3.94/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Pampers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Pampers Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2010

I have been purchasing Pampers brand of diapers for my son since he was born, he is now 22 months old. I've refused to use any other brand on him. I have been very satisfied up until recently. I purchased Pampers Cruisers, size 3 and every single diaper falls apart! It is not the straps but the actual liner coming apart from the outer layer. Diapers are not cheap and it is very upsetting to have a whole box do this. I will probably give it one last try and if it happens again, I will be shopping for a different brand!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2010

My daughter is nearly 3 years old. I purchased size 6. There was a problem with the fastener, on several, it had fallen off. Always buy Pampers.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 30, 2010

On October 29, 2010, I purchased a package of Pampers Extra Protection size 4, 27 count from Shop Rite in Brooklawn, NJ for my 16-month-old son. The first diaper he had on for roughly an hour or so when I noticed that the gel from the inside of the diaper was coming out. The second diaper lasted roughly 2 hours before the same thing happened. At 1:00 am on October 30, I awoke to my son screaming loudly in his crib.

When I entered the room I saw him standing in his crib sobbing. Upon approaching his crib, I saw that his entire diaper had disintegrated and all of the gel inside of the diaper had come out all over his legs from his thigh to his ankle. It was also in a pile on his crib sheet. It made a mess everywhere. Since I had purchased no other diapers, I had no choice but to put on another Pampers Extra Protection diaper and wait until morning to buy something that worked.

I am very displeased with Pampers as I have had similar experiences with my other 2 sons using Pampers diapers, minus the Cruisers. I only bought the Extra Protections because I received some coupons in the mail and I had never tried them before. I'll never use them again as they are clearly obsolete. I'll return instead to using Huggies as they have worked well with all of my three boys.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2010

I haven't called Pampers to make the complaint yet but I know for a fact that their diapers has something wrong with it. This the second time my son attracted a chemical looking burn rash. He has been using this product for 14 months and then we ran out of diapers. His Day Care used a Pampers diaper 2x's and he broke out with this rash.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2010

I have been using Pampers Swaddlers since my baby was born 5 months ago and had no problems. Unfortunately, last week, I accidentally purchased Pampers Swaddlers with Dry Max. My baby had a total of 3 diaper changes in an eight-hour time period. By the last diaper change, she had the worst diaper rash I have every seen on a baby. She had a little diaper rash once before but this was red and blistery. My poor baby girl was in so much pain. It was heartbreaking. I don't know if it was a chemical burn, but I can say that my daughter had a blister where you could see that the layer of skin was missing. I immediately purchased the Swaddlers without Dry Max and five days later, she still has a blister but the rest of the rash is gone and it is healing. I feel that P&G should really take these complaints much more seriously and recall all of the diapers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2010

On September 28, 2010, I bought a box of Pampers diaper (size 2, count 96) at a Wal-Mart store. First, when I was changing my daughter's diaper, I saw some vein looking white lines all over her skin and I thought my husband put the diaper too tight and the skin was badly wrinkled; However, on the next change it had changed to some reddish rash. It's lucky she didn't go to a baby sitter that day; otherwise, I would have blamed the baby sitter causing the rash for not changing my daughter's diaper on time. I kept changing her diaper more frequently and watching her closely. That night my daughter kept waking up and crying unusually may be it was burning her. I didn't realize it was caused by the diaper until I saw it getting worse as I kept watching and treating her to avoid her from sitting on a wet diaper. She never had a diaper rash. This is the first time it ever happened to her. Therefore, I do not want to continue using this set of diapers and may be no more Pampers diapers.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2010

I've tried to get my monies. The company hasn't protected me. It sounds crazy but I put on the contract. My name would be Seven Samuel **, just like the number. I need my monies in full. I had strawberry blonde hair on the logo. I believe it was in California. Please help them find me and get me my monies. I signed a paper saying Mark could cash it for me. But I've been aggravatingly robbed in other lives and made sign people over monies. I need my monies. Please investigate every life. The company said the individuals would protect me. They haven't yet. Please investigate. Thank you. This is his mother. Please help him get his monies. He was supposed to get it at 18 and he needs it in full.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2010

I used the Dry Max diapers and caused a rash. I also switched back to the regular diapers because you get more in the box. After 3 hours, my daughter was waking up with soaking wet clothes and sheets.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2010

Since my son was born, I've used Pampers nappies. As he was growing older, he developed many of weeping sore blisters on his bum. He would cry in the middle of the night with the pain he was in. At times, he would go over to my sofa and put his arms on the sofa where he lay his head and cried with the pain from his bum. He has had many, many hours without wearing a nappy as I've tried always to let the air get to his bum to clear up the open wounds! I first of all thought it may be the cream I was using but thought this strange as I had used the same cream on him since he was born, even know in my heart I knew it wasn't the cream. I still paid very good money out on different creams to try and correct the problem. The problem still remained!

On and off as time has passed by, I've still bought Pampers nappies but they have been all different brands of Pampers nappies me thinking they are a good make and one must be fine with his skin! My son is now two and has now developed a severe rash all up his legs on his lower back and even on his arms! I've seen my doctor today who had to prescribed me with a much stronger cream that has steroids in the cream to clear the infection as the prior cream I tried to clear this up simply wasn't touching the rash as it was that bad.

I've had my suspicions the nappies over time hence me switching different brands of nappies but on and off the problems still were there! I have always washed my sons lower parts with plain water and cotton wool not to aggravate the skin even more so I knew it wasn't anything in a wet wipe as I don't use them on his lower areas! The latest brand I bought was simply dry, paid a lot of money for a box of them. My god, worse thing I done. It's since he has been wearing this brand that this rash all over his legs arms and lower back has appeared, not to mention he doesn't have to wear them long before the nappy leaks crystals all over the carpets. He is a toddler so runs around a lot by the time. I catch him to get the nappy off him. The crystals are everywhere, not to mention stuck to his skin.

When I think of all the times I tried different brands of Pampers and different creams and I think of all the times my son was crying in pain and couldn't walk properly due to weeping wounds and bright red sore bums, I am so very annoyed with this brand. Why is nothing being done about this? Pampers are very quick in taking customer's money for they're supposed to be trusted brand and instead they have lost our trust and left us with children in pain. It's so wrong! Something needs to be done and done fast.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2010

Whenever we change a diaper, there are white crystals on our baby's skin. These crystals seem to be coming out of the inner lining of the diaper. They seem to be harmless, but it takes extra time to clean them off.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2010

I have been using Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Cruisers for all my kids approximately 4 years. My 16-month old daughter developed a rash that wouldn't go away. I have a newborn as well who developed a rash so severe that she had blisters on her bottom. The rash was everywhere the diaper touched her, belly, back, bottom, etcetera. Whatever change they made with their formula has adverse effect on my kids and am now shopping for another brand.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2010

I purchased Dry Max Pampers for my 6-month old daughter around the end of June 2010. My daughter experienced some redness around her vaginal area. I quickly returned them to the store and exchanged them for Pampers Baby Dry, the kind I had always used for eight years on all four of my children along with Pampers Cruisers with out the Dry Max formula. I was an avid Pampers supporter, being very careful what was being introduced to my babies sensitive skin with three of them suffering with eczema.

Around the beginning of August, my husband made the mistake of purchasing Cruisers with the Dry Max formula again which I decided to try once again thinking it may not have been the Pampers. Once again redness appeared and I quickly stopped use of Dry Max Cruisers that same day and went back to Pampers Baby Dry. The next day her vaginal area, rectal area, around her waist line and back and even her belly button were all an angry beefy red color and very itchy. She cried and grabbed in pain.

Keeping in contact with her pediatrician's office. We tried Nystatin cream--didn't work, Miconazole cream--didn't work and with a visit to her pediatrician-- clotrimazole cream was prescribed and is now not working. Use of each different cream yielded some relief in the beginning of each use but ending with redness and continued itching. A phone call will be put in to her pediatrician's office on tomorrow which will be September 10th to see what else needs to be done to rid her of this pestering rash. Even now, dealing with this disturbing rash, the Pampers Baby Dry has been linking and a gel like material has been coming out from between the two layers of material from the back of the pamper. Mind you, over eight years I trusted Pampers but now is very disappointed and of course looking to put my trust in another company.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2010

I purchased a box of pampers Stage 4 at the local PriceSmart dealership in Port of Spain, Trinidad. I normally used Huggies, but as Pampers advertised the increased amount of disposables in the Stage 4 box and I had previously used the Stage 1-2, I decided to give the product another try. I noticed my daughter developed a diaper rash around the vagina area after use. I had to immediately stop the use of the product and purchase a box of Huggies. I still have some of the Pampers disposable diapers at home as I do not want to give or donate to any one for fear that their child may develop a rash.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2010

Well, I have bought Pampers nappies quite a few times and every time I have my son has leaked through them. It's not very nice as they are suppose to be 1 of the best nappies to use which I find they are clearly not. He gets a rash straight away from them and for the price we pay for a pack of nappies is ridiculous. They should not leak or form a rash at all. I am very disappointed and will not be using this product again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2010

I bought the Pampers baby dry diapers and have noticed that when my baby has about 1 or 2 pees in her diaper, they have little cracks that appear, which leads to the pee or poo leaking through the little cracks, and is staining through to her clothes. I am sure this is not supposed to happen, considering they are supposed to last up to 8 hours. Hers isn't lasting more than 2.

I am not very happy. I have always used and supported Pampers, and now I am really unimpressed. Diapers are really expensive these days, and the economy is making it hard enough to buy diapers at a regular rate, but I am now going through more than average baby, because of this problem. I think it's ridiculous. Pampers is all about how they are the best diapers, but these ones are not. I thought it may have just been one pack, but it's happening again with a new pack. I really don't enjoy having to change my child's clothes, every time I change her diaper.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2010

We bought a case (96) of Pampers Dry Max diapers for our 9 month old 3 weeks ago. She has never had even the start of diaper rash, and the evening after we started using these diapers, she had not just a rash, but blisters and burnt areas to her entire butt, and her genitalia. She was screaming in pain, and was up the entire night. It was absolutely heart wrenching that my baby was in that much pain.

She had used Pampers when she was a newborn without any reaction, so we ruled out the possibility of this "rash" being from her diapers. When I saw that this issues has been known since May, it absolutely disgusted me. It has now been 3 weeks since the incident, and my baby girl has scars to her buttocks, legs, and vagina. Why were these diapers not pulled from the shelves?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2010

I bought pampers nappies and have been a big fan of this brand only when I bought two boxes this week. On opening them found that on the sticky seal on the side of nappy was very difficult to remove and took three ripped nappies until I got it. All other nappies were the same in box and took care in order not to rip them which is very inconvenient when you have a screaming baby with a dirty nappy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2010

My newborn granddaughter ended up with a really bad rash due to the pampers dry max diapers. These diapers should be taken off the market. There are too many cases to be ignored.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2010

My baby girl got the worst case of diaper rash. I will never buy Pampers again. I've never in my life been so sick to my stomach watching my little girl shake from the pain. It still gives me nightmares. I didn't even have the heart to donate the rest of the box to charity. My husband and I couldn't do that to another child. I'm writing this because people need to know about Pampers Cruisers and Dry Max! The diaper rash was so bad on our 8-month old, she was blistered. It took an antibiotic to finally clear it up.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2010

Recently I had my sister pick up diapers at the store for my son who is under 2 years old. Usually I buy Huggies for him but she bought Pampers Cruisers.

He hardly ever gets rashes, let alone any this bad. Within a day or two, my son got a horrible rash on his bottom and private parts, so bad that he would gasp for air and cry out of sheer pain any time his bottom was touched and nothing seemed to help it go away.

Tonight I received a text from my sister-in-law saying Pampers were being recalled for giving babies rashes and burns! This explains why my baby has had such an unusual painful rash which he still has along with a slight fever.

I am beyond upset that this has happened to my son and all these other children I am hearing about! I will never buy another Pampers product and hope all others do the same!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2010

My daughter is almost one and has never had any type of diaper rash. Three days ago, I purchased Pampers Dry Max instead of our usual brand of Huggies. She has had a severe rash ever since. It was not until today that I heard of the complaints and figured out what was causing this. I will never put another Pampers product on her again and recommend other parent's to do the same.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2010

I purchased a package of Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max yesterday. After approximately 3 diaper changes, my grandson developed a rash on his bottom and private part. It was clearly a reaction to chemicals or fragrance in the new diapers. We have used Pampers for years but in comparing the new diapers to a few left over at home, we discovered that the new bag had a distinct chemical odor. When I went online to find a number for Pampers, I discovered the fact that many other parents have experienced what we went through last night. My grandson was crying and could not even sit down without what appeared to be excruciating pain.

To add insult to injury, I am now learning that P&G has known about this since May 2010 and have chosen to ignore that outcry of parents. If they had taken these parents seriously, my grandson would not have experienced the trauma that he endured last night. I am outraged by the position P&G has taken and I am committed to being heard on this matter. Someone has to stop big business from placing profits above people.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2010

I just loved Pampers swaddlers. However, I bought a packages of Drymax in May, and I noticed that my twins were leaking terribly. I was changing sheets every morning and after every nap for my twins! There was leakage in two hours or less: during church (one hour), during naps (two hours) and during playtime (one hour). After about two hours, the diapers consistently leaked! I went online to see if other parents had noticed the same thing, and found a rash of complaints about the product, not only citing leakage, but also citing burns to babies.

I have switched to Huggies. They are not as soft as Pampers, but at least they are a safe product, and at least they don't leak in two hours! I also will not use this product on the principle that this company is not responding with proper ethics to the complaints about severe burns. There is a clear difference between a diaper rash and a chemical burn. Moms and dads are intelligent. We know what diapers fit our babies, and we know to change them often, and we know the difference between diaper rash and burns to the skin.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2010

My daughter is a year old and she has always worn Pampers - Swaddlers and now Cruisers. We recently got Dry Max for her as BabiesRus did not have Baby Dry. I purchased the largest pack - 160 ct without even imagining that there could be a problem. I noticed rashes after she started wearing them. Initially, I thought it might be due to the warm weather. Later on, I searched online and was surprised to see that there are so many other babies who had rashes after using Dry Max. I wish I would have searched the reviews before I purchased it. Unfortunately, I threw the box and not sure if I could return it. Dry Max proved to very expensive. My baby got rashes and I lost my money.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2010

I bought Pamper Premium for my babies and it burnt their little bums, so I bought Pampers Active Baby and it is so thin that you could see when they were watering. I had to use two nappies for them not to wet themselves. This was the first time that this has happened as I only use Pampers.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2010

What a nightmare. I had just bought a box of Pampers Swaddlers with dry max at my local Target. I have been using Swaddlers on my daughter since she was born 4 months prior to this incident with absolutely NO problems. When I went to Target that day I bought the "new" Dry Max swaddlers. Within 1 hour, my daughter started doing this gasping sound for air, almost like she couldn't catch her breath. I panicked and didn't know what was wrong. No fever, she was not showing any signs of being sick, she was fine an hour prior to putting on this diaper. In my head, I didn't connect the diaper to anything that could be happening. The breathing got so bad my husband and I had to literally speed her to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh!

When we got there and went to check her rectal she had a severe chemical burn all over her entire bottom! From front to back. The rash was so bad and so painful, it was causing her so much pain she couldn't breathe. I felt horrible and couldn't believe what had happened. I put a ton of Desitin on her bottom and discontinued using the Swaddlers. Within 12 hours of discontinuing the swaddlers, the burn was healing and her breathing was getting a lot better. My daughter is breastfed and has never had a diaper rash at all prior to this. Not even a little bit. This was a burn. I mean it was actually sickening to my stomach. Her whole area front to back down below was just red, swollen, and looked extremely painful. Do not buy Pampers swaddlers with Dry Max!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2010

I would say that there is something seriously wrong with the Pampers diapers. I bought a package of Pampers Baby Dry, the bonus pack with 124 size #3 and my son has been using Pampers since I brought him home from the hospital. Last week, I bought these and he had a bad rash around the inner thighs and his testicles.

I didn't use Pampers with my girls. I used Huggies and I am due to have another baby in February and I think I will switch to Huggies just to be on the safe side. But yes, it's true about the rash. Pampers better do something and fast before they go out of business from people switching to different brands because I know I won't buy Pampers anymore even if they come up with a solution.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2010

I regularly use Luvs diapers but Kroger had P&G products on sale last week so I bought 7 packages of Pampers diapers. My daughter has used Pampers before and never had a problem, she's 6 months old. Well, I also had a coupon for a free package of Pampers' wipes with the purchase of a pack of diapers. I started using the Pampers diapers and wipes last Tuesday, by Friday my daughter had developed some sort of "rash" that was red in color and was all over her front and bottom (every place the diaper touched).

She was also swollen in her private area. It's been exactly a week later and the rash has not gone away, in fact it looks like little red circles that won't heal. They're also up on her stomach right where the top of the diaper sits. I am very upset about this. Whatever Pampers is putting in this new line of diapers and/or wipes is unsafe and should be pulled off the shelves! My baby has a rash/chemical burn as a result of the diapers and/or wipes. Nothing else in her daily routine has changed.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2010

We just switched to the Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max (#3), having used Huggies for the past few months. After only the first day of use, my daughter broke out in the worst rash she has ever had in her 18 months. Never before have we seen a rash like this on her. She was a little more fussy that day than normal. Now we know why.

Her eating and drinking habits and diet hasn't changed one bit in the past week. This is definitely caused by this particular diaper. Even having used other Pampers diapers previously (the ones without Dry Max), she never had this kind of rash. It is severe and covers a significant portion of her butt. We took pictures.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2010

I bought Pampers diapers for my baby a month ago, but the nappies don't seem to last for even 4 hours! She wakes up two to three times at night because she and all of the bedding is soaked. She does not drink any more fluids than usual. I've bought other diapers before and never had a problem such as this! I feel that the quality you get for the amount you pay, is not worth it! I'm not satisfied at all. My baby has a terrible nappy rash, because of the nappy that doesn't keep her dry as they are supposed to do.

Pampers Company Information