Razor Scooters

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Stay away!!! I purchased an electric scooter less than 30 days ago. The thing never ran for more than a few minutes. Their service rep told me it was a defective battery and had to send them my store receipt. I could not find the receipt so she said she would SELL me a replacement battery (plus shipping) and would not give it to me free of charge. I offered to show her my credit card receipt and she said she needed an itemized receipt showing the scooter purchase. I called my credit card company and got the charges reversed, thankfully. I'm so happy I paid with a credit card - this business is beyond shady and unprofessional. Stay away from their products!!!

The Razor E 100 electric scooter completely dismantled while my 9 year old son was riding it causing him to slide 10 feet on his face causing 2 inch hole in his chin, 2 broken teeth and a fractured chin. THIS TOY IS A DANGEROUS TOY. ALL 3 OF MY KIDS SCOOTERS ARE BEING RETURNED ASAP.

Razor E300s - My son is 5'3" and weight 130. The seat is low and don't adjust higher. His bottom hurts because his legs are too long to take weight off his bottom. Seat needs to be higher so his legs can be in a "L" shape and sit flat on the platform.

Recently, I bought a Razor Ecosmart Metro Scooter. Within a day, the seat fell off due to a manufacturing defect. A few days later, the scooter's motor broke. The motor would hum but not spin the chain or turn the wheel. At this point, I had used the scooter for no more than a week! I had probably not even ridden 20 miles!

I contacted Razor USA, LLC as soon as possible. They repeatedly refused to return, replace, nor repair the scooter. I was told multiple times to take it back to the retailer, who refused to take responsibility and claimed that it was Razor's responsibility. Customer Service told me that they could not repair the scooter because they didn't have any parts, but they refused to exchange the scooter because "it was against their policy". Basically, I was sold a lemon and their so-called "warranty" did nothing to help.

I live in Michigan. I purchased an E175 Razor Scooter at Target's back in Dec of 2014 as a Christmas gift for my grandson. He didn't get to ride it right away, Hummmm because there was snow on the ground. So I take it out of the box in late April of 2015 to charge it just like the instruction manual says to do, and I charged the battery for at least 12 hours. I did that & the Damn thing did not work! Now, after reading all the complaints, it seems like the same complaint I have, everyone else has. It is completely useless. Now I really don't know why this company can get away with selling this defective product. I Believe that the stores selling this crap should be held accountable.

The stores can sell an extended warranty, yet are not responsible for a refund. No, don't return it to the store if something goes wrong, contact Razor - is this why it states not to return the scooter to the store of purchase? Because they know that they are selling a defective product? Now why would I want to replace it with another defective piece of crap, when it will do the same thing? I just want my money back! And want to know what Consumers Affairs can do for me. My grandson did not even get to enjoy his gift. Here it is summertime and he cannot even ride it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Razor Scooters?

My son's power rider 360 has a flag attached to a pole that at the time had no idea was made of fiberglass material. The pole easily comes off so my son and daughter tried once to put it back and due to the material got hands full of fiberglass. The company still hasn't reached out to me with a solution. Guess it must not be important!

Extremely unhappy. Purchased two... one for my son and one for my daughter for Christmas. Charged as instructed... several attempts mind you... nothing! Just a click on each and charge indicator show fully charged. What an expensive waste! Do not buy this junk!

Bought as Christmas present in 2014 on Amazon. Opened by an excited 10-year old on Christmas day, waited 12 hours for the piece of rubbish to supposedly fully charge. After 12 hours it had no signs of life and certainly wouldn't work. Arranged for a replacement to be sent through Amazon. This arrived 2 days later and guess what?!! This doesn't work either!!!!! They both arrived in boxes which looked 2nd hand and have stickers on box advising us not to return scooter if they initially don't work and request we phone a help line to get technical advice despite the product being new!!! Horrendous object and best avoided!!!

I bought my 9 daughter an electric razor scooter and she complains that every time she goes over a bump it hurts her lower back. Anyone else ever have this problem??

I purchased 2 Razor Scooters in 2008 for my sons. One had a seat, one did not. The one with the seat would run for five minutes and die. I contacted Razor many time concerning batteries or other problem. I did this for six months - no cure. I gave up and am now looking to buy batteries online. (Hopefully) I just wanted to express my unhappiness with the customer service. Not happy.

My son was riding his Razor (crap) scooter when the handle bar broke off at weld.... When it broke, my son fell forward into the jagged metal which put a bad bruise with a slight cut on his chest, then fell to ground. Joanne, who says she is part owner of Razor Corp., she does NOT feel it was bad snout to compensate him with the pictures we sent.... We DO NOT want money, just a upgrade for what he went through..... So Joanne, one of the owners, said I should file a complaint if I am not happy with them doing what they did for my son... So I am now going to go forth and use legal assistance to ensure proper justice.... I will update as more info unfolds...

DANGEROUS! In 2000, I received my first Razor scooter. The first time I rode it I was 10 years old, wearing a helmet, I had an unspeakable accident. I hit a small rock and instead of these tiny wheels going over/around/tipping over the rock, I was launched straight over the handle bars. My coat being brand new for Christmas as well, was covering my hands and the handle bars in the December cold and I was unable to brace my fall. Fell directly onto my jaw, blood begins to gush from my right ear and jaw leaving PINTS of blood on the pavement. Long story short and a week hospital stay later. I fractured my jaw into two pieces, fractured my condyles off, had surgery to put a metal plate and 4 screws to repair my jaw, severed my right carotid artery, put a hole in my ear canal, was leaking cerebral spinal fluid from my severed ear canal, fractured my skull, and had 2 angiograms to assess the damage to my carotid. I mean how much more of a horror story could this be? Please, do not let your children ride these, they are dangerous!

I'm pretty sure the only good scooters are the simple kick scooters like type A, A2, A3, A4. Every time I bought an electric scooter (twice E100). First one the battery broke down 1 month after I got it. The second was defective.

I purchased an electric Razor Scooter E100 for my 8-year-old daughter. After the first 15 minutes of riding it, the throttle stuck and it threw her off the scooter causing severe burns to her leg. She got back up and tried it again thinking she did something wrong and realized that the throttle would stick after a few seconds. The brake lever will not even shut the engine off. I spoke with Kathy the manager of consumer affairs who stated that she could repair the unit. I'll just return it to Toys R Us. This company is careless and would have had the opportunity to take this machine apart and find out what the defect is which could potentially save a child's life! What an unprofessional and careless decision by a company executive; sad.

The battery is not working and apparently is part of a recall. I spoke with a lady on the phone who gamed me. What she said was an e-mail address to send a photo to, but it came back as "not an actual address." How should I proceed? And how do I get the photo of the charger to you to complete the necessary requirements to get a new charger? Thank you.

I purchased a Razor electric scooter E100 for my 10-year old daughter for Christmas 2012. She rode it for several months without an issue. Now when you get on the scooter and kick to start, it takes off on its own and will not stop. You do not even need to touch the throttle. The only way to stop it is to pull the brake very hard. The motor continues to run and accelerate until the scooter is completely stopped. My daughter crashed the scooter injuring her arm due to the throttle sticking. Thank God, I made her wear a helmet. I contacted Razor concerning the issue. They immediately sent me another scooter and requested me to ship the defective one back to them. Not sure what I want to do at this point. My two other children have one also. If it happens again, the outcome could be much worse.

I purchased a Razor Spark Scooter for my daughter for Christmas. This is the 3rd Razor scooter we have purchased over the years and did not have any problems with the first two other than them finally wearing out from use after about 5 years. Almost immediately, the polyurethane used on the wheels started separating from the metal core of the wheels and peeling off in 2-3 inch long strips (obviously a manufacturing defect). When I called Razor, they told me that the warranty does not cover the wheels even when a manufacturing defect is involved. So I returned the scooter to Walmart where I purchased it and they gladly accepted the return of the scooter and refunded the full purchase price. They also told me that they are no longer carrying the scooter because of numerous complaints about the urethane separating from the wheels. They also told me that their complaints to Razor were also being ignored.

A MX350 electric dirt bike was purchased and the problems started. First, the rear wheel internal drive system hung up and had to be replaced at my expense. Now, the speed control is having a problem and with a fully charged battery, the bike just creeps along. Bottom line is that Razor has no sympathy for their consumers and thus, all consumers should not buy their products.

I too have an E175 razor scooter I purchased over two years ago for my daughter. She rode it for awhile and then got tired of always having to charge it! We misplaced the charger for awhile and when we found it, we charged the battery accordingly and it ran for about 15 minutes each time. My husband phoned Razor explaining that my daughter hasn't even rode the scooter much and we just can't understand why the battery doesn't take a good charge. I would think the life expectancy of the battery would be longer. I got frustrated in thinking I have to pay $40.00 + shipping cost $15.00 for a new battery that may not last either.

Their customer service doesn't offer any compensation at all! They explain that a battery may not recharge after setting for too long or it could be the battery charger. What is a consumer to do? I'm glad I came across this website to voice my frustrations. I too hate to spend the money! I do believe I might call them back and have them look at the reviews (I doubt they will compensate any of us)!

In Apirl 22, 2010, I bought 2 Razor electric scooters in the month of October 2009 for Christmas gift for my grandsons. One of the scooters worked from December 25 2009-March 2010. When I tried to return it to Walmart, I was told it only had a 90-day warranty. The battery won’t hold a charge. So now I am out of $100.00 with one scooter not working and looking for the other one to stop also.

I purchased a Razor pocket mod electric scooter for my child. The grip twist throttle, which accelerates the scooter, sticks. The scooter travels very quickly, and it is a scary out-of-control feeling when you cannot get this to stop. The break does stop it or slow it down depending on the pressure you use. But our throttle stuck so bad that the scooter just drives by itself almost the entire time.

Razor is aware of this problem on their scooters. They actually have a troubleshooting guide on the website (This troubleshooting did not come in our scooter package.), and it states that if throttle sticks, then use the break to slow it down. This is an older child's toy; this should not be happening. They are aware that it happens, but they do not do any thing to fix it. This is a brain injury waiting to happen.

I've purchased a second hand Razor E300 electric scooter from Goodwill Industries. In contacting the manufacturer to purchase a needed replacement part, they have informed me that my scooter was recalled in 2005 under CPSC #05-193. They further say in part, "Thank you for your email. This unit was under Recall and we cannot support it. It was never to be put back on the street. The original owner of the unit received a brand new unit. Sorry, please destroy the unit."

In checking the wording of the recall notice, I find that it was a voluntary recall by Razor and states that the consumers should stop using the product and contact Razor for a "free repair". The notice does not specify that the "consumer" must be the original purchaser, and since my unit has not been repaired per their own email nor removed from use since I was able to repurchase it from a legitimate secondhand retailer, I feel the manufacturer is unfairly setting limits on insuring that a defective product they sold to the public is either removed and destroyed or repaired to a safe standard as the recall suggests can be accomplished via a "free repair".

Furthermore, since it is obvious that Razor did not insure removal of the product I have from use, then I believe there may be more still in use by unknowing secondhand consumers such as myself.

Instead of dealing with the fact that they still have recalled product in use and taking reasonable steps to remedy that fact, Razor has placed the burden of insuring that their product is removed from service by instructing me, the secondhand consumer, to destroy the unit. This would not only penalize me for its cost I've paid to Goodwill Industries in good faith, but will also cost me the parts and labor I put into the unit prior to learning of its recall status and will further penalize me to lawfully dispose of the sealed lead acid batteries it contains.

I find this situation to be completely unreasonable and feel that had Razor taken appropriate steps in 2005 to insure the product’s repair or destruction, I would not now be in this dispute with them. I've asked Razor to either supply me the needed repair parts, replace the scooter or compensate me for my reasonable expenses due to their failure to remove the product from being resold. At the time of this complaint, they have refused any resolution that involves their participation.

I bought a Razor E-175 for my nephew in December. It has worked for 7months and now will not charge. I paid over $100 for this scooter. The warranty is only 90days per the company. I took it to a battery shop and they said it is not the batter probably the charger. A new charger is around $25.

I an complaining because this national company with million of children using their products has a horrible warranty problem. I would not have bought the item had I known it had such a short warranty. I think a one year warranty is reasonable. Economic, I have to spend money to get to scooter working after only 7 months of use. Physical, a 9 year old boy doesn't get to ride his scooter. How sad.

Razor company did not want to give me an exchange within one day of purchase. The scooter was defective, but they insisted me to go through help on the phone as to how to fix the problem which I did not want to. I had bought the scooter from Pep Boys. Both Pep Boys and Razor are very harsh companies. They don't care about customers. Finally, with much argument, I got my money back. I really wanted the scooter for my son. However, they would rather give me the money back than do an exchange. I will never shop at Razor or Pep Boys.

12 year old Child received 3rd degree burn on leg when leg came in contact with rear wheel brake. Brake had become super-hot after about 3 minutes of child playing with scooter. There are no warning labels on brake, scooter or owners manual warning about the heat that can be generated by the foot brake,

3rd degree burns on leg. Unknown what scarring will occur as a result.

Bought the Scooter at PEP BOY's in Raleigh, NC for my son's christmas. After unpacking and charging as per the instructions the Razor E300 would not opperate as advertized it carried my son (90 lbs) for maybe 5 minutes and never reached mor that 5 MPH. I though it had not reached a full charge so we connected the charger again and charged it untill the indicator light showed it was complete and charged.

I called the Razor Consumer Service and never got through "Do to our large volume of calls" all I ever got was the recording after holding for long periods of time on multipul occassions. I also complained through their WEB Site and never got a response. It was and remains a disappointing experience for me and my family I still have the POS in my garage and I would appreciate my money back the Razor Company obviously gets away with ripping off customers by simply not responding to the many issues they have with their products. It must be the new American way, quality and customer service are things of the past for companys like this.

I bought the Pocket Mod Electric Scooter on April 11th 2007. 3 Days after I received it the valve stem pulled out of the tube while trying to inflate the tire. They did replace the tube tire and rim. received it 4/19. Then on or about the 22nd I noticed that the battery didnt seem to be holding a charge. I again contacted them on 6/01 and they said they would send me a new battery. How ever they said they were back odered until the end of June. I did receive a battery on the 21st and after charging it a full 8 hrs as recommended by them it still has no power.

This product is defective from the factory and since I did not purchase it from there web site they say it cannot be returned.I received it with no apparent damage in shipping. What kind of a Company would sell a product that is defective and has no recourse for compensation. Razor.Com is a RIP-OFF do not buy there products. PS I forgot to mention that the only service center in Wash is 200 miles away. I am a senior and do not drive.

I bought 2 electric scooters for $400.00. The battery in one of them would not work right away so it was covered under the warranty, but it took 6 months to get one because they were out of stock when I first called, then they got some in but immediatly were out of stock again. The other scooter was only ridden 2 times during the winter and a few more in April and May (we live in Ohio) before the battery went bad in it, but the warranty was over by then (it is only 90 days).Razor will not replace the battery in the second scooter without charging me even though they clearly have a problem with their batteries.

I'm just writing to let you know that it's not only the electric razor scooter that the handlebars can break and detach, it is also the regular non-electric type. I just saw the recall in a "Women's Day" magazine and two days later my son was riding his and the handlebar completely snapped off the base.

I have had two problems with an E100 Razor scooter. The first problem is with the batteries. The unit would no longer work because the wire broke of at the battery. These wires are fed directly into the side of the battery. The wire broke off flush to the battery(poor design). The second problem is the recall of the battery charger. The recall says it is on PowerMax chargers.I called Razor and they said if my charger doesn't say PowerMax, it is not part of the recall. Well, my charger only says it is a class 2 transformer(no brand name)...but even with the battery problem corrected, the scooter still doesn't charge. I'm wondering if its the charger.

Razor Scooters Company Profile