3.94/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Pampers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Pampers Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2010

I am a 56-year-old disabled woman. I began using the Pampers wipes to clean myself after using the bathroom and developed a burn and a yeast infection. This started in mid-June 2010 and I stopped using them immediately. It was so bad that I had to go to the doctor on July 1. He prescribed Fluconazole 200 mg once a day for seven days. The yeast infection seems to have cleared up, but the burn has not improved at all. It is all over my bottom and up in the front as well. I fell in November 2009 and broke my leg in several places, including my hip and femur bone.

I am unable to see this area or treat it on my own, so I'm relying on friends and family to come over and help me. It's a terribly embarrassing situation. I have used Balmex and Hydrocortisone cream, as well as other diaper rash creams. Nothing is helping. I have searched the internet, but cannot find any information about the wipes, only the diapers causing these problems. I did see something on the news about the wipes, and several other people have told me they saw it as well. The pain is severe, especially when I have to urinate. If it doesn't improve in the next few days, I will be going to the emergency room for help. I have spent in excess of $200 so far, and this ordeal is not over yet. I am on a fixed income (disability) and live alone, so this has been a financial hardship on me.

Original review: July 29, 2010

My daughter is almost 11 months old and has never had any type of diaper rash until I started using the Pampers Dry Max diapers. We have been to the doctor and are on prescription cream now after suffering a severe burn type diaper rash that then turned into a yeast infection on top of it. I have spent almost 100.00 dollars on otc creams as well to coat her bottom while it heals. She screamed and shook while going to the bathroom because she was in so much pain. We can't go swimming or pretty much leave the house until the rash gets better since I have to leave her bottom exposed as much as we can.

This has been horrible for her and I to go thru. I had loved Pampers diapers. She is my fourth child but I will never use them again. We are in organic hypoallergentic Huggies now. I cant' believe Pampers is not stepping up the plate and doing something about this obvious problem. I am disappointed and outraged so many babies are suffering because of this baby dry max stuff! Who needs a diaper to be guaranteed for 12 hours anyways? I don't know of a baby who sleeps that long in one stretch anyways! I have spent on copays and scripts and otc meds more than 100.00 dollars in last week. Plus had to go buy new diapers and have a ton of pampers baby max dry just sitting in the closet!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 27, 2010

I was so excited to buy a box of "good" diapers for my 13 month old son. We have only used SAMSs club brand Cheapies on him (which actually work pretty well) but I had a great coupon for Pampers and thought I would treat him to a better diaper. Within a day, a rash appeared on his inner thighs and area in front that a diaper would cover. We have used various no name brands since he was born and he never had a diaper rash of any kind. I thought it might have been related to something he ate, but the rash continued.

Then my brother mentioned that he switched his baby to Huggies after the Pamper recall. I couldn't find any info on the Pampers website regarding a recall, but have read up on hundreds of complaints. I have a huge box of wasted diapers now and I think I am going to call customer service for Pampers tomorrow and complain. I have switched back to the old diapers, but it is taking awhile for the rash to subside.

Original review: July 25, 2010

I've used Pampers on both my kids (28 months and 12 months) forever now. I bought a box of Dry Max and my daughter has what looks like a permanent burn mark on the diaper line on her right butt cheek. It's been there almost a month now, nothing seems to make it go away. Is this a chemical burn others were referring too? This is the first, I'm hearing of the recall? What can we do as consumers?

Original review: July 25, 2010

When my first child was born, we tried all the diaper brands out there and liked Pampers the best, so we knew with our new baby we were going to use them. The hospital used Huggies on her and also supplied us with enough diapers for the first week. My daughter was born very small and we soon realized that we needed preemie diapers for her. My mom bought the 3 major brands not knowing which one we wanted. I used up the first two so that we could save the best for last, Pampers. She had developed a little normal rash just because she was messing so often, but it went away.

Then she developed the burn rash as soon as we started using the Pampers, thinking it would go away like before; it didn't. It became so raw that she would bleed. I didn't think it was the diapers since it was just on her bottom. I later noticed that her skin would just be red (no blisters) around her legs and torso; that's when I started thinking it was the diapers. Plus, she had the rash for almost 3 weeks and no ointment would work. It was confirmed when I ran out of Pampers and used a package of Huggies, given as a gift. The rash cleared in less than a day.

It breaks my heart to know that my newborn, from her 2 to 4 weeks of life was in so much pain. She would cry terribly every diaper change and yelp for a couple of minutes after. Pampers needs to discontinue making their diapers this way!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?

Original review: July 24, 2010

We tried the free sample cruisers that come in 104 Ct. box of 12-hour Pampers, and my son developed a severe rash and blister on this area. He has never had, not even a hint of, diaper rash before or after this incident. I don't believe that Pampers is being vigilant enough in letting people know of the dangers to kids.

Original review: July 22, 2010

My son has been using the same Pampers Baby Dry diapers for months now. The last pack we bought was last week and he started a rash a few days ago.

Today, it looks like a burn the shape of the diaper. We tried creams, cornstarch, no wipes, washing the area every diaper change, cloth diapers and letting air to get to the area. Nothing is working.

We have always changed his diaper every 2 hours. We were shocked when it showed up within a couple of hours of changing him. We lost $80, including the $38 pack and the other items to help sooth the issue... plus the pain and suffering.

Original review: July 21, 2010

Ever since Pampers improved their Cruisers line with the new innovative protection, my son has been dealing with a severe diaper rash. The school nurse just called and said that it's appearing to become yeasty. I can't control this rash at all and the Cruisers are the only ones that come in his size. At least from what I've been able to find.

My son's rash is so bad that Triple Paste cannot cure it and now with the yeast infection added to it, I just don't know what to do. I've tried forcing potty training because I wanted him out of the need for these Cruisers. Now, my son fights with me anytime I take him near the potty. I'm at my wits end! And my poor son is in complete discomfort!

Original review: July 20, 2010

I bought the Pampers Dry Max for my son and after the second day, he started to get a rash. My son hasn't had a rash since he was an infant. I bought the regular pampers and his rash cleared up right away. So I was out $25 that I used to buy the Dry Max Pampers and my son had an itchy rash that he scratched until he broke the skin.

Original review: July 19, 2010

We have been using pampers for three years now with two kids. My 18 month old never experienced diaper rashes until we started using the Dry Max diapers. He now has huge welts on his bottom and there is no ointment strong enough to help. We switched to organic Huggies for one week to see if that helped, when the rash cleared, we switched back to pampers and the rash immediately came back. P&G needs to accept responsibility and reformulate these diapers. There are too many infants/toddlers suffering.

Original review: July 19, 2010

I have been a loyal Pampers user for four years and two kids, until Dry Max. We had no problem with the first box--no leaks, no rash. Different story with the next box: My two-year old son now gets welts on the sides of his legs (where the tabs are). They are red, raised bumps that are itchy and have even bled. Also, the new absorbency is awful. It's fine during the day, but if he sleeps on his back, he wets through at night (which didn't happen with the older version). I have switched brands. I know it's the diapers causing the rash (I tried a few things to make sure).

Original review: July 16, 2010

I was changing my 8-week-old daughter's diaper using Pampers Swaddlers size 2. Upon opening the diaper, my mother and I spotted a piece of needle almost an inch long in the seam of the diaper. I did not feel safe using the rest of the box and buying diapers from Pampers brand again. It concerns me the extent of a wound my daughter could have suffered if we had not seen the piece of needle almost about 1/2 inch to an inch long. Now I’m wondering if there were any before in her diapers that actually stuck to her or touched her skin.

Original review: July 15, 2010

After switching to Pampers Dry Max from regular Pampers, my 15-month old granddaughter had welts and red bumps on her bottom. A baby that has never had diaper rash of any kind in her short life. She began fighting a diaper change, trying to remove her own diaper etc. We have switched to a different brand and overnight, the rash has improved. P&G, step up and take responsibility!

Original review: July 14, 2010

I began using Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max only a few days ago. Since then, my daughter has developed welts, dry and peeling skin. It is obviously painful because she screams when we go to change her diaper. I called Pampers today and reported the problem. They said they would reimburse me for the box of diapers.

Original review: July 13, 2010

My 6 month old daughter has had a terrible rash on her privates and inner thighs. I have tried applying ointments but no change in the rash. My mother called me tonight and told me she saw something on the local news about Pampers with Dry Max causing these horrible rashes. After realizing that I use these diapers for my daughter, she realized that it must be the cause. Unfortunately, I have bought an entire brand new case of Pampers. Now what? With no recall or anything I have almost 100 useless diapers. Not to mention the fact that I have to purchase another brand.

Original review: July 13, 2010

I just became aware of the Pampers Dry Max complaints. I had a few of these sent to me in the mail and tried them on my daughter. She broke out in a severe rash. She has been known to be sensitive, so I didn't think too much about it. I had always used regular Pampers. So now that I see the uproar of others with the same effect, I do believe this needs to be pulled off the market and further tested!

Original review: July 12, 2010

We have been using Pampers products for my one year old. We bought cruisers and they definitely have a problem. My son has started getting severe diaper rashes. At first, I thought this may be just a chance. We have started using Huggies and they are good. Please note, I would have never changed my brand if it were not for rashes. I used Pampers wipes but Huggies Diapers. Please do something about it.

Original review: July 9, 2010

I used diapers for the first 2 years of my son's life. He never once had a diaper rash. As soon as these Dry Max diapers came out, he began getting extremely bad diaper rashes. They are blisters and extremely painful. He screams every time I have to change his diaper. As soon as we switched to Huggies, he began to heal again.

Original review: July 9, 2010

The new Drymax diapers are not working for us. We have to use many more diapers, since they only last for about three hours. My nanny, hubbie and I all have found that they leak terribly. All in all, this is not a good product. I have switched brands. I had to use more diapers, which cost me more and also creates more landfill. Double the diapers = double the trash.

Original review: July 9, 2010

Since Pampers has switched to their new dry max brand, my son has had terrible diaper rash to the point of screaming during changes. We had to slather him with diaper cream to provide a barrier. Once switching from Pampers, my son no longer had the rash.

Original review: July 8, 2010

My daughter is 8 months old. About 2 months ago, I switched to pampers. My baby got this horrible rash. I thought it was a diaper rash until it started blistering up. We used Nistantin and Vaseline and changed her diet. I was finally told about the whole pamper thing. I switched back to Huggies and the rash is now clearing up! I’ve spent so much money using them trying to get rid of this rash! The diapers need to be taken off the shelf ASAP!

Original review: July 7, 2010

My five-month old daughter developed a bright red rash on her labia three weeks ago. Being a new mom, I assumed she had her first diaper rash and began treating it with Desitin. After a week, it was continuing to worsen and I brought her to the pediatrician. She said it was a "contact irritation" and prescribed an antifungal for the mild redness in her thigh area. Although I followed the doctor's instructions, the rash worsened and became blistered. Becoming desperate, I tried to remove things that were recently introduced into her diet. No resolution. The rash continued to worsen and spread. Oatmeal baths, changing diapers every 30 minutes, Desitin, A+D ointment, Aveeno diaper rash cream, California Babies diaper rash cream—nothing helped! (Not to mention the amount of money spent on different products).

We have used Pampers since she was in the hospital, but I just switched to size 3, which contained Dry Max. This past Sunday, I realized it must be the diapers and purchased Size 2 without Dry Max and the rash is starting to go away. Finally. I decided to look online and saw that this is a major problem for many people. I am thankful that I figured out the problem, but kinda upset that my doctor wasn't aware of this and we had to go through this for three weeks.

Original review: July 6, 2010

I love Pampers and they work for my son, however, my only complaint is that the tabs on the diapers come off too easily. I find myself putting tape on them just to keep them on. I have returned packs to get new ones, but there are always at least 2-3 diapers that are damaged. I don't want to switch brands, but I feel I might have to.

The only damage is that I have to waste money, because I can't get full use out of one diaper. I go through diaper quicker, because of the faulty tabs.

Original review: July 6, 2010

I used Pampers Drymax and my son now has 4-inch welt/burn where the diaper elastic was (both sides of the bottom and thigh areas). I called Pampers and they assured me it was not from them and there was no recall. However, they were quick to get my info and address, saying they will reimburse me and a member of their safety team will call me in two-three weeks!!! They also said they haven't had many complaints, but the internet has thousands. Why hasn’t there been a recall when this is harming our kids?

Original review: July 5, 2010

My grandson, who almost never has diaper rash, has big blisters caused by Pampers Dry Max. The first time he developed blisters, we quit using them. He cleared up. Several weeks later, we decided to try again with the diapers we had left. He now has blisters again. They need to be removed from the shelf.

Original review: July 5, 2010

This was a 72 count of Pampers Baby Dry. Every one of them were frayed at the front where the pamper went across the belly because of this I had to change the baby before the pamper was fully used.

Original review: July 3, 2010

I bought Pampers Cruzers for my 20-month old baby. After wearing them for 4 hours, he had a huge painful welt on his butt. He was screaming, crying, and walking bow-legged. Pampers needs to recall the max dry's; they are soaking all the moisture from the baby!

Original review: July 1, 2010

My daughter had been using the Pampers Baby Dry diapers on my granddaughter for a long time, but this last pack caused major chemical burns/welts that are still appearing more than 3 days after discontinuing the diapers, and despite Prednisone and Benadryl. I don't know what they're putting in the diapers, but this has turned into a scary ordeal for us.

Original review: June 29, 2010

I just decided to try the Pampers Dry Max Cruisers for my 19 month old son and he came down with a terrible diaper rash. My new born also had a diaper rash from using Pampers Swaddles with Dry Max. Painful diaper rash for my 19 month old son and new born.

Original review: June 28, 2010

Pampers are causing burns and blisters on my grandchild. Pampers needs to recall all diapers.

Pampers Company Information