1.82/5

38 Razor Scooters Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

I bought this scooter via Amazon for my mile and a half commute to and from work. For reference, I'm 5' and 120lbs. Initially, it's worked very well for the last month. Going uphill for the majority of the trip to work does eat up the battery life a bit, so I have to charge it every night. My only major issue is now, a month later, it's started making a repeated clicking noise and not going as fast. When checking the maintenance manual, I realized the back tire needs to be aired up. Unfortunately, the valve in the tire is angled badly, even with the provided extender. I cannot air the tire up and thus cannot use it safely. I even removed the plastic chain cover and still cannot attach the extender properly. It would benefit Razor and their customers to make sure the valve is properly lined up to be used.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I’m reading the reviews and our experience is totally different, I put them (2) together yesterday and charged them according the instructions, no problem at all, both kids 11 and 12 yo loved them, run on them for about 20 minutes and when they stopped they were still working on the original charge. No complaints so far, just follow the instructions and be careful, it’s a motorized toy and I see how little kids might fall on them.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Bought a Power Core e100 for my 8 year old. It does not have a throttle, it is an ON/OFF switch that makes the scooter take off too fast. Too fast for a crowded playground. Absolutely too fast for a sidewalk. There is no way to slow this thing down. I messaged Razor USA and they were dismissive. I will NEVER buy their product again. Poorly designed and unsafe. Lousy customer service. They earned this review.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I bought it yesterday from Walmart, I left 12 hours charging. the charger shows green light but the scooter - Razor Electric Scooter E100 do not turn on (no light in the ON button). My daughter and me are very disappointed with the product it is her birthday gift and she could not used it.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I had to write after reading all these negative reviews. First, you assemble the scooter yourself, if it becomes dismantled, it is not Razor co. fault. Second, I bought the scooter for myself - 37yr old mamma, weigh 118LBs. I hurt myself (busted lip) first week of use because I got off w/out hitting the brake first. Again, not RAZOR co. fault. I've been using it for over a month now to get back and forth to work and not fell again. My 9 yr old uses it a lot and rides much better than me; he has never fell. I guess electric scooters aren't for everyone. If it stops working in 7 months, I still think it's worth the price. Saves me a lot of time. I love it and intend to upgrade to E300.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Razor Scooters?

Original review: May 2, 2017

I have owned 4 of these. I am on the 4th one, an E300 and it's acting up. I go to my friend's house twice a day and even when fully charged, this piece of crap scooters won't work, you have to be going down a hill but even then it's slow and eventually stops. Don't waste your money on these loads of garbage. The chain always falls off, and then I burn myself on the hot motor. Then, the motor makes an awful burning smell. I feel like it's gonna explode. Razor doesn't care about their customers. I've got a 3rd-degree burn on the side of the road with this hunk of junk, trying to fix it only to have it stall. Stay away from this garbage.

Original review: July 18, 2016

Stay away!!! I purchased an electric scooter less than 30 days ago. The thing never ran for more than a few minutes. Their service rep told me it was a defective battery and had to send them my store receipt. I could not find the receipt so she said she would SELL me a replacement battery (plus shipping) and would not give it to me free of charge. I offered to show her my credit card receipt and she said she needed an itemized receipt showing the scooter purchase. I called my credit card company and got the charges reversed, thankfully. I'm so happy I paid with a credit card - this business is beyond shady and unprofessional. Stay away from their products!!!

Original review: April 23, 2016

The Razor E 100 electric scooter completely dismantled while my 9 year old son was riding it causing him to slide 10 feet on his face causing 2 inch hole in his chin, 2 broken teeth and a fractured chin. THIS TOY IS A DANGEROUS TOY. ALL 3 OF MY KIDS SCOOTERS ARE BEING RETURNED ASAP.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

Razor E300s - My son is 5'3" and weight 130. The seat is low and don't adjust higher. His bottom hurts because his legs are too long to take weight off his bottom. Seat needs to be higher so his legs can be in a "L" shape and sit flat on the platform.

Original review: July 5, 2015

Recently, I bought a Razor Ecosmart Metro Scooter. Within a day, the seat fell off due to a manufacturing defect. A few days later, the scooter's motor broke. The motor would hum but not spin the chain or turn the wheel. At this point, I had used the scooter for no more than a week! I had probably not even ridden 20 miles!

I contacted Razor USA, LLC as soon as possible. They repeatedly refused to return, replace, nor repair the scooter. I was told multiple times to take it back to the retailer, who refused to take responsibility and claimed that it was Razor's responsibility. Customer Service told me that they could not repair the scooter because they didn't have any parts, but they refused to exchange the scooter because "it was against their policy". Basically, I was sold a lemon and their so-called "warranty" did nothing to help.

Razor Scooters Company Information