on line. A week or two later I get an email saying they are delayed in shipment and that they may have to cancel the order if it is not shipped/fulfilled by May 7th 2018. But they will credit my card on the 7th of May. If I used a gift card how can I get my money back when the store will be closed and the gift card will be useless. I feel so ripped off. Bad business!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I ordered four different puzzles on March 23, 2018. First, I received an email on March 29th that 1/2 my order could not be fulfilled and "if the item(s) is not shipped by 04/27/2018 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded." Second I received another email that the other half of my order could not be fulfilled and "if the item(s) is not shipped by 05/03/2018 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded." Too bad my gift card with which I bought the items will be useless. Just go to a store to use the gift card... otherwise you are out of luck and money!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I ordered $550 item Xbox. They sent me item delay for not sure shipping date. Actually they stole money. After 5-2-18 they will cancel item so I can’t use my GC because April 21st is last day using GC. I AM EXTREMELY MAD on them. Very very good close down business. They don’t deserve in market. 100% they want money. They already bankrupt. They steal our money??? Pls anyone. Help me.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I placed an order on 3/23/18 and paid shipping to have it delivered by 3/30/18. On 03/26/18, I received an email stating the order was going to be delayed. I called on that same day and they said they could not cancel my order and what I paid for shipping could not be returned until I placed a request for reimbursement. This is really a joke. Cannot cancel order nor get them to give back my shipping fee. Now I have to wait and received order at their convenience. They said if it is not sent by 4/27/18 then it would be cancelled. Going out of business and they really do not care for customer service.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I bought $50 in gift cards because they were on sale for 25% off. Used it to buy merchandise online and now they send me email saying there is delay in fulfillment and that it will take up to 30 days to determine if they need to cancel the order... which is April 27th for me... and that's the day they will release the funds if they still cannot ship it. If they give me the gift card balance after April 21st, I cannot use it! They are literally pulling a scam. I see other consumers saying the same thing. Toys R Us going out with a BANG!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Recently Toys R Us announced that all their stores were closing so I went online (March 22) to redeem my daughter's gift cards (Have to be used by April 21, 2018). When I ordered the invoice stated that my items would arrive in 3-5 days. Today, March 28 I received an email that there is a "fulfillment delay" & that they currently do not have a ship date. The email stated if the order did not ship by April 27, 2018 they would refund your money/credit card. I called Toys R Us, customer rep stated that an E-gift card would be sent to me if the items don't ship. I said but then you can't use gift cards after April 21... the customer rep said that is correct. I asked to cancel the order, she said she cannot do that. I told her this is unethical as I am now out my gift card. She stated, "Well mama we are closing all our stores". So DO NOT redeem gift cards online or you might just be out your money.

Original review: March 18, 2018

So I had bought a gift card online on March 1st of $50. I called my bank to see what I have pending and found out I had $100 dollars still pending... which was weird so I called customer service and was assured that the extra funds on hold will be dropped in a couple days. I did get charged for $50 & had it posted on my statement but called my bank to see what I had pending so they had told me that I still had $50 dollars pending from them. The bank also informed me that another transaction was made on the 3rd which may be the reason for the second hold and that March 14 is the day the funds would be put back into my account. And that if I wanted the fund to go back faster then I would have to contact Toys R Us to have them authorize for the bank to put it back to my account.

So of course I wasn’t gonna wait until the 14, I called customer service and tried to talk to someone about calling the bank to put the money back into my account. Customer service had told me that the money should go back into my account in a couple of days, so I told them I had been waiting for a week and that I already got charged on the 6th. I told them that my bank could see my card was charged again on the 3rd and the Toys R Us rep could not see a charge on the 3rd... please tell me why I had to have $100 taken out and wait for two whole weeks for my extra $50 on hold to go back into my account. On top of that Toys R Us customer service could not help me out, the last time I was on the phone with them, the customer service rep & I were going back and forth and she hung up on me... Were they borrowing my money!? I don’t know why but yeah do not buy a gift card online from their website, if you must please do with caution.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I bought a pillow from Toys R Us. It was sent broken. The stitches were undone and the stuffing of the pillow was falling out. I was very upset. Now I have to fix it. A lot of people I know that bought something from Toys R Us the product broke in between when they got it in a month. I hear Toys R Us is closing. I see why. I cannot tell you how upset I am about my pillow. First they sent it to the wrong address, then it was sent broken. I deserve a new pillow and my 29 bucks back. I am so disappointed. No offence Toys R Us but you are horrible. This is my first time buying from Toys R Us and it is not a first good impression, I will not be buying from them again. :[

Original review: March 9, 2018

I purchased a $300 item online on 10/5/2017. Once I received the item, I had changed my mind and decided to return it. I tried to return it to the store, but was told it had to be shipped back to return since it was bought online. I was given a number to call Toys R Us to set up the shipment back to them. When I called, I gave the information they asked for, and I was given a Ref ID number to ship the item. I then drove to UPS store, gave them the item along with the Ref ID number. I was then given a tracking number. 4-5 months later, I still have not received a $300 refund for the item, and Toys R US has not called or emailed me. I am now paying $300 for an item that has been returned.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I bought my nephew for Christmas a drone on Black Friday. It was 50% off. All that was emailed from Toys R Us was the order confirmation which is what I gave my brother. He went to the store with it and although the product was in store they refused to give it to him. After 45 minutes on the phone I found out that it was because TRU sent the barcode to another email. Second order was placed and my brother went to store again for my nephew. There was told it was cancelled I called because it was X-Mas eve and was on the phone over 1.5hr. Was told they couldn't figure out why it got cancelled but pointed to the stores inventory.

Again my brother said they were on the shelves. They placed the order a third time and apparently this one was also no good because he miss the deadline by a day or they would not honor Black Friday price. I had to go to a local store buy it and have it FedExed to my brother. Aside from this nightmare the Toys R Us credit card was charged and they can't get the account up because it crashed. The phone reps are full of **. Never buy anything online. They hang up whenever I ask to break the bill. They can't figure it out. When I call billing they transfer or hang up on me. Never call back.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

The Babies R Us store located on 6380 North Point Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA needs a complete management overhaul especially a person by the name of **. The front line in retail is imperative to keep a personal touch to ensure that quality service is provide to the customers. However, ** completely lacks those soft skills that are very much needed in the retail industry. I had came to return an Elmo toy which was gifted to my 21 day old daughter and was useless to us at that point. The customer service representative saw this coming out at 3 cents which she believed was incorrect.

The other lady on the counter decided to help since there were plenty more Elmo toys present at the store for $19.99. On hearing that ** intervened and sent the representative away and refused to honor that price. She kept on asking me if I had the receipt when I had told everyone from my point of return that it was a gift and I was not provided with that. ** was extremely rude and would be one reason I may never return to Babies R Us. Horrible Experience!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I ordered NFL New England Patriots 2 piece sweatshirt set on JAN 22 5:01 pm. Here it is Jan 26th 1:16 pm I receive my package at the door. Lo and behold it's only the hoodie and not the pants. They should've checked to make sure both items was in the bag. Now I got a shipping return label sent to my e-mail and have to send it back out to get another order. Horrible experience!! I don't think I'll be ordering from them anymore.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I placed an order for a Graco Double Stroller to be picked up in store today. After an hour I received an email that stated that the order was cancelled. I then called them as instructed in the email and they said the transaction was blocked by my bank. I then called my bank and had them remove the block. Then I placed the order again. After an hour I received another email stating the email was cancelled. I called Toys R Us again to see why it was cancelled the 2nd time. They told me that I would have to wait 24 hrs for a response. I let them know it's not acceptable and I needed to speak to a supervisor which took 45 minutes to actually speak to.

Once I finally got the supervisor on the phone I couldn't get an honest answer out of her. She said that my transaction was cancelled because the billing address I get them was "wrong" but it wasn't. They were able to charge my card twice which would have never happened if the billing address was wrong. In the end they were not helpful. They kept me on the phone for over 2hrs without a resolution. I got the same stroller from AMAZON for $7.00 cheaper and they did not give me any issues. I was able to complete my transaction in 30 seconds.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

So I went to Toys R Us in North Haven CT with my husband and kids. We was there for about 30 minutes walking around trying to find something for my son. My daughter wanted to buy a video game but there was no one around. We send my daughter to the cashier to ask for help in the back with the video game and we waited there for another 20 minutes and nothing. My son got his toy and my daughter didn't get anything.

As we walked to the register there was 3 people sitting there chatting like there people here that need help. No one helped us. No one cared and I think there was even a family there trying to steal bc no one was paying attention. Next time I go to the other Toys R Us where I get help fast and where people care. Oh and they never gave me my receipt. The girl said I will get it in my email. Didn't. I check both my emails and still nothing came in. I would watch out and make sure they give it to you or mail it to your email. Now I've nothing if I needed to return something.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Beware of Toys R Us online, I ordered & paid for $105 worth of Cra-Z-Art SoundMoovs arm bands/electronics at Christmas, instead I received a $5 Thomas the train, huh?? After calling they corrected the order and sent me the armbands. Then the emails began, reminding me that I needed to return the armbands? Why would I return something I purchased?? After calling AGAIN, they said I needed to return the Toy Train, via US Post office!!? Pain in the rear, but okay, it's done right? SURPRISE, they have now charged me AGAIN another $105.00 for the same items I already paid for. They said, so sorry but it will be 10 days before my $105 is refunded. By the way, some of us don't have an extra $105 dollars laying around to support others mistakes. A customer for 10 years, I've spent thousands over that time in their store. Their apology gift to me? $10 off coupon for my next order... Sad, but there won't be a next order. AMAZON it is...

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I ordered my Son two lego sets he picked out to purchase with Christmas money. We were told a date the item would be delivered and as any 8 year old would do he waited for that package. Well I received a email later in the day that the items were unable to ship and one was on back order. Days later a email came that said a item was cancelled. Note... these items were still available online to purchase. I ordered these items on Amazon and called Toys R Us and said, "Cancel all orders!!!"

A week later my account is charged for the 2 items and I received a email that one lego was being delivered. Omg!!! Seriously!!! I called again and was told they don't see of any charges or deliveries. I called my bank to dispute charges. Guess what? Today my account was charged once again and I got a beat up package with a crushed, opened lego set. I can only laugh at this point and know that tomorrow I will once again call customer service and I will waste my time to drive to store to return. My Son is upset but I trust Amazon will have orders here on time as promised and I can absolutely say I will not be a customer anymore and will spread the word about the lack of organization.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I placed an order on 12/14/17 for my nephew. I received a confirmation of my order. On 12/16/17. I received a tracking notification that my item had shipped for Toys R Us. I then saw a scheduled delivery date of 12/20/17. Well, 12/20/17 came. No package. I called customer service the next day. Customer service has no clue what they were doing. I asked for a supervisor. I was told “that there wasn’t a supervisor working at the time”. How convenient. The guy on the phone then said, "Let me look into this further". He got back on the phone and said, "Your package should arrive by the 25th, if you don’t receive it. Call us back". How helpful. This was a Christmas present for my 8-year old nephew. How do you call a company who had no clue or knowledge of where your package is?! Guess what happened next?

That’s right, Christmas Day came and went. Here it is a New Year, currently today is 1/7/18 as I type this message. I’ve sent several other emails and complaints. No response from a supervisor or manager or anyone from Toys R Us. I called back yet again, waited on hold for 25 minutes. AGAIN!! Just to hear another customer service representative from Toys R Us tell me how they couldn’t help me and they were sorry. This is absolutely insane. I can not believe nobody has returned my call or emails. I still have not received my package. Yet, have been charged the full amount. If you want my advice. Do not shop online or even in store at Toys R Us. I had to re-purchase the item I was suppose to receive from Toys R Us from Amazon who charged more but delivered on time. This is bad communication and absolutely horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I bought on Toys R Us site. Paid for a express shipment (2 days) and in two days the order was not yet shipped. I called the Toys R Us Help. They informed that I Will receive in that evening, but no arrival. I called again, they informed that Will cancel and reimbursement but till now nothing. I bought on Dec 26th.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I ordered from Toys R Us on Dec.4th, my order was shipped in multiple shipments, I was tracking the one I never received Ninja Legos. The tracking said a label had been created so I assumed I would receive it before Christmas, I called a few days before Christmas and after being on hold forever got a hold of customer service. I was told I should have called sooner but they had an agreement with a company that if you ordered before Dec.19 then you would receive your order, which I clearly did! She said I still might receive it which I didn't. Then after Christmas I sent 2 emails to corporate and haven't even got a response yet... poor customer service! Someone could at least respond.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

On December 8th, I bought 9 Shopkins Kinstruction sets. They said they were shipped and they had tracking but they used multiple shipping services and they shipped the items individually. I only received two of them but not the rest. I checked the other tracking numbers and some of them said they were shipped to a place called Portland, WA and it had the Vancouver, WA zip code listed. The rest had my right location listed and said they had been delivered.

I called eBay Toys ”R” Us about this and this shipping error thing and my packages never being received so they said they would reship the items. A week goes by and I call them back and give them the claim number they gave me the week before and the number was unlisted in their system so I had to start from scratch again with them. Then they tell me a refund had been reissued because they were out of stock. They said to wait 5-10 business days. I see on their ebay store they still had some items in stock and they were not going to ship the ones they still had in stock. So I contact them again and get no answer. They also said on ebay to me I will get a email from them within 2-3 business days and no email ever came.

Today I checked my Paypal account and no refund still wasn't issued. I had to call ebay because they closed my case on me when I had them step in to help me get my refund but because of their shipping errors and showing packages were received on my door step, they refunded me for courtesy and said toysrus couldn't be responsible. I did get my refund from ebay and I will never buy from toysrus online again due to their broken promises and shipping to a no such town in Washington and poor communication. How do they even stay in business with their lack of profession?

I suspect some of my packages were stolen on my doorstep but toysrus said they were refunding me and that is why I am unhappy because they did not follow through with the email they promise to send me and refund and the bogus claim number they gave me. Might file a claim on paypal against them if I am still expected to pay it through paypal credit I used when I bought from them or else ebay basically paid the bill for me and I still didn't get my money back.

Toys R Us Company Information