Simplicity Cribs

Simplicity

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: April 27, 2015

22 Simplicity Cribs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: April 27, 2015

My MIL purchased the 4-in-1 cribs for my twins in 2008. (This is not a drop down side style.) We never heard about the recall, but we have never had any problems with them. My children have just grown out of their beds and have been using them, in the transitional stages, for the last 6 1/2 years. These beds have served us well.

Original review: April 6, 2012

I have called and called about a Simplicity crib 4605 that was purchased through Wal-Mart. I have been told that it is on recall and supposed to be replaced. They have refused to do so unless I can find a receipt. I have been unable to find it. I am having another baby and unsure what to do. Please help!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 11, 2011

This is horrible. I purchased the Eliis Deluxe 4 in 1 Convertible Sleep System in honey oak for my baby 4 years ago. We were finally ready to convert it from the daybed to the full size bed and we found out that we needed to order the bed rails. When I went to order them, I discovered that the company is out of business and there is not a contact. Reading through everyone else's issues, I see that the Delta Canton might work, but I can't locate it in the honey oak color. I am extremely disappointed that the product is not available and that I was not notified of a recall so that we could take it back.

Original review: May 3, 2011

I have never even opened this crib. I knew that all drop down cribs were recalled but this is upsetting to know that they are out of business and I have nothing! They really got away with a lot when millions of there products are a total loss to the public with the product that they should stand behind! Code Number: **. Vendor item Number: **. Total loss of money! Luckily, I never used it so no babies were harmed.

Original review: July 3, 2010

We purchased this 4-in-1 convertible sleep system Ellis model by Simplicty and found that it had been recalled only after our daughter was already out of the crib and toddler bed. When we found out it was, because we wanted to order the side rails for the "full" bed that it converts into. The address is no good, the email they provided does not work. Now how do we convert this into a 'full' bed. If we would have know this was going to happen, we would have never ever purchased this system. We are very upset that we were not contacted that this had been recalled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simplicity?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2010

I bought the Simplicity 4-in-1 crib in 2007. I recently pulled it out of storage to use with the baby I'm expecting in May 2010. I found out it had been recalled shortly after I purchased it. I am extremely angry that I never received a notice, even filling out the registration card that was supposed to allow me to get a notice in the mail if it was ever recalled. Luckily, we had no accidents with it, but we could have. Now, I'm stuck with a crib I can't use and since the company decided to go out of business instead of taking care of the problems they caused by their faulty product, I need to try to come up with money for a new crib. Companies should not be allowed to just get away with going out of business rather than making things right with the people they've harmed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2009
Original review: July 27, 2009

After my daughter was born, we bought a 3-in-1 Simplicity/Graco crib (2004). She used it with no incidents (thankfully!) through the toddler bed stage. When I found out I was pregnant with a 2nd child, we planned on using the same crib. Around the time my son was born (Sept 2008) a recall was issued, unbeknownst to me. When I found out about the recall and possible dangers that both of my children were exposed to, I attempted to contact people for a repair kit/explanation/refund - anything. I was unable to reach anyone by phone, but submitted a request online for a repair kit. That was at least 5 months ago. Now I called to find out why I had not received a repair kit/explanation, etc. and find that according to Graco, Simplicity is out of business and no longer operating with their company and that they cannot help. I find out that Wal-mart is issuing refunds, but only for those cribs purchased between 2005 and 2007. So I ask, what am I supposed to do with this thing? It has not lived up to its promise, had endangered my children as well as cost several others injuries and their lives. Who will pay? We, the consumers will - and as long as these companies get away with it, they will continue to do it. I wish that every time I had an expense that I could not/did not want to pay, I could just "go out of business".

Original review: June 25, 2009

I leaned over the crib rail to place my child in and the top of the rail snapped in two at the seam where they piece wood together. It pinched my stomach and left a small bruise. If my child would have leaned against it and broke it, my child could have fallen through to the floor, get severely hurt, and could have received abrasions.

Original review: April 21, 2009

The rails underneath my daughter's crib mattress fell from underneath her in one corner. I was in the basement and barely heard her scream. When I reached the top of the stairs, I couldn't hear her anymore but decided to check on her anyway. When I walked into her room, her face and neck were being smothered between her mattress and crib. Her feet were dangling on the floor and she could hardly breath. Had I not heard her, she would be dead. I took pictures of the crib and of her face and neck and we threw out the crib. This crib had a recall on it 6 months after we bought it for the drop gate falling out and smothering babies. We have only owned the crib for 2 years so I have no idea why this would happen.

Original review: April 6, 2009

I have an Aspine nursery in a box crib. The wood is splitting and cracking on side. Also, the side rail is coming down. I went to contact Simplicity only to find my email sent back and no customer service to help me. I think it is wrong for this company to still sell items and not be able to contact them about their product. Also when I went to contact them about the crib, I found out my crib was recalled and I have no way of getting parts I need.

Original review: March 19, 2009
Original review: March 11, 2009
Original review: Nov. 4, 2008
Original review: April 9, 2008

On the afternoon of 3/26/08 I put my son down for a nap. I went to put something away in the bedroom thinking he was a sleep. When I heard him start to move around I quickly left the room. Almost immediately after stepping out of the bedroom I heard a loud popping sound. I ran back into the bedroom and was horrified to see the top of side rail had snapped. My son was laying flat on his back crying, but thankfully not hurt.

I removed him from the crib and went to a neighbor's for help. She advised me to try to calm down, take a nap with my son and deal with the company after my fiance came home from work. He tried unsuccessfully to call the company over the next few days.

The following week I reached someone from consumer service. I gave her the model: 8324H, manufacture's code: 2306 TC, name: Chelsea deluxe 4-in-1 & description of what took place. She said since nothing else was wrong with the crib they would just replace the side rail that was broken. I told her this was unacceptable because if one piece was made from faulty wood other pieces could be too and I would not feel comfortable placing my son in a potentially dangerous crib.

I also let her know I took pictures before we dismantled the crib that I could send them. She was not interested. I told her they were extremely lucky my son fell backwards instead of forwards, because he probably would have been seriously injured and they would be facing a major lawsuit.

I also told her another part of the Chelsea crib had previously been recalled, which makes us feel even more uncomfortable with the quality of their product. I told her we wanted a refund. She said I would need to speak with the manager & have a receipt. I informed her I probably no longer had the receipt, but had the credit card statement for the purchase from the Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory where we purchased the crib.

She took my contact information and told me we would be contacted by the manager. No one from the company has contacted us yet. We have been reluctant to call back until we learned what our rights in this matter are. For now the crib sits dismantled in the kitchen & our son has to sleep in a pack in play.

Baby Depot no longer carries that crib. My credit card charge was for $194.79, but I believe that was with a $20.00 off coupon.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2007

I gratefully received the new parts for the recalled plastic on my sons crib. I bought the crib 2 years ago and this is the 2nd time it has been recalled. I thought I was buying a great product from one of the best sellers of baby products. Well the new parts render the side unmovable. I can no longer drop the side of the crib to lay my son down. I must pick him up over the rail and try to lay him down without waking him up. 1) I am 37 years old, 2) I have medical problems including arthitis in my back causing severe pain, and 3) at 2 months my son is already 15 pounds. I am now going to have to buy a new crib and Im out 150.00. I am not working due to the high risk pregnancy.

I have dropped my child on the mattress, thank God, while trying to lay him down to sleep due to the fact that I have to raise him over the bar to put him to sleep.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2007

My Daughter who is 16 mos old managed to get the slider on her crib so slide down about 2 inches...enough for her to fall out of her crib...thankfully she was fine..but about 3 days later i learned of the crib recall and discovered that my crib is built incorrectly...i intend to take this crib that my child has been sleeping in since she was born back to Wal*Mart and demand my $300 back!!!

This is outrageous for this kind of slip up...this is where out children sleep...i intend to pay a lot more attention and best believe the next bed will not be from SIMPLICITY.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2007

Before this recent recall on the Simplicity cribs was ever made, I reported damaged items, missing hardware, and complaints about not being able to put my daughter in her crib due to the unstability (Crib'n Changer Combo by Simplicity for Children). The changer seperates from the crib far enough where I have been concered for my daughters safety, not to mention the hardware replacement s I continue to this day to still ask for.

WalMart where I purchased the crib stated to deal with the insert that states and I STILL HAVE STOP, DO NOT RETURN TO STORE! For quickest service, please call our toll free number at 1 800 858-8323 for assistance and information from our trained customer service staff.

Which when I do, I never get a live person, sometimes they don't call back and other times they CONTINUE TO SEND OUT THE WRONG HARDWARE!!!!!! My original receipt which I still have is dated Sept. 17th, 2006. No wonder they had this crib at almost 1/2 off. Knobs also come off and screws POSE A CHOKING HAZARD. BROKEN AND CRACKED PIECES ALSO POSE A THREAT TO A INFANT/TODDLER SAFTEY.

It is exhausting to go thru this over and over, and then when a box finally arrives - its the WRONG THING!

My daughter has had screws from the knobs, which I immediately pulled from her when she was just sitting on her bedroom floor playing and I do not feel this bed is safe in no manner, especially now I know I am not the only one. She has been unable to sleep in her own room at night and and instead of the manufacture solving the problem, they make it worse!!! I truly believe they do not care about the safety of their products and would not put their own children in them.

Original review: July 11, 2007

I have purchased this crib from Simplicity Model# 8755HT - Manufacturer's Code 1906-SQ and I have a 9 month old daughter. I had put together the mobile and the massager that connects underneath the bed. There is a cord that connects up the side of the crib from the massager to the mobile and the cord is suppose to be protected by sleeves that go around one of the side crib bars.

I had woke up to my daughter screaming last night and that cord was wrapped around her upper body and arm and her arm was stuck in between the side bar and mattress at this time also. The cord was inside of the sleeves when she went to bed unsure how the cord had gotten out whether my daughter kicked at the sleeve and gotten it loose or what but the sleeve was still intact on the bar.

I called Simplicity, Inc Customer Service and they did not seem too concerned unless I could tell them exactly how my daughter had gotten that cord loose. It also does not seem too stable and I have had to get a couple replacement parts.

Original review: July 9, 2007

I bought a Graco crib 3 years ago.From time to time I could hear what sounded like knawing near the crib.When I would get close the noise would stop.I figured we had a mouse.A few weeks ago I noticed sawdust on the floor onder the crib.I looked closer and saw a very small hole above where the sawdust had landed.It was then I realized something was in the wood.I sat and listened and within a very short time the sound I had heard before was coming from the crib.I didn't know who to call so I called a consumer report number on the car seat.

I was told this isn't the first complaint they had about this problem.They told me to get the crib out of the house and put tape over the spot the sawdust was falling from.When Simplicity was called they said they had no complaints and who is to say something from my home got into the wood.That really made me mad because there is no entry hole for anything to have crawled into the wood.

We took the crib outside and sawed the board in several pieces. On the first cut we found a white worm the size of a straw, it is a white worm with a light tan head, it looks like a grub worm..We proceeded to make more cuts and found this worm had eaten 22 inches out of this board. I kept everything and the worm is still alive and still knawing away at the wood. It's a good thing he came close enough to the surface to leave the piles of sawdust.

It makes me sick to think of those babies sleeping with that worm knawing away near their heads.Simplicity said if I don't have the sales slip there is nothing they will do.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2007

I purchased two simplicity Ellis cribs in 2004. I just converted these to transitional cribs and found some huge problems. First, the manual has a error that instructs you to put the transitial bed together incorrectly. On page 11 of my manual it states in bold that you must have the mattress support on the highest level.

When I did this my daughter fell out of the bed! The rails will not keep her in because the crib is TOO high. I called simplicity and they told me the crib mattress should be at the lowest level. I told them what my manual stated and she told me it was wrong. When I told her my daughter was hurt she was rude and and just repeated my manual had a typo! Simplicity could care less that this typo is causing children to be hurt!

My second complaint is that the parts that come with this crib are not correct. When I put together my second crib I noticed the transitional bed rails do not fit. They are too long and do not screw into the bottom of the mattress support. I am also missing two 38mm screws. When I tried the screws they gave me, a gap was created between the crib and the transitional rails. My other daughter got her leg stuck in this gap!

First, my daugher fell out of the crib because the manual has huge errors and tell you to put the tranisitional bed together wrong!

Second, my other daughter got her leg stuck in a gap created by the transitional rails not fitting the crib correctly. I am sure I got the wrong parts for the crib because I own two and only one crib created a gap and does not screw onto the mattress support! I was also not given the correct amount of screws. I need two 38mm screws.

I cant imagine how many other 2004 simplicity cribs are causing damage to other children. When you call the customer service line they do not seem to care about the errors in the manual! Something needs to be done! They dont even have a message on the website that the manual has a mistake. Who knows how many other kids will be hurt by this error and by the fact that some cribs have wrong parts/screws provided!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2006

My baby has a white Winnie the Pooh crib that I got from Wal-Mart. Simplicity Inc., makes the crib. I called to tell them that on 3 0r 4 different occasions, I've found paint chips twice under her bed, once on her mattress, and once on the teething railing still there but hanging there so I threw them away when I discovered them.

What really concerns me is that I've found paint particals in my babies mouth, all over her chin, her hands, and some on her forhead. I tried to tell the lady that this concerns me that my baby has been eating paint particles. The lady just kept arguing with me and telling me that it's non-toxic paint. Who wants their baby to be in a baby bed that's suppose to be safe and have them eat paint over the next three years.

She told me I should buy a teething rail and I told her that my baby is putting her mouth on the headboard too. I told her I was concerned because of the paint chips and the paint particles in her mouth. Then she asked if I had internet access and that I could buy a crib cover to cover up the crib for baby's that are active and do that.

My baby should be able to stand in her crib and pull up on the bars and for me not to have to worry about her eating paint and thank goodness she hasn't choke on one of these pieces of paint that I've pick up and put in the trash.

This same company recalled one of their other cribs for paint chipping as a possible choking hazard. The lady didn't seem to care about my concerns, so I told her I was going to take it back to Wal-mart and she said okay. I'm very dissappointed in this product that should be safe for babies and the way the lady treated me on the phone.

Simplicity Cribs Company Information