4.0/5 (401 ratings)

About Pampers

Pampers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2012

I brought 2 large boxes of new born Pampers from Sam's for a baby shower gift. When the mother started using the Pampers, she got a bad box the tape on the Pampers wouldn't stick. I paid too much for these diapers and couldn't exchange them. Highly upset! I love the name Pampers for new born babies.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2012

I have always been a satisfied customer with Pampers' products. I have 2 kids of my own, and I only used Pampers diapers and wipes, nothing else! I recently bought some newborn diapers for my babysitter, as a gift for her and her baby. When she opened the package, she found that a few of the diapers was not usable, due to some tears in the diapers. Can you help replace this product, because the store would not take it back, because of the package already being opened.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2012

I am not sure if am writing the right person. I have bought a box of size 4 diapers and all but about ten of them the tabs were falling off. I have never had this happen to me before. I have used Pampers with my son who is now 8 and now using them with my daughter. The store would not exchange them. They told me to email Pampers. I hope to here from you soon.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2012

I have a baby of 19 months. Up to now, I have always been pretty happy with Pampers nappies. That's until this morning. I'm using Pampers Simply Dry. I changed my baby at 7.30. By the time I changed her again at 9, the nappy had all the crystal bits falling out of it, covering the baby's body so badly that she needed to be bathed. Same thing happened an hour and a half later.

Certainly, it would not be convenient if I was out somewhere. Also, if your paying a good price for nappies, you expect a bit better outcome. I would never bother complaining normally. but this morning's mess was not desirable.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2012

My 23 month old son never had a diaper rash, until I purchased Pampers dry max size 4. I am between potty training, and using diapers, and have recently started using Pampers pull ups also. From birth, I stuck with seventh generation diapers. I even bought the trainers, and I wish I would have never changed the brand. Diapers can become expensive, and a case only lasts 3-4 weeks. Trying to save money, I now have to deal with a terrible rash that doesn't seem to want to go away soon. I change my son after he goes once or twice.

Still, he has developed a rash on the back of his thigh, around the lining of the diaper. These diapers are headed to the trash. As consumers, we need put pressure on these companies like Pampers, Huggies, and standard store brands to stop producing diapers with chemicals that cause burns like and itchy rashes that scar our children! Start buying chlorine free, or cloth diapers, because no diaper should contain harsh ingredients! Watch their sales go down! I am demanding a ban on skin irritating chemicals in all diapers!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2011

My grandson had Pampers diapers break and he was covered in the beads and ingested some. His skin was severely damaged for a month. I am pursuing a resolution. The company could care less! We were reimbursed for the cost of diapers and was sent a $1.00 coupon for Olay Skin Care. What is wrong with this horrible company? Take action people, do not let them get away with this. Huggies is the only product anyone can trust!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2011

I have been buying Pampers for over 20 years. I still buy them for my foster children. The last two boxes that I have bought have had tabs that break and really seem to leak. Hopefully you can help me find a way to fix this problem because I buy a lot of diapers and would like to continue to. This is leaving the children to play in their diaper and make a mess. In return I have to do more laundry and that costs more. These kids have enough to live with; let's at least have a good diaper for them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2011

I have been buying Pampers diapers since my little one was born. She is currently 14 months and is wearing size 4 diapers. Ever since I buy size number 4 diapers, I only experience problems with the nappies. Not only is it leaking but the jelly that forms in the inside just seems to fall out. Some of the nappies comes thorn out of the package (when we open the nappy to put it on the hard unformed jelly on the inside fell out). This is not the first pack of nappies that I experience this problems and also not the first time that I send in a complaint. The previous time was when we were on holiday far from malls or any shops to buy nappies. So I had to use all the nappies I had and did not keep the package they asked for unused nappies and the barcode on the pack which I did not had. So nothing was done about it.

This is really inconvenient and very embarrassing the incident with the jelly that fell out of the nappy happened in Checkers, and of course all eyes were on us. I did not know what to do. We just left the shop. All Pampers products are of good quality and excellent products, and as I said I’ve been using it for over a year now and would like to keep on using it as I am not fond of other baby products. But at this stage of time I am very upset with the Pamper nappies and is considering it to move to something else. I would appreciate a response on this and for it to be taken up so that this problem can be solved with the nappies.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2011

My grandson developed a severe redness and blisters on his butt and sac, used pampers swaddles, got 2 prescriptions from Dr., soaked his butt and kept him try, and aired his butt out. Stopped using pampers baby wipes also changed from a&d ointment to balmex ,would clear up and put pampers back on and sure enough it was the Pampers swadlers diaper. My daughter changed his brand and the chemical burn not a rash cleared right up. This was devastating to us and so painful for my precious grandson to have to go through!

Please don't use Pampers on your baby! Please these diapers should be recalled and taken off the market. They have a terrible chemical smell and that chemical caused a chemical burn on my grandson! Please tell everyone you know who has a baby! Don't want this to happen to another baby!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2011

I bought bulk nappies, and some packets contained nappies without sticky tabs. I wasted a lot of money, and some bags of nappies donated were unusable.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2011

We have been using Pampers since our daughter was born. She is now 20 months old. We started with the swaddlers and are now in the size 4. The last two boxes we have bought have tabs that don't stick or rip off, have a weird odor to them and she has had a rash from them. We purchased a Huggies brand overnight diaper. She was suddenly soaking the bed every night, and those work great! They are soft, stay in place, and her rash starts to clear up overnight. Then we put the Pampers back on her in the morning and it flares up again. What is going on with these diapers? We, as consumers, spend a lot of money on diapers and we are certainly not getting what we are paying for!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2011

The sticky tabs on the sides of the nappies were pulling off as I was putting the nappies on my son. I would have just left it if it happened once or twice but it didn't. It's happened several times. It's very expensive to keep having to go out and buy new nappies when only on a very low budget when ideally you expect the ones you previously buy to last and not have to throw away!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2011

My daughter is 11 months and I'm freaking out because after using Pampers size 4 diapers, her vaginal area was swollen, red and bleeding. After the first days I just figured it was a little irritated and I'd apply some ointment but then over the next couple of days the rash spread and got worse. It went from looking like red bumps to a dark brown discolored rash. I'm so disgusted that my child has to go through the pain and discomfort after using the products. Since then I've went back to Huggies diapers and will never switch to anything else ever again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2011

My son will be three in February, and we have been using Pampers since he was born. We have never had any problems until this last box we bought. It is the Pampers baby dry size 5. Has any thing changed in the last month? Because, they are leaking every time he wets in them. I have to change his clothes at least three or four times a day. I had to put two on him at night and when we go shopping, and they still are leaking. It is like they are not absorbing. I hope that if things has changed, they change back. I do not want to quit buying them because I have used Pampers on all three of my children. I am not pleased at all with this box we purchased. Hopefully, we just got a bad box and we will not have any problems in the future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2011

I have been using Pampers nappies on my daughter since she was born. She is nearly 2 now and I have noticed during the last couple of months that when putting the nappy on and doing it up, the sticky bit is ripping off. For a bit, I thought maybe it was me being heavy handed when doing it up, but then the child minder mentioned the same problem to me. It made me think that it ain't me, it's the nappies. I am not happy about this because when u buy them in boxes, you're only getting the half of what you paid for .

Original review: Oct. 26, 2011

I received a box of Pampers Newborn Swaddlers as a gift for my baby shower. Being my first child and having a variety of diapers, I decided early on to "rotate" through the diapers we had received to see which brands we preferred. The last brand I was rotating through was the Pampers.

The first few diapers, I noticed this strange smell almost "chemical-like" and had noticed my sons diaper area with a redness and swollen look to it. And each time I went to pick up my son, I could tell when he had urinated because the smell from the diapers was so strong. I finally went back to the other brand of diapers I preferred because being a first time mother I knew that something was not right.

It is very scary and upsetting that my son was just a week old and he had to be exposed to this type of smell and ingredient in his diaper. We contacted the company and they requested two of the diapers for "further testing" and is sending coupons for more diapers but after thinking about it I am not sure if we will ever try this brand of diapers again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2011

My 2-year-old daughter has never had a diaper rash in her little life. Then, we purchased the size 3 Pampers Cruisers and she became red and blistery. We went to her pediatrician on two separate occasions and they gave her prescriptions for her rash. I had size 4 in her "go bag" for when we went out of town. The rash cleared up significantly until we came home and used the size 3 again. The rash came back in full force. I am appalled that a diaper could contain something that could hurt my child to this degree!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2011

I bought a big box that had 156 diapers in them. Most of the diapers only have one tab on them. The box of diapers was pretty expensive for the tabs to not be on them. I bought the big box so I wouldn't have to buy sooner. I use them on a 19 month old and a 9 month old. So I go through them pretty quickly. I am not very happy about this.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2011

I have been using Pampers for my daughter since she was born. She is only eight months old. I got up last night to change and feed her and the diaper had ripped in the front on the top. It leaked all over her pj's and all of the tiny plastic balls from inside the diaper were all over her--they were inside her pajamas and stuck to her. I freaked out a little because I didn't know what it was at first. It was awful. I guess maybe I will switch to Huggies. I am just glad that she had feety pajamas on that was buttoned because if she got any of that plastic in her mouth, it could have made her sick or something even worse than that.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2011

I have an 11 month old daughter, who never had a diaper rash. I have always used Huggies diapers and last Wednesday, the store was out of the size 3 Huggies, so I grabbed a box of Pampers.

By Thursday afternoon, I noticed a small red patch in my daughters diaper area, ok no big deal, I put Desitin on it and it should be gone. Next diaper change, the spot got bigger. Over the course of 6 days with frequent diaper changes and constant creams, powders, ointments this spot went from a dime size red spot to a full blown rash.

By the 6th night, her genitals, bottom and insides of her thighs were red and swollen. I got online and searched "pampers diaper rash" and Omg, when I saw the words "chemical burn" I rushed to the store, bought some Huggies, pulled her out of bed to change her into the Huggies and by the next morning her rash was pink, not swollen and she didn't scream when I was changing her.

I cannot believe that with all these complaints nothing has been done about this. The articles I have read all say that there was no link between the two, but I have witnessed it first hand and will never use any style of Pampers again and will spread the word.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2011

I have been using Pampers since my son was born. The first issue was, we bought a box of size 3 cruisers and in the box was 20 size 4s. This was just annoying since he was no where near wearing size 4s. The main issue is, with the next box I purchased was the new size 4 cruisers with dry max. He wore them for two nights and we noticed he had blisters and redness all over his buttocks. The blisters were popping and bleeding. He could not sit down or walk.

Eventually, this lead to a fever and massive infection. We brought him to the emergency room, where he was treated for the infection. They asked if we had changed diapers and I had said Pampers changed their product and this was the result. He has always worn cruisers and now this happens. He was in so much pain and needed pain medication round the clock. He is only 12 months old and should not be suffering from this much pain due to diapers. It has been over three weeks and 5 different antibiotics and the rash is finally looking better. We ended up switching to baby dry, although he leaks through these at night, they do not cause a rash. I do not want to switch diapers, but I might have to due to the switch. Seeing my son in so much pain put a lot of stress on the household and took a lot of time from work and his play.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2011

My husband got Pampers Swaddlers diapers. I opened the package and put a diaper on my daughter. An hour later, I was ready to go to town, so I pick up my baby and I could smell something very strong--a pungent odor coming from her diaper, I can't explain the odor; it was like paint thinner or perfume that didn't smell good. It was gagging me, because the odor was so strong. It was horrible so I immediately took her into her room to change her, thinking maybe there was something on her pants or top (while thinking there is no way I can keep all of her stuff very clean and am very, very picky about every little thing with her).

I took the wet diaper off and that was where the stench was coming from. So I grabbed a second diaper out of the freshly opened pack and it smelled just as bad. So I grabbed a third and a fourth, and each one had that horrible smell. I have used Pampers or Huggies since my daughter was born. And it has been one thing after another. But this is seriously life-threatening. That smell was so bad, and I don't know what was in the diapers. But I sure would like to find out if it is going to cause my daughter problems in the future. As for me, I am so fed up with all the problems that I am switching to cloth and I will care for my child the best way I can think of.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2011

I bought my daughter size 2 Pampers Swaddlers. With every diaper, even when she only urinates a little bit, weird pieces were stuck to her that looked like chunks of sugar. It's really irritating and it's hard to get them off, especially because they are everywhere.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2011

I recently opened and started using Pampers Dry Max diapers that my grandmother purchased for me. I usually use the Pampers Baby Dry, but thought nothing of a different type of diaper from the same company would be causing any issues. However, within two days of using the new type of diaper, my son experienced a rash and what looked like broken blisters or chemical burns on his genital area. I did some research online about rashes and blistering and a bunch of complaints about Pampers Dry Max diapers causing similar reactions came up. I immediately stopped using the Dry Max diapers. My son's rash and blisters have gotten much better over the last few days. I am just amazed that so many parents have had similar issues with the same brand and type, yet it is still on the market! I will not be buying their product any longer!

Since the diapers were a gift, I don't have a receipt, so I couldn't get a refund for my dissatisfaction or my son's discomfort. However, the money back is not as much important as getting this product off the market so it doesn't cause any more helpless babies and children pain!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2011

I have been buying Pampers diapers for some time. I have an 11-month-old daughter. I bought baby dry pack number 5. I placed the diaper on her at night.

In the morning, I was changing her and I saw a black head long metal pin was in the diaper. The metal pin was in the cushion and you can see only the black top of it. Thank God she is fine and did not get hurt. I am extremely mad about this because my precious daughter's life was at stake here.

I still have the pin and I'm going to contact the corporate office.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2011

I have been using Pampers new baby diapers for the past 4 months. Recently, I bought a jumbo pack new baby and found the diapers to be different. There's no stretchy waist band. In fact, the diapers look exactly like that of the sleep and play. I am not very happy about this. Please, could you check up on this? The bar code on pack is POL 06/07/08 8188 4518 16.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2011

After buying new Cruisers Pampers from diapers.com (the same brand we have been buying for months), my son developed a severe rash all over his bottom and elsewhere. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I smelled the new diapers versus the old one that I had in my diaper bag and noticed a very strong fragrance. The new ones smell like powdery perfume. I can't believe that Pampers can change their product without notifying the public. I'm now stuck with $60 worth of diapers that I won't even donate to charity. I just ordered Seventh Generation. I'm disgusted at P&G for ignoring all the complaints that I have seen online. For those reading, the old Cruisers are purplish, and have small Sesame characters while the new horrific ones that caused my son much pain have stripes and big Sesame faces on the front.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2011

I have bought Pampers since day one. My daughter is now 19 months old and is in size five diapers. She gets severe diaper rash like red bumps all over her bottom and upper legs and it's very painful for her.

I then switched her from the Pampers cruisers, which were the ones giving her the rash to the Pampers baby dry. The baby dry ones are great except almost every time I put them on her, the tab breaks off then it's wasted diapers. I pay 36 to 45 dollars on each box of diapers from Sams club to Costco and Walmart and have problems with every store. The store tells me to call the company but I never get to speak with a person--it's all automated.

I would like to receive some coupons maybe for some more diapers. I have my receipts from my diaper purchases. Please, diapers are expensive and I can't afford to keep throwing away hundreds of unusable diapers.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2011

I have a two-month old baby. Since she outgrew the newborn Pampers, I switched to Pampers Active Baby 3. I change her diapers quite often. But with this product, I noticed that her clothing around her bum gets damp! So, I end up having to change her leggings, as well as her diaper, at almost every diaper change. I am switching to Huggies from now on!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2011

We just had our baby boy back in May 2011. We started using Pampers Dry Max and Swaddlers and since day one, he has had a horrible diaper rash. Diaper rash isn't even the word from the rash that he had. Red sore blisters, it was horrible. We first thought it was his formula, so we changed that but it didn't go away. Then we thought it was the wipes, we changed that but it still didn't go away. We went to the pediatrician and he gave us prescription diaper rash medicine and still the rash was not getting better.

Finally, we decided to change the diapers and within 24 hours, the rash began getting better. I think it is horrible that a company like Proctor and Gable/Pampers continue to make/sell the product the way it is. No child deserves to be put through the pain like my son did. I will never use any Pamper products ever again! Something needs to be done to get these diapers off the shelves!

Pampers Company Information