4.0/5 (401 ratings)

About Pampers

Pampers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2013

I have been using Pampers for the past three years. I recently bought my usual Cruisers sz 5 but noticed the box was different, just thought maybe they redesigned the box. Then my son started getting red spots in his genital area, blisters like. Then my daughter started getting them. I was stumped, I even thought it was scabies or ringworm, but only in their private area?! Made no sense. Turns out after research, I bought Pampers with Dry Max and it burned my babies!!! This is very common. Pampers should be taken down for allowing this to happen for years now and not stopping production of Dry Max. Chemicals that burn can only mean that they will eventually cause cancer. Get the big idea, Pampers? Get some ethics, I'm done with you, it's onto Huggies now...

Original review: Oct. 18, 2013

I had just had my baby in September and was using Pampers swaddlers (provided by the hospital) and things were ok at first so I continued to use them when we got her home. I noticed three days after we get her home that she has a red burn on her bottom, almost as though someone poured boiling hot liquid on her bottom. But not thinking much of it as my older two always had the same problem due to high amounts of acidity foods or drinks. I figured it was something in my breast milk. But as a few days passed and using butt paste on her, she was not clearing up but getting worse, to the point she now had open sores. I changed brands to Huggies newborn diapers and within two days, her bottom was better.

I called Pampers to tell them and they give me a refund and say they will pass the info onto their safety department and when I said that I remember when two or three years ago when there was a problem with them and it was all over the news and wanted to let them know so that if it is still going on, they could get it taken care of. They denied there was a problem and they are only reimbursing me the one package of $10.00 and not all the ones I actually bought. I feel that they need to do something or be boycotted until they get it fixed.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I logged a complaint on the 3rd of JULY 2013 and they sent me a R100 voucher. I never encountered a problem with Pampers until now, 1st time being JULY 2013. 2nd batch purchased with gel pouring out after being place on baby in under an hour. The rash began to swell the area around his penis and the lower area of his buttocks, causing the infected area to turn red and burn the skin, causing the skin to bruise him to the extent of the wound being visibly open. The pain was so much and too much for me that he was shaking from it and I cried with him as well.

I treated the rash and made him run around with no nappies for a while and went through to DISCHEM to purchase HUGGIES, which was recommended by a very confident MOTHER. I call the call centre after this long weekend [WOMEN'S DAY] and I try the entire day. I try again @16h15 and get through to someone by the name of DUDU/GUGU. EXPLAIN it all to her and she says to me she will use the existing ref no. and forward it to her supervisor tomorrow because they close @ 16h30. She will call me the next day, which is the 13th August.

I wait patiently for her call and decide to call @ 13h00, get through to THEMBISA, who informs me that the system needs to update in order for DUDU/GUGU's notes to appear. So from 08h00 to13h00, the systems is still updating, hence the notes not being visible. I explain to THEMBISA and appeal to her and ask to speak to a manager. She get back to me and informs me that she is unavailable. I then request the manager's email address. She informs me that there is only one medium of contact and it through them. Email: zaconsumers@custhelp.com, and if are unable to assist me, they will escalate it seriously.

This had to have been a joke which I just experienced. I asked the lady if she would rather I visit them personally and she arrogantly told me if I so wish. I would like to be compensation for the pain and trauma experience: 6months supply vouchers for NAPPIES [of my choices a box] + wet wipes x 2 packs + bum cream [Fissan paste ] + Stil Pain. I have the pics of the incident.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2013

From birth we have used Pampers nappies on my 7 month old daughter (the 'new baby' version) but as she is now 7 months and going into the size 4 nappies we can no longer use the 'new baby' variety so purchased a pack of the 'baby dry' ones. Within a few days of this change she has developed red lumps on her genitals which are extremely angry and sore looking. She constantly tries to grab at herself now as soon as the nappies are removed for changing or bathing and we have noticed that there is a horrible chemical smell coming from the nappies themselves. She has never had a nappy rash and now she has this nasty rash which to me looks more like a chemical burn.

I am extremely disappointed with these nappies and as soon as I am able to get to town then I will be buying a pack of Boots own brand nappies (as I always used these on my 6 year old daughter when she was a baby and never had a problem) and will discontinue use of the Pampers brand. This really shouldn't surprise me coming from P&G (a brand that tests all of its products on animals) but I honestly thought that selling irritant and possibly dangerous nappies would be something that even a company that has such lack of empathy for animals would do.

Original review: June 4, 2013

My granddaughter is almost 3 and from the start, she has had horrible rashes. They hurt her to tears and she doesn't want to be changed because it hurts her so bad. We started with Huggies because at that time we had heard all the stories of rashes and burns. But now, she hurts no matter what brand. We wonder if there is an ingredient that is in all brands that she could be allergic to. Trying to get a list of ingredients of any brand seems to be impossible.

Original review: March 8, 2013

I was using Huggies but got Pampers on sale. I started using it the night of 3.6.13 and noticed a red rash appeared on 3.7.13 (less than 24 hours), which she did not have before. She is extremely uncomfortable and not able to settle down and sleep, as is her usual routine. This was the only new item introduced and specific to her and location of the rash. I used a total of 9 Pampers Swaddlers for Newborn of a pack of 36. I would like to have a refund, as diapers are expensive. It would be helpful to know the chemicals or list of ingredients used to make the diapers so I can avoid using items with said ingredients to avoid any allergies.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2013

I am very disappointed with the quality of all disposable diapers lately. I have tried the 3 major brands, which up until recently have performed just fine but in the past 2 months they are thinner, less absorbent, more expensive, and fall apart. I have not experienced the rashes that others have but broken tabs, blow outs and leak throughs daily. They seem to disintegrate before they can be changed. I am not certain what has happened to cause such quality control issues, but I for one am going back to cloth. We did it for the first kid; looks like #4 we will go back to the basics.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2013

I bought a box of # 5 Pampers and the tabs kept tearing off, so I brought them back to the store I purchased them and they would not exchange them. She told me the store is closing and it's a final sale. I was so upset after paying all that money and getting ripped off.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2013

With our first daughter who is now almost four, we were exceptionally pleased with Pampers diapers. However, with our now 3-month old daughter, we have had to throw away countless Swaddlers due to faulty tabs. I am very disappointed and will stop buying Pampers. What happened to the quality of this brand and the integrity of this product?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2013

I normally use Pampers Premium Care for my 10-month old but the Pampers Active Baby was on a special. From the first nappie, I was having problems that the velcro is not sticking and wasted a lot of nappies due to this defect. As a mother of four, I was not happy with the nappies and would like to get a reply from your company.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2013

Our 9-month-old started to have severe diaper rash and what looked like welts, and rawness, even bleeding. He would scream when trying to change and wipe him because I know it hurt. I thought it was due to food allergies, and changed his diet, but still it persisted. It took me months to figure out that it was the diapers when I researched online about the Pampers diapers. Within a few days of changing the brand of diaper, the rash and burns and red spots went away. I am outraged that Pampers continues to sell a product that causes such chemical burns to a small innocent baby. The product should be taken off the market immediately and I will never use Pampers or P&G products again. The outcome of the lawsuit against the Pampers issue is a disgrace to the judicial system, but much more a disgrace to the countless innocent children who continue to endure pain and burns due to Pampers negligence.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2013

I had bought a big box of a 120 size 5 Pampers Stay Dry diapers and I'm not too happy about them. Some of the velcros came right off of the diapers and wouldn't stick. I have always bought Pampers diapers.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2012

I am a new mother and am still learning the best and worst brands of various baby items. I can now cross Pampers off my list. My son is a size 3 and I had bought your brand believing that between all the hype about them and their price, I was under the impression this buy was a good choice. Wrong! The first time he used them, he got a horrible rash that was near impossible to get rid of so we stopped use. Then two days ago, with the last $10 I had to my name, I had sent my stepfather to buy diapers.

Lo and behold, it's Pampers again. Every 30 minutes to an hour, he goes through a whole diaper and another pair of clothes. Now, I get to waste laundry detergent as well. I am a single mother only wanting the best for my son and I'm just disappointed I wasted money on a necessity that only turned out hurting my child and my pockets. I could only hope for a refund but I doubt that will happen! Instead, I only walk away with the knowledge your brand will never be a part of my household again. How you could continue to make such a defective product for such innocent beings is beyond me!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2012

Once again, faulty nappy. I have had to change my baby's nappy three times within the hour as first, the tab ripped when I was sealing it. Then I put a new one on which leaked and now I just had to change him again because of leakage! After paying so much, you would expect them to at least do what they are supposed to!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2012

I have been buying Pampers 4 for my grandson and the last box was not good. The tape would not stick. I had to use tape. I paid too much to have to do that.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2012

Last week, I bought my daughter 2 boxes of Pampers Cruisers at the local Wal-Mart, which was total waste of money! When my daughter uses the potty in her diaper once, it’s like as if she has urinated in her diaper more than 8 times. She goes through about 5 or more Pampers through a 9-hour night. I have to constantly change her throughout the night! The Pampers have very little absorbance!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2012

I bought a packet of Pampers Maxi 32 and all the stuffing was falling out of the nappies. I wasn't impressed as I had to send my partner to the local shop for some more nappies. They are more or less twice the price.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2012

I have used Pampers for nearly 6 years now on all 3 of my kids and never had a problem until yesterday. I took my daughter's nappy off as normal. The inner elastic ripped the skin of the whole one side of her bottom. She is in agony, all swollen and red. She can't sit as it's too painful. When I lay her down, she is rising her bottom up so there is no pain. I am so angry as she is teething and very unsettled. Now this has made her worse as she is in so much pain. I'm a very angry mommy.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2012

I'm not sure if we bought a bad batch of Pampers Cruiser but I've had 4 nights of changing diapers twice (each night) for our 24 month old that have leaked out all over the bed, without the diaper absorbing any of the pee. This is very frustrating as sleep is disturbed and money is wasted. We usually love Pampers Cruisers but sometimes we buy these bad boxes, and that's very frustrating.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2012

I am very upset and dissatisfied with Pampers products. I have a 6-week-old and got a box of Pampers. Each and every use has been horrible. We have had 3 accidents where she has been changed because after one wet diaper or one soil diaper, it has leaked all over my newborn and my husband and myself. After paying so much money for the brand, it is a total letdown!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2012

I'm very disappointed about the Pampers diapers as they leak out. The padding inside does not even align. It doesn't absorb all the urine. What can I do? Please help. I'm on diaper 3 now and it has been like this since the beginning. Please come back to me with this matter.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2012

I was changing my daughter and I grabbed a pack of wipes out of the box. I tried to open them with the resealable tab but there was no tab. There was noway to open it except to pull it open like a bag of chips. So I tried that and it wouldn't budge. My dad got a knife and sliced it open. Finally, that worked but the package was so tough my father sliced his finger open. Is there something you can do about this? Why wasn't there a place to open the wipes? Was it a bad batch? Please contact me.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2012

I was changing my grandson after he was wet. I pulled the diaper (size 1) to put on him and the tab came off. I never had the problem before. I used Pampers 22 years ago on my son. Now, we are using them on my grandson, who is not even 2 months old yet. And now, this is happening. It is now 3 diapers that this has happened to. I have them still, and I will send them to you at your request. So what would you like me to do? Thank you for taking the time to read what I have written.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2012

I change the diaper on my daughter at least once every 2 hours. I got Pampers diapers and within 2 days, the diaper gave away 3 times. Once my daughter was sleeping and had pooped, the poop was all over the crib because the diaper strap opened up on its own and there was a mess in the whole crib. Second time in the same day, my daughter was playing and suddenly I saw beads all over my carpet. The diaper ripped open and my daughter was wearing pajamas so through that, the covering was so weak that it opened up and the beads from the diaper was all over the place. The third time the next morning, the same thing happened. I was so disappointed with their quality. You pay top dollar for these things not to increase your work, but to make life simpler. This was ridiculous. I will never buy these diapers again.

Original review: July 24, 2012

The straps popped off the Pampers and I couldn't get a refund. I love Pampers. At the same time they aren't easy to get.

Original review: July 2, 2012

Pampers Premium Care No. 1 - The nappy leaks my baby's pee, soaked his skin. This happened with quite a few nappies and the nappy was not very full as well.

Original review: June 27, 2012

My son bent over and the back of the nappy ripped open. I had to change his nappy three times as it happened twice. So, I had to purchase another pack of pull ups while I was out as I was in a restaurant at the time.

Original review: June 27, 2012

I have a 19-day old son and I started using Pampers for him when my Huggies finished. To my disappointment, it has caused such a bad rash to my son that there are spots of bleeding and that is only because of the scented Pampers! It was the last thing I had expected from Pampers. My son is in so much pain because of you. And I am not the only mom who has faced this problem with your scented Pampers!

Original review: June 18, 2012

A month ago I bought a pack of Pampers at one of our Spar supermarkets, because it was on special. I buy every month a jumbo pack for my daughter and where ever I see a special, I buy. When opening the new pack, after the second diaper, I came to realize that all the tapes were broken. I phoned the toll free number. The lady told me I must post 5 diapers and it’s going to be free post, only to find out by the post office it wasn’t free. I’m a single mother. I’m very disappointed with Pampers because my daughter has been using it since birth and I had to buy a new pack, which I couldn’t afford at all because I work on a budget when my daughter’s diapers are concerned (angry mom).

Original review: June 10, 2012

I have bought two separate packs of nappies (size 5) for my daughter and both packs have leaked through the sides. Also, the gel inside had also come out through a split in the side of the nappies. I have used Pampers ever since my daughter was born and never had a problem. But since this has happened with 2 nappies out of each pack, I am considering changing her nappies as I just stopped her from putting the gel into her mouth. Also, I had to get it out of her cot and from off her carpet as it was all over the place. Obviously, as I have tried 2 packs of nappies, so this isn't a one-off problem and I am really concerned that my daughter will put the gel into her mouth. I know my daughter cannot have done it as she goes to bed in baby growers and vests, so it has to be a manufacturing fault.

Pampers Company Information