3.94/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Pampers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Pampers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

Hi. I have been using Pampers for a very long time. Recently I came across a pkt of nappies that had little stones in the nappies, I'm not sure what it is, seems to be the gel that is in little balls. You pay a hell of a lot of money for this kind of quality. Also, a few of the nappies had half of the padding missing the bum area.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

I've used Pampers for my now 6 year old son, now 5 year old son and 15 month old son... Just want to first say that all children's bodies and parts are different. I Love Pampers, I've used swaddlers for newborn then baby dry and once they all began to walk Cruisers. I have used Huggies in the past for whatever reasons such as just trying them out, curious if they are better, recently because my local Wal-Mart did not have Cruisers in the size I needed for my 15 month old.

Anyways I'm writing because I have never, NEVER had a problem with pampers. My son has had a on going rash since I bought Huggies Little Movers a week ago, he has woke every morning except 2 times soaked and I haven't changed our routine, etc. My older sons, also had rashes only while using Huggies for the short time we tried them. I'm not dogging Huggies, my friend loves the brand for her Daughter, as pampers left marks on her. Basically my point is that everyone's child is formed different, some brands work better for girls and some for boys. Also please parents, put the boys (thing) down straight!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

My granddaughter stays with me on the weekend...I bought a pack of stage 2 pampers...I went to grab 1 diaper out of the pack and when I opened it had poop on the upper part of the diapers. I have never seen such a disgusting thing in my life!!! I know it wasn't her poop...because for 1 month her poop have been tiny round balls. I am on hold now with pampers going on 20 min...still no one has got on the line. Parents please check diapers before putting them on your baby...make sure you have lights on. This is a horrible feeling that a grandparent had to see. Very very disappointed. Sad Grandma.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

The best. Worth the little extra money. Swaddler, baby dry, great never leak, so soft and dry even when full!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2014

I bought Pampers Nappy for my baby believing it’s the best for my child but it turns out that each time my baby do a poo it comes out of her Nappy from the back and side. I tried all types of their brand - active fit, premium active and baby dry. Waste of money I say.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

On Day 2 of using these Diapers for the first time, noticed a terrible contact Rash which transgressed into raised BUMPS in the genital area of my toddler. After contacting Pampers Customer Service, they collected a report and a few things were disappointing: Agent Jamie expressed all they could do is send out a $5 coupon (After I mentioned my daughter clearly experienced an allergic reaction). In asking to speak to a manager she said no one was available and wanted me to wait for someone to call me back. After some conversation and my disappointment at the lack of care for a sensitive health issue in this case, she "waved" down a manager. They divulged that the lining in the Easy UPs are quite different from the Pampers Diapers themselves.

I felt very disappointed that a company of this size, in such a sensitive industry (babies), would not take the time to properly handle such a complaint. My daughter ended up at the doctor's office with prescribed medication and we are on day 4 of this allergic reaction and it has not yet healed.

Original review: April 15, 2014

I bought a packet of active baby diapers with 50 diapers and to my surprise I found that one of the stickers is not working. The sticker doesn't stick. How can a company with such a huge name do such a mistake? The whole packet is not usable. When the sticker is not working how can we use the diapers? Disgusted. And look at the rocket high pricing of the diapers and see what is being delivered. Lost my trust completely on the brand. How can one buy such faulty things again and how do you know how the diapers will turn out to be? Feel like suing the company for cheating the customers.

Original review: April 10, 2014

Discovered a rectangular black shiny object with sharp corners 4" x 2". It took 3 days for the company to get back to me and they offered me 2 $10 coupons.....sorry can't say I will use them. I lost all trust in this company which I used to love! I loved the softness and smell of the diaper but this incident which sickened and scared me was brushed off by the company with a here is 2 coupons! Really oh and they send me prepaid mail so I can send them the diaper that they may have to destroy! What!

Original review: March 25, 2014

Cellulitis from a chemical burn presumably from the fragrance. A FOOTBALL sized cyst on my cousin's baby had to be lanced in the emergency room today. Are there any similar problems other people have encountered?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2014

My baby is just born in Feb 6. Since discharge from hospital, I bought Pampers swaddler brand for newborn. All the urine leak from back. We change 3 diaper, still same... Then I called to Pampers customer care and they send my complaint to quality department and also amount of Pampers pack, they send me coupon... So my advice to everybody... if anybody have complaint about Pampers, call to customer care to their respective country. They might help you but make sure that in beginning of call, they will just tell you advise you to how to use Pampers and also they will ask pretty much information about pack you purchase. I wish you good luck.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2013

I usually use Cuddlers with my 18 month old baby boy. Then recently had financial challenges such that I was forced to get diapers by account and unfortunately the shop I have an account with never sells Cuddlers. Since I started using Pampers, I noticed that my baby's clothes are wet when he urinates several times on it. Imagine having to change my baby's clothes each time I'm changing his nappy. How can the famous Pampers fail to make non-leak diapers, really? I'm disgusted by Pampers and wish they never existed on the shelves!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2013

Pampers have always been used for my niece and nephew. who are now 2 and a half. Never had a problem. But now the new Pampers that are out seem to just leak as the kids are peeing. No absorbency whatsoever. Had to switch to a different brand due to the fact they pee the bed when wearing Pampers. I contacted P&G Pampers and they just sent a statement on how to use the diapers properly. As if I myself and the mother don't know how to put on a diaper after 2 and a half years.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2013

I bought Pampers nappies to try for my baby (I usually use Huggies). I am so disgusted by Pampers and regret the day I bought the Pampers nappies for my baby. The Pampers nappies will break, releasing all the gel that contains urine. My baby will play and eat it and the whole area where my baby moves with that nappy will be contaminated with urine gel from Pampers nappies. Today was the 8th time the nappy break and urine gel was everywhere. That is 8 out of 10 nappies I used so far. The other 2 that did not break, mostly contained a firm stool and almost no urine (nappy was dry from urine). I am sure if the 2 nappies that did not break contained urine, it would have broken too, and my home would have been covered in poop and urine gel. What happens when my baby has a poop nappy and it breaks and she starts playing and eating her own poop?

Pampers is disgusting and I will NEVER EVER SUPPORT OR BUY PAMPERS AGAIN!!! I will tell every person I come in contact with not to buy Pampers! Best of all is Pampers is one of the most expensive nappy brand in the shops! So, what I can gather from Pampers is that you love robbing people of their hard earned money and giving them the POOREST LOW QUALITY PRODUCT EVER PRODUCED for a lot of their money. You are robbing people. PATHETIC!!! Just remember, CARMA will get to you by selling this PATHETIC HEALTH RISK PRODUCT to use for infants, babies, toddlers!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2013

My son has had 2 diaper rashes in his life and he is 15 months old. Both were the result of Pampers Baby Dry. The first incidence was questionable because he was on antibiotics to prevent infection of a burn he received on his finger. He was on them for 2 days before I discontinued it. The rash continued for almost 2 weeks and required a steroid, anti-fungal and Penaten mix. During this time I noticed the green dye had colored the folds of his groin where the diaper sits completely green. I was sure the diaper rash was due to the Pampers (why also are they so strongly scented?!)

He was switched to Huggies and the rash issue resolved within a couple days. I tried Pampers again because it had been a long time since he was on antibiotics and within 2 days I noticed a bump on his groin only millimeters wide and a perfect circle. Within a couple days, it resembled a 2 degree burn and was the size of a quarter!! We have never experienced anything like this and it looks so painful! He started with the diaper rash on his buttock again, same pattern and location as before. Immediately I noticed an improvement when I switched him back to Huggies. Someone needs to take accountability for this and prevent this from happening to other children!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2013

We bought Pamper for my granddaughter and used them a few times and she got a rash that would not go away. We had to take her to the drs because it was so bad it looked like she was burned (Oct 2013).

Original review: Oct. 25, 2013

I'm very dissatisfied with Pampers even though I'm putting them on correctly. My son pees and it leaks right through out the back. I've went through 3 outfits today and have been having leaks since I've bought them. I think I'll be switching. There's a lot of wasted clean diapers because it rolls right out of them!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2013

I have been using Pampers for the past three years. I recently bought my usual Cruisers sz 5 but noticed the box was different, just thought maybe they redesigned the box. Then my son started getting red spots in his genital area, blisters like. Then my daughter started getting them. I was stumped, I even thought it was scabies or ringworm, but only in their private area?! Made no sense. Turns out after research, I bought Pampers with Dry Max and it burned my babies!!! This is very common. Pampers should be taken down for allowing this to happen for years now and not stopping production of Dry Max. Chemicals that burn can only mean that they will eventually cause cancer. Get the big idea, Pampers? Get some ethics, I'm done with you, it's onto Huggies now...

Original review: Oct. 18, 2013

I had just had my baby in September and was using Pampers swaddlers (provided by the hospital) and things were ok at first so I continued to use them when we got her home. I noticed three days after we get her home that she has a red burn on her bottom, almost as though someone poured boiling hot liquid on her bottom. But not thinking much of it as my older two always had the same problem due to high amounts of acidity foods or drinks. I figured it was something in my breast milk. But as a few days passed and using butt paste on her, she was not clearing up but getting worse, to the point she now had open sores. I changed brands to Huggies newborn diapers and within two days, her bottom was better.

I called Pampers to tell them and they give me a refund and say they will pass the info onto their safety department and when I said that I remember when two or three years ago when there was a problem with them and it was all over the news and wanted to let them know so that if it is still going on, they could get it taken care of. They denied there was a problem and they are only reimbursing me the one package of $10.00 and not all the ones I actually bought. I feel that they need to do something or be boycotted until they get it fixed.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I logged a complaint on the 3rd of JULY 2013 and they sent me a R100 voucher. I never encountered a problem with Pampers until now, 1st time being JULY 2013. 2nd batch purchased with gel pouring out after being place on baby in under an hour. The rash began to swell the area around his penis and the lower area of his buttocks, causing the infected area to turn red and burn the skin, causing the skin to bruise him to the extent of the wound being visibly open. The pain was so much and too much for me that he was shaking from it and I cried with him as well.

I treated the rash and made him run around with no nappies for a while and went through to DISCHEM to purchase HUGGIES, which was recommended by a very confident MOTHER. I call the call centre after this long weekend [WOMEN'S DAY] and I try the entire day. I try again @16h15 and get through to someone by the name of DUDU/GUGU. EXPLAIN it all to her and she says to me she will use the existing ref no. and forward it to her supervisor tomorrow because they close @ 16h30. She will call me the next day, which is the 13th August.

I wait patiently for her call and decide to call @ 13h00, get through to THEMBISA, who informs me that the system needs to update in order for DUDU/GUGU's notes to appear. So from 08h00 to13h00, the systems is still updating, hence the notes not being visible. I explain to THEMBISA and appeal to her and ask to speak to a manager. She get back to me and informs me that she is unavailable. I then request the manager's email address. She informs me that there is only one medium of contact and it through them. Email: zaconsumers@custhelp.com, and if are unable to assist me, they will escalate it seriously.

This had to have been a joke which I just experienced. I asked the lady if she would rather I visit them personally and she arrogantly told me if I so wish. I would like to be compensation for the pain and trauma experience: 6months supply vouchers for NAPPIES [of my choices a box] + wet wipes x 2 packs + bum cream [Fissan paste ] + Stil Pain. I have the pics of the incident.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2013

From birth we have used Pampers nappies on my 7 month old daughter (the 'new baby' version) but as she is now 7 months and going into the size 4 nappies we can no longer use the 'new baby' variety so purchased a pack of the 'baby dry' ones. Within a few days of this change she has developed red lumps on her genitals which are extremely angry and sore looking. She constantly tries to grab at herself now as soon as the nappies are removed for changing or bathing and we have noticed that there is a horrible chemical smell coming from the nappies themselves. She has never had a nappy rash and now she has this nasty rash which to me looks more like a chemical burn.

I am extremely disappointed with these nappies and as soon as I am able to get to town then I will be buying a pack of Boots own brand nappies (as I always used these on my 6 year old daughter when she was a baby and never had a problem) and will discontinue use of the Pampers brand. This really shouldn't surprise me coming from P&G (a brand that tests all of its products on animals) but I honestly thought that selling irritant and possibly dangerous nappies would be something that even a company that has such lack of empathy for animals would do.

Original review: June 4, 2013

My granddaughter is almost 3 and from the start, she has had horrible rashes. They hurt her to tears and she doesn't want to be changed because it hurts her so bad. We started with Huggies because at that time we had heard all the stories of rashes and burns. But now, she hurts no matter what brand. We wonder if there is an ingredient that is in all brands that she could be allergic to. Trying to get a list of ingredients of any brand seems to be impossible.

Original review: March 8, 2013

I was using Huggies but got Pampers on sale. I started using it the night of 3.6.13 and noticed a red rash appeared on 3.7.13 (less than 24 hours), which she did not have before. She is extremely uncomfortable and not able to settle down and sleep, as is her usual routine. This was the only new item introduced and specific to her and location of the rash. I used a total of 9 Pampers Swaddlers for Newborn of a pack of 36. I would like to have a refund, as diapers are expensive. It would be helpful to know the chemicals or list of ingredients used to make the diapers so I can avoid using items with said ingredients to avoid any allergies.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2013

I am very disappointed with the quality of all disposable diapers lately. I have tried the 3 major brands, which up until recently have performed just fine but in the past 2 months they are thinner, less absorbent, more expensive, and fall apart. I have not experienced the rashes that others have but broken tabs, blow outs and leak throughs daily. They seem to disintegrate before they can be changed. I am not certain what has happened to cause such quality control issues, but I for one am going back to cloth. We did it for the first kid; looks like #4 we will go back to the basics.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2013

I bought a box of # 5 Pampers and the tabs kept tearing off, so I brought them back to the store I purchased them and they would not exchange them. She told me the store is closing and it's a final sale. I was so upset after paying all that money and getting ripped off.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2013

With our first daughter who is now almost four, we were exceptionally pleased with Pampers diapers. However, with our now 3-month old daughter, we have had to throw away countless Swaddlers due to faulty tabs. I am very disappointed and will stop buying Pampers. What happened to the quality of this brand and the integrity of this product?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2013

I normally use Pampers Premium Care for my 10-month old but the Pampers Active Baby was on a special. From the first nappie, I was having problems that the velcro is not sticking and wasted a lot of nappies due to this defect. As a mother of four, I was not happy with the nappies and would like to get a reply from your company.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2013

Our 9-month-old started to have severe diaper rash and what looked like welts, and rawness, even bleeding. He would scream when trying to change and wipe him because I know it hurt. I thought it was due to food allergies, and changed his diet, but still it persisted. It took me months to figure out that it was the diapers when I researched online about the Pampers diapers. Within a few days of changing the brand of diaper, the rash and burns and red spots went away. I am outraged that Pampers continues to sell a product that causes such chemical burns to a small innocent baby. The product should be taken off the market immediately and I will never use Pampers or P&G products again. The outcome of the lawsuit against the Pampers issue is a disgrace to the judicial system, but much more a disgrace to the countless innocent children who continue to endure pain and burns due to Pampers negligence.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2013

I had bought a big box of a 120 size 5 Pampers Stay Dry diapers and I'm not too happy about them. Some of the velcros came right off of the diapers and wouldn't stick. I have always bought Pampers diapers.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2012

I am a new mother and am still learning the best and worst brands of various baby items. I can now cross Pampers off my list. My son is a size 3 and I had bought your brand believing that between all the hype about them and their price, I was under the impression this buy was a good choice. Wrong! The first time he used them, he got a horrible rash that was near impossible to get rid of so we stopped use. Then two days ago, with the last $10 I had to my name, I had sent my stepfather to buy diapers.

Lo and behold, it's Pampers again. Every 30 minutes to an hour, he goes through a whole diaper and another pair of clothes. Now, I get to waste laundry detergent as well. I am a single mother only wanting the best for my son and I'm just disappointed I wasted money on a necessity that only turned out hurting my child and my pockets. I could only hope for a refund but I doubt that will happen! Instead, I only walk away with the knowledge your brand will never be a part of my household again. How you could continue to make such a defective product for such innocent beings is beyond me!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2012

Once again, faulty nappy. I have had to change my baby's nappy three times within the hour as first, the tab ripped when I was sealing it. Then I put a new one on which leaked and now I just had to change him again because of leakage! After paying so much, you would expect them to at least do what they are supposed to!

Pampers Company Information