Safety 1st Bath Seats

Safety 1st Baby Bath Seats

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2008

6 Safety 1st Bath Seats Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2008
Original review: Oct. 30, 2008
Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 2, 2008

I emailed the Safety 1st company about, in my opinion, a very unsafe bath tub. Every other day, I received an email with a new question about the product, so I got fed up and called them. I explained the bath tub was very unsafe because the baby slips down during the whole bath. I explained that I find this to be very dangerous. The woman, I believe was named Jenny, told me I didn't like the design and they could do nothing for me. This caught me off guard as I had called simplicity about a problem with my pack and play and they were extremely apologetic and were more then happy to replace the broken piece, no strings attached.

I hung up with this woman and emailed the person who had been emailing me every other day with her questions she could have asked me in the first email. I said I was extremely disappointed with the service I had received. So, as I was fuming that this woman manipulated what I had said into me not liking the design of the product, I decided to call and speak with their corporate office. I asked the woman who answered for the corporate office number. She told me to her knowledge they were corporate. (I was thinking she should probably know if she was a corporate employee, but whatever). I then said OK well, I would like to speak with a supervisor. She said they were all in meetings. So I told her I would like them to call me back because I believe I have an unsafe product and I was not taken seriously by the Safety 1st company.

I explained the flaw in the tub and now I tell her I do not care about a refund or a replacement, I just want to be 100% sure that this is documented so a child does not drowned in this unsafe tub. I will not be using it any longer but other people might. She said she would have a supervisor call me back. Well that was yesterday afternoon, I have not gotten a call back and people have now given their baby 2 more baths in this tub that endangers their babies lives every time they use it. Basically, what I am saying is I can not believe a company named Safety 1st would not take a safety complaint seriously. I liked the design of the product, that's why I bought it, I do not like that my baby face gets water level if she wiggles at all. This is the product on the Babiesrus web site. Mine is the same except the pattern on the fabric. Could be unsafe, $27.00 I'll never get back.

Original review: July 21, 2006

The seat has an issue with entrapping the infants arm near the side of the seat. The biggest Concern I had was with mildew forming under the swivel area of the tub and I did not notice this until I went to reposition the unit farther from the faucet. I had to drain the tub with my wet infant in it after I dumped the water on him to rinse the soap. He had already been exposed to the contaminated water and I do not know how long this happened.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2003

I purchased a bath seat, it was supposed to be safe. It has happened twice that while my daughter was having a bath, the seat has come apart -- not at all safe.

On both occasions nothing has happened because my daughter was supervised at all times. I do think that they are not safe.

They are safe only if an adult is in attendance every second baby is in the bath. The seats are now being regulated in the U.S., after more than 100 documented drownings in ten years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safety 1st?

Original review: April 13, 2001

I purchased two of the safety first products at separate times and at two separate stores in my city, I had a problem with the first purchase about five months ago when I put my 5 month old in the bath with the safety first swivel bath seat, during the processes of bathing my son the bath seat tipped over three times and submerged my child under water. I thought that maybe I had put the seat in the tub the wrong way and tried again to my shock it happened again. I called the company and they said that to pack it in a box and Fed X would pick it up free of charge with a full money back return in about two to three weeks, I received my refund in about six weeks but not in the full amount of purchase about three dollars less which was fine. I bought yet another one of there products last month, which was a safety first animal adventure 4X4 walker or the retail price of $49.99 plus tax.

Within the first week of use the back brake broke off the back wheel bent and the fabric seat never seemed to go in place and stay causing my 10 month old (now) to fall to the floor causing bruises to his face and scratches as well. Also the bar in the front of the walker broke off.

I called the costumer service line to inform them of the defect and with no care he said mail it back to the company for a refund, well I figured since I was unhappy with the product they could at least pay to have it shipped over to them. The man never once took down my complaint nor any of my personal information. My child could have been seriously injured and they didn't even care. <\p>

My son does not like to take baths anymore, it seems as if he remembers what happened even at 5 month old.

Safety 1st Bath Seats Company Information