1.82/5

38 Razor Scooters Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 3, 2008

12 year old Child received 3rd degree burn on leg when leg came in contact with rear wheel brake. Brake had become super-hot after about 3 minutes of child playing with scooter. There are no warning labels on brake, scooter or owners manual warning about the heat that can be generated by the foot brake,

3rd degree burns on leg. Unknown what scarring will occur as a result.

Original review: July 21, 2007

Bought the Scooter at PEP BOY's in Raleigh, NC for my son's christmas. After unpacking and charging as per the instructions the Razor E300 would not opperate as advertized it carried my son (90 lbs) for maybe 5 minutes and never reached mor that 5 MPH. I though it had not reached a full charge so we connected the charger again and charged it untill the indicator light showed it was complete and charged.

I called the Razor Consumer Service and never got through "Do to our large volume of calls" all I ever got was the recording after holding for long periods of time on multipul occassions. I also complained through their WEB Site and never got a response. It was and remains a disappointing experience for me and my family I still have the POS in my garage and I would appreciate my money back the Razor Company obviously gets away with ripping off customers by simply not responding to the many issues they have with their products. It must be the new American way, quality and customer service are things of the past for companys like this.

Original review: June 22, 2007

I bought the Pocket Mod Electric Scooter on April 11th 2007. 3 Days after I received it the valve stem pulled out of the tube while trying to inflate the tire. They did replace the tube tire and rim. received it 4/19. Then on or about the 22nd I noticed that the battery didnt seem to be holding a charge. I again contacted them on 6/01 and they said they would send me a new battery. How ever they said they were back odered until the end of June. I did receive a battery on the 21st and after charging it a full 8 hrs as recommended by them it still has no power.

This product is defective from the factory and since I did not purchase it from there web site they say it cannot be returned.I received it with no apparent damage in shipping. What kind of a Company would sell a product that is defective and has no recourse for compensation. Razor.Com is a RIP-OFF do not buy there products. PS I forgot to mention that the only service center in Wash is 200 miles away. I am a senior and do not drive.

Original review: July 16, 2006

I bought 2 electric scooters for $400.00. The battery in one of them would not work right away so it was covered under the warranty, but it took 6 months to get one because they were out of stock when I first called, then they got some in but immediatly were out of stock again. The other scooter was only ridden 2 times during the winter and a few more in April and May (we live in Ohio) before the battery went bad in it, but the warranty was over by then (it is only 90 days).Razor will not replace the battery in the second scooter without charging me even though they clearly have a problem with their batteries.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2005

I'm just writing to let you know that it's not only the electric razor scooter that the handlebars can break and detach, it is also the regular non-electric type. I just saw the recall in a "Women's Day" magazine and two days later my son was riding his and the handlebar completely snapped off the base.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Razor Scooters?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2005

I have had two problems with an E100 Razor scooter. The first problem is with the batteries. The unit would no longer work because the wire broke of at the battery. These wires are fed directly into the side of the battery. The wire broke off flush to the battery(poor design). The second problem is the recall of the battery charger. The recall says it is on PowerMax chargers.I called Razor and they said if my charger doesn't say PowerMax, it is not part of the recall. Well, my charger only says it is a class 2 transformer(no brand name)...but even with the battery problem corrected, the scooter still doesn't charge. I'm wondering if its the charger.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2005

I purchased a E-300 scooter at Pep Boys #614 in Los Angeles on May 19, 2004. I literally rode the scooter once. I thought it needed to be re-charged. So, I charged it up according to the instruction manual it came with. I would then put the throttle full bord, and the scooter wouldn't move at all. I called Razor, USA on May 26, 2004, explaining the situation and they sent out a new throttle. On the instuction manual, it clearly states, "Do Not return the scooter to the store", you must contact Razor.

So, I receive the new throttle in the mail so 2 to 3 weeks later. The customer service person failed to tell me that I needed soldering gun, solder, wire cutters, and some other tools to repair this week old scooter. I thought it would be easier to just return the scooter to Pep Boys for a refund at the very least replacement. Again, one the manual it states, "DO NOT RETURN TO STORE". Now, you scooter runs full bore when you turn it on without even touching the throttle.

I call on September 3, 2004 I talked to Lisa, again explaining the problem. She says I need a control module. But, couldn't ship one out because it was out of stock. On October 6, 2004, I called again, still waiting for the control module, I talked to Lisa again. She said it will be shipped out in 2 to 3 weeks to me. I was given an order number of 515819. Finally I received the control module on November 29, 2004 again needing special tools to replace the control module and come to find out that it's the wrong size. It doesn't even fit my scooter.On December 20, 2004 I emailed Razor and I again explained the whole situation to yet another agent of Razor, and I was asked by Agent #1006 Diane, (NOT A SUPERVISOR), yet one would think after all this I would get a supervisor,even though I asked for one! She asks me to fax a copy of my receipt so she can send a shipping label to return the scooter. I thought finally I'm getting somewhere. But, of course, I still haven't received the shipping label yet.

Original review: June 7, 2004

I purchased a battery operated razor scooter for my son from Sports Authority in Bloomingdale Il..My son used it for a few weeks and all of a sudden while using it the throttle lever stuck on the open position causing my son to hit a tree as he ejected from it.I happen to be speaking to my neighbor(Dave Chatlin 2140 Greenbridge Ln.)shortly after this incident and he informrd me that he had purchased the same scooter for his son and within days had the same problem and Sports Authority exchanged it for a new one, only to discover the same problem once again.At this point he wanted a full refund and was told to contact Razor.

When he did, they told him that they were aware of this defect and offered a new throttle.He of course declined and they called the store and were able to get a full refund for him. In my case I have e-mailed and spoken to a supervisor at Razor and they will not refund my money only replace and fix it for me! My question was and is This scooter is obviously defective,can cause serious bodily harm to a teenager demographic to which they target.

They post this defect on their web site if your lucky enough to look into it prior to use yet make no attempt to notify the consumers or take them of the shelves!I find this dispicable, and both Razor and Sports Authority should be held responsible for allowing this to happen. Luckily my son had no severe injuries, never the less these companies put him and other children at risk! Do I really want another one for him? Would you? NO! I want my money back and they should be held responsible!

Razor Scooters Company Information